PDA

View Full Version : Happy with Zim series performance?

Night_wolf
June 23, 2012, 09:37 AM
So we are out and To be honest i am not extremely happy but i am not complaining. We started the tour very badly.4 straight losses then back to back win against 2 teams,something which Bangladesh was lacking before the Asia cup. So we can safely say our boys didn't let go the Asia cup momentum,That was the main objective IMO. And that too with out shakib and a not 100% fit tamim.

So not a great result but overall i am satisfied

your thoughts?

banindfan
June 23, 2012, 09:50 AM
NOT AT ALL HAPPY!!QUITE DISAPPOINTED because having defeated both zimbabwe and southafrica we havent learnt to adhere to the details on runrate which have cost us the opportunity to displace ZIM in the final .It is vital that in the future tournaments we learn to give close attention to aspects such as NRR and outplay opponents when games get closer. Need to improve further!!:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

kalpurush
June 23, 2012, 10:26 AM
Well, not happy. I was hoping Anam could be our opening partner with TI, but seems I have to wait a bit longer. I still want him to play against the Irish just to give him more time.

Zia disappointed me the most = he slogs, slogs and slogs. Can't rotate by taking singles or two. Abul has pace but no variations at all. He needs to work it out.

The way we won against the Safers was a disappointment too. You can say a win is a win - that's "crap" logic to me. Cricket is not al about winning, rather how you play -wasn't a joy to watch.

I will give 5 out of 10 in over-all score to the tigers. :down::up:

crikss
June 23, 2012, 10:30 AM
Not at all. We lost against Zimbos just to prove we are still minnow (I don't care about SA losing to ZImbo)

TigerEz
June 23, 2012, 10:39 AM
Not all that sad but not all that happy either. Could've done a lot better and we shoul've went to the finals but...whatever..Now we should focus on ireland and the rest of the series! Also just cause we dont have Shakib or Tamim doesnt mean that you're gonna drop catches like we did in this series!! One thing i wanna tell the team is TIGHTEN UP!

Night_wolf
June 23, 2012, 10:41 AM
Well, not happy. I was hoping Anam could be our opening partner with TI, but seems I have to wait a bit longer. I still want him to play against the Irish just to give him more time.

Zia disappointed me the most = he slogs, slogs and slogs. Can't rotate by taking singles or two. Abul has pace but no variations at all. He needs to work it out.

The way we won against the Safers was a disappointment too. You can say a win is a win - that's "crap" logic to me. Cricket is not al about winning, rather how you play -wasn't a joy to watch.

I will give 5 out of 10 in over-all score to the tigers. :down::up:

right, but one thing everyone will have to agree that they didn't let the asia cup momentum totally slip by even without shakib and tamim, we still won two back to back games against two different test playing teams..something that was (achieved in asia cup) missing for so long in Bangladesh cricket. so no matter how ugly the consistency is there

Rubu
June 23, 2012, 10:42 AM
We did not win it.

We are at a point in our journey where we should not be happy with anything below the title. Satisfied? fine. OK with it? fine. Happy? You should not be.

simon
June 23, 2012, 10:44 AM
I am happy becoz :
-after Asia cup we had a long brk from intrntnls.
- played in African conditions without Sakib,with a less fit Tamim & three new faces
-knowing how poor we r in teatwnty we started badly but learned from our mistakes. one loss one win against both SA and Zim. so égalité.

It's not how it starts but it's about how well it ends.
Look at Zim,they started with two wins, now two defeats, and if they lose tommorrow then it will be three consecutive loss which will hurt their confidence.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Kohli_Sox
June 23, 2012, 10:46 AM
There is a lot of room for improvement. It will be best for us to see where we need to particularly improve. Game plan is a big thing for T20 cricket, we need to concentrate on our game planning and on opponent's as well. As we didn't play many T20 over the years, this series definitely will help us to evaluate where we stand right at this moment.

Hasan2k8
June 23, 2012, 10:54 AM
It was Ok, expected BD to reach the final, they didn't. Mahmudullah batting was quite better more like a finisher. Nasir, Mortaza, Ziaur, Razzak, Mushy did ok. To me it's been a OK-SERIES. There's allot improvements needed, fielding was really poor, in all departments need to improve train harder.

roman
June 23, 2012, 10:57 AM
We should've won the first match against zimb. That match was a total blunder. We would've been in final if we had won that.
Anamul disapointed me. I was expecting to see some foot movement, more rotation of the strike from him. don't know if he lacks those qualities or was it due to pressure of first series as a national team player. He is a fabulous fielder though. He shouldve been included in the U-19 now. I think His inclusion in national team was too soon and needless at this moment. I hope this series didn't damage his confidence.
Zia..A better version of Reza. He has power. Well built. Can be handy after some polishing. Should work on his technique. Pybus has a job in hand.

Final would've made me happy

kiwibd
June 23, 2012, 11:01 AM
satisfied, but one thing which might hurt us in the irish tour is that we havent batted first (excluding 1 game in the practice matches against zimbabwe where we got like 120) in over 8 10 games. I am really hoping we go to ireland a bit early and play a couple/few practice matches before the actual official matches!

Jadukor
June 23, 2012, 11:07 AM
I am happy with this tournament because we got to see a different side of this squad in this series.

The results mean absolutely nothing since it's a unofficial tournament. Our critics would have said its a South African C side even if we had won the finals.

Our biggest positive as it is with any practice tournaments was to see different players with different roles and responsibilities. From this tournament we have seen that Tamim and Ashraful could be an ideal opening combination for the opening slot... and Mahmudullah can be a key player when he is not under the shadow of Shakib in the middle order, lastly both Anamul and Ziaur needs a lot of coaching by Pybus. I hope we continue to experiment and give ample chances to all these guys in the Europe tour so that everyone gets the opportunity to hone their skills before the T-20 WC

Night_wolf
June 23, 2012, 11:13 AM
I am happy with this tournament because we got to see a different side of this squad in this series.

The results mean absolutely nothing since it's a unofficial tournament. Our critics would have said its a South African C side even if we had won the finals.

Our biggest positive as it is with any practice tournaments was to see different players with different roles and responsibilities. From this tournament we have seen that Tamim and Ashraful could be an ideal opening combination for the opening slot... and Mahmudullah can be a key player when he is not under the shadow of Shakib in the middle order, lastly both Anamul and Ziaur needs a lot of coaching by Pybus. I hope we continue to experiment and give ample chances to all these guys in the Europe tour so that everyone gets the opportunity to hone their skills before the T-20 WC

i heard this many time in the couple of days that both ash and mullah is playing well without shakib they can play freely, but one thing both of them have to understand that they have to play like this with shakib too, its not like that Shakib wont be back just because these two can play their natural game

Jadukor
June 23, 2012, 11:17 AM
i heard this many time in the couple of days that both ash and mullah is playing well without shakib they can play freely, but one thing both of them have to understand that they have to play like this with shakib too, its not like that Shakib wont be back just because these two can play their natural game

that is the thing. Now that they could play like this...they will themselves have the self belief hopefully for the future matches with Shakib back in the line up.
If we have an in form Ash and Mahmudullah along with Mushy, Nasir, Shakib and Tamim then that is a strong unit by any standards

Sovik
June 23, 2012, 11:18 AM
Not happy knowing we could have done much better. Hope we show improved performance against Ireland. Just can't afford to get beaten by Ireland

frd
June 23, 2012, 11:18 AM
50-50 :50: :50:

playmaker
June 23, 2012, 11:46 AM
Not happy, but not too dissappointed as well. Without shakib, tamim and rubel our team looks weak. However, I think this tour was more for learning than for real performance. At least we know who are good players in this format. Anamul and jahurul have dissappointed, we know zia is nothing but a slogger. Abul and reza are not answers to our question. It wudve been really good had we gone into a final but this tour was more of a learning curve.

The irish tour, now that is time for some showdown

KaaL-PurusH
June 23, 2012, 11:58 AM
Result wise its ok but i just hope the main purpose has fullfilled.

shakibrulz
June 23, 2012, 12:25 PM
You shouldn't be too worried - the result is with 75-80% team not playing (i.e. Shakib) :D So fair enough, the team looks alright with Mahmudullah and Mushy in form. Hopefully Nasir will be back in form soon to and with Shakib back, obviously the team looks formidable. Although I still believe it was a mistake to leave out Arafat Sunny and Mominul out of the squad. Zia almost cemented his spot I suppose, need such a slogger in your team.

Euro tour will be crucial though, they should get the team combination right by then.

playmaker
June 23, 2012, 12:37 PM
You shouldn't be too worried - the result is with 75-80% team not playing (i.e. Shakib) :D So fair enough, the team looks alright with Mahmudullah and Mushy in form. Hopefully Nasir will be back in form soon to and with Shakib back, obviously the team looks formidable. Although I still believe it was a mistake to leave out Arafat Sunny and Mominul out of the squad. Zia almost cemented his spot I suppose, need such a slogger in your team.

Euro tour will be crucial though, they should get the team combination right by then.

:facepalm::facepalm:

shakib is only 25-30% which for a single player is still a high %age

Tiger444
June 23, 2012, 12:40 PM
Not happy but at the same time not upset. Still have some work to do before we go in to the T20 Worlds. Our middle order again did very well. Add in Shakib along with Nasir, Mushy, and Riyad and we got a very strong middle order. I was also happy to see Ash doing well. We've had a huge problem at the opener's spot and it's relieving to see that we have that spot resolved even though it's just for T20's.

Now about our new guys. I know Zia looked ugly it's his first tour and also in different conditions so it's understandable to see him struggling. He still has some work to do on his batting. His bowling I thought was also decent. Anamul was disappointing but it's his 1st tour and not everyone's like Nasir. That being said, I wouldnt mind if the selectors play him in the A team tour rather then the national team. It should help him develop his game further. I think Abul's got skills but is still very raw. Ideally it would be better if he was also in the A team tour if Shafiul comes back.

I'm excited to see what happens in the Ireland tour.

BD Rox
June 23, 2012, 12:56 PM
Not really. Overall performance 60/40. They should've beaten Zim in the warm up matches, and also in the 1st match. Secondly, poor bowling & fielding performance against the proteas, and throughout the tournament. They should've gone to the freakin final.

Eshen
June 23, 2012, 01:10 PM
Well, it's over. Towards the end, the team have done well. What matters is how they build up their momentum from this point on.

al Furqaan
June 23, 2012, 01:26 PM
OK tour. Nothing to write home about, but no need for an investigation either. We built momentum, and we got better with each match. Can't really complain. Need to beat Ireland 3-0 to keep that momentum going.

fiasnahk
June 23, 2012, 07:51 PM
Everyones saying they are please but the fact remained that we played a Zim XI and a SA C side missing 8 of their frontine players. The only positive to come out of this tournament is that now we know how much we suck and how much we need to improve before the t20 world cup. Seriously... not being able to chase 130 odd was terrible. Other positive was mahmadullah, who ive been backing all this time :)

Zeeshan
June 23, 2012, 07:52 PM
@saifkhan

Why underestimate own side then? Shakib was out. Tamim was injured during a match. So how do you know it wasn't our A side?

Ajfar
June 23, 2012, 08:25 PM
@saifkhan

Why underestimate own side then? Shakib was out. Tamim was injured during a match. So how do you know it wasn't our A side?

+1 also don't forget Rubel was missing as well.

I think it was a 50-50 tournament for us. Top order still needs work, and death over bowling is still a worry.

Rifat
June 23, 2012, 10:37 PM
We should've won the first match against zimb. That match was a total blunder. We would've been in final if we had won that.
Anamul disapointed me. I was expecting to see some foot movement, more rotation of the strike from him. don't know if he lacks those qualities or was it due to pressure of first series as a national team player. He is a fabulous fielder though. He shouldve been included in the U-19 now. I think His inclusion in national team was too soon and needless at this moment. I hope this series didn't damage his confidence.
Zia..A better version of Reza. He has power. Well built. Can be handy after some polishing. Should work on his technique. Pybus has a job in hand.

Final would've made me happy

Well, it's over. Towards the end, the team have done well. What matters is how they build up their momentum from this point on.

OK tour. Nothing to write home about, but no need for an investigation either. We built momentum, and we got better with each match. Can't really complain. Need to beat Ireland 3-0 to keep that momentum going.

exactly my thoughts!

mac
June 24, 2012, 12:34 AM
Not so unhappy, it was tough to adjust to the condition, straight from 40^ to 15^.

Sohel
June 24, 2012, 12:51 AM
Not happy. But somewhat encouraged by our last two performances although we failed to go for the jugular and Bijauy's debut has been utterly forgettable.

Out_You_Go
June 24, 2012, 03:33 AM
Mediocre satisfaction if that makes sense. Win against SA was good and also the successful chase against Zim.

Important thing is Pybus now has a good idea of which player is how. So i expect to see some changes in playing style of our boys and also may be the lineup.

zinatf
June 24, 2012, 03:40 AM
I would rather see Anamul play in the U19 squad than that in the national squad....he's still young let him gather some more experience and then can he come and play here!

As for Pybus, hope he makes some good choices in the lineup for the upcoming Ireland and Netherlands series!

Antora
June 24, 2012, 03:55 AM
Not too happy, not too disappointed either.
If only Bangladesh had won the first match against Zim :(.
Was disappointed with Anamul after all that hype about him but was encouraging to see us win the last two games and Ash and Riyad performing reasonably well :)

Rabz
June 24, 2012, 04:16 AM
Its 45-55.
Happy the way the team bounced back after 2 loses.
Happy the way the team won back to back matches.
Happy the way the team showed that Asia cup wasn't fluke.
Happy the way Ash came back to some sort of consistency and form.
Happy the way Riyad and Mash played.

Somewhat OK with Zia. Should be given a longer run in T20 team.

NOT happy that we lost the first game against Zim.
NOT happy that we couldn't make it to the final.
NOT happy the way we missed an opportunity to grab those bonus points against SA.

Not being able to go the finals sort of nullifies all the other positives from the tours.
In a tri series involving Zimbabwe, we should have made it. No excuses.

Anamul wasted a great opportunity. Hope he bounces back in Euro tour.
Abul needs time.
Zunaed is still an idiot.
Tamim is becoming unreliable, for his physical fitness.
Nasir had a quiet time.
Sunny was alright.
Iffy about Razzak.
Nazmul could have got another game.
This is not Jahurul's format.

Overall, Should have made it to the final.
OK tour.

SS
June 24, 2012, 04:19 AM
We got carried away and had high expectations from Asia cup...we could not hold the momentum what we accomplished (probably because key players were missing or its a new "condition"...so bit happy that we recovered but we need to do it better way like other good teams...our players got to take more responsibilities and need to win matches....though all play to win but still I think they don't fight to be best...which Shakib has and Nasir and Mushfiq showed some times..

Anamul's debut is a mess (did he hang out with Sir Ash just wondering as saw pic with him). Though Ash's batting was good as per his "current" standard...but our top order and middle order still need so much work to win consistently. Hope return of Tamim and Shakib will give some stability but others really need to work hard, take responsibilities and win the matches for us.

I still give lots of credit to Mash, but other pacers really need to work extra hard to fill the gap that "Express Mash" had it before all the surgeries. I still don't understand why Nazmul was not played at any games, is he injured or remained stepson only God knows. I hope return of "improved" Rubel from other end and Nazmul's inclusion will strengthen the bowling. May be as this is unofficial tour to try out Abul but I am worried that BCB Still not working hard enough to find, give opportunities to other emerging pacers and not organizing tournaments like this or A Team tours more frequently. Read that there will be a tournament of A team but I still see some dead horse playing with SL and Ind league teams. I hope they will also give more opportunities to the emerging pacers, not just opportunities but proper guidance and training so that they can become good back up for our leading pacers in case they are in injury ( I am like most of you still so unhappy why we could not develop a pacer like Mashrafee all these years)

Overall we are still "progressing", our cricket management besides some good attempts to arrange these type of tournaments, still sucks about managing the cricket developming and nurturing young emerging players. We just seems to go one step forward and then two steps backward.

Zunaid
June 24, 2012, 04:20 AM
Its 45-55.
Happy the way the team bounced back after 2 loses.
Happy the way the team won back to back matches.
Happy the way the team showed that Asia cup wasn't fluke.
Happy the way Ash came back to some sort of consistency and form.
Happy the way Riyad and Mash played.

Somewhat OK with Zia. Should be given a longer run in T20 team.

NOT happy that we lost the first game against Zim.
NOT happy that we couldn't make it to the final.
NOT happy the way we missed an opportunity to grab those bonus points against SA.

Not being able to go the finals sort of nullifies all the other positives from the tours.
In a tri series involving Zimbabwe, we should have made it. No excuses.

Anamul wasted a great opportunity. Hope he bounces back in Euro tour.
Abul needs time.
Zunaed is still an idiot.
Tamim is becoming unreliable, for his physical fitness.
Nasir had a quiet time.
Sunny was alright.
Iffy about Razzak.
Nazmul could have got another game.
This is not Jahurul's format.

Overall, Should have made it to the final.
OK tour.

You pretty much summed it up for me.

Meh is al I say.

Couple of things to consider.

We were crap in T20s to start off with and so the improved outing each game was good to see.

We were missing Shakib and Rubel and TI on and off.

This was Pybus's first tour and I would like to hope the improved performance each time can partially be attributed to his tweaking.

Rabz
June 24, 2012, 04:48 AM
^^ Yeah, improving each game was the key point.
I'm also hoping that Pybus had a good look at the boys and should have an idea by now.

dash
June 24, 2012, 05:15 AM
It was a practise tournament and boys had good practise

Naimul_Hd
June 24, 2012, 05:38 AM
We could have performed much much better. Highly disappointed with new recruits. Sorry to say, Anamul is not prepared yet to play at international level. And the less we talk about Zia, the better.

I am angry at BD team management for not allowing Nazmul a single game. Abul did not impress me much to be honest. Mashrafe had a poor tournament, same thing goes to Razzaq.

Only Mushy, Riyad and Nasir had a decent tournament and how can i forget Ash :)

AsifTheManRahman
June 24, 2012, 09:33 AM
Disappointed, but then I was disappointed even before the tour started - let's not pretend we didn't see this coming. Our guys are slow learners and not professional enough to get going after breaks from international cricket. Quality is quality and a break shouldn't mean that you start losing to every Tom, Dick and Abul, at home or away, but as I said, the professionalism isn't there yet.

As such, at least my expectations were pretty low going into the tournament. We suck at cricket in general, but more so in T20's than ODI's. We had ignored this tournament for too long before the advent of the BPL and of course to our own disadvantage. There definitely seems to be the realization, though, that this has to change and the BCB has done the right thing by getting us into the series so that we get some match practice ahead of the World Cup.

So I had expected our sissies to perform like sissies, but what's really important to note is that these games give us a chance to experience some T20's (we don't play enough of them), try some players out, learn the game and identify areas of improvement. Again, let's not kid ourselves, Zimbabwe have beaten us more times than we have beaten them in all three formats in the last little while and they seem to be improving at a faster rate than we are. If we don't pull our socks up, we'll have to start playing catch up.

As for team combination, I think everyone has underperformed. Ashraful may be persisted with as an opener in T20s and T20s only - he shouldn't be promoted to the ODI/Test sides. But if he's going to stick around, he has a lot of work to do, including eliminating the brain fart aspect of his game. Play for the team, not for yourself. I don't know what to say about Tamim Iqbal, but it's probably a good thing he didn't get a chance to embarrass himself in the IPL. Mushfiq looked good and needs to be more consistent. He has definitely upped his power-hitting and is one of our best in all three formats. Mahmudullah can be a good T20 asset, but again, has a lot more work to do. Zia is a very limited cricketer and unless he changes his game drastically, I don't see a bright future for him. He seems to be a hit and miss kind of player, but worse than Aftab, which is alarming. He doesn't seem to know what singles and doubles are either. Feza should play domestic cricket only. Nazmul should be given more games, but we already knew that. And what's so great about Anamul? Poor DPL scores, poor national team scores. I realize he's new to the team, but at least make a double figure score. When you're in the national team, you perform. You don't fool around trying to learn the basics of your trade - that's what the nets and domestic cricket are for.

It will take a lot of work for these sissies to get to a point where we can make it to the second round of the World Cup. The addition of Shakib will help, but he's just one man among a bunch of losers. But again, we knew what was going to happen given the circumstances even going into the tournament, so no real point whining about it. The only thing that I've gotten out of this post, for example, is a bunch of dead brain cells. All we can do is hope that they use these games to get some experience in this format and shape up for the main event in Sri Lanka.

simon
June 24, 2012, 10:40 AM
SA played 5 games and won 2
Zim played 5 won 3
BD played 4 won 2

So Zim best team & BD 2nd best team, SA laddu
So that's good.

About the new recruits only Zia was good, Anamul,Abul got a lot to learn,or probably this is not their format.
Whatever it is ,they r very young,just need to go back to domestic & improve their game.

It's nothing new that Nazmul doesn't get picked but looking at the pictures before Zim tour I thought he is very much in the top 11.

playmaker
June 24, 2012, 11:03 AM
agree that dropping nazmul for abul was a poor decision. Nazmul deserves to play in the team above any other pacer, even mashrafee, because he has performed everytime he has been given the ball in intl cricket. He was very good in the matches he played in asia cup, showing that it was stupid to make some1 like shahadat and shafiul who has looked ordinary in recent times, play ahead of him.

But the team management still will not learn the value of nazmul and continue to make him warm the bench. Well ofcourse, he is stepsons. And this drama with him is continuous. He plays the last few matches - performs - people speak highly of him - people regret not playing him - dropped

Thats why I sometimes dont understand the BDeshi thinktank

KaaL-PurusH
June 24, 2012, 11:44 AM
agree that dropping nazmul for abul was a poor decision. Nazmul deserves to play in the team above any other pacer, even mashrafee, because he has performed everytime he has been given the ball in intl cricket. He was very good in the matches he played in asia cup, showing that it was stupid to make some1 like shahadat and shafiul who has looked ordinary in recent times, play ahead of him.

But the team management still will not learn the value of nazmul and continue to make him warm the bench. Well ofcourse, he is stepsons. And this drama with him is continuous. He plays the last few matches - performs - people speak highly of him - people regret not playing him - dropped

Thats why I sometimes dont understand the BDeshi thinktank

It is more disappointing when they can see Praveen kumar playing for india and doing well but our selectors cant dare to play Nazmul..

playmaker
June 24, 2012, 11:51 AM
It is more disappointing when they can see Praveen kumar playing for india and doing well but our selectors cant dare to play Nazmul..

praveen kumar does well on rare occasions. Nazmul has always been under the radar only not to be played.

He is kept in the team as a backup player, almost always :waiting:

Ki dosh-i ba korlo e cheleta? Mone korsilam nazmul ei seriese jothesto match khelte ar amra kake khelaisi? Abul- ei abul emon ki korse je oke nazmuler age khelano hoise? Ar reza kon dukhkhe teame chilo? Shesher ekta over ball kore are battinge dim marta ustad :facepalm::facepalm:

PoorFan
June 24, 2012, 12:00 PM
Bowling at 120km odd, not being a robot [like control] has no hope, there ends the Nazmul story.

playmaker
June 24, 2012, 12:04 PM
Bowling at 120km odd, not being a robot [like control] has no hope, there ends the Nazmul story.

which doesnt explain why some1 like abul who doesnt boast any good records at most levels get a chance ahead of nazmul? And if think-tank think nazmul doesnt deserve a chance then why do they make the poor guy keep him in the squad? For carrying drinks?

Navo
June 24, 2012, 12:09 PM

I think Nazmul can be very useful on certain wickets. His line and length may not be perfect but it's far better than practically all of our seamers. I would have thought that they would have tried him at least once given his success in the Asia Cup.

KaaL-PurusH
June 24, 2012, 12:09 PM
praveen kumar does well on rare occasions. Nazmul has always been under the radar only not to be played.

He is kept in the team as a backup player, almost always :waiting:

Ki dosh-i ba korlo e cheleta? Mone korsilam nazmul ei seriese jothesto match khelte ar amra kake khelaisi? Abul- ei abul emon ki korse je oke nazmuler age khelano hoise? Ar reza kon dukhkhe teame chilo? Shesher ekta over ball kore are battinge dim marta ustad :facepalm::facepalm:

Praveen's role is to keep runs in check in power play which he does often but concede most runs in death overs...so tigers can use Nazmul in a similar way...he would be very good consistent 2nd or third bowler specially in seaming and slow pitches..then we would have 3 bowlers to keep runs in check and 2 to take wickets..

Jadukor
June 24, 2012, 12:32 PM
Nazmul doesn't have pace and we all know that. What we also know is that he takes wickets and breaks parnerships with the new ball. Not all pacers need to blast or bounce the batsman out otherwise we wouldnt have seen vaas, pollock, flemming etc making an international career out of pace bowling.Naz has a lot of variations and his slower delivery is very well disguised and he has better control over line and length than any of our reserves. This guy is as unlucky as stuart mcgill in terms of not getting enough chances

Ian Pont
June 24, 2012, 01:31 PM
Let me put this to bed once and for all..NAZMUL IS THE BEST SEAM BOWLER BD HAS.

It is utter madness to continually mistreat this guy the way he has had to put with, in his career. I said before that I would never blame him if he retired and stuck two fingers up. But he is not like that and is a 100% professional.

As for how BD performed, there were no surprises without SAL available. The SA 3rd team have some issues and ZIM are improving faster than BD at this time.

I have no idea who is making these team selections. I just hope RP can take over and start to bring some sanity to proceedings

Kohli_Sox
June 24, 2012, 02:31 PM

It is utter madness to continually mistreat this guy the way he has had to put with, in his career. I said before that I would never blame him if he retired and stuck two fingers up. But he is not like that and is a 100% professional.

As for how BD performed, there were no surprises without SAL available. The SA 3rd team have some issues and ZIM are improving faster than BD at this time.

I have no idea who is making these team selections. I just hope RP can take over and start to bring some sanity to proceedings

Not quite sure if RP already identified Nazmul as very talented of the lot but Shane Jurgensen should definitely tell RP to look closely at Nazmul and understand the abilities of this boy. At this rate, we all know how likes of Stuart Macgill (mostly because another ATG was there so can't blame Aussie selects), Dirk Nannes, Andre Nel, Aaqib Javed ( :notworthy:well WW were there)- all these guys were overlooked despite being possessed with great natural abilities. We don't want the same things happening with Nazmul because he might get frustrated which he won't I'm sure as you mentioned he's a professional. I remember when Nazmul first debuted against South Africa and he nearly well almost bowled Kallis with a beautiful inswinger that nipped back and missed whisker passed off stumps. From that day on, I've been fan of Nazmul and not quite sure why he's been overlooked all the time.

TigerEz
June 24, 2012, 03:24 PM
Our national coaches needs to replace this faltu selectors....dont know whos selecting the teams but im blaming the selectors for now! Have everyone forgot what nazmul has done in the ASIA CUP?.....Pybus needs to look at some highlights of the asia cup!

Shaun petr
June 24, 2012, 03:27 PM

coach you also didn't give him chance that much to play for Dhaka gladiator! Sorry to say.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Shaun petr
June 24, 2012, 03:41 PM
chill everyone! We won two matches. There was chance to test some new players. On that case We got some players like zia or hard hitting from mahmudullah. Ash was Wonderful. In the 2nd warm up match najmul leaked 45 or more runs. May be it was the main reason. And players like mash is usually very high voltage player so noone will try to keep him out of the team. Shakib did once and he paid a lot for this. It's t20 and not official so testing new players was a very big issue. Also Law recommended Raju.

Ian Pont
June 24, 2012, 04:46 PM
coach you also didn't give him chance that much to play for Dhaka gladiator! Sorry to say.

Bhai, two things you need to know:

1. We were the only franchise to bid for him and he was my first choice local signing

2. We had only 6 locals/5 foreigners in each match: the fast bowlers were Mash, Pollard, Azhar and Rana Naved. Unlikely to have a FIFTH fast bowler in DHAKA! The spinners were MH Rubel and Elias Sunny, Shahid Afridi and Saeed Ajmal for the last two matches.

He played twice, and everyone in my squad appeared for DG.

The Dhaka Gladiators is NOT the national team. It is a local franchise made up of internationals. There are just 6 local spots available.

However, in the national team Nazmul would be in all my forms of the set up: Test, ODI and T20.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
June 24, 2012, 07:24 PM
No, every department bowling and fielding & batting. Specially fielding was horrible. I really appreciate ashraful's role. I don't know whats wrong with Anamul and Elias sunny and Abul hasan.....I dont wanna see them in team.

Shaun petr
June 24, 2012, 11:04 PM
No, every department bowling and fielding & batting. Specially fielding was horrible. I really appreciate ashraful's role. I don't know whats wrong with Anamul and Elias sunny and Abul hasan.....I dont wanna see them in team.

oh ho ho! Breath brother! Sunny was the best performer. I think you didn't follow the matches. In case of abul and anam. To be honest i also hated them

BengaliPagol
June 25, 2012, 04:43 AM
Bhai, two things you need to know:

1. We were the only franchise to bid for him and he was my first choice local signing

2. We had only 6 locals/5 foreigners in each match: the fast bowlers were Mash, Pollard, Azhar and Rana Naved. Unlikely to have a FIFTH fast bowler in DHAKA! The spinners were MH Rubel and Elias Sunny, Shahid Afridi and Saeed Ajmal for the last two matches.

He played twice, and everyone in my squad appeared for DG.

The Dhaka Gladiators is NOT the national team. It is a local franchise made up of internationals. There are just 6 local spots available.

However, in the national team Nazmul would be in all my forms of the set up: Test, ODI and T20.

Well said Coach. I also questioned why Nazmul wasnt picked for Dhaka Gladiators but since there are international stars in the lineup you cant fit the whole Bangladeshi team into the lineup.

Frankly i didnt care about the outcome of this series. Bangladesh didnt do horrible and it could be seen that Bangladesh arent as comfortable with T20s as they are with ODIs. I was happy that Shakib want in this tour because it allowed the spotlight to go onto Mahmudullah. Mahmudullah did well enough to say that he deserves his shot with the national team.

Ashraful is certainly suited for T20s. He saved our butts in the last game and we should all be thankful to him and ease the hating on him. He should be in the Bangladesh team for the T20 format ONLY. I think when Shakib is in the team the team morale is boosted and everyone plays more like a unit. To me the team in this series didnt play like unit. It was all over the shop.

I guess its a new coach and that means its back to the drawing board. Top order seems to be a worry (as usual). Many things to work on and thats what i wanted to see from this tour. It can be seen that the middle order batsmen (Mushfiqur, Nasir, Mahmudullah) are the strength of the team and the top order batsmen (Junaid and Anamul) arent upto the T20 standard. I need to watch Jahurul play more T20 games to make a judgement on him. Nazmul Hossain shouldve defintely had a go in this series. Im dissapointed that he wasnt given a go.

So lastly ive come to decide that this should be the team for the T20 World Cup
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Mohammad Ashraful
3. Mushfiqur Rahim
4. Shakib Al Hasan
5. Nasir Hossain
6. Mahmudullah
7. Ziaur Rahman (someone else perhaps but not sure who should replace him. Any suggestions?)
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Elias Sunny
11. Nazmul Hossain (cant include Rubel because he is injured)

We know how the top order is fragile. Mushfiq is proven to score runs so why not send him up the order to fix the top order problem? I would consider this team for T20s only and i think this is the team most effective for this format. I have no faith in players such as Junaid to score runs for us. Mushfiq has been in the solid performer and will be a boost for the team if he is sent up the order.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
June 25, 2012, 06:38 AM
oh ho ho! Breath brother! Sunny was the best performer. I think you didn't follow the matches. In case of abul and anam. To be honest i also hated them

yeah I followed every match, Sunny has the style without variation. I think those countries who play spin very well will find him more easy. Anyways that's my opinion. And if Shakib is in its not good idea to go with sunny ,leaving razzak.

whatever , its my opinion

TimAus
June 25, 2012, 07:38 AM
Some things I learnt from this tournament:
- Zimbabwe are not to be underestimated. They have some serious match winners in this format with bat and ball.
- South Africa's depth are not as good as previously thought. They still rely a lot on ABD, Kallis, Steyn and Morkel.
- Bangladesh need to play their own game. They don't have the power hitters to get sixes like other teams but can still score at 10 an over playing smart and skillful.
- Mahmudullah and Nasir will win plenty of games with the bat chasing.
- Bangladesh don't necessarily need Shakib to beat test sides.
- Graham Cremer is a gun.
- If you don't get Levi early you'll pay a big price.
- You don't need to get Ash out, he'll do that himself.*

*(actually I already knew that)

Saifulsohel
June 25, 2012, 07:41 AM
yeah I followed every match, Sunny has the style without variation. I think those countries who play spin very well will find him more easy. Anyways that's my opinion. And if Shakib is in its not good idea to go with sunny ,leaving razzak.

whatever , its my opinion

sunny has greater accuracy & flight than razzak

Isnaad
June 25, 2012, 09:12 AM
- You don't need to get Ash out, he'll do that himself.*

*(actually I already knew that)

I literally LOL-ed at this.