PDA

View Full Version : Intriguing Thoughts

zsayeed
June 24, 2012, 12:34 PM
I would like to create a respository of thoughts - need not be logical, in fact as far from logic as possible, need not be scientific, but some deep sense of one-ness that you may have felt by seemingly mundane events - in the great search for the Truth. Thoughts that may have humbled you in a moment of perfect clarity, and that humbleness itself has taken you away from that clarity, because at that point of infusion - humility has no place - because it creates the essence of dualism.

Will you share? In a Jungian manner will you let us into the Universe of "The Collective Unconscious"? And that one word of Namaste which binds us?

Namaste: "I Honor that part within you that Makes us All One."

Can we go beyond the lines that separate and delve into the ineffable that makes us lose our selves?

Beyond words? Yes, words that are beyond words - a glimpse of realization of the Paradox that you can only touch, become but never can bring back?

Shall we delve into this realm of forbidden - and yet be granted Eternal Life - piecemeal - not in whole, until the annihilation of our being makes it complete and to the point of no return?

Shall we begin our journey like the 40 birds who wanted to seek the ineffable Simorgh?

Why not live a little - so we may die only one death - and not die every day?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is mine:

Driving on Route 33 in NJ, saw a black SUV with tinted windows. Shiny all over as can be. Picture perfect sky above - with flecks of white plumes set against the backdrop of a beautiful blue sky. The SUV traveled on my right, reflecting but molding the sky around it - for a moment I sought the clouds and the sky in that reflection.

Then the realization: It is a reflection, a brilliant reflection, but that reflection contains none of the sky! The real deal is not on that SUV - but the real deal's essence is visible in that reflection.

I am but a reflection, of Greatness - the words come to mind in a flash - "Created in His Image" - but I am not the possessor of that Image. But observe me and you shall peak into greatness. Observe you and I shall peak into greatness.

Aah, Isha Upanishad - It moves but it moves Not!

I am humbled by the realization - ego takes over - the feeling is gone.

I tasted greatness! Zaukh!

It moves but it moves Not.
Between the words of La and Illah we live and die, constantly.
I yearn for the reunion, but I am saddened perhaps the Real Deal and the Reflection is always separated by that little piece of glass that is between the Mercury and Me. Perhaps to leave me out of that poison,

"It is only Fitting that We communicate with you through a Veil."

zsayeed
June 24, 2012, 12:41 PM
Nine years ago I had a dream - Lucid.
There was I - and there before me was a frozen white veil and someone spoke from beyond it. I touched the veil...it shattered into a million pieces.

I awoke.

I am bordering on the Forbidden - Ineffable. One needs Courage.

Zeeshan
June 24, 2012, 08:11 PM
Everytime i 'smash' in the morn I see the Buddha-nature in everyone, even the ones i dont like....like BANFAN LOL j/k

BANFAN
June 24, 2012, 08:21 PM
Everytime i 'smash' in the morn I see the Buddha-nature in everyone, even the ones i dont like....like BANFAN LOL j/k

Intriguing thoughts...:-|

Zeeshan
June 24, 2012, 08:26 PM
When i am driving down the freeway i feel like all the cars are like ants and we are an alien experiement...

Emad03
June 24, 2012, 10:05 PM
'The world is a stage for drama'

Sohel
June 24, 2012, 10:12 PM
Description of a moment while listening to Philip Glass the other morning.

From the rooftop inside my lungs looking down, I see tiny Chinese characters moving faster than the eye can see, and looking somewhat still in the process. Like a pattern of swarming insects vibrating on its own axis, then fading at regular intervals under columns of glistening liquid rising in pirouettes. Choppy, like motion capture video of a wild flower blooming, or the surprising presence of a once forgotten fragrance at the tip of my early morning tongue, the smoky taste of slightly charred eggplant and banana blossom from a horizon I haven’t seen in years. It happens again and again with illegible variations you feel must build up to something big, a splash of cinnamon sweet peach perpetually promising to divide and expose all those tangy autumn oranges, hiding somewhere inside my head.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FL2cmTNopRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Zunaid
June 24, 2012, 10:29 PM
[Off topic: I knew you would be a Phillip Glass fan]

Sohel
June 24, 2012, 10:43 PM
A train ride out of town.

Air passes through the trapped and lazy time inside this carriage/Our dented egos move along yesterday’s tracks and around the occasional bend/Vibrating to the loose metal percussion below like an old appliance not quite done with itself/Held together by the collective will of something we keep losing track of/Shelved inside ourselves to become a piece of family heirloom to be dusted twice a year.

The view jogs in reverse like a clip played backwards/Framed by the typically rustic paintjob complete with careless finishing/Smudged over the markers that weren’t, shouldn’t be there/Shades of green blend into one another as though painted by strangely arranged numbers/Maybe I should face the other way, and look for the horizon beyond the noisy sunlight.

Blankets of yellow and splashes of orange with rare magenta red in unexpected places/Punctuate the ever evolving greenery like jazz piano commenting on all that blue smoke/Makeshift tea stalls made permanent by lean and gentle bodies that belong where they’ve always been/The soul oscillates between the incessant tweak of subtle restlessness/And those sweet fragrances my ancestors named lovingly, and recalled without much thought or effort.

Sohel
June 24, 2012, 10:47 PM
[Off topic: I knew you would be a Phillip Glass fan]

Of course you would bro. Here's a something from my novel in progress:

A wise old cat once told me that whenever we feel a strong connection to total strangers, as though we’ve known them from a dimension of space-time we can’t quite put our finger on, sort of like a “déjà vu” of unexpected but familiar feelings, we are hacking into some sort of eternal memory bank of shared experiences and existence outside the “top layer” our “normal” consciousness.

The indestructible parts of our selves, the subatomic particles that initially manufacture the cells based on DNA programming or whatever, contain the mystery as well as the key to this incidental hacking.

Sohel
June 24, 2012, 10:49 PM
Listening to Avishai Cohen's Remembering.

Swirling ribbons of blue-green time twisting like a twister in slow motion/dazzling my “me” as I stand in the middle of it all/locked in a strange waltz out of sync/watching smoky blues turn into glowing green worms that exhale ancient whispers/breaking the airless silence of my occasionally crowded tomb/reminding me of clusters of joy in joyless moments of being alone and broken/or the promise of solitude as I take a sip lost in the slurp of a thousand others.

Then suddenly I remembered the fog/just before a single ray of uninvited sunshine cracks through this dry black paint/burnt and chipped and crumbling like brittle autumn leaves, crackling under my careless footsteps.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E4kc0Aby2vA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sohel
June 24, 2012, 11:29 PM
Intriguing thread BTW and thank you for opening it.

i_1_primeval_man
June 26, 2012, 12:17 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is mine:

Driving on Route 33 in NJ, saw a black SUV with tinted windows. Shiny all over as can be. Picture perfect sky above - with flecks of white plumes set against the backdrop of a beautiful blue sky. The SUV traveled on my right, reflecting but molding the sky around it - for a moment I sought the clouds and the sky in that reflection.

Then the realization: It is a reflection, a brilliant reflection, but that reflection contains none of the sky! The real deal is not on that SUV - but the real deal's essence is visible in that reflection.

I am but a reflection, of Greatness - the words come to mind in a flash - "Created in His Image" - but I am not the possessor of that Image. But observe me and you shall peak into greatness. Observe you and I shall peak into greatness.

Aah, Isha Upanishad - It moves but it moves Not!

I am humbled by the realization - ego takes over - the feeling is gone.

I tasted greatness! Zaukh!

It moves but it moves Not.
Between the words of La and Illah we live and die, constantly.
I yearn for the reunion, but I am saddened perhaps the Real Deal and the Reflection is always separated by that little piece of glass that is between the Mercury and Me. Perhaps to leave me out of that poison,

"It is only Fitting that We communicate with you through a Veil."

Amazing, beautifully expressed and very intriguing indeed. I sincerely thank you for this.

Leafs PWN
June 26, 2012, 09:32 AM
I often sit and think about the differences us humans create amongst ourselves, and on most occasions, find myself puzzled - wondering how so many people buy into concepts which seem so clearly incorrect, and illogical to me.

How can one possibly think the colour of our skin differentiates us? It does not add any abilities, nor cause any deficiences. It's just something we perceive with our eyes. How can a couple of corrupted minds convince millions of people against this logic?

Another one, and this is a little touchy for some people, if a man can love a woman, why can he not love another man? We are all humans afterall. If a person has the right to love a woman, who we all believe is equal to a man, why can't they love a man?

Does it not conflict with the fundamental right of freedom for humans? People often say that they are against it because of their religious beliefs, which is perfectly fine.

But if you have the right to believe in one extreme (no to homosexuality), then why shouldn't someone have the right to the other extreme?

I myself, fail to see why people are so hell bent on proving others wrong, when their own beliefs have no factual evidence. I am a heterosexual, but I find myself supporting people who want equal rights for homosexuals.

These are just some ways we [humans] let small differences create large issues in our society.

Zunaid
June 26, 2012, 09:48 AM
Leaf PWN - good post. You're a good man.

Navo
June 26, 2012, 10:18 AM
Another one, and this is a little touchy for some people, if a man can love a woman, why can he not love another man? We are all humans afterall. If a person has the right to love a woman, who we all believe is equal to a man, why can't they love a man?

Does it not conflict with the fundamental right of freedom for humans? People often say that they are against it because of their religious beliefs, which is perfectly fine.

But if you have the right to believe in one extreme (no to homosexuality), then why shouldn't someone have the right to the other extreme?

I myself, fail to see why people are so hell bent on proving others wrong, when their own beliefs have no factual evidence. I am a heterosexual, but I find myself supporting people who want equal rights for homosexuals.

These are just some ways we [humans] let small differences create large issues in our society.

Nice post Leafs PWN. Have you seen this relatively recent documentary: "Amra Ki Etoi Bhinno...Are we so different?"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x-TUnilAE9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A very poignant documentary.

BANFAN
June 26, 2012, 06:59 PM
I often sit and think about the differences us humans create amongst ourselves, and on most occasions, find myself puzzled - wondering how so many people buy into concepts which seem so clearly incorrect, and illogical to me.

Men and women are equal but only little different, that makes them compatible to marriage. We can learn a lesson from the nature, even the extremely free (Not Bounded By any law) doesn't by mistakes indulge into love/sex with the same sex...

How can one possibly think the colour of our skin differentiates us? It does not add any abilities, nor cause any deficiences. It's just something we perceive with our eyes. How can a couple of corrupted minds convince millions of people against this logic?

@ I see the future of mankind: I love my dog more than anyone in this world...I must make a case to marry her/him...I feel extremely devoid of my rights to marry.. Why do I have to marry a filthy & treacherous human being? if reproduction isn't one lof the purpose of marriage?? Me and sheri are more than capable of raising our adopted child !!! .... Paul in the year 2100 ...

Naimul_Hd
June 26, 2012, 07:48 PM
@ I see the future of mankind: I love my dog more than anyone in this world...I must make a case to marry her/him...I feel extremely devoid of my rights to marry.. Why do I have to marry a filthy & treacherous human being? if reproduction isn't one lof the purpose of marriage?? Me and sheri are more than capable of raising our adopted child !!! .... Paul in the year 2100 ...

Bhaijan..eita ki bollen ???? Awla bhai er moto amar matha o to dekhi awlai gese !!
:o:-/:eek::timeout::wow:

BANFAN
June 26, 2012, 08:05 PM
Bhaijan..eita ki bollen ???? Awla bhai er moto amar matha o to dekhi awlai gese !!
:o:-/:eek::timeout::wow:

Where is the limit? What People thought to be the limit a century ago (Not even that far though) is now a violation of right .. If that established today Isn't it expected that the trend will take somewhere there in another?? You tell me why would it not?? Tell me the limit?? And why why would you limit until it violates others right/freedom?? Why you can't take it, because it's beyond your expectation right?? Same goes for the people who oppose same sex marriage... Ethical boundaries cannot be extended just like that.....while it's just illogical and socially divisive etcetc. Same sex marriage even doesn't serve the mainly purpose of marriage... As much you try to create family by importing children from Africa. If you can have the right to be the best human being do you have the right to be the worst (other extreme) as well? If I go to the extreme of living as long as possible .. Do another has the right to go the other extreme of dying as soon as possible?? So using this to support something like homosexuality, same sex marriages etc isn't quiet logical to be honest. And I also don't think these are small issues...it definitely is a major issue because it impacts the entire social fabric ...

Leafs PWN
June 27, 2012, 10:13 AM
Nice post Leafs PWN. Have you seen this relatively recent documentary: "Amra Ki Etoi Bhinno...Are we so different?"

A very poignant documentary.

It's funny - my mom had asked me to watch this a while ago, but I put it aside for some reason.

Thanks for putting it here. I think it captures the emotions of both the audience, and characters very well. There is some very powerful messages in there by the man wearing the white Panjabi.

Men and women are equal but only little different, that makes them compatible to marriage. We can learn a lesson from the nature, even the extremely free (Not Bounded By any law) doesn't by mistakes indulge into love/sex with the same sex...

First off, you're wrong. There is homosexuality in other animals - not just humans.

There have been reported cases in Monkeys, Chimpanzees, and several others. That's because sexual attraction isn't something animals can control. It depends on the make up of your brain, your upbringing, and experiences you have in life. It's not something you can just chose to do - it's not like choosing to drink alchohol/doing drugs.

Secondly, there already is a limit. The limit is governed by the concept of consent, and age. If you want to engange in a relantionship with another person, the person must be of enough maturity to consider the situation rationally, and the person must also be willing to engage. It's a legal limit.

Can an animal, like a dog, think at the same level as an adult human? Can a dog give you it's consent on whether it wants to engage in a relationsip with you?

The answer for both is a clear cut no. So, the situations you describe don't really relate here, and provides a very weak counter argument, if any.

Purbasha T
June 27, 2012, 04:54 PM
There is a trend of coming out public with one's sexual orientation, like almost making an announcement ''I'm gay'', ''I'm bi'' etc. What the hell! You go and do whatever you do in your bedroom, it is none of my business.. just like none of my bedroom acts is any of yours!! You be your way, I be mine and let's not interfere. It's the sexualisation of today's outer world which is causing all the problems that we have today. Coz that's when the diversity is spotted and all the reactions/responses come into view.

Navo
June 28, 2012, 01:24 AM
I'm at that point in my life where I am between full-time education and full-time employment and during this period of limbo, I have been getting an inordinate amount of sleep. Nowadays, my sleeping schedule is completely out of whack, with one day melding into another with little regard to sunrises and sunsets, weekdays or weekends.

I have also been dreaming regularly - something that I have not done in many years. My dreams are neither inexplicable or fantastical but instead prosaic and dull. I dream of mundane matters, of little or no consequence: I see scenes where I am meeting old friends and sense the awkwardness contingent to it, with its familiarity, uneasiness and feelings of inadequacy about an unfulfilled youth; close-up shots of my mouth in pain, only to awaken to remember the niggling pain of my wisdom teeth; family portraits where a son and his parents watch TV which depict both contentment and a void at the center of every individual framed. And it goes on and on.

I don't try to find meanings in these dreams just as I don't try to find meaning in my palms or in the residue at the bottom of my teacup. After waking from my 12 hour sleeping marathons I drowsily think about whether there is any difference in substance between my ephemeral self, greeting friends in London or eating at home in Dhaka, and my corporeal self, sleeping soundly in my single room in a student dormitory in Birmingham. If a human is defined by their action, then does my very in-action mean that I am void of definition? What difference is there between my inactive, unobtrusive sleeping self and my (relatively active) unobtrusive dreams?

On one of those days, when I was feeling sluggish and lethargic, reluctant to even leave my room, I thought about the Voyager II as it leaves this solar system and wondered whether at that distance, billions of miles away, there was any difference between the inhabitants of this pin-prick Earth and the dreams they see. Our substance, our corporeality - the fact that we are here on this planet - are relative to our permanence (and the permanence of our actions) but under any considerable measure of time, our permanence dwindles to nothing and our substance takes on the quality of dreams. After death, are we different than any of our dreams?

"With relief, with humiliation, with terror, he understood that he too was a mere appearance, dreamt by another." (Borges, Circular Ruins)

Sorry for my early morning solipsistic driveling

Leafs PWN
June 28, 2012, 12:50 PM
I was watching Wimbledon on TV, and the following thought popped into my head - Why do they still use a green ball to play on a grass court?

Should it not be hard to follow the ball at certain times? It's seems like a really good camouflage. They should use a different colour.

Purbasha T
June 28, 2012, 05:47 PM
It's yellow, isn't it?

Leafs PWN
June 29, 2012, 08:50 AM
http://s1.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20120625&t=2&i=622797139&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=CDEE85O0S0H00

Looks green to me. But, the colours are not as close as it looks on TV actually.

Sohel
July 1, 2012, 12:58 AM
I'm at that point in my life where I am between full-time education and full-time employment and during this period of limbo, I have been getting an inordinate amount of sleep. Nowadays, my sleeping schedule is completely out of whack, with one day melding into another with little regard to sunrises and sunsets, weekdays or weekends.

I have also been dreaming regularly - something that I have not done in many years. My dreams are neither inexplicable or fantastical but instead prosaic and dull. I dream of mundane matters, of little or no consequence: I see scenes where I am meeting old friends and sense the awkwardness contingent to it, with its familiarity, uneasiness and feelings of inadequacy about an unfulfilled youth; close-up shots of my mouth in pain, only to awaken to remember the niggling pain of my wisdom teeth; family portraits where a son and his parents watch TV which depict both contentment and a void at the center of every individual framed. And it goes on and on.

I don't try to find meanings in these dreams just as I don't try to find meaning in my palms or in the residue at the bottom of my teacup. After waking from my 12 hour sleeping marathons I drowsily think about whether there is any difference in substance between my ephemeral self, greeting friends in London or eating at home in Dhaka, and my corporeal self, sleeping soundly in my single room in a student dormitory in Birmingham. If a human is defined by their action, then does my very in-action mean that I am void of definition? What difference is there between my inactive, unobtrusive sleeping self and my (relatively active) unobtrusive dreams?

On one of those days, when I was feeling sluggish and lethargic, reluctant to even leave my room, I thought about the Voyager II as it leaves this solar system and wondered whether at that distance, billions of miles away, there was any difference between the inhabitants of this pin-prick Earth and the dreams they see. Our substance, our corporeality - the fact that we are here on this planet - are relative to our permanence (and the permanence of our actions) but under any considerable measure of time, our permanence dwindles to nothing and our substance takes on the quality of dreams. After death, are we different than any of our dreams?

"With relief, with humiliation, with terror, he understood that he too was a mere appearance, dreamt by another." (Borges, Circular Ruins)

Sorry for my early morning solipsistic driveling

Absolutely wonderful read Navo. I read this several times just for the sheer pleasure of it. Murakamiesque subtle "postmodern" flow, observing the world from that intimate space between reality and daydreams as uncertain feelings, though never disconcerting enough to be discomforting, linger and niggle to keep you glued to that vantage point.

Don't stop writing bro. I see immense potential in you and am proud be be your kind. :big_hug: