PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most disliked BD player?

Raynman
June 25, 2012, 10:52 AM
No player goes out there with the intention of failing. Granted, some matches they may opt to pad their stats at the expense of the team needs. A lot of factors are involved in selection (form, performance, politics, connections, history, statistics etc.) but at the end, once selected for the national team, as fans theoretically we should be supportive of them hoping they can put in the performance that brings about the win for our country.

However, it is clearly obvious from this site alone, there are certain players that are lightning rods and there are fans who will root against them even at the expense of the team simply because they don’t like the person or were disappointed that their player of choice was left out due to this player.

Some obvious examples are Shahriar Nafees, Md. Ashraful and Alok Kapali.

So the question is, which is the player that you dislike the most and sometimes can’t help root against them?

Maybe we can put up a poll based on some of the responses

zsayeed
June 25, 2012, 10:58 AM
Dukkhojonok, everyone hates Ashraful.
However, they do not realize - idolatry, then sky kissing expectations, meddling with batting order turned that bright young centurion into a mental debacle.

Eta kaar dosh? Ash-er na.

Raynman
June 25, 2012, 11:09 AM
I for one have been a vocal critic of Ashraful's 'automatic selction' in the past despite his run of poor form.

However, I feel that he can reinvent himself as a permanent fixture in the T20 as a starting point and will welcome him gladly into the ODI and Test fold should he turn out to the right choice.

Ashraful, unfortunately, did not have the option that Afridi had in declaring himself a bowler first and not a batsman. Ashraful's biggest mistake may have been hitting a century in his debut that brought unfounded expectations on him. He should have been left alone to develop his own style through trial and error rather than being forced into being a Tendulkar which he obviously was/is not.

Zunaid
June 25, 2012, 11:10 AM
A real fan will never 'root against' a player of one's own team. If someone does, they should be strung up by their balls and eviscerated.

Isnaad
June 25, 2012, 11:13 AM
At present, Shahadat Hossain.

frd
June 25, 2012, 11:24 AM
to me all the ICL'rs .jodio onek purano bepar ter por o keno jeno mone korle kosto hoy

Tiger444
June 25, 2012, 11:34 AM
I for one have been a vocal critic of Ashraful's 'automatic selction' in the past despite his run of poor form.

However, I feel that he can reinvent himself as a permanent fixture in the T20 as a starting point and will welcome him gladly into the ODI and Test fold should he turn out to the right choice.

Ashraful, unfortunately, did not have the option that Afridi had in declaring himself a bowler first and not a batsman. Ashraful's biggest mistake may have been hitting a century in his debut that brought unfounded expectations on him. He should have been left alone to develop his own style through trial and error rather than being forced into being a Tendulkar which he obviously was/is not.

I was thinking maybe he should try to go the Afridi rout but now thinking about it, I believe he should try becoming like Dilshan. Of course it's easier said then done but the guy was also a bust but really reinvented himself and now is 1 of the more feared batsman in international cricket. He was a late bloomer and believe that Ash can become like Dilshan but would have to really work hard. That being said, he should just be in the T20 loop for now and wait for him to play ODI's and Tests.

Raynman
June 25, 2012, 11:47 AM
A real fan will never 'root against' a player of one's own team. If someone does, they should be strung up by their balls and eviscerated.

Agreed and the thread replies will help u identify them for that purpose. Happy hunting :)

Zunaid
June 25, 2012, 11:51 AM
Agreed and the thread replies will help u identify them for that purpose. Happy hunting :)

You're a good man. I have started my list.

TigerEz
June 25, 2012, 12:18 PM
No one's hated or disliked, but people are MAD at some players...ex: Ash, Rajib and Rock....U go around Bangladesh, u'll still find many Ash lovers, who still believes that Ash and also believes he can become the next Tendulkar. I know cuz im one :D

simon
June 25, 2012, 12:24 PM
Shahadat and Rajib :-|
moderately Shujon

MarufH
June 25, 2012, 12:30 PM
Lifetime "Fan Disliked" achievement:
Javed Omar Belim

Currently Most Disliked:

- Shahadat
- Rok
- Kayes
- Naeem

Biggest "Disliked" point in BD history:

- ICL runaways (at that time)

Biggest Love/Hate

- Mohd. Ashraful

Dhakablues
June 25, 2012, 01:05 PM
Lets see, well, I hated Rashid Latif for his cheating and denial afterwards and then Salman Batt, Danish Kaneria for their match fixing, Rashed Hanif for his Dhaka league fightings also the emptyness of Shevagh, Boycott, Hookes and then wait, you asked for Bangladeshi players?,, ahh NONE. None of the Bangladeshi players ever did such things that would warrant any hatred from anyone..lack of performance,skills or a desire to join a league can't be a reason for hatred..

Zunaid
June 25, 2012, 01:07 PM
Lets see, well, I hated Rashid Latif for his cheating and denial afterwards and then Salman Batt, Danish Kaneria for their match fixing, Rashed Hanif for his Dhaka league fightings also the emptyness of Shevagh, Boycott, Hookes and then wait, you asked for Bangladeshi players?,, ahh NONE. None of the Bangladeshi players ever did such things that would warrant any hatred from anyone..lack of performance,skills or a desire to join a league can't be a reason for hatred..

:clap:

Well said brother.

kalpurush
June 25, 2012, 01:16 PM

:clap:

Well said brother.
+1

I can't even hate those listed in Dhakablues list, but ratyher have "koruna" and don't even bother of thinking them.

One thing I am amazed and proud of the Tigers that being "poor", they never sold their soul to others. :clap::fanflag:

roman
June 25, 2012, 01:40 PM
Hate is a strong word. I don't hate anyone. Well..very Few people, but that's a different topic.

To be honest I don't dislike any player when they wear that Red and Green uniform. I love them all and pray for their success . Be it Ash, Shahadat or Imrul. Although I don't want some to wear that precious jersey of BD, but if selected and are in the team, ill root for them and hope they do.well.

Maysun
June 25, 2012, 02:26 PM
Don't hate or dislike anyone but I can't stand the way Nafees bats. Ugh.

cricket_king
June 25, 2012, 07:48 PM
Rakibul Hasan. I can't stand this guy.

Rifat
June 25, 2012, 08:38 PM

wonderful post, Brother :clap:

Ajfar
June 25, 2012, 08:38 PM

+1. If you dislike someone that means even when they are in the playing 11 you are ok/happy with them failing. And if that's the case you are not a true BD fan. The question should be if it was up to you who would keep out of the team, I'm guessing thatd what Raynman bhai is getting at dislike = you don't them on the team.

Sohel
June 25, 2012, 11:09 PM
I always pray for our guys to succeed whenever they play for anyone, even when I pretty much know that's highly unlikely. I don't know the players well enough to either love or hate them, but can't stand the way some of these guys play. They are, from the current bunch:

1. Muhammad Rokibul Hasan Nauyon

2. Muhammad "Test Class + Exquisite Timing" Nazimuddin

3. Muhammad Sohrawardi Shubho

4. Imrul Kayes Shagor

5. Jahurul Islam Aumi

RazabQ
June 25, 2012, 11:19 PM
For me, again, if you are selected, I want you to do well. There are players whose selection at present I will question, merely because either they don't have the inclination to change or lack the capacity to do so.

Lacking desire:
Rajib/Shahadat
Kapali
Aftab
Syed Rasel
Mahbubul Alam Robin

Lacking ability (in their primary area)
Naeem
Rok
Shubho

Obviously my bile is most riled up by the former category

Shaun petr
June 25, 2012, 11:54 PM
shahadat khan the villain of Bangladesh but hero of bollywood.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

tanvir_nus
June 26, 2012, 01:25 AM
If you asked me this a week before it would be Mahmudullah Riyad but having criticised him has let me vent out my anger and actually there has been never before seen improvements in his game, I really thought he re-invented himself there but at the same time I would hold on to any long term judgements on him. I still think this was a one-of a series for him and he would re-invent his true form of disappointing me. So I am still watching him and following his game for now.

On topic, if not Riyad I think I am starting to hate one member of the team, Abdur Rajjak LaLLA. He is really good for nothing to me.

Sohel
June 26, 2012, 01:30 AM
^Nostrilamous Rex is still a decent overs limited bowler once you accept his GOD given right to bowl at least 1 (or 2) boundary ball every other over. He enjoys similar freedoms with his batting and fielding also, although he has never been decent in those aspects of the short format.

BD Rox
June 26, 2012, 01:46 AM
shahadat khan the villain of Bangladesh but hero of bollywood.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

:floor::floor::floor:

Sohel
June 26, 2012, 02:01 AM
For me, again, if you are selected, I want you to do well. There are players whose selection at present I will question, merely because either they don't have the inclination to change or lack the capacity to do so.

Lacking desire:
Rajib/Shahadat
Kapali
Aftab
Syed Rasel
Mahbubul Alam Robin

Agree and I'd a few more. These guys, though some of them may not be as promising as the ones in your list, don't work on their own to rectify debilitating issues seen over at least 5 years, and it bothers me a great deal to watch them:

6. Mohammad Ashraful M:facepalm:tin (his inevitably idiotic dismissals)

7. Shahriar Nafees Ahmed Abir

8. Junaid Siddiqui Imroze

9. Dhiman Ghosh (the goatlashing)

10. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza Koushik (the goatlashing and death over bowling)

11. Mehrab Hossain Orion

12. Mohammad Nafis Iqbal

fiasnahk
June 26, 2012, 03:00 AM
Dony hate anyone obviously but it pains me to see people in the team who dont perform or are in without merit. Id rather give chances to a new faces for a few games than have the same old face fail over and over again. Its meant to be the best XI and the team should be trying to win. We shouldn't have sympathy if someone isnt performing. What happened with ashraful when he stayed on for almost a decade even though he was one of the least consistant performers (Look at the team if you disagree, Shahriar nafees, Basher and Omar were all better test players). So i would vote him

Antora
June 26, 2012, 03:20 AM
I believe the most liked and disliked player in the team is Ash.

I dislike Riyad.

I HATE ( yes very strong word) NAZIMUDDIN! - Good for nothing!

Sohel
June 26, 2012, 03:23 AM
I HATE ( yes very strong word) NAZIMUDDIN! - Good for nothing!

+1 GODzillion to that. Just the thought of him irritates me beyond whatever decency and depth I allegedly possess. I wanna go all Keyser Söze (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyser_S%C3%B6ze) on his ***!

firstlane
June 26, 2012, 03:53 AM
I hate lotus kamal. someone please tell me he played cricket at least once in his life.

BengaliPagol
June 26, 2012, 03:56 AM
With the absence of Shakib, Mahmudullah was given more responsibility in the team hence his solid performances.

playmaker
June 26, 2012, 05:46 AM
Dislike? Amader playerra ki MF SFe korse? Amader playerra ki desh chere takar jonno dourachche?

Na

So amader playerder againste amader kono hatred thaka uchit na. Remember, poor performances of some of our players werent Intentional. Shahadat, ash, they dont want their team to lose do they?

Shaan
June 26, 2012, 07:03 AM
the thread should be who is your most disliked player NOT the most disliked player? Anyway I don't have any disliked player but I have some doubt about some players ability in Int. level whom shouldn't be playing for national side, They are:

1) Shahdat
2) Rock
3) Mehrab jr
4) Kapali ( am one of big fan, but his BPL captaincy controversy brought into my mind that he is a pure coward)
5) Aftab gonner..

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2012, 07:38 AM
They don't do drugs. They don't match fix. What else do you want?

zinatf
June 26, 2012, 09:34 AM

+1 to this. Why do we have to dislike them? Yes, majority of their performances have NOT been upto the mark.....but that's why we have to dislike them doesn't seem logical.....I thank to Allah million times and will continue to do so because we haven't produced drug addict, match fixers!

Shaan
June 26, 2012, 11:14 AM
the thread should be who is your most disliked player NOT the most disliked player? Anyway I don't have any disliked player but I have some doubt about some players ability in Int. level whom shouldn't be playing for national side, They are:

1) Shahdat
2) Rock
3) Mehrab jr
4) Kapali ( am one of big fan, but his BPL captaincy controversy brought into my mind that he is a pure coward)
5) Aftab gonner..
oh dear God I forgot legendary NAZIM UDDIN, he shold be the top one in my list:facepalm:

Navo
June 26, 2012, 11:45 AM

+1 to this. Why do we have to dislike them? Yes, majority of their performances have NOT been upto the mark.....but that's why we have to dislike them doesn't seem logical.....I thank to Allah million times and will continue to do so because we haven't produced drug addict, match fixers!

Let's hope it stays that way. I hate to say it but one or two bad eggs will be inevitable. And then...and then, I can't imagine the backlash :waiting:

rinathq
June 26, 2012, 04:46 PM
I dont dislike anyone..
I still miss the hardhitting Aftab in the squad, I still miss the T20 expert Kapali, I still miss one of the best seamer in BD Shahadat, Ash well we all know how much he is missed. I can say this for every player. Bottom line is, all the player that did not perform or not performing at the moment has some kind of talent and have shown glimpse of that in the past. Just because they are out of form doesnt mean we should "dislike" them. Yes we can prefer someone else over them but thats not dislike.

BengaliPagol
June 26, 2012, 08:03 PM
I dont like it when players who clearly have the potential and talent but dont utilise on it. e.g. Ashraful, Aftab, Kapali. Yet i have respect for players that dont have the god gifted talent (e.g. Mushfiq, Mahmudullah, Imrul) but work hard to get results (Imrul hasnt quite achieved the results but he hasnt been as terrible as Rokibul or some others).

crikss
June 26, 2012, 08:33 PM
long time back I used to hate Javed Omar but currently no one

max410
June 27, 2012, 01:39 AM
the one and only ASSH ra fooool

BANFAN
June 27, 2012, 03:39 PM

Era actually kichu e kore na... Emonki thick moto khele o na.... :)

habfreak
June 27, 2012, 11:46 PM
It's funny to see some of the most talented players BD has ever produced show up on these lists ;)

playmaker
June 28, 2012, 05:09 AM
^^

Its simply because they have not utilized their talent

shakibrulz
June 28, 2012, 05:57 AM
Ashraful, maybe. I personally hate Shahadat.

Sovik
June 28, 2012, 07:55 AM
Not when they are playing for Bangladesh