PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh MPs Beat British MPs At The Oval

MohammedC
June 25, 2012, 12:45 PM
Bangladesh MPs Beat British MPs At The Oval :o

25 JUNE 2012

A team of Bangladesh Members of the Parliament headed by Nazmul Hassan MP visited London to play a friendly cricket match with British Members of the Parliament, winning their one-day game by 47 runs.

Invited by former Prime Minister Sir John Major and Conservative MPs, the delegation exchanged views with the All Party Parliamentary committee and also Conservative Party MPs in the House of Commons.

They also attended a reception party organized by Conservative Friends of Bangladesh which was attended by Secretary of State including Anne Maine MP, Nicky Morgan MP and others. A large number of Bangladeshi communities including High Commissioner of Bangladesh were also present.

Later the visiting delegation played a cricket match at The Kia Oval against the British MPs.

Team members of Bangladesh MP team were: Nazmul Hassan Papon MP (captain) (Kishorganj-6), Md. Zahid Ahasan Rasel MP(vice captain) (Gazipur-2), Talukder Md.Touhid Jong (Murad) MP (Dhaka-19), Zunaid Ahmed Palak MP (Natore-3), Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury MP (Dinajpur-2), Md.Shafikul Islam Apu MP (Jhenaidah-2), Mustaque Ahmed Ruhi MP (Netrakona-1) , Md. Shariar Alam MP (Rajshahi-6), Mohammed Shah Alam MP (Brahmanbaria-4), Samsul Haq Chowdhury MP (Chittagong-11) and Dr. Md. Murad Hasan MP (Jamalpur-4). Team manager was Nasrul Hamid Bipu MP (Dhaka-3).

John Redwood MP, Bob Blackman MP, Mark Lancaster MP, Richard Hillar MP, Edward Davies MP, and Graham Stuart MP participated from British MP side although they were beaten by their visitors.

Later, the trophy was handed over to the Bangladesh MP team captain Nazmul Hassan Papon MP. Six months earlier, a similar match was played at Mirpur's Sher-e-Bangla Cricket Stadium as part of their views exchanging and relation-building programme in Bangladesh.

http://www.cricketworld.com/bangladesh-mps-beat-british-mps-at-the-oval/31644.htm?

kalpurush
June 25, 2012, 12:56 PM
Ha ha is it for real?

Now that we beat the English MPs, our "Test status" won't be in question...!!!?

Habib
June 25, 2012, 09:57 PM
I'm sure they have cheated the age limit. j/k

Sohel
June 25, 2012, 10:59 PM
Loitta chhilona kyano? Bilatider bhaggo bhalo amago besht pileyarer dyashe (a)kam chhilo.

BANFAN
June 26, 2012, 06:12 PM
Ei thread a post kora o ekta (a) Kam ...amio Tai e korlam...:)

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2012, 08:47 PM
And this is not even our all-MP team. This is just the ruling party MP team.

Nadim
July 1, 2012, 02:42 AM
Just to let you guys know, it was an indoor game with tape tennis ball. :-|

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/562884_362399187161312_1632587009_n.jpg

Hannan Sarkar was their coach too :D

Antora
July 1, 2012, 02:57 AM
^ Hannan Sarkar was coach? interesting.=\

zinatf
July 1, 2012, 03:44 AM
Hannan Sarkar their coach...:lol:...nonetheless good job respectable MPs :-p

Sohel
July 1, 2012, 03:49 AM
I think we should open two more threads now: a celebration thread and a Hannan Sarkar thread. Any takers?

Nadim
July 1, 2012, 03:58 AM
I think we should open two more threads now: a celebration thread and a Hannan Sarkar thread. Any takers?

hahah You the man Sohel bhai. keep opening hit threads ;)

And yh H. Sarkar is one of the top coach for Clemon academy and Clemon was sponsoring the mps afaik.

Sohel
July 1, 2012, 04:02 AM
And yh H. Sarkar is one of the top coach for Clemon academy and Clemon was sponsoring the mps afaik.

Shune monta korlo kyamon-kyamon. Not the most vile sugar water I've forced down my throat BTW. Can you find the Official Hannan Sarkar Thread bro? Imtiaz once wrote an excellent article titled "The Hannan Conundrum" but I don't think that'll do it.

zinatf
July 1, 2012, 04:02 AM

Apni khulen Sohel Bhai :notworthy:

Nadim
July 1, 2012, 04:05 AM
Shune monta korlo kyamon-kyamon. Not the most vile sugar water I've forced down my throat BTW. Can you find the Official Hannan Sarkar Thread bro? Imtiaz once wrote an excellent article titled "The Hannan Conundrum" but I don't think that'll do it.

LOL!!!

ophicial thread nai dada. Khule felen :big_hug:

Sohel
July 1, 2012, 04:18 AM
LOL!!!

ophicial thread nai dada. Khule felen :big_hug:

Zunaidre beshi gutaite chaina bhai :lol:

Zunaid
July 1, 2012, 04:54 AM

http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/when-someone-steps-on-the-back-of-your-shoe.gif

Sohel
July 1, 2012, 04:57 AM
http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/when-someone-steps-on-the-back-of-your-shoe.gif

So who's the brother looking at you like that?

Zunaid
July 1, 2012, 04:57 AM

I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me.

Nadim
July 1, 2012, 04:58 AM
:floor:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

playmaker
July 1, 2012, 06:48 AM
I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me.

naujubillah, eta ki bollen :o