PDA

View Full Version : Cricket in Afghanistan has better future than in Bangladesh

DaFan
June 26, 2012, 11:17 AM
Cricket in Afghanistan has better future than inBangladesh

ScoreCard (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/567257.html)

Plus considering the fact that Afghanistan is a war torn country with hardly any cricket budget and Bangladesh, which has been playing test cricket for 10 year with much better domestic set up; its quite pathetic really. Bangladesh has been a minnow for the past 10 years and will be in the future. Afgan has way better prospects from U-19 than from the losers BD U-19 team.

Nadim
June 26, 2012, 11:36 AM
Good for them.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

TigerEz
June 26, 2012, 11:43 AM
Ek matche kichui hoy na!.....haray amader shomman mati miche geche, kintu tar mane na je afghans have better future!

PoorFan
June 26, 2012, 11:54 AM
DaFan, I hear you, and you are almost right. Anything else?

Shubho
June 26, 2012, 12:16 PM
DaFan, PoorFan, BANFAN...it's all a conspiracy, I tell you.

Crisis
June 26, 2012, 12:32 PM
Looking at the names, they sound like theya re actually Pakistani players ?

F6_Turbo
June 26, 2012, 12:38 PM
Looking at the names, they sound like theya re actually Pakistani players ?

I'm sure there will be a couple of players with dubious nationality....but by looking at what names?

ahmadzai
shaidi
najibullah
hasmatullah

all sound like 'afghan' names to me...their photos also reflect this.

Not all of them are going to as funnily named as Abdullah Abdullah :lol::lol:

EDIT: Looking at his posts...DaFan only shows up when 'calamity' strikes

Kohli_Sox
June 26, 2012, 12:39 PM
If everything is based on ONE LOSS, then BANGLADESH has better future than ENGLAND, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH AFRICA, INDIA, PAKISTAN, SRI LANKA, NEW ZEALAND AND WEST INDIES because BANGLADESH U-19 Team has beaten all of the above more than once

Nadim
June 26, 2012, 12:42 PM
^Thanks YOU!!!!

Our U19 is the 3rd best in the world and has been for last decade. That's a FACT. one losss against Afghan doesn't mean WE SUCK :mad:

TigerEz
June 26, 2012, 12:43 PM
exactly!!!!!!!!!! i gotta copy and paste this!

If everything is based on ONE LOSS, then BANGLADESH has better future than ENGLAND, AUSTRALIA, INDIA, PAKISTAN, SRI LANKA, NEW ZEALAND AND WEST INDIES because BANGLADESH U-19 Team has beaten all of the above more than once

MohammedC
June 26, 2012, 01:02 PM
Congratulation Afghanistan. I am happy for them. Keep going.

Night_wolf
June 26, 2012, 01:32 PM
If everything is based on ONE LOSS, then BANGLADESH has better future than ENGLAND, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH AFRICA, INDIA, PAKISTAN, SRI LANKA, NEW ZEALAND AND WEST INDIES because BANGLADESH U-19 Team has beaten all of the above more than once

right..we play with England at under 19 level..anyway for the record we didn't beat india more then once..only once that too by 2 wickets..india is the only u19 team we suck against..10 defeats 1 lone unconvincing victory

simon
June 26, 2012, 01:44 PM
chorom thread :lol:
amra ektu ranking wise mainka chipar moddhey asi, ektu unish bish hoilei associate ba onno lower ranked teams gula diya amader aro choto kora hoy. :smh:
ekhon jodi Srl ba Pak harto taile eita hoito "upset"
amra harley tokhon shobai bole "eder ke diye kichu hobe ma"
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Roni_uk
June 26, 2012, 01:51 PM

wow... beautiful avatar. She certainly changed her make up man recently :P

BagherBacha
June 26, 2012, 02:20 PM
i checked few players profile, they looked like grown man to me :)

TigerEz
June 26, 2012, 02:38 PM
wow... beautiful avatar. She certainly changed her make up man recently :P

cough***cough.....leave my gal alone

Ajfar
June 26, 2012, 02:40 PM
I have a dream that oneday a thread like this will get zero response.

shakibrulz
June 26, 2012, 03:19 PM
www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/series/546697.html

One poor series doesnt mean anything.

al Furqaan
June 26, 2012, 04:10 PM
this is probably our worst U19 team in a while...we struggled to beat England at home.

Dhakablues
June 26, 2012, 04:30 PM
Well, keep in mind that couple key players were missing. Especially Anamul Haque, Abul Hasan Raju..

People said the same thing when UAE beat Bangladesh and that UAE has a bright future etc. etc. But the fact of the matter is, if you dont have a consistent pipeline, sponsors, crowd, infrastructure, any game will eventually die off... For instance, take Kenya as an example, reaching the Semis in world cup and then what happend? Unless Afghanistan can get fundings, crowd, cricket brains behind their team, they will have a spike but when the core set of players retires or are out of form, they wont go far.

Bangladesh losing to Afghanistan is a signal to BCB that they can't keep ignoring the youth team and be completely absorbed into the political, financial, international side of cricket,, they have to invest in good U17, U19 programmes, game development and get quality coaches. We let go of Fernando, Carlton, Shawn, De Winter etc. many years ago and never filled those roles and now we are seeting the downslides...

rinathq
June 26, 2012, 04:40 PM
If Afghanistan plays cricket without any Pakistani players and Pakistani assistance, you will see that they wont even be competitive against teams like Qatar. Yea they are cruising at the moment but than again, comparing them with Bangladesh's progress? Well Kohli_Sox answered the question...

al Furqaan
June 26, 2012, 05:02 PM
Well, keep in mind that couple key players were missing. Especially Anamul Haque, Abul Hasan Raju..

People said the same thing when UAE beat Bangladesh and that UAE has a bright future etc. etc. But the fact of the matter is, if you dont have a consistent pipeline, sponsors, crowd, infrastructure, any game will eventually die off... For instance, take Kenya as an example, reaching the Semis in world cup and then what happend? Unless Afghanistan can get fundings, crowd, cricket brains behind their team, they will have a spike but when the core set of players retires or are out of form, they wont go far.

Bangladesh losing to Afghanistan is a signal to BCB that they can't keep ignoring the youth team and be completely absorbed into the political, financial, international side of cricket,, they have to invest in good U17, U19 programmes, game development and get quality coaches. We let go of Fernando, Carlton, Shawn, De Winter etc. many years ago and never filled those roles and now we are seeting the downslides...

Afghanistan aren't like Kenya...there is some real popularity of the game there. Its even more popular than in places like Zimbabwe and Ireland, I'd wager. Their only problem is lack of security in their own country. They can't play at home, probably can't even train at home. An all overseas team is an expensive setup. I really hope they get all the assisstance from the ICC and other countries (same with Ireland), cricket needs a few new kids on the block. Afghans are also naturally athletic and I could see a situation where they could be a very very good side in the distant future.

BANFAN
June 26, 2012, 05:29 PM
Afghanistan aren't like Kenya...there is some real popularity of the game there. Its even more popular than in places like Zimbabwe and Ireland, I'd wager. Their only problem is lack of security in their own country. They can't play at home, probably can't even train at home. An all overseas team is an expensive setup. I really hope they get all the assisstance from the ICC and other countries (same with Ireland), cricket needs a few new kids on the block. Afghans are also naturally athletic and I could see a situation where they could be a very very good side in the distant future.

AF you adjust depicting a picture from your mind. Afghans 99% even don't understand cricket as a game and nether play and neither they have any infrastructure whatsoever. Yes in any nation desperate for success at any level will rally and talk about their success in that event. But that hasn't yet reached that stage to call it a popular sports.

Just by the names I can point put with 100% guarantee that about 8 of them are pure Pakistani origin players. Afghan surnames are very distinctly different, with only grey area is Khans... Who can be a Pathan from either side.

Naimul_Hd
June 26, 2012, 07:40 PM
Some Under-30 team of Afgan beat Under-19 of Bangladesh in a frigging match and all of a sudden we realize that Afgan has a better future than Bangladesh ? :lol:

No doubt that Afgans have a bright future if they can play like this and their management supports their team BUT to say their future is better than us based on a match is just awful.

crikss
June 26, 2012, 08:32 PM
keep dreaming!!!

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2012, 08:41 PM
Plus considering the fact that Afghanistan is a war torn country with hardly any cricket budget and Bangladesh, which has been playing test cricket for 10 year with much better domestic set up; its quite pathetic really. Bangladesh has been a minnow for the past 10 years and will be in the future. Afgan has way better prospects from U-19 than from the losers BD U-19 team.
Welcome to BC DaFan. I have a question for you.

Zim is better than SA. That is what the scorecard would tell, wouldn't it? A crushing 9 wicket victory should solidify the previous win so not one game wonder. Don't you think?

rinathq
June 26, 2012, 10:32 PM
Welcome to BC DaFan. I have a question for you.

Zim is better than SA. That is what the scorecard would tell, wouldn't it? A crushing 9 wicket victory should solidify the previous win so not one game wonder. Don't you think?

perfect question :) but if he ever answers he will say no Steyn, Morkel, AB, Kallis, Botha and all that stuff

sahasan
June 26, 2012, 10:50 PM
perfect question :) but if he ever answers he will say no Steyn, Morkel, AB, Kallis, Botha and all that stuff

Dear Brother ,
I saw every match of bangladesh u-19 team .You guys are right , may be that does not matter one match we loosing against Afghanistan and sri lanka . But i feel the other way . I Know and saw before our under-19 team is far better technically and talented wise from this team .Thats why i am scared that if our next upcoming cricketers is not better then Shakib , Tamim etc. then we have some problem in near future. If we want to upgrade our level our young star should be better then Tamim ,Shakib .If they not break the barrier of shakib and Tamim then we will one day no were to reach to top level.

salu
June 26, 2012, 11:46 PM
discussion going on....we all believe one match cannot be a factor..but still it is heart breaking to see defeat from afgans.. oshojjo jontrona.....

al Furqaan
June 27, 2012, 12:32 AM
AF you adjust depicting a picture from your mind. Afghans 99% even don't understand cricket as a game and nether play and neither they have any infrastructure whatsoever. Yes in any nation desperate for success at any level will rally and talk about their success in that event. But that hasn't yet reached that stage to call it a popular sports.

Just by the names I can point put with 100% guarantee that about 8 of them are pure Pakistani origin players. Afghan surnames are very distinctly different, with only grey area is Khans... Who can be a Pathan from either side.

Most of the player names sound afghan to me...Ahmadzai, Karzai, ___zai! Najibullah, Ahmadullah, Karimullah...etc. Most of them are listed by CI as being born in Afghanistan. Either way a Pathan is a Pathan. What if we found out 200 years ago, Shakib's ancestors were from Kolkata...would that disqualify him from playing for Bangladesh? I don't think we should go out and hire Manoj Tiwari or Ashok Dinda, but if something happened historically a bazillion years ago (before or after Partition), that doesn't matter.

OK, maybe resident Afghans aren't into the sport that much, but neither are resident Kiwis or Zimbabweans or West Indians. I'm not saying Afghanistan deserve Test status right now, but if they had infrastructure and security to host matches they should. Ireland deserve it already or definitely in the next few years.

tiger_army
June 27, 2012, 12:55 AM
our young cricketers need to change their attitude..they have all the skills but they are lack of some goals, which we saw in the team of shakib-mushi u-19 era. Being a cricketer and playing for age level team these young crickters are getting popularity.. Our media is making news, fans are adding them in FB is making them more populer.. They should realise this isnt the end.. they should think like shakib, mushi, mash.. otherwise we will loose against afgans in future..

max410
June 27, 2012, 01:36 AM
I know one loss does not mean anything we still have many problems in domestic cricket we need to strengthen our domestic cricket and make it better upto international standard one then we can be sure so far our domestic cricket has not improved we do not have proper cricket grounds and proper coaching for youngsters.

TimAus
June 27, 2012, 03:31 AM
Love a good panic stations thread. The Bangladesh under 20s lost to the Afghanistan under 21s in a one off game and now the country has no future. Not to mention two of the Bangladesh team's best players (Abul Hasan and Anamul Haq) weren't there cos of senior team duties. It's true that Afghanistan have a bright future, but Bangladesh do too and if you played that game 10 times my guess is that the Bangladeshis would win at least as many as they'd lose.

F6_Turbo
June 27, 2012, 03:51 AM
Love a good panic stations thread. The Bangladesh under 20s lost to the Afghanistan under 21s in a one off game and now the country has no future. Not to mention two of the Bangladesh team's best players (Abul Hasan and Anamul Haq) weren't there cos of senior team duties. It's true that Afghanistan have a bright future, but Bangladesh do too and if you played that game 10 times my guess is that the Bangladeshis would win at least as many as they'd lose.

Get outta here...we've got no time for calm and reason. I'm setting up something to rival the Nuremberg Trials to bring these perpetrators to justice.

Zunaid
June 27, 2012, 04:11 AM
The sky is falling and you talk about reason. It's the end my friend. The end, I tell ya. Exit right laughing maniacally.

Sohel
June 27, 2012, 04:19 AM
I propose we ban cricket and go on a roti diet to become proper fans supporting the right team. Hopefully the aforesaid "roti diet" would turn our children who will NEVER KNOW RICE, into fair skinned, muscular and preferably bearded cricketers within a generation or two. If it does -- it may not because Bangladeshis won't abandon Bangla, rice, fish and their non-Nasheed music anytime soon without immediate guidance from Islamic Brotherhood -- then we may return to cricket as guys playing for United Islamic States of Talibania spreading from Bangladesh to the KSA.

BC can become the Salafi cricket site it needs to be.

BengaliPagol
June 27, 2012, 04:27 AM

We Bangladeshi fans love to jump to conclusions and panic.

playmaker
June 27, 2012, 04:41 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: to Dafan

DaFan bhai, so tell me about their Premiere League, you know something like BPL. Or what about the number of cricket stadium, or how rich their board is. Infact, its astounding how a country torn with war is said to have a better future in cricket.

And what does U-19 win means? its just a single loss. People forget that Aus were bundled out under 50 runs in a test match not 1 year ago. And plz, u forget to mention that half of the Afghan players is from pakistan

Sohel
June 27, 2012, 04:47 AM
Da(wah)Fan should run the new BC and then the Bangladesh branch of the USTCB.

Isnaad
June 27, 2012, 05:30 AM
DaFan got what he wanted. Attention.

Antora
June 27, 2012, 06:37 AM
Why are people even bothering to argue? Threads like this should seriously get ZERO response. -_-

hoodlum
June 27, 2012, 07:39 AM
DaFan you better spend your time in ICF.

MSM B2C
June 27, 2012, 09:25 AM
I think we are getting overboard in critising Da Fan. He did have some valid points:

1) Non playing nation such as Associate U-19 team beating Professional Rich Cricket Board U-19 team, It's a sign of worry. especially in a Big Event like U-19 Asia Cup.

2) If Afghanistan U-19 team has been practising better than U-19 bangladesh Team with limited resources, what has bangladesh cricket board done to help the U-19 bangladesh team to be well prepared?

3) Most of our win's are coming at home venus for the U-19 match's but we fail to do as expected in overseas condition. However, the Afghanistan U-19 or Senior Team play most of it's match's overseas and does well such as the T20 Qualifier!

At the rate which Afghanistan is improving, I won't be shocked if in future, Afghanistan trash us in ODI or T20 overseas or maybe some at home venus. I really like the way and rate at which Afghanistan are improving so much, much better rate then bangladesh.

Zunaid
June 27, 2012, 09:30 AM
^^ I'm surprised to see myself agreeing somewhat with MSM. How come our progress is so slow compared to countries like Ireland, Netherland, and Afghanistan? Shall I point my far grubby fingers art the management?

playmaker
June 27, 2012, 10:14 AM
I think we are getting overboard in critising Da Fan. He did have some valid points:

1) Non playing nation such as Associate U-19 team beating Professional Rich Cricket Board U-19 team, It's a sign of worry. especially in a Big Event like U-19 Asia Cup.

2) If Afghanistan U-19 team has been practising better than U-19 bangladesh Team with limited resources, what has bangladesh cricket board done to help the U-19 bangladesh team to be well prepared?

3) Most of our win's are coming at home venus for the U-19 match's but we fail to do as expected in overseas condition. However, the Afghanistan U-19 or Senior Team play most of it's match's overseas and does well such as the T20 Qualifier!

At the rate which Afghanistan is improving, I won't be shocked if in future, Afghanistan trash us in ODI or T20 overseas or maybe some at home venus. I really like the way and rate at which Afghanistan are improving so much, much better rate then bangladesh.

First let them start winning against big teams. In your words afghanistan is developing very quickly, it could be true to some extent. But develop to WHAT EXTENT? There is a limit to how much strong they can become. Without a good FC structure, no stadium, and everything else, I dont see them becoming a good force in the future

Zunaid
June 27, 2012, 10:17 AM
First let them start winning against big teams. In your words afghanistan is developing very quickly, it could be true to some extent. But develop to WHAT EXTENT? There is a limit to how much strong they can become. Without a good FC structure, no stadium, and everything else, I dont see them becoming a good force in the future

Where is our good FC structure? BCB, where forth art thou?

Ahsan
June 27, 2012, 10:24 AM

As is "Poppy growing in Bangladesh has better future than Afghanistan"

Zunaid
June 27, 2012, 10:26 AM

No. Our weather is too dry. Darn, do I have to teach botany too?

Ahsan
June 27, 2012, 10:31 AM
Duh:p Bangladeshi can get shelter in Myanmar and grow some poppy there, no? Is Myanmar too dry? Now you have to really teach botany of Myanmar to us :)

Zunaid
June 27, 2012, 10:34 AM
Duh:p Bangladeshi can get shelter in Myanmar and grow some poppy there, no? Is Myanmar too dry? Now you have to really teach botany of Myanmar to us :)

Myanmar is just as wet as us. Wel will just have to colonic Caliornia.

More seriously - ignore the OP, but acknowledge them as a rising cricketing nation and celebrate it. But - make a vow to kick their and everyone's *** next time.

ahnaf
June 27, 2012, 10:37 AM

lol..really? Can you give us some example of their improvement??
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Zunaid
June 27, 2012, 10:39 AM
lol..really? Can you give us some example of their improvement??

They were in the '8'th division just a few years ago. Now, they are making a serious case to be given ODI status. Don't you follow the various ICC divisions and progress? Let's not be so provincial.

Ahsan
June 27, 2012, 10:40 AM
More seriously - ignore the OP, but acknowledge them as a rising cricketing nation and celebrate it. But - make a vow to kick their and everyone's *** next time.

Absolutely boss! Just could not resist the fun :) It is admiring effort that a warn torn country is making headlines for the good cause. Respect to Afghani cricketers (both junior/seinor teams).

mac
June 27, 2012, 10:49 AM
Who cares? World ends this year. Afgans aren't getting test status.

ahnaf
June 27, 2012, 10:49 AM
They were in the '8'th division just a few years ago. Now, they are making a serious case to be given ODI status. Don't you follow the various ICC divisions and progress? Let's not be so provincial.

im not saying they are not improving.. But telling they are improving at a faster rate than us and has a better future than us is quite silly.. Because there are huge difference in quality between International Cricket And Divisional Cricket...

CricketPagolChele
June 27, 2012, 10:55 AM

DaFan, dont know you really belong to which fan club, but Afgan is PAK 2, nothing else. They live in PAK (refugee camp or whereever else), they breath in PAK (refugee camp or whereever else), they have full access to PAK cricket structure, they play in PAK,they grow up with other PAK cricketers. If their future is not bright than whose is? But the fact is,AFG will have brighter future as long as they live in refugee camp in pakistan...as soon as they leave refugee camp in pakistan and return to REAL AFG territory, their cricket will have "Kenyan death". Just for your FYI, kenya once was a great threat for BD, but now BD's under 10 team can beat them anyday, anywhere...

BTW, BD U19 lostto AFG ~21+ team (where they had few national team players too).

Please DaFan, dont get carried away just by 1 single win...

Night_wolf
June 27, 2012, 10:56 AM
Afgan and ireland may well do better then us who knows..but without england and pakistan's help how further these countries will go remains to be seen..but atm they are doing more then enough..kudos to them

CricketPagolChele
June 27, 2012, 11:23 AM
Afgan and ireland may well do better then us who knows..but without england and pakistan's help how further these countries will go remains to be seen..but atm they are doing more then enough..kudos to them

Right on, NW.. specially Afganistan cricket will die as soon as real AFGANs from Afganistan start to play , not so called AFGANs living in Pakistan..

al Furqaan
June 27, 2012, 04:47 PM
^^ I'm surprised to see myself agreeing somewhat with MSM. How come our progress is so slow compared to countries like Ireland, Netherland, and Afghanistan? Shall I point my far grubby fingers art the management?

Netherlands hasn't made much improvement, IMO. Ireland and Afghanistan yes. But I'm not so sure we should expect that Bangladesh will always improve faster and faster than others just because they're associates. As long as we improve and move up the rankings who cares how Afghanistan and Ireland are doing?

Ajfar
June 27, 2012, 06:52 PM
No one is saying we have to agree with the opening post, but we can at least give them thumbs up. They surely deserve that much.

NightWolf what is Pakistan doing for Afghan cricket? Are pakistani players leaving their future behind to go play in Afghanistan? And how is England helping Ireland team? If anything England hurt Ireland by taking Eoin Morgan, on the verge of losing Boyd Rankin and George Docktrell. If you are talking about Irish players playing in county that's not England helping them. Under EU rules Irish player can play as local players in county team England didn't come up with this on their own. Also Irish players are not the only players Dutch players play in county teams as well.

I love how we are all pointing out by oh don't get carried away by 1 win. What did we used to/still do after 1 big win? I suppose this can be more of an advice for Afghanistan team/fans rather than a put down.

Zeeshan
June 27, 2012, 07:40 PM

No. Our weather is too dry. Darn, do I have to teach botany too?

Push-po'r ghondo shune elam....stick to sativa guys...much safer and non-addictive.

Gowza
June 27, 2012, 08:09 PM
easier to succeed against the associates than the top 8 test teams, but they have had a really strong and quick rise. ireland are doing alright to, they've kept up strong performances when teams like scotland, netherlands, kenya showed promise but haven't been able to sustain it like ireland have. wouldn't be surprised if ireland get test status in the next few years and afghanistan could well be the best one-day associate team in a couple of years and be beginning to challenge the top 8 teams.

akabir77
June 27, 2012, 08:40 PM
No one is saying we have to agree with the opening post, but we can at least give them thumbs up. They surely deserve that much.

NightWolf what is Pakistan doing for Afghan cricket? Are pakistani players leaving their future behind to go play in Afghanistan? And how is England helping Ireland team? If anything England hurt Ireland by taking Eoin Morgan, on the verge of losing Boyd Rankin and George Docktrell. If you are talking about Irish players playing in county that's not England helping them. Under EU rules Irish player can play as local players in county team England didn't come up with this on their own. Also Irish players are not the only players Dutch players play in county teams as well.

I love how we are all pointing out by oh don't get carried away by 1 win. What did we used to/still do after 1 big win? I suppose this can be more of an advice for Afghanistan team/fans rather than a put down.

Irish players get to play county as a local player. so they don't have to compete with other intl players. And Afgan team is situated in Pakistan were pakistan is spending heavily on them so that the have a puppy like us (to them we r puppy of india)...

Hope you get the big picture now

Zunaid
June 27, 2012, 09:15 PM
So what? Do we need to demean others to feel better about ourselves. The reason this thread got so many responses is that we seem to be very insecure. The barb hit too close to home. What we been up the ranking ladder and not languishing at the bottom, this thread would have died from lack of attention.

Rifat
June 27, 2012, 09:52 PM
So what? Do we need to demean others to feel better about ourselves? The reason this thread got so many responses is that we seem to be very insecure. The barb hit too close to home. What we been up the ranking ladder and not languishing at the bottom, this thread would have died from lack of attention.

Ding Ding Ding Jackpot!

i_1_primeval_man
June 27, 2012, 10:59 PM
I propose we ban cricket and go on a roti diet to become proper fans supporting the right team. Hopefully the aforesaid "roti diet" would turn our children who will NEVER KNOW RICE, into fair skinned, muscular and preferably bearded cricketers within a generation or two. If it does -- it may not because Bangladeshis won't abandon Bangla, rice, fish and their non-Nasheed music anytime soon without immediate guidance from Islamic Brotherhood -- then we may return to cricket as guys playing for United Islamic States of Talibania spreading from Bangladesh to the KSA.

BC can become the Salafi cricket site it needs to be.

I genuinely respect your knowledge, experience and insight on many things, but i have to say the above is other end of the extreme. I know you said everything sarcastically, but the rhetorics in your sarcasm are disturbing. I think it's unfair to associate someone/ someone's intention with Islamic extremism just because he/she mentioned of a roti diet. I also personally felt that the idea was ridiculous and we shouldn't panic just after one loss against Afghanistan, but to read so much in between lines and find a connection to hidden Islamic agenda are totally unfair, IMHO.

Night_wolf
June 27, 2012, 11:32 PM

ok let me rephrase my lines.."when Ireland and Afghanistan players play in their OWN not foreign First Class system like us"......continue with my post

i know its EU's rule not england's..it doesn't matter even if i made that rule, Ireland and Netherlands are getting the benefit, why ireland is doing better than netherlands?..IMHO cricket is more popular in ireland than netherlands and they have real irish players where Netherlands has mixed group of players in their national team. again thats just my opinion you dont have to agree with this

they may well do much Better even if this comes true but right now playing in the strong FC system is helping them a lot..and its our fault that we have a ugly FC system

Ian Pont
June 28, 2012, 01:39 AM
ok let me rephrase my lines.."when Ireland and Afghanistan players play in their OWN not foreign First Class system like us"......continue with my post

i know its EU's rule not england's..it doesn't matter even if i made that rule, Ireland and Netherlands are getting the benefit, why ireland is doing better than netherlands?..IMHO cricket is more popular in ireland than netherlands and they have real irish players where Netherlands has mixed group of players in their national team. again thats just my opinion you dont have to agree with this

they may well do much Better even if this comes true but right now playing in the strong FC system is helping them a lot..and its our fault that we have a ugly FC system

Netherlands have performed superbly in the CB40 domestic English competition this year. They are improving fast and learning how to win. We have to remember that cricket is the 27th most popular sport in Holland and this is why they have struggled.

Ireland will gain Test status and they will be a force in our lifetimes. Their structure and coaching system is based on the ECB and played in schools.

Navo
June 28, 2012, 01:55 AM
^^ I wonder what it would be like if Germans really took to cricket. (I know there are some clubs in Berlin and other major cities but those are run mainly by expats) One German friend of mine started playing cricket while he was at school in India and within a couple of months he was already a pretty good fast bowler, delivering well directed, neck high bouncers at good pace and causing Indian batsmen to jump! (It helps that he was 6 foot 3 when he was 17!)

Zeeshan
June 28, 2012, 02:13 AM
rifat bhaya to dekhi reeti-moto junaid bhaier bhokto hoye Galen* dekhi.

Night_wolf
June 28, 2012, 03:07 AM
Netherlands have performed superbly in the CB40 domestic English competition this year. They are improving fast and learning how to win. We have to remember that cricket is the 27th most popular sport in Holland and this is why they have struggled.

Ireland will gain Test status and they will be a force in our lifetimes. Their structure and coaching system is based on the ECB and played in schools.

thats what i meant..it'll be nice to see what ireland can do when they have test status..at least they wont do worse then us

playmaker
June 28, 2012, 04:13 AM
I dont really see a big future for cricket in European countries. There are tons of other sports out there and only delusional people can see cricket becoming popular there. Thats why Asia is one place where cricket can really catch people's minds...b4 spreading the globe.

And ive seen people like Dhoni and Dravid, as well as chris cairn spreading the game in some of the south eastern parts of Asia :up: :up:

Leafs PWN
June 28, 2012, 12:19 PM
I like how one loss to AFG means they have a better future than us.

I also like how beating India, Sri Lanka, South Africa and so on still means we haven't learn how to win.

Ian Pont
June 28, 2012, 01:28 PM
I like how one loss to AFG means they have a better future than us.

I also like how beating India, Sri Lanka, South Africa and so on still means we haven't learn how to win.

You mixing two different things. Under 19s cricket is a lottery. Anyone can beat anyone to be honest, and as the Under 19s get 'too old' a new group comes through from below so it's always a fluid situation. So a loss to AFG Under 19s whilst embarrassing, is not shameful.

At full international level, beating India, SL and SA is usually not common. An odd win here and there proves very little.

If you want to gauge how Bangladesh is doing just use the raking points for Test Cricket as your guide. This will tell us all we need to start with.

kalpurush
June 28, 2012, 04:01 PM

Ha! Ha!! Thanks for the laugh!!!

Even our Ash and Co. beat your national team with ease. Keep dreaming buddy!!!

reyme
June 28, 2012, 07:40 PM
With ease? Wake up!
With Ash and co we barely beat them in the Asia cup T20....shabbir saved our day

reyme
June 28, 2012, 07:43 PM
If this loss is not a wake up call I don't know what is...it showed us how poor the team management was...how much we were lacking behind in preparation...showed us why we can't take AFG lightly anymore...they are here to stay

We should give credit where its due... But we must wake up and feel embarrassed!

playmaker
June 28, 2012, 11:42 PM
Lets not start being pessimistic after this defeat. First of all we have absolutely no clue about the pitch, whether it becomes better by the day or worse.

Second, few of the main players were missing

3rd, the match was a close contest which clearly means that we werent totally outplayed

4th, afghan had players of ages around 20 as well. Which is kinda unfair

cornerdtiger
June 29, 2012, 10:18 AM
cricket is one thing that can unify afghanistan. all the warring factions are crazy about cricket. when afghanistan played their first ODI they got good luck messages from both the Taliban and the government.
Hopefully once the country stabilizes their cricket can develop normally and they do have alot of potential.
and afghan refugees who play in the team are not pakistani the team is 100% afghan. even though many of them learnt their cricket in pakistan

tatsu-oga
June 29, 2012, 11:03 AM
I think everyone should remember Bangladesh U-19 team once beat Australia U-19 to become plate round champions in the tournament(I dont remember the year,2003 or 04),Mushy's U-19 team also beat England in a home series and lost to England in U-19 world cup in Malaysia,so it's not really a big deal in my opinion. By the way this same U-19 team that lost to Afghanistan beat England U-19 in England.

Ajfar
June 29, 2012, 10:41 PM
Lets not start being pessimistic after this defeat. First of all we have absolutely no clue about the pitch, whether it becomes better by the day or worse.

Second, few of the main players were missing

3rd, the match was a close contest which clearly means that we werent totally outplayed

4th, afghan had players of ages around 20 as well. Which is kinda unfair

So this is what it has come to from finding excuses for losing to India/Australia/England and now to Afghanistan.

jeesh
September 19, 2012, 11:11 PM
First time i watched them up close-and an entire match. They seem to be more about attitude than skill. They have this aggressive, brave spirit which gives them a tough look. But skillwise they have a lot to improve on-in batting, bowling and fielding. Only classy player is this guy called Mohammad Nabi.

Mridul
September 20, 2012, 06:39 AM
Their batsmen may not be technically correct. However, they are for sure much better power hitter than us. Mohammad Nabi can easily replace any of our middle order bastman in T20 & ODI.

Tigers_eye
September 20, 2012, 09:38 AM
We got everything too easy. Thus don't have the fight within us. DaFan is correct in his assumption.

Nadim
October 10, 2012, 12:50 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/584807.html

UAE trashed Afghans in ODI:D

CricketPagolChele
October 10, 2012, 07:44 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/584807.html

UAE trashed Afghans in ODI:D

Its OD not ODI....But I still love it !:flag:

Tiger444
October 10, 2012, 07:48 PM
Not surprised to see Afghanistan getting 70 all out. Their batsmen are aggressive but have poor technique and temperament. Still shows how they have a ways to go. It's good that they keep playing so they get practice.