PDA

View Full Version : Things we need to improve from Zim tour!

sage
March 14, 2004, 02:57 PM
We did good in Zim. We have 1 win in ODI and well fought 2. At the same time, watching Paki vs india game it is obvious that we need to improve further more to reach that quality cricket.:exclamation:

sage
March 15, 2004, 02:17 AM
Our batsman can do better! I think they can get situated now better. They batted almost 50 over in 3 games. They can improve on run rate issue. Try to cross 300. In ODI if U cross 300 there is a big chance that W is yours.:)

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 15, 2004, 01:06 PM
well sage scoring 300 is obviously a plus point that we are going to win the match. but sometimes it is not possible to score 300 because of reasons like the pitch and also the field i mean the outfield. ami mone kori je pitch a jeta competitive hobe sheta korlai kintu jotheshto. shob match a 300 korte hobe sheta kintu na. kono kono pitch a kintu 300 run o enough na. bharot pakistan matcha ai to dekhlen. abar kono kono pitch a 235 is a good fighting score. well run rate is ofcourse an issue. but i think we still have to work on the issue of staying the wicket first. because still we are having a collapse in the middle order or in the top order. we have to stop that. then we can start on working on to increase the run rate. dannabad.

sage
March 16, 2004, 02:45 AM
FRB good points! In Zimbabwe BD batted in very cautious mode. Thats the reason they were able to bat almost 50 overs.In next 1 or 2 series they should be cautious too. Mid order can be little more productive.
If those things happen then BD can switch from cautious mode batting style to little aggresive mode. Ekto hat khule bat kora arki.

Hasib
March 16, 2004, 04:15 AM
as fo our bowlers... they can't do anything without the support of the Batting... we could have won the 5th ODI... only if we didn't have that middle order calopse. Now we have to try and not throw matches away.

SS
March 16, 2004, 08:23 AM
first of all we need to be calm, confident, less emotional, and also have to improve our way of thinking and the style and strategy...it was so stupid for our most gifted bowler to create a situation like that. This chance don't come often, we won't meet Zimb in couple of years!!
neways, it's the fate..if the team don wana utilize wat can i say!

Ahmed_B
March 16, 2004, 12:34 PM
SS is so very reactive about our players 'Emotions' n 'Stupidity'!
.. mayb he(SS) shud be sent to the ground as an 'allrounder' to get BD to win.

Ur style of criticism is something tht our team doesnt need ... trust me!

and yes... i am agreeing with many other here.. BD has to make its batting quite less vulnerable and specially under pressure to make themselves a stronger team.

AsifTheManRahman
March 16, 2004, 06:45 PM
well i havent read what SS has to say, but i think that you have to learn to control your emotion and restrict your stupidity to a certain level to succeed...
we are all humans and so are the players, but they should have that ability

Zephaniah
March 16, 2004, 07:23 PM
Professionalism required through and through. Players should keep their emotions to themselves.

Zephaniah
March 16, 2004, 07:25 PM
.....and someone should tell them professionalism doesn't mean get paid handsomely. They should understand and implement every aspect of the game properly

BangladeshCricket
March 16, 2004, 07:30 PM
BD improved I agree but still batting is shaky and the most weakest part. Bowling is ok, just have to bowl with what assests we have. I hope Rafique and Masri comes back. Recently, I heard Masri won't be available for West Indies tour :(..He could have been a great help for us. But with Tapash we need a good pacer no doubt. And if we can click in top and middle order we will be fine.
and team effort will get us anothe win, what we have observed on our last precious win. Good luck to our team, and all the fans.

oracle
March 17, 2004, 06:51 AM
If we get 2 stable openers before the WI tour I will be happy. The rest will fall in place gradually.:)

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 17, 2004, 10:55 AM
durbhaggo,
bangladesh dole jeno akta na akta shomoshha legai thake. amni to amra mashrafee ke pabo na west indies tour a tarupor akhon rafiqueke niyeo shomoshha. dhuruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. mejaj kharap lagtese. taile ar oderke all out korar chinta na korleo cholbe. karon amader je boling line up tate akmatro taposhi jodi kichu akta kore. ar batting shomashha bishesh kore opening shomoshha to achai.

SS
March 17, 2004, 01:13 PM
Dear FRB,
I told you before I don know how long you with BD cricket..it will make u change ur whole thinking processs..they play so irresponsibly that even you will get irritated about ur ownself...they just suck they just suck

SS
March 17, 2004, 01:22 PM
thank you for your comment. I will do better than scoring ducks, or giving them 60 runs w/o an y wkts, or even getting into fight before a crucial match.
my solution will work because other solutions didn't work so far!! and it wont because other teams progresses are far more better than the team.

say
March 17, 2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by SS
first of all we need to be calm, confident, less emotional, and also have to improve our way of thinking and the style and strategy...it was so stupid for our most gifted bowler to create a situation like that. This chance don't come often, we won't meet Zimb in couple of years!!
neways, it's the fate..if the team don wana utilize wat can i say!

I agree with SS here. The situation that developed in ZIM tour is totally unwanted and we must recognize our faults.

But SS, I don't think this is a matter of 'fate' - if professionalism is one of our deficiencies, we need to improve it - can't just leave it up to 'fate'.

sasharif
March 17, 2004, 10:27 PM
I am happy with our progress in Zim. But there is no short cut to success. More hard work is needed. Thfe first thing we need is discipline. You don't have to be Steve Waugh or Tendulker to be disciplined and it does not need any extra talent. Who ever was responsible for the infamous Zim incidence, it is deplorable and should never be repleated. The other thing is better not to make any one hero prematurely. The sports journalists have to be careful not to write ......such and such scored a magnificent 30 odd runs and so so... No score bellow 50 can be magnificent. The players should get used to scoring 50 regularly before thay can be applauded. They need to know scoring 20 reuns does not make any one hero or a good batsman for that matter.

Warlock
March 18, 2004, 05:47 AM
Just want to add one thing. To score beyond 300 runs, we need at least 3 world class batsmen. India have 5/6, and Pakistan also have world class players like Inzamam and Yuhana. Do we have such players? My answer would be "no".
Its time I started praying to ALLAH so that HE makes Nafis Iqbal a great Bangladeshi batsman in a few years time (chuckle...).