PDA

View Full Version : *****The Raqibul "The Rock" Hasan Thread*****

MohammedC
June 29, 2012, 04:03 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/98200/98275.jpg

Raqibul Hasan (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56093.html)

Raqibul Hasan was one of the more inexperienced players in the Bangladesh squad for the Under-19 World Cup in Sri Lanka. One of his impressive qualities as a batsman is his ability to build an innings and thus protect his wicket. Hasan, who likes to be known as Nirala, broke into the U-19 team in the tri-nations series featuring England and Sri Lanka. He was very impressive in that tournament, scoring 249 runs, including an innings of 121 against Sri Lanka in only his third match. He made his ODI debut in the home series against South Africa in March 2008 and got a call-up to the Test squad later that year on Bangladesh's return tour. His positive 65 against West Indies in Grenada helped Bangladesh win their first Test series abroad. But things went downhill for Raqibul after the tour of New Zealand, when he was dropped for the home ODIs against England as well as the 30-man probables for the World Twenty20. He was selected for Bangladesh's home series against England in March 2010 but shocked his team-mates by announcing his retirement on the eve of the first Test. He withdrew his retirement a week later and the board included him for the ODIs against England.
Chris Oliver and Cricinfo Staff

Zeeshan
June 29, 2012, 04:05 PM
he's so getting out in that ball....

Nadim
June 29, 2012, 04:49 PM
Raqibul the only Bangladeshi player with a triple hundred in FC cricket:notworthy:

Rok the wall is our future in test cricket insallah:fanflag:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

TigerEz
June 29, 2012, 04:54 PM
Rocky khele na kichuna, to or match thread diya ki hobe? koi din dhoira khele nai r kobe khelbe ke jane?

Naimul_Hd
June 29, 2012, 06:12 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EIVyReNbuFA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EIVyReNbuFA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

MohammedC
June 29, 2012, 06:49 PM
Thanks Naimul for the video clip.

Naimul_Hd
June 29, 2012, 07:25 PM
Few more Shipon bhai.

Off-stump got uprooted :)

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/557206_379373268763451_201778329856280_1172424_206 0926737_n.jpg

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/188146_208526935828102_1236227_s.jpg

BANFAN
June 29, 2012, 07:32 PM
Naimul Bhai, Please post some inspiring stuff about him on his thread ... You started with all off stump rooted stuff.. Not fair ...Kufa Lagaien na bhai

Let's believe he will be back... I'm sure MoC bhai has a collection of some inspiring clips... Waiting to see those.

Naimul_Hd
June 29, 2012, 07:40 PM
^^ BANFAN bhai, i too wish him all the luck. Thus, i just wanted to point out his error so that everyone knows his shortcomings before supporting him blindly. :)

SS
June 29, 2012, 08:24 PM
he was not sure where was his off stump...domestic hiru international flop

BengaliPagol
June 29, 2012, 09:13 PM
I have hope in Rocky. He can be our no. 3 batsmen. He can be that solid player that we never had.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/raqibul-hasan-2010-1-3-9-40-27.jpg

I wish you the very best for your comeback, Raqibul Hasan

Ian Pont
June 30, 2012, 01:27 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EIVyReNbuFA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EIVyReNbuFA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

This was the best ball bowled in the World Cup IMO... seam angled in as if it's going to move in, then hit the seam and left Rocky from a perfect length.

I spoke to Shehzad after the match and he said it was one of the best balls he has ever bowled in England colours.

I don't know of any player n the world who could have played this.

Sohel
June 30, 2012, 01:36 AM
^But Rocky Ponting is expected to ;)

BANFAN
June 30, 2012, 02:10 AM
This was the best ball bowled in the World Cup IMO... seam angled in as if it's going to move in, then hit the seam and left Rocky from a perfect length.

I spoke to Shehzad after the match and he said it was one of the best balls he has ever bowled in England colours.

That's a huge compliment...

BANFAN
June 30, 2012, 03:56 AM
^^ BANFAN bhai, i too wish him all the luck. Thus, i just wanted to point out his error so that everyone knows his shortcomings before supporting him blindly. :)

I know bro..I didn't mean that... Didn't find an appropriate emo and didn't want to use :) ... Those were very good videos too... Knowing weakness is very important...never mind if I sounded different .. :)

M.H.Rubel
June 30, 2012, 05:02 AM
I want Rock to do good just to take a revenge against Lota.No matter i like him or not.

simon
June 30, 2012, 07:49 AM
Dekh Lega Rokibul. :flag:

Naimul_Hd
June 30, 2012, 08:47 AM
I know bro..I didn't mean that... Didn't find an appropriate emo and didn't want to use :) ... Those were very good videos too... Knowing weakness is very important...never mind if I sounded different .. :)

arey bhai, apni emon ki bolchen je ami mind kore boshe thakbo ar boss ar kache nalish diye dibo ? ami na ulta moja korlam, Lol. Moc bhai nischoi chete ashe 'the rock' er namey opobaad deyate :D

playmaker
June 30, 2012, 11:36 AM
why was he called DaRock in the first place? :umm:

MohammedC
June 30, 2012, 12:32 PM
why was he called DaRock in the first place? :umm:

I called him that about 4 years ago.

Nocturnal
July 1, 2012, 01:32 AM
Mo bhai : apnar sig to expire hoye jabe soon .... :p

Sig === WarWolf: Raqibul will be permanently dropped from the side in next 2 years ( Expires 10/10/12)

Rifat
July 2, 2012, 02:23 AM

hehehe, thank you for this reply. I had the exact thoughts crossing my mind, If I had stated the exact statement, I would have been bashed left and right. Because this statement is coming from Ian Pont, someone who coaches, it definitely had some merit!

Nonetheless, Roquibul has played some good knocks during his time with Bangladesh cricket from time to time Alhamdulillah!...I remember someone even opened a thread after he scored a 50 against Zimbabwe: "Raquibul the Beast" in late 2010. wish him all the best~! after a poor run of form in WC 2011, he was dropped from the side.

unfortunately, His Test Career never took off...

TigerEz
July 2, 2012, 09:48 AM
Amar kandon ashe, rocker jonno

MohammedC
July 10, 2012, 03:24 PM
[বাংলা]‘...যে বাদ পড়ে, সে-ই বোঝে’[/বাংলা]

http://paimages.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/340x1000/img/uploads/media/2012/07/10/2012-07-10-18-35-38-4ffc75fa4c148-12.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aTQ-uckspGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[বাংলা]ঘটনাটা একাডেমির ছোট মাঠে ঘটেছে। তবে কাল জাতীয় দলের বিপক্ষে টি-টোয়েন্টি প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচে রকিবুল হাসানের সেঞ্চুরি শুধু ছোট মাঠের সৌজন্যে নয়, তাঁর দুর্দান্ত ব্যাটিংয়েরও বড় ভূমিকা এতে। ‘এ’ দলের এই ব্যাটসম্যান এটাকে দেখছেন সব ধরনের ক্রিকেটে তাঁর সামর্থ্যের প্রমাণ হিসেবে
 টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচে সেঞ্চুরি করে ফেললেন। খুব খুশি?
রকিবুল হাসান: এক শ যেখানেই করেন, যেকোনো ব্যাটসম্যানকেই সেটা অন্য রকম আত্মবিশ্বাস দেয়। কতটা আনন্দ যে হচ্ছে, বলে বোঝাতে পারব না। তবে সবচেয়ে বড় কথা, আমরা জাতীয় দলকে হারাতে পেরেছি।
 আপনাকে সবাই ঠুক-ঠুক ব্যাটসম্যান হিসেবেই বেশি চেনে। কিন্তু আজ তো ফাটিয়ে দিলেন...
রকিবুল: এ রকম ভ্রান্ত ধারণা অনেকের থাকতে পারে। তবে আমি আশরাফুল ভাই, মাশরাফি ভাই ও সাকিবের অধীনে খেলেছি। তাঁরা সবাই বলেন, আমার ব্যাটিং সব ধরনের ক্রিকেটেই উপযোগী। আর আমার এমন অনেক পারফরম্যান্সই আছে, যেখানে আমি বড় রান করেছি, রানের তুলনায় বল কম হয়েছে।
 তাহলে মানুষের এই ধারণা কেন হলো আপনার ব্যাটিং সম্পর্কে?
রকিবুল: অনেক সময় টিম রুলস মেনে খেলতে হয়। হয়তো অন্যরা আক্রমণাত্মক ব্যাটিং করে, আমাকে মিডল অর্ডারে ধরে রাখার ভূমিকা রাখতে হয়। হ্যাঁ, অনেক সময় হয়তো আমিও প্রয়োজনের তুলনায় স্লো খেলেছি। তবে নিজেকে অতিক্রম করার চেষ্টা আমার সব সময়ই আছে।
 গত টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপে আপনি দলে ছিলেন। সামনে আরেকটি বিশ্বকাপ, আপনি জাতীয় দলের বাইরে। কেমন লাগে?
রকিবুল: বোঝেনই তো, কেমন লাগার কথা। খারাপ লাগে। তবে খেলোয়াড় হিসেবে আমি এটাকে ইতিবাচকভাবে নিচ্ছি। একজন খেলোয়াড়ের জীবনে এ রকম সময় আসেই।
 এখন তবু ‘এ’ দলের অনুশীলনে আছেন। মাঝখানে একদমই হারিয়ে গিয়েছিলেন। বিপিএলেও দল পাননি...
রকিবুল: বিপিএলে কেন দল পাইনি, আমি নিজেও জানি না। জাতীয় দলের খেলোয়াড়দের একটা আলাদা প্রেস্টিজ আছে। আমি খুব হতাশ হয়ে পড়েছিলাম—আমার দোষটা কী? আমি তো সব ধরনের ক্রিকেটই খেলতে পারি।
 ‘এ’ দলের হয়ে ভারত সফরে চার দিনের ম্যাচ খেলবেন। কোনো ব্যক্তিগত লক্ষ্য কি আছে?
রকিবুল: আমার কিন্তু দীর্ঘ পরিসরের ক্রিকেটের চেয়ে ওয়ানডের রেকর্ড ভালো। তবে আমি কোনোটাকেই আলাদা করে দেখি না। যেখানেই খেলি, ভালো খেলতে চেষ্টা করি। আমার সব সময় লক্ষ্য থাকে যেন আগের ম্যাচটা থেকে ভালো খেলতে পারি। ভারত সফরের জন্যও আলাদা কোনো লক্ষ্য ঠিক করিনি। ফাইনালের আগ পর্যন্ত তিন ম্যাচে ছয়টা ইনিংস পাব। চেষ্টা করব সেগুলোর সর্বোচ্চ ব্যবহার করতে।
 জাতীয় দলের নতুন কোচ রিচার্ড পাইবাস মাঠে বসে আপনার সেঞ্চুরি দেখলেন। খেলা শেষে কথা হয়েছে তাঁর সঙ্গে?
রকিবুল: ম্যাচের পর আমাদের টেন্টে এসে সবার সঙ্গে হ্যান্ডশেক করেছেন। আমাকে বললেন, আমার ব্যাটিং তাঁর ভালো লেগেছে। পরে সময় পেলে আলাদা কথা বলবেন। এ ছাড়া ভারত সফরের জন্য শুভেচ্ছা জানিয়েছেন সবাইকে।
 জাতীয় দলে ফেরা নিয়ে কি ভাবছেন?
রকিবুল: জাতীয় দল থেকে বাদ পড়া কত কষ্টের, সেটা যে বাদ পড়ে সে-ই শুধু বোঝে। আমিও রক্ত-মাংসের মানুষ। তবে পরিশ্রম করে যাচ্ছি। চেষ্টা করছি ফিরতে। বাকিটা নির্বাচকেরা ভালো জানেন।[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-07-11/news/272758

Rifat
July 10, 2012, 04:21 PM
Let me see his performance in the upcoming NCL, BPL, A Team I think then we can talk about National team!

MohammedC
July 24, 2012, 12:42 PM
Looks like Rokibul will be back soon. My signature which I am carrying for almost 2 years will go down in vain. Don't worry Sadi bhai I will still treat you next time I am in Bangladesh.

Here comes the haters.

Night_wolf
July 24, 2012, 12:44 PM
^^lol i knew this was coming

MohammedC
July 24, 2012, 12:45 PM
^^lol i knew this was coming

Well could he have done any worse ?

Habib
July 24, 2012, 01:40 PM
Ha ha where from this thread pop out again. Rokibul is comin to get ya.

z777
July 25, 2012, 11:59 AM
WarWolf: Raqibul will be permanently dropped from the side in next 2 years ( Expires 10/10/12)

Raqibul re ban kora dorkar,,,, ekhkhuni,,,
Naile shorbonash hoye jabe!

WarWolf
October 9, 2012, 12:57 AM
Who has won? Mohammed bhai or me?

Jadukor
October 9, 2012, 01:35 AM
WarWolf won convincingly!... good prediction man

Nadim
October 9, 2012, 01:35 AM
Aro ekdin baki...there r rumours bcb will make him T20 captain, that might even happen today who knows:)

BANFAN
October 9, 2012, 03:54 AM
Aro ekdin baki...there r rumours bcb will make him T20 captain, that might even happen today who knows:)

He is almost sure in the Test side .... And given our performances, you never know, when he comes back in every format again...:)

MohammedC
October 9, 2012, 05:28 AM

Congrats Sadi Bhai its time I get rid of my signature. And about the treat to a nice restaurant of your choice....that will have to wait until I come to Bangladesh or you come to UK.

But Rokibul must play Cricket in domestic leagues.

WarWolf
October 9, 2012, 01:49 PM
Congrats Sadi Bhai its time I get rid of my signature. And about the treat to a nice restaurant of your choice....that will have to wait until I come to Bangladesh or you come to UK.

But Rokibul must play Cricket in domestic leagues.
Thanks Mohammed bhai. I will wait for the treat.

Sohel
October 9, 2012, 10:54 PM
He cannot be written off yet. Other world class cricketers like Nazimuddin and Shahadat are also very much in the picture. Too bad potential HoFs like MS ShuVo, Mehrab "Jr" and of course, Khondokar Mohammad Rajin Saleh Alom continue to get the shaft. Outrageous and tragic for our cricket and country.

Rabz
October 9, 2012, 11:58 PM
Wasn't Rokibul the A Team captain against WI HP a few days back ??
So, how can you permanently write someone off who was given the leadership role in the A team ??

Yes, Sadi bhai has the upper hand given Rokibul is less likely to be considered for national team anytime soon, but he is far from being permanently dropped. Hec, he is only around 25ish or something.
This ain't over yet between you two. :D

zinatf
October 10, 2012, 12:28 AM
MoC Bhai time baran...don't think R:facepalm:ck's getting out yet :-p

jeesh
October 10, 2012, 02:23 AM
Did he perform for Bangladesh A against WI HP? From what i can remember only a couple of 30's. Nothing that should push the selectors to give him a place

Rifat
October 10, 2012, 11:38 AM
He had some classical knocks in the past, the last time I remember him playing a solid innings in the international arena was back in England 2010,(I opened that match thread lol ;), but we still lost) that retirement decision really dented his career in more ways than imaginable

BrianLara7
October 10, 2012, 11:56 AM
He has a better average than our shunar sele Ashraful, don't be surprised if he makes a comeback.. We really do love mediocrities.

MohammedC
October 10, 2012, 05:50 PM
Let him play the full season in NCL.

Gowza
October 11, 2012, 06:05 AM
not done enough for a comeback imo, plus despite his domestic 313* he didn't do much at all for the test team, similar to imrul really, did ok in ODIs for awhile though but imo there are better prospects than him now.

WarWolf
October 13, 2012, 01:09 PM
Rock is a good player in BD standard if you consider his techniques only. But he is much behind a lot of other players in BD in terms of temperament and mindset.

Let's see how far he can go. Wishing him all the success.

Tiger444
October 13, 2012, 01:26 PM
Rock is a good player in BD standard if you consider his techniques only. But he is much behind a lot of other players in BD in terms of temperament and mindset.

Let's see how far he can go. Wishing him all the success.

I think you got it the other way around bhai. His temperament is right up there with our other batsmen but its his technique that's behind the national team batsmen which is why he's rightly at the A team level. You can't expect to be successful when you get in position to get bowled or LBW'd so many times.

That being said, he's still got time on his side and coach Ian did point out that Rock is a good batsman who could serve for us but if he wants to be back, he really needs to improve on his technique and making sure he gets big scores and not be satisfied with 30's and 40's.

WarWolf
October 15, 2012, 04:10 AM
I think you got it the other way around bhai. His temperament is right up there with our other batsmen but its his technique that's behind the national team batsmen which is why he's rightly at the A team level. You can't expect to be successful when you get in position to get bowled or LBW'd so many times.

That being said, he's still got time on his side and coach Ian did point out that Rock is a good batsman who could serve for us but if he wants to be back, he really needs to improve on his technique and making sure he gets big scores and not be satisfied with 30's and 40's.
I still think it's about the temperament. Each time he is focused and dedicated for longer innings he has shown he can do it. The problem is with his focus most of the times.

Jadukor
October 15, 2012, 04:18 AM
I have to agree with Tiger444 here. I also think he has the temperament to block balls and survive but isn't able to due to lack of technique

SS
October 15, 2012, 12:48 PM
I still think it's about the temperament. Each time he is focused and dedicated for longer innings he has shown he can do it. The problem is with his focus most of the times.

focus harai ken ...is it for emotions..is he sinking sinking drinking water...if so where Buriganga

Sohel
November 10, 2012, 08:14 AM
So he got bowled for a :duck: today. So the F what, I say?

Stats are deceiving and results lie compulsively much in the way the Razakar community does in this country about their true identity and agenda.

He may not be scoring the "FC" 100s he can score with his eyes closed (4,7,13 and 0 being his captain's knocks in the last 4 innings), or winning as the captain of a usually formidable Dhaka Division team, but he is still the one and only Rocky! Denying him his rightful place in international cricket is the reason why he has not been allowed to perform the way he can in the NCL, the greatest FC tournament in the history of men and jinn.

BANFAN
November 10, 2012, 10:06 AM
Rock is the best cricketer in the history of Jinn and Insaan, he was persisted for 4 long years along with a few other geniuses currently invisible, in the national team, by the best coach of all times... Allegedly the creator of SAL & TI ... ....the chief destroyer of our cricket after 2007 WC....

Gowza
November 10, 2012, 04:30 PM
rock shouldn't even be in discussions at current, he should be nowhere near the national team, many others are performing much better than him.

al-Sagar
November 10, 2012, 09:50 PM
So he got bowled for a :duck: today. So the F what, I say?

Stats are deceiving and results lie compulsively much in the way the Razakar community does in this country about their true identity and agenda.

He may not be scoring the "FC" 100s he can score with his eyes closed (4,7,13 and 0 being his captain's knocks in the last 4 innings), or winning as the captain of a usually formidable Dhaka Division team, but he is still the one and only Rocky! Denying him his rightful place in international cricket is the reason why he has not been allowed to perform the way he can in the NCL, the greatest FC tournament in the history of men and jinn.

in form to be the part of history books

Sohel
November 11, 2012, 03:40 AM
Unlucky again for El Capitan as his team faces the grim reality of an NCL innings defeat.

MohammedC
November 11, 2012, 04:05 AM

Is Rokibul a Razakar ? Should have known about it.

Ajfar
November 11, 2012, 09:55 AM
^ That's not what Sohel bhai said Mo bhai. Read the line above the Razakar line.

RazabQ
November 11, 2012, 11:43 AM
Let's not throw the R war around loosely here folks - Mod

sharup
November 11, 2012, 11:56 AM
Rock is our next T20 hero.

i_1_primeval_man
November 11, 2012, 11:06 PM
Arey, shobai dekhi Rokibul the Rockstar ke niye onek moja kortesen. Apnara janen U19 e oke Flintoff naame daka hoito or chhokka marai parodorshitar jonno? Apnara janen ekdin practice e chhokka marar competition e amader Rockstar shobcheye beshi chhokka mere shobaike taak lagai disilo? Eishob janle thiki bujhten or shathe koto boro obichar kora hochche national team e oke na niye. R apnara asen sarcastic shob comments niye.

Sohel
November 11, 2012, 11:09 PM
Is Rokibul a Razakar ? Should have known about it.

Are you kidding me? I cannot believe you read English at that level! Just read the part you quoted and think about it.

MohammedC
November 11, 2012, 11:38 PM
Are you kidding me? I cannot believe you read English at that level! Just read the part you quoted and think about it.

Sorry Sohel bhai. Dont like "R" word. Hence over reacted.

Sohel
November 11, 2012, 11:43 PM

No hard feelings bro. I like the word even less, especially when I have to deal with them and their victims here in Bangladesh pretty much on a daily basis :)

Jadukor
November 12, 2012, 02:04 AM
seems like "The Rock" has become a dead-weight in his own team

shakibrulz
November 12, 2012, 06:02 AM
Your signature's expired right? :-p

MohammedC
November 12, 2012, 10:54 AM
Your signature's expired right? :-p

I am aware of it. I have a bet with warwolf bhai and until I fulfill my promise I wont take it down.

Nadim
November 12, 2012, 11:20 AM
Why r we talking about ROK anyway? Leave him Alone, let's concentrate on current nats players

MohammedC
April 19, 2013, 01:21 PM
Onek din pore uki dilam......

Apnara valo asen....onek din holo keu amare ekta gali dey na :sigh:

Nadim
April 19, 2013, 01:56 PM
http://www.catchindia.com/uploads/cricket/Raqibul-Hasan.jpg

reyme
April 19, 2013, 02:05 PM
Test is for specialist with grit, patience and strong determination to stay on the crease for a long time. Maybe its time we should build a team only for longer version!

MohammedC
April 19, 2013, 02:13 PM
Test is for specialist with grit, patience and strong determination to stay on the crease for a long time. Maybe its time we should build a team only for longer version!

But But we want to see boundaries and no ball wasters.

Nadim
April 19, 2013, 02:24 PM
But But we want to see boundaries and no ball wasters.

This is the problem. They wanted to waste balls today....what happened? Rok is no difference.

reyme
April 19, 2013, 02:35 PM
Well The Rock may not be the solution, but if he is let's pick him. We are playing test right after a T20 and a ODI series and it seems we are still in the shorter version mode....

Nadim
April 19, 2013, 02:42 PM
BS if thats the reason. If you cannot adopt with different format than stick to one format. who told them play all 3?? Tell the selector you dont wanna play all 3 format...

they r not the only ones who playes cricket. there r other nations too.

wktkeeper
April 19, 2013, 03:41 PM
we definitely need 3 different teams for 3 formats with 3 captain if possible. Rok or Marshal should be in Test squad instead of mullah

22Yards
April 19, 2013, 05:14 PM

I like the idea. If I was a fringe! player like da rock and co, I would have worked at playing loong version cricket because it is clear the newer generation is probably going to fill up ODI and T20 squad. This team needs a test team overhaul with players like Ayub etc.

Gowza
April 19, 2013, 07:07 PM
rock won't make a bit of difference to this team, honestly i reckon we've got the best team atm just swap riyad for mominul and someone for rubel and it's pretty much our best team. perhaps anamul could do better than jahurul also but aside from that this is our strongest team.

Roni_uk
April 19, 2013, 10:44 PM
I was thinking about this guy last night before going to sleep (yes how sad!)

Please bring him back. At least he would score 5 runs in 50 balls.

22Yards
April 19, 2013, 10:56 PM
I was thinking about this guy last night before going to sleep (yes how sad!)

Please bring him back. At least he would score 5 runs in 50 balls.

Then we should bring back golla as well. I saw his interview the other day.

Tiger444
November 20, 2013, 05:47 PM
Roqibul not thinking about Tigers call-up

Out of favour national cricketer Roqibul Hassan does not want to lose sleep thinking about a comeback and rather wants continue carrying on with his good form at the moment.
The right-hander played a match-winning unbeaten 98 off 64 on Wednesday to help Gazi Tank Cricketers earn a comfortable 142-run win over Kalabagan Cricket Academy in the Dhaka Premier League, showing glimpses of his old self.

‘I worked hard with my batting to develop my skills that would help me to apply myself according to the situation.’
Roqibul, who has scored 1308 runs in 55 ODIs, thanked his coach, Nazmul Abedin, for his new-look batting style.
‘I am grateful to Faim [Nazmul] sir because he had worked with my batting and helped me immensely.’
‘Earlier my stance was long; that had been changed and it is paying off.
‘He worked with my grip and after changing that I am much more comfortable now,’ he added.

http://newagebd.com/rssdetail.php?date=2013-11-21&nid=73693&nomobile=1#.Uo1cZn-9KSM

Good to see that he's staying focused on scoring runs in the DPL. As long as he continues to perform, it'll be hard for the selectors to ignore him and therefore he'll get selected.

Also great to see that he's worked on his technique. That was one his main issues so that's good he realized that. Other national discards seem like they don't change up their technique as they seem to have the same bad habits. So a good sign of Raqibul.

Jadukor
November 20, 2013, 07:54 PM
Naeem demonstrated perfectly what needs to be done to get back. Its not about one good innings but consistent string of scores both in the domestic and A team matches. A team matches are a better indicator

Tiger444
November 20, 2013, 09:11 PM
It's also about going back to domestics/A team, make whatever adjustments you need and try to show that you have improved in order to get recalled. Naeem did exactly that. Hopefully Raqibul can do the same, he doing well but still needs to continue

Gowza
November 21, 2013, 02:51 AM
good to hear he is working on things and he's able to implement them in match situations and perform, hopefully he can do it consistently. when you get dropped from the national team it's not just about going back to domestics and scoring runs, it's also about working on your weaknesses (which a player should do regardless of whether or not they're in the team anyway).

BanCricFan
November 23, 2013, 06:16 AM
Is he about to retire again? :)

BD Tigers
November 23, 2013, 11:18 AM
wow...the ROCK is in super form...another good innings by him...90 in 93 balls...keep it going...

do you SMEEEELLLLL what ROCK is cooking???? :D

MHRAM
November 23, 2013, 11:31 AM
Rokib must be on the same thing as Rohit Sharma

MohammedShamim
November 23, 2013, 11:53 AM
played according to the team's need. well done.

Tiger444
November 23, 2013, 12:44 PM
He's been in red hot form this year which is great to see. This will push Naeem and especially Riyad and Mominul to keep performing in ODIs.

BD_TigerZ
November 23, 2013, 12:51 PM
Still better than riyad.

cricketboy
November 23, 2013, 04:31 PM
An inform Raqibul at no 4/5 will add stability to our batting, specially in test matches where most of the batters are attacking players. But let us wait untill he performs well in BCL.

dark mage
November 24, 2013, 11:01 AM
I have always liked this guy. He can be the ideal 3 for us that we have been searching for so long. He always had the technique.

simon
November 24, 2013, 11:46 AM
lol, I just never thought a day will come when BC members will be wanting Rock back.
this just shows that we love them all, specially when they show good form.

Moh899
November 24, 2013, 12:24 PM
Im just observing all the love he's getting and saying to myself: Whao! humans are such a mystery! oneday they hate and the next they love!

dark mage
November 24, 2013, 12:33 PM
I never hated him and always liked this guy's technique and I believe it was Simmons strategybthat caused him to play slow

M.H.Rubel
November 24, 2013, 01:29 PM
I never hated him and always liked this guy's technique and I believe it was Simmons strategybthat caused him to play slow

You mean Siddons?

Max100
November 24, 2013, 02:46 PM
i have no problem with any player--if they showed form and consistency. i know some guys in this forum--when any player is out--never want them back. i am not in that group. inform players always welcome to my team

rock is always technically better player, all he need is consistency

Tiger444
November 24, 2013, 08:02 PM
lol, I just never thought a day will come when BC members will be wanting Rock back.
this just shows that we love them all, specially when they show good form.

I was thinking the same thing :lol:

Rock wasn't getting much love from the fans for a while because he wasn't doing anything special in domestics. The difference this time around is he's been dominating. It's hard to ignore somebody that's been performing at that kind of level.

You'd have to say that he'll definitely been in the talks of making a comeback in the national team by next tour.

Tigers_eye
November 24, 2013, 11:35 PM
Im just observing all the love he's getting and saying to myself: Whao! humans are such a mystery! oneday they hate and the next they love!
May not be the same members. Those who are silent are just sharpening the knife. One misstep....

Nadim
November 25, 2013, 01:10 PM
Ami kintu Rok er ek nombor fan, mo bhai er che'o boro fan ;)

MHRAM
November 25, 2013, 01:30 PM
Never in my short life was ever a big fan of Rokibul Hasan but if he performs like this and can carry on his performance to the FC matches then no one can stop him getting a spot in the national side.

dark mage
November 25, 2013, 01:46 PM
Thats where you misunderstand rock his performance in one-day has always been better when compared to tests

Tiger444
November 25, 2013, 01:50 PM
Thats where you misunderstand rock his performance in one-day has always been better when compared to tests

I think that's with most of our players and not just Rock. He has the makings to be a good longer version batsman too if he keeps working hard on his batting. He came up big in the BCL final score a century and a half century in the same match.

Gowza
November 25, 2013, 03:54 PM
he got 300+ in one innings at one time so of course he has some attributes for the longer version, can he do it at test level though, didn't do well in his previous run he's going to have to do a lot to get back there, plus the team is performing now.

mufi_02
December 10, 2013, 05:35 PM
Congrats Rokibul.

রকিবুলের বিয়ে
ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | আপডেট: ০১:৪৬, ডিসেম্বর ১১, ২০১৩ | প্রিন্ট সংস্করণ
১১-১২-১৩, মহাকালের পঞ্জিকায় অনন্য এই তারিখটা স্মরণীয় করে রাখছেন রকিবুল হাসান। আজই জীবনের নতুন ইনিংস শুরু করতে যাচ্ছেন বাংলাদেশ দলের বাইরে থাকা এই ব্যাটসম্যান। বাংলাদেশ দলের ক্রিকেটারদের মধ্যে এ বছর যেন ধুম পড়েছে বিয়ের। কদিন আগেই নতুন ইনিংস শুরুর ঘোষণা দিয়েছেন অধিনায়ক মুশফিকুর। বিবাহোত্তর সংবর্ধনা হয়ে গেল মার্শাল আইয়ুবের। এবার রকিবুলও বসছেন বিয়ের পিঁড়িতে। কনে মাহমুদা জান্নাত সোনিয়া, পড়েন স্নাতক প্রথম বর্ষে, রকিবুলদের প্রতিবেশী। আজই জামালপুরের দেওয়ানপাড়ায় রকিবুলের নিজের বাড়িতে বিয়ের অনুষ্ঠান হচ্ছে। তবে অনুষ্ঠানটা হচ্ছে একেবারেই পারিবারিক আবহে।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/95707/%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%AC%E0%A7%81%E0%A 6%B2%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0_%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%BF%E0%A7%9F %E0%A7%87

KalerKantho source says Nadim and MoC bhai was invited!!

MohammedC
December 10, 2013, 06:04 PM
Congrats to the couple. May Allah bless them with wonderful married life.

Tiger444
December 10, 2013, 10:11 PM
Best of luck to Raqibul and hope all goes well with them.

Sohel
December 10, 2013, 10:33 PM
I wonder how slow the wedding was. Maybe his gaye holud itself took several days to get going. Anyway, this wedding represents an official end to his international career. Thanks for the memories Noyon, NOT, but have a great life with your wife. :)