PDA

View Full Version : Batting Order ?

Pundit
March 14, 2004, 09:08 PM
Oh all knowledgeable ones -

I am baffled with the batting order used during the 5th ODI. Why

1) Did Rana open ? (worked out weel though, didn't it ?)

2) Why did Ash bat at 1-down ?

3) Why was Alok played if he didn't open (no Rafique ?)

4) Is Bashar suffering from a tremendous loss of confidence ?

5) Where is Aziz going from here ? (Has nothing to do with batting order).

Thanks.

Orpheus
March 14, 2004, 09:19 PM
Since I never even played "school" cricket in my life, I fit on the knowledgeable category. So here are the

Answers:

1) Experiment based on his temperament

2) To accelerate the run rate since we already had a solid opening partnership.

3) Alok is not an automatic Opener. He was tried there but failed. Now making him bat at his usual 5/6 spot

4) No Way. The man scored the highest just two days ago. And WE WON that game.

5) He is going to Bangladesh. The series is over.

You Welcome!

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 14, 2004, 09:40 PM
amar mone hoi openning ta thik hoise. kintu porer dike aisha oi one down ar por oto ulot palot korar mone hoi kono dorkar chilo na. oi oto ghataghati korte jai mone hoi oi obostha hoise amar. opening ar por je jaikhane chilo oikhanai thaka uchit.

fwullah
March 15, 2004, 04:16 AM
If it turns out like this that when Bashar scores 50, after being the captain, then Bangladesh wins, and if Bashar doesn't score a fifty, Bangladesh loses.

Then I WILL BE DELIGHTED.

oracle
March 15, 2004, 08:21 AM
-The Opening problem has not been solved in this series or shall we say it is "still under construction". However, unlike the Alok experiment, the Rana/Hannan partnership is worth further trials.

-Still our bowlers cannot restrict sides to 250 max, that is an area of concern. I am talking about their ability against sides better than Zimbabwe, which should be their goal.

-Most disturbingly as the last ODI showed, we have some players who have not responded to Whatmore's call for individual improvements. This is troubling because after a year you would expect some of the batsmen to start working on correcting their flaws.

For now, the outcome is just ok.
Finally as Orph has kindly hinted, the players have been away from home for a long time and just want to go back to their families or some home cooked food.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 15, 2004, 10:47 AM
wow it is interesting. so somone here is claiming that bashar's fifty was the reason why we won against zimbabwe. pretty interesting. jantam na. bhabsilam oidin doliyo performance a bangladesh dol jitsilo. akhon dekchi kothata thik na. akjon mone korchen shob shafollo bashar ar. jaihok tar jonno durbhaggo je basharke man of the match kora hoi nai. kora hoyechilo ashrafulke.

Tehsin
March 15, 2004, 10:22 PM
1. Rana is in great form, if he hadn't opened, he would have come in later after we had lost 5 wickets under 100 runs and he would have built a partnership with pilot to get the team to 180-odd. I don't know for sure that Rana is the man for the job. He did give us something to work with.
2. I understand the thought behind sending Ash at first down however, I would have sent either Sumon (I know, I know) or Rajin at first down as we still had plenty of overs and needed to build on the opening. Having said that, chor palale shobar-ee budhdhi barey.
3. Alok needs a break. He needs to find his inner Ashraful. :)
4. Sumon has been going through a slump. He either gets his fifty or goes out before reaching double figures. Only he can fix this.
5. Tareq may be able to grow with experience. He may not be world class but he sure takes wickets.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 15, 2004, 10:55 PM
well tareq is just not a good player. and oh je wicket paise oita or choddo gushtir bhaggo. amar mone hoi na mashrafee ashle oh doler dhare kase ashte parbe. beta 8ta kore wide dai. ar kapali needs some rest like ashraful had. ore akhon ghumaite lagbe. he should have some sweet dreams. tarpor abar he should start all over i think that is the best treatment for him. ar shobai thik ase. ar bashar ke thik moton khelte hobe. aita mama bari na je akdin run korbe ar onnodin ashar agai chole jabe math chere.

Tehsin
March 15, 2004, 11:47 PM
With any luck, Tareq may continue to be in the team, we carried Shujon, why not Tareq? - not much of a difference there. Tareq almost brought down the Pakistan team with a devastating three wicket haul. That was his shot to fame. Since that much, his contributions have been erratic - let's not forget his last over in our big win last week. However, I am loking forward to Masri's return and see if any of the under 19 players can fill the shoes for Tapash.

I am a little dissapointed with Tapash. Even though he is a better bowler then Tareq or the others, his stats don't show it.

Zimbabwe got lucky as we played without Masri. He may have been able to break through Streak's defense in one of the last two matches and given us our series win. We need him bad.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 16, 2004, 01:12 AM
jaihok,
i still dont understand the reason for comparing shujon with tareq. tareq is no where close to shujon. shujon now holds the best boling figures for bangladesh in one day and his batting is also good. i dont think we need a boler who will give 8 wides. and i think taposh is much better than tareq. he is consistent.