PDA

View Full Version : Shakib, Mushfiqur, Tamim, Sunny and Nasir selected at the inaugural SLPL auction

Equinox
July 5, 2012, 11:50 AM
http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25932&stc=1&d=1341502914

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-premier-league-2012/content/current/story/571164.html

zinatf
July 5, 2012, 11:53 AM
Source please? Can't seem to see your post...

Tiger444
July 5, 2012, 11:55 AM
It's on cricinfo now

frd
July 5, 2012, 11:57 AM
what is "A DRAFT SYSTEM" ?

MohammedC
July 5, 2012, 11:58 AM
The squads
Uthura: Shakib Al Hasan, Brendan Taylor, Kevon Cooper, Imran Farhat, Fidel Farhat, Fidel Edwards, David Miller, Dillon du Preez, Samuel Badree
Nagenahira: Mitchell Marsh, Imran Nazir, Travis Birt, Ahmed Shahzad, Ben Laughlin, Elias Sunny, Musfiqur Rahim, Nasir Hossain
Ruhuna: Shahid Afridi, Daniel Harris, Ryan Harris, Aaron Finch, Jerome Taylor, Nathan McCullum, Ryan McLaren, Richard Levi
Wayamba: Azhar Mahmood, Umar Akmal, Tamim Iqbal, Colin Ingram, Kemar Roach, James Faulkner, Abdul Razzaq, Brad Hogg
Kandurata: Saeed Ajmal, Misbah-ul-Haq, Sohail Tanvir, Chris Lynn, Dane Vilas, Albie Morkel, Johan Botha, Adam Voges
Basnahira: Brad Hodge, Marlon Samuels, Daniel Smith, Dirk Nannes, Robin Peterson, Tim Southee, Clint McKay, Cameron Borgas
Uva: Andrew McDonald, Umar Gul, Shoaib Malik, Callum Ferguson, James Franklin, Abdur Rehman, Hammad Azam, Chris Gayle

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-premier-league-2012/content/story/571164.html

MohammedC
July 5, 2012, 11:59 AM
Looks like we will support Nagenahira.

BTW who is Fidel Farhat !!!

Roni_uk
July 5, 2012, 12:01 PM
Oh wow.... Brilliant. Thank you Sri Lanka.
Wait.. Is this confirmed team or are they going thr' auction now?

Equinox
July 5, 2012, 12:03 PM
Tough for Ash. Poor guy must've thought he was a shoe-in. Do the owners of Nagenahira have some Bengali connection? Mushy, Nasir and Sunny all in the same team.

Roni_uk
July 5, 2012, 12:03 PM
Ps: love the team names... Better than our BPL team names... Basnihara is quite catchy :)

Kohli_Sox
July 5, 2012, 12:04 PM
Also great opportunity to get used to Sri Lankan conditions before T20 WC 2012

zinatf
July 5, 2012, 12:06 PM
I'll watch Uthura/Nagenahira and Wayamba matches for sure....but supporting...ahh....let's see....;)

MohammedC
July 5, 2012, 12:06 PM
Ps: love the team names... Better than our BPL team names... Basnihara is quite catchy :)

Translation in Bangla: Basnihara : Harle khobor ase (Baash dibo)

MohammedC
July 5, 2012, 12:07 PM
Equinox please edit post number -1 and add Cricinfo's link. Because I cant see what you posted.

zinatf
July 5, 2012, 12:09 PM
Haha!! Comeon tigers do amazingly well....then I can tease my SL friends and housemates even MORE *evil grin*

AbuDarda
July 5, 2012, 12:18 PM
Mash and Ash are missing.....

Maysun
July 5, 2012, 12:26 PM
WOW this is brilliant. But aren't they allowed to field only 2 foreigners?

PoorFan
July 5, 2012, 12:28 PM
SLPL players list looks better than BPL.

Maysun
July 5, 2012, 12:28 PM
I'll watch Uthura/Nagenahira and Wayamba matches for sure....but supporting...ahh....let's see....;)

Pretty sure we'll be supporting the franchises who will field our players :D

rinathq
July 5, 2012, 12:29 PM
Hope they dont get the same treatment as IPL. I see Shakib in every game because he is clearly the best player of his team.

and one of mushy, Nasir, Elias will make the XI quite often... probably Elias as will be very effective in Lankan conditions

It will be hard for Tamim to get chances i gues.. Azhar, Colin, Umar, Razzaq, Hogg.... they are loaded with some "slighyly" average T20 players.

But surprised to see Elias and Nasir making it honestly... but equally happy to see them. Mashrafe could have been in but no Ash. he doesnt need more popularity... he can go play for the county if he has a chance

rinathq
July 5, 2012, 12:33 PM

Because they have all Indian franchises thats why...

TigerEz
July 5, 2012, 12:37 PM
it wasn't an Auction.It was a lottery.Ke kon category te chilo eita dewar por jana jabe je ke koto taka pabe.

Yes....SLPL declared earlier that they won't do any auctions.Players will be categorized and they'll be drafted to teams,so that there is a right balance and no absurd amount of money is spent for players.

Maysun
July 5, 2012, 12:50 PM
We've got our best players in there and it will do good before the WT20

TigerEz
July 5, 2012, 12:51 PM
^^ thats the bad thing! we need some of our weak players in there too.

Leafs PWN
July 5, 2012, 12:54 PM
Draft is the best way to go for building teams. Good choice.

zahidnyc
July 5, 2012, 01:22 PM
ohh man i cant believe that they choose musfiq nasir ellias over riad , masraafie and razzak , i think they made the biggest mistake , i just they perform bcz if they dont its gonna be a bad image for the country for sure

TigerEz
July 5, 2012, 01:25 PM
They didnt pick bro...it was a lottery...teams gotta accept who they got.

mali007
July 5, 2012, 01:34 PM
Ash. will be upset . Sl was his lucky ground ( made history as an youngest centurian ).

cricman
July 5, 2012, 02:28 PM
The Players Picked wont go on Tour of the West Indies right?

cricheart
July 5, 2012, 04:00 PM
Nice to see no English & no Indians. Even no associate nations players! And lot of big names opt out. Good luck slpl; its looks like more/less another BPL, basically will cared by four countries only. Waiting to see "Who cares" G. Boycott comment soon. :)

MohammedC
July 5, 2012, 04:21 PM
The Players Picked wont go on Tour of the West Indies right?

Looks like.

rinathq
July 5, 2012, 04:45 PM
Nagenahira looks the strongest and no its not because there are 3 bengalis
first of all they have Nazir and Shehzad together.... both of them can be very destructive. Also has Mitchell Marsh and Birt, again great T20 players. Nagenahira will have Mathews as their icon. If they can pick up 1-2 quality seamers from domestic pool than the squad will look great

other than that, Ruhuna also looking good... deadly actually with Mallinga, Afridi, Finch, Nathan
but only thing about Ruhuna is, its filled with inconsistent players and thats why i think Neganahira is looking the best.

Uva has to heavily depend on Gayle cause others dont stand out nearly as much. Ferguson can shine but was a failure in Pune.

Shakib has the weakest team really. Imran Farhat?? Really? one good thing though that he will probably play all the game

Hope Tamim learns a thing or 2 from Mahela at Wayamba

But honestly, attract Indians and BPL will be much bigger than SLPL.

BANFAN
July 5, 2012, 06:14 PM

I think some payers will pullout after hearing the money on offer...I don't think the players will get amounts comparable to IPL/BPL etc...

playmaker
July 6, 2012, 03:39 AM
I think if its just random drafting then Im afraid thats a POOR system. Simply because there is a chance of Imbalance between teams...and also a case where a team lacks players in a certain departmant for example if u look at nagenihara they dont have any quality pacer but if u look at Basnahira theyve got: CLINT MCKAY, TIM SOUTHEE and DIRK NANNES. So not the best system.

If it the drafting was more like, from the this category, one player is drafted then it wudve been fairer. An auction probably is the best way to go as the teams are made according to the wish of the owners and management and also the players are paid according to demands. But ofcourse, its their system and we shudnt really care...Nevertheless, no team looks Over-dominant over the other.

Anyways while most of u are liking that there are 3 BDs in 1 team it means that when 1 of them plays it rules out the chances for the others to play...from my POV

Zunaid
July 6, 2012, 03:44 AM
Well SLPL was supposed to have mirrored the NBA draft system - so it's not random drafting.

playmaker
July 6, 2012, 04:12 AM
Uthura: Shakib Al Hasan, Brendan Taylor, Kevon Cooper, Imran Farhat, Fidel Edwards, David Miller, Dillon du Preez, Samuel Badree
Nagenahira: Mitchell Marsh, Imran Nazir, Travis Birt, Ahmed Shahzad, Ben Laughlin, Elias Sunny, Musfiqur Rahim, Nasir Hossain
Ruhuna: Shahid Afridi, Daniel Harris, Ryan Harris, Aaron Finch, Jerome Taylor, Nathan McCullum, Ryan McLaren, Richard Levi
Wayamba: Azhar Mahmood, Umar Akmal, Tamim Iqbal, Colin Ingram, Kemar Roach, James Faulkner, Abdul Razzaq, Brad Hogg
Kandurata: Saeed Ajmal, Misbah-ul-Haq, Sohail Tanvir, Chris Lynn, Dane Vilas, Albie Morkel, Johan Botha, Adam Voges
Basnahira: Brad Hodge, Marlon Samuels, Daniel Smith, Dirk Nannes, Robin Peterson, Tim Southee, Clint McKay, Cameron Borgas
Uva: Andrew McDonald, Umar Gul, Shoaib Malik, Callum Ferguson, James Franklin, Abdur Rehman, Hammad Azam, Chris Gayle

These are the key players...and from my point of view there is some sort of imbalance :umm:

M.H.Rubel
July 6, 2012, 05:55 AM
The way number of T20 tourney is increasing i just wonder what is the future of cricket? I recon there will be a huge revolution in cricket in next 2-3 decades.

kalpurush
July 6, 2012, 06:00 AM
ohh man i cant believe that they choose musfiq nasir ellias over riad , masraafie and razzak , i think they made the biggest mistake , i just they perform bcz if they dont its gonna be a bad image for the country for sure
Good selection I must say - Mash and Razzak are not that effective in T20 IMHO.

kalpurush
July 6, 2012, 06:08 AM
Four foreign players would be allowed to play in one match and a highest of six players could be purchased by one franchise I believe.

kalpurush
July 6, 2012, 06:10 AM
The way number of T20 tourney is increasing i just wonder what is the future of cricket? I recon there will be a huge revolution in cricket in next 2-3 decades.
Test cricket would be played on the Boxing days and during celebration of MCC anniversary!

shakibrulz
July 6, 2012, 06:45 AM
Why is Farthead in ShakFu's team? Ash is better than him by miles. Retarded drafting.

Tigers_eye
July 6, 2012, 07:10 AM
four foreigners can play.

HereWeGo
July 6, 2012, 08:37 AM
All these leagues and Champions league will only be followed extensively if one player is associated with one Franchise only and not multiple franchise. Than there would be fan following and Champions league will also be much more competetive. Right now the system is totally flawed.

playmaker
July 6, 2012, 09:16 AM
All these leagues and Champions league will only be followed extensively if one player is associated with one Franchise only and not multiple franchise. Than there would be fan following and Champions league will also be much more competetive. Right now the system is totally flawed.

I prefer the present system. Imagine if gayle played in only IPL. And if its the type of system you want then we will end up seeing all the players opting for IPL only and none left for other leagues.

And no1 gives a damn abt CLT20. Its just a place for IPL teams to practice and for other teams to give a chance for the players in some of the other teams to impress in order to get a contract

mufi_02
July 6, 2012, 09:36 AM
I prefer the present system. Imagine if gayle played in only IPL. And if its the type of system you want then we will end up seeing all the players opting for IPL only and none left for other leagues.

And no1 gives a damn abt CLT20. Its just a place for IPL teams to practice and for other teams to give a chance for the players in some of the other teams to impress in order to get a contract

I don't prefer the present system. Players jumping from one league to another and slowly they lose their exclusivity. Football season run concurrently but just imagine Messi playing for Barcelona, Boca Juniors and Man U. Yes we would love to see more of Messi but in the process he will lose his enigma. Now look at Gayle, who is the best T20 player, playing in IPL, Big Bash, BPL, SA League and now SLPL. I lose interest like this.

dash
July 6, 2012, 09:36 AM
the system is like this because the seasons for this tournament is short and the players are only contracted for the duration of the season....if seasons lasted for close to a year then only one could get a situation where a player plays for only one team...that too wont be a good thing for domestic t20 competition other than ipl...because all the players would turn up for the ipl teams because they pay more money...

cricheart
July 6, 2012, 09:56 AM
Looks like Bangladeshi players will earn bellow average mark in SLPL. Top earner is Chris Gayle at a $100k followed by Afridi at $50k.

Saleries for BD players in SLPL-
Shakib $25,000
Mushfiqur $20,000
Tamim $18,000
Nasir $16,000
E Sunny $12,000 (2nd lowest, lowest is Brendon Taylor $10k)

PP (http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=4943869&postcount=1) CI (http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-premier-league-2012/content/story/571164.html)

zinatf
July 6, 2012, 10:06 AM
Looks like Bangladeshi players will earn bellow average mark in SLPL. Top earner is Chris Gayle at a $100k followed by Afridi at $50k.

Shakib $25,000
Mushfiqur $20,000
Tamim $18,000
Nasir $16,000

Source/link please?

kiwibd
July 6, 2012, 10:32 AM
Source/link please?
its in the original article on cricinfo, just been edited to show their prices

shakibrulz
July 6, 2012, 10:49 AM
Shakib just 25K? Insanity. Rest sounds about right.

playmaker
July 6, 2012, 10:58 AM

Shakib $25,000
Mushfiqur $20,000
Tamim $18,000
Nasir $16,000

PP (http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=4943869&postcount=1) CI (http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-premier-league-2012/content/story/571164.html)

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

$25000 for shakib srsly? When afretard is paid 50Ks :facepalm: Even 75000 seems a lot less. I wont be suprised if players try to avoid this tournament for other leagues or purposes.

Anyways its gonna be a super flop of a tournament regardless of how many BIG NAMES are there in the league esp. when you know that at most 20% of the tickets will be sold out.

And they said SLPL will be better than BPL. :down: to them

TigerEz
July 6, 2012, 11:07 AM
Shakib should skip this....like really ....

he's not someone who needs to get use to the conditions or anything cuz he too COOL!

others can play this...but shakib bhai, take another break before T20 CUp

Equinox
July 6, 2012, 11:59 AM
Shakib at 25k is pretty ridiculous. Guys like Mitchell Marsh, Callum Ferguson and Andrew McDonald are getting more than him. But then again Ajmal and Akmal too are getting 25k each, which is equally ridiculous. Looks like like the IPL, they too are infatuated with no-name Aussies.

AbuDarda
July 6, 2012, 12:03 PM
ধুর এই কয়টা টাকার জন্য শ্রীলংকায় গিয়ে মাসব্যাপি খেলার জন্য বসে থাকতে হবে??? বিপিএলে আমাদের দেশী খেলোয়ারদের সর্বনিমম্ন মূল্যও তো ২০০০ ডলার ছিল,সেখানে এই লিগে সাকিবই পাচ্ছে মাত্র ২৫০০০ ডলার! যে আফ্রিদি বিপিএলে চুক্তিবদ্ধ হয়েছিল সাড়ে সাত লাখ ডলার সে কিনা এখানে পাবে মাত্র পঞ্চাশ হাজার! একেবারেই দরিদ্র লীগ! সুপার ফ্লপ হবে নিশ্চিত!

zinatf
July 6, 2012, 12:09 PM
Everyone, calm down please. I know 25k for Shakfu's unthinkable alright, but I doubt he'll think for the money......he's mentioned that it's getting the practise from playing t20 in Lankan pitches that will count the most for this upcoming t20 WC....plus he has already been getting so much money from other tourney and product endorsements...money's less likely to be a matter here...

BANFAN
July 6, 2012, 12:09 PM
I.....l.l..l.....

Anyways while most of u are liking that there are 3 BDs in 1 team it means that when 1 of them plays it rules out the chances for the others to play...from my POV

Fans have no end of expectations....:)

A few months before, we were even happy Tamim sitting and earning money ... Now three players in one team at least guarantees any one of them are surely playing in every match....and still you have complains??? :)

BANFAN
July 6, 2012, 12:11 PM
ধুর এই কয়টা টাকার জন্য শ্রীলংকায় গিয়ে মাসব্যাপি খেলার জন্য বসে থাকতে হবে??? বিপিএলে আমাদের দেশী খেলোয়ারদের সর্বনিমম্ন মূল্যও তো ২০০০ ডলার ছিল,সেখানে এই লিগে সাকিবই পাচ্ছে মাত্র ২৫০০০ ডলার! যে আফ্রিদি বিপিএলে চুক্তিবদ্ধ হয়েছিল সাড়ে সাত লাখ ডলার সে কিনা এখানে পাবে মাত্র পঞ্চাশ হাজার! একেবারেই দরিদ্র লীগ! সুপার ফ্লপ হবে নিশ্চিত!

I'm sure, many will pull out...

playmaker
July 6, 2012, 12:12 PM
Everyone, calm down please. I know 25k for Shakfu's pretty low alright, but I doubt he'll think for the money......he's mentioned that it's getting the practise from playing t20 in Lankan pitches that will count the most for this upcoming t20 WC....plus he has already been getting so much money from other tourney and product endorsements...money's less likely to be a matter here...

well, the players may play for the practice but from a personal point of view he may not like it. He is gonna be paid $25000 for 3 weeks of cricket :-| Forget shakib, think abt sunny, he will be paid $12000 so financially not a tempting tournament...even DPL provides more money to players..

Ajfar
July 6, 2012, 12:16 PM
I don't prefer the present system. Players jumping from one league to another and slowly they lose their exclusivity. Football season run concurrently but just imagine Messi playing for Barcelona, Boca Juniors and Man U. Yes we would love to see more of Messi but in the process he will lose his enigma. Now look at Gayle, who is the best T20 player, playing in IPL, Big Bash, BPL, SA League and now SLPL. I lose interest like this.

Ya but how long is football season- pre season, regular season, chamoions league. While T20 leagues last for 1 month and that too is too much. What's he gonna do in the rest of the 11 month when there is no international series going on. T20 format was made for guys like Pollard and Gayle, without players like these guys the game becomes much less interesting.

MSM B2C
July 6, 2012, 12:20 PM
Rule: Important

Out of the 9 overseas player, The franchise will only select 6!!!

Therefore it is possible that Mushfiq, Elias, Nasir will not be selected unless owners want them in 6!

rinathq
July 6, 2012, 12:22 PM
Preliminary SLPL squads of all the teams:

Uthura: Shakib Al Hasan, Brendan Taylor, Kevon Cooper, Imran Farhat, Fidel Edwards, David Miller, Dillon du Preez, Samuel Badree, Chamara Kapugedara, Jehan Mubarak, Farveez Maharoof, Janak Gunaratne, Nilanka Premaratne, Mahela Udawatte, Chathura Peiris, Akalanka Ganegama, Roshen Silva, PHD Kaushalya, Sandun Weerakkody, Madra Lakmal, Sohan Boralessa, Yohan de Silva, Madushanka Ekanayake, Muttiah Muralitharan

Nagenahira: Mitchell Marsh, Imran Nazir, Travis Birt, Ahmed Shehzad, Ben Laughlin, Elias Sunny, Mushfiqur Rahim, Nasir Hossain, Nuwan Kulasekara, Angelo Perera, Ajantha Mendis, TM Sampath, Sachith Pathirana, Suraj Randiv, Gayan Maneeshan, Chammera Dushmantha, Shaminda Eranga, Udara Jayasundera, Kanishka Alvitigala, Sajeewa Weerakoon, Andy Solomons, Ishan Jayaratne, Charith Sylvester, Angelo Mathews

Ruhuna: Shahid Afridi, Daniel Harris, Ryan Harris, Aaron Finch, Jerome Taylor, Nathan McCullum, Ryan McLaren, Richard Levi, Lahiru Thirimanne, Chamara Silva, Prasanna Jayawardene, Dilruwan Perera, Ramith Rambukwella, Tharanga Lakshitha, Gihan Rupesinghe, Shaluka Karunanayake, Denuwan Rajakaruna, Malinga Bandara, Kasun Madushanka, Dananja de Silva, Shanuka Dissanayake, Gayan Wijekoon, Chaminda Vidanapathirana, Lasith Malinga

Wayamba: Azhar Mahmood, Umar Akmal, Tamim Iqbal, Colin Ingram, Kemar Roach, James Faulkner, Abdul Razzaq, Brad Hogg,Dinesh Chandimal, Isuru Udana, Kushal Janith Perera, Akhila Dhananjaya, Kaushal Weeraratne, Shehan Jayasuriya, Suranga Lakmal, Milinda Siriwardana, Chathuraga Kumara, Nimesh Perera, Chaminda Vaas, Alankara Asanka, Dashun Shanaka, Malinga Pushpakumara, Dilesh Gunaratne, Mahela Jaywardene

Kandurata: Saeed Ajmal, Misbah-ul-Haq, Sohail Tanvir, Chris Lynn, Dane Vilas, Albie Morkel, Johan Botha, Adam Voges, Thisara Perera, Thilan Samaraweera, Kosala Kulasekara, Kithruwan Vithanage, Kaushal Lokuarachchi, Jeevantha Kulatunga, Malinda Warnapura, Chanaka Welegedara, Sanath Jayasuriya, Dilhara Lokuhettige, Tharanga Paranavitana, Romesh Buddika, Chintaka Perera, Kaushal Silva, Niroshan Dikwalla, Kumar Sangakkara

Basnahira: Brad Hodge, Marlon Samuels, Daniel Smith, Dirk Nannes, Robin Peterson, Tim Southee, Clint McKay, Cameron Borgas, Jeevan Mendis, Rangana Herath, Indika de Saram, Danushka Gunathilaka, Dhammika Prasad, Lahiru Jayaratne, Rushan Jaleel, Sachitra Serasinghe, Nuwan Pradeep, Dimuth Karunaratne, Amal Athulamudali, Sanjaya Gangodawila, Nadeehra Nawala, Thilan Tushara, Ishara Amerasinghe, Tillakaratne Dilshan

Uva: Andrew McDonald, Umar Gul, Shoaib Malik, Callum Ferguson, James Franklin, Abdur Rehman, Hammad Azam, Chris Gayle, Sachithra Senanayake, Thilina Kandamby, Upul Tharanga, Dilshan Munaweera, Dilhara Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Chintaka Jayasinghe, Sameera Zoysa, Seekkuge Prasanna, Ashan Priyanjana, Vishva Fernando, Lahiru Madhushanka, Akila Ishanka, Dinesh Darshapriya, Saliya Saman, Ashen Silva

Equinox
July 6, 2012, 12:26 PM
well, the players may play for the practice but from a personal point of view he may not like it. He is gonna be paid $25000 for 3 weeks of cricket :-| Forget shakib, think abt sunny, he will be paid $12000 so financially not a tempting tournament...even DPL provides more money to players..
Bhai, $12,000 is still good money. You're making it sound like it's nothing. That's more than 12 times the GDP per capita of an average Bangladeshi earnt in three weeks. I'm sure Sunny won't be complaining as much as you are.

Just checked out the Nagenahira squad and there's only one regular keeper (CS Fernando) other than Mushy, and the last time he played in a T20 match was in 2009. So there's a good chance Mushy might be featuring regularly for them. And Shakib should be the first pick among the overseas for his team. Not sure about the other three.

zinatf
July 6, 2012, 12:28 PM
Just like IPL.....jodi Shakib/Tamim/Mushy/Nasir/Sunny-ke khelano hoi tahole Uthura/Nagenahira/Wayamba ZINDABAAD! Ar na khelaile...HAAR...HAAR!

rinathq
July 6, 2012, 12:38 PM
Dont think Sunny will make it as the team has good spin options......

TigerEz
July 6, 2012, 12:40 PM
SLPL jeno boss giri na dekhay.....eita IPL na, je ora boss giri dekhabe! Boss giri sudhu IPL'e manay kintu slpl ba bpl e manay na!

mufi_02
July 6, 2012, 01:10 PM
Bhai, $12,000 is still good money. You're making it sound like it's nothing. That's more than 12 times the GDP per capita of an average Bangladeshi earnt in three weeks. I'm sure Sunny won't be complaining as much as you are.

:up: $12,000 comes out to be almost Tk. 10 lakhs for one month. I think in Dhaka very few people makes that much money in a month.

But comparing to BPL, the salary is very low. BPL franchises were bought for around $1 million while in SLPL, all the franchises were bought by Indians for $5 Millions. Afridi made $700k in BPL but only $50k in SLPL

Equinox
July 6, 2012, 01:21 PM
:up: $12,000 comes out to be almost Tk. 10 lakhs for one month. I think in Dhaka very few people makes that much money in a month.

But comparing to BPL, the salary is very low. BPL franchises were bought for around $1 million while in SLPL, all the franchises were bought by Indians for $5 Millions. Afridi made $700k in BPL but only $50k in SLPL
I understand that but it's not like the two tournaments are conflicting so I don't get why people are comparing the two. And remember only the icons and the foreigners made big money from the BPL. So for someone like Sunny an extra 10 lakhs for three weeks' work is a lot especially since he would've been doing nothing otherwise.

deshimon
July 6, 2012, 01:37 PM
সাকিবকে মাত্র ২৫০০০ ডলার দেওয়া হবে। কিন্তু দেখলাম কিছু অখ্যাৎ খেলোয়াড়কে সাকিবের এর চেয়েও বেশি টাকা দেওয়া হবে।

Equinox
July 6, 2012, 01:38 PM
So the preliminary squads will have to be reduced to 18. Each team needs to cut two foreigners and four locals. Those who are cut will then go into a supplementary list and can be drafted into the main squad in case of an injury. I have a feeling Nasir and Sunny are at risk of being cut.

mufi_02
July 6, 2012, 01:39 PM
These pay scales argument also points to a change in players and fan's attitude. Gone are those days when a player (especially from Bangladesh) would grab any chance to play overseas to gain experience. Heck, they would even play for free in County, Ranji, Sheffield Shield. It was all about experience and exposure. Forget about players, now the fans even look at the money first and experience later.

I know any T20 league is at the same caliber as County or Ranji trophies. But it is not less important considering the fact that the WC will be played in that condition. There are a lot of benefits to play some competitive cricket in the same exact condition just right before the WC.

Mav
July 6, 2012, 02:04 PM
Good News. Since 4 Foreign players are allowed in each match, we can hope to see a BD player playing everyday in some team.

This is good for confidence, as it gives them the belief that they are in the league of elite players of the world. Asia cup performance after BPL was a reflection of it, i believe so.

Would have loved to see Mahmudullah getting in, but i guess his T20 stats isnt that impressive.

playmaker
July 7, 2012, 04:20 AM

Just checked out the Nagenahira squad and there's only one regular keeper (CS Fernando) other than Mushy, and the last time he played in a T20 match was in 2009. So there's a good chance Mushy might be featuring regularly for them. And Shakib should be the first pick among the overseas for his team. Not sure about the other three.

I will not disagree that 12Ks is less. Its a hell lot when you are giving it a Bangali.

But I want our boys to have much more and get the same amount of money as he deserves. e.g. he gets bought for 425Ks and someone like daniel christian is bought for 900Ks. Anyways dont want any further arguements. Ill be just happy to see the boys getting paid properly, with no pay delays :)

Rabz
July 7, 2012, 04:33 AM
Money is secondary in this case.
It is all about proving their worth, if given a chance.
Except Shakib, all the other four have a point to prove, show the world that they belong to this stage.
Tamim, despite his big hitting reputation, failed to get a single game in the IPL and for the rest three, just being picked itself should be a cause of celebration.
If our "regular" boys like Mushy, Nasir and Sunny does well in this league, it will open doors for other players in the coming years.
Also, this should be seen as a great opportunity to acclimatize with the local condition just prior to the world cup.

Rifat
July 7, 2012, 05:48 AM
Alhamdulillah! This is excellent news.

Remember, The T20 World Cup is also in Sri Lanka, This is an excellent opportunity to get used to the conditions...

Rifat
July 7, 2012, 05:52 AM
Shakib should skip this....like really ....

he's not someone who needs to get use to the conditions or anything cuz he too COOL!

others can play this...but shakib bhai, take another break before T20 CUp

I would have to disagree on this one, Istiaque.

Life is all about Momentum, you just keep going... Don't Stop till you drop! no player is inferior, every player has a bad day at the office, plus it will give him an added advantage right before the World Cup, He will get used to the conditions...

playmaker
July 7, 2012, 07:22 AM
I would have to disagree on this one, Istiaque.

Life is all about Momentum, you just keep going... Don't Stop till you drop! no player is inferior, every player has a bad day at the office, plus it will give him an added advantage right before the World Cup, He will get used to the conditions...

And if you look at his team there is hardly much stars so he is the main player alongside Murali so a lot of focus will be on him and thats good. :)

Tigers_eye
July 7, 2012, 11:18 AM
Hishabey ektu gondogol hoiye gasey. 15 days plus semis and finals. So basically a two week tourney. Making 25k in 2 weeks is not bad. How much do you make in two weeks?

By the way, did BPL pay all the players in full?

al Furqaan
July 7, 2012, 12:04 PM
Even jaya and vaas are only getting 35k, son for boss to get 25 and sunny to get 12 is fine. This also shows the financial gap between us and SLC is same as btween us and BCCI proportionately.

rinathq
July 7, 2012, 01:55 PM
why are we complaining about money?? Shakib, Tamim, Mushy eder poishar obhab ase? Shakib er poisha lagle Shakib onno league e khelte pare. And Nasir and Sunny should feel lucky to get selected ahead of Mash, Raj, Riyad, Ash. I doubt they are concerned abour money.

What could be better? we have 5 XI players who are getting paid to practice at the WC conditions with good players> TBH other than Shakib, no other player has even proved nearly enough to actually be there! There are lots of other Pakistani, Aussie, West Indian players that are better T20 players that are missing! For example, Narine, Awais Zia, Cameron Smith, Mathew Wade, D. Smith, Ed Cowen and lots of other players that are proven and would have been available.

rinathq
July 7, 2012, 02:00 PM
oh but, looks like
Moody will be coaching Shakibs team,
Bayliss will coach Tamims team
Shane Duff will coach Mushy, Nasir, Elias

In short, we got the best coaches in the league for our players :)

TigerEz
July 7, 2012, 02:07 PM
^^ where did u get that news from?

dash
July 7, 2012, 03:09 PM
http://www.newagebd.com/detail.php?date=2012-07-08&nid=16279
All 5 Tigers may not play in SLPL

Staff Correspondent

All the five Bangladeshi players who have been picked up by Sri Lanka Cricket for the forthcoming Sri Lankan Premier League might not be fortunate enough to get a chance to play in the competition as the franchises will trim down the number of foreign recruits.
Initially each of the seven franchises was given eight foreign players but now the franchises have been asked to reduce the number to six.
Sakib al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Mushfiqur Rahim, Nasir Hossain and Elias Sunny were included in the competition via draft system for Uthura, Wayamba and Nagenahira. The new decision means some of them might miss the cut.
Among the Bangladeshi players, all-rounder Sakib fetched the highest $25000 followed by national skipper Mushfiq, who was sold for $20000. Tamim Iqbal earned a price tag of $18000 while Nasir and Sunny cost their franchises $16000 and $12000.
‘The teams will now prune that list down to 18 players of 12 Sri Lankan and six foreign players,’ cricket web site ESPNcricinfo quoted a tournament organiser as saying on Saturday.
‘The remaining six players — four Sri Lankan and two foreign — then become part of the supplementary list for their respective teams. In case of an injury to a player in the primary squad, teams will be allowed to replace the injured player with a player from the supplementary list,’ it added.

Severus
July 7, 2012, 11:40 PM
From Facebook: tamim iqbal's fanpage

নিজের ভুলের জন্যই এসএলপিএল খেলতে পারছেন না আশরাফুল
শ্রীলঙ্কান প্রিমিয়ার লিগে (এসএলপিএল) খেলার খুব ইচ্ছে ছিলো মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুলের। কিন্তু নিজের ভুলে তিনি খেলতে পারছেন না।
এসএলপিএলে খেলার জন্য অনলাইনে নিবন্ধন করতে হয়েছে বিদেশি ক্রিকেটারদের। বিষয়টি জানা ছিলো না আশরাফুলের। যখন জানতে পেরেছেন তখন নিবন্ধন করার মতো যথেষ্ট সময় হাতে ছিলো না,‘আমি এবং তামিম আগেরবার সাইন করেছিলাম। কিন্তু এবার যে নতুন নিয়ম করা হয়েছে তা জানতাম না। তামিম তার এজেন্টের মাধ্যমে নতুন করে নিবন্ধন করায় খেলতে পারছে। যে সময় নিবন্ধন শেষ করে দেওয়া হবে তার একঘন্টা আগে আমি এজেন্টের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ করলে জানায় আমার নাম এসএলপিএলে নেই। আমাকে নিবন্ধন করতে হবে। তখন আর করতে পারিনি। এখন আপসোস করে লাভ নেই, ইংল্যান্ডে তো আমার খেলার সুযোগ আছে।’
আশরাফুল কেন্ট প্রিমিয়ার লিগের দল ব্ল্যাকহিথে খেলেন। জাতীয় দলে ফেরার আগে দারুণ কিছু ম্যাচ খেলেছেন। আয়ারল্যান্ড এবং নেদারল্যান্ডসে টি-টোয়েন্টি সিরিজ শেষে দেশে ফিরবেন না আশরাফুল। ইংল্যান্ডে থাকবেন তার দল ব্ল্যাকহিথের হয়ে খেলার জন্য। শনিবার বাংলানিউজকে তিনি বলেন,‘ইংল্যান্ড ে খেলার জন্য বিসিবি থেকে আমি আগেই অনুমোদন নিয়ে রেখেছি। জাতীয় দলের খেলা শেষ করে ক্লাবে যোগ দেবো। দেশে ফিরবো ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ যাওয়ার আগে।’
কেন্ট লিগে ২৮ জুলাই, ৪, ১১, ১৮, ২৫ আগস্ট ম্যাচ খেলবেন আশরাফুল।এরপর দেশে ফিরে আসবেন জাতীয় দলের ক্যাম্পে যোগ দেওয়ার জন্য।
বিসিবি একাদশ নামে বাংলাদেশ দল ত্রিনিদাদ এন্ড টোবাগো যাবে ২ সেপ্টেম্বর। সেখানে চারজাতি টি-টোয়েন্টি টুর্নামেন্ট খেলবো।

ADMIN SR

TigerEz
July 7, 2012, 11:49 PM
^^ r u another admin from a fb fanpage?

playmaker
July 8, 2012, 03:56 AM
I wont be suprised if sunny gets a chop, and nasir may get just survive. Mushy will stay ofcourse, he is more than a valuable player in his team, WK, batsman and captaincy material

1iram1
July 8, 2012, 03:33 PM
why are we complaining about money?? Shakib, Tamim, Mushy eder poishar obhab ase? Shakib er poisha lagle Shakib onno league e khelte pare. And Nasir and Sunny should feel lucky to get selected ahead of Mash, Raj, Riyad, Ash. I doubt they are concerned abour money.

What could be better? we have 5 XI players who are getting paid to practice at the WC conditions with good players> TBH other than Shakib, no other player has even proved nearly enough to actually be there! There are lots of other Pakistani, Aussie, West Indian players that are better T20 players that are missing! For example, Narine, Awais Zia, Cameron Smith, Mathew Wade, D. Smith, Ed Cowen and lots of other players that are proven and would have been available.

Narine, yes, Zia sucks (wild slogger), No such player, Wade is defensive, Smith yes, Cowans a test specialist.

BengaliPagol
July 8, 2012, 07:18 PM
Who is Cameron Smith? Isnt it Cameron White?. This isnt footy.

rinathq
July 8, 2012, 08:38 PM
Who is Cameron Smith? Isnt it Cameron White?. This isnt footy.

typo........

Gowza
July 8, 2012, 09:50 PM
i hope sunny doesn't get cut, he's a really good prospect, he'd be a great asset to any of these teams.

Isnaad
July 9, 2012, 08:59 AM
Wondering what would happen if Shakib is dropped :rolleyes:

dash
July 9, 2012, 09:29 AM

jalao, pura, hortal, oborod.and yes slpl er gushti shudho kilano....it all seems an understatement

zinatf
July 9, 2012, 11:00 AM

Ken? IPL-er kahini eto taratari bhule geso ;)

lamisa
July 10, 2012, 12:04 AM
kheluk bhaloi, desher foreign currency reserve e contribute koruk

Maysun
July 10, 2012, 09:17 AM
Looking at Wayamba's foreign recruits: Azhar Mahmood (30,000), Umar Akmal (25,000), Tamim Iqbal (18,000), Colin Ingram (20,000), Kemar Roach (25,000), James Faulkner (25,000), Abdul Razzaq (25,000), Brad Hogg (25,000), I won't be surprised if Tamim doesn't make it through. There are some established T20 players there who have proven their worth in the Big Bash & FriendsLife T20.

I think it will be a toss between Umar Akmal & Tamim Iqbal.

AbuDarda
July 10, 2012, 09:19 AM
hishabey ektu gondogol hoiye gasey. 15 days plus semis and finals. So basically a two week tourney. Making 25k in 2 weeks is not bad. How much do you make in two weeks?

By the way, did bpl pay all the players in full?

বিপিএলও কিন্তু মাত্র ১৯ দিনের টুর্নামেন্ট ই ছিল। আর এতদিনে অবশ্যই প্লেয়ারদের পেমেন্ট ফুললি পরিশোধ হয়ে যাওয়ার কথা,নইলে মিডিয়ার হাকডাকে থাকা যেত নাকি? আর টিম মে যেসব লাফঝাপ আর হুমকি দিচ্ছিল সেগুলা হঠাত্‍ হাওয়া হয়ে যাওয়া থেকেই বোঝা যায় পেমেন্ট অলরেডি ক্লিয়ার্ড!

Roni_uk
July 11, 2012, 05:32 AM
have they announce the schedule it?

BANFAN
July 11, 2012, 06:17 AM
jalao, pura, hortal, oborod.and yes slpl er gushti shudho kilano....it all seems an understatement

Eigula kisu e hobey na.... He will stay at home and prepare for WC only. It's their right to take or drop a player.

Why there should be jalao porao? These are underworld Don type thinking.... :)

dash
July 11, 2012, 08:29 AM
Eigula kisu e hobey na.... He will stay at home and prepare for WC only. It's their right to take or drop a player.

Why there should be jalao porao? These are underworld Don type thinking.... :)

dont take my post very seriously banfan bhai..... shakib probably wont care the rats a@@...its his fans who will indulge into cyber vandalism :)

Equinox
August 5, 2012, 06:52 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>On the way to srilanka....pray for us.. <a href="http://t.co/iwcPzjPb" title="http://twitter.com/mushfiqur15/status/232003710228783104/photo/1">twitter.com/mushfiqur15/st…</a></p>&mdash; Mushfiqur Rahim Mitu (@mushfiqur15) <a href="https://twitter.com/mushfiqur15/status/232003710228783104" data-datetime="2012-08-05T06:42:50+00:00">August 5, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

playmaker
August 5, 2012, 06:57 AM
No sunny, not suprised.

Inexperienced players are not the demand of today's world. Sunny was brilliant in the T20 format but he is still young

Equinox
August 5, 2012, 06:58 AM
^Who do you think is taking the picture?

playmaker
August 5, 2012, 07:09 AM

According to some sources the foreign player shortlist is out and sunny apparently did not make it.

And FYI, someone else may have taken it, maybe an agent, someone passing by, attendant watever

WorldCup11
August 5, 2012, 07:28 AM

Someone from mile high club?

abherath
August 20, 2012, 04:27 AM
Looks like we will support Nagenahira.

BTW who is Fidel Farhat !!!

Fidel Edwards and Imran Farhat metamorphosed into one person due to an accidental on-field collision during the last West Indies Vs Pakistan series ? :facepalm:

playmaker
August 20, 2012, 09:03 AM
Fidel Edwards and Imran Farhat metamorphosed into one person due to an accidental on-field collision during the last West Indies Vs Pakistan series ? :facepalm:

lol good one