PDA

View Full Version : ICC U19 CWC 2012: Bangladesh Squad 

Zunaid
July 6, 2012, 07:19 AM
Friday, 06 July 2012

Media Release

ICC U19 CWC 2012: Bangladesh Squad 

The Bangladesh Cricket Board announces the following squad for the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2012 to be held in Brisbane, Australia. The players will report to Bangladesh Under 19 Head Coach Sarwar Imran at the BCB National Cricket Academy tomorrow (07 July) at 5pm. 

The team is scheduled to play three limited overs practice matches at the Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium, Khulna against a BCB Invitational XI on July 17, 18 and 20. The Bangladesh side departs for Australia on 27 July:

SQUAD

1. Anamul Haque (Captain)
2. Quazi Nurul Hasan (Vice Captain)
3. Asif Ahmed
4. Soumya Sarkar
5. Salman Hossain
6. Md Ala Amin
7. Nur Hossain
8. Musaddek Hossain
9. Nayem Islam
10. Nasum Ahmed
11. Abu Jayed Chowdhury
12. Taskin Ahmed
13. Dewan Shabbir Ahmed
14. Abu Haider
15. Litton Kumar Das

Stand by: Asif Hasan, Aslam Hossain, Touhid Tarik Khan, Md Jasim Uddin, Faizur Raman, Yasir Ali Chowdhury  

WorldCup11
July 6, 2012, 07:24 AM
Welcome to Brisbane guys , Enjoy the weather :)

kalpurush
July 6, 2012, 07:30 AM
Good luck kids - make us proud :flag:

Nadim
July 6, 2012, 07:31 AM
Great squad.3 wk bat in the team and gd to see Anamul is the captain.

But where is the guy who picked up 9 wk vs Qatar? Not even in the reserve, plus missed the game vs Afghanistan in AC, so means injured:(

Good to have back Taskin and Abu Jayed.

weakest link is Salman Khan, too slow AFAIK
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Nadim
July 6, 2012, 07:35 AM
My XI:

1) Somiya Sarkar (RM)
2) Asif Ahmed (OS)
3) Anamul Haque
4) Liton Kumar
5) Al Amin (OS)
6) Mosaddek Hossain (OS)
7) Nurul Hassan
8) Nur Hossain (LS)
9) Dewan Shabbir (RFM)
10) Abu Haider (LFM)
11) Taskin Ahmed (RF)

Nurul hassan is the VC, means he will play and more likely to keep ahead of Anamul. Don't knw if it is gd or bad:waiting:

zinatf
July 6, 2012, 07:52 AM
Good luck 19....make us all proud and welcome to Brisbane, Australia ;)

Ajfar
July 6, 2012, 08:02 AM
Good squad. It will be really tough in OZ condition, still anything less than 2nd round berth will be disappointing.

Good news for us Americans, Espn 3 will telecast the games live!

Nadim
July 6, 2012, 08:05 AM
Good squad. It will be really tough in OZ condition, still anything less than 2nd round berth will be disappointing.

Good news for us Americans, Espn 3 will telecast the games live!

there is like 3/4 games per day...are they gonna show all of them???

if not then we might get to see Ban vs SA...50/50 vs SL. no chance vs Nabibia

Ajfar
July 6, 2012, 08:11 AM
there is like 3/4 games per day...are they gonna show all of them???

if not then we might get to see Ban vs SA...50/50 vs SL. no chance vs Nabibia

Check the espn3 site and than check under upcoming. I can't access espn3 on my phone. Now you can only use their app from your phone but you have to be account with one of their network provider

Nadim
July 6, 2012, 08:12 AM
Fixtures for BD U19:

Sat Aug 11
23:30 GMT (prev day- | 09:30 local00:30 BST
Bangladesh Under-19s v Sri Lanka Under-19s
Allan Border Field, Brisbane

Sun Aug 12
23:30 GMT (prev day) | 09:30 local
00:30 BST
Bangladesh Under-19s v South Africa Under-19s

THU Aug 16
23:30 GMT (prev day) | 09:30 local00:30 BST
Bangladesh Under-19s v Namibia Under-19s
Peter Burge Oval, Brisbane

Very tough group. Should win against Nabibia and win against either SL or SA should see us though in the 2nd round. Allah malik!!!

Edit: two back to back game for us in 2 days....both against tough opposition...not fair :sick:

Nadim
July 6, 2012, 08:14 AM
Strangely we got to face SA once against before the real match. We playing two warm up games, one against Scotland 7 Aug and the other is against SA U19 on the 8th Aug.

Nadim
July 6, 2012, 08:15 AM
Check the espn3 site and than check under upcoming. I can't access espn3 on my phone. Now you can only use their app from your phone but you have to be account with one of their network provider

wish espn3 was available in uk without doing illegal s*** :( but never mind...as long as i can watch espn 3 ;)

MohammedC
July 6, 2012, 09:42 AM
But where is the guy who picked up 9 wk vs Qatar? Not even in the reserve, .............

Abu Haider is in the squad.

MohammedC
July 6, 2012, 09:43 AM
wish espn3 was available in uk without doing illegal s*** :( but never mind...as long as i can watch espn 3 ;)

Does the old trick still works ?

Naimul_Hd
July 6, 2012, 09:53 AM
no expectation whatsoever. If they can make it to next round, that will be a big achievement.

HereWeGo
July 6, 2012, 10:02 AM
Three good batsmen, two wicket taking but wayward fast bowlers and a decent leggie (who got massacred against Afghanistan btw)!! I dont think there is anyway we will beat South Africa or Srilanka (hope i am wrong)...

This squad is as bad as the one where Mithun Ali was the captain...

Nadim
July 6, 2012, 10:05 AM
Does the old trick still works ?

haven't tried it for ages...but should work ;)

will try it when i need it...:D

KaaL-PurusH
July 6, 2012, 10:36 AM
planning to go down to Brisbane to see these kid...good luck lads

shakibrulz
July 6, 2012, 10:51 AM
Fine squad, good luck lads. Although where's Abul?

roman
July 6, 2012, 10:53 AM
Good luck. Glad that they brought back Anamul to U19.

TigerEz
July 6, 2012, 10:56 AM
Everyone knows the truth here....but afraid to say it....the truth is that they wont win a single match....for so many reasons

playmaker
July 6, 2012, 11:08 AM
Everyone knows the truth here....but afraid to say it....the truth is that they wont win a single match....for so many reasons

BD U-19 are royal chokers

TigerEz
July 6, 2012, 11:13 AM
BD U-19 are royal chokers

u got that right...i like how everyones saying its a good squad and all that crap but the truth is that they'r too scared to say the truth....the truth is we'r gonna loose all the matches and come back home loosing!

BanglaFans r too nice/too forgiving to our teams!...we need to treat the team how it deserves to be treated! we should give buttywhooping to our players sometimes!

ahnaf
July 6, 2012, 11:51 AM
^we are always very good at u19 but somehow find a way to get out the Wc before the Semi everytime.. Dont mix it up with the National team situation...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

zinatf
July 6, 2012, 11:52 AM
I hope McInnes joins the U19 team soon

AbuDarda
July 6, 2012, 11:52 AM
There are four changes in the squad that played in asia cup: Anamul huq,liton kumar das,taskin ahmed and abu jayed choudhury...... all of them are senior cityzen of the team,hope they can lift the team sprit.

deshimon
July 6, 2012, 12:53 PM
Good luck young tigers. Hope for better success.

Habib
July 6, 2012, 01:42 PM
I hope McInnes joins the U19 team soon

Um I thought Sarwar Imran had been selected as their coach a few days back?

Equinox
July 6, 2012, 01:43 PM
I think McInnes will take charge of the Academy not the U19s.

al Furqaan
July 6, 2012, 02:03 PM
yea its gonna be tough for our perennial breeze-into-the-next-round-then-choke-like-bush cubs. Although depends on which lanka team shows up, the one that almost lost to afghans or the one that handily beat us.

WorldCup11
July 6, 2012, 03:49 PM
Fixtures for BD U19:

Sat Aug 11
23:30 GMT (prev day- | 09:30 local00:30 BST
Bangladesh Under-19s v Sri Lanka Under-19s

Sun Aug 12
23:30 GMT (prev day) | 09:30 local
00:30 BST
Bangladesh Under-19s v South Africa Under-19s

THU Aug 16
23:30 GMT (prev day) | 09:30 local00:30 BST
Bangladesh Under-19s v Namibia Under-19s
Peter Burge Oval, Brisbane

Very tough group. Should win against Nabibia and win against either SL or SA should see us though in the 2nd round. Allah malik!!!

Edit: two back to back game for us in 2 days....both against tough opposition...not fair :sick:

I can go to Allan Border Field for SA and SL matches, it's just 3 minutes drive from my home. these games are also on Saturday and Sunday. Cant' go to Namibia match, I have finished all my recreation leaves this year. That's also a 40 minutes drive from my place if I want to avoid toll roads.

TigerEz
July 6, 2012, 03:52 PM
any matches gonna be televised?

MohammedC
July 6, 2012, 05:23 PM
I can go to Allan Border Field for SA and SL matches, it's just 3 minutes drive from my home. these games are also on Saturday and Sunday. Cant' go to Namibia match, I have finished all my recreation leaves this year. That's also a 40 minutes drive from my place if I want to avoid toll roads.

Take pictures and video. Upload them regardless of win loss.

BANFAN
July 6, 2012, 06:52 PM
Good squad, best of luck...

BengaliPagol
July 6, 2012, 07:22 PM

dammit no matches in Sydney! I wouldve gone to watch but its in Brisbane. I was eager to watch Anamul, Asif, Soumya, Abu Haider, Abu Jayed and Al-Amin play. Wanted to see what people overhype about. ;)

Max100
July 6, 2012, 10:31 PM
We will win against Namibia only

Rabz
July 7, 2012, 12:39 AM
Good team.
The first match against the Lankans is the all important game for us.
That would be the group decider for both the team.
I believe our boys have what it takes to beat their Lankan counterpart.
Its all about getting used to the Aussie condition and both being from the sub continent with similar weather and playing conditions, no one will have any upper hand.

Inshallah our boys will come out victorious by making the most of the playing condition on that particular day.

Jadukor
July 7, 2012, 01:49 AM
Didn't we fail to chase 190 odd against the Lankan U19? What is even more worrying is how easily Afghanistan beat us in an ODI. Our batting always chokes and i hope this time since there is zero expectation, they will man up and progress to 2nd round.

zinatf
July 7, 2012, 02:46 AM
I was actually looking for the u19 team thread for 05/06. Heard that BD u19 was formidable and very much the favourites in that WC. Anyone please?

kalpurush
July 7, 2012, 03:53 AM
Sorry, I do NOT know the truth!

And how do you know they won't win a single match?
Do you even know whom do we are playing against? :)