PDA

View Full Version : Saqlain set to be Tigers’ spin bowling coach

Pages : [1] 2

Nadim
July 8, 2012, 01:32 PM
Former Pakistani off-spinner Saqlain Mushtaq is all set to join the Bangladesh national cricket team as their spin bowling coach for the next three months, said the officials of Bangladesh Cricket Board on Sunday.
‘We are negotiating with him and hope to get him in the Ireland series. We would like to keep him until the ICC World Twenty20 in September,’ Enayet Hossain Seraj, BCB’s cricket operation chairman, told New Age.
It is however not clear if Saqlain will come to Bangladesh to sign the agreement or will join the team in Ireland.
‘This is still in a negotiation stage. Hopefully we will get a positive feedback from him in a day or two,’ added Seraj.
Saqlain, famous for his pioneering role of doosra delivery, had 208 Test wickets and 288 one-day international wickets to his name.
His former bowling partner Mushtaq Ahmed also once acted as Bangladesh’s spin coach for a very short period.
http://newagebd.com/detail.php?date=2012-07-09&nid=16399

++++++++++

OMG!!! where did this came from???

Kohli_Sox
July 8, 2012, 01:45 PM
Great news; surely Razzak, Shakib bamboozling, puzzling batsmen with reverse SLA doosras soon

TigerEz
July 8, 2012, 01:57 PM
If Saqlain didnt say yes yet, then y is the title saying that he's all set??? and i dont think its a good idea having any kind of Pakistani coaches !...just dont think it will help...rather make things worse!

roman
July 8, 2012, 02:45 PM
If Saqlain didnt say yes yet, then y is the title saying that he's all set??? and i dont think its a good idea having any kind of pakistani coaches !...just dont think it will help...rather make things worse!

Please don't judge a coach based on his nationality. You have to look at his credentials.

I don't know if Saqlain have any prior coaching experience. And not sure what he can offer in just 3 months. Not too excited about Saqlain but want to hope for the best...

deshimon
July 8, 2012, 04:19 PM
It is a good news, he was one of the successful bowlers when he served his country even in county he did better. So we can hope for the best from him.

Shafir
July 8, 2012, 04:50 PM
If Saqlain didnt say yes yet, then y is the title saying that he's all set??? and i dont think its a good idea having any kind of pakistani coaches !...just dont think it will help...rather make things worse!
Why does it matter that he is a Pakistani coach? -.-

Hope he works out.

TigerEz
July 8, 2012, 05:06 PM
Not judging him by his nationality but for the team he played for! so many negative things about his team!...dont know if he's the right one!

Shafir
July 8, 2012, 05:26 PM
Not to be too pressing but what you said was " i dont think its a good idea having any kind of Pakistani coaches "
I just don't think bigotry should be tolerated.

BANFAN
July 8, 2012, 05:27 PM
If Saqlain didnt say yes yet, then y is the title saying that he's all set??? and i dont think its a good idea having any kind of Pakistani coaches !...just dont think it will help...rather make things worse!

I agree with you. Historically also, pak ex players haven't ever been able to deliver as a coach. Even in their own country...

If it had to be from Pak, I would have preferred WA for the pacers... That dept needed a boost... And Murali/Warne could have been a better option for the spinners...if at all a spin coach was at all needed before the T20 WC...it's not the time to tweak your strongest dept...Before a major tournament ...

Roni_uk
July 8, 2012, 06:29 PM
Oh good. Finally Saqlain will learn a trick or two from our world class spinners :)

BANFAN
July 8, 2012, 06:37 PM
You never know, May be Saqlain is being appointed by PCB to pass on our weaknesses and strengths to Pak team, to not to have any problem in the group stage should they lose to NZ.... :)

TigerEz
July 8, 2012, 06:59 PM
^^^ aaha! i knew it!

Antora
July 8, 2012, 08:37 PM
huh?! This was totally uncalled for. 0_o

Great News though :)

Tigers_eye
July 8, 2012, 09:52 PM
Not to be too pressing but what you said was " i dont think its a good idea having any kind of Pakistani coaches "
I just don't think bigotry should be tolerated.
Some have very bad memories of Mohsin Kamal. Losing to Canada after getting the test status heck not winning anything in 2003 WC....
+++
I for one, he will be under another coach (head coach). So do not think it is a bad idea. Plus few sessions with the academy team, few spin hunts can be a boost. Plus this is not a permanent deal.

akabir77
July 8, 2012, 09:53 PM
I agree with you. Historically also, pak ex players haven't ever been able to deliver as a coach. Even in their own country...

so you think waker or mohosin (their last coach) was not successful? I think waker is taking up australian job (btw he played at the same time as saqlain and no issue with him or saqlain was ever hard). so if australia had no issue why should we? now if u r saying this because 71 or u r dislike of pakistan (not you BANFAN bhai). then that's different.

AsifTheManRahman
July 8, 2012, 10:02 PM
Not that his origin matters, but I would think Saqlain the coach would be a product of the English system. He is, after all, an English citizen now, just as Mushtaq Ahmed - who isn't a bad coach - is as well.

TigerEz
July 8, 2012, 10:05 PM
so you think waker or mohosin (their last coach) was not successful? I think waker is taking up australian job (btw he played at the same time as saqlain and no issue with him or saqlain was ever hard). so if australia had no issue why should we? now if u r saying this because 71 or u r dislike of pakistan (not you BANFAN bhai). then that's different.

im not saying that for this....and jsut so u know the mighty OZ's dont want waqar anymore....they were interested but not any more :D

Ajfar
July 8, 2012, 10:14 PM
Oh good. Finally Saqlain will learn a trick or two from our world class spinners :)

Sarcastic remarks should have a limit. We are talking about a guy who was among one of the best when he played for his country. We are quick to jump the gun when our neighbors take shots at us, and now that we have just 1 shakib we are acting as if we are at the top of the world.

Zunaid
July 8, 2012, 10:15 PM
Even sarcastic remarks should have a limit.

Then they wouldn't be sarcastic. :)

Gowza
July 8, 2012, 10:16 PM
saqlain probably the best ODI spinner of all time, could be a terrific addition to the entourage.

Jadukor
July 8, 2012, 10:17 PM
im not saying that for this....and jsut so u know the mighty OZ's dont want waqar anymore....they were interested but not any more :D
I don't think the Aussies are mighty anymore (unless you are referring to the Wizard)... so far they are proving to be "dudh vaat" for England

If Saqlain teaches the Doosra then i will be happy but will he?

TigerEz
July 8, 2012, 10:27 PM
^^^ there u go....thats what i meant all this time...will he be willing to teach us the doosra? what if he makes us worser?? so many questions to remain unanswered.

Gowza
July 8, 2012, 10:34 PM
I don't think the Aussies are mighty anymore (unless you are referring to the Wizard)... so far they are proving to be "dudh vaat" for England

yeah hopefully he will teach it. i can understand him not letting others in on his secret during his playing days but he's not playing anymore so why not show others how to bowl it?

TigerEz
July 8, 2012, 10:35 PM
but wasnt he a offspinner? we have slow lefties,,,:/

Gowza
July 8, 2012, 10:38 PM
but wasnt he a offspinner? we have slow lefties,,,:/

yes he was an offspinner, we still have some offies like riyad and nasir, and mahmudul hasan though he's not in the national squad. but shakib etc are finger spinners like offspinners just the left handed version so i'm sure saqlain could still help, give a little insight.

Night_wolf
July 8, 2012, 10:48 PM
one thing is for sure we will see more hujurs in our team..lucky break for suvho?;)

Dhakablues
July 8, 2012, 11:35 PM
Get back to the news again...
We already have a pace bowling coach, no need for another one from WI at this monent unless appointed for A team or HP team.
Other than Mohsin, we didnt have other full time Pakistani coach other than Mudassar Nazar, who was our FIRST international coach and he did deliver during the early ICC days. We have had Aaqib Jabed, Miandad as short term consultants and they also did their part... so thinking Pakistani coach are not effective, I think we need to look at Graeme Swann under Mushtaque or the current Pakistan squad built by Mohsin Kamal, Waquar Yunis or Afghanistans rise by Rashid Latif etc.

Saqlain is one of the legendary players of international cricket. No point in doubting him as a player but as a coach, I am sure BCB is aware of something we arent. Prior to the WCT20, the fact that we are bringing in a spin coach is definitely a good sign.

zinatf
July 8, 2012, 11:45 PM
Wonderful news! I always liked Saqlain...woah! Still remember the WC1999 when he was at top form! Hope he teaches doosra and some quality techniques to our spinners....

ahnaf
July 8, 2012, 11:47 PM
This guy is a legend in international Cricket and the inventor of doosra still some of you criticising? Typical BC..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

betaar
July 8, 2012, 11:50 PM
I think it's a good move. Since he's not the main coach and only appointed for shorter period with T20 in mind, our spinners can definitely learn something. Finger or not, lefty or not, any of our spinners should pickup some trick from an experienced bowler,irrespective of his nationality, of his stature.

Isnaad
July 9, 2012, 12:45 AM
I also think it is a great move. I have been a fan of Saqlain since I was 3 years old. His test century against New Zealand (May be?) in 1997 was the first batting innings I had seen in my life. And since then I became a fan of his. His dominant performance with the ball made me a great fan of his after that. And his doosras were really amazing to watch. :)

RazabQ
July 9, 2012, 12:48 AM
I am a little wary about Shak becoming overly involved with a doosra. The doosra messed up Harbhajan and it could be the end of Shak's raging turners

al-Sagar
July 9, 2012, 12:55 AM
could be a good option.

we have lots of finger spinners, left and right ....... could be a good boost for all of them.

i dont think shakib need to learn new techniques from shakib, only needs to learn on consistency and mental toughness.

but the likes of sohagh gazi, sunny, shuvo, saqlain sajib and specially our batting allrounders like nasir, riadh, naeem, mahmudul hasn can learn some techniques to strengthen their bowling

RazabQ
July 9, 2012, 01:02 AM
al-Sagar - I'm combining this coaching news with the recent report that Shak wants to master a doosra as opposed to just the armer.

cricket_king
July 9, 2012, 01:05 AM
Of all the coaches they could find, they had to get a pakistani one. Why do we even need a "spin bowling coach"? This is the one department we've actually got under control. Some more fast bowling or batting coaches would probably serve us better.

Huda
July 9, 2012, 02:21 AM

If it had to be from Pak, I would have preferred WA for the pacers... That dept needed a boost... And Murali/Warne could have been a better option for the spinners...if at all a spin coach was at all needed before the T20 WC...it's not the time to tweak your strongest dept...Before a major tournament ...

There are very few spin bowling coaches around internationnaly. Warne and Murali do not coach nor would they, they have other commitments at this time. 3m time period is too short, a permanent spin coach should be hired as we have so many SLA's in the pipeline.

Huda
July 9, 2012, 02:23 AM
al-Sagar - I'm combining this coaching news with the recent report that Shak wants to master a doosra as opposed to just the armer.

The doosra is very hard to bowl with a straight arm never mind with a round action like shakib has. Razzak is more likely to be able to bowl it.

tkandi4
July 9, 2012, 02:38 AM
Before saying whether we need a spinning coach, please remember that our spinners (including Razzak himself) asked for a coach. I would like to see the coach come to BD and spend sometime with our promising spinners.

Maysun
July 9, 2012, 03:21 AM
This is great news. An ODI legend in the coaching staff soon probably. Excited to see what he has to offer :)

playmaker
July 9, 2012, 04:26 AM
me gusta

mufi_02
July 9, 2012, 08:34 AM
He will come only for 3 months. There is a lot to learn from this legendary player. I still remember his run up and his off spin was second only to Murali. It will be a good experience for our players.

KaaL-PurusH
July 9, 2012, 09:48 AM
shobai na abar khela chaira tablig shuru kore

Dhakablues
July 9, 2012, 12:01 PM

Bhai: Tablig kortey Pakistani lagey na... Tatenda Taibu porjonto retire korey Church e jog dilo ajkey,, as far as I know, no Pakistanis were involved!!

Navo
July 9, 2012, 01:29 PM
I remember hearing/reading somewhere that Saqlain is one of Shakib's favorite players....

BANFAN
July 9, 2012, 04:54 PM

I think he will, just like Ian's Butterfly....

No coach will ever give you the ultimate/lethal skill ...in a short stint... Well, he will ta
K about it a lot to secure a three year deal at premium price...

You can only expect some Bani in three months and that too with a major tournament in the middle....well, during the matches if the bowlers can get some guidance on where and how to bowl in different kind of pitches, that will be just ok ... That's max I will expect...

If our bowlers are cleaver enough to extract something additional (Formally/Informaly) and use those tips to build any new skills, later at their own time, that will be bonus...

rinathq
July 9, 2012, 05:20 PM
not only Raj, Shak, Sunny, Riyad but also Saqlain Sajib, Noor, Arafat, Enamul Jnr, Sanjamul, Shuvo, Shohag Gazi, Alok, Mosharraf, Nabil should be given a chance to learn a thing or 2 from Saqlain. We have a huge list of spinners, we need them trained properly

BengaliPagol
July 9, 2012, 07:14 PM
I remember hearing/reading somewhere that Saqlain is one of Shakib's favorite players....

yeah i think it was from one of the cricinfo articles.

jeesh
July 9, 2012, 11:30 PM
This is good news for Bangladeshi cricket. Combination of flat wickets and T20 cricket is affecting the performance of our spinners. They prefer to ball flat and straight. Result? They are predictable and easy to get away with.

I hope Saqlain is able to change their mindset. Spinners need to be able to beat batsmen with flight and variation. They must be able to force dismissals. Most of the time our guys wait for batsmen to make mistakes rather than try to outfox them.

F6_Turbo
July 9, 2012, 11:35 PM
I hope Saqlain(assuming he signs on) also lets them know about the dangers of using the doosra too often - he became scarily predictable towards the end.

Isnaad
July 9, 2012, 11:41 PM

I feel like :facepalm: when I see comments like this.

lamisa
July 9, 2012, 11:51 PM
^^^ there u go....thats what i meant all this time...will he be willing to teach us the doosra? what if he makes us worser?? so many questions to remain unanswered.

don't worry. no one can make us "worser" :)

KaaL-PurusH
July 10, 2012, 01:07 AM
I feel like :facepalm: when I see comments like this.

what makes u disappointed in my comment? don tell me sarcasm is forbidden here...

KaaL-PurusH
July 10, 2012, 01:12 AM
Bhai: Tablig kortey Pakistani lagey na... Tatenda Taibu porjonto retire korey Church e jog dilo ajkey,, as far as I know, no Pakistanis were involved!!

ya habibi..kaifa hal hal..u took it out of context...i meant it to the person and his characteristic...apparently i was being sarcastic...

KaaL-PurusH
July 10, 2012, 01:17 AM

my man!! stop being a ancient Chinese oldies who used be afraid to put their money into bank..lolll..take it easy

zinatf
July 10, 2012, 04:41 AM
^ you know you can use "multi-quote" button.....click the icon beside the "quote" button :)

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
July 10, 2012, 07:16 AM
If it is true, I am loving it.... Honestly He is one of best offspinners I have seen. In addition to that He is a game winner.

playmaker
July 10, 2012, 08:07 AM
Remember this guy gave tips to ajmal and now look where ajmal is...so our bowlers should try their level best to suck out as much juice out of him as possible rather than just doing what is told to do.

If our boys dont make the most of it there is no use of having a coach. Just like nanabhai said long time ago, the players dont want to put that extra effort

HereWeGo
July 10, 2012, 09:14 AM
Remember this guy gave tips to ajmal and now look where ajmal is...so our bowlers should try their level best to suck out as much juice out of him as possible rather than just doing what is told to do.

If our boys dont make the most of it there is no use of having a coach. Just like nanabhai said long time ago, the players dont want to put that extra effort

Ajmal is a chucker !!! True story....

Boomerang
July 10, 2012, 10:10 AM
Nice to know that. But he should stay for a year or two.

playmaker
July 10, 2012, 10:40 AM
Ajmal is a chucker !!! True story....

cant deny that ofcourse. Chucking makes spinning a hell lot easier so im pretty much against chucking....but I just want our bowlers to perform like ajmal atleast without choking. Certain people like warne and murali comes to my mind with the former being controversy-less and the latter with some allegations of illegal action though later on his bowling action was found legal

Kabir
July 10, 2012, 10:51 AM
"All set to join"...and "we're still negotiating"...

We just can't stop speaking prematurely, can we?

cricketboy
July 10, 2012, 08:31 PM
Saqlain confirms that discussion is going on to become Bangaldesh spin bowling coach.

http://www.pakpassion.net/articles/Im_in_Discussions_with_BCB_for_the_Role_of_Spin_Bo wling_Coach_Saqlain_Mushtaq

lamisa
July 11, 2012, 01:40 AM
^^ discussion?? so where did "all set" come from?

Nadim
July 11, 2012, 06:44 AM
[বাংলা]পাকিস্তানের সাবেক স্পিনার সাকলাইন মুস্তাককে জাতীয় দলের স্পিন কোচ হিসেবে নিয়োগ দিচ্ছে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)। বুধবার বিসিবি’র কার্যনির্বাহী কমিটির জরুরী সভায় সাকলাইনকে কোচ করার বিষয়ে সিদ্ধান্ত হয়।

সূত্র জানিয়েছে, বাংলাদেশ দলের পরের সফর থেকে (ত্রিনিদাদ এন্ড টোবাগো) দায়িত্ব গ্রহণ করবেন পাকিস্তানের সাবেক অফ স্পিনার।

৩৫ বছর বয়সী মুস্তাককে খন্ডকালীন সময়ের জন্য কোচ করা হচ্ছে। শ্রীলঙ্কা টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপ পর্যন্ত তিনি বাংলাদেশ দলের সঙ্গে কাজ করবেন।

পাকিস্তান ট্রিবিউনকে এক সাক্ষাৎকারে সাকলাইন বলেছেন,‘বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের প্রস্তাবে আমি রাজি হয়েছি। আমার এজেন্টের সঙ্গে বিসিবির আলোচনা চূড়ান্ত হয়েছে। কিন্তু বিসিবি এবং আমার মধ্যে এখন পর্যন্ত চুক্তি হয়নি।’

ইংল্যান্ডে বসতি গড়া পাকিস্তানের এই অফ স্পিনার ৪৯ টেস্ট খেলে ২০৮ উইকেট শিকার করেছেন। ১৬৯ ওয়ানডেতে উইকেট পেয়েছেন ২৮৮টি। টেস্টে একটি শতকও আছে তার।

বাংলাদেশের স্পিন বোলিং কোচের দায়িত্ব গ্রহণ সম্পর্কে ডানহাতি এই স্পিনার বলেন,‘বাংলাদেশে অনেক প্রতিভা আছে। নিয়োগ পেলে আমি সব বয়সভিত্তিক দল নিয়ে কাজ করবো। পাকিস্তানের সাবেক কোচ রিচার্ড পাইবাসও আছে প্রধান কোচ হিসেবে। তাকে আমি অনেক শ্রদ্ধা করি। খুব ভালো মানের একজন কোচ তিনি।’[/বাংলা]
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=5d26ab85ef5b76066ee3626ca861a 4b7&nttl=20120711050949125694

zinatf
July 11, 2012, 06:55 AM
:faire: :fire: YAY!!!

Moi Happy :D

playmaker
July 11, 2012, 08:15 AM
Wait mushtaq is still 35? :smh:

Isnaad
July 11, 2012, 09:10 AM
what makes u disappointed in my comment? don tell me sarcasm is forbidden here...

Obviously not. Sarcasm in discussions make the discussions more enjoyable. :) And I have nothing against you either :) But, bringing aspects of religion into such things and trying to make a mockery(sarcasm included) does not look good in the eyes of many including me. And it is also a violation of the Forum rules if I am not mistaken. (Correct me if I am wrong though)
But if you still feel that sarcastic remark was fine, okay forget about it :) No hard feelings.

Habib
July 11, 2012, 09:11 AM
Wait mushtaq is still 35? :smh:

May be he is an immortal like Afridi. ;)
(In terms of cricketing achievement, he is)

roman
July 11, 2012, 09:16 AM
Saqlain was born in 12/29/1976. So yes he is 35

kalpurush
July 11, 2012, 10:37 AM
You never know, May be Saqlain is being appointed by PCB to pass on our weaknesses and strengths to Pak team, to not to have any problem in the group stage should they lose to NZ.... :)
Watching too many Dhaliwood movies lately, mate!?

BANFAN
July 11, 2012, 10:49 AM
Not really, haven't seen a Bangla movie since 1988... Attempted a few times but couldn't continue more than 10-15 mns...

Isnaad
July 11, 2012, 12:00 PM
Not really, haven't seen a Bangla movie since 1988... Attempted a few times but couldn't continue more than 10-15 mns...

Then you must watch "Speed-Do or Die" featuring Anonto Jalil. :rolleyes:

playmaker
July 11, 2012, 12:22 PM
May be he is an immortal like Afridi. ;)
(In terms of cricketing achievement, he is)

but he looks old:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s480x480/487206_481482515198305_1851296219_n.jpg

BANFAN
July 12, 2012, 02:51 AM
Then you must watch "Speed-Do or Die" featuring Anonto Jalil. :rolleyes:

Is that a Bangla Movie??

------

Now Mushtaque is set to be the coach...:) at least You can expect our spinners to have a Doosra look, with beard...;)

KaaL-PurusH
July 12, 2012, 04:56 AM
Obviously not. Sarcasm in discussions make the discussions more enjoyable. :) And I have nothing against you either :) But, bringing aspects of religion into such things and trying to make a mockery(sarcasm included) does not look good in the eyes of many including me. And it is also a violation of the Forum rules if I am not mistaken. (Correct me if I am wrong though)
But if you still feel that sarcastic remark was fine, okay forget about it :) No hard feelings.

i think u had:D

I do think the sarcasm remark was fine and hence it was made up on particular impression but not to anyone who does that in right spirit & religion.

Nadim
August 14, 2012, 07:39 AM
[বাংলা]বাংলাদেশ দলকে একটা উচ্চতায় নিতে চাই: সাকলাইন
[/বাংলা]

http://www.banglanews24.com/images/imgAll/2012August/mustaq-bg20120814181702.jpg

[বাংলা]ঢাকা: জাতীয় দলের স্পিন বোলিং উপদেষ্টা কোচের দায়িত্ব নিয়ে মঙ্গলবার ঢাকায় এসেছেন পাকিস্তানের সাবেক অফ স্পিনার সাকলাইন মুস্তাক। ঢাকায় পৌঁছে সোজা ছুটে গেছেন মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় ক্রিকেট স্টেডিয়ামে দলের অনুশীলনে। পরিচিত হয়েছেন কোচিং স্টাফ এবং খেলোয়াড়দের সঙ্গে। ইংল্যান্ডে বসতি গড়া এই পাকিস্তানি আগামী চার মাস বাংলাদেশ দলের সঙ্গে কাজ করবেন।

প্রশ্ন: এখানে এসে কেমন লাগছে?

সাকলাইন মুস্তাক: পৌঁছানোর পর থেকে এখন পর্যন্ত সবকিছু ভালো। আগেও আমি এখানে এসেছি। চেষ্টা করবো খুব পরিশ্রম করে দলটাকে একটা উচ্চাতায় নিয়ে যাওয়ার।

প্রশ্ন: বাংলাদেশ বেছে নিলেন কেন?

সাকলাইন মুস্তাক: আমি বাংলাদেশ পছন্দ করি। এখানে খেলেছি, অনেক স্মৃতি আছে। খুব ফিট একটি দল। সবাই খুব পরিশ্রম করে। এবং তারা ওপরে উঠতে চায়। ক্রিকেটের প্রতি তাদের অনুরাগও আছে।

প্রশ্ন: বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটের খোঁজখবর রাখেন?

সাকলাইন মুস্তাক: সবসময় খোঁজ রাখি। যখন আমি খেলতাম তখন আমার বোলিংয়ের জন্যই তাদের খোঁজখবর করতাম। এখন সব খেলোয়াড়কে দেখি।

প্রশ্ন: বাংলাদেশে প্রায় সবাই বাঁহাতি স্পিনার, আপনি ছিলেন ডানহাতি অফ স্পিনার, মৌলিক কোনো পার্থক্য আছে?

সাকলাইন মুস্তাক: মুশি (মুস্তাক আহমেদ) লেগ স্পিনার। কিন্তু ইংল্যান্ড দলে কোনো লেগ স্পিনার নেই। স্পিনারদের সবার কাজ এক। ব্যাটসম্যানকে বল করতে হবে। আমার অভিজ্ঞতা তাদের মধ্যে কাজে লাগাতে চাই। সেজন্য আমি এখানে। বলতে পারেন আমি তাদের সাহায্য করতে এসেছি।

প্রশ্ন: আপনি এখানে খেলে আনন্দ পেয়েছেন, কোচিং করে কি সে আনন্দ পাবেন?

সাকলাইন মুস্তাক: কোচিং মনের আরেকটি আঙ্গিনা এবং অন্যরকম কাজ। গত সতবছর ধরে কোচিংয়ে আছি। নিউজিল্যান্ড দলের সঙ্গে ছিলাম, তাদের সঙ্গে শ্রীলঙ্কাতেও গিয়েছি। অস্ট্রেলিয়া একাডেমি, ইংল্যান্ড লায়ন্স এবং ইংল্যান্ড কাউন্টিতে কোচিং করিয়েছি। যখন ছেলেরা ভালো করে তখন ভালো লাগে এবং কাজের পুরস্কারও পাওয়া যায়। আমি যখন উইকেট নিয়েছি তখন একধরণের আনন্দ পেতাম। কোচের ভূমিকা অন্য। কিন্তু এখনও আগের মতো তৃপ্তি পাওয়া সম্ভব।

প্রশ্ন: ক্রিকেটারদের উন্নতির জন্য চারমাস কি যথেষ্ট?

সাকলাইন মুস্তাক: ছোট আসলে ছোট না, যথেষ্ট বলতে যথেষ্ট নয়। আমি মাত্র এসেছি। আমি কোচদের সঙ্গে পরিকল্পনা করবো আমরা কি করতে পারি। যাতে খেলোয়াড়রা আমার কাছ থেকে পুরো সুবিধা নিতে পারে।

প্রশ্ন: বাংলাদেশে দীর্ঘ সময় কাজের পরিকল্পনা আছে?

সাকলাইন মুস্তাক: আমরা এখনই ভবিষ্যৎ সম্পর্কে বলতে পারি না। আগে দেখি কি হয়। যদি তারা আগ্রহ প্রকাশ করে, আমি সানন্দে দায়িত্ব নেব। আমি বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটারদের দেখছি। তাদের আগ্রহ দেখে আমি উৎফুল্ল।

প্রশ্ন: আপনি বলছেন অনেক প্রতিভা আছে, তাদের দু’একজনের নাম বলতে পারবেন?

সাকলাইন মুস্তাক: বিপিএল দেখেছি, যেখানে বাংলাদেশের অনেক ক্রিকেটার খেলেছেন। নিঃসন্দেহে সাকিব মূল খেলোয়াড়। পাকিস্তানের হয়ে খেলতে এসে এখানে ছোট ছোট বাচ্চাদের প্র্যাকটিস করতে দেখেছি। ক্রিকেট এখানে ধর্মের মতোই। গত ১০ বছর লন্ডনের যেখানে আমি আছি সেখানে বাংলাদেশি লোকজনকে দেখেছি ক্রিকেট পাগল। তাদের নিজস্ব লিগও আছে।

প্রশ্ন: এখানে কোনো ভালো স্মৃতি আছে আপনার?

সাকলাইন মুস্তাক: আমি প্রথম ম্যাচ খেলেছি ঢাকা স্টেডিয়ামে। প্রথম শ্রেণীর ক্রিকেটের পর পাকিস্তান ‘এ’ দলে খেলার সুযোগ হয়। মনে হয় শ্রীলঙ্কা, পাকিস্তান, বাংলাদেশ এবং ভারত ‘এ’ দলের টুর্নামেন্ট ছিলো। ওটা ছিলো আমার প্রথম আন্তর্জাতিক খেলা। তখন ঢাকা স্টেডিয়ামে হাজার হাজার দর্শক দেখেছিলাম। সেটা কোনোদিন ভুলতে পারবো না।
[/বাংলা]

SOURCE (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=fa769f9fceebabf6bd17310797090 ab8&nttl=20120814061702132824)

zinatf
August 14, 2012, 07:59 AM
Finally, the doosra magician is here :D

playmaker
August 14, 2012, 08:09 AM
A very matured interview. Also, no stupid questions asked.

Maysun
August 14, 2012, 08:10 AM
Will he teach us something like The Butterfly Ball?

Naimul_Hd
August 14, 2012, 08:12 AM
Will he teach us something like The Butterfly Ball?

Its Ian's secret weapon. No one has ever been successful to deliver that, not even our Nazmul, Rubel despite Ian's supervision ! :)

Zunaid
August 14, 2012, 08:15 AM
Better is the Moth Ball.

All those who have ever lived in Bangladesh should be familiar with it.

But more seriously - good interview and good attitude.

kiwibd
August 14, 2012, 08:26 AM
Is there a english version for those of us with poor bangla reading skills? :P

M.H.Rubel
August 14, 2012, 10:19 AM
From daily star:

Saqlain arrives today to aid spinners
Sports Reporter

Former Pakistan off-spinner Saqlain Mushtaq will arrive today to join the Tigers as the spin bowling specialist.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) appointed Saqlain as the national team's spin bowling coach on July 11 for a short stint, which will be considered as a probation period for the Pakistani.

As per contract Saqlain will work with the Tigers till the home series against West Indies in November-December.

Under the guidance of head coach Richard Pybus, the Tigers are now training for the upcoming T20 tournament in Trinidad & Tobago where they are scheduled to play a tournament under the banner of BCB XI. After the completion of the competition Mushfiqur Rahim's men will go to Sri Lanka directly to take part in the ICC World Twenty20 starting from September 18.

The 35-year-old Saqlain served as the spin specialist for New Zealand for 12 months since August 2009 and worked with Australian spinners during the Ashes earlier in the same year.

Bangladesh have long been searching for a quality right-arm off-spinner, and it is hoped that Saqlain's appointment will help in that regard.

Rifat H
August 14, 2012, 11:03 AM
Idaning Junaed ke khali Pybus ar sathe dekha jay !

M.H.Rubel
August 14, 2012, 02:04 PM
The Spin Doctor arrives in city
Former Pakistan cricketer and Bangladesh's new spin-bowling coach Saqlain Mushtaq (L) talks to head coach Richard Pybus during training at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium yesterday.Photo: STAR
Naimul Karim

Bangladesh's preparation for the upcoming ICC World Twenty20 received a boost as former Pakistani off-spinner, Saqlain Mushtaq, joined the team as a spin-consultant yesterday.

The 35-year-old, who earlier worked with the likes of New Zealand and Australia, is set to spend the next four months working on the country's spin department. "There's no doubt about the quality of the bowlers here. They're doing really well. But it's my job to work on the rough edges and further improve their standard," said Mushtaq.

Bangladesh would hope that Mushtaq's addition to the camp strengthens their spin-attack, an aspect of their game they are heavily dependent upon. "The philosophy of spinners is the same. It doesn't matter if you're a slow-left armer or a right-arm spinner, your basic aim is the same," said Mushtaq.

The bowler who brought the doosra into the world of cricket believes that given the right amount of preparation, the Bangladeshi cricket team can do wonders in the upcoming world cup.

"In T20 cricket, every ball is an event. It's a faster game and you've got to grasp the situation very quickly. You need to control your thoughts, your belief… and there shouldn't be any doubt regarding any delivery that you bowl. Yes, it's a different formula, but that's cricket after all," said the legendary spinner. He also claims to have devised techniques that would help bowlers master the doosra.

Mushtaq also had special praise for Shakib-Al-Hasan and claims to have followed his game the last couple of years. "He has been performing so well! He is the team's main bowler and I am looking forward to working with him." The team management, according to Mushtaq, is currently focussing on various strategies with an aim to excel in the T20 world cup.

The former Pakistani bowler will now work alongside bowling coach Shane Jurgensen and head coach Richard Pybus till the home series against the West Indies this November.

The national players' immediate assignment is the tour of Trinidad & Tobago where they will play a T20 tournament under the banner of BCB XI, after which they will travel to Sri Lanka to play the ICC World Twenty20 starting from September 18. Then, after a long break the Tigers will return to longer-version cricket when West Indies arrive in Dhaka in November to play a full series.

"I have good memories of this place; I toured here a number of times during my playing years. I am honoured to be a part of the Bangladeshi cricket team today and I hope I can churn out some good results," said Mushtaq.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=246169

NoName
August 14, 2012, 02:54 PM
Them Doosras.

Night_wolf
August 14, 2012, 03:15 PM

ak takku boss gese to ki hoise r aktare paise akhon

SS
August 14, 2012, 04:58 PM

true he did that too with the other coaches..

M.H.Rubel
August 14, 2012, 11:23 PM

Good observation.

M.H.Rubel
August 14, 2012, 11:32 PM
From daily star:
Bangladesh have long been searching for a quality right-arm off-spinner, and it is hoped that Saqlain's appointment will help in that regard.

I am looking forward with this part of the interview. We are lacking a quality offi for around 10 years. If he can produce one for us it will be good.
To me Shohag Gazi and Mahmudul are the best candidate. Even he can give some improvement to Riyadh, Naeem, Nasir or Farhad Hossain. That will be appreciable as well.

playmaker
August 15, 2012, 01:20 AM
I dont mind Junaid hanging around too much with the coach. It seems evident that despite his lack of skill he is trying to atleast work hard, unlike some aftab ahmed. If aftab had worked as hard some others, he wouldve been as popular as Dwayne Bravo :smh:

Ian Pont
August 15, 2012, 01:42 AM
Its Ian's secret weapon. No one has ever been successful to deliver that, not even our Nazmul, Rubel despite Ian's supervision ! :)

Nazmul can DEFINITELY bowl this ball! It is a simply grip change that just needs practice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMyAkM5M-J4

reyme
August 15, 2012, 02:34 AM
Hi Ian, do you think it is easier for a baseball pitcher to deliver the butterfly ball?

Mav
August 15, 2012, 03:05 AM
No doubt, a Legend of spin bowling.
Hope he can polish our spinners a bit and hope that is permanent.

crikss
August 15, 2012, 03:35 AM
I hope Saqlain spot some offie bowler for us

simon
August 15, 2012, 07:18 AM

probhu bhokto cheley.
dampotto jibone shine korboi.

M.H.Rubel
August 15, 2012, 01:07 PM
Saqlain starts work with Tigers

Dhaka, Aug 15 (bdnews24.com) - Top-all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan has expressed his excitement at the prospect of having 'doosra' pioneer Saqlain Mushtaq as their spin bowling coach.
"I'll try to master the art of bowling variations from Saqlain," Shakib said after the practice session on Wednesday.
On arriving in Dhaka on Tuesday Saqlain has little time as the most of the cricketers will go on Eid break after Thursday's practice session. Wasting no time Saqlain started practice session with Shakib, Abdur Razzaq and Mahmudullah Riyad on Wednesday morning.
"I want to adapt bowling variations mixing my quality with Saqlain's experience. Moreover, we'll try to learn how to snatch wins in critical situations. Though we got only four months, it's possible to grab all in a week if some have the adequate interest," Shakib added.
Saqlain was with vice-captain Mahmudullah for a period of time. Mahmudullah told after the session, "He dealt with my gripping today. I'm keen to know about 'doosra' from him and he assured me that he'll teach me that."
"Besides, I've asked him about spot bowling and bowling variations. We'll focus on these issues. We've just started and he's available for several more days. We'll learn these from him carefully," Mahmudullah added.
After the practice session engrossed Saqlain said, "Pre-condition to good work is to develop relationship. I'm trying to do so at first as if I get a good environment to work there will be no problem."
"Bangladesh is a team that depends mostly on spin and I'm feeling lucky to be a part of it. Though Bangladesh got many left-handed spinners, this won't be a problem for them as I'll work on their line, length and variation. Additionally, I'll mark their weak points in spin bowling and will try to recover quickly," Saqlain added.
bdnews24.com/anm/sd/lg/2204h

http://sport.bdnews24.com/en/newsDetails.php?newsdetailsid=230389

SS
August 15, 2012, 01:26 PM
nowadays news come so quickly available...kono tactics shekar agei news out.....crap info jodi aei news pai ...taile to onno batsmen ra agei jaine jabo je amader bowler notun karu shaji shikka asche..so they won't get surprised...

NoName
August 16, 2012, 03:14 AM
Sunny's not training with them, or is he at the SLPL?

Huda
August 17, 2012, 03:40 PM
Riyad's action is a nice and smooth so i doubt he will be able to bowl the doosra as it requires an element of a bent elbow when bowling. Razzak IMO will is the best bet to be able to this delivery if he is able to master it.

Habib
August 18, 2012, 12:03 AM
Riyad's action is a nice and smooth so i doubt he will be able to bowl the doosra as it requires an element of a bent elbow when bowling. Razzak IMO will is the best bet to be able to this delivery if he is able to master it.

if Razzak can learn how to spin the ball properly, I would be happy. Let alone doosra.

playmaker
August 18, 2012, 12:11 AM
Srsly, where is sunny? And are these guys practicing even while fasting? They should consider fasting 1st, then if possible training

Gowza
August 18, 2012, 12:12 AM
Not sure teaching razzak the doorsa is a good idea, he has enough troubles keeping his normal action legal.

jeesh
August 18, 2012, 12:47 AM
Forget doosra, the guys first need to learn the basics. The best spinners of the world rely more on flight than turn or unorthodox deliveries. Think Warne, Murali, Harbhajan, Swann. They all beat the batsmen with flight. This makes them potent in any kind of wicket.

T20 in a way has messed up spinners around the world. Now every spinner tries to bowl with a flatter trajectory, and quicker through the air. They become predictable and easy to play. Some of our bowlers also show these symptoms. When he started Shakib used to give the ball a lot of air, which would enable him to extract turn-aggressive attacking spin bowling. But off late he hasnt had much success due to his defensive approach. This is what i hope Saqlain can change-not just in Shakib but all the other bowlers too

Ajfar
August 18, 2012, 01:15 AM
if Razzak can learn how to spin the ball properly, I would be happy. Let alone doosra.

I'll be happy if he stops bowling those misti misti deliveries down the leg side. Beshi kisu lagbe na

auntu
August 19, 2012, 12:52 PM
Alhamdulillah Saqlain Mushtaq is spending his 6 days of Eid holiday in the path of Allah SUbhanatala. Now he is in Tangail.

Gowza
August 24, 2012, 04:48 AM
A wicket off his first ball, and 13 sixes in a T20 posted by cricinfo recently does a little profile on elias sunny.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/578996.html

ahnaf
August 27, 2012, 01:36 AM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2012/2012_08_27/content_zoom/2012_08_27_18_1_b.jpg

i really think bcb should tie down him with long-term contracts..

Sohel
August 27, 2012, 02:01 AM
Interesting but not at all surprising that he picked a one-trick-pony/blind slogger like ZiRa to demonstrate the delivery.

I'm looking forward to witnessing the actual impact his coaching may have on our bowlers and batsmen who have difficulty playing quality spin.

simon
August 27, 2012, 11:26 AM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2012/2012_08_27/content_zoom/2012_08_27_18_1_b.jpg

eishob totka photka shikhanor jonno naki Saqlain re anchi :facepalm:
Sir Ash shei kobe ei delivery diya De Villiers re fool banailo. :smh:

reyme
August 27, 2012, 03:49 PM
^ I wonder how come he could not produce the same during all these years after that! That ball just slipped his hand :)

reyme
August 27, 2012, 03:52 PM
BCB should tie him up with a long term contract immediately...

shams91
August 29, 2012, 05:47 PM
who thinks saqlain's bowling action does not look right?

Dhakablues
August 29, 2012, 08:08 PM
who thinks saqlain's bowling action does not look right?

Apparently you;

BTW: It seems like PCB is planning to appoint Saqlain to their coaching team. He is also in discussion to set up a cricket academy with fellow 'Englishman' Azhar Mahmood and Akram..

jeesh
August 29, 2012, 11:58 PM
Looks like PCB wants all our ex coaches. Hope we can tie him down on a longer stint.

Gowza
August 30, 2012, 12:21 AM
Have the BD spinners had enough time and matches fir us to really know how much of a difference saqlain has made? If he's helping then yes get him long term.

jeesh
August 30, 2012, 05:46 AM
Gowza, surprisingly i saw a slight change in Mahmudullah in SLPL. Saqlain has supposedly spent some time with him. In the couple of matches he played, he was bowling with a lot more confidence and intent. Nothing dramatically different in action and delivery, but mindset seemed more positive. He actually wanted to attack and get wickets.

SS
August 30, 2012, 08:45 AM
Gowza, surprisingly i saw a slight change in Mahmudullah in SLPL. Saqlain has supposedly spent some time with him. In the couple of matches he played, he was bowling with a lot more confidence and intent. Nothing dramatically different in action and delivery, but mindset seemed more positive. He actually wanted to attack and get wickets.

Bouer ador and hujurer doa...Mullah becomes baper beta...hope he becomes more hungrier and also contribute with bat too

Habib
September 21, 2012, 07:32 AM
There have been no noticeable improvement with the spinners so far as I've seen. Is it too early for Saqlain to make an impact or is it just the wicket? Granted Kalam bhai went kamikaze on us, but the spinners weren't penetrative enough and economical enough. I mean, Riyad seems to have become worse and here I thought he has become Doosraullah!

cricket_king
September 21, 2012, 09:22 AM
These spinners are even more clueless than they ever were before. Saqlain has been a waste of money.

NoName
September 21, 2012, 09:27 AM
TBH this pitch was not suited for spin at all, you can't expect our spin quartet to pull a miracle out of thin air. Razzak has been doing decently last few matches, but always get pummeled in his last over, during the death overs, and Shak seems out of form with his bowling lately. Mahmudullah was only used for one over today anyways0, no point in blaming Saqlain.

ialbd
September 21, 2012, 10:14 AM
^^ agreed... wasnt a turning pitch at all...

I failed to notice a single Elias Sunny delivery that had a noticeable turn. Razzak/Shak got sth, but too little to even make the batsmen change/adjust their line of shot...

WarWolf
September 21, 2012, 10:37 AM
TBH this pitch was not suited for spin at all, you can't expect our spin quartet to pull a miracle out of thin air. Razzak has been doing decently last few matches, but always get pummeled in his last over, during the death overs, and Shak seems out of form with his bowling lately. Mahmudullah was only used for one over today anyways0, no point in blaming Saqlain.
Did you see how N.Mc bowled on this track?

reyme
September 21, 2012, 12:36 PM
Looks like Saqlain is not a good fit for this team. He had no control over his spinners. He failed to teach them how to handle pressure situation on this not so spin friendly track.
Coaching is 75% strategy and gameplan at the highest level.
He should coach at Academy or age group level. Thats where he will make an impact.
Very same reason he was not retained for too long at NZ, PAK, AUS...

NoName
September 21, 2012, 12:53 PM
Did you see how N.Mc bowled on this track?

Our spinners know how to spin a ball, maybe the pitch changed over the course of the match or N.Mc was able to do something not even our experience spinners couldn't do :facepalm:

BANFAN
September 21, 2012, 12:54 PM

Please don't judge a coach based on his nationality. You have to look at his credentials.

I don't know if Saqlain have any prior coaching experience. And not sure what he can offer in just 3 months. Not too excited about Saqlain but want to hope for the best...

It is a good news, he was one of the successful bowlers when he served his country even in county he did better. So we can hope for the best from him.

Well, it may just be one match in th WC... But to be fair it's not one...its almost the entire WC dream and count all the failures leading upto WC... Now don't tell me, all of those pitches in Zim, Europe and WI were also not friendly to spin bowling... And if we had to depend on friendly pitches, why do we needed Saklain,,,,?? We already had the best spin attack... So Zaka takes his revenge for not going to Pak...face it...I'm serious now...If he hasn't achieved a target assigned by PCB, why should they be talking about appointing him in Pak cricket??

You may not like to mix politics and sports, but Pak always does..

NoName
September 21, 2012, 01:02 PM
Yup it was a conspiracy to weaken us...

Habib
September 21, 2012, 01:12 PM
Yup it was a conspiracy to weaken us...

Let's face it. If not for those conspiracies by those countries, we'd have been world champion a loong time ago...
Damn you ISI and RAW. And you too MI5.

Tigers_eye
September 21, 2012, 03:38 PM
Let's face it. If not for those conspiracies by those countries, we'd have been world champion a loong time ago...
Damn you ISI and RAW. And you too MI5.
CIA ki friend naki?

BANFAN
September 21, 2012, 05:03 PM
CIA ki friend naki?

CIA and Mosad ekhono cricket bujhe uthe nai.....:) let's them have enough ex cricketers to be drafted...;)

i_1_primeval_man
September 21, 2012, 06:28 PM
CIA and Mosad ekhono cricket bujhe uthe nai.....:) let's them have enough ex cricketers to be drafted...;)

I nominate Shariful Haq Plabon. He can be CIA's 007/Bourne/Tiger.

jeesh
September 21, 2012, 10:44 PM
I was expecting Saqlain bashing, and i can understand. But the Kiwi's were well prepared for this, and as BM told in his interview they had practiced against a lot of SLA's at the net. This is where having a good quality off spinner or leg spinner matters. Also easy to blame the wicket for not being spin friendly. But look how well DV and NM bowled. Both of them bowled with a plan, bowled to their field, and also extracted turn and bounce. So quite a lot to work on for Saqlain and RP. But i am not writing Saqlain off. Its just one match.

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 01:32 AM
How much can help can you get from a coach for one series/tournament? BCB needs to realize this. Hiring a coach just for a mega event won't do the job!

jeesh
September 22, 2012, 01:38 AM
Also needs to work with a wider net of spinners. The ones in the NT are not necessarily the best ones.

M.H.Rubel
September 23, 2012, 04:42 PM
Bishwajit Roy from Kandy

The spin bowlers are the main strength in Bangladesh's bowling department, which is why their failure leaves the Tigers with little chance of making an impact on the field. Their 59-run defeat against New Zealand in their first match of the ongoing ICC World Twenty20 at the Pallekele International Stadium last Friday was no exception to that generally accepted truth. Questions had already been raised about the Bangladesh spinners' actual potency on pitches other than the slow and low variety. Bangladesh's new spin bowling coach Saqlain Mushtaq however has full faith in his charges, although he was not completely happy with the performance in the first group match. He however held the conditions responsible for the poor showing.

“It was not that bad, but it wasn't that good either. The pitch wasn't helpful for the spinners. Pacers took wickets for New Zealand. The average score on that wicket is 170-plus and it wasn't friendly for spinners, but I think they didn't bowl that well and they didn't bowl that badly also,” explained Mushtaq.

Detail
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=251044

jeesh
September 23, 2012, 10:54 PM
It was more Brendon McCullum than the wicket. Guy scored 64% of the teams runs. He was just in too good a form. He almost started against Pakistan, and had he got going could have taken them close to the Paki total. It was more like Brendon McCullum Vs Bangladesh. Now had we dismissed him early on, game could have been a totally different one, Saqlain would be saying sth very different in this interview.

Having said that we also need to figure ourselves out-add more variety to the spin attack. Spinners also need to play with a better game plan. In T20 they must have a wider repertoire to be more effective.

Zeeshan
September 29, 2012, 11:06 PM
tomader priyo "mor jala" coach Saqlain kaka-r news tews to kichui dila na dekhi

Getting to grips with the doosra (http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/577448.html)

jeesh
October 1, 2012, 11:09 AM
Will BCB renew his contract after World T20? He seems to be around RP all the time. RP might want him on a full time basis. But our spinners didnt show any positives. Things have gotten worse. Cant blame it on the wickets either, because spinners from other countries are doing well.

firstlane
October 10, 2012, 07:31 AM
^ 'Meanwhile, the BCB has extended spin bowling consultant Saqlain Mushtaq's tenure till December. The
spinner had initially joined the national team in July on a three month contract. This means that Saqlain
will be part of the coaching set-up through the series against West Indies in November.'
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/586042.html

zinatf
October 10, 2012, 08:52 AM
I want him to stay for at least a year!

sharup
October 10, 2012, 10:18 AM
Has Saqlain's appointment been a beneficial factor to our spin bowling? I have yet to witness some jaw dropping performance in spin attack. He must be here as a coach/mentor.

jeesh
October 10, 2012, 12:28 PM
So far doesnt seem to be any impact. But the same can be said about pace bowling, fielding etc. And also we are judging from two official matches only.

It was an ideal opportunity to give Saqlain a camp with all spinners before FC season starts. Unfortunately Pybus thought otherwise. And again how much can you teach in 10 days training before WI series

Maysun
October 10, 2012, 02:37 PM
I want him to stay for at least a year!

Even I would like that.

But it all depends on the WI series. If our spinners put up a poor showing, which is most likely to happen against Gayle and co., I don't think, the BCB will even think twice about extending it any further.

BANFAN
October 10, 2012, 02:48 PM
Even I would like that.

But it all depends on the WI series. If our spinners put up a poor showing, which is most likely to happen against Gayle and co., I don't think, the BCB will even think twice about extending it any further.

That should rather mean that, they badly need the coach's tenure to be extended ... If they do very good, that should mean, they have learnt enough and the coach's job is done. No..??

Maysun
October 10, 2012, 02:55 PM
That should rather mean that, they badly need the coach's tenure to be extended ... If they do very good, that should mean, they have learnt enough and the coach's job is done. No..??

Well one can think that way too. But BCB hired him on a short term basis, and that too for the WT20. I'm surprised that, they haven't let him go. Usually there is a drastic change after a major event. Like the CWC 2011.

But LK is stepping down, and I hope whoever is incharge extends his contract no matter what the performance in the WI series.

Jadukor
October 10, 2012, 06:51 PM
So far doesnt seem to be any impact. But the same can be said about pace bowling, fielding etc. And also we are judging from two official matches only.

It was an ideal opportunity to give Saqlain a camp with all spinners before FC season starts. Unfortunately Pybus thought otherwise. And again how much can you teach in 10 days training before WI series

Our spinners want to learn the doosra more than anything. The question is will Saqlain ever teach that delivery to us?

sharup
October 11, 2012, 07:04 AM
Our players can learn how to bowl doosra easily. Here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x46RBc914Yk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BANFAN
October 11, 2012, 09:01 AM
Our players can learn how to bowl doosra easily. Here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x46RBc914Yk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This shows how to pick a Dusra from the off break... From a batsman's POV

Can you really learn to bowl a Dusra by seeing a delivery?? :) then you could learn a reverse, Yorker everything by watching the footage.... Man, you need to know the physio dynamics of bowling a delivery... Well some people might just be able to learn certain things using their natural abilities. But for any established bowler to tweak his physio dynamics in an uncontrolled environment, might ruin his current abilities... So you don't try to learn a new thing as a pro, in an uncontrolled environment. That's why people employ professional coaches.

A non swimmer can't learn swimming just by watching an Olympic swimmer. He needs assistance of some sort, before he starts even self learning... Every skill is like that. You don't learn skills by watching... By doing .. And for professionals.. You must control the environment of learning.... Otherwise that can be damaging or counter productive. :)

Gowza
October 11, 2012, 09:16 AM

Can you really learn to bowl a Dusra by seeing a delivery?? :) then you could learn a reverse, Yorker everything by watching the footage.... Man, you need to know the physio dynamics of bowling a delivery... Well some people might just be able to learn certain things using their natural abilities. But for any established bowler to tweak his physio dynamics in an uncontrolled environment, might ruin his current abilities... So you don't try to learn a new thing as a pro, in an uncontrolled environment. That's why people employ professional coaches.

A non swimmer can't learn swimming just by watching an Olympic swimmer. He needs assistance of some sort, before he starts even self learning... Every skill is like that. You don't learn skills by watching... By doing .. And for professionals.. You must control the environment of learning.... Otherwise that can be damaging or counter productive. :)

have to say i disagree to a degree. in early stages of learning a sport you can self learn just by watching professionals. i mean do you know how i learnt to bowl a cricket ball? by watching my older brother do it, he grabbed a ball told me to bowl it, i told him i didn't know how so he grabbed the ball off me and said this is how you do it and he bowled one down the other end of the driveway. that was my first lesson, and i'll tell you what, i certainly didn't get any coaching tips from my school coaches, so the way i learnt was from watching others and by my own observation with various things i tried.

same thing went for tennis, one day i just picked up a racket and started hitting, all i had done was watch some aussie open tennis, then once i realised i enjoyed it i went to get some coaching and they figured i was already playing competition tennis and had already been coached, a couple of months after that i was coaching myself.

if someone is naturally talented at something, and if they watch others and pay attention and learn from themselves and by watching others you can become decent. now i certainly haven't played any pro level sport, but i became an A grade tennis player with minimal coaching and was in my 2nd XI school cricket team and that was after previous injuries and during current ones where i couldn't even bowl to my fullest.

but certainly i agree that professionals need to make tweaks with experienced knowledgeable people around them, like you say you don't want to tweak your action and then it take away from your current abilities, the idea is to add to your current abilities and you need the experts to help you fix those little things so it won't negatively affect your current skills and abillities.

reverse_swing
October 11, 2012, 09:18 AM

...can't say it better. But you also need to work very hard and practise a lot from your early days. The value of expertise is something we spend a lot of time thinking about and if you’ve read the Malcolm Gladwell book Outliers, you’re familiar with the idea that it takes thousands of hours to perfect a skill. Having years (and thousands of hours) of dedicated focus and practice within a specific field is obviously highly valuable and allows a person to have a unique, proprietary perspective on that area.

BANFAN
October 11, 2012, 11:06 AM
have to say i disagree to a degree. in early stages of learning a sport you can self learn just by watching professionals. i mean do you know how i learnt to bowl a cricket ball? by watching my older brother do it, he grabbed a ball told me to bowl it, i told him i didn't know how so he grabbed the ball off me and said this is how you do it and he bowled one down the other end of the driveway. that was my first lesson, and i'll tell you what, i certainly didn't get any coaching tips from my school coaches, so the way i learnt was from watching others and by my own observation with various things i tried.

same thing went for tennis, one day i just picked up a racket and started hitting, all i had done was watch some aussie open tennis, then once i realised i enjoyed it i went to get some ecoaching and they figured i was already playing competition tennis and had already been coached, a couple of months after that i was coaching myself.

Well i dont disagree to that. Self learning by observation is very much possible, but that's ok for amateurs. You really can't claim that you learnt to bowl or play tennis at the pro level. The physio dynamics you taught your muscles by repeated actions aren't good enough to develop you as a pro, so your growth will stop after certain stage, depending on the perfection of those you naturally picked. That's the limitation of learning without the assistance of a pro at an early age. That's also the reason why a lot of talented self taught sports personalities of our country don't progress beyond certain level, even under the best of the coaches. Because you taught yourself the wrong things and its very difficult to undo all those and teach you everything afresh. That takes some doing for anyone.

if someone is naturally talented at something, and if they watch others and pay attention and learn from themselves and by watching others you can become decent. now i certainly haven't played any pro level sport, but i became an A grade tennis player with minimal coaching and was in my 2nd XI school cricket team and that was after previous injuries and during current ones where i couldn't even bowl to my fullest.

The word naturally tellented generally means, that he got a good lesson in early age/he luckily picked most of the right things at an early age, during self learning. So he made a natural progression to a class athlete under an expert in a professional environment later. But for that, you need to have the proper knowledge available at every level, that's what we mean when we talk about developing a culture of some sports. So, it becomes easy for the self learners to learn the right things at an early age.

If you look at the countries who are successful with sports without a culture of it, they pick guys at a very early stage to teach... And countries like Pakistan produce natural pacers because they have a culture of it, meaning the knowledge is available at very lower levels, for the self learners.

...can't say it better. But you also need to work very hard and practise a lot from your early days. The value of expertise is something we spend a lot of time thinking about and if you’ve read the Malcolm Gladwell book Outliers, you’re familiar with the idea that it takes thousands of hours to perfect a skill. Having years (and thousands of hours) of dedicated focus and practice within a specific field is obviously highly valuable and allows a person to have a unique, proprietary perspective on that area.

Thanks. I agree to you completely and that's a more than useful book. Surely, Once you have the dynamics, you need to practice practice and practice to teach your body and brain. More you practice, more natural the skill becomes. Presence of Professionals provide the environment to control these practice sessions, so that the dynamics don't get changed in the process of repeatations.

Repeatative Practice is the difference between Knowledge and Skill... Many of our bowlers have the knowledge how to bowl a reverse, but they haven't acquired the skill through practice....,

Gowza
October 11, 2012, 04:23 PM
Well i dont disagree to that. Self learning by observation is very much possible, but that's ok for amateurs. You really can't claim that you learnt to bowl or play tennis at the pro level. The physio dynamics you taught your muscles by repeated actions aren't good enough to develop you as a pro, so your growth will stop after certain stage, depending on the perfection of those you naturally picked. That's the limitation of learning without the assistance of a pro at an early age. That's also the reason why a lot of talented self taught sports personalities of our country don't progress beyond certain level, even under the best of the coaches. Because you taught yourself the wrong things and its very difficult to undo all those and teach you everything afresh. That takes some doing for anyone.

The word naturally tellented generally means, that he got a good lesson in early age/he luckily picked most of the right things at an early age, during self learning. So he made a natural progression to a class athlete under an expert in a professional environment later. But for that, you need to have the proper knowledge available at every level, that's what we mean when we talk about developing a culture of some sports. So, it becomes easy for the self learners to learn the right things at an early age.

If you look at the countries who are successful with sports without a culture of it, they pick guys at a very early stage to teach... And countries like Pakistan produce natural pacers because they have a culture of it, meaning the knowledge is available at very lower levels, for the self learners.

Thanks. I agree to you completely and that's a more than useful book. Surely, Once you have the dynamics, you need to practice practice and practice to teach your body and brain. More you practice, more natural the skill becomes. Presence of Professionals provide the environment to control these practice sessions, so that the dynamics don't get changed in the process of repeatations.

Repeatative Practice is the difference between Knowledge and Skill... Many of our bowlers have the knowledge how to bowl a reverse, but they haven't acquired the skill through practice....,

have to disagree again because as you'll take my tennis example, pro coaches already thought i was a competition player, and i didn't have any major technique problems. just because someone is self taught doesn't mean there are things that they taught themselves the wrong way. in saying that everyone has things they can work on, even ones taught by good coaches. i'm not saying you can self teach and make it to the pro level with no coaching, though i'm sure it's happened at some stage for rare cases in some sports, but you can self teach and get a really good base and get to a decent level where coaches can take over and take you further.

mij
October 11, 2012, 05:33 PM
I have to agree with Gowza, if you take Dusra itself it is invented by a player, so if a player can invent something why can't he learn something by watching and practicing it.

By the way our player doesn't need this sort of comment, because they are lazy, they don’t work hard and I doubted if they ever try to learn something by watching others.

RazabQ
October 11, 2012, 07:16 PM
Very easy test. How many of our players would have read a Bangla translation of Outlier or any such book. Therein lies the answer. Lack of intellectual curiosity compounded by extrinsic motivation driving professional development.

BANFAN
October 13, 2012, 07:41 AM
have to disagree again because as you'll take my tennis example, pro coaches already thought i was a competition player, and i didn't have any major technique problems. just because someone is self taught doesn't mean there are things that they taught themselves the wrong way. in saying that everyone has things they can work on, even ones taught by good coaches. i'm not saying you can self teach and make it to the pro level with no coaching, though i'm sure it's happened at some stage for rare cases in some sports, but you can self teach and get a really good base and get to a decent level where coaches can take over and take you further.

I did say the same things too, I just used your skills as an example considering you didn't aim to turn pro, I didn't mean that to be any less. But to turn a pro, you need to be in an environment where there is a strong culture of it, meaning where knowledge is readily available. Otherwise, it's a rare case that you will get everything in place by chance. That's why natural talents are not even one in 10 millions in our country. By talent I mean guys like Shakib, who can easily be taken/guided/coached to the next level by a professional.

While in a place like Pakistan, you can self teach to become a pace bowler, because they have a culture of it, so the knowledge of pace, swinging, seaming etc are readily available. But self teach doesn't mean by merely watching. Its a combination of observation and sharing knowledge with the guys you play and experienced elder guys of the area, lower level coaches etc etc who has the right knowledge of it, due to stronger culture of that game. They need minimum efforts under the professional coaches, to turn you into high grade professionals. A that's why we see a high percentage of these natural talents/self learners are making it to the next level.

How to develop professional players while you don't have a strong culture of the sports? Take boys at a very younger age and coach them under real professionals, you are bound to have better result. Or wait for 40/50 years,when the generations of players and coaches will slowly spread the knowledge to the next generation in different ways...to build that culture in a natural way.

When you self learn in a unfavorable environment, it's not that you learn everything wrong, but even if you get a few things wrong, that's good enough to block your progression to the next level. Like our self learning cricketers, they don't have everything wrong, but everyone has a certain things wrong, which is blocking them to reach to that desired level of professionals. Ex.. AAA..

Jadukor
October 21, 2012, 04:16 AM
so any news on teaching the doosra to our spinners? It would be a very useful weapon against the WI

jeesh
October 23, 2012, 11:06 AM
Warne has advised Nathan Lyon to focus on his orthodox off break deliveries and straighter delivery-stick to the basics. He has asked him not to get carried away with doosra's etc. Kind of true. If anyone notices Graemme Swann's bowling, its all about flight, guile, and an attacking mindset. Doesnt try to do too much.

Saifulsohel
November 6, 2012, 01:54 PM
Shohag Gazi,‘Saqlain has helped me a lot. I am actually not a big turner of the ball and Saqlain has taught me how to do it. I have practiced it and received good results in the ongoing National Cricket League.
‘He also taught me the doosra and carom ball, but told me to practice it during off-season,’ Sohag said of the benefits he received from Saqlain.
http://www.newagebd.com/detail.php?date=2012-11-07&nid=29252
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Tiger Manc
November 6, 2012, 03:18 PM
Good to see Saqlain's been spending time working with him. I thought maybe non of our spinners outside the National team get help from him.

jeesh
November 7, 2012, 01:36 AM
Yep. Finally we have a specialized off spinner, and Saqlain is playing a part in his development.

Tiger Manc
November 16, 2012, 11:19 PM
BCB get Saqlain signed on a long term contract ASAP!!

jeesh
November 16, 2012, 11:22 PM
Yes please. Impact is clear with Gazi

dark mage
November 25, 2012, 12:21 PM
I hope BCB extends his contract.

reyme
November 25, 2012, 12:52 PM
He is probably the only coach worth retaining. Others are just filling up the gap...

Nadim
November 25, 2012, 01:48 PM
Make the HC. Hire a new batting and pace bowling coach
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

WarWolf
November 26, 2012, 02:37 AM
Finalize his long term contract.

dark mage
November 26, 2012, 03:11 AM
Come to think of it, he would make a good head coach. He was known as a thinking cricketer and has a good brain and wasn't plagued by any scandals and corruptions like other EX- pak players. There is also the fact that most of our players are a big fan of his and is more likely to listen to what he has to say and he is someone who understands the subcontinent culture. Has quite abit of western influence too as he worked with England and New Zealand as well as having played in the county for so long. He also knows something about batting as he was pretty handy with the bat himself and has seen how greats like Saeed Anwar, Inzamam and fast bowlers like Wasim and Waqar used to train. Given how most of our players grew up watching them play, stories about their training schedule won't go unheeded.

Why go for an Aussie or English coach who have so many demands?

I know a good player doesn't always make a good coach but there's a fact that some of our more arrogant cricketers think they know better than the coach if it's not someone famous.

If we really want some western guy, I hope it's someone like Ian, Siddons, Barlow, Mcinnes who are genuinely passionate about our cricket and ready to take on the hands-on approach with our players. Not someone who would sit back and strategise. Someone who can earn respect and trust from our players like Siddons and Barlow but Saqlain has the advantage where this respect is already ingrained in our players minds.

But given the fact how inept BCB is they will probably go after someone unwilling and beg them to take the job like Klusener or our Ex-coach. After all what would a dumb fan like me know?

NoName
November 26, 2012, 03:33 PM
He is the only coach worth retaining.

WarWolf
December 2, 2012, 02:32 AM
Make Saqlain the head coach and keep him.

Nadim
December 2, 2012, 04:06 AM
Keep him for any cost. even better if BCB make him the HC. pls. jodi donation lage dimu, tobuo ore rakhen plssss!!!

Rabz
December 2, 2012, 04:25 AM
BCB should try their best to retain him.
He talks less, works more.
Plus the spinners are doing really well under him.

simon
December 2, 2012, 04:26 AM
for how long did Saqlain work with Gazi?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Dilscoop
December 2, 2012, 04:28 AM
BCB should try their best to retain him.
He talks less, works more.
Plus the spinners are doing really well under him.
I always forget that he's still with us. He stays away from the media and attention. I like it. BCB would be stupid not give him a contract extension.

Sohel
December 2, 2012, 04:32 AM
Da Saqstah is creating a culture of aggressive wicket taking spinners MashAllah. Definitely a keeper.

Murad
December 2, 2012, 04:41 AM
for how long did Saqlain work with Gazi?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

About two months before the WI series started.

Rabz
December 2, 2012, 04:46 AM
^^ T20 WC finished on first week of October.
WI series started on 13th Nov.

So he got barely a month may be ?

al-Sagar
December 2, 2012, 04:55 AM
its not only the mentor what is important, the student must be good enough to learn too. looks like we now have good enough students too.

Murad
December 2, 2012, 04:56 AM

I read somewhere he worked with him before the T20 WC for few weeks.

WarWolf
December 2, 2012, 09:28 AM
Saqlain is so involved with the whole team! He is here for working with the spinners. We see the result of his presence.

I also saw him instructing the batsmen how to play against some certain bowlers from outside the field during live matches a few times. I recon this may be the major reason for Narine's failure against our batters so far.

He has passion and is always a hard working character. Make him the HEAD COACH.

dark mage
December 2, 2012, 09:36 AM
Yep I said the same thing before. Make him the head coach. But knowing our BCB they might even refuse to extend his current contract let alone think about handing him the head coach position. He unlike other certain Pakistani players rarely speaks or beats his own drum. Was a huge fan of him during his playing days and believe he was a better spinner than Muralist with his suspect action.

Gazi has himself said how Saqlain has helped him and here's something I bet a lot of guys don't know, I was listening to commentary during a Bangladesh game in the Athar/Bulbul era and Salauddin was bowling and the commies mentioned how Salaudidin said he talked about offspin with Saqlain and saqqi took some time off from his practice and helped Salauddin with his bowling. Guys it was back in those days where we were still an associate team and were lucky to play in the Asia cup. If a player of Saqlain calibre could take time off his own practice to help an associate team bowler it certainly speaks a lot about the mans personality

Habib
December 2, 2012, 09:56 AM
Yup, that's one Pakistani I wouldn't mind as a head coach.

BANFAN
December 2, 2012, 10:04 AM
He has no Magic wand to produce a spinner from no where in 6 months... Shohag was doing well in domestic even before Saqlayen met him. He has definitely started learning from the coach, but I'm sure he isn't yet a Warne/Murali, but he has the potential, if Saqlayen helps he surely can.

So, Lets not go overboard in praising Saqlayen yet....lets see how crafty the spinners get under him and you only get to know a spinner's skills in non-turning tracks...outside Bangladesh...and better teams. BD pitches anyway favor's spinners and WI isn't that good handling spinners.... So lets have some patience...

shuziburo
December 2, 2012, 10:12 AM
Our spinners still have a lot to learn. I hope that BCB keeps Saqlain for a long time. His presence is being felt.

KaaL-PurusH
December 2, 2012, 10:22 AM
i wish he stays for long and find out the old shakib as bowler.

simon
December 2, 2012, 10:24 AM

only a month, I see.
He has no Magic wand to produce a spinner from no where in 6 months... Shohag was doing well in domestic even before Saqlayen met him. He has definitely started learning from the coach, but I'm sure he isn't yet a Warne/Murali, but he has the potential, if Saqlayen helps he surely can.

So, Lets not go overboard in praising Saqlayen yet....lets see how crafty the spinners get under him and you only get to know a spinner's skills in non-turning tracks...outside Bangladesh...and better teams. BD pitches anyway favor's spinners and WI isn't that good handling spinners.... So lets have some patience...

Ya I think we r giving him too much credit.
Shohag was already doing well, he is a gifted talent.
Saqlain does deserve some credit, but we shouldn't go overboard.

mali007
December 2, 2012, 10:28 AM
I hope he stays longer and look into other promising spinners like Saqlain Sajib , Arafat Sunny as well. These two spinners were very impressive in BPL .

dark mage
December 2, 2012, 10:31 AM
only a month, I see.

Ya I think we r giving him too much credit.
Shohag was already doing well, he is a gifted talent.
Saqlain does deserve some credit, but we shouldn't go overboard.

Ofcourse Sohag was doing well but Saqlain has helped him become a better bowler. I m not giving Saqlain all the credit but gazi himself said how Saqlain has been helping him and also helped him turn/spin the ball more. When it comes from the mouth of the player himself then the coach is certainly doing something right

roman
December 2, 2012, 11:40 AM
It was Saqlain who requested our selectors to include Gazi in test squad. Saqlain knows where the talents are and knows how to get best out of them.. Let's give credits where its due please. I understand that he has no magic wand, the pitch factor. But We simply can't ignore Saqlain's work here.

Making him HC may be little too much but we must, we must keep him for long period of time as a bowling coach..

BANFAN
December 2, 2012, 12:00 PM
Bhai give credit, but I have started seeing Saqlain bondona by our people on CI and PP etc places without giving any credit to the boy himself..... You know...we have lot more to get from him...and you will hardly see any other country giving so much to the coach ..it's always the player. Well when it comes to evaluating the coach...we need to give him credit....I don't want our boy's hard work being hijacked ...every guy works with him won't become Gazi...so the main credit should always go to the player.....primarily it's a result of years of hard work by the boy.

WarWolf
December 2, 2012, 12:02 PM
It was Saqlain who requested our selectors to include Gazi in test squad. Saqlain knows where the talents are and knows how to get best out of them.. Let's give credits where its due please. I understand that he has no magic wand, the pitch factor. But We simply can't ignore Saqlain's work here.

Making him HC may be little too much but we must, we must keep him for long period of time as a bowling coach..
We need a coach who doesn't mind working in BD and doesn't want vacation every month. He needs to have a good cricketing brain and must enjoy working with young guys. He has to work more and talk less. Need to have proper coaching vision.

Saqlain has all these qualifications. So why not him?:up:

Our bowlers and batsmen both are benefited by his help directly. He has earned the respect of the team already.

WarWolf
December 2, 2012, 12:05 PM
Bhai give credit, but I have started seeing Saqlain bondona by our people on CI and PP etc places without giving any credit to the boy himself..... You know...we have lot more to get from him...and you will hardly see any other country giving so much to the coach ..it's always the player. Well when it comes to evaluating the coach...we need to give him credit....I don't want our boy's hard work being hijacked ...ever guy works with him won't become Gazi...so the man credit should always go to the player.....primarily it's a result of years of hard work by the boy.
You can only help him who wants to help himself. Gazi wants to help himself. He is a long race horse and I hope he would break many records for BD.

Having said that, this thread is about Saqlain and not Gazi. We are talking about Saqlain's effect on the team. Probably you misunderstood the intention of those posts.

Isnaad
December 2, 2012, 12:14 PM
Saqlain Mushtaq was my favourite player when I was younger. Although it had more to do with his batting; he scored an innings of 100+ against New Zealand back in 1997. Co-incidentally, that knock was the first 'serious' cricket match I ever watched. And then his bowling started to please me as well.
Cricket Captain 2002 came out and I was all excited about it then. Saqlain yielded me a lot of wickets and that, too, played a role. :rolleyes: Memories!
It feels great to see one of my all-time faves contributing to our team.

AsifTheManRahman
December 2, 2012, 12:36 PM
Looks like English coaches are the way to go!

roman
December 2, 2012, 12:39 PM
We need a coach who doesn't mind working in BD and doesn't want vacation every month. He needs to have a good cricketing brain and must enjoy working with young guys. He has to work more and talk less. Need to have proper coaching vision.

Saqlain has all these qualifications. So why not him?:up:

Our bowlers and batsmen both are benefited by his help directly. He has earned the respect of the team already.

Saqlain has all the qualifications no doubt but so does Shane Jurgensen. SJ is our current HC. Some of us are totally ignoring his role here. Like Saqlain, he too has been working very hard with the team. It would be really unfair to him if we appoint Saqlain as a head coach. (Now, If we hire a different HC, it would be a different story).

roman
December 2, 2012, 01:00 PM
Bhai give credit, but I have started seeing Saqlain bondona by our people on CI and PP etc places without giving any credit to the boy himself..... You know...we have lot more to get from him...and you will hardly see any other country giving so much to the coach ..it's always the player. Well when it comes to evaluating the coach...we need to give him credit....I don't want our boy's hard work being hijacked ...every guy works with him won't become Gazi...so the main credit should always go to the player.....primarily it's a result of years of hard work by the boy.
I see your point brother and I agree with you. A teacher is only good as his student. And Gazi seems to be an ideal student.Good chemistry going on between those two I think :)

WarWolf
December 2, 2012, 01:54 PM
Saqlain has all the qualifications no doubt but so does Shane Jurgensen. SJ is our current HC. Some of us are totally ignoring his role here. Like Saqlain, he too has been working very hard with the team. It would be really unfair to him if we appoint Saqlain as a head coach. (Now, If we hire a different HC, it would be a different story).
Good point. I must appreciate and accept. :)

kalpurush
December 2, 2012, 02:12 PM
That's because I don't think Shane has got anything to do with the wins. Harsh but that's the truth. He doesn't work with the spinners, he doesn't teach the batsmen and as far as I can tell he isn't really a great strategist.
Truth?

Well, I use my own eyes! :)

Yameen
December 3, 2012, 01:58 AM
I think its a bit too premature to make him head coach after being 5 mins in the job. Afterall, it is a role that requires a LOT of responsbility and top level team management skills and with all due respect, saqi is better off serving us as the specialist spin coach and also work closely with the academy during the off peak. His attention would be otherwise severed. What I'd personally like to see is two specialist fast bowling coach/consultant brought in- 1. Ian Pont who would work with developing pacers within an academy domain who can improve techniques, bowling actions, speeds, accuracy etc. 2. Someone who has been there and done it i.e. Wasim, McGrath, Vaas etc to work directly with the national and perhaps A team pacers to offer insight and advice in how to bowl in certain match situations and when to vary your lengths etc. A bit like what Saqi is doing with the spinners at the moment

mufi_02
December 3, 2012, 10:34 AM
Saqlain as a HC might be a premature call. I say let him do what he does best, that is to be spin specialist. We have a huge pool of spinners and Saqlain can work in the national/academy levels. In the national level, he will polish the spinners and on academy level he will groom them more slowly and nurture the talent. McInnes will oversee batting and other things while Saqlain can work with the spinners.

Saqlain also has tremendous understanding and experience of the game which SJ don't have. I assume he plays a big decision making role in the management. He also has great appreciation of the local players and once tweeted about the massive talent in the academy level.

Saifulsohel
December 9, 2012, 10:50 AM
BCB advised Saqlain Mushtaq to go back home after this series.But has chance to return back if his contract extends.Cricketers praised highly of him for technical & mental support.Fielding coach Jason Swift is also set to go back home. http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=65b13083fed67d04ba3fd772e00b1 914&nttl=20121209091850157079

Dilscoop
December 9, 2012, 11:04 AM
Wait, this just clicked me. You guys are all praising him now. But if I recall half the people here didn't like the move and didn't a Pakistani coach. Because apparently Pakistanis would be a bad influence. SMH.

Nasif
December 9, 2012, 11:10 AM
BCB advised Saqlain Mushtaq to go back home after this series.But has chance to return back if his contract extends.Cricketers praised highly of him for technical & mental support.Fielding coach Jason Swift is also set to go back home. http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=65b13083fed67d04ba3fd772e00b1 914&nttl=20121209091850157079

That's the end of Saqlain I guess. "Chance to return" - not happening. I am sure it would be something like JF case.

We are efficient at kicking off people who are really good, professional and well-wishers.

Looking forward to seeing that I am wrong.

Nadim
December 9, 2012, 11:12 AM
Great! Shiwft deserve to go home but SM? what are you smoking BCB? players should do a petition to keep SM:mad:

dark mage
December 9, 2012, 11:16 AM

Oh my God! Is BCB serious? I mean I was pretty sure he would get an extension. Instead they are sending him back? This confirms it, BCB is run by a group of retards. I wish Saber hussein was back. If it was him, he wouldn't have let this gem of a coach leave. Actually I think even Lotus would've made sure to keep him. Papon only wants to do politics.

We need this guy on the Srilanka tour more than anything else and if BCB was smart they could've made him run a camp with young spinners from the age groups. With Saqlain by his side Gazi was sure to go from strength to strength.

Nadim
December 9, 2012, 11:18 AM
[বাংলা]সাকালাইনের সঙ্গে বিসিবি ফের চুক্তিতে যেতেও পারে। বিসিবি মিডিয়া কমিটির চেয়ারম্যান জালাল ইউনুস এমন একটা ইঙ্গিতও দিলেন, ‘তাঁকে আপাতত দেশে ফিরে যেতে বলা হয়েছে। বোর্ডে আলাপ আলোচনাকরে একটা সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়া হবে। তাঁর সঙ্গেও কথা বলার বিষয় আছে।’[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]এসব বিবেচনায় নিয়ে স‍াকলাইনকে পরবর্তীতে নিয়ে আসতে পারে বিসিবি। বাংলাদেশের সঙ্গে কাজ করতে সাকলাইনেরও কোন আপত্তি নেই, ‘আমাকে এখনও বোর্ড কিছু বলেনি। যদি বলে তাহলে আলাপ আলোচনা করে দেখব কীভাবে আসা যায়।’[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]সাকলাইনের ফিরে আসার যেমন সম্ভাবনা আছে তেমনি ফিল্ডিং কোচ জেসন সুইফটের বিদায়টাও নিশ্চিত। বিসিবি বোর্ড সভায় তাকে না রাখার ব্যাপারেই সিদ্ধান্ত হয়েছে বলে জানান জালাল ইউনুস। ট্রেনার গ্র্যান্ট লুডেনও বোধহয় চলে যাবেন। চার মাস দায়িত্ব পালনের পর রিচার্ড পাইবাসও চলে গেছেন। এদিক থেকে জাতীয় দলের কোচিং স্টাফে একটা বড়সর পরিবর্তনই আসতে যাচ্ছে। [/বাংলা]

Damn! GL has been with the team for a long time. hope he stays. getting rid of swift is a very gd move.

[বাংলা]পাইবাস চলে যাওয়ায় বোলিং কোচ শেন জার্গেনসেন আপতকালীন প্রধান কোচের দায়িত্ব পালন করছেন। তাঁর অধীনেই ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের বিপক্ষে ওয়ানডে সিরিজ ৩-২ এ জিতেছে বাংলাদেশ। তাই বলে তাঁকেই প্রধান কোচ করা হবে এমনটা ভাবার কোনই কারণ নেই। শিগগিরই হয়তো নতুন কোচের সন্ধানে নামবে বিসিবি।[/বাংলা]

Dilscoop
December 9, 2012, 11:27 AM
BCC: our spinners have learned everything, they memorized everything, we also recored every move Saq made and we will just reuse those. Why waste extra money.

I hope Saq and GL stays. I like that GL guy. (Who was our previous phsyo? The one with curly hair, the one before this Singh guy?)

BANFAN
December 9, 2012, 11:44 AM
That's the end of Saqlain I guess. "Chance to return" - not happening. I am sure it would be something like JF case.

We are efficient at kicking off people who are really good, professional and well-wishers.

Looking forward to seeing that I am wrong.

I'm sure Saqlayn will be back before SL series...well no confirmed source :) but logically, I feel that should happen..... I don't think Saqlayn had a reasonable time with Gazi yet. Might have been dishing out some advises...Because he got Gazi only a few days before this series and I don't think that was enough to develop any new skill in him....

.. he needs to do some serious skill development exercises/activities with Gazi..... And off course other spinners...

al-Sagar
December 9, 2012, 11:53 AM
saqlain always had a winner mentality, he never accepted a defeat until the last ball of a game. perhaps that was something the BD payers were learning from him as well as some spin and bowling and some batting in which saqlain also had decent competency.

we should keep saqlain ....

Ajfar
December 9, 2012, 12:08 PM

They are not confirming anything right now mainly because they don't know who they are hiring as a head coach. Beside now players will go for a break and than BPL will start. So I'm guessing they want to take their time and start looking for a head coach and than get the support staff. Which is fine I guess, but I hope they don't take forever. Saqlain might just resign with a different team.

I'm afraid that BCB will wait till as late as they possibly can before getting a head coach right before the SL series which takes place in March. I would love to see BCB decide on a coach and the the support staff by the end of January, or early february. That way right after BPL players can take a week or 2 off and than the coaches can ge to work.

Tiger Manc
December 9, 2012, 12:31 PM
BCC: our spinners have learned everything, they memorized everything, we also recored every move Saq made and we will just reuse those. Why waste extra money.

I hope Saq and GL stays. I like that GL guy. (Who was our previous phsyo? The one with curly hair, the one before this Singh guy?)

Michael Henry?

Tiger Manc
December 9, 2012, 12:33 PM
They have to keep Saqlain. A lot of our spinners have spoken highly of him. We would be shooting ourselves in the foot if we let him go.

WarWolf
December 9, 2012, 12:47 PM
I like this guy very much. Always liked him. He is a nice person who belives in "talk less and work more" motto.

I wish we could keep him.

WarWolf
December 9, 2012, 12:51 PM
Ami Hasina apar kas theke kisu asha kori nai kokhono. But uni cricket nia utshahi shunsi. Majhe majhe matheo jete dekhi. I wish Hasina apa ke convince korte partam Saqi ke rakhar jonno.

Roey Haque
December 9, 2012, 01:34 PM
We should keep him. But also hire a private eye to keep tabs on him.

Because when we play Pakistan, he might reveal our spin strategy/plan for the match.
I think Ashraful can be given a role to follow his footsteps.

akabir77
December 9, 2012, 01:44 PM
He is the main reason our spinners bowl with so much guts... thanks BCB you did it. I would like to say it like shamim that's the last nail in bd crickets coffin...

roman
December 9, 2012, 01:55 PM
BCB will take forever to decide and Saqlain will take over another team. My fear...

NoName
December 9, 2012, 04:28 PM
Wait, this just clicked me. You guys are all praising him now. But if I recall half the people here didn't like the move and didn't a Pakistani coach. Because apparently Pakistanis would be a bad influence. SMH.

People didn't want him after just two matches in the t20 WC:facepalm:

ialbd
December 9, 2012, 07:52 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-12-10/news/312039

Saqlain wants to stay and BCB is also considering keeping him for another short term. BCB has their plate full with the HC issue so we'll see how Saqlain's renewal goes.

For now Saqlain is heading back to London right after his contract expires on the 12th.

There is no denying that our spinners (esp Gazi, Riyad) are benefiting from him.

Dilscoop
December 9, 2012, 08:22 PM
Bigger question, is he or is he not going to Shak's wedding?

shuziburo
December 9, 2012, 09:52 PM
If BCB does not bring him back, they are bigger idiots than I thought. He has been a huge help for the team.

jeesh
December 9, 2012, 11:17 PM
Development needs to take place when there are no international matches, no NCL. When the players are actually free. Nows the time for BCB to organize a month long camp for 20-30 spinners (Existing and emerging), get them to work under Saqlain for a long uninterrupted period. Again they need to realize 3-4 weeks of training before a series is not sufficient. And more emerging, younger spinners also need to be given the opportunity. There are many Shohag Gazi's out there.

ankur86
December 10, 2012, 01:27 AM
Saqlain will be a big loss.

WarWolf
December 10, 2012, 01:53 AM
Development needs to take place when there are no international matches, no NCL. When the players are actually free. Nows the time for BCB to organize a month long camp for 20-30 spinners (Existing and emerging), get them to work under Saqlain for a long uninterrupted period. Again they need to realize 3-4 weeks of training before a series is not sufficient. And more emerging, younger spinners also need to be given the opportunity. There are many Shohag Gazi's out there.
Very good post!

KaaL-PurusH
December 10, 2012, 02:04 AM

BCB game development dept. should form with Some intelligent ex cricketers and organisers to implement anything like that. As we all know there will be always some blood sucker in BCB so there is not much we expect from them but at least we can have solid Game developers. Sine Durjoy & Shujon are already in BCB they should take the lead.

jeesh
December 10, 2012, 04:26 AM
Aussies for instance had organized a spin camp a couple of months back to prepare for their upcoming tours. Thats the way to develop skills. http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/576069.html

We also complain, Shane Jurgensen hasnt improved our bowling at all. But apart from pre series camps does have get any other opportunity to work with national team and emerging pacers? To be honest what skill can you hone in a 2 weeks camp where obviously the coaching time has to be divided for batting, bowling, fielding and fitness. Only 1 out of the top 10 wicket takers in NCL is a pace bowler. This should send alarm bells to BCB. If our pacers cant take wickets in domestic cricket, what can they do in international cricket!

BANFAN
December 10, 2012, 04:35 AM
Aussies for instance had organized a spin camp a couple of months back to prepare for their upcoming tours. Thats the way to develop skills. http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/576069.html

We also complain, Shane Jurgensen hasnt improved our bowling at all. But apart from pre series camps does have get any other opportunity to work with national team and emerging pacers? To be honest what skill can you hone in a 2 weeks camp where obviously the coaching time has to be divided for batting, bowling, fielding and fitness. Only 1 out of the top 10 wicket takers in NCL is a pace bowler. This should send alarm bells to BCB. If our pacers cant take wickets in domestic cricket, what can they do in international cricket!

Unfortunately these don't ring any alarm bell...because that's very easily neutralized by ..."Our pitches aren't friendly to pace bowlers" if you question, how to develop pace bowling, you will here the same answer..."We have to develop pace friendly pitches" ..so we can't think of other aspects of pace bowling where pitch is not a factor...that Tino best and Rosch has shown us on our pitches.... But we can't think of performances beyond favorable conditions....in every department...so while performance means conditions, you can only depend on luck without any real planning for development...

BanCricFan
December 10, 2012, 06:06 AM
Saqlain Mustaq is higly sought after in world cricket. BCB does their usual dilly dally and Saqi will be snapped up by other board before the blink of an eye!

A talent and ex-cricketer of Saqis class and vast experience is a huge boost for any backroom/dressing room. He can pass on amazing wealth of knowledge, skills and tips to our crickters in a language which they will have little problem understanding. This is a key point here. Descerning folks will understand this instantly. Also, it seems like Saqi likes Bangladesh and our cricket -which is also very important.

Our lads are learning to battle on the cricket field and Saqi, definitely, was a warrior cricketer.

Night_wolf
December 10, 2012, 06:09 AM
i really want saklain back but i am afraid with BCB..i hope nothing like Ian Pont and J fountain situation happens

BANFAN
December 10, 2012, 06:12 AM
But he wasn't that busy before BCB recruited him....had a few short consultancy assignments only, at the national board level.

BanCricFan
December 10, 2012, 06:26 AM
^^Saqi is just starting out in coaching and i can think of 2 or 3 boards who will love to have him. Specially, after our current ODI series win. Should we play the wait and see game?

akabir77
December 10, 2012, 12:08 PM
Its not only about him teaching our boys how to bowl also making the plan and what not; giving them the believe and how to do what in what situation is very critical. most bd bowling coaches don't have that knowledge as most of them did not play in intl games. that's why i think we should rope him before he gets picked up by others... but i am afraid that's not going to happen...

Tigers_eye
December 10, 2012, 12:13 PM
The belief he put in the players is uncoachable. You have to be a Tiger in a heart before you can be the real Tiger. Otherwise you would be a bobcat. Shohag, Sunny, Raj, Shakib, Riyad all became better.

Nadim
December 10, 2012, 01:25 PM
Daily Star Sport (DSS): How much credit do you take for Shohag Gazi's performance?

Saqlain Mushtaq (SM): I won't take any credit. Yes, I was in the middle trying to observe the game plan and help him mentally. But the credit goes to him. He showed some guts. We must look after him. He is in the cricketing world now. Different brains will plan against him, they will come up with new strategies to work against him. So this is the time for us to look after him.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=260685

Habib
December 10, 2012, 01:28 PM
^Whoever gave that interview, that's the coach I want to see with our team. Who was he again?

dark mage
December 11, 2012, 10:56 AM
But he wasn't that busy before BCB recruited him....had a few short consultancy assignments only, at the national board level.

He did work with the kiwis I think.

I loved his interview. Just reading it is enough to know what an intelligent mind this guy has. When he used to play I remember how he would think before each delivery. Murali had his turn while Saqlain had his mind. What I like most about him is, unlike most other Pakistani players he was never proud and still seems pretty modest and humble.

shuziburo
December 11, 2012, 12:03 PM
He would be great for the team as the spin-bowling coach, or bowling coach or even head coach. He has the passion and skills to succeed in all three roles, but does not beat his own drum. But, given the history of BCB, I don't see them doing the right thing.

rinathq
December 11, 2012, 05:10 PM
and he is here to stay...

http://www.dailyinqilab.com/details_news.php?id=94818&&%20page_id=%2011

great news I must say

mufi_02
December 11, 2012, 05:33 PM
From Shohag Gazi's interview Saqlain comes over and over --

[বাংলা] আপনার বোলিংয়ে শক্তির জায়গা কোনটা?
সোহাগ: আর্ম বল আমার মূল অস্ত্র। তবে বেশির ভাগ ম্যাচে টার্নিং উইকেট ছিল বলে আর্ম বল বেশি করার প্রয়োজন হয়নি। আর সাকলায়েন ভাই দুসরা, ক্যারম বলও কীভাবে করতে হয়, দেখিয়ে দিয়েছেন।

 সাকলায়েনের কথা বারবার বলছেন। আপনার সাফল্যে তাঁর ভূমিকা কতটুকু?
সোহাগ: জাতীয় দলে ঢোকার আগে আমি সপ্তাহ দুয়েক কাজ করেছি সাকলায়েন ভাইয়ের সঙ্গে। তবে জাতীয় দলে আসার পরই বেশি শিখেছি। শুধু আমি নই; রিয়াদ ভাই, রাজ ভাই সবাই। ফিল্ডিং বা পরিস্থিতি অনুয়ায়ী বোলিং করা, নতুন ব্যাটসম্যান ও সেট ব্যাটসম্যানকে কীভাবে বোলিং করতে হয়, মুভমেন্ট দেখে কীভাবে ব্যাটসম্যানকে পড়ে ফেলা যায়... এসব। প্রথম টেস্টে পাওয়েল সেঞ্চুরি করল। চা-বিরতির সময় সাকলায়েন ভাই বললেন লেগ-মিডলে একটু টেনে বোলিং করতে। বিরতির পর প্রথম বলেই ওটা করে ওকে বোল্ড করলাম।

 আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে এসেই সাকলায়েনকে কোচ হিসেবে পাওয়া তো ভাগ্যেরও ব্যাপার...
সোহাগ: অবশ্যই। সাকলায়েন ভাইয়ের ক্ষেত্রে আরেকটা ব্যাপার হলো, শুধু ভালো কোচই নন, অসাধারণ একজন মানুষও। আমাদের সঙ্গে দ্রুত মিশতে পেরেছেন, আমরাও দ্রুত শিখতে পেরেছি। উনি চলে যাচ্ছেন, আশা করি আবার আমরা পাব ওনাকে।[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-12-12/news/312585

MohammedC
December 11, 2012, 05:44 PM

great news I must say

BCB also had verbal agreement with Julien Fountain, and we all know what happened.

BrianLara7
December 11, 2012, 05:44 PM
Fools at bcb better not screw this up. We need to keep him.

shuziburo
December 11, 2012, 05:55 PM

great news I must say

It could be great if he really stays. I hope BCB does not mess this up, like they did with Julien.

PoorFan
December 11, 2012, 11:49 PM
Rope him before its too late, BCB, you are too good to move late!

BANFAN
December 12, 2012, 02:13 AM

great news I must say

Lots of questions:

Why they couldn't settle down his demands, when they discussed his role with him and he agreed to that...??

roman
December 12, 2012, 09:09 AM
It could be great if he really stays. I hope BCB does not mess this up, like they did with Julien.

That's what I am worrying about. Verbal contract means nothing when BCB is concerned

Saifulsohel
December 12, 2012, 10:21 AM
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=eb0fd39614866f36a18c701956dcd 477&nttl=20121212091759157955

dark mage
December 12, 2012, 10:51 AM
From Shohag Gazi's interview Saqlain comes over and over --

[বাংলা] আপনার বোলিংয়ে শক্তির জায়গা কোনটা?
সোহাগ: আর্ম বল আমার মূল অস্ত্র। তবে বেশির ভাগ ম্যাচে টার্নিং উইকেট ছিল বলে আর্ম বল বেশি করার প্রয়োজন হয়নি। আর সাকলায়েন ভাই দুসরা, ক্যারম বলও কীভাবে করতে হয়, দেখিয়ে দিয়েছেন।

 সাকলায়েনের কথা বারবার বলছেন। আপনার সাফল্যে তাঁর ভূমিকা কতটুকু?
সোহাগ: জাতীয় দলে ঢোকার আগে আমি সপ্তাহ দুয়েক কাজ করেছি সাকলায়েন ভাইয়ের সঙ্গে। তবে জাতীয় দলে আসার পরই বেশি শিখেছি। শুধু আমি নই; রিয়াদ ভাই, রাজ ভাই সবাই। ফিল্ডিং বা পরিস্থিতি অনুয়ায়ী বোলিং করা, নতুন ব্যাটসম্যান ও সেট ব্যাটসম্যানকে কীভাবে বোলিং করতে হয়, মুভমেন্ট দেখে কীভাবে ব্যাটসম্যানকে পড়ে ফেলা যায়... এসব। প্রথম টেস্টে পাওয়েল সেঞ্চুরি করল। চা-বিরতির সময় সাকলায়েন ভাই বললেন লেগ-মিডলে একটু টেনে বোলিং করতে। বিরতির পর প্রথম বলেই ওটা করে ওকে বোল্ড করলাম।

 আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে এসেই সাকলায়েনকে কোচ হিসেবে পাওয়া তো ভাগ্যেরও ব্যাপার...
সোহাগ: অবশ্যই। সাকলায়েন ভাইয়ের ক্ষেত্রে আরেকটা ব্যাপার হলো, শুধু ভালো কোচই নন, অসাধারণ একজন মানুষও। আমাদের সঙ্গে দ্রুত মিশতে পেরেছেন, আমরাও দ্রুত শিখতে পেরেছি। উনি চলে যাচ্ছেন, আশা করি আবার আমরা পাব ওনাকে।[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-12-12/news/312585

This is what Saqi was famous for reading the batsmen, find his weakness and bowl accordingly. I loved watching him bowl. And like I thought, he really is a good person.

I think Saqlain is the only foreign coach to have left such a big impression on our boys within such a short time.

simon
December 12, 2012, 11:00 AM
just because Saqlain had a good impact on our bowlers particularly spinners against a team like WI which struggles against spin I'm not buying the idea of making him the head coach.
The best he can be (for the time being) is a bowling coach imo.

Sorry to say but I think we r acting like typical bangalis, ektu bhalo korsey baas,ekey mathay tuila nacho,
Srilonkay jaya jokhon spinner ra Sanga,Mahela der pedani khabe tokhon ei shob nacha nachi chuita jabey.(certainly I don't hope that happens but I would like to wait & see how they cope with Srilankans, so far Saqlain is defo a good spin coach to keep)

dark mage
December 12, 2012, 11:00 AM
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=eb0fd39614866f36a18c701956dcd 477&nttl=20121212091759157955

I don't like this. People like Saqlain are workaholic and want to work. If he is given the job as a BCB coach, he might be under utilised, get fed up and eventually leave.

Also, the national team Head Coach is more than likely to refuse his offer as most coaches would see someone as famous, well liked person like Saqlain as a threat, annoyance, interfering and are highly unlikely to request his help.

I mean take Richard Pybus as an example, he didn't want Saqlain to conduct a spin camp. If he becomes the BCB coach are players will most likely be deprived of his guidance.

So either bring him as a National team coach, academy coach or don't bring him back at all.

Saqlain being praised by players also confirms one more thing and that is, while a lot of people say that famous players don't make good coaches, the opposite is also true.

BANFAN
December 12, 2012, 01:23 PM
just because Saqlain had a good impact on our bowlers particularly spinners against a team like WI which struggles against spin I'm not buying the idea of making him the head coach.
The best he can be (for the time being) is a bowling coach imo.

Sorry to say but I think we r acting like typical bangalis, ektu bhalo korsey baas,ekey mathay tuila nacho,
Srilonkay jaya jokhon spinner ra Sanga,Mahela der pedani khabe tokhon ei shob nacha nachi chuita jabey.(certainly I don't hope that happens but I would like to wait & see how they cope with Srilankans, so far Saqlain is defo a good spin coach to keep)

:up: ......we brought him for short term, If he has shown signs of a good spin bowling coach, then make him a spin bowling coach for longer duration....and if he continues to do well over a longer period of time and displays his ability to b a head coach, then make him HC,.....that way you get the best services from a person....

HC now is just a .....:facepalm:

Beamer
December 12, 2012, 01:28 PM
He has really made a huge mark on our off spinners. I would love him to stay with us for a long time. But, the problem is we don't play enough, and it will be unfair for him to stay with us knowing that we are inactive four-six months at a time. We can make him a permanent spin coach and pay him accordingly. I think Gazi needs him. He is going to be real good who will fetch us a lot of wkts. Make the investement BCB.