PDA

View Full Version : Why Mahmud played well

Hasib
March 15, 2004, 03:57 AM
If you have read through the articles you will know the answer to this one.

Firstly, the pitch suited his bowling.

Secondly, he said that he reassessed his bowling after the 3rd & 4th ODIs (about time too).

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 15, 2004, 10:39 AM
well who cares why he played well. he played well that is the most important thing.

rafiq
March 15, 2004, 12:25 PM
he re-assessed his bowling? I'd like to hear how and what. wish he had done this assessment before. sujon always bowls well on certain types of wickets - wonder why they couldn't have picked him as required by the wicket, instead of carrying him for every match. this is my only sujon post of the day, will limit myself to 2 per week from now on. one or two members are becoming visibly upset, don't want to create additional burden on hospital emergency room services in this country...

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 15, 2004, 12:38 PM
well aita kintu akta khubi kothin kotha bollen rafiq bhai. apni buzhben kemon kore je oh kon pitch a bhalo boll korbe ar kontate kharap korbe. aita tu khubi akta kothin kotha. he is a good player. i like his attacking spirit which lacks in many of our players. i thing the youngsters has a lot to learn about attacking spirit maybe not about technique though.

Hasib
March 15, 2004, 03:47 PM
the thing is certain types of pitches suit certain bowling. For example, a hard rocky pitch suits fast bowlers.

kkakash
March 15, 2004, 08:57 PM
His performance does not matter anymore?

his time is over.

"IT WILL BE A BETTER INVESTEMNT TO REPLACE HIM WITH A YOUNG PLAYER"

Tehsin
March 15, 2004, 09:38 PM
FRB bhai, usually teams are selected based on the wickets. Easiest example, sub continental pitches see teams loading up on spinners while Aussie and NZ wickets favor the pace bowlers and teams are picked based on that. The only reason we had four pacers in that match was because it was pacer friendly. But all credit goes to shujon for a great performance. The others failed to utilize the wicket on the day.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 15, 2004, 10:18 PM
ji tehsin bhai,
kothata kintu thik. tobe oi pitch jodi pace nirbhor hoye thake tahole to shob cheye beshi shafollo pawar kotha taposh ebong aziz ar. tobe tara korte bertho hon. mahmud tar medium pace diyai kintu bolke swing koran ebong line ebong length bojai rekhe boling koran. shutorang all the credit goes to him apni kintu thiki bolechen. onnora wicket ar shubidha aday korte bertho hon. dannabad.

Tehsin
March 15, 2004, 10:33 PM
Another thing - shujon er dewal e pith theke giyechilo. He was a BOJHA for the team. While one good performance doesn't change much, it was vital for him to save his place in the team. His performance worked more for him than the team (wish we had another player with a selfish streak).