PDA

View Full Version : Rokibul The "WALL" is back!!!:D + Petition thread to bring back Rok in the T20 team by WC 2012

Nadim
July 10, 2012, 09:30 AM
Practice match 3
Bangladesh A won by 8 wicket .
National team 243/9
Mushy 59 Zia 68

Bangladesh A 244/2
Rakibul 140 (62 balls)
Nafis 85*

[বাংলা]কে বলেছে রকিবুল হাসান টি-টোয়েন্টি পারেন না? তিনি যে ২০ ওভারের খেলাতেও ভালো তা প্রমাণ করে দিলেন জাতীয় দলের বিপক্ষে ১৪০ রানের ঝড়ো ইনিংস খেলে। তিন নম্বরে ব্যাট করতে নেমে ৬২ বলে সমান ১৪টি চার ও ছয় হাঁকিয়ে অনবদ্য ওই ইনিংসটি খেলেছেন রকিবুল।[/বাংলা]

in T20 match :wow:

played in academy pitch and it wa s T20 match so what? 140 is not a joke in a t20 game! Call him up for the T20 series!!!! we need him!!!:D:goal:

http://www.banglanews24.com/images/imgAll/2012June/Rokibul-Bating20120710213453.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/2012June/Practice-Match120710-0920120710190721.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/2012June/Practice-Match120710-0320120710190647.jpg

Rabz
July 10, 2012, 09:32 AM
Rock just made MoC bhai's day :D

BengaliPagol
July 10, 2012, 09:37 AM
so BD A team beat the BD team. Wow Raqibul. And what abt Nafees? Unexpected score from him as well.

AsifTheManRahman
July 10, 2012, 09:38 AM
Drama Queen > Ice Man > Brad Man

MSM B2C
July 10, 2012, 09:41 AM
Raqibul Hasan: Has good talent and skill! Used to do well Shakib and Raqibul Partnership in ODI.

Then Came the Drama: This changed the mentality of many BC fans and Now he has more Haters.

I hope he can come back soon, ODI I mean.

Maysun
July 10, 2012, 09:47 AM
signed, please bring back the king! :notworthy:

Maysun
July 10, 2012, 09:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/nl4hg.jpg

I made this for the occasion! :D

tiger_army
July 10, 2012, 09:51 AM
I still like him...if tuk tuk misbah can play for pakistan then why not ROK

MSM B2C
July 10, 2012, 09:54 AM
The Problem Is: Raqibul Hasan got Too Many Haters:

The Main Victim of Raqibul Hasan: Mustafa Kamal!

I doubt he will get in the team SOON!

Nadim
July 10, 2012, 10:29 AM
I still like him...if tuk tuk misbah can play for pakistan then why not ROK

Miasbah can only dream about getting a 100 in any ground:down:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

MohammedC
July 10, 2012, 10:30 AM
Rock just made MoC bhai's day :D

He definitely made my fruitful day even better.

playmaker
July 10, 2012, 10:32 AM
Practice match 3
Bangladesh A won by 8 wicket .
National team 243/9
Mushy 59 Zia 68

Bangladesh A 244/2
Rakibul 140 !!!
Nafis 85*

Source: FB

in T20 match :wow:

played in academy pitch and it wa s T20 match so what? 120 is not a joke! Call him up for the T20 series!!!! we need him!!!:D:goal:

:facepalm::facepalm:

i cant believe we bangalis get hyped over such stupid things, if only Rok did well in BPL...oh wait he didnt even get a bid in BPL :waiting:

Nadim
July 10, 2012, 10:39 AM
:facepalm::facepalm:

i cant believe we bangalis get hyped over such stupid things, if only Rok did well in BPL...oh wait he didnt even get a bid in BPL :waiting:
He is getting billons in bpl 2. Just wait and see;)

playmaker
July 10, 2012, 10:45 AM
He is getting billons in bpl 2. Just wait and see;)

:umm:

bet lagiben bhaijan? The winner gets a lungi from the loser

Jadukor
July 10, 2012, 10:55 AM
I want to play in this field.... Naeem chokka maare, roquibul maare bepar ki

shakibrulz
July 10, 2012, 10:58 AM
This is honestly a joke. Why would they even bother playing such a pathetic joke of a practice game? Goodness me.

Ajfar
July 10, 2012, 11:04 AM
This is honestly a joke. Why would they even bother playing such a pathetic joke of a practice game? Goodness me.

Mirpur stadium is taken because of construction. We don't want to get whopped by Ireland do we? It doesn't hurt to play a few practice games even if the field is really small.

Dhakablues
July 10, 2012, 11:06 AM
Well, he is the player who scored 313 no in domestic FC leagu, went to Australia on scholarship... was a 'super talent' during his U19 league, so he is no 'pathetic joke'.

Nevertheless, its an unexpected score and i am glad that even the A team is showing that they are no pushover!! Well done Shahrier, this also will boost his confidence in India..

MohammedC
July 10, 2012, 11:07 AM
If it is a joke then why did the other fail.

zinatf
July 10, 2012, 11:08 AM
Drama? Ki drama korse ROK?

Nadim
July 10, 2012, 11:11 AM
Full scorecard

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/571786.html

11 :six:'s...My Word :bravo:

MohammedC
July 10, 2012, 11:19 AM
Drama? Ki drama korse ROK?

He did not. He was the first victim of ....... and he retired when he could not take it anymore. Everyone thought he was making things up. Hence the term "drama queen". Few days later Shakib was on his knees in front of same person.

Oh BTW Rokibul gets bowled or LBW. Its very rare you see him getting caught. Thats why you probably have noticed few post in past week about him not knowing where his off stump is. If he can continue to guard his off stump consider his price just doubled in next BPL. Anyway he should not have been ignored in BPL.

Tiger444
July 10, 2012, 11:30 AM
Our players really know how to surprise us in different ways. Who would've thought Naeem and Rokibul could play these type of innings? It's the same old story with our players. They all have ability but don't know how to put it together. That being said, these guys are still young and maybe their finally starting to understand their games. We wont know though until we see them play a string of matches but lets hope they continue to do well. It'll increase the competition inside the team and motivate guys to perform.

zinatf
July 10, 2012, 11:45 AM
He did not. He was the first victim of ....... and he retired when he could not take it anymore. Everyone thought he was making things up. Hence the term "drama queen". Few days later Shakib was on his knees in front of same person.

Oh BTW Rokibul gets bowled or LBW. Its very rare you see him getting caught. Thats why you probably have noticed few post in past week about him not knowing where his off stump is. If he can continue to guard his off stump consider his price just doubled in next BPL. Anyway he should not have been ignored in BPL.

Jantam apnar thekei uttor ta pabo MoC bhai :D

Hope he gets back in the national squad if he is that good....

Jadukor
July 10, 2012, 11:57 AM
I agree with you that this field must really be super small. We were never a 180-200 type of batting team in International cricket or domestic T-20 cricket. In the BPL scores were high due to foreign players and national stars playing in same teams. When you see scores like 270, 240 in T-20 which even the best world 11s would struggle to achieve one must question the length of the boundaries.
Good for Rockibul that he scored and came into the spot light.. but to draft him in because of this knock would be a complete joke indeed. We must wait and see how he does in the A team tour first. I am tired of seeing all the practice match superstars flopping in the real games

crikss
July 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
lol..that cricket ground is too small.. Even under 15 cricketer can smash sixes all over the ground.

ahnaf
July 10, 2012, 12:01 PM
Lol..nadim bhai.. Thread Super hit..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Jadukor
July 10, 2012, 12:04 PM
The thread title is misleading... this isn't Rockibul the Wall!... this is Rockibul the BEAST!

Night_wolf
July 10, 2012, 12:18 PM
Lol jei mathe khela hoche aksomoy oikhane polapain ra khelto

TigerEz
July 10, 2012, 12:19 PM
I coached rock for this match!

Jadukor
July 10, 2012, 12:19 PM
i heard crease er theke "thutu" fellei naaki chokka hoiye jai? can you confirm NW?

Night_wolf
July 10, 2012, 12:21 PM
i heard crease er theke "thutu" fellei naaki chokka hoiye jai? can you confirm NW?

Thutu felle hobena but thutu te pichla kheye apni chokka hoye jete paren..osomvob kisuna

TigerEz
July 10, 2012, 12:23 PM
i dont care about the pitch but what i care about is that rocky scored 140!

kalpurush
July 10, 2012, 12:46 PM
Well, he is the player who scored 313 no in domestic FC leagu, went to Australia on scholarship... was a 'super talent' during his U19 league, so he is no 'pathetic joke'.

Nevertheless, its an unexpected score and i am glad that even the A team is showing that they are no pushover!! Well done Shahrier, this also will boost his confidence in India..
ROK is talented and hard working as well. He spoke out against the Establishment, thus, we "hate" him.

He lost his form in the middle, thus, was out of national team. If he gets his form back, he will be in the national team again, inshAllah :)

roman
July 10, 2012, 12:59 PM
I just don't understand people's reactions about Rok... Rokib did good and we should be happy to see that a cricketer is trying his best to come back to the national team. We should wish him all the best. But I do agree that the ground was a factor. I am very much interested to see how he performs in India. That will give a clear indication of his progress..

AsifTheManRahman
July 10, 2012, 01:01 PM
Mirpur stadium is taken because of construction. We don't want to get whopped by Ireland do we? It doesn't hurt to play a few practice games even if the field is really small.
I think these games are more big-hitting exercises than anything else. Hit hit hit, as far and hard as you can. I remember the South African team back in the mid-nineties used to have practice sessions (and probably still do) where all that the batsmen do is try to hit big without worrying about getting out.

It's pretty sad that a Test playing team doesn't have a proper ground for practice matches though.

Shaan
July 10, 2012, 01:41 PM
thread should be rock the dynamite, not wall!!
Moc bai gaan gay" ye keya hua kayse hua" :)

MohammedC
July 10, 2012, 01:49 PM
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aTQ-uckspGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"The look on Richard Pybus's face is priceless". According to him few position is still up for grab. If you dont perform then you will loose your place.

cricheart
July 10, 2012, 02:19 PM
OMG! those are some very big scores! 12-13rpo.. Were the bowlers seriously bowling there, or just a batting practice how to hit loose balls.

dash
July 10, 2012, 03:09 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-07-11/news/272737
কেউ একাডেমির ছোট মাঠকে এর কৃতিত্ব দিতে পারেন। কিন্তু মাঠ ছোট কেবল উইকেট সোজাসুজিই। উইকেটের আড়াআড়ি ঝুঁকিমুক্ত ছক্কা নিশ্চিত করতে শটগুলো বড় মাঠের মতোই জোরালো হতে হয়। চার-ছক্কার মারগুলোতে রকিবুল সেরকম শটই খেলেছেন বেশির ভাগ। হাঁটু গেড়ে মারা একটা কভার ড্রাইভ তো রীতিমতো চোখে লেগে থাকার মতো।

mali007
July 10, 2012, 04:04 PM
..যে বাদ পড়ে, সে-ই বোঝে’

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ১১-০৭-২০১২

ঘটনাটা একাডেমির ছোট মাঠে ঘটেছে। তবে কাল জাতীয় দলের বিপক্ষে টি-টোয়েন্টি প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচে রকিবুল হাসানের সেঞ্চুরি শুধু ছোট মাঠের সৌজন্যে নয়, তাঁর দুর্দান্ত ব্যাটিংয়েরও বড় ভূমিকা এতে। ‘এ’ দলের এই ব্যাটসম্যান এটাকে দেখছেন সব ধরনের ক্রিকেটে তাঁর সামর্থ্যের প্রমাণ হিসেবে
 টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচে সেঞ্চুরি করে ফেললেন। খুব খুশি?
রকিবুল হাসান: এক শ যেখানেই করেন, যেকোনো ব্যাটসম্যানকেই সেটা অন্য রকম আত্মবিশ্বাস দেয়। কতটা আনন্দ যে হচ্ছে, বলে বোঝাতে পারব না। তবে সবচেয়ে বড় কথা, আমরা জাতীয় দলকে হারাতে পেরেছি।

আরও পড়ুন (http://www.prothom-alo.com/print/news/272758)

Rifat
July 10, 2012, 04:18 PM
congrats Roquibul :clap: Don't let haters get to your head! :ninja: Keep working at your game!

Rifat
July 10, 2012, 04:31 PM
The weather conditions + Spin Friendly attack+ small field + Angry Roquibul = 140 off 61 balls :D

nonetheless a good knock mashaAllah on the video he was playing shots all over the park.

BANFAN
July 10, 2012, 07:30 PM

:up: except me ...:)

Zeeshan
July 10, 2012, 07:32 PM
140 != 200

BANFAN
July 10, 2012, 07:41 PM
Tendul under threat...!!?

ialbd
July 10, 2012, 07:43 PM
he did sth that others certainly couldnt do... it was the same ground for all....

so kudos to Rock.... but lets keep this within this thread. He still has a LOT to do before making a comeback....

Navo
July 10, 2012, 08:07 PM
If there was anything that could have caused Sohel bhai to prematurely resurface before the Irish series, I thought it would be this. The will is strong haha

Antora
July 10, 2012, 09:18 PM
I saw this on the news just then and my mouth just dropped. For real? ROK? really? :-|

Zeeshan
July 10, 2012, 09:49 PM
koi roqib ke to dekha jache na ekhane (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/284198.html)

lamisa
July 11, 2012, 01:37 AM
first e i thought eta ODI :-P my my my!!! rock toh dekhi pura gorje uthlo!

PoorFan
July 11, 2012, 01:51 AM
Guys, lets see anything near to this happen against India, or even next few matches he plays. Till then, he has earned the right to enjoy the ride.

BengaliPagol
July 11, 2012, 03:00 AM
temporary no. 3 solution for the team?

Ahaha im not getting too ahead of myself. I like the intent of Raqibul. I always respected his approach and i still feel he has unfinished business in the team. He is that sensible cricketer which we dont particularly have in the team. But his average in FC and List A are not good enough so i would want him to improve the averages first then really consider him.

playmaker
July 11, 2012, 04:48 AM
temporary no. 3 solution for the team?

Ahaha im not getting too ahead of myself. I like the intent of Raqibul. I always respected his approach and i still feel he has unfinished business in the team. He is that sensible cricketer which we dont particularly have in the team. But his average in FC and List A are not good enough so i would want him to improve the averages first then really consider him.

Exactly my point

Rokibul never performed well enough be deserve a chance in the side. Jahurul, imrul and few others, even ashraful has better performances in domestic to justify their inclusion in the team. Rok, has hardly performed/played at recent times so it would be absolutely stupid to give him a chance ahead of some others

simon
July 11, 2012, 05:17 AM
koisilam na

Dekh lega Rokibul. :fire:
bravo

Roni_uk
July 11, 2012, 05:26 AM
wow 140 off 61 - just found out from cricinfo. I think making the ground shorter for practise match was a brilliant idea. It taught players about fearless hitting. Can't wait till the real matches.

Jadukor
July 11, 2012, 05:31 AM
wow 140 off 61 - just found out from cricinfo. I think making the ground shorter for practise match was a brilliant idea. It thought players about fearless hitting. Can't wait till the real matches.

If they all get caught in the deep in the real matches it wouldnt seem that brilliant

BANFAN
July 11, 2012, 06:34 AM
wow 140 off 61 - just found out from cricinfo. I think making the ground shorter for practise match was a brilliant idea. It taught players about fearless hitting. Can't wait till the real matches.

Also Prepares them for fearless out.ing...:)

Well, atleast it gives them confidence of hitting..

Naimul_Hd
July 11, 2012, 06:41 AM
Is this thread some kind of 'jinxing' thread to stop Raki Bull's great run with bat ? Nadim ? :smug:

Fazal
July 12, 2012, 11:45 AM
Surprised. Really surprised... to me ... it was shockingly surprising innings.

However I am not convinced yet whether its a one time lucky innnings or not.

But then again its T20.... its the right format for the brave to try their luck to hit jackpot...it's hit or miss kind of format.... hit you are the hero ... miss no problem buddy try your luck next time kind of format.

max410
July 13, 2012, 12:26 AM
It was just a fluke ashraful has many fluke innings like this by which he tried to prove he was a good cricketer but yet again failed to prove it again don't judge everything by one match he wont be able to do it in international cricket against good bowling side i can guarantee you that.

akabir77
July 13, 2012, 07:47 AM
Trigger happy people r every where. Let him play like that for the whole year

AMD128
July 13, 2012, 12:29 PM
Just ONE innings. And here we are. xD I could've support his selection if he evn played it in SBNC Stadium. Academy field is relatively small. Easy to hit 6 straight. Anyway, I still prefer to see some consistency from him rather than one EID innings. So, I still would prefer to not have him in the squad just because he played one AWESOME innings.

AsifTheManRahman
July 13, 2012, 12:39 PM
Just ONE innings. And here we are. xD I could've support his selection if he evn played it in SBNC Stadium. Academy field is relatively small. Easy to hit 6 straight. Anyway, I still prefer to see some consistency from him rather than one EID innings. So, I still would prefer to not have him in the squad just because he played one AWESOME innings.
Nadim was just pulling MoC bhai's leg and mocking Raqibul at the same time. Two birds in one stone. I'm sure he doesn't want Raqibul back.

Rubu
July 13, 2012, 09:42 PM
Are we sure someone else accidentally did not wear his jersey? And those are not some file pics?

Just had to make sure.

BANFAN
July 16, 2012, 06:04 PM
It was just a fluke xxxxxl has many fluke innings like this by which he tried to prove he was a good cricketer but yet again failed to prove it again don't judge everything by one .........

when it's many; it's not called a fluke anymore.

Nadim
July 16, 2012, 06:21 PM
Ajke ash er jaygay jodi Rok open kore 20 over tike thakto, Rok 100 runs kore math charto. whereas, Sir ash just got his 50 playing entire 20 overs.

Bcb is missing a gem here:(

MohammedC
July 16, 2012, 07:57 PM
Ajke ash er jaygay jodi Rok open kore 20 over tike thakto, Rok 100 runs kore math charto. whereas, Sir ash just got his 50 playing entire 20 overs.

Bcb is missing a gem here:(

Nadim is that the BC version of "Poke" I mean "kucha".

Jadukor
July 16, 2012, 09:41 PM
Nadim is that the BC version of "Poke" I mean "kucha".

you mean "Khocha" naaki kucha bole kono shobdo aase?

Ajfar
July 16, 2012, 10:30 PM

Mo bhai went all sylheti on Nadim. Kucha = khocha in sylheti

Zunaid
July 16, 2012, 11:51 PM

Kucho / kucha - hunched back. MoC was insulting Nadim.

Nadim
July 17, 2012, 03:48 AM
Sotti kotha'r bhat nai're bhai, bhat nai :(

simon
July 17, 2012, 10:19 AM
Rock jodi wall hoy MoC bhai shei wall er cement,ar Nadim shei wall er perek.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Jadukor
July 17, 2012, 11:12 AM
Rock jodi wall hoy MoC bhai shei wall er cement,ar Nadim shei wall er perek.

Aar tumi ki shei wall er upor pora kaaker....?:D

MohammedC
July 17, 2012, 11:20 AM
And Jadukor is the "David Copperfield" who walked through the wall.

simon
July 17, 2012, 11:49 AM
Aar tumi ki shei wall er upor pora kaaker....?:D

ami shei wall er eet.:-P

Crisis
July 17, 2012, 11:51 AM
If Rok bats in a T20, score will be 0/0 after 20 overs

playmaker
July 17, 2012, 12:33 PM
Kucho / kucha - hunched back. MoC was insulting Nadim.

Im planning on making a film name khucha the poke, about the relation between nadim bhai and rokiba apa :D

I need some assistant though :umm:

reyme
July 17, 2012, 06:43 PM
One of the most humble and hard working players. Reminds me of Rana.