PDA

View Full Version : ICC Test Ranking!!!!

MohammedC
July 14, 2012, 02:22 PM
We are now officially on "Zero Points" and "Zero Rating". :clap:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/content/current/page/211271.html

TigerEz
July 14, 2012, 02:26 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO! yah babe! i've waiting for this moment for years! its finally here! I LOVE test cricket and i love my team!

Rabz
July 14, 2012, 02:42 PM
So, all the other teams carried over their points and Bangladesh didn't ??
How is this rating done ??
Any more info anyone ??

TigerEz
July 14, 2012, 02:47 PM
^^ I believe playing matches help your points and winning matches helps your rankings.

deshimon
July 14, 2012, 07:13 PM
Eita ki obstha!

tiger_bright
July 14, 2012, 07:28 PM
wow. bangladesh really is a bad side.

0 points?

BengaliPagol
July 14, 2012, 08:11 PM
not suprising actually.

Roni_uk
July 14, 2012, 08:25 PM
One good thing is that we can't go backwards :)

Antora
July 14, 2012, 08:44 PM
wow! what! *shock*

playmaker
July 14, 2012, 09:56 PM
dont worry, test cricket will die soon :D

TigerEz
July 14, 2012, 09:57 PM
hehehe....^^^ i agree.....people lets not fuss over some dead sport!

Night_wolf
July 14, 2012, 10:39 PM
lol..congrats to BD

lamisa
July 14, 2012, 11:33 PM
we can start from ground level now! :-p

Rabz
July 14, 2012, 11:44 PM
Bepar na, its a fresh new start for us.

Maysun
July 14, 2012, 11:59 PM
We will be getting better odds, YEEESSSSS!

Zeeshan
July 15, 2012, 12:00 AM
Do I smell the fresh scent of purity? Aaaaaaaaahhh zeroooo

Isnaad
July 15, 2012, 12:06 AM
I was waiting for this day to come. I knew it was coming!

Jadukor
July 15, 2012, 02:31 AM
this just in... Mustafa Kamal Khata arekbar check korar jonne ICC ke request korsen

Rabz
July 15, 2012, 02:36 AM
http://www.theunies.com/blog/uploaded_images/numbers_between_0_and_9-709959.jpg

You see above ??
That's the new ICC ranking system.

We are actually at the top.
The ranking starts with us.

zinatf
July 15, 2012, 02:41 AM
^:lol: Clever Rabz bhai!

I really don't want test cricket to die...I think for cricketers this is the format that they really find it challenging and like it as well....

playmaker
July 15, 2012, 04:12 AM
^:lol: C;ever Rabz bhai!

I really don't want test cricket to die...I think for cricketers this is the format that they really find it challenging and like it as well....

i feel the same as well. But for cricket to gain more following, I dont think test cricket is the best option because the dullness, and possibility of draws, all which are un-ideal for fans to follow.

Most will disagree, but I think test cricket has no future in the SC. Esp. with the lack of interest, un-ideal weather throughout the year, growing interest towards T20. And so on. BUt from my point of view test cricket never was the ideal format for the SC. These are 3rd world nations and the people cant afford to go onto watching mundane cricket matches, in such scorching heat and not to mention the possibilty of a washout

cricheart
July 15, 2012, 05:22 AM
Very well deserving. :clap: Looks like a clean new badge, got test license renewed with zero point lol. So how long we are gonna stay here like this?

kalpurush
July 15, 2012, 05:34 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO! yah babe! i've waiting for this moment for years! its finally here! I LOVE test cricket and i love my team!
Please stop trolling.

Night_wolf
July 15, 2012, 05:37 AM
Please stop trolling.

IMO he cant differentiate between trolling and posting, TigerEZ do read the rules one more time, KP bhai let him know how he is trolling and he'll stop i guess

kalpurush
July 15, 2012, 05:45 AM
If we don't play Test, how could we get points?

BCB is at fault here -

kalpurush
July 15, 2012, 05:49 AM
IMO he cant differentiate between trolling and posting, TigerEZ do read the rules one more time, KP bhai let him know how he is trolling and he'll stop i guess
Good thinking! Thanks for the advice :)

Navo
July 15, 2012, 06:01 AM
BUt from my point of view test cricket never was the ideal format for the SC. These are 3rd world nations and the people cant afford to go onto watching mundane cricket matches, in such scorching heat and not to mention the possibilty of a washout

I disagree. If the scheduling is done right i.e. Tests are not hosted during the monsoon, then it is not likely that matches will be rained off. Washouts are more common in places like England, Ireland or the West Indies and even then you still see great turnouts to Test matches.

Those who say Test cricket will die out are like those people who said symphony orchestras and classical music will die out. Test cricket, unlike the other two formats, embodies a certain culture that still holds a great attraction for those nurtured within it. Test cricket is all about context: not only sporting achievements and rivalries but also the ambiance of cricket grounds, white kits, cherished felt caps, long drawn out emotions and so on and so forth. To appreciate Test cricket, one has to appreciate its legacy at the same time. It's never just about the 22 players on the ground.

That's why in England and Australia, many people, both young and old, still swear by Test cricket and will watch little else. It's why they still turn out in droves despite soaring prices and unpredictable play. Now whether such an ethos can be exported is another matter...

deshimon
July 15, 2012, 06:24 AM
It is interesting for us! We can start from the opening like inaugaral Test match.

al Furqaan
July 15, 2012, 01:20 PM
Should be a firm kick in BCB's rear to schedule tests against anyone anywhere. Instaed of jerking off to whatever limited overs tournament is months away.

wasi90lkv1
July 18, 2012, 06:26 PM
we should get some points very soon, now that zimbabwe have test status.

we should seriously target zimbabwe and new zealand.

deshimon
July 19, 2012, 04:20 PM
we should get some points very soon, now that zimbabwe have test status.

we should seriously target zimbabwe and new zealand.

We have already been defeated by Zimbabwe at their home & next series against them April, 2013 is also at their home.

New Zealand also a better team so it is a little hope.