PDA

View Full Version : Well Played Ireland!!!!

MohammedC
July 20, 2012, 02:40 PM
BanglaCricket.com like to thank Ireland for an wonderful match. You have fought like a very good cricket team. Its so unfortunate when you have missed out coming so close. We know how it feels. We have been there and we bounced back and so can you. So cheerio my green friends.

Shubho
July 20, 2012, 02:44 PM
I couldn't give a rat's behind about the "fight" they showed. Pompous fools. They can grow taters on the Stormont pitch for all I care. Always trying to one-up us just because we have a poor track record in tests. They should focus on their own goddamn development and quit putting us down. We're too good for them even on a bad day. They can suck it.

tglover
July 20, 2012, 02:47 PM
^^^ I think both of these are really good comments! hahaha! One thing I think about the Irish side is that they don't have a great bunch of guys coming through. The team we see now is their strongest, but once 4-5 of these guys retire (Joyce, Johnson, Porterfield, Cusack, etc) Ireland will be a weak team again. Same thing happened with Kenya and we all saw the result of that. Bangladesh on the other hand have more and more talent coming through which is wonderful to see!

simon
July 20, 2012, 02:50 PM
Kisher well. Played?
It was their game all the way when they were bating.
That was just not good enough and must be heart breaking for the Irish fans and players
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

kalpurush
July 20, 2012, 02:50 PM
Well, it was anybody's match today. Ireland did fight back though. Congrats :)

On the other side Ireland should stop bashing us and as Shubho said, they should focus on their own game rather ours.

Ace of BD
July 20, 2012, 02:53 PM
Let them develop a good attitude themselves first...very well said tglover, they are just the next kenya...fortunately for them, they have got at a time several good guys, wait for few years before they disappear and lemme see how they fare....even at their best, they can't match us on our bad days as today's match showed...bottomline, they can show their superiority against the likes of afghanistan, but against us, their performance has been as low as the handful of spectators that turn out for their games...talk about cricket in their country...lol, their own countrymen dont even know an irish cricket team exists

cricheart
July 20, 2012, 02:53 PM
Whos the Irish here?!

Dont worry I'll support you guys on WT20, against India/Pakistan. Till then Let get ready for a banglawash here. :)

NoName
July 20, 2012, 02:58 PM
Where is this 'Ireland bashing us notion' coming from?

Habib
July 20, 2012, 03:01 PM
Yeah. Well played Ireland, but you choked at the end. Hoping for a Banglawash BTW.

Habib
July 20, 2012, 03:02 PM
Where is this 'Ireland bashing us notion' coming from?

Long story bro.

PoorFan
July 20, 2012, 03:05 PM
Yeah, well played. Now go home and take some pill.

BANFAN
July 20, 2012, 03:06 PM
Ya, really well played Ireland..... Very well comeback from the rubbles of First Match.

simon
July 20, 2012, 03:11 PM
and also that six of the last ball was amazing....
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

akabir77
July 20, 2012, 03:14 PM
good job iRE for losing by one run? well i think the last six doesn't count... anyway yeah concentrate on ur own structure and don't let u r players play in england and if u do don't expect them to come back and stop bashing us...

z777
July 20, 2012, 03:25 PM
Well played Ashraful.:applause:

reyme
July 20, 2012, 03:36 PM
Sadly no one opens a thread like this "well played Bangladesh" in other fan page.
Worse yet, when we lose, they will justify why we dont even deserve an ODI status let alone a Test status.

If we would have lost this game some Indian fans would be all over us: Revoke their Test status and replace BD with IRE.

al Furqaan
July 20, 2012, 04:05 PM
When did the irish bash us?

reyme
July 20, 2012, 04:18 PM
I think it is really some clueless Indian fans, who has set mind to bash us every opportunity they get...also I think its not the Irish but the media in general who has reservation against BD...

Dilscoop
July 20, 2012, 04:29 PM
Many people believe that Bdesh is hogging up Ireland's place in world cricket. If we had lost these last 2 games, there would've been a huge fuss about swapping our test status (don't ask me where they get the connection between T20 and Tests). But of course nobody's making any noise now...

AsifTheManRahman
July 20, 2012, 04:35 PM
I couldn't give a rat's behind about the "fight" they showed. Pompous fools. They can grow taters on the Stormont pitch for all I care. Always trying to one-up us just because we have a poor track record in tests. They should focus on their own goddamn development and quit putting us down. We're too good for them even on a bad day. They can suck it.
I like this post very much.

I also like cricket.

Zeeshan
July 20, 2012, 04:37 PM
I like cricket too. It seems almost borderline pity that we are congratulating them for a "well-played" fight. You either win or lose. No place for second best.

-Zee

deshimon
July 20, 2012, 05:25 PM
Many people believe that Bdesh is hogging up Ireland's place in world cricket. If we had lost these last 2 games, there would've been a huge fuss about swapping our test status (don't ask me where they get the connection between T20 and Tests). But of course nobody's making any noise now...

We are always better team than Ireland. Some Indian guys are always bashing us. We have to respond with our performance like this. Then nobody can say anything against us.

MohammedC
July 20, 2012, 05:33 PM
MohammedC is having that awkward moment ......"Why the hell did you open this thread in BC"

BANFAN
July 20, 2012, 06:30 PM
Sadly no one opens a thread like this "well played Bangladesh" in other fan page.....

Most of the teams do, if you play well... May be Indians won't...

I saw such threads in even Pak Passion after Asia Cup finals... Thing is, we have to fight with the bigger teams ..... Which we generally don't do..

Shubho
July 21, 2012, 09:02 AM
Most of the teams do, if you play well... May be Indians won't...

I saw such threads in even Pak Passion after Asia Cup finals... Thing is, we have to fight with the bigger teams ..... Which we generally don't do..

Rubbish. The congratulatory threads on PakPassion are opened by Bangladeshis who still feel they need validation from Peskistanis 40 years after independence. Some people just lack self-respect.

Shaun petr
July 21, 2012, 09:07 AM
Rubbish. The congratulatory threads on PakPassion are opened by Bangladeshis who still feel they need validation from Peskistanis 40 years after independence. Some people just lack self-respect.

i doubt they are Bangladeshi.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

jisaan
July 21, 2012, 09:11 AM
garbage thread! we surely have much more important issues related to our cricket.

don't think even a handful of irish supporters wud be here to appreciate this! what a waste of time and energy!

cricheart
July 21, 2012, 09:23 AM

Dont bring PP view/perspectives here. PP consists +80% non-residential Pakistanis, who dont represent real current Pakistani mentality towards outsiders anyway; a bunch of dual citizens & immigrants still livin in scars & hates from SC divisions eras lacks respect, love, ethenic identity for their own home & neighbours. Only a handful few apreciate any Bangladeshi achievements there.

Tigers_eye
July 21, 2012, 09:28 AM
The point is after the first match they could have easily folded but they didn't. Congrats. I am an irish supporter on any other day.Just as I am a Afgan supporter as well.

Gulli kaan'er paash diye gasey!! Harle poray shob maan ijjot jaito. Lets take the #4 spot. :)

PoorFan
July 21, 2012, 09:30 AM
garbage thread! we surely have much more important issues related to our cricket.

don't think even a handful of irish supporters wud be here to appreciate this! what a waste of time and energy!
Ok boys, this is too much. No need to throw 'garbage' perhaps in a 'garbage thread' in your liking.

Tigers_eye
July 21, 2012, 09:30 AM
Oh, as for young ones Dockrell, Sorenson (SA) are fine players who will serve them for few more years.

bujhee kom
July 21, 2012, 09:34 AM
Bhaang chur korien naa..ektu por tow gaari porano shuru korben goo dadas!!

Ek Glass thanda Daaber paani khaan...matha Thanda korun, Shaanto houn, Blood pressure baraben naa and be cool like Al-Shagor!!

Tigers_eye
July 21, 2012, 09:35 AM
MohammedC is having that awkward moment ......"Why the hell did you open this thread in BC"
Pay no attention. Month of Ramadan. Need to clean the heart ("...so that you can achieve piety" -2/183). Only way to do that is remove Hatred and Envy!!

We are not to low our standards if others (nations) do. Once again, congrats Ireland for a great fight.

bujhee kom
July 21, 2012, 09:41 AM
^^Karon sobar pachar bhitor Saitan lookiey achey...Karon, eirokom Thread khultey Khub Anondo-Foorti-Moja lagey!! Karon, saitan jokhon guta dei tokhon khub mojak lagey!@!

Mauryan
July 21, 2012, 09:49 AM
I think it is really some clueless Indian fans, who has set mind to bash us every opportunity they get...also I think its not the Irish but the media in general who has reservation against BD...

its not just indian fans or irish fans for that matter its their players and management. I always want weaker teams to grow and become great teams but its annoying how teams like Ireland, Netherland and afghanistan seem to think we are on their level if not below them and they can just walk all over us. First of all teams like Ireland should try to attract a decent number of irish fans to watch the games. Looking at pictures on CricketEurope the only few spectators there were mostly bangladeshis living in belfast.

Shartaz
July 21, 2012, 10:02 AM

Yes.

Being gracious to you enemy shows depth of character.

But there is such a thing as being over-gracious. There is not need to be over-gracious to these Irish players who live in the delusion of their arrogance.

Sohel
July 21, 2012, 01:21 PM
What a worthy adversary!

Meas! Táimid i gcónaí bródúil as a bheith Gaeilge i spiorad ... :applause: :applause: :applause:

BANFAN
July 21, 2012, 02:44 PM
If these emerging teams don't challenge us, we won't really move forward.... Because we still don't feel ashamed losing against the bigname teams ... Ire has the right to feel that they can beat us... If that makes us feel a bit ashamed to improve ourselves against the big names...I will be happy.

I like to see Ire and Afg challenging us more and more in coming days..

akabir77
July 21, 2012, 07:03 PM
Whatever...

Sohel
July 21, 2012, 08:30 PM
The point is after the first match they could have easily folded but they didn't. Congrats. I am an irish supporter on any other day.Just as I am a Afgan supporter as well.

Exactly! Both Ireland and Afghanistan are spirited and skilled Associate sides capable of beating us and other test playing nations on their day. There's no reason to fear them, but there's absolutely no reason to be complacent and underestimate them now or at any point in time in the future. That's what being a professional side is all about and we'll get there someday soon InshAllah. Teams like Ireland and Afghanistan can help us get there because in order to beat either of them at their very best, we better be at our very best at the most crucial times. That will build the type of professional character we need to eventually avoid mid-game inconsistencies and play our best from start to finish against any opposition.

Ajfar
July 21, 2012, 08:45 PM
Oh, as for young ones Dockrell, Sorenson (SA) are fine players who will serve them for few more years.

I think ECB has their eyes on Dockrell. He is still pretty young, so he has time to grow. If he keeps up his performance in County cricket you know England will be knocking on the door with an offer. Paul Stirling said he is staying in Ireland, let's see if Docrell follows through as well.

al Furqaan
July 21, 2012, 08:45 PM
Exactly! Both Ireland and Afghanistan are spirited and skilled Associate sides capable of beating us and other test playing nations on their day. There's no reason to fear them, but there's absolutely no reason to be complacent and underestimate them now or at any point in time in the future. That's what being a professional side is all about and we'll get there someday soon InshAllah. Teams like Ireland and Afghanistan can help us get there because in order to beat either of them at their very best, we better be at our very best at the most crucial times. That will build the type of professional character to need to eventually avoid mid-game inconsistencies and play our best from start to finish against any opposition.

:up::up::up: