PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread::3rd T20I: Bangladesh vs Ireland, at Belfast. July 21, 2012 ( 15:00 GMT)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

mali007
July 21, 2012, 03:32 PM
I quit following the match after Nasir was out . Came home from Clinic , took a little nap and after praying Juhor opened my LAP TOP and got a pleasant surprise from Allah (SWT) .

sadekjake
July 21, 2012, 03:59 PM
Razab bhai: We werent good when we got the test status either. To me, I think we got better because we got the test status and played more games against quality oppositions. If we didnt achieve the test status or ODi status back in 97, we probably wouldnt have had the sponsors, hire quality coach, arrange different games, crowd following etc. that we have today. So, for Irish team wanting test status, nothing wrong in the ask. What I like is RSA board is they are being practical and asking for it in 8 years with some very specific steps to be completed than just asking for test status after few wins..

And to add to that, one must also admit that their path to a test status has been made tougher by Bangladesh's performance in Tests. I am really impressed with the Irish team, and I like the way they play with passion. Hopefully they will grow up to be a completely different breed of team and join the big brothers.

Nadim
July 21, 2012, 04:02 PM
Zee bhai ki shot match thread khulen???

ebabe dekhben manush heart attack kore morbe :(

Congrats anyway ;)

BANFAN
July 21, 2012, 05:17 PM
1000% agreed. If someone like Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafee is out for injury, we dont know what we are anymore because we havent given Junaid/Jahirul/Nazmul enough chances... and now this ranking can be even more troublesome when the team management might not want to risk any changes at all. I hope they wont be that miopic!!

We already know if Mash is injured who will play instead, Nazmul and Abul are the options and both of them got matches.

That was tested in Zim, what would we do if Shak and Ti is out. Why would you like the bench to give more practice leaving the main 11? Even Shak and Tamim needed these matches for their practice.

Why should the team management want changes before WC?? The team should have been confirmed by now for the WC.

While practice for the main 11 is more important than the bench. And winning cannot be compromised for a practice, it wasn't a net practice and winning in a match is important even for practice. At the end that's what you should practice to achieve.

BANFAN
July 21, 2012, 05:18 PM
roflmao!

Didn't he take us to the wires again... :)

Ajfar
July 21, 2012, 05:26 PM
Also, why are we getting so carried away with couple of T20 wins vs. Ireland?

+1. And not to mention we barely crossed the finish line in the last 2 games, if we want to prove our dominance over them we need to whoop them like we did in the first game. Not much to brag about here, we are a test nation, we won all 3 games but that's what expected of us because we are a much better team than they are.

And the whole ICC ranking thing with us being number 4 is getting way too serious. I see people in FB putting up pictures of the ranking table going we are ranked higher than India haha we are the best. I'm like you do know that doesn't actually mean we are a better team than India in T20.

Gowza
July 21, 2012, 06:06 PM
none of the batsmen performed today, still won though which is good, but those batsmen need to fire.

Navo
July 21, 2012, 07:02 PM
'nuff said. If they were a subcontinental team they could've used "huge fan-interest" as an excuse like we did. They have every right to be jealous and upset with Bdesh. Based on how we got our Test status, Ire should've gotten it 5 years ago.

But for Ireland's sake I don't want them to get test status like we did. Our way shouldn't be an exemplary way. It was a big mistake and we paid for it for 10 years, we still are.

Also, why are we getting so carried away with couple of T20 wins vs. Ireland?

Great post. I think along with the joy of seeing BD win a game, people are feeling hugely relieved that we got through the series unscathed. We're expected by fans of other countries to win against associates now but many of us still have doubts about whether we have the quality and consistency to do so. (Deep seated insecurities after losing so many matches over the years)

Navo
July 21, 2012, 07:38 PM
Eita byapar na. Today is the day of Mash.

Truer words have never been said.

Sohel
July 21, 2012, 07:38 PM
The last two matches of the series were last ball nail-biters and naturally we're more elated than usual to have finished on top against a skillful and spirited T20I side capable of upsetting any test playing nation on their day.

It was also great to see so many of our guys stepping up at the right time. Guys from Shakib to Sunny to Nasir to Riyad to Mashrafe to Mushfiq to even Zia with his cameos, performed like true professionals who simply won't let us go down without a fight. I feel we have come a long way when it comes to that kind of team cohesion and positive intent, and that will help us do much better against fellow test playing nations as well.

RazabQ
July 21, 2012, 07:41 PM
Dislscoop, Dhakablues et al: I didn't say we deserved Test status because we played better. We got status because the fan interest, the population base etc meant that with Test status and the focus/fuding on the game as is, we'd get to Test Class way before these guys. A very small group of dedicated people are keeping Irish cricket strong but do the masses care? No.

Ireland, unless cricket all of sudden supplants rugby or gaelic football, is NOT deserving of Test status. Yet!

My comments do not mean that a full strength Irish team and a full strength BD team on a neutral ground would be vastly superior to the other in limited overs cricket. BD would be most likely a first amongst equals on that front. And when one team is not significantly better than other, I find the bravado and braggadocio annoying. Like Ray Price's shenanigans.

al Furqaan
July 21, 2012, 07:45 PM
And when one team is not significantly better than other, I find the bravado and braggadocio annoying. Like Ray Price's shenanigans.

I disagree. The fact that we beat them 3-0 on their turf proves we're quite a bit better than them. We slipped up twice and they still got blanked. Then we pounded em in one of the games. Maybe Ireland had a bad series, but as of right right now...we're the better team by a long ways. This was not true in 2010, or 2009, or 2007 when they did manage to beat us. But then again, maybe we just had bad/complacent days.

Sohel
July 21, 2012, 07:51 PM
I've spent some time in Ireland and let me put it this way, cricket is to the average Irish what hurling is to the average Bangladeshi. To echo Razab's point, the sport simply isn't known enough to attract even a fraction of the necessary crowds for test status consideration at this point. The memorable victory against England in the World Cup created some key momentum Cricket Ireland is trying to maintain and enhance. Most folks in Ireland now know that there is in fact an national cricket team from their nation.