PDA

View Full Version : why abul ahead of Nazmul

ma_o_mati
July 20, 2012, 08:12 PM
Was getting 3 top Sri lankan batsmen out in his first spell a crime?

Nazmul is better bowler than Shafiul, Rubel and dare I say Masrafee. But still some guy name Abul plays ahead of Nazmul. It's mind-boggling.

Gowza
July 20, 2012, 09:09 PM
all of our pacers are terrible in t20s, nazmul hasn't been given a proper run to find out yet, but i'm confident he'll do better than the others (can't do any worse).

shakibrulz
July 20, 2012, 09:14 PM
Abul is a joke in T20 now. Even Shafi is alright.

SS
July 20, 2012, 09:32 PM
because Nazmul will open with Panna Ghosh

playmaker
July 20, 2012, 10:12 PM
Nazmul should change his name. His name is similar to nazgul as sohel bro pointed out b4 and im pretty sure the foreign coaches who come and by are big fans of LOTR and in the process posses hatred towards the words "nazgul" and "wraith".

Jadukor
July 20, 2012, 10:42 PM
There must be a clause in the contract that says i here by agree not to select nazmul even if there is only a one armed 14 yr old pacer available. Otherwise i cannot explain why coaches don't like him

jeesh
July 21, 2012, 12:25 AM
Maybe the team management is thinking Abul with a little extra pace will add some variety to the attack.

But this is where we often go wrong. Imagine if Nazmul can bowl a couple of tight overs in the first few overs it immedeatly puts the opposition under pressure. Instead we think a bowler like Shafiul, Abul, Shahadat add variety. These guys by trying to bowl quick or do something extra give away at least 2 loose deliveries an over. They get hammered for a boundary, lose their confidence and throw the over away. Nazmul in contrast sticks to the basics and doesnt try anything extra-thus will never concede more than 5-6 an over.

BengaliPagol
July 21, 2012, 12:44 AM
Hopefully Abul plays all the matches in the Ireland series and Nazmul plays all the matches in the T20 world cup. :up:

Rabz
July 21, 2012, 12:53 AM
Nazmul should really get a chance today.

munshi33
July 21, 2012, 01:42 AM
Becouse our idot selectors are always say how you bowl it dosent metter how many match cost us becouse of shahadat but still they will keep him a head of STEPSON they like the way he run b4 bowlling, all the time thay says nazmul like this nazmul like that but WE FANS DONT REALLY CARE HOW YOU BOWLING LAKE SHOAIB AKHTER OR CHAMINDA BAAS WE NEED WICKED AND RUN CONTROLIKG but i dont know why our selectors are behind some poor bowler, BHAI SHOB BANGALIRA DATH TAKHTE DATHER MORMO BUZENA BUCHCHOIN ????
:flag:Maybe the team management is thinking Abul with a little extra pace will add some variety to the attack.

But this is where we often go wrong. Imagine if Nazmul can bowl a couple of tight overs in the first few overs it immedeatly puts the opposition under pressure. Instead we think a bowler like Shafiul, Abul, Shahadat add variety. These guys by trying to bowl quick or do something extra give away at least 2 loose deliveries an over. They get hammered for a boundary, lose their confidence and throw the over away. Nazmul in contrast sticks to the basics and doesnt try anything extra-thus will never concede more than 5-6 an over.

Shartaz
July 21, 2012, 01:50 AM
You know what Nazmul Hossain is? He's just a fan favorite and nothing else.

If people looked at him closely, they would see that he's a bowler of great limitation. He can keep it tight and not much else.

He's not a test match bowler. He doesn't have the physique. He doesn't have the aggression. In the long run Shahadat Hossain is a much better prospect and should be persisted with.

zinatf
July 21, 2012, 01:52 AM
Uff Ei Abul ta "abul" roye gelo....Nazmul ke namano obosshoi uchit ajke...Mash-er ja obostha....Nazmul chara goti nai...pace department-er jodi ei obostha thake t20-er age....khub kothin hoye porbe jodi amra 2nd round/semi te khelar asha rakhi t20 WC-e....AB/Gayle/Sanga-er moto batsman ra dhuiye dibe....

Shaun petr
July 21, 2012, 02:58 AM
why nazmul is not in the team? Well a billion dollar question. But no one has got the answer.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Dilscoop
July 21, 2012, 03:12 AM
Becouse our idot selectors are always say how you bowl it dosent metter how many match cost us becouse of shahadat but still they will keep him a head of STEPSON they like the way he run b4 bowlling, all the time thay says nazmul like this nazmul like that but WE FANS DONT REALLY CARE HOW YOU BOWLING LAKE SHOAIB AKHTER OR CHAMINDA BAAS WE NEED WICKED AND RUN CONTROLIKG but i dont know why our selectors are behind some poor bowler, BHAI SHOB BANGALIRA DATH TAKHTE DATHER MORMO BUZENA BUCHCHOIN ????
:flag:

rearrange your keyboard buttons to correct positions bud.

kalpurush
July 21, 2012, 03:12 AM
Maybe the team management is thinking Abul with a little extra pace will add some variety to the attack.

Well, we need few pacers for our team, thus, team management want to see if Abul could do the job or not. Nothing wrong here. But, it seems he is not ready for international matches. I might be wrong though.

As Dilscoop said in another thread, he should be given few more chances to find out his potentials. I do kinda agree though. In today's match, Mash should be dropped and replaced by Nazmul to see how he does in T20. :)

jeesh
July 21, 2012, 04:00 AM

If people looked at him closely, they would see that he's a bowler of great limitation. He can keep it tight and not much else.

He's not a test match bowler. He doesn't have the physique. He doesn't have the aggression. In the long run Shahadat Hossain is a much better prospect and should be persisted with.
Wow i think you are the only one in BD who would be willing to give Shahadat another go. :)

Sometimes keeping it tight is all you need to do. You dont need physique, dont need aggression. All you need to do is use your head. Nazmul is that type of a bowler. And i reckon he ll do well in any format of the game because of his discipline and approach to the game.

Nadim
July 21, 2012, 04:56 AM
Why Mash is ahead of Nazmul??

Abul has done much better than Abul so Why Abul ONLY???

Gowza
July 21, 2012, 05:04 AM
wow give shahadat another go? he's been given so many chances and he's not improving, not at all, in fact he's worse than when he debuted, by a big margin. as far as nazmul goes, he might not be a test match bowler, we haven't given him enough games to that that yet, but when it comes to ODIs he has an average of 31 from 38 matches, not stellar or spectacular but that's solid. mash has a better average at 30, next is rubel at 32 then rasel at 33 then shafiul at 35 and shahadat has an almighty average of 45 in ODIs after 50 matches and 49 in tests after 33 matches.

clearly our ODI pace attack atm should be mash, nazmul and rubel. but rubel is injured which is why abul was brought in. in any case ODIs are not t20s, if we are talking t20s then none of our pacers recently have done any good, but nazmul, as is often the case hasn't played enough games to really know whether he's a t20 bowler or not. even in tests nazmul has a better average than them all.

Shehwar
July 21, 2012, 05:24 AM
Nazmul is the unluckiest cricketer on the face of the earth. He has performed every single time he was given a chance and still can't seem to have a place or have a good run of a few matches with the team. In doesn't make any bloody sense!

Rifat
July 21, 2012, 05:24 AM
Well, we need few pacers for our team, thus, team management want to see if Abul could do the job or not. Nothing wrong here. But, it seems he is not ready for international matches. I might be wrong though.

As Dilscoop said in another thread, he should be given few more chances to find out his potentials. I do kinda agree though. In today's match, Mash should be dropped and replaced by Nazmul to see how he does in T20. :)

bhai it all of it boils down to principle and philosophy, fans always talk about we should do this, do that, why omuk got dropped/not got dropped, and Alhamdulillah! This forum is very diverse in this regard, which is fine. We have to understand what are the philosophies and principles our Board, our team management live by? What is the approach they take? If we can truly understand their philosophy, then we can probably understand some of their decisions. I am not saying who is right or who is wrong, All I am saying is that If we really understood their philosophy behind team selection we can truly understand why Nazmul has been ignored.

there are several Team selection philosophies here:

* without a doubt, Mashrafee is the senior most pacer, If we value experience over anything(Which we do) he will not likely get dropped.(they will only drop him if they took your advice)

* They value pace/speed over line and length, They see Nazmul's lack of pace as a minus point in T20s. (There have been plenty of medium pace bowlers who have had very successful international careers with the ball) There are many fans in this site who see the same viewpoint.(this is where Abul gets the pass and Nazmul is dropped)

* the other philosophies we always have abided by is more of a performance based, due to fan pressure/demand from fans. some questions to be asked here is, how many chances is "enough" to prove your worth? How do really we judge fairness? How do we evaluate if a player has been treated fairly in terms of opportunities given? Sometimes, fans get too impatient in combination with the player himself not helping himself, I think so far Abul hasan has had fair amount of chances to prove himself. He has only impressed in the earlier matches in the Zimababwe tour, since then, he has not been successful. It think it is fair to say, unless Ireland prepares a seamer's paradise, that Abul has had his fair share of chances this tour at least to make an impression, which he failed to make.

Trent Johnston has been very effective and great in these conditions. amader pacer ra pare na keno? Time to bring Nazmul in, no doubt. now, who will make the cut? That is based on the team selection philosophy the management/board/selectors/coach/captain chooses. do we choose experience or do we sacrifice experience for the sake of grooming a youngster?

mij
July 21, 2012, 05:33 AM
Its seems like its must be our selector who really don't have clue what they doing or its must be internal link why Abul is playing.

Bring Nazmul back for Bangladesh not for anyone else.

AMD128
July 21, 2012, 05:57 AM

I admit he doesn't have the aggression but as a matter of fact. This Aggressionless bowler took 2 key wickets of Hafeez Taufeeq Umar in his return to Test cricket after 7 years whereas Shahadat went wicketless. :)

simon
July 21, 2012, 07:55 AM
bcoz of the alphabetical order

"A" te Abul ashchey tere
"N" te Nazmul jar nai kono kul

shakibrulz
July 21, 2012, 01:31 PM
Looks like Nazmul shouldn't be in the T20 side, so it's Mash and Shafiul then.

22Yards
July 21, 2012, 01:43 PM
Was he just given ONE over to prove himself playing for the national team after a long time ?

Nadim
July 21, 2012, 03:54 PM
haha!!! Well played Nazmul. now ppl will call for your head :(

Shehwar
July 21, 2012, 04:30 PM
Shocking! Given just a single over!??! Is he really that unlucky or no one in the management likes him??

BengaliPagol
July 21, 2012, 08:21 PM
Mushy could have been delusional for letting Nazmul only bowl one over one but since the margin of the win was narrow it could have been a stroke of genius.

Sohel
July 21, 2012, 08:43 PM
Nazmul has just one too many stepdads. He's no Hobiganj McGrath but give him a fair shake FGS! Not bowling him after just 1 expensive over is totally unfair.

jeesh
July 24, 2012, 10:00 AM
Hmm Abul Hasan does a Shahadat. The guy is not ready for this level, even to take on teams like Ireland, Scotland. This could mean two things
1) One of our hottest prospects is just an ordinary bowler
2) The selectors have picked him while he is raw.

Rifat_02
July 24, 2012, 10:03 AM
Getting hammered by associate team batsmen, im not sure if Abul has a future in Bangladesh team at all. So far he has been far below average. I dont understand why we are still picking him match after match, he is just another Shahadat 2.0 waiting to happen if they take him to T20 WC.

jeesh
July 24, 2012, 10:16 AM
Anyway today he will have an excuse. He ll probably say everyone else also got hammered. But she shows lack of intelligence in maturity in general-throughout this tour.

Mav
July 24, 2012, 10:17 AM
Because our selectors and Captain someone act like Abuls.

This is a KID.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ireland-nl-v-bangladesh-2012/content/player/373439.html

Nothing Extraordinary
Not even ordinary.

shakibrulz
July 24, 2012, 12:16 PM
I'm sorry but why is this kid being rushed into the international scene so quickly? His stats aren't even impressive.

playmaker
July 24, 2012, 12:20 PM
whatta player, this guy averages 53, more than Gayle's average

bowling average :D

Srsly, a bowler averaging 47 gets a chance ahead of naz and shafiul :facepalm:

ialbd
July 24, 2012, 12:24 PM
Looks like Nazmul doesnt have a single person supporting him. Nothing new to say about his run of luck in the past but losing out a spot to this kid Abul Hossain repeatedly must be soooo humiliating.

And I wonder what the kid Abul Hossain is going through. I am sure he is trying his best, not good enough yet, probably confused himself why Naz isnt getting picked over him.... his confidence is at all time low....

Habib
July 24, 2012, 12:32 PM
I don't care if Nazmul, Mash and Shafiul goes 10 runs an over in a match. Selectors just need to stop this infatuation with Abul and his 'pace'. Abul was never a winner in my book and he failed to impress me since his U19 days. A loser in the making and a loser he will be.

That said, if they insist on picking Abul so much, put him in the A team and watch his performance.

Crisis
July 24, 2012, 12:33 PM

Are you being serious? Are you related to Shahadat ?

I agree Nazmul might not have the stamina to play Tests, but I would let Tamim ball rather than Shahadat the bolod.

playmaker
July 24, 2012, 12:34 PM
I don't care if Nazmul, Mash and Shafiul goes 10 runs an over in a match. Selectors just needs to stop this infatuation with Abul and his 'pace'. Abul was never a winner in my book and he failed to impress me since his U19 days. A loser in the making and a loser he will be.

class is permanent.

Its like doing something in the same way and expecting good results. Abul is so far the worst pacer ive seen to get a chance in the national team

Crisis
July 24, 2012, 12:37 PM
Can we also pick Rasel again ? He was the reason Mash used to get this wickets. Rasel always kept things tight

Ian Pont
July 24, 2012, 01:40 PM
When I came to BD in Sept 2012 Jamie Siddons said "all I want is for you to stop our seam bowlers going for 8 an over".

We turned Shaf and Rubel into good new ball bowlers and helped the bowlers win the matches they played. Nazmul was there to come in to keep the RR low, too.

The secret is teaching the bowling process (actions and also targeting) to help the bowlers become better versions of themselves. We all remember Rubel's stunning reverse swing yorker to complete the Banglawash over NZ.

I don't know what is happening with the current selections to be honest. Abul needs help, that's clear. he's fast becoming Shahadat's apprentice, who is proof of what happens if you get no long term help.

BD needs a Pace Bowling Academy that can teach speed & accuracy, and fast.

kiwibd
July 24, 2012, 01:48 PM
But like seriously? it's not just me right, there HAS to be something we don't know about keeping Nazmul out of the team? maybe he swore at the coach or something or was mean to mushy before he was captain... as long as there isn't a proper explanation given I feel more than happy to think those ridiculous thoughts because really, we need to have the best team playing and seeing Abul game after game conceding over 10's is becoming a bit too much...

Mauryan
July 24, 2012, 01:57 PM
Can some one please tell me wen did shafiul under perform so bad that he is no longer in the first 11?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

shuziburo
July 24, 2012, 05:06 PM
These idiots only remember Brett Lee and his 150 kph effectiveness. What they forget is McGrath was equally (if not more) effective at 125-135 kph.

shuziburo
July 24, 2012, 05:19 PM

Nazmul bowls a tight line/length and has a lot of variations. He has delivered whenever he has been allowed to bowl. But, that happens rather infrequently.
Shahadat? A prospect? He is a great grunting prospect. Here are his averages:
Format Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
Tests 33 52 4832 3386 68 6/27 9/97 49.79 4.20 71.0 2 4 0
ODIs 50 49 2138 2072 46 3/34 3/34 45.04 5.81 46.4 0 0 0
T20Is 5 5 96 144 4 2/22 2/22 36.00 9.00 24.0 0 0 0

Here are Nazmul's (with much less opportunity):
Format Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
Tests 2 3 329 194 5 2/61 3/80 38.80 3.53 65.8 0 0 0
ODIs 38 37 1649 1386 44 4/40 4/40 31.50 5.04 37.4 1 0 0
T20Is 3 3 30 44 1 1/15 1/15 44.00 8.80 30.0 0 0 0

shuziburo
July 24, 2012, 05:29 PM
When I came to BD in Sept 2012 Jamie Siddons said "all I want is for you to stop our seam bowlers going for 8 an over".

We turned Shaf and Rubel into good new ball bowlers and helped the bowlers win the matches they played. Nazmul was there to come in to keep the RR low, too.

The secret is teaching the bowling process (actions and also targeting) to help the bowlers become better versions of themselves. We all remember Rubel's stunning reverse swing yorker to complete the Banglawash over NZ.

I don't know what is happening with the current selections to be honest. Abul needs help, that's clear. he's fast becoming Shahadat's apprentice, who is proof of what happens if you get no long term help.

BD needs a Pace Bowling Academy that can teach speed & accuracy, and fast.

It is not happening soon enough. Unless someone with the ability/connections takes up the cause.

Max100
July 24, 2012, 05:40 PM
Abul-- not impressive in under 19
No success in ncl, bpl, dpl

Why u expect his successs in international?

Where is promising sajedul, talha, shubhashis roy or alauddin babu?

playmaker
July 24, 2012, 10:02 PM
Abulcrap deserves to get chopped. This guy does not have the temparement for intl cricket

reyme
July 24, 2012, 10:07 PM
It's the selectors who are ruining the poor kid. He is not ready and they keep playing him...

rinathq
July 24, 2012, 11:18 PM
Its the South Asian attitude all over the place. Specially in Bangladesh, where we have no express bowlers, our selectors are hungry for more and more pace.
We have some decent seamers who doesnt bowl with good speed but can maintain line and length while delivering decent pace, swing variations. Yes Nazmul is at the top of the list. He is a proven player who gets rejected every time. There is also Syed Rasel who was praised by our best bowling coach Ian Pont. Rasel even played abroad. But where is he? Anywhere near the national pool? Is he worse than Shahadat? Nope! If Rasel bowled some good speed occasionally, he wouldnt have been this far from the national pool as he is right now even with the same bowling statistics.

And when we pick new talents for the squad, why Abul? Why not Alauddin Babu? hint hint, he does not produce as much pace as Abul or atleast doesnt look like he does.

This hunger for seam isnt going to take Bangladesh anywhere. Its not even that players like Shahadat, Abul bowl an incredible speed of 140+
At their mediocre pace, the line, length, variation they offer is very poor. Abul Hasan doesn't have any good domestic record to warrant a place in a domestic side let alone international. But look at him! He is in the squad ahead of Nazmul, Shafiul

KaaL-PurusH
July 25, 2012, 04:16 AM
* They value pace/speed over line and length

Neither of these should be the reason for selection. only thing matters is who is most effetive in the game and right this moment Dancemul thukku naachmul is way too good to be sleceted over habul :)

jeesh
July 26, 2012, 02:18 AM
The performance of our seamers is rather disappointing (Except Mashrafe of course). They were hammered by associate countries in wickets and weather more conducive for seam bowling. It will be very difficult against more developed T20 teams in Sri Lankan conditions. Our bowling coach has got his work cut out.

Zunaid
July 26, 2012, 03:02 AM
Our bowling coach will be with the U-19 team down under according to BBC. That's why you aren't seeing him in Europe.

patriot
July 26, 2012, 05:40 AM
^^ He Left after the Ireland series I reckon.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c0.0.843.403/p843x403/427508_10150961732493990_301810867_n.jpg

Maysun
July 26, 2012, 05:43 AM
Do we not have enough funding to appoint someone for the u19 side?

Ian Pont
July 26, 2012, 01:14 PM
Do we not have enough funding to appoint someone for the u19 side?

I think the more important question is, if the national bowling coach isn't making a difference at the highest levels, then what should happen? I am not implying this is the case, I am saying IF the national team is going backwards with the bowling, what can be done?

If I recall, Shane went from national bowling coach of NZ (after the Banglawash) across to academy work with NZ, and then Allan Donald came in for the WC to work with the national team. They made the Semi Finals.

The bowling coach position in BD is a tough gig. I wonder whether this is an opportunity to start a Pace Bowling Academy along the lines of MRF in India, but explicitly for the Bangladesh future quicks?

shuziburo
July 26, 2012, 11:28 PM
I think the more important question is, if the national bowling coach isn't making a difference at the highest levels, then what should happen? I am not implying this is the case, I am saying IF the national team is going backwards with the bowling, what can be done?

If I recall, Shane went from national bowling coach of NZ (after the Banglawash) across to academy work with NZ, and then Allan Donald came in for the WC to work with the national team. They made the Semi Finals.

The bowling coach position in BD is a tough gig. I wonder whether this is an opportunity to start a Pace Bowling Academy along the lines of MRF in India, but explicitly for the Bangladesh future quicks?

We all want it to happen. But, what needs to be done to make it happen? What can we do?

Sohel
July 27, 2012, 12:39 AM
We all want it to happen. But, what needs to be done to make it happen? What can we do?

Until and unless someone truly educated and competent like Saber Hossain Chowdhury or Shakil Kasem is at the helm as Cricket Tsar, such necessary initiatives would remain at the pipe dream stage I'm afraid. But "organic growth" will continue happen at snail's pace.

Ian Pont
July 27, 2012, 12:58 AM

MRF is not an initiative of the BCCI in India. It is privately run and funded for the benefit of all.

To the same ends, Bangladesh has Grameen Phone, Beximco and now Sahara as main investors in cricket sponsorship.

Given Sahara are committed to shirt sponsorship, I would suggest that Beximco and GP would be the targets for such an initiative. People in Bangladesh ought to make a plea and request of either organisation to step in and set something up. I am more than happy to assist if it is needed.

BengaliPagol
July 27, 2012, 05:41 AM
People in Bangladesh ought to make a plea and request of either organisation to step in and set something up. I am more than happy to assist if it is needed.

Do you mean assist as in possibly coaching and running the academy? If so ill be happy :)

samlove0
July 27, 2012, 08:12 PM
@IAN

MR Ian I am a Indian but i am crazy Cricket Lover.. I have been a fan of bangladesh cricket since they made good impact in worldcup07 Where young guns like tamim,shakib and mushfiq have defeat India..As a fan like me a common Person expects a team who have beat India in a world cup cant be taken as a granted in a 50 over compitition. I guess they have improved a lot but still i guess some changes need to make for better and bright future the pipeline remains strong..
As u have made out the best of the talents of Rubel, Shaiful(BAnglawash) Nazmul ( as Best Seam Bowler) and recent Ashraful,Mash And sunny( BPL).
Still lots more can be likes of Tamim and shakib will be produces if i guess IAN gives Some good Opportunities from the Higher Level of BCB.. Am Failed to Know After so Impressive track of Ian Why These Guyz r not taking use of hIm The person Who have so much experince so Proffesional and so Much Interested to do somthing for Bangladesh i Guess some1 need to realise to maintain in Test Arena Need some1 Lyks of Styen's And Amla's.. In These Generation Ppl Expect More from Bangladesh so i guess Bangladesh Have got Test Status.. So need to look forward for better Competition among them selves to make a competive team..
I Wish Ian U get a Good offer from any big Sponcer to make MRF lyk in india..

Ian Pont
July 28, 2012, 03:13 AM
Do you mean assist as in possibly coaching and running the academy? If so ill be happy :)

Exactly

Ian Pont
July 28, 2012, 03:14 AM
@IAN

MR Ian I am a Indian but i am crazy Cricket Lover.. I have been a fan of bangladesh cricket since they made good impact in worldcup07 Where young guns like tamim,shakib and mushfiq have defeat India..As a fan like me a common Person expects a team who have beat India in a world cup cant be taken as a granted in a 50 over compitition. I guess they have improved a lot but still i guess some changes need to make for better and bright future the pipeline remains strong..
As u have made out the best of the talents of Rubel, Shaiful(BAnglawash) Nazmul ( as Best Seam Bowler) and recent Ashraful,Mash And sunny( BPL).
Still lots more can be likes of Tamim and shakib will be produces if i guess IAN gives Some good Opportunities from the Higher Level of BCB.. Am Failed to Know After so Impressive track of Ian Why These Guyz r not taking use of hIm The person Who have so much experince so Proffesional and so Much Interested to do somthing for Bangladesh i Guess some1 need to realise to maintain in Test Arena Need some1 Lyks of Styen's And Amla's.. In These Generation Ppl Expect More from Bangladesh so i guess Bangladesh Have got Test Status.. So need to look forward for better Competition among them selves to make a competive team..
I Wish Ian U get a Good offer from any big Sponcer to make MRF lyk in india..

Thank you bhai. So much can be done and I always hope to come back and do some good work