PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh is #4

shuziburo
July 21, 2012, 01:11 PM
With the sweep of Ireland, BD is number 4 in T20 ranking. We started the day at #6.

Habib
July 21, 2012, 01:15 PM
Well done BD. Hats off.

Shaun petr
July 21, 2012, 01:21 PM

deshimon
July 21, 2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah! According to cricinfo.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/content/current/page/211271.html

zinatf
July 21, 2012, 01:26 PM
YEAH BABY!! Europe wash now please and also, IND vs SL match...after that we'll be at #3 :D

Maysun
July 21, 2012, 01:26 PM
Hope this gives them a massive confidence boost and keep their morale high. If we play as a team, I don't see why we can't beat Pak & NZ in the group stages!

For now, let's enjoy the 4th. Congrats, guys. Keep it up, we're proud of you! :up:

http://www.bunches.co.uk/images/products/PRODUCT_BALLOONS_Number_4_Balloon_large.jpg

deshimon
July 21, 2012, 01:27 PM
Ireland and Afganistan have same point 83.

simon
July 21, 2012, 01:41 PM
hehe
mojai moja
*dancing with the nekres*

Dilscoop
July 21, 2012, 01:44 PM
http://banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=41543

Night_wolf
July 21, 2012, 01:50 PM
hehe
mojai moja
*dancing with the nekres*

stop dancing with my gfs yo!

mac
July 21, 2012, 02:20 PM
Number 4!!! Great job boys! Lol at the ranking system though.

Zeeshan
July 21, 2012, 02:29 PM
:lol: We have done it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6sJqTDaOrTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ialbd
July 21, 2012, 02:29 PM

indeed 'Lol' at the ranking system.... reminds me of the Fifa ranking when we jump 10 spots up the rank even when we are not playing any international matches..

anywho... if they insist on ranking us no 4.... we'll take it. But I wonder where do we go if we beat Scotland and Netherland as well.... ekdom table topper naki...

Zeeshan
July 21, 2012, 02:37 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/photo/2012/03/23/2012-03-23__sport03.jpg

BANFAN
July 21, 2012, 02:51 PM

Why bro?? Looks like you don't rate your team as much ICC does. None else complains about their position in that ranking, why suddenly it looks so LOLy when BD. gets into it?? Is it our inferiority complex??

Tigers_eye
July 21, 2012, 03:42 PM
Lose to Scots or Dutches and .... What would be the ranking? Plus this ranking is PURA FAAAUL> Ajob shob manush.

BengaliPagol
July 21, 2012, 08:11 PM
guys dont get too excited. To really test if we deserve to be ranked 4th then why need to beat teams like India. But in the meantime

:goal:

Sohel
July 21, 2012, 08:13 PM
Like I said before, the real challenge would be to stay where we are and inch our way up.

Jadukor
July 21, 2012, 09:45 PM
Need to beat New Zealand in the world cup and move to second round. Then i will start believing in this ranking.

bujhee kom
July 21, 2012, 10:34 PM
:chargreen::shakibsmile::four::shakibscream:

Now we have to win against Scotland next....we always have to take one match at a time, and we have to take things very seriously, first and foremost we have to win this match, and then the match after with Netherlands...we have against both these teams before, we have to take things very seriously, we have to act and behave like a bunch of professionals out there. Even if we have to win the next match or any match by 1 run, we have to win the match, that is the bottomeline. We have to seciure that first, the match, how we do it comes second.

playmaker
July 22, 2012, 12:05 AM
http://www.thedailystar.net/photo/2012/03/23/2012-03-23__sport03.jpg

:floor::floor:

This picture has been a real mascot

shuziburo
July 22, 2012, 03:15 AM
Although I am happy about the ranking, this match never should have been this close after being 62-0. At that point no big hitting was needed and almost all wickets went while trying to hit SIX. The coach needs to have a tough session with the culprits.

KaaL-PurusH
July 22, 2012, 03:32 AM
I wish we could trade this spot for more test in FTP

kalpurush
July 22, 2012, 03:39 AM
I wish we could trade this spot for more test in FTP
Ask BCCI if they are interested...

kalpurush
July 22, 2012, 03:40 AM
Although I am happy about the ranking, this match never should have been this close after being 62-0. At that point no big hitting was needed and almost all wickets went while trying to hit SIX. The coach needs to have a tough session with the culprits.
I don't feel happy, no excitement really!

...untill we are WC.

playmaker
July 22, 2012, 03:49 AM
well of course one thing we did learn is to snatch victory from impossible situations :)

Naimul_Hd
July 22, 2012, 06:58 AM
So, everyone is happy BUT no one congratulated our dear Lotus Kamal urfe Loitta ?

Anyway, Thank you Kamal mama for arranging a timely Europe tour (though he was reluctant at first) and make us #4. Now we know why we did not play enough T20 matches to get into ICC Ranking. It was all his master plan.

:notworthy::notworthy::clap::clap::big_hug::big_hu g:

Raynman
July 22, 2012, 07:20 AM
So, everyone is happy BUT no one congratulated our dear Lotus Kamal urfe Loitta ?

Anyway, Thank you Kamal mama for arranging a timely Europe tour (though he was reluctant at first) and make us #4. Now we know why we did not play enough T20 matches to get into ICC Ranking. It was all his master plan.

:notworthy::notworthy::clap::clap::big_hug::big_hu g:

Whatever his tactics and motivations maybe, I for one believe Lotus Kamal has been doing a very good job since he started targeting the ICC presidency.

KaaL-PurusH
July 22, 2012, 10:38 AM
Ask BCCI if they are interested...

nah..we dont wanna play t20 for 5 days in a row..do we!!:floor:

deshimon
July 22, 2012, 11:15 AM
This ranking will make BCCCI jealous and they may invite us to play in their home.

shuziburo
July 23, 2012, 10:12 AM
Whatever his tactics and motivations maybe, I for one believe Lotus Kamal has been doing a very good job since he started targeting the ICC presidency.

When will he do something about our pitiful domestic cricket?

shuziburo
July 23, 2012, 10:13 AM
well of course one thing we did learn is to snatch victory from impossible situations :)

You mean as opposed to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?

shuziburo
July 23, 2012, 10:16 AM
CI article: Bangladesh push past Australia, Pakistan in T20 rankings (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/573341.html).

Some of the comments were hilarious. ("Grapes are...") Made my day.

SS
July 23, 2012, 12:17 PM
TTW(Tene Tune Win) koira amago abdar mathai utse

BD Rox
July 23, 2012, 12:20 PM
CI article: Bangladesh push past Australia, Pakistan in T20 rankings (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/573341.html).

Some of the comments were hilarious. ("Grapes are...") Made my day.

Bhai kichui bujlam nah.....kemne kemne chare choila gelo......what so evaaaaa......they aren't better than Aussies and all others.

cricheart
July 23, 2012, 02:16 PM
Its kinda too much buzz on how (stupidly) BD to become #4 and still has climb up possibility to #3 with 5-0 banglaminnowash provided India beating SL. Ranking equation says you get more points beating higher rank team and less for lowers. As BD were in lower ranked than Irish before series started, we got more points; plus due to lack of sample data (low number t20 games) in the equation affects big in overall rank table. This wont stay like this anymore in a year or so when teams playing t20 later will get input into the equation. Being in #4, now check how that will affect on our rank for only single or two loss against 12th/14th ranked teams like Scotland, Netherland. If Banladesh loose both or any one of the next two match, will go straight down to 9th spot! How about loosig 5 rank positions for loosing 1/2 match!
So I hope BD wont take oponents loosely on next 2 matches, to keep hold this rank on the most popular format on this game now.

BengaliPagol
July 23, 2012, 02:25 PM
Its kinda too much buzz on how (stupidly) BD to become #4 and still has climb up possibility to #3 with 5-0 banglaminnowash provided India beating SL. Ranking equation says you get more points beating higher rank team and less for lowers. As BD were in lower ranked than Irish before series started, we got more points; plus due to lack of sample data (low number t20 games) in the equation affects big in overall rank table. This wont stay like this anymore in a year or so when teams playing t20 later will get input into the equation. Being in #4, now check how that will affect on our rank for only single or two loss against 12th/14th ranked teams like Scotland, Netherland. If Banladesh loose both or any one of the next two match, will go straight down to 9th spot! How about loosig 5 rank positions for loosing 1/2 match!
So I hope BD wont take oponents loosely on next 2 matches, to keep hold this rank on the most popular format on this game now.

So for the time being we need to play as many matches against minnows as possible to get our ranking up.

:goal:

Shubho
July 23, 2012, 03:14 PM
Bangladesh at 4...ICC trying its hand at comedy now.

Rifat
July 23, 2012, 04:07 PM
I don't feel happy, no excitement really!

...untill we are WC.

That's what I am talking about :)

Rifat
July 23, 2012, 04:16 PM
Imagine:

If Bangladesh goes on to semis and beyond in the upcoming T20 World cup, This will do wonders to BPL and our domestic structure, loads of foreign players will show massive interest to play in Bangladesh Domestic League, as the case with India when they won the T20 World cup in 2007 => IPL...

this is indeed quite a golden, realistic opportunity for us given the current sets of players, their ability and our winning mentality. Let's see :-|

reyme
July 23, 2012, 04:49 PM
And to be honest with you based on the current form, we should be able to beat 10 out of top 15 teams.

We will beat:
1. Kenya, 2. Canada, 3. Scots, 4. Netherlands,

We just beat:
5. IRE, 6. South Africa, 7. ZIM

Last time we played, we beat:
8. AFG, 9. WI

We should be able to beat:
10. NZ

We might be able to beat few of the following:
11. SL, 12. ENG, 13, PAK, 14, AUS, 15, IND

So I dont see anything wrong with being number 4.

Night_wolf
July 24, 2012, 11:52 AM
Finally we are Number 9..the right place for us

playmaker
July 24, 2012, 11:56 AM

Ditto, we dont deserve to be no. 4 when we cant do well against associated

crikss
July 24, 2012, 11:58 AM
yea no 4 was just too much

Nadim
July 24, 2012, 12:08 PM
So we r back to 11???? That where we belong imho :sick:

Jadukor
July 24, 2012, 12:10 PM
issh olper jonne number 3 ta miss hoiye gelo...

kalpurush
July 24, 2012, 12:13 PM
issh olper jonne number 3 ta miss hoiye gelo...
ah ha ami er amar kopal!

oronnya
July 24, 2012, 02:18 PM
Asha kori fander paa ekhon matite nambe.. IRE er shathe luck er upor bhor kore series jite amra to nijekder ki na ki bhaba shuru korlam... twitter e to fanra playerder likhao shuru korlo je ebar WC jit te hobe... soo ei haar er dorkar chhilo.. amader fan r player ra noile beshi complacent hoye jai..

shuziburo
July 24, 2012, 04:18 PM
This match had "ki honu re" written all over it.

Tigers_eye
July 24, 2012, 11:05 PM
premature thread. Baloon'ta bust hoiye gasey! Fotttah!! It is like pasher desh jokhon ek nombor hoisilo. Tar por fottash.

Sauron
July 24, 2012, 11:08 PM
This match had "ki honu re" written all over it.

Agreed. Whole-heartedly.
It was a good thing - this was a well timed slap on the collective cheek.

Zunaid
July 24, 2012, 11:31 PM
With all the hype about ranking and what not - what people did not take into account is the number of matches Bangladesh has played. Any statistics based rating/ranking system is only valid when there is a statistically significant number of data points. Statistical significance means that the results conform to a pattern and not to a chance. Ideally - statisticians use an error bar to signify how accurate the estimate is. In case of Bangladesh's ranking, the error bar would have been very high. High enough for the ranking to mean nothing until we have played enough number of matches.

C'mon - which serious Bangladeshi fan actually thought we were truly ranked #4. In fact, that ranking led to more derision than admiration.

Seriously - we got all worked up about a 3-0 over an associate nation. Yeah, yeah - people say that any country can win over any other country in a T20I on a given day. Is this really true or just an excuse to assuage our shame? If it were true, the rankings and ratings (when based on significant data is absolutely meaningless). 99 times out of 100, I would not expect Ireland to beat the Aussies. And we had a mighty tough time beating the Irish. Granted, the first one we creamed them but the last two we escaped by the skin of our teeth. In T20s, we were barely better than the best associate out there. We should be beating them 9 out of 10 times and not in the constipatory way we did.

Zeeshan
July 25, 2012, 12:16 AM
Agree with Zuanid. But disagree with NW, that that's where we belong or something. :)

Jadukor
July 25, 2012, 12:21 AM
Agreed. Whole-heartedly.
It was a good thing - this was a well timed slap on the collective cheek.

more like a well connected kick on the backside

Ranking was a joke and now that we are number nine we have to earn our way up the rankings by beatings tough sides like Pakistan and New Zealand

Isnaad
July 25, 2012, 05:18 AM
Back where we deserve to be: #9

SS
July 25, 2012, 08:12 AM
With all the hype about ranking and what not - what people did not take into account is the number of matches Bangladesh has played. Any statistics based rating/ranking system is only valid when there is a statistically significant number of data points. Statistical significance means that the results conform to a pattern and not to a chance. Ideally - statisticians use an error bar to signify how accurate the estimate is. In case of Bangladesh's ranking, the error bar would have been very high. High enough for the ranking to mean nothing until we have played enough number of matches.

C'mon - which serious Bangladeshi fan actually thought we were truly ranked #4. In fact, that ranking led to more derision than admiration.

:notworthy: Dr. Z I wish we had atleast some common sense and some brain...especially when you look at some comments in crap info ...it shows how much "others" hate us...we saw Naz apa as step child it feels the entire BD team is step child of others