PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh to play additional T20I in the Netherlands

AsifTheManRahman
July 23, 2012, 11:45 AM
Monday, 23 July 2012

Media Release

Bangladesh to play additional T20i against the Netherlands

Following discussions between the BCB and the Royal Netherlands Cricket Board (KNCB) an additional T20 international has been arranged during the Netherlands leg of Bangladesh's tour of Europe. The Bangladesh Team will now play a second T20i against the Netherlands on Thursday, 26 July 2012 at Voorburg, The Hague, a day after their first T20i against the hosts at the same venue.

The second T20i between Bangladesh and the Netherlands will start at 6pm Bangladesh Standard Time.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

MohammedC
July 23, 2012, 11:47 AM
^^^ Apparently this will take Bangladesh to 3rd place in ICC Ranking

SS
July 23, 2012, 11:48 AM
Planning while you are in tour...Mama bair updar...akta match thaklei to bhalo hoito...akon abar nightmare...last two match e jei bhabe baicha gese...

Nadim
July 23, 2012, 11:48 AM
Good news. More games, more chance of claiming the T20 ranking: -p

SS
July 23, 2012, 11:50 AM
^^^ Apparently this will take Bangladesh to 3rd place in ICC Ranking

on the other hand, if things go wrong away it can take reverse direction too right?

AbuDarda
July 23, 2012, 11:51 AM
আয়ারল্যান্ডের সাথে তিন তিনটা ম্যাচ জিতে লোভ ধইরা গ্যাছে,তাই পুচকে ডাচ আর স্কটিশদের হারিয়ে এক নাম্বার হওয়ার ধান্দা আরকি! আবার উল্টা পঁচা শামুকে পা কাইটা বুমেরাং হয়ে গেলে হয়.......

deshimon
July 23, 2012, 11:57 AM
It's a good news but Netherland is a very weak team. Playing against them can we get any benifit? Rather if we could arrange another T20I against Ireland it would be more useful.

Rabz
July 23, 2012, 12:23 PM
Very good news.
Win win situation for both teams.
Double win for us if we can manage to win all the remaining matches in this Euro tour.

You should play as much as you can while you are on a roll and BCB has done a good thing here.

Isnaad
July 23, 2012, 12:32 PM
6 out of 6 a must. Very good news indeed.

riad
July 23, 2012, 12:46 PM
6 out of 6 a must. Very good news indeed.

http://www.bangladeshnews24.com/ittefaq/2012/07/23/60206.htm

BD wants to be at the TOP on T20 rank so the extra match.:applause:

KaaL-PurusH
July 23, 2012, 12:47 PM
Historically we find the momentum when we play good amount of matches in short period of time. So hopefully it will help us in t20 wc

al Furqaan
July 23, 2012, 12:55 PM
there isn't any glory in topping the rankings by beating up on minnows. my 2 cents.

Kohli_Sox
July 23, 2012, 01:00 PM
Bench strength should be tested in these games

MohammedC
July 23, 2012, 01:04 PM
^^^ its not possible to become number 1 just by playing 1 extra match. They can definitely become number 3

Max100
July 23, 2012, 01:22 PM
If bd win all match, awami league govt will take credit , u will see for sure

playmaker
July 23, 2012, 01:37 PM
If bd win all match, awami league govt will take credit , u will see for sure

they will even take credit for shakib being the best allrounder in the world:-|

deshimon
July 23, 2012, 01:46 PM
there isn't any glory in topping the rankings by beating up on minnows. My 2 cents.

[বাংলা]একেবারে সত্য কথা। বরং লোকজন আরও বিদ্রুপ করবে যখন কোন ভাল টিমের সাথে খেলে প্রতিদ্বন্দীতাও না করতে পা্রে। তবে সব দলের সাথে যদি ভাল করতে পারে তাহলে অন্য কথা।[/বাংলা]

ialbd
July 23, 2012, 02:03 PM
achha, keu ektu bujhay dile bhalo hoy....

so the triangular series was not recognized as T20 international cuz it was outside ICC's ftp, but our Europe tour is (and the t20s are recognized and counts towards the ICC ranking).

now adding this extra match on the fly still makes it within the FTP and counts towards the ranking?

p.s: reminds me of a 'para' cricket match back in my day. The match was very well organized and the preparation went on for few weeks but the actual 25 over match finished so fast (you know, it was all about going down the track back then) that we had to organize a quick 5-7 over match to make use of the rest of the afternoon.

BANFAN
July 23, 2012, 02:07 PM
Khamakha....:) was it necessary..

cricheart
July 23, 2012, 02:21 PM
A tour to play 6 T20Is by any test side; I guess it never happened before.

BengaliPagol
July 23, 2012, 02:29 PM
there isn't any glory in topping the rankings by beating up on minnows. my 2 cents.

There is certainly no glory to beat minnow teams to top the rankings but it would look good to see Bangladesh as best team in T20s :big_hug:

Habib
July 23, 2012, 02:47 PM
Why do I get the feeling it's all Lotus's master plan?

roman
July 23, 2012, 02:48 PM

Exactly. This whole ranking system is such a joke. Everyone will laugh at this. Wonder how it will feel to go down to number 9 from number 1.

But smart move from BCB. You can't be a #1 team overnight. This is a golden opportunity. And we all know how good we are to acknowledge anything that is 'FAU'

Kabir
July 23, 2012, 02:53 PM
Guys, don't be so sure. You're talking about Netherlands. We're able to lose against any side, so our spot at #4 is going to be at stake here.

We should pray extra nofol namaz for a win here. Otherwise, the joke will be on us!

kiwibd
July 23, 2012, 03:16 PM
this is a bit negative on my part, but i don't feel there is any benefit in playing the extra game, if we win, everyone will say we're expected to BUT if we lose... all hell will break lose!

Habib
July 23, 2012, 03:16 PM
Guys, don't be so sure. You're talking about Netherlands. We're able to lose against any side, so our spot at #4 is going to be at stake here.

We should pray extra nofol namaz for a win here. Otherwise, the joke will be on us!

The joke will rather be on BCB than us. Most of us fans know that this ranking is hardly accurate. BCB is acting like a greedy child here.

reyme
July 23, 2012, 03:30 PM
...akon abar nightmare...last two match e jei bhabe baicha gese...

How about we stop playing cricket altogether. No chance of losing! Like that? :D

mufi_02
July 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
এক নম্বর হতে ম্যাচ বাড়াল বাংলাদেশ

[বাংলা]ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক : আজ এবং আগামীকাল স্কটল্যান্ড এবং নেদারল্যান্ডসকে হারাতে পারলে আইসিসির টি-টোয়েন্টি র‌্যাংকিংয়ের দ্বিতীয় স্থানে জায়গা করে নেবে বাংলাদেশ। এমন জানলে হয়তো ইউরোপ সফরের সূচি নির্ধারণের সময় অতিরিক্ত আরেকটি টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচের বন্দোবস্তও করে ফেলত বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)।আয়ারল্যান ্ডকে ৩-০ ব্যবধানে হারানোর পর বিসিবির তৎপরতায় তেমনই ইঙ্গিত।

বিসিবি সভাপতি আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল আয়ারল্যান্ড বিজয়ের পরই ইউরোপ সফরে আরেকটি টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচ আয়োজনের নির্দেশ দেন। সে মতে শনিবারই নেদারল্যান্ডস ক্রিকেট অ্যাসোসিয়েশনের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ করা হয় বিসিবির পক্ষ থেকে। বাড়তি এ ম্যাচের পুরো খরচ বহন করেও নাকি রাজি বিসিবি। কিন্তু আন্তর্জাতিক ম্যাচ আয়োজনের জন্য আইসিসির অনুমতি অত্যাবশ্যকীয়। ডাচদের সামনে তার চেয়েও বড় বাধা ওয়ার্ল্ড ক্রিকেট লিগ (ডাব্লিউসিএল)। ২৭ জুলাই সংযুক্ত আরব আমিরাতের বিপক্ষে বিশ্বকাপ বাছাই পর্বের ম্যাচ রয়েছে নেদারল্যান্ডসের। এ অবস্থায় ২৬ জুলাই আরেকটি টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচ খেলতে রাজি ছিল না নেদারল্যান্ডস। গতকাল ভুরবার্গ থেকে টেলিফোনে বাংলাদেশ দলের ম্যানেজার তানজিব আহসান জানিয়েছেন, 'আরেকটি ম্যাচ আয়োজনের চেষ্টা চলছে। দ্রুতই জানা যাবে আরেকটি ম্যাচ খেলা সম্ভব হবে কি না।' রাতে বিসিবি ক্রিকেট অপারেশন্সের ডেপুটি ম্যানেজার সাবি্বর খান জানিয়েছেন, শেষ পর্যন্ত ২৬ জুলাই ম্যাচটি খেলতে রাজি হয়েছে নেদারল্যান্ডস। ডাচ ক্রিকেট অ্যাসোসিয়েশনের সিইও এ কথা নিশ্চিত করেছেন। ফলে বাংলাদেশের সামনে র‌্যাংকিংয়ের শীর্ষে ওঠার সুযোগটা ভালোমতোই থাকছে। কেবল বাকি তিনটি ম্যাচে জিতলেই হয়[/বাংলা]

----

Looks like Lotus ordered them to play another match

http://www.kalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=Antivirus&pub_no=953&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=2

MohammedC
July 23, 2012, 03:46 PM
And the same person was hesitant to tour Ireland. (Just like a BC-ite here)

Rifat
July 23, 2012, 03:48 PM
Alhamdulillahi Rabbil A'lamin :) I am so happy for the news. Lotus Kamal FTW

betaar
July 23, 2012, 03:52 PM
The joke will rather be on BCB than us. Most of us fans know that this ranking is hardly accurate. BCB is acting like a greedy child here.

What makes you think BCB is after the ranking. Ranking is just part of the package, main focus is playing in different conditions as an unit and work out the kinks. Any game is better than no game at all.

Why so negative....yes in cricket any team posses the ability to win but we should and will win against Holland......have faith.

reyme
July 23, 2012, 03:56 PM

I am afraid I have to disagree. We are not just beating up on minnows. We beat WI twice already. And as we play more matches, we will eventuaally beat all other top teams just like the way we did in ODI's. But we must play as much as possible. Look at us, we played the least number of matches among 16 teams! Before this tour we played only 6 and NZ played 26!

And to be honest with you based on the current form, we should be able to beat 10 out of top 15 teams.

We will beat:
1. Kenya, 2. Canada, 3. Scots, 4. Netherlands,

We just beat:
5. IRE, 6. South Africa, 7. ZIM

Last time we played, we beat:
8. AFG, 9. WI

We should be able to beat:
10. NZ

We might be able to beat few of the following:
11. SL, 12. ENG, 13, PAK, 14, AUS, 15, IND

So I dont see anything wrong with being number 4.
Based on the current form, if we can reach the semis in T20 WC, by beating 3 of the above, I think that should be enough to justify our top rank.

Maysun
July 23, 2012, 04:45 PM
What are the odds for Sohel bhai opening the match thread for this match? ;)

Dhakablues
July 23, 2012, 05:16 PM
I think the more we play competitive cricket, its good for us, even if we lose. I would take it if we arrange a couple match with Afghanistan too, to set the records straight ( as we did with Ireland).

Prior to the world cup, we are the only country thats playing all these T20s and this will definitely show when we start the tournament. The players are able to get their rhythm all set for that type of a game which other teams will not have much time to settle in for. However, Bangladesh is general needed more T20 practice to catch up with other nations and now we are seeing players like Mahmudullah, Mushfique finally getting the hang of it when those two were the ones always took time to settle. We also found a useful opener in Ashraful which we didnt before we started this T20 journey... so all in all, I think playing more matches are good... though I doubt the level of benefit we get playing in European conditions..

cricheart
July 23, 2012, 05:16 PM
It took me a while to realize that actually it opens up an opertunity make another banglawash.. lol with two match T20I series now.
This time against Holland.

BANFAN
July 23, 2012, 05:30 PM
.......We might be able to beat few of the following:

Based on the current form, if we can reach the semis in T20 WC, by beating 3 of the above, I think that should be enough to justify our top rank.

If we can do that, we deserve to be on top of ranking.... But if we can, needs to be seen...

CricFanBD
July 23, 2012, 06:05 PM
Thank you, Mr Lotus Kamal to arrange this extra match—it will fulfil the ICC requirements to play 8 T20 matches in one Calender Year, so we will be in the Ranking—does not matter 4 or 9?

The more we play T20..the more we learn for sure—and winning is a habit—it does not matter with Small team or Big Brother—if we are used to win T20 Matches continuously—the chances to beat Big Brother will be increased: BD will like to win—no matter what?

Tehsin
July 23, 2012, 06:26 PM
I put more weight on what we do in the WC compared to this khep matches. Ranking means nothing, spcially since we got there by beating teams we should beat EASILY.

azim71
July 23, 2012, 06:30 PM
AFA i can assume ranking system is the same 4 all formats (t20,ODIs,tests).
The reason why BD rose above so rapidly is bcoz before the Ireland tour, Irish was several steps ahead of us in ranking & lower ranked teams get more ratings after beating higher ranked teams. And higher ranked teams lose more ratings after losing against lower teams. Bd played just 6 ODIs before this series & now they've played half the previous aggregates and won all. So the winning percentage has increased rapidly hence the ratings increased rapidly. U people plz stop wondering how BD climbed to no-4 & stop terming t20 ranking a joke. When BD will play more t20s, there won't be these kinda dramatic increase or decrease
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Gowza
July 23, 2012, 07:00 PM
even though it's great hte biys are getting wins and their confidence up i wish they were playing stiffer competition, it's not going to be so easy against the enlgand's, south africa's and west indies of this world.

Dilscoop
July 23, 2012, 07:19 PM
If this is indeed for that meaningless ranking than this is like that Asia Cup "give me my lollipop back" crybaby saga all over again! Why do we always get hangup on meaningless things and not focus on what's important.

Get ready to see some chocking in the world cup. Anything other than reaching the final is a failure for top 3 teams. No pun intended.

Gowza
July 23, 2012, 07:28 PM
AFA i can assume ranking system is the same 4 all formats (t20,ODIs,tests).
The reason why BD rose above so rapidly is bcoz before the Ireland tour, Irish was several steps ahead of us in ranking & lower ranked teams get more ratings after beating higher ranked teams. And higher ranked teams lose more ratings after losing against lower teams. Bd played just 6 ODIs before this series & now they've played half the previous aggregates and won all. So the winning percentage has increased rapidly hence the ratings increased rapidly. U people plz stop wondering how BD climbed to no-4 & stop terming t20 ranking a joke. When BD will play more t20s, there won't be these kinda dramatic increase or decrease

besides none of the other test nations care about ranking other than the #1 ranking, maybe if they're ranked #2 they'll talk about how they could reach #1 if they do this blah blah blah, but otherwise ranking isn't to much of a thought because they all know that they can all beat each other at anytime, it's just about playing your best in that match and that series.

Roni_uk
July 23, 2012, 07:36 PM
BCB got it wrong...

they should have calculated how many matches we'd need to win to take the team to the top and organize such number of matches. Invite the neighboring countries like Germany and France if necessary.

cricbook
July 23, 2012, 08:09 PM
whatever people say about extra match.....I will say....this is a really good oppourtunity to make huge score in t20 ....espacially for tamim, ash, zia, nassir, sak, musy. Atleast I want to see some hundred...if possible.(tamim, zia, sak, musy has pure chance). And ranking,,,, i guess it will help us to see higher, feel higher, and demanded. so, great job by bcb.....thanks to m. kamal....he is trying his best to take bangladesh high....(akhon korleo dhos...na korleo dhos...amra bangalira ata vhaloei pari shudhu blame dite.....fact bujhar chesta korina.)

22Yards
July 23, 2012, 08:13 PM
If this is indeed for that meaningless ranking than this is like that Asia Cup "give me my lollipop back" crybaby saga all over again! Why do we always get hangup on meaningless things and not focus on what's important.

Get ready to see some chocking in the world cup. Anything other than reaching the final is a failure for top 3 teams. No pun intended.

LOL THAT is priceless. Right on the money dilscoop bro.

Naimul_Hd
July 23, 2012, 08:18 PM
Apparently, According to PA, this additional match is NOT to climb up the ranking ladder BUT to stay in the ranking. Kalerkontho Journo :facepalm:

[বাংলা]র‌্যাঙ্কিং বাঁচাতে আরেকটি ম্যাচ (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/news/276224)

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ২৪-০৭-২০১২

০ মন্তব্য (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/news/276224#comments)
প্রিন্ট (http://www.prothom-alo.com/print/news/276224)
ShareThis
http://paimages.prothom-alo.com/secured/theme/public/newdesign/style/images/facebook-share-like.png (http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date//news/276224)
http://paimages.prothom-alo.com/secured/theme/public/newdesign/style/images/plus.png
http://paimages.prothom-alo.com/secured/theme/public/newdesign/style/images/minus.png

http://paimages.prothom-alo.com/secured/uploads/blog-images/2011/11/23/2011-11-23-08-11-52-4eccaac85b557-paj-banner.gif (http://www.prothom-alojobs.com)

« আগের সংবাদ (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date//news/276223) পরের সংবাদ» (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date//news/276225)
হল্যান্ড সফরে দুটি নয়, তিনটি ম্যাচ খেলবে বাংলাদেশ। আজ ও আগামীকাল পূর্বনির্ধারিত স্কটল্যান্ড ও হল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে বাংলাদেশ দল দুটি ম্যাচ খেলবে। বাংলাদেশ এরপর হল্যান্ডের সঙ্গে খেলবে বাড়তি একটি ম্যাচ। হল্যান্ড ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের সঙ্গে আলোচনার পর কাল নিশ্চিত হয়েছে ম্যাচটি। বিসিবি ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগের ভারপ্রাপ্ত ব্যবস্থাপক সাব্বির খান জানিয়েছেন, ‘হল্যান্ড ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের প্রধান নির্বাহী রিচার্ড কক্স আমাদের অনুরোধে আজ (গতকাল) আরেকটি ম্যাচ হওয়া সম্ভব বলে জানিয়েছেন।’ হল্যান্ডের সম্মতিক্রমে ম্যাচটির দিনক্ষণও চুড়ান্ত হয়ে গেছে। ম্যাচটি হবে আগামী ২৬ জুলাই, শুরু হবে তা হল্যান্ডের স্থানীয় সময় দুপুর ২টায় (বাংলাদেশ সময় সন্ধ্যা ৬টা)।
হঠাৎ করে দুই ম্যাচের জায়গায় তিন ম্যাচ খেলতে চাওয়ার কারণ র‌্যাঙ্কিংয়ে টিকে থাকা। আয়ারল্যান্ড সফরের আগে বাংলাদেশ টি-টোয়েন্টি র‌্যাঙ্কিংয়ে ছিল না। আয়ারল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে সিরিজ জিতে সেই বাংলাদেশই এখন চারে! কিন্তু র‌্যাঙ্কিংয়ের নিয়ম অনুযায়ী ২০১০ সালের ১ আগস্ট থেকে আগামী ৩১ জুলাই পর্যন্ত কমপক্ষে আটটি টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচ না খেললে র‌্যাঙ্কিং থেকে আবারও হারিয়ে যাবে বাংলাদেশের নাম। হল্যান্ড ও স্কটল্যান্ডের সঙ্গে আগামী তিনটি ম্যাচ নিয়ে এই সময়ের মধ্যে বাংলাদেশের ম্যাচ হবে এখন আটটি। যা র‌্যাঙ্কিংয়ে টিকে থাকার চাহিদা পূরণ করবে।
বিসিবি সে কারণেই হল্যান্ডে আরেকটি ম্যাচ খেলার চেষ্টা চালিয়েছে এবং হল্যান্ডের সহযোগিতায় বাংলাদেশের উদ্যোগ সফলও হলো।

[/বাংলা]

Jadukor
July 23, 2012, 09:38 PM
The extra game was unnecessary in my opinion. I don't think there is any credibility to this ranking anyways. No one will believe we are stronger than some of the teams below us. Shakib already has an injured finger from the Ireland series. Playing three T-20s in three consecutive days could lead to further injuries for our players.

Night_wolf
July 23, 2012, 10:42 PM
one more match to follow BD thats all i care

fuadomar
July 24, 2012, 12:23 AM
As the fans, we should be happy to get an extra match.

WorldCup11
July 24, 2012, 12:49 AM
^ Yes and it is one of match we'll be watching with a legitimate (not chorai) link . Yayyyyyyy :fire:

AbuDarda
July 24, 2012, 12:50 AM
Its not for climbing up on the ranking,this extra match keep us in the ranking! if we don't play this extra match,we will get out out of the ranking again!!!

al Furqaan
July 24, 2012, 12:52 AM
I am afraid I have to disagree. We are not just beating up on minnows. We beat WI twice already. And as we play more matches, we will eventuaally beat all other top teams just like the way we did in ODI's. But we must play as much as possible. Look at us, we played the least number of matches among 16 teams! Before this tour we played only 6 and NZ played 26!

And to be honest with you based on the current form, we should be able to beat 10 out of top 15 teams.

We will beat:
1. Kenya, 2. Canada, 3. Scots, 4. Netherlands,

We just beat:
5. IRE, 6. South Africa, 7. ZIM

Last time we played, we beat:
8. AFG, 9. WI

We should be able to beat:
10. NZ

We might be able to beat few of the following:

I don't have a problem with our ODI rank or # of points...we're on 60 something and about 20 pts behind the next established side (NZ on 80 something). That is a fair assessment of where we are at, IMO. Similarly our Test rank is also pretty accurate, glitches aside, zero points. I don't disagree about your post, but until we have beaten those teams the ranking is meaningless. The reason we're so far ahead is because we haven't played many matches and neither have Ireland. Thus we both have/had infalted rankings. If we keep it up after 20 more matches, then kudos!

In general, I don't really care about this format, although I wake up at insane hours to follow/watch T20s still. Such is my addiction.

shakibrulz
July 24, 2012, 01:24 AM
Any practice is good practice. Rankings doesn't matter, but this is good match practice. Would RTD be playing? And Ned has an extremely decent T20 side. People like Cooper are regulars in Australian domestic cricket.

kalpurush
July 24, 2012, 01:36 AM
Kalerkontho Journo :facepalm:
How? Care to explain? :-/

Maysun
July 24, 2012, 01:48 AM
Any practice is good practice. Rankings doesn't matter, but this is good match practice. Would RTD be playing? And Ned has an extremely decent T20 side. People like Cooper are regulars in Australian domestic cricket.

Don't think RTD will be playing. Last time I saw, he hardly played for the Dutch during the WT20 qualifications, he was committed with Essex.

Naimul_Hd
July 24, 2012, 02:11 AM
How? Care to explain? :confused:

এক নম্বর হতে ম্যাচ বাড়াল বাংলাদেশ

[বাংলা]ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক : আজ এবং আগামীকাল স্কটল্যান্ড এবং নেদারল্যান্ডসকে হারাতে পারলে আইসিসির টি-টোয়েন্টি র‌্যাংকিংয়ের দ্বিতীয় স্থানে জায়গা করে নেবে বাংলাদেশ। এমন জানলে হয়তো ইউরোপ সফরের সূচি নির্ধারণের সময় অতিরিক্ত আরেকটি টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচের বন্দোবস্তও করে ফেলত বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)।আয়ারল্যান ্ডকে ৩-০ ব্যবধানে হারানোর পর বিসিবির তৎপরতায় তেমনই ইঙ্গিত।

বিসিবি সভাপতি আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল আয়ারল্যান্ড বিজয়ের পরই ইউরোপ সফরে আরেকটি টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচ আয়োজনের নির্দেশ দেন। সে মতে শনিবারই নেদারল্যান্ডস ক্রিকেট অ্যাসোসিয়েশনের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ করা হয় বিসিবির পক্ষ থেকে। বাড়তি এ ম্যাচের পুরো খরচ বহন করেও নাকি রাজি বিসিবি। কিন্তু আন্তর্জাতিক ম্যাচ আয়োজনের জন্য আইসিসির অনুমতি অত্যাবশ্যকীয়। ডাচদের সামনে তার চেয়েও বড় বাধা ওয়ার্ল্ড ক্রিকেট লিগ (ডাব্লিউসিএল)। ২৭ জুলাই সংযুক্ত আরব আমিরাতের বিপক্ষে বিশ্বকাপ বাছাই পর্বের ম্যাচ রয়েছে নেদারল্যান্ডসের। এ অবস্থায় ২৬ জুলাই আরেকটি টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচ খেলতে রাজি ছিল না নেদারল্যান্ডস। গতকাল ভুরবার্গ থেকে টেলিফোনে বাংলাদেশ দলের ম্যানেজার তানজিব আহসান জানিয়েছেন, 'আরেকটি ম্যাচ আয়োজনের চেষ্টা চলছে। দ্রুতই জানা যাবে আরেকটি ম্যাচ খেলা সম্ভব হবে কি না।' রাতে বিসিবি ক্রিকেট অপারেশন্সের ডেপুটি ম্যানেজার সাবি্বর খান জানিয়েছেন, শেষ পর্যন্ত ২৬ জুলাই ম্যাচটি খেলতে রাজি হয়েছে নেদারল্যান্ডস। ডাচ ক্রিকেট অ্যাসোসিয়েশনের সিইও এ কথা নিশ্চিত করেছেন। ফলে বাংলাদেশের সামনে র‌্যাংকিংয়ের শীর্ষে ওঠার সুযোগটা ভালোমতোই থাকছে। কেবল বাকি তিনটি ম্যাচে জিতলেই হয়[/বাংলা]

----

http://www.kalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=Antivirus&pub_no=953&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=2 (http://www.kalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=Antivirus&pub_no=953&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=2)

That additional match was added to stay in the ranking system otherwise Bangladesh would once again out of the ranking system. If Bangladesh can win rest 3 matches then they will go up in the ranking BUT that was not the reason which Kalerkontho mentioned in their report.

Here is PA report

কিন্তু র‌্যাঙ্কিংয়ের নিয়ম অনুযায়ী ২০১০ সালের ১ আগস্ট থেকে আগামী ৩১ জুলাই পর্যন্ত কমপক্ষে আটটি টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচ না খেললে র‌্যাঙ্কিং থেকে আবারও হারিয়ে যাবে বাংলাদেশের নাম। হল্যান্ড ও স্কটল্যান্ডের সঙ্গে আগামী তিনটি ম্যাচ নিয়ে এই সময়ের মধ্যে বাংলাদেশের ম্যাচ হবে এখন আটটি। যা র‌্যাঙ্কিংয়ে টিকে থাকার চাহিদা পূরণ করবে।

SS
July 24, 2012, 02:42 AM

Totally agree Ned is a decent T20 side and RTB, Cooper, Borren, Wesley they all played good recent times and get good support for English counties...

Dilscoop
July 24, 2012, 03:01 AM
Bangladesh would have lost their place in the rankings next month as, by the original schedule, they would have played only seven T20s in the qualifying period. The additional match will help them fulfill the qualification requirements.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ireland-nl-v-bangladesh-2012/content/current/story/573750.html

There.

deshimon
July 24, 2012, 03:51 AM
That means after playing this additional match, next month our ranking will jump again. Because some of our lost match will cut off from counting. Among the last eight matches Bangladesh won most of the matches

Naimul_Hd
July 24, 2012, 04:08 AM
That means after playing this additional match, next month our ranking will jump again. Because some of our lost match will cut off from counting. Among the last eight matches Bangladesh won most of the matches

That's true. But to make that happen, we needed to play this additional match :)

azim71
July 24, 2012, 04:14 AM
If we win all 3 matches from now, we'll go to 3rd position(not 1st). I donno where our newspapers get these baseless news
U can check where bd will go after these 3 matches by using t20 predictor here
http://www.icc-cricket.com/match_zone/t20_predictor.php

deshimon
July 24, 2012, 05:04 AM
That's true. But to make that happen, we needed to play this additional match :)

Naimul vai, the additional match is already scheduled, after europe tour it will be 6 matches we'll have played in 2012 and in 2011 we played 2 matches where we won against WI Oct, 2011 and were defeated by Pakistan Nov,11.

Naimul_Hd
July 24, 2012, 05:14 AM
^^^ you are right deshimon bhai. :)

Rabz
July 24, 2012, 05:46 AM
Very good move by BCB.

playmaker
July 24, 2012, 06:10 AM
ek dhile 2 pakhi morbe, amra rankinge thakum ar amader playerderke practice-o hobe :)

cricheart
July 24, 2012, 07:06 AM
Extra match to save ranking position; now I'll back BCB here, this removes elicit exclamations of approval. Good job BCB.

simon
July 24, 2012, 07:25 AM
I'm very happy ,all I want is to see BD playing more matches.
As we don't play T20S that much this will help us to learn more,improve our game,improve our skills & mentality.
Doesn't matter at all if it's a lower ranked team because we are no big team either,the ranking doesn't prove much, we are yet to beat other test playing nations except WI in T20s.
So better that we play & win against teams like Netherlands/Ire/Scot.
But no way we should take them lightly because it's T20, it can be anyone's game,so we need to play our best cricket.:flag:
Well done BCB. :up:

Dilscoop
July 24, 2012, 12:18 PM
"Bangladesh to play additional T20 to stay in the ranking." I'm sure they want to cancel that game now so they can be off the radar. lol

Kabir
July 24, 2012, 01:39 PM

Boy oh boy...boy oh boy...I hate it when I'm always right!

Dilscoop
July 24, 2012, 01:56 PM
Boy oh boy...boy oh boy...I hate it when I'm always right!

You said Neth, we lost against Scot. Get over yourself. :-X:smh:

Kabir
July 24, 2012, 10:58 PM
You said Neth, we lost against Scot. Get over yourself. :-X:smh:

Its almost the same...both have "land" in them. And lets not get ahead of ourselves. We've already scored a loss againt them!

Tigers_eye
July 24, 2012, 11:11 PM
Its almost the same...both have "land" in them. And lets not get ahead of ourselves. We've already scored a loss againt them!
ei fazil kamon aso? pola maiya koita?

Kabir
July 25, 2012, 08:41 AM
ei fazil kamon aso? pola maiya koita?

Salaam Sir! Please amare audit koiren na! lol...bhalo asi, Alhamdulillah. Apner khobor ki? R pola maiya'r jonno apner ektu dowa korte hobe :)

Naimul_Hd
July 25, 2012, 09:15 AM
I wish there were another match against Scottis.

Kabir
July 26, 2012, 10:12 AM

Ahem. I hate it when I'm right and the team loses!

simon
July 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
ki dorkar chilo ? :-P

SS
July 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
Loittaaaaaaaaaaa re dhor

Kabir
July 26, 2012, 10:17 AM
Loitta re dhoira laabh nai...amader shonar chele der ke dhorey kole uthay chuma dawa uchit. After all, they played hard and still lost...they really troubled a third-grade team. Those are big achievements.

Crisis
July 26, 2012, 10:23 AM
Ki dorkar chilo. Ekhon arek match er lojja shoitey hobey.

Habib
July 26, 2012, 10:28 AM
Perfect example of- "Oti lauvay taati noshto."

Naimul_Hd
July 26, 2012, 10:57 AM
We should not play 8 matches in a calender year. Its better to stay out of the ranking system than staying behind Ireland, Netherlands in ranking.