PDA

View Full Version : About time that Mushy justifies his talent

playmaker
July 24, 2012, 11:49 AM
Its quite frustrating that mushfiqur has been failing consistantly with a few success here and there

As a captain he needs to perform and lead from the front.

crikss
July 24, 2012, 11:59 AM
after the crazy innings against India...he didn't play a decent innings in any single International match

Dilscoop
July 24, 2012, 12:00 PM
Too busy trying to look pretty and tidy.

Rifat_02
July 24, 2012, 12:04 PM
Serious questions have to be asked about our Captain's place in the team. At the moment I think he is the 2nd worst performer in the team after Abul, even Tamim/Ash have scored some 30s

NoName
July 24, 2012, 12:17 PM
Mushfiq only had one good innings this year and that was against India, he is just living of that fame. He clearly fails at T20 and needs to be dropped. He should still be watched in ODI's and tests to see if he can perform there

cricheart
July 24, 2012, 12:20 PM
Amader Captain chalak ache, Sob Ashrafool na je porashuna falaiya khali cricket cholbe!

KaaL-PurusH
July 24, 2012, 12:22 PM
beparta bujhlam na...1 dol bagh shabok der neta biral chana kemne hoy??..khepate kukur hoile mante partam

playmaker
July 24, 2012, 12:24 PM
And also some ordinary captaincy from him. He couldve let zia bowl or even nasir bowl a few overs instead of handing the ball to abul

AsifTheManRahman
July 24, 2012, 12:26 PM
He did get some runs in Zimbabwe, but that's not the point. This is absolute bull crap from Mushfiq. Either score some runs or get the heck out. This sort of Ashrafulesque form is unacceptable. If you can't click three out of five times, you have no business being in the team.

NoName
July 24, 2012, 12:27 PM
Mushfiq loves using crap bowlers, he's just fascinated by how crap they can bowl.

Mauryan
July 24, 2012, 01:15 PM
He's a good keeper, a 2nd grade batsman and a terrible captain, i still believe we lost asia cup because of him letting shahadat bowl despite giving so many runs. His main asset to the team is is cherleading skills.

Equinox
July 24, 2012, 01:31 PM
Too true. Everyone in the team must perform and constantly prove that they are among the best XI in the country. If they can't do that they must be kicked the hell out. Both Mushy and Riyad need to realise no matter how much they score in domestics and practice matches, they've got to score in international games as well to stay in the NT XI.

Dilscoop
July 24, 2012, 01:42 PM
Rahim obviously have a thing against Naz. And I don't like that.

Habib
July 24, 2012, 01:53 PM
Rahim obviously have a thing against Naz. And I don't like that.

Not only Mushy, the whole world including Obama and Romney is against Nazmul. Hasibul Hossain Shanto might play for BD again, but Nazmul? Not a chance.

mij
July 24, 2012, 02:48 PM
Not only Mushy, the whole world including Obama and Romney is against Nazmul. Hasibul Hossain Shanto might play for BD again, but Nazmul? Not a chance.

:up::up::up::up:

mij
July 24, 2012, 02:49 PM
And also some ordinary captaincy from him. He couldve let zia bowl or even nasir bowl a few overs instead of handing the ball to abul

Because this useless people never learn

BengaliPagol
July 24, 2012, 03:05 PM
everyone going bonkers again. Mushy has performed this. People have been praising him and now everyone is over reacting. Alright so maybe he hasnt played to his potential in this series. So wat? That doesnt mean he hasnt performed all year. You dont kick someone out of the team if they dont peform 4-5 matches. :facepalm:

You have to give them chances. People have to realise that chopping and changing the team wont work. He is a proven performer.

oronnya
July 24, 2012, 03:10 PM
Mushy's bowling changes worries me.. it looks like there is no certain plan.. may be because the bowlers are not bowling according to his plan..So can't blame him totally .. Could've used Zia for an over or 2.. Sunny not getting full quota is surprising too..

And I don't know why he is sooo inconsistent with his batting at the international matches.. Today he should've build an innings rather than trying those big shots right away... But I've faith in him.. Inshallah he will be back ..

Kohli_Sox
July 24, 2012, 03:17 PM
There should be some plans about how to rotate bowlers; not just going into the match and let this guy bowl and see what happens next; there should be some solid plans about who to bowl where and which batsman; let it be Irish, Scotland or Netherlands anyone, coaching stuff should sit with Mushfiq and discuss rotation of bowlers and how to exploit certain weakness of batsmen

oronnya
July 24, 2012, 03:38 PM
There should be some plans about how to rotate bowlers; not just going into the match and let this guy bowl and see what happens next; there should be some solid plans about who to bowl where and which batsman; let it be Irish, Scotland or Netherlands anyone, coaching stuff should sit with Mushfiq and discuss rotation of bowlers and how to exploit certain weakness of batsmen

Yeah that's exactly what I was saying.. His bowler changes were pretty confusing.. Seems like they don't do enough research on the opposition players weaknesses ..If he did he could've rotated the bowlers and place the field more smartly.. he seems like deciding on his bowlers as the match goes along.. That's not a sign of a good team (I think all our captains had the same problem)

On the contrary I just loved how Scotland had set up the field and the bowlers bowled accoding to the field placing, not allowing our batsman to find gaps.. Why can't our bowlers di that :facepalm:

simon
July 24, 2012, 03:45 PM
I'm more concerned about Mushy the batsman.
I've /I had high expectations on Mushy,so very disappointed.
Let's hope he does well enough in the next 2 so that we can eat our words with some chola/boot/beguni.

Nadim
July 24, 2012, 03:46 PM
His captaincy what worries me...

4 t20 match gone and we r yet to see Zia or Nasir in action with the ball:smh:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

mufi_02
July 24, 2012, 04:33 PM
Abul bowled 3 overs for 30+ runs
Sunny bowled 2 overs for 16 runs.

Enough said of his captaincy. Mushy is suffering from Abul love.

shuziburo
July 24, 2012, 04:34 PM
He's a good keeper, a 2nd grade batsman and a terrible captain, i still believe we lost asia cup because of him letting shahadat bowl despite giving so many runs. His main asset to the team is is cherleading skills.

Good keeper? I always advocated that he should stop keeping. He makes at least one mistake a match as a keeper. Perhaps then he could focus on batting. He is a terrible captain.

wasi90lkv1
July 24, 2012, 04:36 PM
his batting is essential to our team. you can not just replace him, a lot of time has been invested on him.

BANFAN
July 24, 2012, 04:49 PM
Mushy looked a bit clueless with bowling changes in this series. His batting isn't clicking..... Don't know what's his problem... He might have fallen in love with some bideshini...:)

I find no good reason for his sudden malfunction in every system...

Mauryan
July 24, 2012, 04:52 PM
Good keeper? I always advocated that he should stop keeping. He makes at least one mistake a match as a keeper. Perhaps then he could focus on batting. He is a terrible captain.

You have a point but he has really good stumping ratio our spinners woudnt be complete without his keeping

AMD128
July 24, 2012, 05:00 PM
Can someone send out a Tweet to Mushy about allowing Zia/Nasir to bowl more overs? :/ :facepalm:

shuziburo
July 24, 2012, 05:01 PM
Despite his limitations, Shakib was our best captain. A captain's place in the team should be certain. Mushfiqur's place is not.

oronnya
July 24, 2012, 05:04 PM
Despite his limitations, Shakib was our best captain. A captain's place in the team should be certain. Mushfiqur's place is not.

I still have faith in him.. he is a very good batsman.. he'll be back Inshallah..

crikss
July 24, 2012, 05:07 PM
He is currently a victim of Ash syndrome

BANFAN
July 24, 2012, 05:15 PM

We shouldn't forget how he won for us, the Match against India in Asia Cup 2012... We cannot judge a player with just one T20 series

al Furqaan
July 24, 2012, 05:30 PM
Mushy has won us 2-3 big games since becoming captain, and prolly won us a few more. He's doing fine. Just had a bad game or a bad stretch. His keeping is also decent of late (not sure how long that will last).

The problems are that 1) The pacers blow balls 2) Tamim sucks in this format 3) Ash not playing entirely for the team due to selectors caving to anti-Ash crowd and hence being wholly non-commital on him

All in all I wouldnt complain much about this particular loss. We might get steam-rolled by the major sides come the real tourney, but there shouldnt be any alarm bells just yet.

playmaker
July 24, 2012, 10:11 PM
We shouldn't forget how he won for us, the Match against India in Asia Cup 2012... We cannot judge a player with just one T20 series

You mentioned that he won us a match. Now think again how many time he has given his wicket away and getting his team into trouble? How many times? Everytime mushy walks into the crease I smell a wicket.

If a captain does not performs there will be alot of problems. The case was similar to Misbah for T20Is.

And I found nothing special in Mushy's captaincy. The bowling changes were baseless. And sunny shouldve bowled more.

Tigers_eye
July 24, 2012, 11:16 PM
Shanto khelleo dui-char ta wicket nite parto. 45 hobay ekhon?

crikss
July 24, 2012, 11:38 PM
Shanto khelleo dui-char ta wicket nite parto. 45 hobay ekhon?

Na Shanto - Current age 35 years 52 days

last played in 2007 though

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/55909.html

Sohel
July 25, 2012, 03:25 AM
Mit'hu has been following the same scoring pattern since the U19s.

Low, low, lowsish, decent, decent, almost, good, good, good (or great) ... restart.

So why the rage now all of a sudden? He's one of the gutsiest players we've had in history. A true warrior who at times overestimates his prowess, but when peaking at the right time, a match winner of great quality.

KaaL-PurusH
July 25, 2012, 03:40 AM
He should be given 2 yrs before making any judgement to his captaincy unless the team underperform significantly. I reckon he has plan to build his team which takes a while and the job isn’t easy when there is no too many dependable performer along with having some drawback. But its quite certain that captaincy is slowing down his growth as batsmen. apparently that make me feel jelous of Brendan Taylor's performace post captaincy.

playmaker
July 25, 2012, 04:10 AM
Mit'hu has been following the same scoring pattern since the U19s.

Low, low, lowsish, decent, decent, almost, good, good, good (or great) ... restart.

So why the rage now all of a sudden? He's one of the gutsiest players we've had in history. A true warrior who at times overestimates his prowess, but when peaking at the right time, a match winner of great quality.

He sucked big time the first half of last year but was pretty decent in the 2nd half.

But calling him a match winner is like calling Ashraful a world class batsman. Let him first win us matches, and then lets make such comments. Mushy won us 2-3 matches so far, that 96 against zimbos long ago, the innings against WI in the T20 match and also was ONE OF those who helped BD beat India.

But the issue is he has a player of potential and knows what to do, but poor execution everywhere. Even by seeing his urge to get someone run out that he isnt concentrating well enough.

Isnaad
July 25, 2012, 05:16 AM
Just make sure that Mushy does not know that the matches he is playing in are 'international' and voila! You'll see him scoring plenty! He really does remind me of Tushar Imran. May be a slightly better version of Tushar Imran but still does not help.

BengaliPagol
July 25, 2012, 06:54 AM
He sucked big time the first half of last year but was pretty decent in the 2nd half.

But calling him a match winner is like calling Ashraful a world class batsman. Let him first win us matches, and then lets make such comments. Mushy won us 2-3 matches so far, that 96 against zimbos long ago, the innings against WI in the T20 match and also was ONE OF those who helped BD beat India.

But the issue is he has a player of potential and knows what to do, but poor execution everywhere. Even by seeing his urge to get someone run out that he isnt concentrating well enough.

Whatever makes you happy :)

Naimul_Hd
July 25, 2012, 07:12 AM
Ever since Mushy has joined Twitter world, he is more busy tweeting back to his followers than focusing on his game. :smh:

SS
July 25, 2012, 07:55 AM
Mushy looked a bit clueless with bowling changes in this series. His batting isn't clicking..... Don't know what's his problem... He might have fallen in love with some bideshini...:)

I find no good reason for his sudden malfunction in every system...

these things are happening quiet often now among our players...getting married prior to important series are bhai biya koro koro...series er sheshe biya ta korle hoi ki..ektu pakna gojaile prem priti and biya korar iccha jage...on othe other biri fuka, khelar ager rate adda mara, skiping practice sessions...TIK and Shakib probably doing and also influencing this guy...hair style koira shob shomoi chimcham...if you cricketer and practicing you will be sweaty looking ...even it's a gentlemen's game...for us lunge gamsa bainda sweaty looking is more appropriate than getting that spiky hair and wearing tight shirt for body show off...mejaj ta karap lage...bangali ayesh korle aram paile ki ar 200% effort dite parbo...we are not sporty type

playmaker
July 25, 2012, 08:31 AM
Ever since Mushy has joined Twitter world, he is more busy tweeting back to his followers than focusing on his game. :smh:

:lol::lol:

Sauron
July 25, 2012, 11:49 AM
:lol::lol:

Hey man, your foot is still sticking out of your mouth. Please either shove it down, or take it out.

AsifTheManRahman
July 25, 2012, 11:52 AM
Good job today, but he needs to perform at least 3 out of 5 times, once every 5 games is unacceptable. This goes for everyone in the team.

Tiger444
July 25, 2012, 11:55 AM
It's good to see him scoring again but needs to keep this up. He's a world class talent and needs to be more consistent from now on.

Maysun
July 25, 2012, 11:58 AM

So isn't he entitled to have some fun in his time off?

Why are you here at BC? Why not get back to your work/studies?

:facepalm:

Jadukor
July 25, 2012, 12:00 PM
Haterz ra polaise...

Dilscoop
July 25, 2012, 12:01 PM
I'm glad people are starting to see his horrible bowling rotation. It was covered up by those wins in Ire.

Habib
July 25, 2012, 12:36 PM
Good to see Mushy back to his six hitting form.

playmaker
July 25, 2012, 12:38 PM
Hey man, your foot is still sticking out of your mouth. Please either shove it down, or take it out.

:smh:

what did i do? and where are my legs? :umm:

playmaker
July 25, 2012, 12:39 PM
well good to see him playing a good innings but he needs to be consistant from now-on. I want to see him do well again tomorrow otherwise his exploits today will go down as a one-off good innings like the innings against India

oronnya
July 25, 2012, 12:48 PM
I knew Mushy will bounce back.. Played more sensibly today !!

But his bowler changing decision still questionable.. Why would you give Mash to bowl the last over and why doesn't he use Sunny's full quota ??? Sunny should be tried during the powerplay or death too.. If Riyad can bowl well at the death Sunny will do well too...

But good to see him giving Zia an over...

PoorFan
July 25, 2012, 01:00 PM
Usually after 6/7 down, common cricket sense is to bowl pace at the death overs. Because lower order batsman can find enough to power hit the slow bowling. Thats why we often see teams doing that, even we see Mash like player can hit quite a big shots off slow bowling.

simon
July 25, 2012, 01:17 PM
Mushy just needs to do it consistently.
His stroke making is just priceless.
We desperately need a pocket dynamo like him in teatwnty as we can not depend much on Sakib the batsman and Nasir has more work to do.
But Mushy definitely needs to use his bowling options well.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

oronnya
July 25, 2012, 01:19 PM
Usually after 6/7 down, common cricket sense is to bowl pace at the death overs. Because lower order batsman can find enough to power hit the slow bowling. Thats why we often see teams doing that, even we see Mash like player can hit quite a big shots off slow bowling.

Yeah most of the teams bowls a pacer at the last over but we all know Mash's track record for bowling the last over.. He always goes for too many runs... and yes we didn't have any other good pacer other than Mash (given Nazmul went for runs).. But Mushy should've used a spinner as he did in the previous games.. Mash is good but for some strange reason he can never bowl a decent last over..

kiwibd
July 25, 2012, 01:55 PM
well good to see him playing a good innings but he needs to be consistant from now-on. I want to see him do well again tomorrow otherwise his exploits today will go down as a one-off good innings like the innings against India
lol no simple congratulations, instead a threat of '' u have to perform or i will hate on you again''

mushy WHY YOU NO BOWL NAZMUL HIS 4 OVERS :( give him a chance atleast like you gave abul in every game he played, thats a total of 3 overs in 2 matches naz has been given. please plase don't give abul a game tomorrow!

BengaliPagol
July 25, 2012, 03:24 PM
Mushy just had a little patch of not scoring runs. Doesnt mean he isnt performing, shouldnt be in the team or has been out of form the whole year. But yes some of his decision making as captain can be questionable.

meazz1
July 25, 2012, 04:25 PM
Mushy just needs to do it consistently.
His stroke making is just priceless.
We desperately need a pocket dynamo like him in teatwnty as we can not depend much on Sakib the batsman and Nasir has more work to do.
But Mushy definitely needs to use his bowling options well.

Can't stop laughing!

Gowza
July 25, 2012, 09:09 PM
mushy is probably overall our 3rd most consistent batsman after shakib and tamim, nasir is on the way up though and may overtake him but it's to early to tell still, riyad is somewhat consistent to but mushy especially in tests is one of our most consistent batsmen. of course more consistency is always welcomed.

playmaker
July 26, 2012, 08:19 AM
mushy is probably overall our 3rd most consistent batsman after shakib and tamim, nasir is on the way up though and may overtake him but it's to early to tell still, riyad is somewhat consistent to but mushy especially in tests is one of our most consistent batsmen. of course more consistency is always welcomed.

You call him consistent? If you look at his performance this year we can see how consistant he is.

Im not a mushy-hater but with this kind of rubbish performance from him is unacceptable.

jeesh
July 26, 2012, 09:52 AM
Doesnt put a price on his wicket. Throws it away all too easily. Very similar to Tatenda Taibu in terms of the role he plays for us. But Taibu is a tenacious batsmen who tries and tries and tries. Mushfiq is capable of doing that, but often he just gives it away. Needs to develop a tougher mindset

NoName
July 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
He just can't be consistent.

playmaker
July 26, 2012, 11:22 AM
Teams win when captains lead from the front

Mushy on the other hand always fails when the team lose -_-

simon
July 26, 2012, 11:33 AM
about time we hand over the captaincy to Ryad :rolleyes:

BengaliPagol
July 26, 2012, 02:46 PM
Mushfiq is one of our most consistent batsmen.

Maysun
July 26, 2012, 03:27 PM
Where's his DPL form? :mad:

Roey Haque
July 26, 2012, 03:29 PM
I always thought he was overrated. Still do.

oronnya
July 26, 2012, 03:31 PM

And the musical chair will go on as we don't have any consistent performer.. We might have to hand it over to Pybus at one point :)

Ajfar
July 26, 2012, 03:35 PM

Tarpor abar shobo khawar thread-e giye bolben bhul hoise ar bolbo na

simon
July 26, 2012, 03:44 PM
Lol @ chhai baba and barrister Oronnya
couldnt agree more hehe

Fazal
July 26, 2012, 03:55 PM
Captaincy is a curse....

SS
July 26, 2012, 04:44 PM
Mushy can justify as he now talks very nicely during interview and answers all the questions in professional manner...he makes sure he dress good and look good...and represent the BD Advertisement team as a true ambassador ...what else he needs to justify

playmaker
July 27, 2012, 01:51 AM
Mushy can justify as he now talks very nicely during interview and answers all the questions in professional manner...he makes sure he dress good and look good...and represent the BD Advertisement team as a true ambassador ...what else he needs to justify

Think about Sakib, he doesnt always dress smartly or try to look smart and yet he is such a great ambassador because of his performance at the big stage, and when I mean performance i mean in the cricket field not outside. For a sportsperson, everything he needs to prove, justifiy, bla bla bla, has to be in the cricket field and also in big stages

KaaL-PurusH
July 27, 2012, 02:27 PM
Mushfiq is one of our most consistent batsmen.

Romjan mashe emon 1ta misa kotha boilen na..pls :(

BengaliPagol
July 27, 2012, 09:56 PM
Romjan mashe emon 1ta misa kotha boilen na..pls :(

eta tik bholla bhai.

playmaker
July 28, 2012, 08:29 AM
eta tik bholla bhai.

I agree with BP bro, Mushy has been very consistant. Consistantly failing, no wonder he has a career avg of 23 and 29 in test and ODIs respectively.

BengaliPagol
July 28, 2012, 02:57 PM
I agree with BP bro, Mushy has been very consistant. Consistantly failing, no wonder he has a career avg of 23 and 29 in test and ODIs respectively.

Ok so why do you want Junaid to be in the team if you are talking about averages? No one in our team has an average to write off about so i dont know why you are bringing averages into this...

kiwibd
July 28, 2012, 03:34 PM
Ok so why do you want Junaid to be in the team if you are talking about averages? No one in our team has an average to write off about so i dont know why you are bringing averages into this...
dw bhai, no point arguing with sir PM, even if you prove him wrong or give him facts he will continue with his hating.

Gowza
July 28, 2012, 07:41 PM
mushy still is a bit up and down but for the last 2 years in ODIs he's averaged 30.33 in 31 innings (32 matches), for the last 3 years he's averaged 30.00 in ODIs, 57 innings, 60 matches and in the last 12 months he's averaged 29.23 in 15 innings, 15 matches. so he is reasonably consistent at least by BD standards.

in tests he's averaged 36.40 in 24 innings (12 matches) over the last 3 years. in the last 5 test matches, 10 innings he's averaged 37.77.

mushy has improved his averages dramatically from when he was first in the national team, you can't just quote his overall averages because they don't tell the true story of his consistency over the last few years.

playmaker
July 29, 2012, 05:19 AM

Avg-22, SR-147

Better than that of other players. Dont talk about other formats, he is pretty useless ODI and Test player. The reason why I wanted Junaid in the batting order because he is some1 who has the intent on getting some quick runs and has done that plenty of times, his BPL performance also tells you that.

M.H.Rubel
July 29, 2012, 01:29 PM
mushy still is a bit up and down but for the last 2 years in ODIs he's averaged 30.33 in 31 innings (32 matches), for the last 3 years he's averaged 30.00 in ODIs, 57 innings, 60 matches and in the last 12 months he's averaged 29.23 in 15 innings, 15 matches. so he is reasonably consistent at least by BD standards.

in tests he's averaged 36.40 in 24 innings (12 matches) over the last 3 years. in the last 5 test matches, 10 innings he's averaged 37.77.

mushy has improved his averages dramatically from when he was first in the national team, you can't just quote his overall averages because they don't tell the true story of his consistency over the last few years.

Good post Gowza.

Rifat_02
September 17, 2012, 03:49 AM
A great innnings from Mushfiq today :facepalm: as a captain he should be leading from the front but is failing to live up to his talent, seems he is better at domestic cricket.

Sohel
September 17, 2012, 03:54 AM
Success usually follows his failures before the pattern is repeated all over again. So there's a good chance he'll bat relatively well in at least one of the two games in the tournament proper.

BengaliPagol
September 17, 2012, 04:05 AM
No need to jump to conclusions. Mushfiq is a fighter. I have a feeling that he will bounce back strongly in the real match.

deshprem
September 17, 2012, 04:32 AM
mushy doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. esp to a bunch of fickle fans on BC.

BengaliPagol
September 17, 2012, 04:39 AM
mushy doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. esp to a bunch of fickle fans on BC.

LOL Mushfiq definitely doesnt need to prove anything to anyone.

jeesh
September 17, 2012, 04:45 AM
Lol @ deshprem. He does need to prove to the nation that he is worthy of leading the team, and he is worthy of being in the XI. Must lead by example. Cannot throw away wickets. He can be forgiven for the practice matches. But if this is repeated against NZ and Pak then problems.

simon
September 17, 2012, 04:49 AM
"about time " this thread gets bumped. :-p

man this thread will never die

BengaliPagol
September 17, 2012, 05:01 AM
and he is worthy of being in the XI.

Worthy of being in the XI? Who do you think could be Mushy's replacement? The glorious strokemaker in Dhiman Ghosh or the classy player in Mithun Ali? Or do you think the standout performances of Liton Das in the U19's World Cup warrants him a position in the national team?

deshprem
September 17, 2012, 06:36 AM
Lol @ deshprem. He does need to prove to the nation that he is worthy of leading the team, and he is worthy of being in the XI. Must lead by example. Cannot throw away wickets. He can be forgiven for the practice matches. But if this is repeated against NZ and Pak then problems.

so what do you want him to do? morph into hashim amla and accomplish everything? and seriously, 'worthy of leading the team" "worthy of being in the XI" seriously??? do we have world class players warming the bench ??? the guys has been through the roughest times in bd cricket. he doesn't need to prove any of those things. only thing he needs to do is score runs.

he has shown he has the goods. its just a matter of time that consistency comes.

Rifat H
September 17, 2012, 06:40 AM
His captaincy also is very poor .

BANFAN
September 17, 2012, 07:03 AM
so what do you want him to do? morph into hashim amla and accomplish everything? and seriously, 'worthy of leading the team" "worthy of being in the XI" seriously??? do we have world class players warming the bench ??? the guys has been through the roughest times in bd cricket. he doesn't need to prove any of those things. only thing he needs to do is score runs.

he has shown he has the goods. its just a matter of time that consistency comes.

That's how he has to prove...I.e. By scoring runs.. And how long should he take to be consistent ...? Talking about T20 of course. But yes, I agree it's not yet the time to talk about captaincy... But if he fails continuously in T20 we may have to go for a new captain for this format.

Habib
September 17, 2012, 07:08 AM
Mushy's off form is messing up the balance in our middle order. Need him to deliver ASAP.

mufi_02
September 17, 2012, 08:52 AM
He plays one good innings and then goes into hibernation for the next few matches. He is enjoying the ride because there really isn't anyone in the bench to replace him. He needs to fire up.

playmaker
October 1, 2012, 10:28 AM
I must say for a guy who has been playing in the intl arena for 7 years this kind of performance is simply PATHETIC

But then again, you dont have any backup keeper :facepalm: anamul looked rubbish in the recent A team games

roman
October 1, 2012, 11:06 AM
Yes..there is no backup. And that's why our players with minimal work ethics taking advantage of this. No accountability at all. And no one is taking any steps to fix it.

Need to hit them where it hurts. That is their pockets and then Tara baap baap kore perform kora shuru korbe ar cricket er jonno kaaj korbe.

playmaker
October 1, 2012, 11:28 AM
I know this may sound a bit awkward but the reality is that I praise Loitta's decision to put pressure on our players.

I can remember that Mathews was asked to stay away from bowling due to back injury. However he still bowled in IPL because he knew that his position in the team was in jeopardy so he resumed bowling so that team management finds him more useful than others, others like tamimma.