PDA

View Full Version : Post Mortem of The Loss

Habib
July 24, 2012, 12:08 PM
Why did we lose today?
1.Tamim's stupidity
2. Bad fielding, Berrington was dropped
3. Mushy and Riyad's poor form continues
4. Poor team selection (Abul over Naz, Tamim-Ash over Junaid)
What are your reasons?

Nadim
July 24, 2012, 12:11 PM
Tamim & Ash still sux! (Solution: Find better openers)

Riyad: With a avg 0f <8 in INT T20 for top 5 batsman is just a joke. should bat @ no 7/8 or even 11 since he is playing as a so called AR :sick:

team selection of course :sick:

playmaker
July 24, 2012, 12:12 PM
Mushy sux :facepalm:

This guy doesnt deserve to be in the team considering his performance. So far he had that innings against India which was a good one and a half century against SAffers when match was already lost, not to mention being dropped a few times.

And as for abul i dont know what to say. This guy is much worse than shahadat

Night_wolf
where is the poll

shuridh
Drop catch cost us
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Habib
July 24, 2012, 12:14 PM
where is the poll

There are multiple reasons for the loss. No point limiting them to a poll.

MSM B2C
July 24, 2012, 12:17 PM
Tamim Iqbal: Super Flop in the Series!
Shakib Al Hasan: One good Batting score and That's it!
Mushfiqur Rahim: He does'nt know what he is doing!
Ziaur Rahman: Blind Slogger!

That's the morale of our series so far!

shakibrulz
July 24, 2012, 12:19 PM
Poor team selection, poor performance. Although a good wake up call IMO.

simon
July 24, 2012, 12:19 PM
come on guys, we won both warm ups and all three against Ireland.
It was time that we lose a match to balance with the ecosystem.

Seriously speaking, take it easy guys,no team can always win, and in T20 any team can win.
So I'm not so frustrated about it,we just had a bad day all together hope we win the next 2.
Mash was the only player who played well so I'm not going to waste my energy on naming who suked.
But it's true that Mushy needs to deliver big time.

Jadukor
July 24, 2012, 12:21 PM
it was a bad day... lets leave all the bad days here in Europe

playmaker
July 24, 2012, 12:22 PM
i dont see ourselves going into the 2nd round in T20 wc. If you cant score more than 130 in a flat pitch, with short boundaries, and ordinary bowlers how will do well against NZ and Pakistan?

And if anyone is to be blamed its mushfiqur, this guy doesnt even deserve to be playing for a national team with such pathetic performance

Mummy
July 24, 2012, 12:22 PM
Problem Started when we selected our team and the problem never ended. But lets look forward to next match. As wasi was saying, If Allah wishes then we'll definitely demolish the Dutch Tomorrow. :)

simon
July 24, 2012, 12:28 PM
look at India
They scored 315 the other day and won
Today they scored 139 and lost by 9 wickets.

There will be ups and down , can't expect a win in every match regardless the quality of the opposition..that also when it's a Tea20.

playmaker
July 24, 2012, 12:30 PM
look at India
They scored 315 the other day and won
Today they scored 139 and lost by 9 wickets.

There will be ups and down , can't expect a win in every match regardless the quality of the opposition..that also when it's a Tea20.

but the point to be made is that even when we won against Irish, we got over the line barely owing to ordinary cricket by the irish.

we need to manup and perform

ialbd
July 24, 2012, 12:31 PM
such an appropriate Prothom Alo heading...

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg546/scaled.php?server=546&filename=abula.jpg&res=landing

Habib
July 24, 2012, 12:36 PM
This thread is just for you to point out the reasons for the loss. It's not a knee jerk thread like 'Bring in a random U19 player' or 'BD is doomed foreva!'. Regardless of how we do in the Europe tour, I still expect us to go past the group stage in Sri Lanka. So simply point out the reasons guys.

And LMAO@ ialbd.

kalpurush
July 24, 2012, 12:51 PM
such an appropriate Prothom Alo heading...

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg546/scaled.php?server=546&filename=abula.jpg&res=landing
Poor kid! I blame our selectors fot Abul's downfall.

Good one though jalbd bhai :lol:

AsifTheManRahman
July 24, 2012, 12:56 PM
We had it coming. We lost to Zimbabwe and even a South Africa B team. Going into the tour of Ireland, I had expected us to either lose the series, or just barely scrape through. Luckily we did the latter, but honestly, it just wasn't enough. These are associates and we need to beat them comfortably and consistently. Every time we go to Europe we lose a couple of matches to them. The last couple of wins against Ireland were far from convincing and we would have easily been beaten by a better side under the same circumstances.

It's been a gazillion years and we still can't comfortably establish superiority over the associates, regardless of the format. Results speak volumes, so let's not kid ourselves - we're probably only ever so slightly better than the top associates and still far behind the teams ranked above us. I'd go as far as saying Zimbabwe are better than us and Ireland are our equals, which is extremely unfortunate as it indicates that everyone else is improving at a more rapid rate than our gutless players are.

tglover
July 24, 2012, 12:59 PM
Berrington just played an absolute once in a lifetime knock. Had he fallen early, Scotland wouldn't have come close to a team total of 100 I don't think. Unfortunate loss no doubt and I think Bangladesh should have come closer in their chase, they were outdone by some amazing fielding and decent shot selection BUT hitting to the fielders instead of in the gaps.

Don't forget T20 creates much easier upsets because of the nature of the game.

SMHasan
July 24, 2012, 01:00 PM
We had it coming. We lost to Zimbabwe and even a South Africa B team. Going into the tour of Ireland, I had expected us to either lose the series, or just barely scrape through. Luckily we did the latter, but honestly, it just wasn't enough. These are associates and we need to beat them comfortably and consistently. Every time we go to Europe we lose a couple of matches to them. The last couple of wins against Ireland were far from convincing and we would have easily been beaten by a better side under the same circumstances.

It's been a gazillion years and we still can't comfortably establish superiority over the associates, regardless of the format. Results speak volumes, so let's not kid ourselves - we're probably only ever so slightly better than the top associates and still far behind the teams ranked above us. I'd go as far as saying Zimbabwe are better than us and Ireland are our equals, which is extremely unfortunate as it indicates that everyone else is improving at a more rapid rate than our gutless players are.

My words.

This is unacceptable and unforgivable.

We suck big time. I am feeling like uttering ugly words towards the team. When they will learn professionalism? When they will be consistent? When they will be responsible?

Bunch of irresponsible idiots.

kalpurush
July 24, 2012, 01:06 PM
The Scotts played well, thus won the match.

kazis2007
July 24, 2012, 01:25 PM
i am not worried about loosing but our players body language was so poor against them.

Mauryan
July 24, 2012, 01:29 PM
Poor team selection. Btw shafiul had a great wc when did he perform so bad after that that he has been permanently dropped from the first team?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

oronnya
July 24, 2012, 01:42 PM

Totally agree ..

oronnya
July 24, 2012, 01:44 PM
Our bowling never looked threatening except those overs by Sunny in the first 2 matches.. We need quality pacers.. Spinners can't do the job in a flat pitch..

Maysun
July 24, 2012, 01:44 PM
Tamim's place should be under scrutiny. He should not get a free pass into the t20 side. His performance in the format is unacceptable. Enough with the excuses about him not playing BPL/IPL.

Honestly, Mushy has been really crap this tour. And since he's the captain the issue should be taken more seriously about his performance.

And I've got nothing to say about Abul/Ashraful. Clearly they don't deserve to be in the playing XI.

Nasir has just played one innings and has done nothing so far.

Shakib has been mediocre by his standards.

Ian Pont
July 24, 2012, 01:45 PM

The success of the Asia Cup masked the sound of the penny dropping.

Finally, that sound is heard.

oronnya
July 24, 2012, 01:51 PM
kichhu manush achhe jokhon jeidike srot boi sheidikei chole..

cricheart
July 24, 2012, 02:44 PM
Dishearted ppl should take this in mind, before playing those 3 t20Is against Ireland Bangladesh had two warmup matches there to cope up with Irish cold environment and ground condition. This was a complete surprise blow from Scotland show out with unexpectedly much better equipped than Ireland on a unknown place. Bangladesh is a professional side playing higher class cricket for long time, I'm sure they will re-group in quick fassion and come out in next match with optimistic attitude. Holland in this case will be unfortunate I hope to face the scarfaced here.

Jadukor
July 24, 2012, 07:50 PM
What did we know about t20?
-It's an un predicable format where anybody could win on their day
-shorter the format narrower the gap between strong sides and weak sides
-in t-20 one brilliant innings can win you a match

What did we know before this tour?
-we are bad in t20 and are still learning the trade
-its going to be tough adjusting to the conditions without any time for adaptation
-we are still exploring our options for the t-20 wc

What happened in the game?
-Under different conditions and ground size our bowlers couldn't settle into decent line and length
-the captain couldnt work out the angles of the field to stop the boundaries
-captain couldnt make intelligent bowling changes
-we didnt know anything about their players
-it was barrington's day
-batters went into panic mode too quickly

Is this the end of the world? Nope. We played poorly and paid the price. We will bounce back.

Naimul_Hd
July 24, 2012, 08:04 PM
Over confidence costs us the game.

zahidnyc
July 24, 2012, 08:20 PM
this is totally bcz of overconfidence , man i still cant believe how they played , all the palyer were lyk joking instead of playing real cricket , accept mahmudullah out everyone through their wickets with joke , lyk common now musfiq needs to be drooped for good bring jahurul bak in the team and make mahmudullah a captain

Ajfar
July 24, 2012, 08:28 PM
Over confidence costs us the game.

+1. Over confidence from players and fans. Players had no intention of playing building partnership, picking singles and doubles. All the wanted to do was blast the scotish bowlers out of the park. Fans went over the top with the Ranking episode. Some even went as far as to claim playing against associates are not so called real cticket. We had people talking trash on Ireland trying to get Test Status. To some degree we needed this lost to bring some sense back to us. Ireland will be kicking themselves for not closing out atleast one of the last 2 games.

Oh and to the guy who argued with me that it's not financially viable for BD to be playing Associate teams, I hope you landed your feet back to earth again.

SS
July 24, 2012, 08:41 PM
I hope they finish the rest of the matches on high notes, after coming back home they got to put in trials what exactly happened in their mind...what were they thinking when trying to hit just sixes..instead of play sensibly...what exactly happened to them...players better take accountability for their faults

kawsar
July 24, 2012, 08:58 PM
Hayreh bangalin I have to say we are worse than Indians, just coz of one loss we are soo pissed and blaming the entire squad including Shakib Omgg grow up people, Even Australia/SA looses game when it's there bad day, I don't see them getting mad, rather they figure out how to outperform in the next match and show what they really worth.

The squad is fine except Abul, and maybe Tamim but still Tamim could surprise everyone during WC, Juned is very unreliable character, he can either give you disaster or relief, I wouldn't mind him being the finisher in replace of Zia, at least Junaid doesn't slog.

sadekjake
July 24, 2012, 09:24 PM
It's T20, and even if Bangladesh had played 4 games against Australia in a 1 week span, I would expect them to win at least one of the games. Losing against the Scottish is not the world's end - and Scotland played really well too. I am sure BD will come back strong and demolish Netherlands in the next two matches.

I should also add that I used to be completely hopeless about BD's T20 prospect. But in the last two tours, I believe that the boys have shown some indication that they are improving fast.

sadekjake
July 24, 2012, 09:29 PM
+1. Over confidence from players and fans. Players had no intention of playing building partnership, picking singles and doubles. All the wanted to do was blast the scotish bowlers out of the park. Fans went over the top with the Ranking episode. Some even went as far as to claim playing against associates are not so called real cticket. We had people talking trash on Ireland trying to get Test Status. To some degree we needed this lost to bring some sense back to us. Ireland will be kicking themselves for not closing out atleast one of the last 2 games.

Oh and to the guy who argued with me that it's not financially viable for BD to be playing Associate teams, I hope you landed your feet back to earth again.

+1. I like the part about people talking trash about Ireland. Honestly they are a very formidable side, and one must be impressed with the level of professionalism and seriousness they bring in each game.

Max100
July 24, 2012, 09:42 PM
We are now number 9

reyme
July 24, 2012, 09:58 PM
Scotts played well but we lacked the desire to work hard towards a win and the body language of players showed it clearly. The coaches need to tie up all the lose ends starting from team selection and have a solid game plan and have that well executed by the captain. Good luck for the next match and let's win it.

Ian Pont
July 25, 2012, 01:42 AM
The shorter the game, the more random the results.

If you chase 15 off an over, we all know you can win. If you chase 150 off 10 overs (same RR) it is way harder.

This is why TEST CRICKET is a true indicator of a team's quality, ODI's less so, and T20 is a complete lottery.

Do not care where a ranking places a team because on any day, one team can beat the other. It's why associates can beat Test countries more easily.

Treat T20 as fun. It's not something to judge a nation by to be honest.

frd
July 25, 2012, 02:07 AM
শুরু হইয়া গেসে বাঙ্গালীর কান্নাকাটি ।যত্তসব ! ! হার জিত তো থাকবেই । জিতলে মাত্রাতিরিক্ত লাফালাফি আর হারলে খেলোয়ার নির্বিশেষে মুন্ডুপাত শুরু হয়ে যায় । :facepalm: :down:

frd
July 25, 2012, 02:08 AM

If you chase 15 off an over, we all know you can win. If you chase 150 off 10 overs (same RR) it is way harder.

This is why TEST CRICKET is a true indicator of a team's quality, ODI's less so, and T20 is a complete lottery.

Do not care where a ranking places a team because on any day, one team can beat the other. It's why associates can beat Test countries more easily.

ditto .cant agree more

simon
July 25, 2012, 02:41 AM

Do not care where a ranking places a team because on any day, one teaom can beat the other. It's why associates can beat Test countries more easily.

This is the Ian I know
than the one below
I am quite surprised the team should lose to a poor side like Scotland. No disrespect to the Scots but they are way below Ireland, NL, Afghans and maybe even Canada in quality
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Dhakablues
July 25, 2012, 03:02 AM
শুরু হইয়া গেসে বাঙ্গালীর কান্নাকাটি ।যত্তসব ! ! হার জিত তো থাকবেই । জিতলে মাত্রাতিরিক্ত লাফালাফি আর হারলে খেলোয়ার নির্বিশেষে মুন্ডুপাত শুরু হয়ে যায় । :facepalm: :down:

Bhai ; the way we played, it was obvious that we were slogging from the start and we were going to lose the match.. We were never ahead of Scotand. Why does it bother some of us? Because Scotland is not a strong team to begin with, they have never beaten a Test nation, a player scores century against us, we were pushed to 9th position. It's only one loss but it was very costly loss..

Maysun
July 25, 2012, 03:13 AM
Ian, easy for you to say we shouldn't be taking t20 seriously because England has won the t20 WC.

Jadukor
July 25, 2012, 03:15 AM
Bhai ; the way we played, it was obvious that we were slogging from the start and we were going to lose the match.. We were never ahead of Scotand. Why does it bother some of us? Because Scotland is not a strong team to begin with, they have never beaten a Test nation, a player scores century against us, we were pushed to 9th position. It's only one loss but it was very costly loss..

Some are saying it was an accident, because we won five T-20 games (zim, SA, Ireland) in a row before this defeat. Some are saying it was not an accident and we need to make changes. How about we just wait and see the next two games? If we win the next two then We can infer that the Scotland game was a case of having a bad day. If we end up losing to Netherlands then obviously Pybus himself will bring in the changes. At this point we need to be patient with our boys and wait to see what they deliver.

playmaker
July 25, 2012, 04:22 AM
Not taking T20 srsly will be stupidity. Its important that we perform in T20s alongside other formats because performing in this format will ensure we will have more T20 matches for our side and at the same time our players can show their potential and in the process get to play in different leagues around the world.

Isnaad
July 25, 2012, 04:58 AM
kichhu manush achhe jokhon jeidike srot boi sheidikei chole..

Exactly what my mind was reminding me of while scrolling down this thread. :)

F6_Turbo
July 25, 2012, 05:01 AM
Post Mortem: sh1t happens

I saw the results from the Ireland tour and while winning was great, that didn't make us world beaters and losing to Scotland is no cause for mass seppuku either.

zainab
July 25, 2012, 06:16 AM
It shows that one must never underestimate a team that you have won against all the time, in a few years, this team has improved by leaps and bounds and will try their best to win. BD should have viewed the Scottish team line up and be better prepared, not venturing out into an unknown wilderness without a map.

Raynman
July 25, 2012, 07:10 AM
I wasn't over excited about the 3-0 vs. Ireland and I'm not too disheartened by the Scottish loss.

The Ireland wins (2nd/3rd) showed unusual and unexpected character and fighting spirit and the Scott loss showed the ever so common BD being complacent and not playing to the plan or their potential.

Two wins vs. Netherlands can salvage this tour as successful and build momentum going into the world cup. Either way, NZ and PAK will not take us lightly and we can not approach those games as predetermined loss or just FUN.

No disrespect Ian and all the 'Test is real cricket and T20 is just fun' fans, actually all disrespect intended, this is the format of the future and will become the flagship of cricket sooner than later. Reality will not allow Test cricket to grow (politics, fans, real life of fans) and its quite annoying really to see the T20 format being ridiculed. If you don't like it: don't play it, don't watch it, don't follow it and don't coach it.

It is an international setup and performance should be evaluated for improvement at a personal and team level. So what the playing field is more even? If everything is based on the best team winning why have sports at all. Why not change Tests to 3 innings each and 10 days? Why not have the NBA finals best of 9? Why not have the FIFA worldcup a best of 3 match?

Personally, we have evolved to a point where we have a small clue about this format. Not where we should be but getting there. I'm hoping that this is a bump on the road and a learning tool. I'm willing to overlook one bump after 5 wins. If this continues however, this is a different story.

SS
July 25, 2012, 08:04 AM
Raynman great post...agree with you some what about T20 the new norm and all going towards it...but test cricket will remain test cricket...may be few nations will continue to play and progress at a very slow rate...regardless about back to the topic and about OUR problem. We all will find out in few hours if it is a bump but currently it looks like our players are not executing the plan properly and can not play according to the situation. Our history of ura dhura cricket remains a concern after seeing few innings from few batsmen, no comments of bowling. BCB better straighten things out even it has to go through change in coaching or even looking for appropriate replacements. Why they are consistent with Abul not sure, he should rectify his mistakes in A team and need to perform, but can just give all blame to Abul, our star player Shakib also not effective. So hopefully coach is thinking about the entire bowling unit also.

PoorFan
July 25, 2012, 08:41 AM
The idiots those dont perform day in day out in series, and pose like world beaters after scoring 30 odd runs few times in a year are the criminals. Reasoning for losing a game for BAN and other top teams is no way same as those idiots come with. Top team struggle once in a few years against associate, whereas BAN struggle every other game against associate. Players in top team fail once in a few game, whereas BAN players perform once in a few game, complete opposite state in fact. There is the gulf of quality, yet the reasoning of their failure always the same as top team/players, to me its a shameless state of mind in fact.

Ian Pont
July 25, 2012, 03:07 PM
Ian, easy for you to say we shouldn't be taking t20 seriously because England has won the t20 WC.

I am not sure England takes T20 that seriously.

We have no franchised T20 cricket, and very very few players in the IPL. Hardly any Eng players play overseas in T20.

Like other countries, England is just learning how to play T20 properly at International level

mij
July 25, 2012, 06:21 PM
The idiots those dont perform day in day out in series, and pose like world beaters after scoring 30 odd runs few times in a year are the criminals. Reasoning for losing a game for BAN and other top teams is no way same as those idiots come with. Top team struggle once in a few years against associate, whereas BAN struggle every other game against associate. Players in top team fail once in a few game, whereas BAN players perform once in a few game, complete opposite state in fact. There is the gulf of quality, yet the reasoning of their failure always the same as top team/players, to me its a shameless state of mind in fact.

:up::up::up:

Matribhasha
July 25, 2012, 09:41 PM
Not sure why people measure our success by win/loss ratio, or losses against teams like Ireland/Scotland. Just understand that we are a weak team, and use more simple indicators such as wins against top tier teams, in recent times, as a better gauge. You will find peace in your heart. If you ever thought that we would also be fast tracked into world beaters, then you only kid yourself. Look around and see the satet of things in our country, and re-calibrate your expectations. I enjoy our good days, and ignore the bad ones, and simply move on.

Gowza
July 25, 2012, 10:34 PM
our players need to learn to be more consistent, a good number of players in the team have the skills for top level cricket, they just need to develop their games and piece them together and find the right balance to improve their consistency. i'm not fussed about the scottish loss, associates always have a better chance to cause an upset in the t20 format, BD shouldn't have lost, but they shouldn't dwell on it, focus on winning the next game.

Habib
July 26, 2012, 08:52 AM
We have too many middle order batsmen but not enough lower order power hitter except for Zia. A middle order batsman like Nasir can't slog/ hit 6s from the get go which is crucial in the last few overs in T20s. I wish we had another pacer allrounder who is a bit better at slogging than Mash.

jeesh
July 26, 2012, 10:04 AM
Had a feeling this thread would start again, even before the match finished.

A lot of learning from the tour for Pybus and co. Bangladesh have a lot to do, lot to learn. 4 out of 6 is not an exactly terrific return against associates.

Naimul_Hd
July 26, 2012, 10:04 AM
Seems like luck has left us in Ireland.

Ireland 2-1 (last 2 win was a fluke)
Scotland 1-0
Netherlands 1-1

What a tour we had. So much of bragging of ourselves over associates.

Gowza
July 26, 2012, 10:05 AM
obviously didn't learn to much from the scotland loss. the bowlers did well this match though, just the batsmen didn't score enough.

shakibrulz
July 26, 2012, 10:10 AM
Poor tour overall. And truly bizarre going in with just once pacer in Netherland, seriously?

Jadukor
July 26, 2012, 10:13 AM
major issues with batting. the reserves are definitely not better than the current 11. who else do we have from the 30 probable?

Kabir
July 26, 2012, 10:13 AM
Here's the postmortem I'll write:

"We sucked, and sucked, and sucked."

Habib
July 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
major issues with batting. the reserves are definitely not better than the current 11. who else do we have from the 30 probable?

Roqibuuuuul :)

Crisis
July 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
:facepalm: No Mashrafe
:facepalm: No Ashraful
:facepalm: Junaid is a FAIL
:facepalm: Shakib has lost his performance streak after being rested. Eivabey choltey thakley koydin por team thekey baad deoa hobey.
:facepalm: Mushfiq performs when he feels like.
:facepalm: Nasir is a new FAIL. Can't play anymore. Another one who will get kicked out of the team soon.
:facepalm: Jahurul - Why the hell is a wel-known FAILure brought back in the team ?
:facepalm: Razzak batting parey na.
:facepalm: Richard Pybus sucks from what we have seen so far. Stuart Law er underey we were enjoying the golden moment of BD cricket.

Kabir
July 26, 2012, 10:15 AM
Roqibuuuuul :)

Considering that he will stylishly defend those full tosses and not throw away his wicket, yeah, I can see why he's an option.

simon
July 26, 2012, 10:15 AM
The fact that our batting suks in Tea20 is no myth(thya)

Habib
July 26, 2012, 10:16 AM
Lol. Suru hoise anti Pybus movement. He's still new FGS.

Habib
July 26, 2012, 10:17 AM
Considering that he will stylishly defend those full tosses and not throw away his wicket, yeah, I can see why he's an option.

To you and me, yes. But to the selectors, he could be our next pinch hitter.

Kabir
July 26, 2012, 10:19 AM
To you and me, yes. But to the selectors, he could be our next pinch hitter.

Okay lets not blame the selectors. They can only do so much. The team we had this series is really our best (barring Sir Ashraful). And if they still got through such shameful episodes, there's not much selectors can do to help.

Sohel
July 26, 2012, 10:21 AM
When a hit-or-miss, walking wicket like G.Ah scores important runs and our nami-dami "hiruj" dabba mare, what can we possibly expect from our bowlers? 128 is hard to defend against most Associate sides with T20I status, let alone Holland.

Habib
July 26, 2012, 10:23 AM
Okay lets not blame the selectors. They can only do so much. The team we had this series is really our best (barring Sir Ashraful). And if they still got through such shameful episodes, there's not much selectors can do to help.

True that. But surely choosing such an inexperienced player like Abul was a mistake? However, at the end of the day, this is our standard.

Mridul
July 26, 2012, 10:52 AM
This is the reality. Out starndard is close to the associate teams rather than the top teams. Out of 6 games we only won 2 games comfortably and lost 2. We could have lost the other 2 games too. Looking at our batting in this series, we cant compete with Top teams. We can only win if the Top teams choke. Our batting is consistantly inconsistant in all format of the game. We need quality batsmen who can perform in consistant basis.

Regarding our bowling, our spinners are top class. They can fight against any team in the world. However our pace bowling department is terrible. Associates have if not better similar pace bowlers than us.

Hasan2k8
July 26, 2012, 10:57 AM
Can't wait till world t20, next series agains test playing nation to start quick and pretend this never happened then can forget about this nightmare losses to ******* associate teams.

Naimul_Hd
July 26, 2012, 11:01 AM
BCB should form a committee to find out why such dismal performance against scottish and dutch.

Eshen
July 26, 2012, 11:15 AM
I think the answer is pretty simple - it's too easy for our players to become complacent and lose their heads.

Raynman
July 26, 2012, 11:23 AM
The last 5 T20s all had one thing in common: The team that wanted it more won.

Simple as that.

Now how do you teach players determination and pride on a consistant basis?

AsifTheManRahman
July 26, 2012, 11:24 AM
BCB should form a committee to find out why such dismal performance against scottish and dutch.
Committee diye ki hobe? This just proves that we're on par with the associates, maybe only slightly better, but even that's doubtful. Given how much we've struggled against associates across formats, it is really hard to justify our place in the elite and claim that we're any better than them.

One might claim that performance in the shorter formats is irrelevant when it comes to Test cricket, but it is through your performances in the shorter formats that you make it up the ladder and are given Test status. If we can't beat associates, we don't deserve the status.

We are worse than Zimbabwe and on par with the top associates. We might go on to beat New Zealand in the WC, but it will not take away the fact that we lose to associates regularly. Given the opportunity to play against top sides, I'm sure the associates would spring a surprise win or two - and maybe even a couple of surprise wins in a multinational tournament. So beating other Test sides once in a while doesn't mean we're better than Scotland.

Committee diye kicchu hobe na, the truth is that we're crap and this generation of players comprises a bunch of sissies who will never turn a corner, like many thought we had after the Asia Cup. The next batch, i.e. the U-19, looks even worse and will likely lose to Nepal 8 times out of 10. These players will continue to humiliate us until you, I, ODIs and Tests are dead.

AsifTheManRahman
July 26, 2012, 11:27 AM
I think the answer is pretty simple - it's too easy for our players to become complacent and lose their heads.

The last 5 T20s all had one thing in common: The team that wanted it more won.

Simple as that.

Now how do you teach players determination and pride on a consistant basis?
I don't understand where the complacency comes from when we clearly haven't firmly established superiority over lower ranked teams. Beat associates first, stop losing to them frequently, and then go get as complacent as you want. Before that, you're no less of a sissy than they are, probably more.

Actually, I give up, even sissy isn't a strong enough adjective.

playmaker
July 26, 2012, 11:27 AM
Im gonna say this again, nasir is not a T20 batsman. And Mushy, he is an ordinary batsman no question about that. 1 or 2 fluke innings wont make him a good batsman

jeesh
July 26, 2012, 11:32 AM
BCB probably wanted this tour to get 6 wins. They wanted our guys to get some confidence by bashing associate members. They also probably thought it was a chance to field different combinations, field newer guys like Zia and Sunny.

It kind of backfired. The tour shows despite all our so called development the associate countries are not far behind us. Not too long to go for T20 championship in Sri Lanka. But a lot of work to do

meazz1
July 26, 2012, 11:32 AM
BD players are fluke players, every now and than they are able to connect. There is one exception, that is Shakib.
There's no consistency in our players.
They always go thru bad patch. It's just the opposite of any other cricket playing nations. Others go thru tough time once in a while!

Rifat_02
July 26, 2012, 11:37 AM
Junaid Siddique c P Borren b Gruijters 0 1-1 ( 0.5 ov. )
Shakib Al Hasan b Swart 0 2-4 ( 1.4 ov. )
Mushfiqur Rahim (c)(wk) c M Bukhari b Swart 2 3-8 ( 3.1 ov. )

There is our problem as usual, we are 3 batsmen short. Shakib should go back to 5 me thinks

Zeeshan
July 26, 2012, 11:57 AM
They played on a slightly different pitch, toured and may have been jet-lagged, the spacing of matches in short time which they had to face after whitewashing Ireland.

M.H.Rubel
July 26, 2012, 11:58 AM
I think main problem is we are very weak in matches outside subcontinent.Our bats man and bowlers all sucks outside subcontinent.Our pacerrs are totally clueless outside subcontinent.Need to develop quality pacers.

meazz1
July 26, 2012, 12:47 PM
They played on a slightly different pitch, toured and may have been jet-lagged, the spacing of matches in short time which they had to face after whitewashing Ireland.

Jet lagged?
The time difference between Hague and Belfast is 1 hour.
Now if we blame this loss on a slightly different pitch than we should always play at home.

playmaker
July 26, 2012, 12:54 PM

Yet another lame excuse.

I dont see how the short spacing really matters. Its just T20s, not ODIs or tests. And if you perform 1 day underperform the other day you cannot be counted as world beaters

Habib
July 26, 2012, 01:00 PM
Yet another lame excuse.

I dont see how the short spacing really matters. Its just T20s, not ODIs or tests. And if you perform 1 day underperform the other day you cannot be counted as world beaters

We are not world beaters. Neither are most of the teams ranked ahead of us.

Tiger444
July 26, 2012, 01:52 PM
These results are going to continue to happen unless we improve our domestic infrastructure. Just look at the top level teams and compare to the lower level. The top level teams have a domestic setup which prepares their players a lot better then the lower level teams which is why you see their players being far more organized and not relying solely on natural talent.

Look at how we have finally started to decentralize our cricket. This should have happened at least 10 years back but we didn't even have FC cricket at that time. As long as our grass roots level stays the same, we won't reach our potential.

Kohli_Sox
July 26, 2012, 02:54 PM
About time we realize that we have to ride this roller coaster ride with our team; very unpredictable- one day we will win by big margin and the next day we can't win. This is what happening since a decade

BD Rox
July 26, 2012, 02:59 PM
About time we realize that we have to ride this roller coaster ride with our team; very unpredictable- one day we will win by big margin and the next day we can't win. This is what happening since a decade

https://www.facebook.com/bengaliproblems
Proud to be a Bangladeshi.:):flag:

BANFAN
July 26, 2012, 03:01 PM
We are at per with the associates or may be a little ahead of them at this point.

But our ignorant cricket base even makes it worse and we cant even achieve upto full potential, while the associates are able to extract more than their actual capacity.

Ajfar
July 26, 2012, 03:31 PM
There is our problem as usual, we are 3 batsmen short. Shakib should go back to 5 me thinks

I'm starting to think so too. It seemed like a good idea at first since it was working, but now that I think about it I think it's probably best he bats at 4/5 like he used to. I think on days when we are chasing a big total say 170-180+, those days we have to bring him up because no point saving for late if we fall too behind on runrate, but when you are batting first and need to post a big total Shakib can play a huge role accelerating in the middle or later part of the game. He is our trump card, coach might have to shift him around based on situation.

Fazal
July 26, 2012, 03:57 PM
Loss-er abar post mortem ki?

Just put it in the grave without Janaja and wash your hand as if it never happened. Ofcourse this is from bhukto boghi fan's perspective.

al Furqaan
July 26, 2012, 07:07 PM
Committee diye ki hobe? This just proves that we're on par with the associates, maybe only slightly better, but even that's doubtful. Given how much we've struggled against associates across formats, it is really hard to justify our place in the elite and claim that we're any better than them.

One might claim that performance in the shorter formats is irrelevant when it comes to Test cricket, but it is through your performances in the shorter formats that you make it up the ladder and are given Test status. If we can't beat associates, we don't deserve the status.

We are worse than Zimbabwe and on par with the top associates. We might go on to beat New Zealand in the WC, but it will not take away the fact that we lose to associates regularly. Given the opportunity to play against top sides, I'm sure the associates would spring a surprise win or two - and maybe even a couple of surprise wins in a multinational tournament. So beating other Test sides once in a while doesn't mean we're better than Scotland.

Committee diye kicchu hobe na, the truth is that we're crap and this generation of players comprises a bunch of sissies who will never turn a corner, like many thought we had after the Asia Cup. The next batch, i.e. the U-19, looks even worse and will likely lose to Nepal 8 times out of 10. These players will continue to humiliate us until you, I, ODIs and Tests are dead.

On the contrary, I think this proves that this format - while replete with its own set of skills - is as close to a lottery as anything in cricket apart from the coin toss. Beating Ireland by 71 runs, closing them out 3-0, and then losing 2/3 against Scotland and Netherlands proves that.

Personally, I don't get my panties in a knot about this format partly because we suck at it, and partly because I just don't like it compared to the longer two.

Its too knee jerk to say we're worse than Zim (beaten 3 out of the last 4 times we played them across formats, apart from numerous 4-1 thrashings) and top associates (beaten IRE 3-0 on their own turf).

I might be wrong, but I would like to think we didn't go all out in the last 3 games as they were tune ups before the main event. Thats not to say that I expect us to progress to the knock stages of the WC, but I think we're reading a little too much into the nature of these warm-ups.

Just to drive the point home, the WC isn't even on my mental calendar. Will I watch it? Sure. But as far as I'm concerned our next fixtures are the A team 4-dayer in India tonight, the U-19 world cup where I expect them to at least make the QFs stage before choking, and the 1st test at home against Gayle and the Windies. Twenty20 abar kee jeenish?

Roni_uk
July 26, 2012, 07:17 PM
meh - its only an associate. As long as we keep winning against the BIG ones I am happy ;)

zainab
July 27, 2012, 06:17 AM
BD has to win against the Associates more often, seems that they do not take these matches seriously, or they under estimate their opponents and they do not play at their best, but something is seriously lacking.
Hope that their new coach realize that they are the weakest full member team in 20/20s and try his best to improve their performance.

Raynman
July 27, 2012, 10:46 AM
On the contrary, I think this proves that this format - while replete with its own set of skills - is as close to a lottery as anything in cricket apart from the coin toss. Beating Ireland by 71 runs, closing them out 3-0, and then losing 2/3 against Scotland and Netherlands proves that.

Personally, I don't get my panties in a knot about this format partly because we suck at it, and partly because I just don't like it compared to the longer two.

Its too knee jerk to say we're worse than Zim (beaten 3 out of the last 4 times we played them across formats, apart from numerous 4-1 thrashings) and top associates (beaten IRE 3-0 on their own turf).

I might be wrong, but I would like to think we didn't go all out in the last 3 games as they were tune ups before the main event. Thats not to say that I expect us to progress to the knock stages of the WC, but I think we're reading a little too much into the nature of these warm-ups.

Just to drive the point home, the WC isn't even on my mental calendar. Will I watch it? Sure. But as far as I'm concerned our next fixtures are the A team 4-dayer in India tonight, the U-19 world cup where I expect them to at least make the QFs stage before choking, and the 1st test at home against Gayle and the Windies. Twenty20 abar kee jeenish?

Twenty20 hoche sey jeenish that is funding your precious test cricket to remain alive.

AsifTheManRahman
July 27, 2012, 11:05 AM
Warm ups or not, T20s or not, these are international games and if wearing the Bangladeshi jersey isn't enough motivation for them to bring their A game, then kick them out of the team. Your job is to win - not to slack off. Probationary contracts and monetary penalties are the only ways to deal with these sissies.

SS
July 27, 2012, 12:08 PM
Warm ups or not, T20s or not, these are international games and if wearing the Bangladeshi jersey isn't enough motivation for them to bring their A game, then kick them out of the team. Your job is to win - not to slack off. Probationary contracts and monetary penalties are the only ways to deal with these sissies.

Too much penalties might impact our players mental state and also physical strength for upcoming WC Series. Sir Ash thinking about tieing knot so he can be exempt. so does TIK for scoring two 50s, he can have few smokes once in a while, our former #1 can do some more ADs meanwhile, our captain can go to better hair stylist, our notun Jamai babus should also be relieved as they need more time with their notun bou. So please have some mercy for these innonect tigers

AsifTheManRahman
July 27, 2012, 12:40 PM
innonect tigers
Innocent pussy cats.

KaaL-PurusH
July 27, 2012, 12:42 PM
We lack hunger, temperament & willingness to excel

KaaL-PurusH
July 27, 2012, 12:44 PM
Innocent pussy cats.

nare vai..ora tiger e..kintu circus er:facepalm:

playmaker
July 27, 2012, 12:46 PM
Innocent pussy cats.

they are bager bachcha, literally

They are a long way from maturing into baghs

AMD128
July 27, 2012, 01:39 PM
Guys, We're still not properly acclimatised to T20. We just got onto the rankings a few days ago. Anyway, As the Thread title says. Our top-order batting was woeful. Openers failed to give us a good head start. No doubt about that. It was our bowlers who won us the last 2 games against Irish. Junaid was given a 2 chances. He couldn't capitalize on that. Personally, I'd still prefer ASH over Junaid anyday. Only because Ash has got more shots under his belt.

Tipu606
July 30, 2012, 12:03 AM
Our bowling never looked threatening except those overs by Sunny in the first 2 matches.. We need quality pacers.. Spinners can't do the job in a flat pitch..
we need fast bowlers who can bowl inswingers and yorkers

Jadukor
July 30, 2012, 11:14 PM
So what's next before the t-20 WC. Do we have any other practice matches?