PDA

View Full Version : Support 'Come back of Rafique'

syedmahm
March 16, 2004, 02:12 PM
Is there anyone support come back of Rafique? Did we forget his all out performence??

Zobair
March 16, 2004, 02:18 PM
There is no witch hunt going on for anything, and indications are so far that Rafique is not the subject of some conspiracy. There is going to an inquiry into the incident. No one is denying his contributions. Let us not forget that this is his duty after all...his job...he gets paid for it...and he is not above the law. If he is innocent of the charges then he will be ok in my opinion. If he is not he may be chastised. But I don't think it will be the end of his career. So lets all chill and hope that such incidents do not happen in the future.

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by pompous]

Mahmood
March 16, 2004, 02:22 PM
We all want Rafiq.

In fact, BD team needs Rafiq. He is our best bowler.

Let us hope whatever happened will be resolved nicely and Rafiq wont miss any more match because of this. Also, let us pray these kind of incidents never happen to us again.

In a weak team like us, having only 2 world class players, this really hurts us, the fans.

SS
March 16, 2004, 03:29 PM
if Rafiq comes back and becomes more mature..and also Masrafee..and our openning prob solved and in middle order becomes like Tendu...in 2007 we can win agnst Zimb and may be Sri lanka and Kenya...We need all of them and should train them for the future.

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by SS]

acbizz
March 16, 2004, 04:07 PM
Hey If Pot Smokers Warneeii can come back, why can't Rafiq ?

Just drop him for the next 1/2 ODI. That should be the maximum punishment we can tolerate
:drool:

SS
March 16, 2004, 04:28 PM
Rafique wont come back if you drop him..he is not even talking to the media..i am doubtful that he will ever return..He is emotional.

Nascer
March 16, 2004, 05:03 PM
[Edited on 6-9-2004 by Nascer]

AsifTheManRahman
March 16, 2004, 05:22 PM
Getting Rafique back would be wonderful...
I dont think anything has happened that should ban him for the rest of his life...i mean come on...he didnt kill anyone...
but if what the papers say abt him is true, then he should be punished, but not for long...maybe a match or two or maybe fined or sth...thats upto the BCB

Tokai
March 16, 2004, 05:50 PM
i think we should talk about staying of rafique, not coming back. he is not gone, why the question of coming back?

there is only two possible reason for rafique's outbrast i can think of, considering he actually did it:

* he thought really high of himself because of his past success. and became really arrogant (a 180 digree reverse of character?). he could not tolarate sumon taking rana to price.
* second, he expected the captency, and is mad on sumon for that.

i don't know what he said, but I'm sure those cursings was not as bad as those used by our MPs. we let them run our country, and won't let rafique play?

AsifTheManRahman
March 16, 2004, 06:40 PM
Everyone's missing an important point here...just because Warne is allowed to play and the MP's are allowed to rule doesnt mean that we have to follow that in Rafique's case...
and another thing is that Warne was punished before he was allowed to play again...so why shouldnt rafique be punished if proved guilty?

it doesnt have to be a one yr ban or anything...a match or two or a small fine or making him apologise would be enough

Zephaniah
March 16, 2004, 07:34 PM
how about a month ban?...so he could still play in WI tour and have a permanent deciplinary record which would be a good example for others! And no need of this fuss, he's not gonna retire. He makes a living out of cricket and fully aware that he can still play few more years. Most of you guys must be student or something, so failed to realise the simple fact that he wont retire . Hence no question of coming back!

reinausagi
March 16, 2004, 09:22 PM
Rafique is universally held in high regard. What ever 'incident' which took place will eventually be ironed out by the team and management.

Rafique will be back, as will Masri, and with the introduction of Shahadat (hopefully), Bangladesh will start to string together some victories.:flag:

rassel
March 16, 2004, 10:37 PM
If he doesn't come back our first test victory will be very hard to come by unless another rafique emerge in the next few years. He started it all and he will finish it all by given us our maiden test victory.

syedmahm
March 17, 2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Rajputro
We all want Rafiq.

In fact, BD team needs Rafiq. He is our best bowler.

Let us hope whatever happened will be resolved nicely and Rafiq wont miss any more match because of this. Also, let us pray these kind of incidents never happen to us again.

In a weak team like us, having only 2 world class players, this really hurts us, the fans.

Strongly agree

syedmahm
March 17, 2004, 02:30 AM
Why dont BCCB and Rafique, Manjurul, Sumon seat together to compromise to each other. BCCB should make them to realise everyone's importance for BD team and also to think about the nation. We must want them to play for our nation as a team. So, suspension of a player for long is not a solution.

syedmahm
March 17, 2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Zephaniah
how about a month ban?...so he could still play in WI tour and have a permanent deciplinary record which would be a good example for others! And no need of this fuss, he's not gonna retire. He makes a living out of cricket and fully aware that he can still play few more years. Most of you guys must be student or something, so failed to realise the simple fact that he wont retire . Hence no question of coming back!

If there will be any kind of ban, then usually it will be about some number of matches. Suspension for a time being is not practiced much in usual cases. so, it would be best to suspend him for few ODIs highly.

shaheen
March 17, 2004, 03:21 AM
I was wondering that everyone is assuming that Rafique is the one who is responsible for the incidence. What is the role of Captain as well as Manager of the team. From various reports we knew that the incidence started in the field during during the match practice. Why Sumon as the Captain failed to keep rafique calm down? Shumon should settle the matter in the field rather then taking the matter to the dressing room. As a Captain it was his duty to settle the problem on the spot. And this is a great failure of Shumon as a Captain.

wang
March 17, 2004, 04:20 AM
IMO Rafique is the best left arm spinner in the world at the moment. His unavailability would be a huge loss.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by wang]

syedmahm
March 17, 2004, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by shaheen
I was wondering that everyone is assuming that Rafique is the one who is responsible for the incidence. What is the role of Captain as well as Manager of the team. From various reports we knew that the incidence started in the field during during the match practice. Why Sumon as the Captain failed to keep rafique calm down? Shumon should settle the matter in the field rather then taking the matter to the dressing room. As a Captain it was his duty to settle the problem on the spot. And this is a great failure of Shumon as a Captain.

James90
March 17, 2004, 06:49 AM
What's the big deal? What exactly did Rafique do just get upset?? What's the big deal. It shouldn't matter too much if he called Sumon every Bangla swear word ever created, Sumon should be used to it by now, they've got to act like men and sort it out!

oracle
March 17, 2004, 08:52 AM
I was wondering that everyone is assuming that Rafique is the one who is responsible for the incidence.

Yes, I am waiting to get the other half of the story.

Tokai
March 17, 2004, 12:34 PM
me too.

say
March 17, 2004, 01:16 PM
This is a big concern. This whole business of getting mad at your team-mate, not sorting out the differences or the team management 'punishing' a player - reminds me of teams with terrible team management. I hope our players learn how to be professionals.

They are not in Kansas anymore.

Zobair
March 17, 2004, 02:41 PM
yeah let us not assume any guilt just yet...but one thing that bugs me is Whatmore is a pretty cool guy...doesn't get miffed too easily...he was a big part of the decision too...

reverse_swing
March 17, 2004, 03:12 PM
Rafique dominates a Rafique-less return

When the Bangladesh team returned home from Zimbabwe on Wednesday, it was a joyous and at the same time uneasy moment for the cricketers who earned a precious victory after long time in the tour but came back short of a winning hero.
Md Rafique, a major protagonist of the team made his way back home two days earlier after he was found guilty, initially, for an involvement in a tussle with skipper Habibul Bashar and fellow left-arm spinner Manjarul Islam.
It was a stain on an otherwise successful month-long tour where Bangladesh won a one-dayer and was tantalisingly close to a series victory. Bangladesh also put up a commendable performance in the lone Test match which survived the rain, though they lost it.
The incident involving Rafique preoccupied the team right from the airport to their respective homes where they received a lot of curious calls from reporters, fans and well-wishers trying to unravel the truth.
However, everybody kept mum after strict orders from coach Dav Whatmore. The Sri Lankan born Australian coach himself was also reluctant to say anything about the issue.
“You can ask me a lot about it but will not get anything out,” Whatmore told inquisitive reporters at the airport.
Skipper Habibul Bashar, who was also a part of the squabble, said that the incident had made him upset but refused to elaborate on it.
“What happened was painful for me. But you see it was a long tour and many things can happen,” said an otherwise happy skipper.
Habibul further said that he will only give his version about the incident to the BCB disciplinary committee when they convene the hearing on Thursday.
BCB, meanwhile, in a press release said that a decision on the issue would be taken within 24 hours after getting all necessary evidence.
Bangladesh coach Dav Whatmore is expected to be present during the hearing.
The Cricketers left the controversial issue behind for a moment when coach Dav Whatmore celebrated his 50th birthday, slicing a cake. Talking about the tour, Whatmore said he was upset for not making it a series victory in the one-dayers despite being in an advantageous position.
“I am upset. We not only missed a series victory, it could have been 3-0 in our favour had the luck stayed our way.”
Whatmore, however, said that the series will leave a very positive impact on the young cricketers who will never give up hopes of victory in the near future. Asked about his latest experiment for the opening slot, Whatmore said, “yes, we experimented a lot with the slot. But you have to admit at least one clicked.”
Whatmore further defended skipper Habibul Bashar who was very inconsistent in the tour, saying it would be unfair to Habibul if someone raised their fingers only to him. “Everybody makes a few mistakes in the tour and we are trying to rectify it.”
Habibul admitted that he felt some pressure while leading the national team for the first time in his career. “You all know cricket is a mental game and everybody must face up to that pressure,” the skipper put in a brief note.
-NewAge (http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html)

Rubu
March 17, 2004, 04:18 PM
rafique is facing the deceplinary board today. hope everything will ended up all right.

syedmahm
March 18, 2004, 09:49 AM
pls check the following link for detail:

http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=6836&iCategoryID=1

Nasif
March 18, 2004, 09:57 AM
"Snake is coming out while digging for earthworm!" (literal translation of the situation)

I wonder what will happen.

say
March 18, 2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by nasif
"Snake is coming out while digging for earthworm!" (literal translation of the situation)

:P haven't heard that expression in a long time.. Kecho Khurtey Shhap!!

Rubu
March 18, 2004, 11:03 AM
i've a feeling that rafique has to pay bad for this. even though he might have reasons for his outbrust. what the hell is going on inside our team?

acbizz
March 18, 2004, 02:50 PM
anyone missing Captain Sujon ?

Kalbaisakhi
March 19, 2004, 06:48 AM
I think Rafiq Should punish for that. Because if he dont get any punish ment than any other player will do it again in next tours which will not goood for both BD and bdplayer.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

reinausagi
March 19, 2004, 04:40 PM
anyone missing Captain Sujon ?

No, not really. We seem to have hit a bad patch with captaincy since attaining tests status. Naimur and Mahmud struggled with their form, Pilot with his ego-centrism and now with Bashar being to meek (too much of a nice guy). Where did all our gentleman-captains (Shamim Kabir, Shafiqul Hoq Heera) go?

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 19, 2004, 04:47 PM
i think bangladesh doler best captain chilo Akram Khan. tar odhinayokottai kintu amra prothom barer moton bishhokap cricket khelar ticket pai. ebong shai khan thekai kintu muloto amader cricket ar mul jatra shuru hoi. echarao akram kintu captain howar por form haranni. tini shob shomoy bhalo batting korechilen. doler bipode shokto hate hal dhorechilen. tar batting shob shomoy bhalo lagto amar. motamoti hard hitting chilen kintu tini. dannabad.

syedmahm
March 22, 2004, 02:49 AM
Pls check this link

http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=6876&iCategoryID=1

syedmahm
March 22, 2004, 07:51 AM
pls check this:

http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=6893&iCategoryID=1

Rubu
March 22, 2004, 05:44 PM
somewhere "pagol-chagol" adequetely put, "......so the management costed us the series......."

looks like pagol-chagol talks more sober than us!