PDA

View Full Version : Should Shakib be brought back as captain?

shuziburo
July 24, 2012, 05:36 PM
He made mistakes, but he was willing to use his head and try new things. Mushfiqur seems to be going through the motons. Can BCB be big enough to reinstate Shakib?

cricheart
July 24, 2012, 05:55 PM
LOL, a new thread to call for a revolution, along with a Mushy bashing ongoing thread for losing aT20 match against Scotland.
I'll just categorize this as "Shubidhabadi" thread to integrate BCB's power in question. BC fanz wont get that insane to fall for this to change captain before WC, and bring back a sacked one overtaking vice-captain.

BANFAN
July 24, 2012, 06:09 PM
There is no reason for doing that.... Mushy is still the best choice

oronnya
July 24, 2012, 06:23 PM
The end result will b same...

oronnya
July 24, 2012, 06:24 PM
LOL, a new thread to call for a revolution, along with a Mushy bashing ongoing thread for losing aT20 match against Scotland.
I'll just categorize this as "Shubidhabadi" thread to integrate BCB's power in question. BC fanz wont get that insane to fall for this to change captain before WC, and bring back a sacked one overtaking vice-captain.

Same happened whn Shakib was off form ... N the story continues...

22Yards
July 24, 2012, 06:26 PM
I have always said this and will continue to say this, given the bangladesh team as of now Shakib is the born leader. Mushfiqs lack of form at times as a player makes his own position up for grabs. Let alone the blunders he makes on the field. However, I do not feel we should give the captaincy to him but feel at some point later in career (when Bangladesh will be finally out from these fluke wins saga and register herself as a formidable opponent bringing the ratio down to 50/50 against just any top ranked team) should he take over. Not just yet.

AMD128
July 24, 2012, 06:48 PM
I prefer Shakib as non-captain. While he was the Captain. There was a birth of Controversy now & then. Anyways, Mushy's captaincy is somewhat good. Sometimes it's horrible. But some help from the coach & players themselves can hopefully rectify those.

KaaL-PurusH
July 24, 2012, 07:11 PM
There is no reason for doing that.... Mushy is still the best choice

I think he's safest choice not best

wasi90lkv1
July 24, 2012, 07:31 PM
keep mushfiqur as the captain. he did alright so far.

we won a t20 against west indies, an ODI against west indies, drew a test against west indies (which we almost won).

we did superb at the ASIA CUP.

we beat south africa in unofficial t20.

we beat ireland 3-0.

all these happened under mushfiqur's captaincy. there is no need to sack him just yet.

zahidnyc
July 24, 2012, 08:32 PM
why not give chance to mahmudullah , i mean he definitely deserve a chance , he is senior and older than everyone except razzak , so player will definitely show him some respect , and he is look best and good choice for the next captaincy , and his recent bowling performance makes him the best contender for next captaincy

kawsar
July 24, 2012, 08:42 PM
Thank God your not BCB president! Otherwise you'd make new captain everytime the current captain is out of sword a little...so when Shakib gets out of form whose next? Bring Ash back as captain is it lol

Mushys doing just fine as a captain, yes sometimes his batting is unreliable but you can't say his not a good captain ...

Max100
July 24, 2012, 09:40 PM
Lol. Shakib is good as a player. Mushy is good captain

reyme
July 24, 2012, 09:54 PM
If mushy is not doing well as a captain, the coaches must take their fair share of blame. Mushy is definitely struggling as a captain. His bowling rotation is substandard and he lacks innovation worse yet keeps making blunders. The coaches need to sit with Mushy and improve the gameplan and pay attention regarding captaincy. This one area definitely needs to be looked into by the coaching staff.

playmaker
July 24, 2012, 09:59 PM
well it would be a questionnable decision. But at present we have a captain who's performed poorly and if he is the one to lead the team then there will be some element of negativity because he is playing regardless of performing

shakibrulz
July 24, 2012, 10:17 PM
No. Mushy's fine. Knee jerk thread.

shakibrulz
July 24, 2012, 10:19 PM
I agree the bowling changes were crap though. Mahmudullah had 1 over, and Sunny had 2 overs remaining. He didn't even try out Zia for a change.

roman
July 24, 2012, 10:21 PM
No. Simply because Shak is the best thing we have. I really don't want to add extra pressure on him. Let him play without the hassle of captaincy. Besides, Mushy deserves some time

Sauron
July 24, 2012, 10:31 PM
Just one T20 loss and questions on Mushy as captain??!! Fickle, we are ... :)
This has been a good learning tour for us so far.

One thumping win, two fighting wins and one where we got upstaged unexpectedly.

Granted, a win is a win is a win. But with WC in mind, this is a great prep so far. Gained us confidence and then brought back us to earth so we don't get over-confident.

This same set of players need to continue. The only two who may be replaced for WC squad (IMHO) are Ash and Abul.

Stop this nonsense about captaincy change.

BANFAN
July 24, 2012, 10:42 PM
Just one T20 loss and questions on Mushy as captain??!! Fickle, we are ... :)
This has been a good learning tour for us so far.

One thumping win, two fighting wins and one where we got upstaged unexpectedly.

Granted, a win is a win is a win. But with WC in mind, this is a great prep so far. Gained us confidence and then brought back us to earth so we don't get over-confident.

This same set of players need to continue. The only two who may be replaced for WC squad (IMHO) are Ash and Abul.

Stop this nonsense about captaincy change.

Agree 100% ... Couldn't have said it more bluntly than this....

Why the hell, we win matches even if Ash plays a 90-100 SR innings in T20 and why the hell we lose when he has an off day?? This is really un acceptable, he should be dropped immediately. We need all CHOKKA-or-FOKKA type players in T20 team, the game is as such..

Tipu606
July 24, 2012, 10:43 PM
what is the function of the coach when the match is going on the field?he should be watching the game and advising through the drinks interval or "strategic time out" period which bowler will be the most suitable at that stage of the game ,so we should not blame Mushy alone for the Scotland T20 match debacle

Sauron
July 24, 2012, 11:01 PM
Agree 100% ... Couldn't have said it more bluntly than this....

Why the hell, we win matches even if Ash plays a 90-100 SR innings in T20 and why the hell we lose when he has an off day?? This is really un acceptable, he should be dropped immediately. We need all CHOKKA-or-FOKKA type players in T20 team, the game is as such..

Took me a while to realize the sarcastic undercurrent - you hid it well.

To be honest - Ash is useful as an anchor so far - but I feel that Junaid or SN will do a bit better in Ash's place. Ash is trying to be consistent - but his game is played for himself, not for the team - that's been my gut feel watching him playing in this series.

Tigers_eye
July 24, 2012, 11:01 PM
ki hoisey? Ami khela dekhi nai. Mushi ki catch drop korsey?

Sauron
July 24, 2012, 11:06 PM
ki hoisey? Ami khela dekhi nai. Mushi ki catch drop korsey?

Nah. Mushy dol ke jittey dey nai. Kamne ki korlo, keu janena. Kintu shob dosh Mushy'r

Tigers_eye
July 24, 2012, 11:09 PM
Nah. Mushy dol ke jittey dey nai. Kamne ki korlo, keu janena. Kintu shob dosh Mushy'r
oh!! Knee jerk? bujjhi.

Zunaid
July 24, 2012, 11:33 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/mba0433l.jpg

crikss
July 24, 2012, 11:34 PM
Mushy is still the best. I think he take too much pressure on him which is badly affecting his batting form

Sauron
July 24, 2012, 11:38 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/mba0433l.jpg

Thank God the number of chairs at that table is limited. Otherwise a lot of folks would successfully get membership

kiwibd
July 24, 2012, 11:53 PM
You guys are funny, another loss and I think, should richard pybus be fired thread will be coming out, I guess this is the best day for the undercover mushy haters to come out. However the funny thing will be when mushy is winning us games in the near future, they will be calling him the best captain in our history.

shuridh
July 25, 2012, 12:01 AM
shakib is the best performing captain of bd.
but i don't want him captain again and i also think shakib won't agree.
i think shakib don't forget how despite being highest run scorer in zim series bcb and some crazy fans makes him bolir patha.
he does not forget how some people make him villen.
it is us who don't give him chance,don't understand him,makes him villen.creat so much pressure for him.
now pleas leave this man alone.

don't change captain regularly give him some chance
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

simon
July 25, 2012, 02:35 AM
Mushy has built up a much better team spirit than Sakib or even Bashar.
No way I would like to see Sak as a captain so early after getting sacked.
Would hope Mushy stays as a captain for atleast another year or two according to his performance and teams performance under him.
But Sakib could bebrought back in future if needed.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Sohel
July 25, 2012, 02:48 AM
He made mistakes, but he was willing to use his head and try new things. Mushfiqur seems to be going through the motons. Can BCB be big enough to reinstate Shakib?

I agree 100%. His HaBa-esque brain freezes are dangerous and will lose us games. Shakib was and will again be a far superior field captain for sure.

That being said, Mit'hu is apparently amazing in and out of the locker room. He's personable, easy to talk to , easy to follow and good for team morale (unless you're Nazmul).

I've said it before and I'll say it gain, maybe we should at least informally institute some sort of co captaincy whereby each plays a particular role. Works beautifully well in Ice Hockey, Lacrosse and American Football.

Naimul_Hd
July 25, 2012, 02:59 AM
I quote Gautam Gambhir's response after winning IPL

'A captain is as good as his team' !

shakibrulz
July 25, 2012, 03:13 AM
^Sure, although you could make optimum use of existing resources, which is the whole point of captaincy. Which Mushy should do.

Maysun
July 25, 2012, 03:16 AM
Nope. Mushy should be given a run for at least 4/5 years or till the next WC.

frd
July 25, 2012, 03:32 AM
why shouldnt we have SIR ASH as captain ?? he is -
1)innovative ,
2)bold ,
3)acted in a drama with PROVA ,
4)danced with "momtaz mix" ,
5)served hilsa to sachin,
6)running a restaurant and many more things you cant expect from a normal cricketer !!

KaaL-PurusH
July 25, 2012, 03:44 AM
let him shine without anymore extra burden

playmaker
July 25, 2012, 04:14 AM
This thread is a prologue to a series of thread Saying: "Fire Pybus" "Pybus nee bypass" "BD should bypass Pybus" etc.

Mushy might do stupid things but captains around the world do the same. Look at Dhoni, he makes some absolute stupid bowling changes. Its mushy's place in the team worries me

Sauron
July 25, 2012, 11:51 AM
Shuziburo, may be Tamim should be captain now, since he scored more than Mushy today???

z777
July 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
Mushy is great!

playmaker
July 25, 2012, 12:02 PM
i still dont understand why sunny bowled so few overs :smh:

Sauron
July 25, 2012, 12:07 PM
i still dont understand why sunny bowled so few overs :smh:

When you understand, please come back and enlighten us.
Double guessing and arm-chair captaining seems to be best strengths for most of us ...

Tiger444
July 25, 2012, 12:17 PM
Shakib has said that he still makes a lot of the decisions on the field. So he does have power in the team. I'll admit that I didn't want Mushy as captain at 1st but he's been a good leader I believe. He's a very hard worker and brings the team together well. Just needs to do a better job being more consistent with the bat but other then that he's fine.

F6_Turbo
July 25, 2012, 02:09 PM
No.

Leave him be...he has enough on his plate as it is - his bowling for one!