PDA

View Full Version : From the Zimbabwe Herald: Bangladesh cricket tour leaves more questions than answers

Zunaid
March 16, 2004, 04:02 PM
Bangladesh cricket tour leaves more questions than answers

By Lawrence Moyo
THE Bangladesh tour of Zimbabwe has left more questions than answers on the state of local cricket ahead of much tougher assignments against Sri Lanka and world champions Australia over the next three months.

The full article (http://www.herald.co.zw/index.php?id=29979&pubdate=2004-03-16)

reinausagi
March 16, 2004, 10:11 PM
Where's the confusion? In the next meeting of these two teams, in two years, Bangladesh will not only be the favorites on paper but will prove it on the feild. While Nafees, Enamul Jr., Faisal and Shahadat are in the pipeline to upgrade the Bangladeshi team, the Zimbos have yet to replace their two retirees and two exiles.

kkakash
March 16, 2004, 10:48 PM
I realize that i expectation was only a game or two. Of course we did, but never the less the way we collapesed in batting is still our problem. For reason beyond me, i do not understand if this is a curse or not but this type of batting colapse must come to end.

i hope all of you agree. I feel strongly that when our batting does better we will win. i think right now we have a capable fielding, and bowling. The batting department is still lacking. :(

Tehsin
March 17, 2004, 12:27 AM
kkakash ... as you said, our batting is our main concern. Our bowling may not be world class (apart from Masri and Rafique) but it gets by well at times, specially against a weaker team like Zimbabwe.

Fortunately, we have the talent but not the performances to back it up. The better players are sometimes doing worse then mediocres or has beens. We can't even hide behind "experience" (well, we haven't in a while). Take Rana for example, what experience does he have ? He is a rookie and yet he has performed admirebly well. Why can't the others do it ?

To tell you the truth, I am not too worried about it. Sooner or later, they will all be like rana or Rajin (love his tenacity) or even like shujon (in every 10-15 games *wink*), who had his back to the wall after one bad performance after another. We have Alok and Rokon with their backs to the wall now, they ae young and talented - have faith in these kids.

AsifTheManRahman
March 17, 2004, 12:51 AM
Rokons not young...hes a buira

Tehsin
March 17, 2004, 09:40 AM
true ... but he is still way under 30. Sometimes I make the mistake of going by their birth certificate. :)

Rafique's daughter goes to seventh grade, that makes her 12-13 ? Wow. He is supposed to be 34. The math adds up but still, wow.