PDA

View Full Version : Which would you rather have?

al Furqaan
July 26, 2012, 07:26 PM
Assuming we live in a world where you can't have everything you want...which would you rather have amongst a not so good team?

Night_wolf
July 26, 2012, 07:37 PM
other: Regular win vs top sides+ upset loses to associates..but yeah we live in a real world and now i am sure i cant have it

Sauron
July 26, 2012, 08:12 PM
one of the rare polls that make sense. Hope this makes our armchair captains and coaches stop and think for a few minutes

Jadukor
July 26, 2012, 09:45 PM
I don't think it's much of a poll really. The way it is framed no one will choose option 2 and 3.

Consider the following skill spectrums:
i) Always beaten by Associates --- Occassionally beaten by Associates --- Rarely beaten by Associates --- Never beaten by Associates
ii) Never win against Top sides --- Rarely win against Top Sides --- Occasionally win against Top Sides--- Always win against Top Sides (the ultimate team)

in theory:
there should be an overlap between spectrum i & ii at some point. For example when a team reaches "Rarely beaten by associates" level... it should also imply at the minimum that team is also at "Rarely win against Top Sides".

SMHasan
July 27, 2012, 10:14 AM
I don't think it's much of a poll really. The way it is framed no one will choose option 2 and 3.

Consider the following skill spectrums:
i) Always beaten by Associates --- Occassionally beaten by Associates --- Rarely beaten by Associates --- Never beaten by Associates
ii) Never win against Top sides --- Rarely win against Top Sides --- Occasionally win against Top Sides--- Always win against Top Sides (the ultimate team)

in theory:
there should be an overlap between spectrum i & ii at some point. For example when a team reaches "Rarely beaten by associates" level... it should also imply at the minimum that team is also at "Rarely win against Top Sides".

Wizard, well said.

I can't choose option 2 or 3. But at the same time we can't let associates beat us regularly and we always want to do better against top sides. I would say lets beat associates always with good dominance and beat top sides more often. Sports i.e cricket is not about compensate, rather it's about maximizing the potentials.

Naimul_Hd
July 27, 2012, 10:20 AM
Always beating associates + Occasional/ regular win against top teams (mix of 1/2)

AsifTheManRahman
July 27, 2012, 10:45 AM
Always beat everyone. Eishob rather/father bujhi na.

roman
July 27, 2012, 11:05 AM
Etto kisu bujhi na I want us to be at number 7 in all formats..defeat is always sour, but it really hurts when it comes from associates..

KaaL-PurusH
July 27, 2012, 12:46 PM
amar mone sahra kufa ;p

Tiger444
July 27, 2012, 12:54 PM
Always beat everyone. Eishob rather/father bujhi na.

Couldn't have said it any better.

deshimon
July 27, 2012, 01:56 PM
Always win associates and regular win Against top side.

simon
July 27, 2012, 02:11 PM
I will take "always beat India & PAkistan & always lose to the rest of the world" anyday

Gowza
July 30, 2012, 02:30 AM
the top one of course, but to make the scenario a bit more palatable i will imagine that when we lose to the associates it's because we've rested all our good players.

ahnaf
July 30, 2012, 04:09 AM
other: Regular win vs top sides+ upset loses to associates..but yeah we live in a real world and now i am sure i cant have it

+111111

Mauryan
July 30, 2012, 07:02 AM
3rd one for the moment in that way no one will question our 9th ranking and we're not really expected to beat top sides if we do its an upset so loosing to top sides doesn't hurt but loosing to associates is a real shame
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Leafs PWN
July 30, 2012, 11:01 AM
I don't see the point of option 2 with option 3 being present.

Raynman
July 30, 2012, 11:44 AM
I just want a solid effort day in, day out that is true to the talent and the results will come.

I want the team to want to win and play to win. Not anticipate a loss to a better opponent or expect the game to be handed to them by the weaker ones even before the match starts.

I want team goals, players playing to the situation (not just playing for individual stats) and playing to win. I can live with a big loss with an attempt to win but I can't deal with a premeditated respectable loss.

Rifat
July 31, 2012, 06:27 AM
I am probably one of the few people here who is happy with the overall team progress, to be honest with you, loss to Scotlands and Dutch is not really surprising especially in T20, what's more important is that our boys do not let these losses make the better of them.

Rifat
July 31, 2012, 06:32 AM
Consider: 3 of our last 6 matches(T20) we played were nail biters...in T20 nail biters are more common that ODI's.

Sohel
July 31, 2012, 06:50 AM
http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/6/dfdedb21a468bdd23c4d5ce2f68188bd/l.jpg

I want my cake and eat it too. I don't see why we couldn't beat the T8 teams more often and pretty much never lose to the A8 to be honest. Bad days happen but they need to be an anomaly for a T10 nation such as ourselves.

Sorry Asaad, couldn't vote bro.

BengaliPagol
July 31, 2012, 02:55 PM
I am probably one of the few people here who is happy with the overall team progress, to be honest with you, loss to Scotlands and Dutch is not really surprising especially in T20, what's more important is that our boys do not let these losses make the better of them.

im with you also. Im honestly not fazed that we lost to assosciate teams. T20 isnt our cup of tea. We played in conditions which we are not accustomed to. But at least the World Cup will be in the sub continent so im expecting to do reasonably well.

I think alot of people are mixing up ODIs with T20s. If we lost to assosciates in ODIs then i would be dissapointed. But in T20s im not fussed about it.

playmaker
August 1, 2012, 07:33 AM
im with you also. Im honestly not fazed that we lost to assosciate teams. T20 isnt our cup of tea. We played in conditions which we are not accustomed to. But at least the World Cup will be in the sub continent so im expecting to do reasonably well.

I think alot of people are mixing up ODIs with T20s. If we lost to assosciates in ODIs then i would be dissapointed. But in T20s im not fussed about it.

exactly,

People making a fuss about it. TAKE AWAY THEIR TEST STATUS. Wait, didnt England lose to the Dutch in their home condition in a T20 World cup match? I didnt hear a single person calling their players sissies, losers, or to take away their test status

Raynman
August 1, 2012, 08:48 AM
regardless of the format, in every poor performance there seems to be a large group ready to pat the boys on the head and tell them to pay no attention to the 'bad' and only focus on the 'good'.

I for one fail to understand how you improve and fix your 'bad' when its not addressed.

AsifTheManRahman
August 1, 2012, 09:16 AM
regardless of the format, in every poor performance there seems to be a large group ready to pat the boys on the head and tell them to pay no attention to the 'bad' and only focus on the 'good'.

I for one fail to understand how you improve and fix your 'bad' when its not addressed.
I'm sure our players have the same attitude, so it makes it pretty easy to figure out why we still suck after so many years of international cricket.