PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic statement by Tamim

BrianLara7
July 30, 2012, 04:18 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ireland-nl-v-bangladesh-2012/content/current/story/574760.html

Tamim iqbal: We're developing the habit of winning.

What a pathetic statement from tamim after losing to minnow associates like netherlands and scotland. People are laughing at BD after this foolish statement

AsifTheManRahman
July 30, 2012, 05:17 PM
This kind of attitude should be reprimanded in the form of monetary fines and severe jharis behind closed doors. His mentality seems to be no better than Ashraful/Aftab's (re: their opinions of SN's string of centuries against Zimbabwe) and the BCB needs to make sure this sort of loser thought process is nipped in the bud.

No need to open your mouth and prove that you're an idiot.

BrianLara7
July 30, 2012, 05:38 PM
This kind of attitude should be reprimanded in the form of monetary fines and severe jharis behind closed doors. His mentality seems to be no better than Ashraful/Aftab's (re: their opinions of SN's string of centuries against Zimbabwe) and the BCB needs to make sure this sort of loser thought process is nipped in the bud.

No need to open your mouth and prove that you're an idiot.

The scary thing is that he seems to actually believe in this rubbish..

oronnya
July 30, 2012, 05:53 PM
Why blaming Tamim alone? Mash said the exact same thing !! Seems like the whole team believes that and nothing wrong with the statement.. Since when we have been a better team than the associates? Just before the Asia Cup even we (the BD fans) were asking to take away test status for the dismal performance of the team...The team is in the process of development.. We should just be patient here just the way we have been for last 15 years..

http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2012/2012_07_30/content_zoom/2012_07_30_23_0_b.jpg

Antora
July 30, 2012, 06:14 PM
Didn't expect this kind of mentality from Tamim. I mean, we lost two games and that well and truely could have been 4!
we're once again the laughing stock of the world :facepalm:

AMD128
July 30, 2012, 09:08 PM
We should just be patient here just the way we have been for last 15 years..

You know what. THAT is one thing we BANGALIS lack which is why we call for someone's head when they just perform poorly on 1-2 games. And then start asking him back after he performs good in one particular match. :facepalm:

Dilscoop
July 30, 2012, 09:33 PM
I can understand where people are coming from. They aren't angry because they lost couple of T20s vs Assos (not this time) (FYI I wasn't with that). But this rage is against Tamim's "pathetic statements." As a senior member, ex vp, wisden cricket of the year, 2 time World Cup participant, his statements should have more depth and weight. He should've have gone with "they played well, little disappointed" route.

I feel like our players are always trying to calm down the fans. As if the fans don't know anything.

simon
July 30, 2012, 09:39 PM
don't even understand why the statement is "pathetic".

We won 4 out of 6 tea20s against three different countries, in three different wickets,the boys traveled a lot,played consecutive matches.
There are definitely more positives than negatives and it's important to take the positives from every game.
Mash's article describes it well.

the winning mentality is there for sure.

Gowza
July 30, 2012, 09:51 PM
well i hope they make that winning habit happen against the better teams, sure they won most of the matches but they will have to step up their level a number of notches to win against the better sides.

Tipu606
July 30, 2012, 10:24 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ireland-nl-v-bangladesh-2012/content/current/story/574760.html

Tamim iqbal: We're developing the habit of winning.

What a pathetic statement from tamim after losing to minnow associates like netherlands and scotland. People are laughing at BD after this foolish statement
i couldn't find any "pathethic" statement.please elaborate?

Sohel
July 30, 2012, 10:49 PM
My two cents:

Maybe they were trying to highlight the fact that we managed to win a couple of matches from losing positions when traditionally it has been the other way around. It just didn't come out right. That's what happens when there's speech before thought, and inadequate vocabulary adds to that as do our sports reporters incapable of actually reporting the action in sports. Neither of these guys is known to be too bright or articulate to begin with, so expecting any kind of reflective depth isn't really fair.

Also, each had comeback performances during the tour and cannot be unhappy about that in the "Me First" psyche of the Bangladeshi petit bourgeoisie. Other than Shakib and perhaps Mit'hu and Nasir, most of our significant players play to retain their BCB contracts and then think about everything else.

al Furqaan
July 30, 2012, 11:19 PM
For the umpeenth time its a lottery format, one in which we traditionally suck. A new coach can't make a drastic change in such a short time. We're probably only slightly better as a T20 team than we were 2 years ago.

I feel we're a better ODI and even a Test side than we were 2, 5, and 10 years ago. Now if we had lost 2 out of 6 ODIs or under-performed in a 4-day match then I would be fuming just like ATMR.

But this is T20 where Netherlands have beaten England, Zimbabwe has beaten Australia, and we've beaten WI with the Chris Gayle.

Jadukor
July 30, 2012, 11:35 PM
Yes T-20 is an unpredictable format and yes we are not a good T-20 team. I think that's not the point people are angry at the comment. People are angry because we have been hearing this for the last 10 years.

al Furqaan
July 31, 2012, 02:02 AM
Yes T-20 is an unpredictable format and yes we are not a good T-20 team. I think that's not the point people are angry at the comment. People are angry because we have been hearing this for the last 10 years.

That is true...although if you keep winning against the bigger sides as we have begun to do, no one will care even if you lose every game against the Associates.

NoName
July 31, 2012, 02:57 AM
And here I thought Tamim said something idiotic again.

BD Rox
July 31, 2012, 03:08 AM
You guys are not getting it. Mash & TIK said the right thing.
"Aga toh dosh bhish ta match tana hartoh". Then suddenly a win. So, "r akhon toh pas choita match lage jitte". That's why, they both said 'We're developing the habit of winning'.
:floor:

Nafisbd 25
July 31, 2012, 03:18 AM
You guys are not getting it. Mash & TIK said the right thing.
"Aga toh dosh bhish ta match tana hartoh". Then suddenly a win. So, "r akhon toh pas choita match lage jitte". That's why, they both said 'We're developing the habit of winning'.
:floor: right ma man!!! 20 ta match harar che 1 ta jita bhalo and in that case bd onek match jitse... RESPECT:flag:

BD Rox
July 31, 2012, 03:19 AM
right ma man!!! 20 ta match harar che 1 ta jita bhalo and in that case bd onek match jitse... RESPECT:flag:

Hi man. Welcome in Bangla Cricket. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
:)

Roni_uk
July 31, 2012, 05:14 AM
Didn't expect this kind of mentality from Tamim. I mean, we lost two games and that well and truely could have been 4!
we're once again the laughing stock of the world :facepalm:

nothing new then... if Sheikh Hasina can do it with BBC, why not Tamim?

playmaker
July 31, 2012, 05:40 AM
The only ones who are being PATHETIC are some of the fans who are against this statement including Mr BrianLara7 himself.

Lets face it, we may have lost but at least we WON 4 matches! And dont forget, we won 2 of them from very difficult situations so how can we say we are not DEVELOPING a winning mentality. Some fans get excited without properly understanding the statement. He didnt say we have the winning mentality, it was more of a DEVELOPING A WINNING mentality.

We won 4 matches in these circumstances:
-Against associate teams that have played more T20s than us
-In foreign condition
-In T20s where any team can win anyday
It couldve easily have been 2-4 in favour of the hosts but it isnt, its 4-2 and thats not something to be proud of but at least we can say that the results are not as worse as possible. I mean afterall some pessimistic fans where expecting lossing 3-0 to Ireland :facepalm:

Rifat
July 31, 2012, 06:21 AM
posts #12 and #20 pretty much sums up my views completely.

cricket_king
July 31, 2012, 09:08 AM
You guys are brutal. Your outbursts suggest you expected something more from them. Calm down, they're not professionals. And it's Tamim - his IQ is probably lower than that of most of the players on the team.

Ajfar
July 31, 2012, 09:17 AM
You don't have to have a high IQ to know what you are talking about. I bet if the same kind of statements came from players like SN, Shahadat, Rock, Nayeem, Imrul you know the crew most of us are are not a big fan, this thread would have been bombered with posts like this is why we need to get rid of these sissies/losers. But because its Tamim and Mash we are like meh, whatever.

Tiger444
July 31, 2012, 09:23 AM
You don't have to have a high IQ to know what you are talking about. I bet if the same kind of statements came from players like SN, Shahadat, Rock, Nayeem, Imrul you know the crew most of us are are not a big fan, this thread would have been bombered with posts like this is why we need to get rid of these sissies/losers. But because its Tamim and Mash we are like meh, whatever.

Haha. It's very true.

AsifTheManRahman
July 31, 2012, 09:30 AM
It's not very difficult to see the flaw in these statements. Kisher winning habit? 2007 e jokhon Zimbabwe re parar team mone koira dine raaite pitaisila, tokhon oita ki habit chilo? 5 bochor por o jodi ekhono bolo "we're developing a winning habit", taile goto 5 bochore ki SBNS er ghaash khaiso? This propensity to reward mediocrity will take us nowhere.

And please don't bring the anyone can win in T20's bull crap. Just because England lose to lower ranked teams every now and then doesn't mean we have to as well. A one-off loss would have been easy to digest, but you have a problem when you lose to associates in every tour that they feature and there is absolutely no denying that.

You know the team hasn't performed when these guys have to come out in public and struggle to point out the positives from a tour, making a fool of themselves in the process.

Shaan
July 31, 2012, 12:48 PM
valo je se bolse jitar habit, harar habit tho bolenai..

22Yards
July 31, 2012, 02:31 PM
You know the team hasn't performed when these guys have to come out in public and struggle to point out the positives from a tour, making a fool of themselves in the process.

Yup Couldn't agree more. Stop pointing out the positives because the truth is Bangladesh have under performed in this tour. Its The bitter fact. We know T20 is not our thing, we played little T20s over the years to prove our worth, T20 world cup is just around the corner. All of these should rather make us even more desperate to win. I feel the effort was lacking for which they have no excuse for. As a team we won just ONE game comfortably, rest were all shaky. Individually not a single three digit score. Our Spinners went from "unplayable" to bad and worse.

cricheart
July 31, 2012, 02:49 PM
4 wins out of 6, this result dont represent how team performed in Europe at all! The thing is very few supporters had the idea how unexpectedly patheticly compitative preparation matches were those, as it was only some updated scoreboard on tv, mobile, web etc. Using mass media for small penny by these two mouth openers now miss-representing ("winning habit") success/failure of a tour is pathetic ofcourse. At least the poor body language at fielding, irresponsible attitude of our batters and inconsistancy in bowling tells us how was it in those two video webcasts luckily we enjoyed.

A luxurious European tour with failure result already made enough questions on most key players on their capability to play this format accordingly with bigger teams & so called high expectation in WT20, is now pathetic to think about. If they are trying to boost any moral in fanz & players thru these idiotic under-comments, wont win much hearts in BC that easily for sure. Our team will be allways in learing process with mare output and 'dissapointment' will be fate for the fans regurdless those ("professional!") players.

BengaliPagol
July 31, 2012, 03:17 PM
What if the BD team didnt play to potential so that the media and people wouldnt overhype about the team and say that they would win the World Cup. From this the BD team would have less pressure heading into the World Cup. And at the end of the day they will win the World Cup. It seems like the perfect plan. if you ask me.

deshprem
July 31, 2012, 08:13 PM
there is nothing pathetic about his statement. the only thing that is pathetic are these reactions. so what we lost to associates? it is a t20 game, and as we were never truly a number 4 team, we would lsoe the odd game to an associate. everyone would be feeling better if an australian team lost to the dutch or scotland, then bd loosing to them would be ok...why does it need to get to that for us to feel ok with our loss? alright we lost, they played well. good on them. truth is, the team probably feels they have worked on key area, made improvements, and at this rate the results wil ltake care of themselves, maybe they have worked on a few psychological issues, who knows, what's important is that the team feels like they are competitive and improving. that's what counts, and that's what tamim is saying. all of you lot need to stop telling our sportsmen to shut up n all that, they are in the heat of it, n they know what's going on.

chinaman_f
August 1, 2012, 11:52 AM
Positive attitude and energy is always vital for any sporting unit, but complacency isn't. I hope our boys can see the fine line.

kalpurush
August 1, 2012, 12:10 PM
How many T20 we have played in the last ten years?

Total of 23 matches?
We can't be world beater playing only 23 matches!

all_rounder
August 5, 2012, 08:46 AM
pagol chagol.