PDA

View Full Version : Dave is showing us the right path for the future of BD cricket.

rassel
March 17, 2004, 09:28 PM
Any thought of Dave Whitmore achievement since he took over from our previous BD coach.:):):)

AsifTheManRahman
March 17, 2004, 09:39 PM
Well, he's probably the highest profile coach that BD has ever had...he's known of turning losers into world champs...

He is definitely doing the right thing...sometimes he makes decisions that piss me off but then he turns out to be right...

I think that after he leaves, we should get someone similar or else our development will stop right there...

He is a great coach!

Rubu
March 17, 2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Well, he's probably the highest profile coach that BD has ever had...

how can u say probably? here is a chart of what we had so far:
Gordon Greenige: Good player, first time coaching a team. An average quality.
Travar Chapell: Fielding coach, has very little to do with a fultime coach, with all due respect.
Mohsin Kamaal: Has nothing to do with coaching. if don't agree with me, have a look again at The World Cup Debacle Probe Report (http://www.banglacricket.com/probe.html).

then came whatmore. where bd was at 2003 world cup and where we are now, 85% credit goes to WHATMORE.

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by AgentSmith]

AsifTheManRahman
March 17, 2004, 10:07 PM
are baba eto chete jawar ki ase? kothay kothay eto rush of blood dekhei to amra jati hishabe unnoti korte parlam na...ami bolsi probably oita ekta kothar kotha...taar jonno to eto uttejito howar kisu nai...
r mohsin kamal j bangladeshe kaam na koira poysha kamaite asisilo eita ki ami osshikar korsi naki? eta disagree korar ki ase?

rassel
March 17, 2004, 10:32 PM
It seems really nice topic to discuss. I have one more thought to add, which is in regard to the person who decided to hire Dave. What a splendid job? All my credit goes to him.

Nasif
March 17, 2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
I think that after he leaves, we should get someone similar or else our development will stop right there...

What do you mean? He has to stay with us for atleast 5/6 years!

AsifTheManRahman
March 17, 2004, 11:20 PM
:)

He sure does...
But the thing is will he consent in staying after his contract is over?

Rubu
March 17, 2004, 11:56 PM
asif vai, sorry if my post sounded mad or something. i didn't mean to.

we've a 2 years contact with dav, then we can renew it with mutual agreement if we both want. i think already one year is over. we have to get everything out of him as soon as possible. i have a hunch that if we are not in top level when dav leave, we might never be there.

AsifTheManRahman
March 17, 2004, 11:57 PM
it would be great if we can have him for another few years

rassel
March 18, 2004, 12:11 AM
"it would be great if we can have him for another few years"

Beside i don't think dave leaving us without our maiden test victory.

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by rassel]

fab
March 18, 2004, 02:13 AM
In my opinion, Dav has helped the team grow from being toothless tigers to teething tigers. Let's hope in another 6 months time the bite will hurt :)

fy288
March 18, 2004, 06:24 AM
Bangla is producing new and exciting talent and with a excellent coach in Dav the future looks fantastic. He has made BD in to a competitive team and any wins are bonuses. I would really like the players to learn from there mistakes and many to find there form before the windies series.

:tiger:

tensionEaachi
March 18, 2004, 08:51 AM
Looking back from our history.... by means of in each and every aspects of BD...

each time a good thing happens to us... each time some one comes to rescue us... we seem to axe them with all we can! reading all of your posts, I m in fear that history may repeat itself today or tomorrow. Hope we never take that path again... hope its a new beginning! with these new Gen people... a new BD indeed!

Joy... Cricket er joy... e Joy amader joy!

Mahmood
March 18, 2004, 10:15 AM
Dav is the best thing that has happened to BD team. If our BCB officials F**K this up, and lose him, we fans will have to go all out againt BCB and start andolon, hortal etc to remove them and bring Dav back.

He is the man!

Rubu
March 18, 2004, 11:10 AM
i think it won't take long to have that conflict. probably it will start like this, they will try to push in a player who dav think is not qualified enough. there are many other thing that can happen.

Kana-Baba
March 18, 2004, 11:56 AM
I don't think their will be a conflict in near future with Dave. If you look carefuly, you will see that Dave is very cautious and professional about his relation with BCB board members. After all, he learned that in Srilanka.

Moreover, he is so highly rated coach in the world that there are only few BCB member who has the gutts to confront with Dave.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 18, 2004, 01:12 PM
ji bhai kanababa,
dave kintu akjon ottanto ucho maner player. tar odhine kintu srilanka bishho champion hoyechilo. tini akjon world class coach. ebong amar mone hoi je BCB board ar sheta mathai ache. mohsin kamal ar shathe BCB ja korto kingba korechilo sheta jodi tara Dave ar shathe kore tahole kintu fol khub akta bhalo hobe na sheta amar mone hoi BCB ar jana ache. ebong amar mone hoi BCB ai jinishta coach Gordon ar kach thekeo shikhechilo. tar shathe matobbori korar jonnoi kintu take amra harai. ebong asha korbo BCB amon kichu korbe na jate Dave ar drishti akorshon kore. Dave tar hate jeno royeche jadu. tini asholai jeno akjon shottikarer jadukor. bigoto 3-4 coach jeta parlo na dave 1 bochorer kom shomoye kintu sheta shombhob kore dilen. amra joi pelam. ebong amader team kintu ghure daralo. jaihok asha korbo dave amader shathe aro onekdin thakben. asha korbo tini amader dolke aro onek shiri par kore diben. asha korbo tar hat dhore hati hati pa pa kore bangladesh dol onek chorai utrai par kore onek shafollo pabe. dannabad.

Zephaniah
March 18, 2004, 04:51 PM
Bd pays well for their coaches. And being a coach for BD national team which is one of those few test playing country is a high-profile/respectable job in itself. If BCB operates professionally, then they wont hav an issue with Dav and he will stay...few more years.

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by Zephaniah]

Nascer
March 18, 2004, 04:52 PM
[Edited on 6-9-2004 by Nascer]

Rubu
March 18, 2004, 06:20 PM
one intersting point to ponder is, how much dav is enjoying his job. like mcInnes, if he came here it would be just GREAT. can someone from dhaka send him an invitation to him about coming to banglacricket once in a while and make us grateful.

anyway, if he enjoys working with tigers he can have him for 3 year more otherwise it will be one more year and all over.

shovon13
March 19, 2004, 04:57 AM
knowing Dav, (which i dont), he probably will stay at least till the next WC. but wuts important is Dav has taught our players how to win. he has shown them that they're also capable of playing alongside the world's best. and this will stay with the players forever.

thumbs up mr. 50

Zobair
March 20, 2004, 07:22 PM
Ideally we need him for another 3 years and hopefully by then a new coach will be ready to pick up where he leaves it at...but it will depend on how BCB treats him..the ball is indeed in BCB's court.

fwullah
March 21, 2004, 03:44 AM
I think with the way everything is going, Dave will be with us at least until the 2007 World Cup, if not more.

rafiq
March 21, 2004, 05:08 AM
you never know when someone is going to leave a job even if it seems they have no reason to. instead of pinning all our hopes on the coach, we should continue developing the cricket infrastructure (which includes a system capable of selecing, hirining and retaining good coaches) and producing quality new players.

Ahmed_B
March 21, 2004, 05:42 AM
Dav's current job is to construct the National team in all ways.. & no doubt he's doin his job superbly..!
wht we need now is a strongly organised national league and junior teams( u-15, u-17,u-19, and 'A' teams) so tht we don run out of quality players in the future.. after the hard work of placing BD standard up to the mark by DAV is done!
only in that case we wil be able to keep up with the success tht DAV can make us get!!(even after Dav's contract with BD ends up):flag::flag:

sage
March 21, 2004, 07:00 AM
Is there anyway we can make Dev President of our country. We could learn how to win on other aspects too.:)

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 21, 2004, 02:56 PM
well i dont think cricket and politcs is the same thing. i dont have any doubt about daves cricket knowledge but i surely have doubts about daves politcal knowledge.

fab
March 21, 2004, 05:07 PM
I know it's a bit rich for me to be pulling people up for spelling mistakes, and no offence intended, but I believe the dude's name is 'DAV', short for Davenell (not Dev, Dave, Dov, Div, Deb, Dab and a host of other names I've heard on here). Dave is normally a shortened form of 'David', which is not his name.

Anyhow, I'm just pointing this out because I know how it feels to constantly have your name mispronounced. It's annoying.
thank you.

Zobair
March 25, 2004, 12:01 PM
I was just thinking who would be an ideal coach if Whatmore decides to call it a day sometime in the future. After watching 3 of the 5 India-PaK ODIs I am convinced John Wright (the Indian coach) will be the ideal replacement. What he has done to the Indian team is mind-boggling!!! India is now a professional and very-focussed team...very consistent..mentally tough and fighting till the end...very unlike the pre-Wright era.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 25, 2004, 12:36 PM
Yes, i think so too. i dont think he will be a bad choice. but i think even if we have him then we might even have to pay more than what india is paying him right now if bangladesh does not improve because. this is because he might show excuses such as bangladesh is a less stronger team and he will have to work hard and so on......jaihok, who ever coaches the bangladesh team after dave i just hope that he is not going to be someone like mohsin kamal or the other south afican buira we used to have. dannabad.

reinausagi
March 26, 2004, 04:15 AM
jaihok, who ever coaches the bangladesh team after dave i just hope that he is not going to be someone like mohsin kamal or the other south afican buira we used to have

Actually buira is one of the genuine 'good guys' of cricket. It's a tragedy that he could not stay at the helm a couple of years longer. We could have at least avoided the whole Mohsin Kamal drama.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 27, 2004, 12:00 AM
ji reinausagi bhai,
amar mone hoi bangladesh cricket ar itihashe shob cheye baje ebong ondhokar shomoy chilo jotodin mohsin kamal coach chilo. amar mone hoi bangladesher shoroniyo shomoy chilo jokhon amra ICC jiti ebong 1999 World Cup a ongshogrohon kori coach Gordon ar odhine. ar por cricket a shafollo jeno amader kach theke hariye jai. tobe amar mone hoi cricketer shai shonali din abar fire ashche. coach dave whatmore abar mone hoi sheta shombhob korte jachhen tar chomotkar coaching ar maddhome.