PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand tour of India, 2012

Zeeshan
August 22, 2012, 10:27 PM
Pitch: Looks pretty dry, grass has been shaved off. Bit of dampness. Will take turn fairly soon. If you lose the toss and bowl first, you might still have a chance with some swing, says Craig McMillan.
8.30am: Nice and early. Good morning everyone and welcome to the coverage of the first day of a long home season for India. They're at Hyderabad for the first of two Tests, against New Zealand. Clear skies. Toss is at 9, the first ball 30 mins later.
Speaking of India and New Zealand, there's another game happening live. The Under-19s are playing the World Cup semi-final at Townsville. I hope the seniors here are keeping a ear out to what's happening there. India have been kept to a competitive 209 at the break. My colleague Venkat Raghav is tracking that. Follow it here (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-under19-world-cup-2012/engine/current/match/554558.html).
The talking point is the Indian batting order. Evidence points towards Pujara at No.3, Kohli at No.5 and Raina at 6. Ganguly, on TV, reckons Kohli should come in at 3, because he's done it with flair in the one-dayers. Pujara is surely playing, he says. He doesn't want to reveal his position yet. We should find out soon.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-new-zealand-2012/engine/current/match/565817.html

Zeeshan
August 22, 2012, 10:31 PM
MS won the toss and will bat first. :fire:

Zeeshan
August 22, 2012, 10:38 PM
Atrocious indian ads makes me NOT support india despite their big names.

Zeeshan
August 23, 2012, 12:13 AM
Sehwag!

NoName
August 23, 2012, 02:41 AM
Happened to see Sachin bowled live, haven't seen that kind of scene for awhile.

Dilscoop
August 23, 2012, 03:00 AM
Anyone have any HD (preferably non-Ind ch) link? I can't watch these damn stupid annoying dumb hindi commercials!! But I wanna see Kohli bat.

Naimul_Hd
August 23, 2012, 03:22 AM
Anyone have any HD (preferably non-Ind ch) link? I can't watch these damn stupid annoying dumb hindi commercials!! But I wanna see Kohli bat.

Try this (http://hdstreams.eu/live_cricket/india_v_new_zealand_1st_test_streaming/1419). Skysports HD !

Naimul_Hd
August 23, 2012, 03:23 AM
Sachin's out was pure gem of a delivery !

Gowza
August 23, 2012, 04:11 AM
2 of the young guys out in the middle playing solid, good to see the young guys doing well.

Gowza
August 23, 2012, 05:03 AM
pujara 95* kohli 57*, terrific from the young blokes, india does have batting talent coming through to replace the oldens.

Gowza
August 23, 2012, 05:09 AM
kohli gone for 58! was hoping he'd carry on. btw can't believe they're still giving raina chances.

Gowza
August 23, 2012, 05:18 AM
100 for pujara, the first of many!

playmaker
August 23, 2012, 09:41 AM
Their batting order makes me cry :'(

Dilscoop
August 23, 2012, 10:58 AM
So weird to see only Sachin in there. He must feel lonely.

Now there will be extra pressure on him. No Dravid or Lax to save his ***.

Gowza
August 23, 2012, 07:37 PM
So weird to see only Sachin in there. He must feel lonely.

Now there will be extra pressure on him. No Dravid or Lax to save his ***.

yeah only sachin in the middle order, sehwag still there though. must be a different feel for sachin but i'm sure he'll be fine, if pujara and kohli can consistently do what they did yesterday then sachin shouldn't feel to much pressure. as far as raina goes i really think they should be trying someone else for now, plenty of talent there i mean they have rahane and tiwary and others sitting on the sidelines, raina has had a good number of matches and has struggled so give one of them their turn.

Tiger444
August 23, 2012, 09:17 PM
Always knew Pujura would do well. The guy showed a lot of resilience in the tour of SA. He has a hunger to score runs and will be a run machine for India. Really should be playing all 3 formats.

Gowza
August 23, 2012, 09:33 PM
Always knew Pujura would do well. The guy showed a lot of resilience in the tour of SA. He has a hunger to score runs and will be a run machine for India. Really should be playing all 3 formats.

the young batting talents will do well they just need to be given enough time to settle in. but for now no more sharma or raina please.

Zeeshan
August 23, 2012, 11:39 PM
India in control ...

Gowza
August 24, 2012, 05:37 AM
NZ folding majorly 4-62 mccullum, guptill, taylor and flynn already gone. any salvage is left to williamson and franklin.

simon
August 24, 2012, 07:24 AM
man
this NZ team is definitely weaker than BD
lost five wckts for 100 something against Ind bowling attack is laughable.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Kohli_Sox
August 24, 2012, 08:22 AM
5 wickets under 100 runs in a session was just not on the cards

NoName
August 24, 2012, 03:46 PM
As expected; a one-sided series against in India in India with probably the weakest NZ team to date.

Tiger444
August 24, 2012, 08:22 PM
the young batting talents will do well they just need to be given enough time to settle in. but for now no more sharma or raina please.

I don't really see anybody standing out though apart from Pujura and Kohli. Rahane has tailed off, Tiwary has some flaws in his game that will get exposed as he plays more, likewise for Badrinath. So I think they have to live with Raina and Sharma for now.

Tiger444
August 24, 2012, 08:23 PM
I wish we could play NZ in Tests. I feel we could definitely beat this team.

Green Tea
August 25, 2012, 03:26 PM
Indian cricket board is like Fox news channel! (http://talkaboutcricket.blogspot.de/2012/08/read-this-article.html)

NoName
August 25, 2012, 03:30 PM
They look so clueless against spin, Ashwin and Ojha are having a field day out there.

Gowza
August 25, 2012, 07:52 PM
Poor NZ, India have decent spinners but that's what they are, decent. Expected more from NZs top 3 and was hoping Flynn would perform and confirm his spot. Van wyk has been really disappointing with the bat to.

Nocturnal
August 26, 2012, 03:04 AM
India 438
New Zealand 159 & 105/2 (f/o) (47.4 ov)
New Zealand trail by 174 runs with 8 wickets remaining
Day 4 - Session 2

two really bad LBW decisions against NZ in 2nd innings
come on ... give them a chance to fight ... poor umpiring and of course no DRS

Nocturnal
August 26, 2012, 03:05 AM
2nd one: few mins earlier

Yadav to McCullum, OUT, Umesh has done it, he has ended the stubborn stand, an inside-edge that the umpire Steve Davis has missed, that was tailing in towards off and middle, McCullum looked to defend but edges it on to the pads, huge appeal and the umpire raises the finger, McCullum is furious, shaking his head as he walks off, tosses the bat from one hand to the other, bring on the DRS comments!
BB McCullum lbw b Yadav 42 (130b 3x4 0x6) SR: 32.30

Nocturnal
August 26, 2012, 03:07 AM
Taylor gone now .... 105/3

kiwibd
August 26, 2012, 03:09 AM
India 438
New Zealand 159 & 105/2 (f/o) (47.4 ov)
New Zealand trail by 174 runs with 8 wickets remaining
Day 4 - Session 2

two really bad LBW decisions against NZ in 2nd innings
come on ... give them a chance to fight ... poor umpiring and of course no DRS

look back to the 1st innings and see how controversial atleast 3 of the dismissals were, the main problem is when you get given out unfairly and then the next batsmen gets out quick it hurts that much more, especially as that's happened atleast 3 times in these match which = 6 wickets that shouldn't have been. ps obvious bias from me but what I said is what happened

kiwibd
August 26, 2012, 03:13 AM
oh and shiva, manjrekar and ganguly annoy the heck out of me with their biased commentary. favourite line ever was from Craig Macmillan when gangulys like "that looks to me to be hitting the stumps" and maccas just straight up said "ofcoure you do, you're Indian mate" good on him!

Nocturnal
August 26, 2012, 03:20 AM
I feel bad for kiwis.
I can feel their pain; We receive even more poor decisions from umpires the time we play with higher rank team ... world is not fair!

Nocturnal
August 26, 2012, 03:40 AM
NZ - 122/3
trailing by157 runs with 7 wickets remaining
Daniel Flynn & Kane Williamson batting

Sovik
August 26, 2012, 03:53 AM
oh and shiva, manjrekar and ganguly annoy the heck out of me with their biased commentary. favourite line ever was from Craig Macmillan when gangulys like "that looks to me to be hitting the stumps" and maccas just straight up said "ofcoure you do, you're Indian mate" good on him!

Good one. Bad umpiring cost them badly.

kiwibd
August 26, 2012, 05:16 AM
why is the third umpire Indian? 2nd catch he's giving out when ball is clearly touching the ground?? that's 7 of the 17 wickets for the black caps which should not have been out...

kalpurush
August 26, 2012, 06:27 AM
oh and shiva, manjrekar and ganguly annoy the heck out of me with their biased commentary. Favourite line ever was from craig macmillan when gangulys like "that looks to me to be hitting the stumps" and maccas just straight up said "ofcoure you do, you're indian mate" good on him!

i feel bad for kiwis.
I can feel their pain; we receive even more poor decisions from umpires the time we play with higher rank team ... World is not fair!
udrs
udrs
udrs /
bcci
bcci
bcci

Gowza
August 26, 2012, 06:29 AM
I feel bad for kiwis.
I can feel their pain; We receive even more poor decisions from umpires the time we play with higher rank team ... world is not fair!

Reminds me of when BD play good sides.

Kohli_Sox
August 26, 2012, 08:53 AM
Some decisions went against NZ but hey oh they looked very poor against DECENT spinners. Even had those decisions went for NZ, still don't see how they could fightback.

playmaker
August 26, 2012, 09:21 AM
Kiwis look like fish out of water against spinners.

Anyways, chris martin the best batsman in the world atm. has scored another :duck:duck, a golden duck

Kohli_Sox
August 26, 2012, 05:01 PM
Anyways, chris martin the best batsman in the world atm. has scored another :duck:duck, a golden duck

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlbGO_ZdMkle5qeEYgukw1ZzIQSm8df 4eqtvR8sLpGL8i7YVZr&t=1

http://www.taipeitimes.com/images/2011/12/10/thumbs/p20-111210-346.jpg

http://static.stuff.co.nz/1233108507/852/742852.jpg

kiwibd
August 30, 2012, 11:22 PM
Wow I can stand bias from Indian commentators but I just realized most of cricinfos commies are Indian aswell... They say it's plumb lbw, when balls barely clipping off stump...

Gowza
August 30, 2012, 11:38 PM
Kane Williamson has a chance to tell the world he can be a star, I know they're relying heavily on him for the future so I hope he comes through.

kiwibd
August 31, 2012, 12:24 AM
Kane Williamson has a chance to tell the world he can be a star, I know they're relying heavily on him for the future so I hope he comes through.
Yeah maybe if the freakin umpires weren't so retarted... I give up, i mean for a team that is already struggling, to be given 2 rubbish decisions at the start of a test match is just depressing... I would say thats at the very minimum, 8-10 bad decisions for the nzers out of 22 wickets lost in this series!!
edit- Why do i have to support the two teams who get rough decisions on a consistent basis :/ ok rant over.
edit 2- Now i go back to being angry at the nz batsmen, guptill does a tamim... was playing beautifully but then decides to try be over agressive..
edit 3- Taylor thinking hes playing for Bangalore in ipl 2010? alls good until he does a Tamim?

Sohel
August 31, 2012, 02:38 AM
Luteru Ross Poutoa Lote Taylor's on his way to a blistering test :100:. Other than just a couple of streaky shots, he has been in total control. This would be his 7th.

Sohel
August 31, 2012, 03:16 AM
A loose fulltoss on middle stump gets Ojha Franklin's wicket as Raina takes a good catch.

Gowza
August 31, 2012, 04:48 AM
taylors century giving NZ some respect, it's not like NZ doesn't have decent players they just find it hard to be consistent and also for more than one to perform each innings.

Yasin.
August 31, 2012, 04:50 AM
Van Wyk looking good and sweeping with a lot of confidence. First time that I have seen bat and he has looked good. Wish Vettori was there and NZ would have been able to compete even more. Brings in so much with him Daniel V.

India might as well play 3 spinners and a pacer at home. Couple of bad overs and Dhoni removes the pacers. Even started with a spinner today *facepalm*.

Gowza
August 31, 2012, 04:54 AM
half century for van wyk! hope he's turned a corner and does this more often now!

kiwibd
August 31, 2012, 05:47 AM
I would say things are 60-40 to Indian at the end of the first day. Silly kiwis lost ALL their 6 wickets because they played bad shots/umpiring shockers. Taylor played a blistering knock which i'm sure his delhi captain will look to better when its his turn! Van Wyk surprised me with his counter attacking knock full of sweeps as well as Bracewell who despite his attacking instincts buckled down and supported van wyk. One thing I don't understand is, is india only a world class team when pitch is FLAT or pitch is spinnings sideways?

BrianLara7
August 31, 2012, 11:09 AM
I would say things are 60-40 to Indian at the end of the first day. Silly kiwis lost ALL their 6 wickets because they played bad shots/umpiring shockers. Taylor played a blistering knock which i'm sure his delhi captain will look to better when its his turn! Van Wyk surprised me with his counter attacking knock full of sweeps as well as Bracewell who despite his attacking instincts buckled down and supported van wyk. One thing I don't understand is, is india only a world class team when pitch is FLAT or pitch is spinnings sideways?
Well there has never been any doubt about that.. you just need to look back at recent 8-0 against england and australia. They have never won a series in SA or Aus and their record outside subcontinent is abysmal.

Tiger444
August 31, 2012, 01:14 PM
Good to see NZ are fighting back. They might not win, but this is the fight we want to see. Hope that the rest of the lower order gives fig as well and key is to knock a few early Indian wickets back.

Gowza
August 31, 2012, 05:26 PM
great to see NZ fighting, this is what they were always known for, it's why they were a good team because they always fought. hope van wyk and bracewell can keep it going.

Zeeshan
September 1, 2012, 12:20 AM
Indiar obostha kharap...32/2

but two of the best batsman in world cricket is in crease...........and i cannot watch it cuz of missing plug in..installing adobe flash dont work

Sohel
September 1, 2012, 01:19 AM
Just 4 from 41 balls! I understand the match situation but this is shockingly tentative stuff from SRT. Anyway, Sehwag, Kohli, Raina and Dhoni will put enough runs on the board for the hosts to take this one. The rapidly degraded pitch won't do New Zealand any favor by the time they bat again.

kiwibd
September 1, 2012, 01:26 AM
I don't understand this heinous umpiring, any marginal lbws for nz and umpires are trigger happy especially steve davis, but when india bats, all the 50/50 calls go to india, where is the justice?

al Furqaan
September 1, 2012, 02:12 AM
Chokedulkar gags again (when his side is in trouble)! How characteristic! This guy must have scored more meaningless runs than the rest of the world combined! Lets see if Kohli becomes an anti-Tendulkar match-winner...

Sohel
September 1, 2012, 02:33 AM
Sehwag's a hit-or-miss player who hits more than he misses. He usually turns his 50s onto easy 100s. So dismissing him short of 50 was incredibly important for the Black Caps. SRT pulled a classic DaRok today. Got his @$$ bogged down before getting himself out playing a flurry of low percentage, premeditated shots. A straight ball dismissal at this stage of his fabled career is simply too F-ed up! Some folks at ICF must be calling for his head by now.

Anything from the quick scoring Raina is a plus but the real partnership threat would be the one between Kohli and Dhoni. New Zealand would have a great chance to lead and then build on it as long as they don't allow that partnership to happen.

Sohel
September 1, 2012, 03:29 AM
The 3rd umpire saves Raina on a marginal no ball. Kohli has been playing some seriously classy shots.

Sohel
September 1, 2012, 03:39 AM
Important test :50: for Raina and his country. Let's see if he can "kanwert" this to a :100:. He better score as many as he can at home because he sucks on pacier and bouncier wickets outside the subcontinent.

Sohel
September 1, 2012, 04:03 AM
Manjrekar and Kumble are a couple on nice guys with immense cricket knowledge and insight, but boy are they BORING! The final session starts.

Sohel
September 1, 2012, 04:04 AM
Raina's almost always off balance.

Sohel
September 1, 2012, 04:07 AM
Half-volley timed to perfection! Classy straight drive from Kohli for :four:

Sohel
September 1, 2012, 04:08 AM
Raina's looking shaky. Taylor would do well to unleash Southee on him.

Sohel
September 1, 2012, 04:14 AM
Southee starts with a loose one, Raina cuts that for a :four:

Sohel
September 1, 2012, 04:16 AM
:outbad:

Raina edges a legside delivery back to the diving keeper. Finally New Zealand gets lucky. They'll be in the driver's seat if they can get Dhoni nice and early.

Sohel
September 1, 2012, 04:33 AM
B2B :six:s from Dhoni.

simon
September 1, 2012, 04:40 AM
Where on earth is Vettori or did I miss anything ¿
is he already retired ¿ :-/
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

kiwibd
September 1, 2012, 04:44 AM
Where on earth is Vettori or did I miss anything ¿
is he already retired ¿ :-/

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
vettoris recovering from injury, but he will be good for the t20s. also ryder is taking a break from cricket, he will be back at the end of the year, and then we can get rid of flynn and patel.

Gowza
September 1, 2012, 05:00 AM
raina is a no no for the test format, india has many better prospects imo. anyway a good half century for him. glad virat is starting to score more consistently, he's going to be a force in tests i tell you.

Gowza
September 1, 2012, 05:40 AM
kohli and dhoni doing a great job here.

Sohel
September 1, 2012, 06:50 AM
Solid recovery by India thanks to some clutch batting from Sehwag, Kohli, Raina and Dhoni. Hard to beat a team that bats as cohesively they just did in a difficult situation.

Gowza
September 1, 2012, 05:55 PM
Solid recovery by India thanks to some clutch batting from Sehwag, Kohli, Raina and Dhoni. Hard to beat a team that bats as cohesively they just did in a difficult situation.

even still there is a bit of talk that sehwag should drop down the order or even go play fc domestic as a middle order and comeback if he scores runs. india do need to transition through past sehwag and tendulkar but you have to think with dravid going not that long ago and laxman having just gone should sehwag and tendulkar stay around even if performance doesn't warrant it? the kids need guidance. i think keep tendulkar and either sehwag goes or he plays at #6 that way they can blood and groom another young opener (rahane or mukund). as usual though, india is spoilt for batting talent, chand is coming through as another good opener, gambhir still has some years left in him then there is tiwary, sharma, reddy and a few other middle order talents.

Zeeshan
September 1, 2012, 11:06 PM
came here to jinx kohli at 97 hehe

Zeeshan
September 1, 2012, 11:10 PM
boundary and 100 for Kohli

Zeeshan
September 1, 2012, 11:22 PM
out...heheheehehehehe out out out!!! :goal: :floor:

Zeeshan
September 1, 2012, 11:29 PM
missing Dhoni innings due to missing plug in :head:

Zunaid
September 1, 2012, 11:30 PM
out...heheheehehehehe out out out!!! :goal: :floor:

A bit late but still effective.

Sohel
September 1, 2012, 11:38 PM
This is turning out to be very exciting with Kohli and Dhoni falling in quick succession after doing all the hard work. India's tail is exposed now but I expect Ashwin and Zaheer to score quickly. We're looking at a small lead either way and it'll be up to New Zealand's batters to bat well in their 2nd innings.

Gowza
September 2, 2012, 12:46 AM
This is turning out to be very exciting with Kohli and Dhoni falling in quick succession after doing all the hard work. India's tail is exposed now but I expect Ashwin and Zaheer to score quickly. We're looking at a small lead either way and it'll be up to New Zealand's batters to bat well in their 2nd innings.

turned out there was no lead. surprising kohli fell so quickly after he tonned up, dohni should have stuck around, 50s are great when the team is doing well but he needed to score a century.

Sohel
September 2, 2012, 12:53 AM
turned out there was no lead. surprising kohli fell so quickly after he tonned up, dohni should have stuck around, 50s are great when the team is doing well but he needed to score a century.

Very true about Dhoni. Kohli should've gone on also. But serious kudos to Southee for a wonderful innings from start to finish.

I said "lead either way".

Sohel
September 2, 2012, 12:54 AM
If New Zealand can jump to a quickish 300 run lead and declare, they'll have enough time to bowl India out.

kiwibd
September 2, 2012, 01:12 AM
What an inspiring performance from Timmy! and in indian conditions as well, now we need mcculum and williamson to step up and score minimum 50s, Mcculum is due while Kane will be itching to prove his talent even further, he is the best player of spin in the nz batting line up and with them being on top, he can play his natural game and dominate the spinners (hopefully).

Sohel
September 2, 2012, 01:27 AM
Looks like New Zealand is going for it. Great to see such positive intent.

Zunaid
September 2, 2012, 01:31 AM
Looks like New Zealand is going for it. Great to see such positive intent.

Still 2 sessions to go today though.

F6_Turbo
September 2, 2012, 01:45 AM
I'm sure this is old news...but maachranga Tv are showing this live.

NZ 29/1 - poor shot from Guptill

al Furqaan
September 2, 2012, 02:33 AM
williamson and taylor stitching a nice little partnership...need to keep going tho...they need to take NZ to at least a lead of 150 before the 3rd wicket falls.

kiwibd
September 2, 2012, 02:47 AM
70-3, atleast williamson didnt give his wicket away. Now nz need to show their fight/scrap to get to 300 to stay in the game.

Sohel
September 2, 2012, 02:51 AM
There's hope as long as Boss Taylor's there getting a bit of support. I wish the chubby dude was playing. He'd have strengthened the NZL batting for sure.

Sohel
September 2, 2012, 02:58 AM
That was a great couple of shots from Flynn. That's the way to play Ashwin. Can't play him tentatively and give him aggressive ideas in the process.

kiwibd
September 2, 2012, 03:01 AM
There's hope as long as Boss Taylor's there getting a bit of support. I wish the chubby dude was playing. He'd have strengthened the NZL batting for sure.
ah ''Fatso Ryder'', yes with guptill, mcculum, williamson, taylor, ryder, franklin, vettory, van wyk/watling, bracewell, southee, boult/wagner, i think nz can at the very least compete with the top teams in test cricket.

Gowza
September 2, 2012, 03:03 AM
Flynn is a decent bat just has a mental block, hope he overcomes it soon or he'll be dropped again.

Gowza
September 2, 2012, 03:05 AM
ah ''Fatso Ryder'', yes with guptill, mcculum, williamson, taylor, ryder, franklin, vettory, van wyk/watling, bracewell, southee, boult/wagner, i think nz can at the very least compete with the top teams in test cricket.

I know southee has done really well this game but I'm pretty sure at this stage almost anyone would auto start boult in the XI which would mean for Wagner to get a spot it would be at the sacrifice of southee.

Sohel
September 2, 2012, 03:26 AM
With Taylor gone, India clearly has the upper hand now. Taylor got out almost exactly the same way as he did in the first innings but no big score this time.

kiwibd
September 2, 2012, 03:33 AM
Unless the middle/lower order play out of their skin, this game is India's, anything less than 300 and they will coast home with a 6-7 wicket win.

Gowza
September 2, 2012, 03:42 AM
Come on Flynn time to ton up buddy.....

Sohel
September 2, 2012, 03:42 AM
Tea. NZL lost 4 wickets for 94 in the session, NOT good.

Sohel
September 2, 2012, 07:39 AM
This has become India's match to lose now.

al Furqaan
September 2, 2012, 02:15 PM
This has become India's match to lose now.

The only thing that will be lost now is Chokedulkar's off stump for 15!

Gowza
September 2, 2012, 07:11 PM
you know i didn't realise how poor gambhir has been for the last couple of years, averaging 30 in tests, zero centuries in his last 32 test innings (18 matches), sehwag not as bad but not been himself the last 2 years averaging 37 with one century in 34 innings (19 test matches).

Dilscoop
September 2, 2012, 11:29 PM
wanna watch this chase but I'm afraid to because of the Indian commercials.

Skysports link? Anyone?

Night_wolf
September 2, 2012, 11:30 PM
Int cricket needs DRS for the weaker teams..i feel for NZ, almost every decision that could have gone 50/50 have gone against them, We suffer the same fate most of the time and this affects weaker teams more then the strong ones

Dilscoop
September 2, 2012, 11:31 PM
NZ's 50 runs short. Even 300ish would've been too easy for this batting line up at home. I hope Kiwi defense show bring fire.

Dilscoop
September 2, 2012, 11:54 PM
4 x every over. seesssh!

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 12:19 AM
India's chasing this down with extreme ease. This test will end today with an Indian victory.

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 12:28 AM
sehwag keeps getting starts but not converting.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 12:42 AM
I don't think Pujara would last long. Expecting Gambhir and Kohli to deliver victory for India.

al Furqaan
September 3, 2012, 12:49 AM
11 dot balls...I read that Gambhir wicket coming like a open book!

Chokedulkar in...or will Kohli get a deserved promotion to shield the Legend?

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 12:50 AM
Now Gambhir falls. Can't say didn't see it coming after he became tentative and slowed down. Pujara will fall soon.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 12:53 AM
NZL would've had a great chance had they batted responsibly enough to push this into day 5 and the subsequently degraded pitch.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 12:54 AM
Chokedulkar in...or will Kohli get a deserved promotion to shield the Legend?

He'll do well today because India's not really under much pressure.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 12:57 AM
That was very close call. Huge gap between bat and pad there. SRT's not looking good so far.

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 12:58 AM
time for gambhir to take a break from test cricket, needs to get some confidence back.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 12:59 AM
Boult has begun to hit the high 130s with good swing. Great maiden over there.

Dilscoop
September 3, 2012, 12:59 AM
Give them ONE more over before lunch!! Tendulkar WILL fall.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 01:01 AM
Pujara looks weak against decent pace. Granted the Bengaluru wicket is quickish, but it still ain't anything like what we see in Australia, England or South Africa. I don't see him succeeding outside India.

Dilscoop
September 3, 2012, 01:01 AM
Take a single and get Talukdar on strike!

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 01:02 AM
Pujara looks weak against decent pace. Granted the Bengaluru wicket is quickish, but it still ain't anything in Australia, England or South Africa. I don't see him succeeding outside India.

well let's give him a chance, rahane waiting in the wings for anyone that fails, rohit also and tiwary. it's a problem for gambhir and sehwag to.

Dilscoop
September 3, 2012, 01:04 AM
Vaidya: "And all over the internet battles break out about Tendulkar and 4th innings chases. Old links, arguments, newspaper clippings and updated stats brought out overnight in preparation for this moment."

NO. ****. Fanboy

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 01:05 AM
Rahane should get a chance. I don't have a lot of faith in Nohit Sharma or Manoj Tiwary. I don't think they can do much outside the subcontinent.

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 01:11 AM
Rahane should get a chance. I don't have a lot of faith in Nohit Sharma or Manoj Tiwary. I don't think they can do much outside the subcontinent.

yeah rohit i've lost faith in, he's had quite a few chances and hasn't blossomed. haven't seen enough of tiwary, just seen him a couple of times. but his chances a few and far between and tbh the very first time i saw him wasn't that impressed but he's since scored a century and half century in ODIs, i know they came in the subcontinent but they brought back a little faith (mainly because he's chances are sporadic so scoring a ton in one-days and being in the team off and on is impressive to me, he took his chance).

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 01:12 AM
With Pujara and SRT looking shaky, NZL must be fancying their chances. That being said, these timely breaks usually favor SRT. I think he'll come out swinging to execute a carefully thought-out script packed with premeditated shots.

Great session ahead.

kiwibd
September 3, 2012, 01:17 AM
This is seriously the most disgusting perfomance from umpires in a series ive ever seen!! Patel given caught behind when he was nowhere near the ball, he was going well and could have gotten us more precious runs but no, indian paid umpires ofcourse saw an non existant edge. And to make it worse Steve trigger happy ( for kiwis) Davis doesent give tendulkar out when it was hitting off stump, and ofcourse the commentators brush it of as a close call and don't mention or show any more replays, whereas when mcculum wasnt given lbw yesterday, the indian commies went on about it for the next 2 hours, every time a new indian commie came on, first thing he did was show the replay and say it was plumb, but for the mighty tendulkar, no further replays and mentions... Atleast give us a level playing field UMPIRES!

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 01:18 AM
yeah both teams in with a chance here, if NZ can knock over pujara and tendu quickly after lunch then india will be on the back foot (though still favourites with kohli and dhoni still to come).

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 01:19 AM
This is seriously the most disgusting perfomance from umpires in a series ive ever seen!! Patel given caught behind when he was nowhere near the ball, he was going well and could have gotten us more precious runs but no, indian paid umpires ofcourse saw an non existant edge. And to make it worse Steve trigger happy ( for kiwis) Davis doesent give tendulkar out when it was hitting off stump, and ofcourse the commentators brush it of as a close call and don't mention or show any more replays, whereas when mcculum wasnt given lbw yesterday, the indian commies went on about it for the next 2 hours, every time a new indian commie came on, first thing he did was show the replay and say it was plumb, but for the mighty tendulkar, no further replays and mentions... Atleast give us a level playing field UMPIRES!

thus is life for the little teams. benefit of the doubt is given to the stronger teams, unfortunately.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 01:45 AM
Really good swing bowling's exposing Pujara even on an Indian wicket. It would be incredible if he manages to survive this.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 01:54 AM
Pujara plays an out of control shot but gets away with it. Getting antsy :lol:

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 01:56 AM
SRT gets hit on the pad again. Had that swung a little bit, that'd have been out.

Dilscoop
September 3, 2012, 01:58 AM
...indeed statistics are like a bikini, what they reveal is interesting, but what they conceal is vital!

This guy is a genius!

Sohel
SRT's struggling with straight and full deliveries.

Gowza
sohel brother, who would you pick to replace tendulkar if it was to happen right now?

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 02:02 AM
boundary then 2 from pujara. india 2/100

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 02:04 AM
2 more then another 4 from pujara.

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 02:05 AM
12 from the last over

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 02:16 AM
sohel brother, who would you pick to replace tendulkar if it was to happen right now?

One really can't. He's the last of the titans so speak from the golden generation of Indian batsmen. SRT, VVS, Dravid and Ganguly got runs everywhere around the globe and made them into a competitive side outside India, and a formidable one in their own country.

Kohli has replaced just one of them and may outscore everyone other than SRT, even that may be subject to discussion in a few years, but I don't see 3 other guys stepping up. Maybe Dhoni and a new and improved Yuvraj can replace a couple more for a few years, but guys like Rahane, Pujara, Sharma, Tiwary and Badrinath and nowhere near that class especially in foreign conditions. Even Gambhir isn't. I think they'll see many more Jaffers, Chopras and Dases before they get another Kohli. How guys like Rahane and Bisla do at the highest level remains to be seen.

I don't see India remaining very competitive in the longer formats outside the subcontinent once SRT retires.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 02:18 AM
NZL is quickly losing the plot by bowling to Pujara's strengths :facepalm:

What happened to those swinging deliveries at pace all of a sudden?

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 02:20 AM
One really can't. He's the last of the titans so speak from the golden generation of Indian batsmen. SRT, VVS, Dravid and Ganguly got runs everywhere around the globe and made them into a competitive side outside India, and a formidable one in their own country.

Kohli has replaced just one of them and may outscore everyone other than SRT, even that may be subject to discussion in a few years, but I don't see 3 other guys stepping up. Maybe Dhoni and a new and improved Yuvraj can replace a couple more for a few years, but guys like Rahane, Pujara, Sharma, Tiwary and Badrinath and nowhere near that class especially in foreign conditions. Even Gambhir isn't. I think they'll see many more Jaffers, Chopras and Dases before they get another Kohli. How guys like Rahane and Bisla do at the highest level remains to be seen.

I don't India remaining very competitive in the longer formats outside the subcontinent once SRT retires.

i guess we'll have to see how they go outside of the subcontinent, give them a bit of time as they've not got to much experience and some of them might be capable of learning. chand looks very good at this stage of his career and has performed more than once in australia so he could be someone who will step up eventually.

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 02:22 AM
wow pujara taking off, built his strike rate up to 60.

Achilles
September 3, 2012, 02:26 AM
Really good swing bowling's exposing Pujara even on an Indian wicket. It would be incredible if he manages to survive this.

Hi. Just wanted to comment on your "Indian wicket" bit. This is a rather alien Indian wicket in Bangalore. Its' hard, bouncy and due to non stop rains for the past one month it remained covered right upto a day before the test began. So it has a lot of moisture underneath.

The other factor you need to keep in mind is Bangalore. Its one Indian city that stays rather cool throughout the year. Conditions are a lot like an English summer. Thats one of the reasons why the British Indian army built the city as a rest home for weary soldiers and its also very close to Ooty.

So, I disagree with this "Indian wicket" bit........

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 02:29 AM
^Please read one of my earlier posts in this thread where I classified this Bengaluru wicket as quickish. What I meant by "Indian" is "familiar", not "slow and low". :)

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 02:32 AM
i guess we'll have to see how they go outside of the subcontinent, give them a bit of time as they've not got to much experience and some of them might be capable of learning. chand looks very good at this stage of his career and has performed more than once in australia so he could be someone who will step up eventually.

Chand has a long way to go IMO. I rate our own Bijauy ahead of him at this point. Luckily for India, they play enough quality FC, Academy and A Team cricket to develop him. We don't have that luxury.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 02:34 AM
NZL has lost the plot completely. The Fat Lady is in the house already.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 02:35 AM
Now a missed stumping.

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 02:35 AM
Chand has a long way to go IMO. I rate our own Bijauy ahead of him. Luckily for India, they play enough quality FC, Academy and A Team cricket to develop him. We don't have that luxury.

of course chand does have a way to go but he's impressive for his age, not just for talent but for the fact that he performs big innings in important matches and is capable of doing it outside of the subcontinent, i know u19s is far from senior international cricket, doing alright in FC cricket so far though so imo he has a great chance of becoming a really good player, but not expecting it yet of course.

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 02:38 AM
tendulkar is opening his shoulders now, starting to increase the run rate

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 02:39 AM
Vintage :four: from SRT. Stand tall and deliver with perfect touch and economy of movement. He is the personification of elegance and class when on song like this.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 02:43 AM
Yet another twist in the plot as rain mitigates India's momentum.

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 02:44 AM
this rain could make things interesting.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 03:42 AM
It would be even more interesting if the day gets rained out. India's lost momentum and a degraded wicket would put NZL right back in the game.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 04:07 AM
SRT edges one for :four: through the slips. Nobody's at 3rd slip.

:out: SRT gets bowled as Southee gets him. Bowl fast, full and straight with a bit of swing and let the chips fall where they may.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 04:08 AM
NZL should use Boult from the other side.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 04:11 AM
Taylor's persisting with Patel. He's doing pretty well with the ball gripping and turning a bit. His length has been perfect but he should try and use available drift.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 04:15 AM
Pujara looks as though he could be related to our Mosharraf Hossain Rubel, the ordinary SLA Rafiq picked as his protégé.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 04:24 AM
Kohli looks neither uncomfortable nor in a hurry out there. Gotta love the maturity and the temperament of this 23YO.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 04:26 AM
:out: Patel finally gets Pujara. Great bowling and a fabulous catch. Pujara too showed a lot of character throughout his innings.

kiwibd
September 3, 2012, 04:29 AM
4 down! no matter the result, they have brought faith back for the kiwis! If only the umpiring was upto scratch this could have been even more tighter!

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 04:30 AM
Boult should get Raina with pace (high 130s) and swing as long as it's straight and full.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 04:33 AM
Good maiden by Boult well seen through by Kohli. This is good cricket. This is why nothing beats test cricket.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 04:37 AM
Classy cover drive from Kohli for :four:. Perfect balance.

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 04:37 AM
4 from kohli means there is less than 100 to get.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 04:42 AM
:out: Raina departs. What a joke at this level! Just can't handle the pressure of a bowler bowling well to a set field without hokey field restrictions :lol:

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 04:42 AM
raina gone, now can they give someone else ago?

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 04:43 AM
Patel is delivering an incredible spell of fine spin bowling. Taylor's faith in him is playing off big time!

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 04:44 AM
kohli and dhoni left to do the work again.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 04:46 AM
Well timed :four: from Kohli. Wonderful to see this unfazed 23YO wait for a hittable delivery and then putt it away with authority.

shams91
September 3, 2012, 04:49 AM
One more wicket and tail is exposed, what a test.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 05:38 AM
Kohli and Dhoni look composed and determined to finish this.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 05:49 AM
Less than 50 to win now.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 05:53 AM
If Kohli stays not out, his test average will hit 40 for the first time. It can only go up from there. What a player!

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 05:55 AM
Bowling short to either one of these is a bad idea. Neither is out of balance or loses control when he puts it away.

kiwibd
September 3, 2012, 06:02 AM
If Kohli stays not out, his test average will hit 40 for the first time. It can only go up from there. What a player!
Hopefully our fans will understand that when newcomers like anamul and mominul first get into the national side, it takes time to learn and master your game at the top level. Hope no hating occurs if they don't start of well.

kiwibd
September 3, 2012, 06:04 AM
This test along with the last 2 EngvsSA tests have been great for test cricket, all exciting games with close finishes!

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 06:08 AM
Hopefully our fans will understand that when newcomers like anamul and mominul first get into the national side, it takes time to learn and master your game at the top level. Hope no hating occurs if they don't start of well.

Sad to say this, hating will occur without a doubt. Then the euphoric loving before the their emotions fluctuate with fluctuations in player performances. We have way too many fair-weather fans in Bangladesh who love the team because of national pride and what not, but don't really understand cricket, its history and norms, and any of its nuances.

A genuine cricket culture also takes time to develop :)

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 06:15 AM
Less than 20 to win now. NZL batters let the team down and substandard umpiring helped too. Their bowlers were in good form. Patel has been a revelation with Southee and Boult doing well.

:50: for Kohli.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 06:17 AM
Dhoni wins it with a :six:

simon
September 3, 2012, 06:25 AM
congrats India.
NZ can't play spin ,it's as simple as that.
Whatever they knew forgot due to Vettori's absence.
I wish we could have a test series against NZ.
Rather than playing/inviting Zim , although a Test series against Zim would be good.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 07:36 AM
Pujara looked painfully uncomfortable against quality spin, pace, drift and swing at fullish length. But, he may have done enough to play at least a couple of more test matches. I don't see him succeeding in Australia, England or RSA.

Gowza
September 5, 2012, 09:23 PM
someone for india to keep an eye on since he opens and GG and sehwag aren't doing so well and mukund looked out of depth when given his chances. PA Reddy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThukLHm6VTc

Habib
September 11, 2012, 11:57 AM
Beating India in India is not an easy feat. Feeling sorry for Yuvi though.
Congratz NZ. Those who are thinking beating NZ in the WC will be easy, think again.

SS
September 11, 2012, 12:43 PM
Beating India in India is not an easy feat. Feeling sorry for Yuvi though.

Amago kobor ase jodi Tamim and Motin kisu na kore taile jitte parum na..onno gula to khali 20 30 koira out hoibo...bowling to aki dosha ...M'ullah mone hoi unnoti korse...

agree Nz deserves deserves kudos especially bowlers to restrict Ind as they got such good batting..Kohli shines again...Yuvi seems to be back...damn gota give credit to his mental strength...Motin needs to hang out with this guy and give him some hilsa if he can give him some tipcs to gain mental strength

Achilles
September 11, 2012, 01:34 PM
Pujara looked painfully uncomfortable against quality spin, pace, drift and swing at fullish length. But, he may have done enough to play at least a couple of more test matches. I don't see him succeeding in Australia, England or RSA.

Sohel...Hi...are we talking about the same Pujara? Or are you in a diiferent universe?....Or maybe you are overlooking his amazing beginning against the Aussies and the Saffers.....or maybe you are just plain nitpicking.......on the matter if succeeding against opponents he has done well against (in the past)....only time will tell...but I can tell you one thing....he will do way better than a lot of players especially from your neck of the woods.....sorry if it offends you....but maybe you need to be less biased against Indian players! Oh and for the records....no one has been confortable against spin, pace, drift and swing at fullish length on a consistent basis!

AsifTheManRahman
September 11, 2012, 02:00 PM
Sohel...Hi...are we talking about the same Pujara? Or are you in a diiferent universe?....Or maybe you are overlooking his amazing beginning against the Aussies and the Saffers.....or maybe you are just plain nitpicking.......on the matter if succeeding against opponents he has done well against (in the past)....only time will tell...but I can tell you one thing....he will do way better than a lot of players especially from your neck of the woods.....sorry if it offends you....but maybe you need to be less biased against Indian players! Oh and for the records....no one has been confortable against spin, pace, drift and swing at fullish length on a consistent basis!
OK, the part in bold just pissed me right off. You want to argue with the points he made, fine, but don't take things out of context. Just because he is Bangladeshi doesn't mean he has to worship every Indian player that's out there. Show me where in his post he dissed Indian players in general or claimed that Bangladeshi batsmen are superior. Please, show me, because you seem to see something that I don't.

Maybe you should do your research before you jerk your knee? Go look at the name of the guy who opened this (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=41559) thread. Show me where in that thread the same guy hasn't praised Kohli profusely to the point where it seems he'd marry him if he had the chance. Please show me, because you seem to see something that I don't.

It's so easy to just jump on somebody and so hard to challenge their argument without making it personal, isn't it? Not allowed to criticize players of a certain background just because someone is from a certain place that doesn't produce great cricketers? What kind of racist crap is that? Are you going to remind a cricket fan from Mongolia about the virtually non-existent state of his country's cricket the minute he posts something negative about a Test player?

Keep things in context.

Ajfar
September 11, 2012, 03:00 PM
^ +1. For some reason India/Pak always feel the need to rub in the fact that we don't have any great players when we talk about their palayers. As if just because we are BD supporter we don't have the right to judge their player.

JamshedPK
September 11, 2012, 03:03 PM

Oh God Indian Players:facepalm:... In T20 @ Home lost 2 NZ, Dhoni The Hero:
22 of 23 balls, strike rate: 95.65, where others had minimum strike rate of 120+. In normal pitches ( bit hard pitch's, as Indian play on flat pitches), this guys sucks, I just wish on Sept 17 the pitch is a good one, see ajmal make indian batsmen look like a fool. :up:

JamshedPK
September 11, 2012, 03:09 PM
^ +1. For some reason India/Pak always feel the need to rub in the fact that we don't have any great players when we talk about their palayers. As if just because we are BD supporter we don't have the right to judge their player.

how can you say only india and pakistan, you should add Ireland, Afghanistan, scotland and Netherland (they all believe in the same concept, BD is a capable team to beat) I hope Bangla invites team's like Kenya + Canada for some tours:)

Zeeshan
September 11, 2012, 03:54 PM
Agree wholeheartedly with Asif's post. Sohel is one of the most liberal minded Bangladeshi out there who I know, he gives credit where it's due, and I even learned from him that one can attach (pbuh) after Sri Kishna as well too out of respect.

And what is funny is how these random posters only pop up to make a mountain out of molehill while, as Asif pointed out, not bothering to do research.

Ajfar
September 11, 2012, 04:22 PM
how can you say only india and pakistan, you should add Ireland, Afghanistan, scotland and Netherland (they all believe in the same concept, BD is a capable team to beat) I hope Bangla invites team's like Kenya + Canada for some tours:)

Genius, did you even read what I wrote?? Where did I say which teams thinks that they are capable of beating us? I said some India/Pak fans think BD supporters have no right to judge India/Pak players because our players are not good.

Read what people write first, try to understand what people are talking about before making completely random post.

Dilscoop
September 11, 2012, 04:25 PM
LOL @ Dhoni blaming the pitch. You lost by ONE run, it wasn't the pitch. Way to take the responsibility for your failures.

48 from 40, RR: 9.15, RRR: 7.00 -- when he walked in. Even if the pitch was dug up and changed completely, you gotta get those runs with SEVEN wickets in hand, specially with Indian line up, in home condition.

I'm not jumping on India for losing. I'm not one of those people who looks for every chance they get to bash the other teams. I am just highly disappointed @ Dhoni's comments.

Genius, did you even read what I wrote?? Where did I say which teams thinks that they are capable of beating us? I said some India/Pak fans think BD supporters have no right to judge India/Pak players because our players are not good.

Read what people write first, try to understand what people are talking about before making completely random post.

:lol: He just topped Dhnoi's comments...

scoilaheez
September 11, 2012, 07:14 PM
James Franklin was highly impressive with the ball. His slower ball is something our players will have to watch some footage of. If he gets through 4 good overs with the ball it makes their team a lot stronger proposition.

Achilles
September 12, 2012, 03:02 AM
OK, the part in bold just pissed me right off. You want to argue with the points he made, fine, but don't take things out of context. Just because he is Bangladeshi doesn't mean he has to worship every Indian player that's out there. Show me where in his post he dissed Indian players in general or claimed that Bangladeshi batsmen are superior. Please, show me, because you seem to see something that I don't.

Maybe you should do your research before you jerk your knee? Go look at the name of the guy who opened this (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=41559) thread. Show me where in that thread the same guy hasn't praised Kohli profusely to the point where it seems he'd marry him if he had the chance. Please show me, because you seem to see something that I don't.

It's so easy to just jump on somebody and so hard to challenge their argument without making it personal, isn't it? Not allowed to criticize players of a certain background just because someone is from a certain place that doesn't produce great cricketers? What kind of racist crap is that? Are you going to remind a cricket fan from Mongolia about the virtually non-existent state of his country's cricket the minute he posts something negative about a Test player?

Keep things in context.

Ok. When Sohel makes a sweeping statement on a player all of 5 tests old, that he will not succeed.....that is dissing.....or maybe you still dont see it. Pujara is good...will he be great? I dont know. But I for one will not say that I cannot see him succeeding.

Second point - what else do you do but praise Kohli? He is having a fantastic second season is it not? But then if you go by his entry in to cricket....he wasn't all that hot....just showing that he is learning fast. Thats why Sohel's point on Pujara was not correct. We still have to wait and watch.

Point 3.....sweeping statements that convey nothing cuts both ways.....when I dissed Bangladeshi players....all you guys made a mountain out of a moelhill too? Didnt you not feel aggrieved? And I had not highlighted that statement. I just made it like Sohel...who said that he dosen't see Pujara succeed against Australia, Englad and South Africa.

Point 4....you guys talk of research.....what resesarch on a man only 5 tests old? I have been following his batting for about 7-8 years now....he has the technique and patience for Test cricket. He also has the shots and balance and on a bouncy track with windy conditions he did allright. Only time will tell. Right now research on only 8 innings is neither here nor there.

Zeeshan
September 12, 2012, 03:16 AM
I think this discussion will ultimately reach What Achilles said to the Tortoise, ie pretty much go around in circle.

Sohel can defend himself but let me give you an example of the trigger-fire response from Point #4. By research, what we meant was not on the player but on the member you accuse of bias. :facepalm:

Also it seems he committed a crime by making a "sweeping statement"; to reiterate Asif, do all of us have to "worship" the Indian players? You just proved what we were trying to drive at it.

Oh well.

AsifTheManRahman
September 12, 2012, 08:03 AM
Achilles, I see my post went way over your head. Go take Reading 101 and then we'll talk.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Ajfar
September 12, 2012, 08:55 AM
Achilles one yes/no type question for you, the original post from Sohel bro that you quoted, did it mention anything about how BD batsman would do in comparison to Pujara? Just a yes or No will do.

Dilscoop
September 12, 2012, 11:46 AM
Ok, ok, ok. Lets say SNR was too quick to judge Pujara. Even then, does that have ANYTHING to do with how players from SNR's country play? Another yes or no question.

Sohel can defend himself but let me give you an example of the trigger-fire response from Point #4. By research, what we meant was not on the player but on the member you accuse of bias. :facepalm:

Lol. *Whoosh* Did he even read that post?

Achilles
September 12, 2012, 02:10 PM
Achilles, I see my post went way over your head. Go take Reading 101 and then we'll talk.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Good for you. Yeah it went way above my head......you should be happy...have fun. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?...Non in my opinion....

Achilles
September 12, 2012, 02:15 PM
Achilles one yes/no type question for you, the original post from Sohel bro that you quoted, did it mention anything about how BD batsman would do in comparison to Pujara? Just a yes or No will do.

No. As an answer....my opinion....he was dissing! PUJARA.....so I compared Pujara to some Bangladeshi batsmen.....anyways...you guys win this argument....in 10 years time...we can get back and discuss Test averages....and see where we stand. My point was dont diss an Indian batsmen on the basis of 5 tests......because if you do the I have every right to diss your batsmen with considerable more tests who have amounted to nothing......and sorry if this truts hurts!

Ajfar
September 12, 2012, 02:27 PM
^ No the truth doesn't hurt, what it does is hurts your argument. So according to you BD fans have no right to 'judge' your Indian batsmans simply because of the fact that we are BD fans? Read I used the word judge not diss. Maybe you should put away your bias and read his post for what it is, which is simply a cricket fan's opinion on a cricket player. His opinion on Pujara is in no way related to where he is from or which team he support.

All he said was Pujara looked uncomfortable against certain kind of bowling? How in the world did you get diss from that?

Pujara's ability as a batsman is in no way related the the quality of Batsmans BD has. If you think his judgement is wrong on Pujara than argue with him regarding Pujara's ability as a btsman. You brining in the fact that BD batsman's suck makes your argument weak. You are so desperate to get back at him for 'dissing' your batsman, you have to take a cheap shot.

AsifTheManRahman
September 12, 2012, 02:36 PM
^ No the truth doesn't hurt, what it does is hurts your argument. So according to you BD fans have no right to 'judge' your Indian batsmans simply because of the fact that we are BD fans? Read I used the word judge not diss. Maybe you should put away your bias and read his post for what it is, which is simply a cricket fan's opinion on a cricket player. His opinion on Pujara is in no way related to where he is from or which team he support.

All he said was Pujara looked uncomfortable against certain kind of bowling? How in the world did you get diss from that?

Pujara's ability as a batsman is in no way related the the quality of Batsmans BD has. If you think his judgement is wrong on Pujara than argue with him regarding Pujara's ability as a btsman. You brining in the fact that BD batsman's suck makes your argument weak. You are so desperate to get back at him for 'dissing' your batsman, you have to take a cheap shot.
And that's how you read. Watch and learn, for those who can't.

Dilscoop
September 12, 2012, 03:22 PM
^ Write*

Next time I see an Indian commenting on fast bowlers ... *push up my sleeves*

Neel Here
September 12, 2012, 03:24 PM
LOL @ Dhoni blaming the pitch. You lost by ONE run, it wasn't the pitch. Way to take the responsibility for your failures.

:smh:

this is what he actually said :
Dhoni said that he was not going to offer any excuses for the late choke that did India in. "I felt it was definitely not out of reach at any stage, especially after the platform set by Kohli," he said. "We planned to take it till the end. We had two set batsmen. We reached a good position in the end but sometimes it doesn't work out. It was tough on Rohit Sharma, given the situation he came out to bat, but Yuvi and I should have finished it off, so I take the blame."

Dilscoop
September 12, 2012, 03:34 PM
:smh:

this is what he actually said :

Yeaaaahh, you got me. But NO. I commented as Dhoni was talking in there presentation ceremony. And this is what he said, CI: "The wicket slowed down and it was difficult to hit. But we should have won." He said NOTHING about his batting failure and blamed the pitch instead for 1 run loss.

Now, I wasn't going to read every article that came out after the match to find out whether he finally accepted it or not. But he was blaming the pitch while my comment was posted.

Then again, I support the BD team, and Dhoni > Rahim; therefore, I have no right to comment/criticize/diss or even mention Dhoni. Oops.

Neel Here
September 12, 2012, 03:44 PM
yeah, throw a hissy fit ! :D it's no less than what I expect from you. :lol:

just a hint : pitch slowing down is a fact, as anyone who watched the match (AND understands a li'l cricket) could see. that doesn't equate to 'blaming the pitch for the loss'.
comprende ?

Dilscoop
September 12, 2012, 03:56 PM
Yeah, here you go, as usual, take it off topic. First you try to prove that I misquoted Dhoni, "this is what he actually said" with a little SMH, which you failed to prove. And now you insult me by questioning my knowledge.

Yup, pitch slowed down, as soon as Dhoni came to bat, from 14-15th over. Because that's how long it takes for the pitch to slow down so drastically, that you can't get run a ball. I didn't see UV having any trouble rotating the strike at the other end. As you pointed out, even Dhoni himself took the blame. So Idk what you are on about. Me blaming Dhoni for the loss is inaccurate?

AsifTheManRahman
September 12, 2012, 04:01 PM
^ Write*

Read. He read my post for what it was.

Dilscoop
September 12, 2012, 04:02 PM
:smh: This is why I hate commenting on anything related to India. I bring this guy out of his hole every time I mention anything related to India :facepalm:.

[/Post like Neel]

Dilscoop
September 12, 2012, 04:03 PM
Read. He read my post for what it was.

You should add write too then.

Achilles
September 15, 2012, 02:37 PM
^ Write*

Nopes Mate....dont fix something that aint broke....go the distance....swivel your arm past 18 degrees and you have a true blue islander fast bowler....man...rolling up your sleeves works for the rest of us.....

Achilles
September 15, 2012, 02:41 PM

Nopes Mate....merely distributing the dissing christmas....like your brothers were trying to defend dissing Pujara as something that only I could see and not them.....Merry Chrostmas...Cinstable.....

senman
September 16, 2012, 05:04 PM
@Achilles
As a fellow Indian I know what a great prospect Pujara is for India. While I agree he is a good bat but everyone can have a opinion right? if/when it differs from ours lets point out 'how its wrong' instead of comparing & undermining Bangladeshi players. Some forums even allow extreme abuse against Indians (hint: a certain Sri Lankan one) and BC is not them so lets have a healthy debate. Cheers :up:

Gowza
September 16, 2012, 05:13 PM
let's talk cricket people, not take shots at each other please. btw i think pujara is a great prospect, we'll see how he goes over the next couple of years.

Zunaid
September 16, 2012, 05:54 PM
Thank you Senman and Gowza. To all - BC is not the place for playing games of one up manship. Friendly rivalry is fine but the operative word is friendly. All else will be dealt with no matter the source.

- Admin

Achilles
September 21, 2012, 04:52 PM
Thank you Senman and Gowza. To all - BC is not the place for playing games of one up manship. Friendly rivalry is fine but the operative word is friendly. All else will be dealt with no matter the source.

- Admin

Zunaid Bhai....Please do also try and thank me.....I object to someone dissing Pujara,,,after 5 innings....its not in me to Diss Bangladeshi players...heck I lived for 10 years in Dhaka, love that country and my Dad was born there...its just the casual way he was dissed that set me off....and it also implies whats good for the goose is good for the gander....a diss here implies a diss there....and lets not talk of the Lankans.....anyways sorry my take on this thing...

Achilles
September 21, 2012, 04:55 PM
@Achilles
As a fellow Indian I know what a great prospect Pujara is for India. While I agree he is a good bat but everyone can have a opinion right? if/when it differs from ours lets point out 'how its wrong' instead of comparing & undermining Bangladeshi players. Some forums even allow extreme abuse against Indians (hint: a certain Sri Lankan one) and BC is not them so lets have a healthy debate. Cheers :up:

Agree.....so now lets pledge to fix the arm twisting Lankans!...:)) BTW I was trying to point our how they were wrong....then the Lankan decided to be a sanctimonius.!@#$%^&........and this after 20 years off being called on the field.....:)