PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh Team Emblem

zia
August 25, 2012, 03:18 AM
I believe Bangladesh team emblem is very clumsy. The National Memorial and face of the tiger is out of proportion. We tried to put in, I guess, too many objects in a tiny place. I am for changing it and making it better. What is your idea?

Zeeshan
August 25, 2012, 03:24 AM
Seriously? Whoever designed it did a really good job. Heck now I want to know who. The sombre face of tiger, plus the national memorial --- all resonate well.

@thread opener

What's your idea? Put up a design then we can critique it. :)

Zunaid
August 25, 2012, 04:21 AM
Even better - post all the emblems of the top 12 nations and let is compare and critique. Why? It;s in our nature.

Habib
August 25, 2012, 04:32 AM
I'm quite happy with the emblem. It has a big time feel to it. I'd rather see some change in our jersey design.

zia
August 25, 2012, 04:35 AM
Seriously? Whoever designed it did a really good job. Heck now I want to know who. The sombre face of tiger, plus the national memorial --- all resonate well.

@thread opener

What's your idea? Put up a design then we can critique it. :)

I am no designer so I will not dare venture in to designing. I just wanted to know how everyone feel about the elmblem.

playmaker
August 25, 2012, 04:35 AM
why people even had to bring up this topic?

Maysun
August 25, 2012, 04:38 AM
Wonder if Dilscoop can make it any better! :D ;)

kalpurush
August 25, 2012, 04:41 AM
Even better - post all the emblems of the top 12 nations and let is compare and critique. Why? It;s in our nature.
Here you go...
http://deepaknegi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/cricket-world_cup_logos-all-teams.jpg

Maysun
August 25, 2012, 04:46 AM
SA and England emblems look the best.

zia
August 25, 2012, 04:47 AM
Good idea. I down loaded them but how do I post them on the thread. Please help.

Zunaid
August 25, 2012, 04:49 AM
To me CA is tops. Very current. Clean. Modern. Some of the others have passed due date.

kalpurush
August 25, 2012, 05:12 AM
+1 on CA

kalpurush
August 25, 2012, 05:16 AM
Good idea. I down loaded them but how do I post them on the thread. Please help.
Why don't you just copy and paste?

The other method is: you have to upload photos to image hosting site like Photobucket, then embed the link at BC, if I am not wrong!

Navo
August 25, 2012, 07:24 AM
I personally don't think the emblem is that bad. The jersey can be poor at times, but the emblem, when properly printed/stitched, looks quite nice.

Dilscoop
August 25, 2012, 09:14 AM
hmmm....

fuadomar
August 25, 2012, 11:01 AM
Our one is looking good after Australia.

Night_wolf
August 25, 2012, 11:12 AM
CA has the best one no doubt..i also like the dutch one..ours isn't bad either comparing with the rest

zinatf
August 25, 2012, 12:21 PM
+2 to Australia. Ours is 2nd best

Dilscoop
August 25, 2012, 12:31 PM
Australia's got 2 logos. One they put jersey/helmet is different from that one posted above.

al Furqaan
August 25, 2012, 12:34 PM
Ours us good... Of course a remake could be better but it could also be worse

roman
August 25, 2012, 12:47 PM
Ours is not bad. Austalia has the best one IMHO

Shaan
August 25, 2012, 01:57 PM
australia's one best, then ours !!

Dilscoop
August 25, 2012, 02:20 PM
Emblems are all about meanings, not about how it looks. Creating a new one won't make sense. It have that value, the history behind it. This logo has a history. It was the start of a new era. Then of course teams/leagues decide to modify and tweak a few things here and there and make it modern, keep it up to date. And I'm okay with that. I might fix the tiger face a bit, tweak the shield a bit.

Green Tea
August 25, 2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.saach.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Bangladesh-Cricket-Board-Logo.gif

I like our current logo.:applause:

NoName
August 25, 2012, 03:40 PM
Australia's and Netherlands are good, WI's is funny but unique and Zim+Kenya are bad imo.

kalpurush
August 26, 2012, 02:48 AM
but unique and Zim+Kenya are bad imo.
They are different than the rest...for sure!

Naimul_Hd
August 26, 2012, 03:01 AM
http://www.saach.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Bangladesh-Cricket-Board-Logo.gif

I like our current logo.:applause:

yep. The best thing about that logo is the Bangla writing of 'Bangladesh' ! :up: to the designer !

Sohel
August 26, 2012, 03:22 AM
I feel our badge is conceptually great from start (Bangladesh written in Bangla rather than "sweeter sounding" Urdu, Arabic or English) to finish (Jatiyo Sriti Shoudho & Tiger) but somewhat lacking in design execution. I have some ideas I'll develop and post here later.

Any self respecting Bangladeshi -- not Bangalistani, Bandian or "hami valo vengali volte fari-na" uppity ABCD, BBCD and FOB -- who cares to know who and what we are should be touched by the concept behind the badge.

cricket_king
August 26, 2012, 03:23 AM
I like our logo, can't see anything that could be improved vastly.

Isnaad
August 26, 2012, 03:35 AM
CA does have the best of all logos. Then comes BCB. So I guess it's fine. Besides I really love the fact that Bangladesh is written in Bangla on top. No other board has it written in their own language (Excepting the English speaking countries that is)

frd
August 26, 2012, 04:12 AM
CA does have the best of all logos. Then comes BCB. So I guess it's fine. Besides I really love the fact that Bangladesh is written in Bangla on top. No other board has it written in their own language (Excepting the English speaking countries that is)
ditto :up:

Roey Haque
August 26, 2012, 04:38 AM
I understand what you mean Zia. It's not that our emblem is bad, it's just that it's the most detailed one after comparing it to all others. That tiger face is not clean cut, and is actually just an animated pic pasted inside the shield. Most of other logos feature clear lines. Ours would too, but that Tiger face messes it up. Zunaid praised Aus's emblem on the merit of cleanliness. Ours is definitely one of the less cleaner ones. But we have become accustomed to it, and personally it doesn't matter to me whether we change it or not.

But as someone has said before, when we reshape the whole structure of the BCB, an emblem upheaval would be more than welcomed. And in this case, I do believe there are lot of things to be sorted out inside the BCB and thus I'm in favor of the logo change.

Keep it 100,

Roey

Roey Haque
August 26, 2012, 04:44 AM
Australia's and Netherlands are good, WI's is funny but unique and Zim+Kenya are bad imo.

I like Zim's one the best! Funny how perceptions differ between people.

Keep it 100,

Roey

Zunaid
August 26, 2012, 05:01 AM
I do like the elements in the Bangladesh logo - can be simplified and modernized without removing the spirit. I do like Zimbabwe's.

As for Kenya Cricket - I'm not sure that's the official logo with the lion's body. Looks bad.

However, what's listed officially on their web as well as on wiki is the following. Which I think is damn cool. Not too keen on the font though.

http://answers.bettor.com/images/Articles/thumbs/extralarge/2010_12_7-2010_12_7_8_45_34-jpg-46672.jpg

BANFAN
August 26, 2012, 06:21 AM
yep. The best thing about that logo is the Bangla writing of 'Bangladesh' ! :up: to the designer !

Our one is truly clumsy ... And that shape...?? It suits better with Police, Military etc, or at best the boards formed before a century... ....

zia
August 26, 2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks, Kalpurush for your suggestion. How are you? It's been a while. Take care.

zia
August 26, 2012, 10:57 AM
"i understand what you mean Zia. It's not that our emblem is bad, it's just that it's the most detailed one after comparing it to all others. That tiger face is not clean cut, and is actually just an animated pic pasted inside the shield. Most of other logos feature clear lines. Ours would too, but that Tiger face messes it up. Zunaid praised Aus's emblem on the merit of cleanliness. Ours is definitely one of the less cleaner ones. But we have become accustomed to it, and personally it doesn't matter to me whether we change it or not.

But as someone has said before, when we reshape the whole structure of the BCB, an emblem upheaval would be more than welcomed. And in this case, I do believe there are lot of things to be sorted out inside the BCB and thus I'm in favor of the logo change.

Keep it 100,"

Well said. We got to make a start. It could well be the first step. Thanks.

Night_wolf
August 26, 2012, 11:03 AM
Our one is truly clumsy ... And that shape...?? It suits better with Police, Military etc, or at best the boards formed before a century... ....

have to agree here, i dont like the shape, its more like a police badge as you said..other then the shape its ok