PDA

View Full Version : Australia vs Pakistan 2012

Dilscoop
August 25, 2012, 10:07 AM
Fixture (http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-australia-2012/content/series/571129.html?template=fixtures)

Aus playing Afg atm. Big day for Afg cricket. Going well so far. 74/1 after 16.

Dilscoop
August 25, 2012, 10:10 AM
As we all witnessed before doing the T20 WC, these guys are def well built. Easily more fitter than any of the subcon teams.

Where is Hamid Hasan?

hoodlum
August 25, 2012, 11:24 AM
As we all witnessed before doing the T20 WC, these guys are def well built. Easily more fitter than any of the subcon teams.

Where is Hamid Hasan?

Hamid Hasan is injured.

Afghanistan fast bowlers seems to be quite quick. They definitely look very confident and easily can compete with any team now.

Dilscoop
August 25, 2012, 11:35 AM
^ Def looks confident. Also much better fielding unit.

Ajfar
August 25, 2012, 12:40 PM
272/8. Afghanistan lost it at the end ,gave away 50+ runs in the last 5 over, but nonetheless good effort from them. I hope they can put up a fight.

Dilscoop
August 25, 2012, 12:49 PM
^ Their batting will collapse as often the Asso. batting do.

Ajfar
August 25, 2012, 01:18 PM
Afghanistan starts off the chase with a boundary. Go Afghanistan!!

Dilscoop
August 25, 2012, 02:06 PM
I need a Link!

10sports is very annoying though. You can always hear people on the BG. And on field mic are so loud! :facepalm:

MohammedC
August 25, 2012, 03:24 PM
Afghanistan 124/4 after 28.3

Can they do it?

NoName
August 25, 2012, 03:32 PM
I like the AFG comeback, if these guys could put on another 50+ runs then they might have a chance.

MohammedC
August 25, 2012, 03:52 PM
121 of 90 balls. Come on Afghanistan. You have nothing to loose.

MohammedC
August 25, 2012, 03:56 PM
Dangerman is in trouble.

MohammedC
August 25, 2012, 03:58 PM
108 of 85 now. Afgan's are playing a game of their life.

Navo
August 25, 2012, 03:59 PM
Poor Stanikzai is cramping :(

They have awesome fight in them, these Afghanis!

MohammedC
August 25, 2012, 04:05 PM
Its all most all over for them. But hats off Afghanistan. You are improving and there is no doubt

MohammedC
August 25, 2012, 04:28 PM
If the opponent was Bangladesh today. Then Afghanistan will definitely win it.

75 of 53

MohammedC
August 25, 2012, 04:34 PM
Oh well good try Afghanistan

NoName
August 25, 2012, 05:08 PM
It's ridiculous that ICC scrapped away the runner system, the poor guy was playing well with so much cramps, kudos to him.

Kohli_Sox
August 25, 2012, 06:09 PM
Well played AFG, showed some fight

Gowza
August 25, 2012, 07:50 PM
Good showing from AFG, good to see wade get runs was expecting a big one from Warner and was hoping for some fireworks from maxwell.

Naimul_Hd
August 28, 2012, 04:48 AM
Australia's main opponent is not Pakistan, but the hot and humid weather of UAE.

Naimul_Hd
August 28, 2012, 04:49 AM
http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/149100/149143.jpg

Pak's training kits look cool :)

SS
August 28, 2012, 02:55 PM
Pakistan spinners are so worldclass that they get early break throughs...it looks spin is now their main strength rather than pace bowling...Waqar Wasim Aqib to Ajmal Hafeez Afridi

ialbd
August 28, 2012, 04:25 PM
46 runs with 5 wickets and 52 balls remaining, Aus might just pull it off... unless there is a double strike in one of the remaining overs....

p.s: sigh.... when do we get to play the Aussies? is it in this decade?

Nadim
August 31, 2012, 10:11 AM
Warner going super slow;14 off 49:wow: so far...stuggling to find gaps against spinners
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Nadim
August 31, 2012, 10:33 AM
Warner's kayesque innings over..

BengaliPagol
August 31, 2012, 06:15 PM
Australia cant play spin and Australia also have no spinners.

Gowza
August 31, 2012, 06:18 PM
australia's batting talent is no good atm, warner and wade are probably the best of the youngsters....good fast bowling talent though.

BengaliPagol
August 31, 2012, 06:47 PM
^ they do have the talent. Its just not clicking for them atm. And it certainly doesnt help them when they have no spinners. I rate Aaron Finch very highly. To me he would fit perfectly with Warner at the top of the order. But Matt Wade is doing well so Finch isnt needed atm. Peter Forrest was a good ommision for the team. He is generally too slow. Daniel Harris is another batsmen that can be considered.

Gowza
August 31, 2012, 07:40 PM
^ they do have the talent. Its just not clicking for them atm. And it certainly doesnt help them when they have no spinners. I rate Aaron Finch very highly. To me he would fit perfectly with Warner at the top of the order. But Matt Wade is doing well so Finch isnt needed atm. Peter Forrest was a good ommision for the team. He is generally too slow. Daniel Harris is another batsmen that can be considered.

Yes there is some talent but not nearly as much as there was and it's sort of stagnating and not developing to the next level, will get there eventually but we no longer have the depth of top end talent we had.

Tiger444
August 31, 2012, 08:34 PM
Yes there is some talent but not nearly as much as there was and it's sort of stagnating and not developing to the next level, will get there eventually but we no longer have the depth of top end talent we had.

Why is that Gowza? Because the Aussie system is really strong and you would think that it would still churn out good players.

BengaliPagol
August 31, 2012, 08:48 PM
Nic Maddinson is someone to look out for in the future.

Gowza
August 31, 2012, 11:53 PM
Why is that Gowza? Because the Aussie system is really strong and you would think that it would still churn out good players.

not sure exactly, possibly due to less competition, since a lot of national players have retired the competition for spots isn't as great. the thing is we were spoilt for talent, especially batting talent. we had one or two generations that overlapped and dominated the international scene and domestic scene. pretty much all those players have gone now i mean mike and dave hussey are there and ponting is there for tests but they're on the decline, the only other one i can think of from the top of my head is chris rogers but he's been pushed aside for guys like warner, wade, cowan, watson (who they stick by because he was always seen as blessed with so much talent but was never on the park to realise it until now but it turns out he's not as consistent just like the others).

previously we would have been able to make 2 or 3 teams that could be competitive, now we struggle to make one. i think lack of competition is one, and possibly players have less drive....a lot of young aussies have been able to get picked up by IPL teams without even really proving themselves in the aussie domestic structure.

Gowza
August 31, 2012, 11:54 PM
Nic Maddinson is someone to look out for in the future.

i agree he is a bright prospect.

Tiger444
September 2, 2012, 07:40 PM
not sure exactly, possibly due to less competition, since a lot of national players have retired the competition for spots isn't as great. the thing is we were spoilt for talent, especially batting talent. we had one or two generations that overlapped and dominated the international scene and domestic scene. pretty much all those players have gone now i mean mike and dave hussey are there and ponting is there for tests but they're on the decline, the only other one i can think of from the top of my head is chris rogers but he's been pushed aside for guys like warner, wade, cowan, watson (who they stick by because he was always seen as blessed with so much talent but was never on the park to realise it until now but it turns out he's not as consistent just like the others).

previously we would have been able to make 2 or 3 teams that could be competitive, now we struggle to make one. i think lack of competition is one, and possibly players have less drive....a lot of young aussies have been able to get picked up by IPL teams without even really proving themselves in the aussie domestic structure.

Thanks for your input. It seems like its just a transitional phase for Australia with a lot of the great players now on the decline and the struggle of being able to find class batsmen. Once the younger players start establishing themselves in the team, than I think we'll see Australia back to being a good team. I really want Australia to be good again because they were so much fun to watch back in the day. I'm sure a lot of people are wishing the same thing I am.

Gowza
September 2, 2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks for your input. It seems like its just a transitional phase for Australia with a lot of the great players now on the decline and the struggle of being able to find class batsmen. Once the younger players start establishing themselves in the team, than I think we'll see Australia back to being a good team. I really want Australia to be good again because they were so much fun to watch back in the day. I'm sure a lot of people are wishing the same thing I am.

they'll be a good team again, but it will be tough for the current players to reach the heights of the recent retiree's. at current there's no sign of a good spinner coming through, and all of the young batsmen are struggling to transition to international cricket. our pacers are doing the best, i think wadey will do well to.

Tiger444
September 2, 2012, 08:30 PM
they'll be a good team again, but it will be tough for the current players to reach the heights of the recent retiree's. at current there's no sign of a good spinner coming through, and all of the young batsmen are struggling to transition to international cricket. our pacers are doing the best, i think wadey will do well to.

Well Lyon's a very good spinner and should be in the limited overs teams. As for the young batsmen, Warner is adjusting to all the formats pretty well. Cowan recently did well on the England Lions tour and looks like a solid option as a Test opener. Agreed that Wade looks very good. Bailey is also improving a good amount. And if Hughes can translate his domestic scores in to international scores, then the guy could really be a force in international cricket. So I think give those guys a little time, and then we'll start to see some results.

Gowza
September 2, 2012, 08:47 PM
Well Lyon's a very good spinner and should be in the limited overs teams. As for the young batsmen, Warner is adjusting to all the formats pretty well. Cowan recently did well on the England Lions tour and looks like a solid option as a Test opener. Agreed that Wade looks very good. Bailey is also improving a good amount. And if Hughes can translate his domestic scores in to international scores, then the guy could really be a force in international cricket. So I think give those guys a little time, and then we'll start to see some results.

i really what khawaja and smith to come through to. khawaja could be a long term #3. smith could be a really good finisher at #5 or #6.

Tiger444
September 2, 2012, 09:02 PM
i really what khawaja and smith to come through to. khawaja could be a long term #3. smith could be a really good finisher at #5 or #6.

Forgot about those 2. Ya they both seem really good. Khawaja for some reason struggled but I feel he'll be a good batsman at the highest level. And unfortunately Smith couldn't replicate his success from the IPL but feel he'll come good as well.

BengaliPagol
September 3, 2012, 03:51 AM
The future of the Aussie Cricket Team Test's
1. David Warner
2. Ed Cowan
3. Usman Khawaja
4. Shane Watson
5. Michael Clarke (c)
6. Michael Hussey
7. Matthew Wade (wk)
8. Peter Siddle
9. James Pattinson
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Pat Cummins

Fringes: Ben Hilfenhaus, Phillip Hughes, Mitchell Starc, Ryan Harris

Future ODI team
1. David Warner
2. Matthew Wade (wk)
3. Shane Watson
4. Michael Clarke (c)
5. George Bailey
6. Michael Hussey
7. Dave Hussey
8. James Pattinson
9. Ben Hilfenhaus
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Pat Cummins

Fringes: Shaun Marsh, Steve Smith, Ryan Harris, Callum Ferguson, Mitchell Johnson

I reckon Watson will be pushed down the order in the near future. I really want Ferguson in the team but i dont think the selectors will pick him.

Sohel
September 4, 2012, 01:48 AM
Not really surprised to see Pakistan lose the decider in familiar conditions. If you can't put enough runs on the board after such a solid opening partnership, you're bound to lose. Sending a proven failure (with the bat) like Afridi at number 3 was the beginning of the F-up. Only Pakistan would send him up before either of the Akmal brothers.

Gowza
September 4, 2012, 02:30 AM
didn't afridi use to open? probably why they thought it's be ok to send him higher, he has shots but as his record shows he's not nearly consistent enough as a batsman, especially to play such a crucial role as a #3.

Sohel
September 4, 2012, 03:25 AM
Pakistan needed to score quickly so sending in the regular number 3 or 4 wasn't in the cards. Both of the Akmal brothers are far more consistent than Afridi. I can't even remember the last time he has had success as a top order batsman. In fact, the last time he scored a 50 was when he came in at 7 about 10 matches ago against England. 7 of those 10 innings consist of 3 ducks and 4 single figure scores, not counting the 2*.

BengaliPagol
September 4, 2012, 04:36 AM
now i have to add Glen Maxwell to the future Aussie side.

Yasin.
September 5, 2012, 09:05 AM
T20s start today. Will give a good indication of what awaits us against Pakistan in World Cup. Think Afridi will be given a rest since he injured his left hand in the last ODI.

Will be interesting to see if Raza Hasan is given a chance but that looks unlikely seeing Pakistans think tank unwilling to experiment.

Gowza
September 5, 2012, 10:40 AM
The future of the Aussie Cricket Team Test's
1. David Warner
2. Ed Cowan
3. Usman Khawaja
4. Shane Watson
5. Michael Clarke (c)
6. Michael Hussey
7. Matthew Wade (wk)
8. Peter Siddle
9. James Pattinson
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Pat Cummins

Fringes: Ben Hilfenhaus, Phillip Hughes, Mitchell Starc, Ryan Harris

Future ODI team
1. David Warner
2. Matthew Wade (wk)
3. Shane Watson
4. Michael Clarke (c)
5. George Bailey
6. Michael Hussey
7. Dave Hussey
8. James Pattinson
9. Ben Hilfenhaus
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Pat Cummins

Fringes: Shaun Marsh, Steve Smith, Ryan Harris, Callum Ferguson, Mitchell Johnson

I reckon Watson will be pushed down the order in the near future. I really want Ferguson in the team but i dont think the selectors will pick him.

clarke is 31, watson is 31, mike hussey is 37, dave hussey is 35, cowan is 30, harris is 32 about 33 in not to long, bailey is about to be 30, johnson will be 31 later this year.

the hussey brothers especially won't be around for much longer. when we talk future we should be looking at the 25 year olds and younger to see who has it in them to have substantially lengthy careers. most of australia's better talent is still the older brigade but even they aren't at heights of past generations i mean compare cowan to someone like langer or mike hussey, compare bailey to ponting, martyn, hodge etc they're not as good a quality and they are our better guys. thing is the younger generation seem to be following in the cowan and bailey sort of footsteps instead of the langers and pontings. not saying there aren't any talents, but there is no doubt the current generation and the next generation haven't developed to the levels of where the aussie team has been for the last 15-20 years.

Yasin.
September 5, 2012, 12:14 PM
T20s start today. Will give a good indication of what awaits us against Pakistan in World Cup. Think Afridi will be given a rest since he injured his left hand in the last ODI.

Will be interesting to see if Raza Hasan is given a chance but that looks unlikely seeing Pakistans think tank unwilling to experiment.

And I am wrong as Raza Hasan is given a chance and picks up his second wicket. Strong strong contendor for the T20 World Cup are Pakistan !

Roni_uk
September 5, 2012, 12:21 PM
oh dear Australia!!!!

8 down -and only 81 runs!!! minnow er cheyeo minnow

Roni_uk
September 5, 2012, 12:31 PM
bold out for 89 - disgraceful

Gowza
September 5, 2012, 08:31 PM
horrible from australia, raza hasan did pretty decent for a debut.

Yasin.
September 7, 2012, 12:48 PM
151 by Pakistan today. Should be an interesting chase.

Daniel Christian -- was on fire today ! Stunning catch to get rid of Jamshed and stopped a clear boundary! Amazing fielding !

Tiger444
September 7, 2012, 12:59 PM
I expect Australia to fire today with the bat. Should be a good contest here between Pakistan's bowling and Australia's batting.

Dilscoop
September 7, 2012, 02:25 PM
HATE 10sports. Any good link for this game Nadim?

Dilscoop
September 7, 2012, 02:28 PM
nvm this game's done.

Dilscoop
September 7, 2012, 02:30 PM
Link!!! Link!!

mufi_02
September 7, 2012, 02:37 PM
SUPER OVER!!

What a game

Dilscoop
September 7, 2012, 02:37 PM
superover!! aahh!

simon
September 7, 2012, 02:38 PM
heck of a match dude :D

mufi_02
September 7, 2012, 02:38 PM
First time I am watching Super Over in T20 Intl. Feels like Footbally penalty shoot out.

Tiger444
September 7, 2012, 02:40 PM
Wow what a game

Dilscoop
I was able to witness the first ever superover LIVE. And that was my first T20 game too.

simon
omg
if Aus win will they be ahead of us in T20 ranking? :o

Dilscoop
September 7, 2012, 02:41 PM
Razzak was brought in to bowl the last over?? Hafeez is acting like MLC Sim.

mufi_02
September 7, 2012, 02:43 PM
T20 is fun after all. After a long time watching a good T20. IPL/SLPL matches were boring.

simon
September 7, 2012, 02:46 PM
whatis a super over? :/

Nadim
September 7, 2012, 02:48 PM
Dillu, watching on TV bro and not on my pc so can't remember any site atm. Ask new Gen fans:D

simon
September 7, 2012, 02:50 PM
Dillu, watching on TV bro and not on my pc so can't remember any site atm. Ask new Gen fans:D

:lol: good 1 Nadu

simon
September 7, 2012, 02:53 PM
only eleven, nah eder diye hobe na

Nadim
September 7, 2012, 02:53 PM
Target is 12 for pak...easy I would say

mufi_02
September 7, 2012, 02:55 PM
12 isn't that easy either.

Tiger444
September 7, 2012, 02:55 PM
I don't think it's that easy. Should be tight

fush_montor
September 7, 2012, 02:56 PM
jamshed & kamran to bat?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Nadim
September 7, 2012, 02:56 PM
Cummins...his got another chance to win it for Aus..will he fail again?

Nadim
September 7, 2012, 02:58 PM
Razzaq and U. Akmal...

Nadim
September 7, 2012, 02:59 PM
Dot, 4

8 off 4

simon
September 7, 2012, 03:01 PM
how about another tie? :D

Nadim
September 7, 2012, 03:03 PM
why these young Gen pak player says "b.....d" everytime they hit a boundary or gets a wk...just saw U. Akmal saying that:smh:

shams91
September 7, 2012, 03:04 PM
Super Over + Another Super Over?

Some Game this!

shams91
September 7, 2012, 03:06 PM
Pakistan Wins:(

Dilscoop
September 7, 2012, 03:07 PM
This is what I hate about cricket. **** load of time to get the play going. Just bowl the damn ball! They should give start timing these sort of things like football.

Nadim
Haha poor Hogg..missed the easy runout

mufi_02
poor over from Cummins

simon
September 7, 2012, 03:09 PM
:bravo: Pakistan

good fight Aus.

Cummins choked big time.
Respect to the crowd. :up:

shams91
Haha poor Hogg..missed the easy runout

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Run out does not matter, As Pak hit more boundaries.

Big Problem for us.. Pakistan will be full of confidence:(

Dilscoop
how about another tie? :D

Then bowl out! Too bad they won't do it. Boundaries decides.

Tiger444
What a great game! Congrats to Pakistan for winning a thriller!

BengaliPagol
September 7, 2012, 06:58 PM
Cummins could have won it for the team. At a stage he nearly did by hitting a 6 in the dying stages of the match but the over that he bowled was really shocking. How could he bowl short and wide to Umar Akmal? He also tried bowling bouncers which is really astounding. He pretty much threw away the match at that point. George Bailey should have let Mitchell Starc bowl. He would have made an attempt to keep things tight.

Its really suprising that Australia do have a capable T20 team but its just not clicking for them at the moment. I think they should include Shaun Marsh in the T20 team. He is a genuine strokemaker in this format and it suits him. He should be dropped from the national team just because he did bad in tests. They should judge each player according the particular format that they are playing in. Australia need to look to strengthen their middle order.

Australia's T20 team
1. David Warner
2. Shane Watson
3. Shaun Marsh
4. Michael Hussey
5. George Bailey
6. David Hussey
7. Matthew Wade
8. James Pattinson
9. Brad Hogg
10. Mitchell Starc
11. Ben Hilfenhaus

Gowza
September 7, 2012, 07:18 PM
yeah shaun marsh is a really good t20 batsman. as far as cummins goes i know he has pace at a young age, and he can bowl some good balls but really i've not been impressed with him. starc and pattinson more talented imo.

Gowza
September 7, 2012, 07:20 PM
Cummins could have won it for the team. At a stage he nearly did by hitting a 6 in the dying stages of the match but the over that he bowled was really shocking. How could he bowl short and wide to Umar Akmal? He also tried bowling bouncers which is really astounding. He pretty much threw away the match at that point. George Bailey should have let Mitchell Starc bowl. He would have made an attempt to keep things tight.

Its really suprising that Australia do have a capable T20 team but its just not clicking for them at the moment. I think they should include Shaun Marsh in the T20 team. He is a genuine strokemaker in this format and it suits him. He should be dropped from the national team just because he did bad in tests. They should judge each player according the particular format that they are playing in. Australia need to look to strengthen their middle order.

Australia's T20 team
1. David Warner
2. Shane Watson
3. Shaun Marsh
4. Michael Hussey
5. George Bailey
6. Matthew Wade
7. Daniel Christian
8. James Pattinson
9. Brad Hogg
10. Mitchell Starc
11. Ben Hilfenhaus

only thing is dave hussey is very useful with his aggressive batting and tidy offspin, tbh i'd probably play him over christian....

BengaliPagol
September 7, 2012, 07:22 PM
only thing is dave hussey is very useful with his aggressive batting and tidy offspin, tbh i'd probably play him over christian....

whoops i completely forgot about Dave Hussey :facepalm:

zinatf
September 7, 2012, 11:27 PM
That's some classy performance from Ajmal :notworthy:

Gowza
September 7, 2012, 11:43 PM
ajmal is by far the best spinner in the world atm, in all formats.

zinatf
September 7, 2012, 11:46 PM

Yes, I agree. How I wish Shakib reaches this position in future...

Gowza
September 7, 2012, 11:49 PM
Yes, I agree. How I wish Shakib reaches this position in future...

imho, he certainly has a chance.

zinatf
September 7, 2012, 11:57 PM
Let's see...if only we played Tests more....:-|

Gowza
September 8, 2012, 12:05 AM
Let's see...if only we played Tests more....:-|

yes an obstacle, if only BD got 2 full seasons of test cricket, i don't think people would be complaining about them anymore. i think the lack of test cricket has really hampered BD's development in that format. 2 full seasons and by the end of it BD will be performing significantly better, especially with pybus in charge. but they have to be full seasons, i'm talking 10 or more test matches each year for a couple of years.

zinatf
September 8, 2012, 12:36 AM
yes an obstacle, if only BD got 2 full seasons of test cricket, i don't think people would be complaining about them anymore. i think the lack of test cricket has really hampered BD's development in that format. 2 full seasons and by the end of it BD will be performing significantly better, especially with pybus in charge. but they have to be full seasons, i'm talking 10 or more test matches each year for a couple of years.

10?!....we hardly played any test matches this year....damn you ICC and BCB!

Gowza
September 8, 2012, 12:46 AM
10?!....we hardly played any test matches this year....damn you ICC and BCB!

yes that many if not more. have a look at how many matches each team has played in the last 12 months: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;spanmax1=08+Sep+2012;spanmin1=0 8+Sep+2011;spanval1=span;template=results;type=tea m

BD and zim have played way to few test matches, they won't improve unless they play matches. meanwhile the other teams play so many more and continue to improve. BD has played 4, zim 2, the next lowest is india on 9, then a number of teams have palyed 11 and some have played 13.

incidently BD haven't played one single test match this year, the last one was in december of last year.

Banglatiger84
September 8, 2012, 01:53 AM

He is the best but not "by far".
Shakib and Swann are not a whole lot worse than him

What i find intersting about ajmal is his career trajectory; unlike other of their good bowlers who all of sort of "burst into the scene" with excellent performances soon after their Debut, Ajmal has been a lot more anonymous in earlier times, only getting better with time

I remember watching him live few years back and he seemed like a run of the mill offspinner; someone brought in to fill the obligatory spinner slot, but who was not a patch on their fast bowlers or previous spinners.

Gowza
September 8, 2012, 02:26 AM
tests in the last 2 years

ajmal: ave 23.82, strike rate 55.5, 6.1 wickets per match, econ 2.57
shakib: ave 28.61, strike rate 61.8, 4.2 wickets per match, econ 2.77
swann: ave 33.92, strike rate 69.3, 3.6 wickets per match, econ 2.93

ODIs last 2 years

ajmal: ave 20.26, strike rate 29.3, 1.7 wickets per match, econ 4.13
shakib: ave 24.84, strike rate 32.5, 1.6 wickets per match, econ 4.57
swann: ave 27.04, strike rate 36.7, 1.4 wickets per match, econ 4.41

t20Is last 2 years

ajmal: ave 15.40, strike rate 16.4, 1.3 wickets per match, econ 5.63
shakib: ave 22.20, strike rate 19.2, 1,25 wickets per match, econ 6.93
swann: ave 23.27, strike rate 21.8, 1 wicket per match, econ 6.40

so over the last 2 years ajmal is ahead of shakib and swann in every department in every format. ajmal is comfortably ahead of the other 2, the closest is shakib in ODIs.

Gowza
September 8, 2012, 02:27 AM
He is the best but not "by far".
Shakib and Swann are not a whole lot worse than him

What i find intersting about ajmal is his career trajectory; unlike other of their good bowlers who all of sort of "burst into the scene" with excellent performances soon after their Debut, Ajmal has been a lot more anonymous in earlier times, only getting better with time

I remember watching him live few years back and he seemed like a run of the mill offspinner; someone brought in to fill the obligatory spinner slot, but who was not a patch on their fast bowlers or previous spinners.

ajmal is an interesting case since he wasn't that good at all early on in his international career, he's making up for it now though, if he continues in this fashion he will be one of the greatest spinners all time.

simon
September 8, 2012, 08:32 AM
thanks for the stats Gowza.
There are reasons why we should be happy(not saying we are not happy) about where Shakib stands as a bowler even if he is behind Ajmol.

First of all Sakib is an alrounder and not an allrounder who bowls more & occasionally bats, he has to practice both batting and bowling equally whereas Ajmol has only his bowling to focus on.

2ndly Pak is a much better side with some amazing bowlers, Gul,Afridi, Tanvir ,even Hafeez are bowlers who can create lot of pressure,and that makes Ajmal's work a lot easier.

Thirdly the lack of matches for BD specially Tests, in test a spinner gets so many overs to bowl, unfortunately our Sakib isn't getting that.

Gowza
September 8, 2012, 05:56 PM
what i like about the stats is it shows that shakib is ahead of swann who a lot of people think is the best spinner atm, so it says something that shakib beats him in stats.

khanbhai
September 8, 2012, 06:37 PM
^^
Swann does not get to play in spinner friendly conditions as much any spinner from the sub-continent.

Gowza
September 8, 2012, 07:01 PM
^^
Swann does not get to play in spinner friendly conditions as much any spinner from the sub-continent.

yes well when you look at things more closely between shakib and swann things are a bit different but shakib in test matches has done better outside of asia than he has done in asia, better than swann. the problem with comparing shakib to other spinners in tests though is that he plays so few matches and the others play so many more so their sample size is a lot easier to take without asking what ifs. swann has done a lot better than shakib in one-dayers outside of asia though.

ajmal however has done well outside asia in one-dayers and tests, a lot better in one-dayers but stil at least as well as swann has done.

simon
September 10, 2012, 11:41 AM
ITs raining sixes dude :fire:

simon
September 10, 2012, 11:42 AM
Ajmol re khaya fello re :lol:

&st fifty came from 40 something and 2nd fifty in 15 balls. :eek:

Dilscoop
September 10, 2012, 11:43 AM
ITs raining sixes dude :fire:

literally.

Take that Fuzmal. Switchhit, 6! Massive.

simon
September 10, 2012, 11:44 AM
:floor: :lol: don't miss it :lol:

zinatf
September 10, 2012, 11:47 AM
Aussie! Aussie!! Aussie!!! Oi. Oi. Oi.

BrianLara7
September 10, 2012, 11:49 AM
lol, always knew pak bowling is overrated, its very good but when you take the attack to them like maxwell and hussey did in odi's its not all that. Aus should have won last t20 if it wasnt for one run and won this series.

Dilscoop
September 10, 2012, 11:50 AM
This sim is so real. Warner was failing in real life in the MLC, so was he in this PakvAus Sim series. He almost scored a 100 last night, made it rain, and now the sim is doing that too!!

I hope he gets a 100. He is slowing down, but he should just keep going.

Dilscoop
September 10, 2012, 11:52 AM
NOooh!! Way to ruin the fun Pakistan! >.<

simon
September 10, 2012, 11:54 AM
lol, always knew pak bowling is overrated, its very good but when you take the attack to them like maxwell and hussey did in odi's its not all that. Aus should have won last t20 if it wasnt for one run and won this series.

come on man, Afridi,Ajmol,Gul ,Hafeez altogether are the best attack u can get;

But I do agree if u attack them they get kind a lost, like Kohli in Asia cup made Ajmol & Gul look ordinary.
Our Sakib,Nasir r pretty good at handling them too.

Yasin.
September 10, 2012, 11:58 AM
Absolute carnage from Australia. Good for Pakistan though I had say. They are having excellent preparation for T20 world cup.

Hammered the Aussies in the first match. A thriller in the second match. And what should be a decent total to chase tonight. Aussies not looking all that bad all of a sudden.

simon
September 10, 2012, 12:03 PM
era switch hit koirao six-four marey, ar amra switch off koirao out hoi :hairpull:

BrianLara7
September 10, 2012, 12:04 PM
come on man, Afridi,Ajmol,Gul ,Hafeez altogether are the best attack u can get;

But I do agree if u attack them they get kind a lost, like Kohli in Asia cup made Ajmol & Gul look ordinary.
Our Sakib,Nasir r pretty good at handling them too.

its overrated in the sense that its not as great as some fans claim.. if it was they wouldnt have lost the odi series against aus and get whitewashed against eng and even losing series 3-1 against struggling SL. Still a very good bowling attack but definitely can be demolished if Ajmal is not on top of his game, without ajmal its nothing extra ordinary as hussey, kohli maxwell have shown

zinatf
September 10, 2012, 12:05 PM
Would love if Aus manages the total to 190!

Rabz
September 10, 2012, 12:28 PM
Aussies made a mess of it.

zinatf
September 10, 2012, 12:30 PM
168 not bad...come on Australia! You can do it!

simon
September 10, 2012, 12:33 PM
very ordinary finish,should have been 180 +
they will be very disappointed if Pak wins it as at one stage it looked they will score 190+

simon
September 10, 2012, 12:47 PM
didn't see such western western cheerleaders in Dubai before :)

simon
September 10, 2012, 01:48 PM
lol,the way Pak chasing it so far if it was BD the commies would go all hunting.

firstlane
September 10, 2012, 05:45 PM
I have tremendous faith on Starc, Cummins & Pattinson trio. when they are fit they have the potential to form world's best pace attack. They already made bowlers like Hilfenhaus, Siddle & Harris look ordinary.

Sohel
September 10, 2012, 11:08 PM
Great to see Cummins back in form again. What an incredible young bowler already at 19! Provided he stays injury free, I see him becoming pacier and more lethal over the next 6-7 years and dominating the sport as its premier paceman.

Navo
September 11, 2012, 02:24 AM
Great to see Cummins back in form again. What an incredible young bowler already at 19! Provided he stays injury free, I see him becoming pacier and more lethal over the next 6-7 years and dominating the sport as its premier paceman.

It's the injury part that is most worrying. His bowling action looks like it creates great stress on his body.

Hopefully he will be able to subtly adjust his bowling action without affecting his rhythm, pace, etc. Obviously he'll become stronger over the next few years. We need a few great fast bowlers to take over Steyn's mantle when he retires!

NoName
September 11, 2012, 03:15 PM
its overrated in the sense that its not as great as some fans claim.. if it was they wouldnt have lost the odi series against aus and get whitewashed against eng and even losing series 3-1 against struggling SL. Still a very good bowling attack but definitely can be demolished if Ajmal is not on top of his game, without ajmal its nothing extra ordinary as hussey, kohli maxwell have shown

Actually their bowling is not bad, Ajmal and Hafeez are extremely talented spinners but you can't expect them to always perform every match. Their batting on the other hand at the moment needs a lot of attention and fixing as it is costing them a lot of games where their bowlers set up a nice total for them to chase, or they just don't score enough for the bowlers to defend (which they try to do decently). Ajmal is single-handedly carrying the team at the moment, with decent support from Hafeez, but the batsmen throw it all away.

Shaan
September 12, 2012, 03:14 AM
seems like our own shamim mia has joined the pak forum and having his sayings there, poor guy ! By the way I'm really happy that Aussies gave some serious treatment to Paki team, I'm happy because there are some arrogant, blind and classless fan of Pakistan, those fans need to realize that cricket is something to take as a fun and any day any team can beat each other. Those idiots thinks Pakistan is the last word of cricket. They virtually make fun of all the team on this universe.

Zeeshan
September 12, 2012, 03:23 AM
seems like our own shamim mia has joined the pak forum and having his sayings there, poor guy ! By the way I'm really happy that Aussies gave some serious treatment to Paki team, I'm happy because there are some arrogant, blind and classless fan of Pakistan, those fans need to realize that cricket is something to take as a fun and any day any team can beat each other. Those idiots thinks Pakistan is the last word of cricket. They virtually make fun of all the team on this universe.

I don't visit ICF and PP as I am a loyal Bcite, but can you pm/msg me what he said? Got me curious.