PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Bijoy for Finishing WC as the leading scorer!!!

al Furqaan
August 26, 2012, 08:05 AM
Feels good to have a Bangladeshi top of the world in something apart from Shakib's now-routine all-rounder perch!

365 runs. An average of just over 60 at a solid strike rate of 85. 2 hundreds. 3 fifty plus scores.

Well played Captain's tourney! Salute young Tiger...and stay HUNGRY!

101 v SL
39 v RSA
32 v NAM
9 v AUS
56 v ENG
128 v PAK

Habib
August 26, 2012, 08:09 AM
Congrats Anamul! Proud of you :applause:

Gowza
August 26, 2012, 08:37 AM
Congrats anamul mate! Great job.

Maysun
August 26, 2012, 08:41 AM
Keep it up

Sohel
August 26, 2012, 08:46 AM
ONLY 9 v Australia and a strike rate below 100! We M-U-S-T make this newest hype wait another 5 years before he gets a do-or-die series (score at least 50 in each innings or be banished forever) with the national team. Surely we can wait even more with great, experienced players like DaRok, Nazimuddin, Aumi, Imroze and Zia just waiting to set international cricket on fire. Even Rajin, Mushfik Babu, "Decans", "Sejan", MS and SR Shubho, Mithun and Myshukur would do better than this newest fifth columnist. Heck, bring Golla out of retirement.

AMD128
August 26, 2012, 09:03 AM
He's making his debut for the series against Windies later this year. :) Insha'Allah.

playmaker
August 26, 2012, 09:26 AM
sohel bhaier kirmi hoilo naki?

Anyways, well done anamul, a son of a bangali being the highest run getter in such a prestigious tournament is very much heartening :bravo:

Tigers_eye
August 26, 2012, 09:57 AM
Sorry Asaad for off-topic discussion.

Had U-19 and the intl stage were same obviously we would be World #1, if not around #3 or #4, no? Chopping and changing with inexperienced players and banking on hope is not good for any team. A reminder of Graham Smith comments are necessary time to time for having a strong BD side. Plus see current Zim. And if that doesn't help see Pujara, Kohli and so many others who had to wait. Waiting is a good thing not bad.

Ar jeita rey bair korar dorkar tar naam kau nei na. Golden spoon Motin'er mukhey!!

patriot
August 26, 2012, 11:05 AM
If you were the coach , whom would you have in your team? Unmukht Chand or Anamul Hoque?

M.H.Rubel
August 26, 2012, 11:16 AM
W O W
A bangladeshi topping the tourney with the bat !! That's great. Contracts Anamul.
Making runs in Ausi conditions is really tough. Special thanks to u. Just carry on boy.

zinatf
August 26, 2012, 11:17 AM
Congratulations Anamul! Proud of you. Hope he maintains this and keep on performing consistently.

al Furqaan
August 26, 2012, 12:29 PM
Sorry Asaad for off-topic discussion.

Had U-19 and the intl stage were same obviously we would be World #1, if not around #3 or #4, no? Chopping and changing with inexperienced players and banking on hope is not good for any team. A reminder of Graham Smith comments are necessary time to time for having a strong BD side. Plus see current Zim. And if that doesn't help see Pujara, Kohli and so many others who had to wait. Waiting is a good thing not bad.

Ar jeita rey bair korar dorkar tar naam kau nei na. Golden spoon Motin'er mukhey!!

Some players are ready way before. Shakib, tamim, mushy, Nasir, Rubel are examples of teenage debutants who are rock solid members of our team in at least one format. Most relevant is that ALL of them were either mediocre players or unimpressive the first few seasons. Anamul is ready now because he has talent + application. Guys like nazimuddin kayes etc are more limited players who require seasoning. Ashraful has played domestics for how long now? Shikse kisu? If anamul is destined to fail he will fail regardless of getting 2-3 unecessary seasons in a weak domestic league. What would Lebron have gAined by staying in college for 2 years?

Besides most of our international engagement are against WI/SL/ZIM and other weaker sides. Were not touring SA anytime soon.

playmaker
August 26, 2012, 12:38 PM
echoing what Furqaan bhai said directly and also sohel from his sarcastic post

I think it will do no harm giving this guy a go. If he has the mentality for international cricket then why hold back? And hold back to where? Our first class tournaments thukku tournament that is similar to picnic cricket.

If he is mentally prepared then give him chances. Some say giving a chance early ruins one career. Well I disagree. If a promising star fails when he got an early chance, how can we gurantee that weve spoiled his career? If he cant perform now how can we gurantee that he couldve been a much cricketer later on?

shajib14
August 26, 2012, 02:09 PM
Some players are ready way before. Shakib, tamim, mushy, Nasir, Rubel are examples of teenage debutants who are rock solid members of our team in at least one format. Most relevant is that ALL of them were either mediocre players or unimpressive the first few seasons. Anamul is ready now because he has talent + application. Guys like nazimuddin kayes etc are more limited players who require seasoning. Ashraful has played domestics for how long now? Shikse kisu? If anamul is destined to fail he will fail regardless of getting 2-3 unecessary seasons in a weak domestic league. What would Lebron have gAined by staying in college for 2 years?

Besides most of our international engagement are against WI/SL/ZIM and other weaker sides. Were not touring SA anytime soon.

100% agreed.

al Furqaan
August 26, 2012, 08:19 PM
It appears as though people aren't opposed to Anam being included because he's not ready, but out of fear that he will somehow fail. If its the former, than people need to have their heads examined! Anam has a very un-Bangladeshi habit of hitting hundreds at every level he's played in. I have no qualms of keeping Anam in every A team tour for the next 4 years, so long as he's also playing in every Test. We don't play enough Tests to worry about burn out and neither does he bowl or keep wicket at the highest level.

To reiterate, Tamim was drafted into the side based purely on potential and 2 sixes he hit against a woeful Zimbabwe team. That was it, thats the whole reason he was picked. He didn't turn out too badly.

Did Nasir even have any FC or List A hundreds before he made his debut?

Anam has hit 5 FC hundreds already, 3 hundreds in YODIs, has a YTest MoM award, led a YWC in run scoring, has hit hundreds in the DPL, had a 169 vs a RSA Academy side where every bowler had first class exposure, has scored runs in foreign conditions, has batted up the order and in tough situations. Contrary to needing more "seasoning" as if he's mere meat, never has a Bangladeshi teenager been MORE ready for the national team! No one has a guarantee of preparedness, but this is as close as you can ever get.

Gowza
August 26, 2012, 10:08 PM
It appears as though people aren't opposed to Anam being included because he's not ready, but out of fear that he will somehow fail. If its the former, than people need to have their heads examined! Anam has a very un-Bangladeshi habit of hitting hundreds at every level he's played in. I have no qualms of keeping Anam in every A team tour for the next 4 years, so long as he's also playing in every Test. We don't play enough Tests to worry about burn out and neither does he bowl or keep wicket at the highest level.

To reiterate, Tamim was drafted into the side based purely on potential and 2 sixes he hit against a woeful Zimbabwe team. That was it, thats the whole reason he was picked. He didn't turn out too badly.

Did Nasir even have any FC or List A hundreds before he made his debut?

Anam has hit 5 FC hundreds already, 3 hundreds in YODIs, has a YTest MoM award, led a YWC in run scoring, has hit hundreds in the DPL, had a 169 vs a RSA Academy side where every bowler had first class exposure, has scored runs in foreign conditions, has batted up the order and in tough situations. Contrary to needing more "seasoning" as if he's mere meat, never has a Bangladeshi teenager been MORE ready for the national team! No one has a guarantee of preparedness, but this is as close as you can ever get.

yes he's definitely more ready than any other youngster has been when being fast tracked to the national team, actually he's on par or ahead of a lot of players that haven't been fast tracked and worked a bit more to get there.

i'm not surprised this fear is here, ash was a major talent that went wrong, we also had aftab and kapali who were pretty big talents, but BD cricket was in a different place, different results were expected, the occasional great innings and occasional win was ok back then, nowadays more is expected and even though BD still aren't great at developing talent they are better than they were back then when those guys first came through.

al Furqaan
August 26, 2012, 10:13 PM
yes he's definitely more ready than any other youngster has been when being fast tracked to the national team, actually he's on par or ahead of a lot of players that haven't been fast tracked and worked a bit more to get there.

i'm not surprised this fear is here, ash was a major talent that went wrong, we also had aftab and kapali who were pretty big talents, but BD cricket was in a different place, different results were expected, the occasional great innings and occasional win was ok back then, nowadays more is expected and even though BD still aren't great at developing talent they are better than they were back then when those guys first came through.

But Shakib, Tamim, Mushfiq, Nasir all debuted after AAA. Yes we have Imrul, Jahirul, Nazimuddin, but those guys were always "hard-working" types who lacked the inheret "talent" of the aforementioned. Also they came in on the back of a single season of domestic play.

Gowza
August 26, 2012, 10:31 PM
But Shakib, Tamim, Mushfiq, Nasir all debuted after AAA. Yes we have Imrul, Jahirul, Nazimuddin, but those guys were always "hard-working" types who lacked the inheret "talent" of the aforementioned. Also they came in on the back of a single season of domestic play.

for sure i agree, but people see ashraful especially as a rare talent, and i guess anamul has that to and that's why they think of ash and his failure when thinking of anamul or any hugely talented youngster. but as i said in my post above it's a different time now and the development process is a bit better, players are succeeding a lot more and coming into a better environment than there was back then.

reyme
August 26, 2012, 10:50 PM
If it was not for that controversial caught behind OUT against the Aussies : source prothom alo by Sarwar Imran, Anamul probably would have led the team at least to the semis and ended up with 400+ runs. Clearly the MVP for this WC U19

reyme
August 26, 2012, 10:53 PM
Anamul is very close to be ready for the National Team. We will play West Indies high performance team very soon. Let him play all those matches.

PoorFan
August 26, 2012, 11:13 PM
Anam certainly proved by now that he is way ahead of average U19 level, par or even better in potential in A team or Academy lot. Knowing the crap and bit these team heardly ever developed any player in out cricket history, Anam surely need much more challenge and quality work that these team can provide. In that sense I think Anam should be placed in national team, playing in eleven or not, let him tour with national team, hang around, practice with big boys and coaches. Physically he is still teen aged and his mind could so time again, which is a concern alright, but with his hungriness and ambition for doing better as he showed so far, being in national team wont do much harm than good compare to A team or Academy. If we drag him to national team, then it must has to be for a long term, no way for a series or like, rather at least for 1 or 2 years long.

shakibrulz
August 27, 2012, 12:52 AM
Congrats Bijoy! Great potential, nothing that we didn't know already. But the problem the closest to him is probably Shoummo and then there's really no one who scores big or consistently.

Gowza
August 27, 2012, 02:07 AM
Congrats Bijoy! Great potential, nothing that we didn't know already. But the problem the closest to him is probably Shoummo and then there's really no one who scores big or consistently.

well in u19s there is no one else near him from the BD boys. from the older felllows it's guys like shuvagata, mominul. but i think anamul is on par with this guys at least.

Sohel
August 27, 2012, 02:12 AM
I rate Bijauy higher than Hom. Not nearly as confident about MH Shouraubh's ability to succeed and sustain success at the highest level, and as much as I want to, won't rate him at that level. I rate SR Rumman higher than him at this point.

SoSa and LKD have long ways to go, and sorry, I don't think Ratul will make it against quality bowlers under pressure.

BengaliPagol
August 27, 2012, 02:25 AM
im enjoying the love for Anamul. Im all for Anamul to be tried out for tests & possibly ODI's. Its quite evident that he is a test batsmen. BD desperately need a batsmen that wants to stay in the crease for long periods of time. We dont have a batsmen that can do that in the team. Also our #3 batting position has been troubling us for a while and to me Anamul seems to be the perfect fit. Ive got faith in this kid.

beshideshi
August 27, 2012, 02:32 AM
Congrats Anamul! A top achievement, no doubts. And hopefully a future top order pillar in the Bangladesh team. But just because he scored some runs in the U19 world cup, doesn't mean he is battle hardened yet.
We have seen people boast up Shubhagata Hom, and making him sounds like the next tendulkar. I hope he is not gone forever, but where the hell is he now? People tend to forget that there is a gulf of difference between U19, first class and international cricket. And shoving a 19 year old in the depth of international cricket will do more harm than good.

We have seen so many players, who were supposed to be game changers, come into international level and turn into complete ****. I think Anamul is way too precious to be lost like that, I understand that people are excited with him, and understand the temptation to test him out at the national team. But we have seen him struggle against unknown, second tier international bowlers in Zimbabwe. And he did not look international standard ready yet.

People need to be more patient, as Sanjay Manjrekar recently said, it's better to lose a couple of years than to lose a player. And people are so excited to put him into the national team, I would like to thank you for the tremendous services of Aftab Ahmed, Ashraful, Nafis Iqbal, Mehrab Hossain, Nabil Samad, Shamsur Rahman among several others. We have lost way too many potential players, lets not lose a few more.

Oh another note to all the posters so sure about his skills, how many times have you seen him bat?

Isnaad
August 27, 2012, 02:39 AM
This is definitely something to be proud of.

Gowza
August 27, 2012, 02:42 AM
Congrats Anamul! A top achievement, no doubts. And hopefully a future top order pillar in the Bangladesh team. But just because he scored some runs in the U19 world cup, doesn't mean he is battle hardened yet.
We have seen people boast up Shubhagata Hom, and making him sounds like the next tendulkar. I hope he is not gone forever, but where the hell is he now? People tend to forget that there is a gulf of difference between U19, first class and international cricket. And shoving a 19 year old in the depth of international cricket will do more harm than good.

We have seen so many players, who were supposed to be game changers, come into international level and turn into complete ****. I think Anamul is way too precious to be lost like that, I understand that people are excited with him, and understand the temptation to test him out at the national team. But we have seen him struggle against unknown, second tier international bowlers in Zimbabwe. And he did not look international standard ready yet.

People need to be more patient, as Sanjay Manjrekar recently said, it's better to lose a couple of years than to lose a player. And people are so excited to put him into the national team, I would like to thank you for the tremendous services of Aftab Ahmed, Ashraful, Nafis Iqbal, Mehrab Hossain, Nabil Samad, Shamsur Rahman among several others. We have lost way too many potential players, lets not lose a few more.

Oh another note to all the posters so sure about his skills, how many times have you seen him bat?

a couple of those players you mention as lost haven't even played for the national team, maybe made the squad once or twice but haven't played or been in squads regularly at all and now they're in their mid 20s, so those guys were stuck in domestic cricket and look where it's got them? fast tracking all young players certainly isn't a good idea, but there are a select few, some rare talents that are worth fast tracking as long as they have numbers backing them, talent backing them and mentality.

you have to look at each player as an individual case, fast tracking one player might work, but for another it won't.

BengaliPagol
August 27, 2012, 02:53 AM
I dont see the worry in fast tracking Anamul into the national team tbh. Its the matter of fact of giving him enough games to perform. Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq, Nasir are all fast tracked and they are all regular members in the team. Anamul could quite possibly join them in the ranks. Just dont put Anamul in the T20 team.

Gowza
August 27, 2012, 03:04 AM
I dont see the worry in fast tracking Anamul into the national team tbh. Its the matter of fact of giving him enough games to perform. Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq, Nasir are all fast tracked and they are all regular members in the team. Anamul could quite possibly join them in the ranks. Just dont put Anamul in the T20 team.

so probably in more recent times the players that were fast tracked have become our best players. add rubel to that imo, he was fast tracked and before the injury he had become a really good ODI bowler. i agree about not putting anamul in the t20 team, it's a craze that started when t20s got international status and tbh i don't think it's been that great for any team.

beshideshi
August 27, 2012, 03:07 AM
a couple of those players you mention as lost haven't even played for the national team, maybe made the squad once or twice but haven't played or been in squads regularly at all and now they're in their mid 20s, so those guys were stuck in domestic cricket and look where it's got them? fast tracking all young players certainly isn't a good idea, but there are a select few, some rare talents that are worth fast tracking as long as they have numbers backing them, talent backing them and mentality.

you have to look at each player as an individual case, fast tracking one player might work, but for another it won't.

Except Shamsur Rahman[who was part of the squad for 2-3 series], everyone at least played one game. But the thing is, I have seen too many promising players getting lost in the transition. And seeing Anamul in Zimbabwe made me fear he might get lost as well. I want to see him play at least 2-3 more years of A team and FC before playing for the national team[which probably wont happen].

You can see the difference between an experienced guy in the national team[ Elias sunny] and a player fast tracked from U19 level[S. Shuvo]. Both of them are/were of quite similar quality, but as Sunny has a lot more experience, he has a greater chance of survival and Bangladesh can expect at least 6-7 years of service from him.

Gowza
August 27, 2012, 03:18 AM
Except Shamsur Rahman[who was part of the squad for 2-3 series], everyone at least played one game. But the thing is, I have seen too many promising players getting lost in the transition. And seeing Anamul in Zimbabwe made me fear he might get lost as well. I want to see him play at least 2-3 more years of A team and FC before playing for the national team[which probably wont happen].

You can see the difference between an experienced guy in the national team[ Elias sunny] and a player fast tracked from U19 level[S. Shuvo]. Both of them are/were of quite similar quality, but as Sunny has a lot more experience, he has a greater chance of survival and Bangladesh can expect at least 6-7 years of service from him.

i don't think nabil has played for the national team...as far as shuvo being fast tracked well he was pretty much the top performing spinner domestically for the last 4 seasons at the time he was selected and if you look at how many matches shuvo and elias have played they've played a very similar amount of list A games, sunny has played quite a few more FC matches but if a player is a top performer for 4 seasons in a row i don't think that's really fast tracking, yes he was young but he was still quite experienced at least for a BD player.

the problem with A team cricket is it isn't organised very often and the problem with domestic cricket is it isn't challenging enough. to develop a good player you need to keep challenging them, keep raising the bar higher, BD domestic cricket isn't at a high enough standard yet to do that unfortunately. so to get that players either have to go abroad (which they rarely do) or they have to be put into the national team.

no one wants to lose a talented player.

jeesh
August 27, 2012, 04:35 AM
Fantastic effort. And this considering he had some bad matches. Imagine if he scored in those innings, he could have been well ahead of anyone else.

simon
August 27, 2012, 08:41 AM
Jaihok,bhalo korsey,onek congratulatory thread paisey, ekhon internationals e chance paya bhalo korlei hoy,naile shara jibon ghor mukhi hoye katatey hobey.

playmaker
August 27, 2012, 08:49 AM
^^

Anamul phail korle oke apnar bashai ghor jamai hishebe thakte dite hobe :waiting:

simon
August 27, 2012, 08:52 AM
^^

Anamul phail korle oke apnar bashai ghor jamai hishebe thakte dite hobe :waiting:

shathey tomakey nibo "ghor jhatai" er jonno, kemon?

Tiger444
August 27, 2012, 09:12 AM
Anamul is very close to be ready for the National Team. We will play West Indies high performance team very soon. Let him play all those matches.

I forgot about that. Also I don't think it'll interfere with our national team tour. So we can see how he does in that tour. If he ends up doing well there then expect to see him in the WI tour.

Tiger444
August 27, 2012, 11:39 AM

That's why it's important to watch these players in action and not just look at the statistics. As we saw with Shuvo, he just darted the ball in and at the same time was pretty inaccurate as he would offer at least 1 half volley or full toss an over. That's just not going to get you wickets at the international level. The selectors should've seen that and should not have picked him.

With Sunny OTOH, we saw that he isn't afraid to give the ball flight and at the same time is pretty accurate which is why you see him doing well at the international level.

So that's really the key. We need our selectors to understand which players can be successful with their games and which won't so the process in selecting players is smoother.

playmaker
August 27, 2012, 11:54 AM
^

thats why you need the selectors to watch the players themselves and accompanying them in A and Academy team tours.

reyme
August 27, 2012, 02:23 PM
^ Good idea. But what does these selectors do really? I still can't figure out what Haba was doing with all kinds of wrong team selection in Australia....Haba is totally useless these days....

Gowza
August 27, 2012, 07:18 PM
^

thats why you need the selectors to watch the players themselves and accompanying them in A and Academy team tours.

are you telling me the selectors don't even go and watch these players in domestic games? or are you just saying they don't see academy and A team games? if it's the earlier one that's unbelievable.

MohammedC
August 27, 2012, 08:22 PM
are you telling me the selectors don't even go and watch these players in domestic games? or are you just saying they don't see academy and A team games? if it's the earlier one that's unbelievable.

Only if the games are played in Capital Dhaka specially if its SBNCS. Anywhere else the chances are very low.

Gowza
August 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
Only if the games are played in Capital Dhaka specially if its SBNCS. Anywhere else the chances are very low.

now that's just ridiculous, if the selectors themselves don't go look at the players then they should have scouts watching them and reporting back.

Sohel
August 28, 2012, 12:29 AM
i don't think nabil has played for the national team...as far as shuvo being fast tracked well he was pretty much the top performing spinner domestically for the last 4 seasons at the time he was selected and if you look at how many matches shuvo and elias have played they've played a very similar amount of list A games, sunny has played quite a few more FC matches but if a player is a top performer for 4 seasons in a row i don't think that's really fast tracking, yes he was young but he was still quite experienced at least for a BD player.

the problem with A team cricket is it isn't organised very often and the problem with domestic cricket is it isn't challenging enough. to develop a good player you need to keep challenging them, keep raising the bar higher, BD domestic cricket isn't at a high enough standard yet to do that unfortunately. so to get that players either have to go abroad (which they rarely do) or they have to be put into the national team.

Very good post :up:

Isn't it interesting that when the nattering Nabobs of negativism give examples of U19 teenagers who couldn't hack it at the highest level, they conveniently ignore the ones who have become successful enough to form the nucleus of our current side?

People really see beyond decontextualized domestic statistics and nationalist pride, and invest in understanding the game well enough to understand what unusual ability and talent is. The kind of RARE talent (Shakib, Tamim, and to a lesser extent Mushfique, Nasir and Riyad) that can actually accelerate development through early exposure at the highest level, ESPECIALLY in light of the farcical quality of our domestic cricket coupled with inadequate A Team and Academy cricket.

Classifying MS Shubho, SR Shubho, Mithun Ali, Nazimuddin, Jahurual Islam Omi, Mehrab Hossain Orion, Rokibul Hasan Nauyon or even Shahriar Nafees Abir in the same category of talent is nothing short of laughable once you actually see them bat anywhere. Granted we've seen our share of genuinely capable U19 players like Al Shahariar Rokon, Nafees Iqbal and Aftab Ahmed who couldn't sustain success for a variety of psychosomatic reasons, probably injury-driven in the case of the elder Iqbal, but we have plenty more who have since early debut at 17, 18 and 19. Both Junaid Siddique Imroze and Imrul Kayes Shagor are in still the reserves, and no way should anyone count Dhiman Ghosh who never debuted early BTW, out yet.

I think the odds are strongly on Bijauy's side. There is NOBODY like him at his level and I think he'll make an immediate, positive impact in our team in dire need of consistent top order contribution. Shuvagata Hom (not a teenager BTW) and Sabbir Rahman Rumman come close with their ability to contribute in the middle and lower middle order respectively in the shorter formats. Mominul Haque Shourav deserves a go but I honestly don't see him sustaining success at the highest level. I'd desperately love to be proved wrong by him. The fact is, too much domestic cricket do more harm than good for such players because they often develop bad habits on crappy pitches playing casual cricket, and regularly get away with things that guarantee failure at the highest level.

Then again some of the pundits here may think, often without the benefit of actually watching domestic cricket and/or understanding what's happening when they do, that "conventional wisdom" applied in Australia, South Africa, England, India or Sri Lanka should apply here also, even when the overall quality of our domestic cricket is nowhere near theirs.

Other prospects like Soumya Sarkar, Liton Kumar Das and maybe Amit Mazumdar, Mosaddek Hossain Saikat and Asif Ahmed Ratul, I have serious doubts about these 3 and their ability to sustain success at the highest level in terms of both skill and strength of character, have a LONG way to go before we can hope for them to succeed in the senior side.

Zeeshan
August 28, 2012, 12:31 AM
The Awkward moment when you read "Congrats Bijoy for finnishing" at first in main page, and :facepalm: ing that now we are congratulating people just for finishing things.

Rifat
August 28, 2012, 07:16 AM
Well done ma boy. keep us proud. inshaAllah this is just the beginning :clap:

beshideshi
August 28, 2012, 08:35 AM

I do get what you are trying to say. But perhaps that is the main problem, we have to lift the standards up of our first class or send more and more teams abroad for experience.
Because, as many of us might not be aware of, the difference between U19 and Test cricket is pretty much the difference between class 5 and HSC.

There will always be a few players who are different from others, who will excel at an early age and establish themselves anyways. However, there are players[the majority] who will be crushed by the pressure of facing the likes of Steyn/Morkel, and will find it hard to be their best again.

And as Tiger_444 said, S Shuvo is a very ordinary bowler who has very little variety in his repertoire. Compare that to someone like Elias Sunny, who has plied his trades in the first class structure for years and understands the batsman much better, and hence is a better bowler. It will not be surprising to see Shuvo play another couple of years in FC and then be successful in international stage. Mark Taylor once told me, that no matter how much you train, how talented you are, you learn the most by playing in the middle. [I am sorry to bring the same set of players for the argument, but I think there can't be a better example of a player being prepared well by a long and hard domestic career, be it in a weak one like ours]

Also, it's funny how some of our experts had already rated S. Hom as the next bradman, and now he finds it difficult to make it into the A team. He was supposedly ready for international cricket and ready to take down the world. We have way too many experts who have already made calls on players without ever judging their quality properly.

From what I have seen of Anamul, he is not yet ready for international cricket. Put him in the deep end, and he might drown. Put him in the shallow end and he will work his way to the deep end.

I also hope the culture of plucking young promising players from U19 level into the national team will change. I know it is not really feasible in our circumstances, but a player should enter the national team at his PEAK. I hope our FC structure becomes stronger and it helps talented U19 players to make the transition.

AsifTheManRahman
August 28, 2012, 10:06 AM
Very good post :up:

Isn't it interesting that when the nattering Nabobs of negativism give examples of U19 teenagers who couldn't hack it at the highest level, they conveniently ignore the ones who have become successful enough to form the nucleus of our current side?

People really see beyond decontextualized domestic statistics and nationalist pride, and invest in understanding the game well enough to understand what unusual ability and talent is. The kind of RARE talent (Shakib, Tamim, and to a lesser extent Mushfique, Nasir and Riyad) that can actually accelerate development through early exposure at the highest level, ESPECIALLY in light of the farcical quality of our domestic cricket coupled with inadequate A Team and Academy cricket.

Classifying MS Shubho, SR Shubho, Mithun Ali, Nazimuddin, Jahurual Islam Omi, Mehrab Hossain Orion, Rokibul Hasan Nauyon or even Shahriar Nafees Abir in the same category of talent is nothing short of laughable once you actually see them bat anywhere. Granted we've seen our share of genuinely capable U19 players like Al Shahariar Rokon, Nafees Iqbal and Aftab Ahmed who couldn't sustain success for a variety of psychosomatic reasons, probably injury-driven in the case of the elder Iqbal, but we have plenty more who have since early debut at 17, 18 and 19. Both Junaid Siddique Imroze and Imrul Kayes Shagor are in still the reserves, and no way should anyone count Dhiman Ghosh who never debuted early BTW, out yet.

I think the odds are strongly on Bijauy's side. There is NOBODY like him at his level and I think he'll make an immediate, positive impact in our team in dire need of consistent top order contribution. Shuvagata Hom (not a teenager BTW) and Sabbir Rahman Rumman come close with their ability to contribute in the middle and lower middle order respectively in the shorter formats. Mominul Haque Shourav deserves a go but I honestly don't see him sustaining success at the highest level. I'd desperately love to be proved wrong by him. The fact is, too much domestic cricket do more harm than good for such players because they often develop bad habits on crappy pitches playing casual cricket, and regularly get away with things that guarantee failure at the highest level.

Then again some of the pundits here may think, often without the benefit of actually watching domestic cricket and/or understanding what's happening when they do, that "conventional wisdom" applied in Australia, South Africa, England, India or Sri Lanka should apply here also, even when the overall quality of our domestic cricket is nowhere near theirs.

Other prospects like Soumya Sarkar, Liton Kumar Das and maybe Amit Mazumdar, Mosaddek Hossain Saikat and Asif Ahmed Ratul, I have serious doubts about these 3 and their ability to sustain success at the highest level in terms of both skill and strength of character, have a LONG way to go before we can hope for them to succeed in the senior side.
I don't have experience watching modern day domestic cricket in Bangladesh first hand, so this is a genuine question, not a criticism. You were pretty sure Junaid/Junaed/Zunaid/Zunaed was the next best thing after Sachin Tendulkar (ok, I exaggerate), but his performances over the years, in comparison, have been of zeroic proportions. You had placed Shubhogoto Hom on the same otherwise insurmountable pedestal as Sir Bradman (ok, I exaggerate), but so far he has done zilch.

"Oi miya apni boshen, oi pagol naki? Eto pechal pare ken? Eto bhashon dawoner ki ase?"
"Asif miya apni apnar proshno koren, apnar bhashon shonar eto shomoy nai...get to the point"
"Manoniyo speaker amake proshno phormulate korte diben to, proshno phormulate na korle jobab diben kemne? Proshner aaga matha kisu na buijha kemne uttor phormulate korben?"
"Asif miya eto shomoy nai, apnar bhashon baad diya proshno ta koren, naile apnar mic off koira dibo"
"Dhuro jaan giya, aijka jodi shorkari dol er MP hoitam, thiki amare adha ghonta dhoira proshno phormulate korar shomoy diten...birodhi doler MP deikha amare manush boila gonno koren na, tai na? High court e apnar naam e durnitir mamla ko..." (mic gets muted)

Lucky for me we're not in Parliament. So bhashon aside, Sohel bhai, what is the guarantee that you, having watched domestic cricket and made predictions that have gone wronger than an attempted Ashra-scoop off a Dale Steyn yorker, are right this time and why do you think so?

MohammedC
August 28, 2012, 10:49 AM
Congratulation Bijoy

kalpurush
August 28, 2012, 02:27 PM
Congratulation Bijoy
Why?\!?

He failed to take Bangladesh to the final - he failed to motivate his colleagues to play as a team!!

May be a 1/2 congrats instead!!!

AsifTheManRahman
August 28, 2012, 02:39 PM
Why?\!?

He failed to take Bangladesh to the final - he failed to motivate his colleagues to play as a team!!

May be a 1/2 congrats instead!!!
Shetai, naam e bijoy, kaam e haru party. No congratulations until we win the World Cup.

al Furqaan
August 28, 2012, 03:30 PM
Lucky for me we're not in Parliament. So bhashon aside, Sohel bhai, what is the guarantee that you, having watched domestic cricket and made predictions that have gone wronger than an attempted Ashra-scoop off a Dale Steyn yorker, are right this time and why do you think so?

No one has a crystal ball...but haven't you seen the record in front of you? Its all about probabilities which are capped at < 1. And on that front, Anamul has the highest probability based on his record than anyone before him. If Tamim, Shakib, Mushy can be as good as they are with lower probabilities, the odds are in Anam's favor (relatively) speaking.

U-19 level: Scored consistently on England tour 2010
Top scored in WC, only man with multiple hundreds

Academy level: hit 169 vs RSA team with FC bowlers (I think some of them were quite experienced)...just looked it up, guy named Merchant de Lange opened the bowling. Viljoen has lots of FC experience. And Graham Hume has a ridiculous FC avg of under 18! So definitely was against a more than decent attack.

Domestic NCL: 5 hundreds, one of the highest averages, scores consistently...scores in SF/Final matches (118, 49, 193 in the past 2 seasons).

NO ONE has a penchant for big scores like Bijoy does. Not Shakib, not Tamim, not Nasir, not Sir Ashraful who is greater than ALL.

And to all the sissies who are afraid of him "failing", then why play cricket at all? What if we fail. Its not like we've never had failures before. Secondly, give him 10 matches to assert himself. Let him fail, remember that Atapattu had score 5 ducks in his first 6 innings! Don't treat him like Ashraful and yank him after one bad innings. Seriously most of us fans need serious medication!

AsifTheManRahman
August 28, 2012, 04:19 PM
I don't think Ashraful was yanked after one bad inning. That happens now, because even after eleven years of international cricket, he talks, plays and acts like an U-15. Ashraful was given ample chances - more than any international cricketer including Atapattu can dream of.

But anyways, bringing Ashraful into this conversation is pointless, because I doubt anyone can be as brainless as him (there, Anamul: jinxed). I don't think those who don't want him in the team right now need medication or are sissies that are afraid of failure. I think the assumption here is that a more refined Anamul in a couple of years (given the right kind of exposure, coaching, etc) will yield greater returns and be able to hit the ground running with contributions from day one, compared to a more raw version who will likely need twenty innings before making an impact. Given how we're under constant pressure to perform, we probably can't afford to carry a dead wood along for such a long period of time (I know, I know about Ashraful, Abul, Roqibul, Mofizul, Kolimul et al, our selectors, what can I say). I think people who want him to train with McInnes feel that it's worth the wait and taking the hit in the short run for longer term gains, and there's nothing wrong with that line of thinking.

At the same time, there is nothing wrong with those who are thinking he might be ready and able to click right away. Personally, I'm on the fence here. Actually, I don't really give a crap. Losers will be losers until the WC is brought home, doesn't matter who does it for us - Shakib, Tamim, Mushy, Anamul, Pybus, Mushtaq, Mofizul or Kolimul. They're all sissies who lose to Scotland.

I just want to win the MLC this year, then next year, then the next, until I die.

Gowza
August 28, 2012, 06:24 PM
we've been carrying dead woods in our 2nd opener and 1st drop for a long time so if anamul is ready but it takes him a few innings i don't see how having him there will be any worse than it has been.

al Furqaan
August 28, 2012, 06:52 PM
I don't think Ashraful was yanked after one bad inning. That happens now, because even after eleven years of international cricket, he talks, plays and acts like an U-15. Ashraful was given ample chances - more than any international cricketer including Atapattu can dream of.

But anyways, bringing Ashraful into this conversation is pointless, because I doubt anyone can be as brainless as him (there, Anamul: jinxed). I don't think those who don't want him in the team right now need medication or are sissies that are afraid of failure. I think the assumption here is that a more refined Anamul in a couple of years (given the right kind of exposure, coaching, etc) will yield greater returns and be able to hit the ground running with contributions from day one, compared to a more raw version who will likely need twenty innings before making an impact. Given how we're under constant pressure to perform, we probably can't afford to carry a dead wood along for such a long period of time (I know, I know about Ashraful, Abul, Roqibul, Mofizul, Kolimul et al, our selectors, what can I say). I think people who want him to train with McInnes feel that it's worth the wait and taking the hit in the short run for longer term gains, and there's nothing wrong with that line of thinking.

At the same time, there is nothing wrong with those who are thinking he might be ready and able to click right away. Personally, I'm on the fence here. Actually, I don't really give a crap. Losers will be losers until the WC is brought home, doesn't matter who does it for us - Shakib, Tamim, Mushy, Anamul, Pybus, Mushtaq, Mofizul or Kolimul. They're all sissies who lose to Scotland.

I just want to win the MLC this year, then next year, then the next, until I die.

The fact that you wrote a few paragraphs means you give more of a crap than you're letting on :p

That said, you mentioned Anam should be refined provided he gets access to refinement opportuities. Its Bangaldesh, he won't get that chance guaranteed. We don't have the infrastructure - its good enough we've produced his talent, we don't have A team tours, etc. We risk regression. I have no issues with giving him 20 innings to get his groove on. What are we going to do in those 20 innings aways? We'd just let Kayes edge his way to nowhere or watch Ash alternate between brain-farting and brain-freezing. Those 20 innings would be an investment, and likely we'd have a better shot at winning more with him in than with Kayes/Junaid/Ash/whoever. It would be a win-win for image conscious folk.

Now what happens if he fails and "is ruined forever". Well then it means he wasn't mentally strong enough to begin with. No lose done.

Zunaid
August 28, 2012, 07:29 PM
Man. I haven't seen this much excitement over one of our players since ... since the early Ash years. Not even Ash or Tamim garnered such fervor.

beshideshi
August 28, 2012, 08:38 PM
No one has a crystal ball...but haven't you seen the record in front of you? Its all about probabilities which are capped at < 1. And on that front, Anamul has the highest probability based on his record than anyone before him. If Tamim, Shakib, Mushy can be as good as they are with lower probabilities, the odds are in Anam's favor (relatively) speaking.

U-19 level: Scored consistently on England tour 2010
Top scored in WC, only man with multiple hundreds

Academy level: hit 169 vs RSA team with FC bowlers (I think some of them were quite experienced)...just looked it up, guy named Merchant de Lange opened the bowling. Viljoen has lots of FC experience. And Graham Hume has a ridiculous FC avg of under 18! So definitely was against a more than decent attack.

Domestic NCL: 5 hundreds, one of the highest averages, scores consistently...scores in SF/Final matches (118, 49, 193 in the past 2 seasons).

NO ONE has a penchant for big scores like Bijoy does. Not Shakib, not Tamim, not Nasir, not Sir Ashraful who is greater than ALL.

And to all the sissies who are afraid of him "failing", then why play cricket at all? What if we fail. Its not like we've never had failures before. Secondly, give him 10 matches to assert himself. Let him fail, remember that Atapattu had score 5 ducks in his first 6 innings! Don't treat him like Ashraful and yank him after one bad innings. Seriously most of us fans need serious medication!

I know the temptation to test him out is really high, and it could be worth it as well. But just try to remember how helpless he looked against the Zimbabwean/Saffers in the T20 tournament.

He has the ability, he as the mentality, no one is arguing about that. But the step up from "A" team to national team is a huge one, let alone the U19->National team one. So, I say let's be sissies for once and see what waiting another year can give us. From all the scores he has had, and his average, he alongside Asif Ahmed looks like our future batting backbone. I would hate to see us losing a player like him or Asif. [And yes, I have seen Asif play in Dhaka, haven't seen Anamul, but Asif can be as good as Anamul in the near future]

And as Asif bhai said, once this promising kid will have 5-6 straight failures, it will be these fans that will be asking for his head. Bangladeshi media/selectors/fans are not as kind as some other nations. We will not be able to give Anamul a run of say 20 guaranteed games, as much as we would like to, that is the harsh truth. So, I will be a sissy, and hope to see a matured, better Anamul knocking Ashraful out of the team in a year.

Tiger444
August 28, 2012, 08:49 PM
There's an A team tour coming up against the WI HP team. Let's see how he does there. If he performs well there then give him a chance in the WI national team tour. I'm sure things will clear up by then and we'll see if he's ready or not.

al Furqaan
August 28, 2012, 09:44 PM
I know the temptation to test him out is really high, and it could be worth it as well. But just try to remember how helpless he looked against the Zimbabwean/Saffers in the T20 tournament.

UNOFFICIAL T20 series is the WORST place to judge any cricketer. Shakib sucks at T20, look how good he is in Tests and ODIs. This is why T20 cricket is not real cricket. What elements of T20 require classicism? Bear in mind Anamul is a classic batsman, of the "get set then score big" mold.

He has the ability, he as the mentality, no one is arguing about that.

If he really has ability, he will be fine. But he needs time.

But the step up from "A" team to national team is a huge one, let alone the U19->National team one. So, I say let's be sissies for once and see what waiting another year can give us. From all the scores he has had, and his average, he alongside Asif Ahmed looks like our future batting backbone. I would hate to see us losing a player like him or Asif. [And yes, I have seen Asif play in Dhaka, haven't seen Anamul, but Asif can be as good as Anamul in the near future]

Why would we lose him? If he has genuine ability, he will shine. What do we expect will happen by leaving him out of the side? Will he magically get better and be immune to failure. Why not leave Ash out of the side for a year or so if its a magic pill?

Sohel
August 29, 2012, 12:36 AM
@Asif: There are no guarantees bro. It's about whom you put your faith in and why. Sure, the AAA let many of us down, but Shakib, Tamim and Nasir, each debuting in his teens, didn't. Maybe there's still hope for JSI once he finally sorts out his front foot and bottom hand issues, or for IKS once he stops premeditating strokes and blocks. You win some, you lose some and until proven otherwise, I believe we have major winners in Bijauy, Hom (was dropped unfairly IMO in light of his ODI performances) and Rumman.

Zeeshan
August 29, 2012, 12:43 AM
Asif bhai boshen apne. ajaira pechal pairen na.

kotoi to shomiti korlen...koi? kisuu laab hoilo? konoi laab holo na... TNO shaab er tch'ddya dofa krira nirman er komiti koirao to ajke shei je tamim the tamim roye gelo. koi? kisui hoilo na.

Tiger444
August 30, 2012, 07:05 PM
@Asif: There are no guarantees bro. It's about whom you put your faith in and why. Sure, the AAA let many of us down, but Shakib, Tamim and Nasir, each debuting in his teens, didn't. Maybe there's still hope for JSI once he finally sorts out his front foot and bottom hand issues, or for IKS once he stops premeditating strokes and blocks. You win some, you lose some and until proven otherwise, I believe we have major winners in Bijauy, Hom (was dropped unfairly IMO in light of his ODI performances) and Rumman.

Shuvagata and Shabbir could be good #7 batsmen for us for both T20's and ODI'S. They could be picked in subcontinental conditions when we need some overs of spin. Shabbir especially adds variety since he's a leggie. I don't think either should be playing Tests anytime soon though.

Gowza
August 30, 2012, 07:15 PM
shabbir for #7 is a good option imo, shuvagata could be at #7 though i'd prefer him higher. i definitely think shuvagata was unfairly dropped from the national team, i know he was in poor form in domestics but he did nothing wrong playing for the national team, plus by the time the national team played again he was coming back into form. it just doesn't make any sense to debut a player in one series in which they did a decent job and then get dropped the next series. if you're not series about a player as a long term prospect then don't debut them, it's not like he was debuted because someone got injured and they came back the next series, he was genuinely selected then dropped for no reason.

Tiger444
August 30, 2012, 07:24 PM
shabbir for #7 is a good option imo, shuvagata could be at #7 though i'd prefer him higher. i definitely think shuvagata was unfairly dropped from the national team, i know he was in poor form in domestics but he did nothing wrong playing for the national team, plus by the time the national team played again he was coming back into form. it just doesn't make any sense to debut a player in one series in which they did a decent job and then get dropped the next series. if you're not series about a player as a long term prospect then don't debut them, it's not like he was debuted because someone got injured and they came back the next series, he was genuinely selected then dropped for no reason.

From what I remember, he got dropped in favor of Alok Kapali who performed much better than him in domestics. Obviously, that didnt work out too well.Also what didn't help him was Nasir's rise as a batsman and the already packed middle order. You could say it was harsh for him to get dropped but as a professional, you have to be able to bounce back once your out of the team but he hasn't done that. He hasn't even scored a half century in the A team. That's why I have no complaints. If he wants it bad enough, then let him score his way back. I know he has it in him, we'll just have to wait and see if he does.

Gowza
August 30, 2012, 09:45 PM
From what I remember, he got dropped in favor of Alok Kapali who performed much better than him in domestics. Obviously, that didnt work out too well.Also what didn't help him was Nasir's rise as a batsman and the already packed middle order. You could say it was harsh for him to get dropped but as a professional, you have to be able to bounce back once your out of the team but he hasn't done that. He hasn't even scored a half century in the A team. That's why I have no complaints. If he wants it bad enough, then let him score his way back. I know he has it in him, we'll just have to wait and see if he does.

from memory, correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't shuvagata debut in the zim series where nasir started his rise? if that's correct then they did both fit into that team. i hear what you're saying, he definitely didn't perform well for the A team recently so yeah he didn't make a case for himself there, but earlier on in domestics he still scored decently and he did ok in the national team matches he played, alok on the other hand has always been pretty decent in domestics but generally failed in international cricket, so selecting alok was just as big a gamble as taking shuvagata if not bigger.

but definitely you have a very valid point with shuvagata's A team results, he didn't make a case. mominul stood above the rest which is why when it comes to our next test series if he continues the way he has he should definitely be in the squad.

but had they picked shuvagata instead of alok....this could be different now, shuvagata could have continued in the fashion he did when he debuted and he would still be in the national team.

Wasim Ahmed
August 31, 2012, 02:06 AM
http://banglacric.com/anamul-haque-best-of-the-best/

See this article about Bijoy.

BengaliPagol
August 31, 2012, 03:19 AM

See this article about Bijoy.

is this link a link to your own website? That means you are basically advertising your website on BC.

Wasim Ahmed
August 31, 2012, 05:37 AM
is this link a link to your own website? That means you are basically advertising your website on BC.

I want to share my views with others that's why I shared the link. All those photos were taken by me. I don't think we have any rule here of not posting any link. Why are you taking it so negatively!!!???

BengaliPagol
August 31, 2012, 06:07 AM
I want to share my views with others that's why I shared the link. All those photos were taken by me. I don't think we have any rule here of not posting any link. Why are you taking it so negatively!!!???

how am i speaking negatively...

Tiger444
August 31, 2012, 08:05 AM
from memory, correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't shuvagata debut in the zim series where nasir started his rise? if that's correct then they did both fit into that team. i hear what you're saying, he definitely didn't perform well for the A team recently so yeah he didn't make a case for himself there, but earlier on in domestics he still scored decently and he did ok in the national team matches he played, alok on the other hand has always been pretty decent in domestics but generally failed in international cricket, so selecting alok was just as big a gamble as taking shuvagata if not bigger.

but definitely you have a very valid point with shuvagata's A team results, he didn't make a case. mominul stood above the rest which is why when it comes to our next test series if he continues the way he has he should definitely be in the squad.

but had they picked shuvagata instead of alok....this could be different now, shuvagata could have continued in the fashion he did when he debuted and he would still be in the national team.

Ya Nasir and Shuvagata came in at the same time and look at both of them now. Nasir has established himself as a key member in the national team whereas Shuvagata is struggling at the A team level.

I agree looking back at that decision, bringing in Alok ahead of Shuvagata was the wrong decision and Shuvagata should've gotten a longer run before he was discarded.

Judging by A team stats, Mominul should be ahead of all the backup middle order batsmen. There's a lot of competition now for the middle order so Shuvagata has to outperform many players.

Gowza
August 31, 2012, 08:53 AM
Ya Nasir and Shuvagata came in at the same time and look at both of them now. Nasir has established himself as a key member in the national team whereas Shuvagata is struggling at the A team level.

I agree looking back at that decision, bringing in Alok ahead of Shuvagata was the wrong decision and Shuvagata should've gotten a longer run before he was discarded.

Judging by A team stats, Mominul should be ahead of all the backup middle order batsmen. There's a lot of competition now for the middle order so Shuvagata has to outperform many players.

yes no doubt mominul should be the next middle order bat called up.

Dhakablues
August 31, 2012, 10:10 AM
I think some of the T20 picks will eventually make it to the ODI team we well. Pybus has not seen players like Shobhogoto, Mominul etc. and I think players like Jahirul, Zunaid, Forhad, Zia, Ashraful etc. will be within his 'preferred' list of probably ODI players too.. I don't think even Akram led selection committee is thinking beyond those players... Hence, Shubhogoto, Shubho, Alok, Nafees, Shahadat, Imrul like players return looks very unlikely this year...

Navo
August 31, 2012, 10:27 AM

I would attribute an accusatory tone to this. He's allowed to share a link to a personal website - even more so as it's related to cricket.

Gowza
August 31, 2012, 03:49 PM
I think some of the T20 picks will eventually make it to the ODI team we well. Pybus has not seen players like Shobhogoto, Mominul etc. and I think players like Jahirul, Zunaid, Forhad, Zia, Ashraful etc. will be within his 'preferred' list of probably ODI players too.. I don't think even Akram led selection committee is thinking beyond those players... Hence, Shubhogoto, Shubho, Alok, Nafees, Shahadat, Imrul like players return looks very unlikely this year...

hopefully being that mominul was the best of the batsmen in the recent A team matches that pybus will know of him. i know if is was coach of the national team i'd be looking at results of the A team so i'm sure pybus is.

Wasim Ahmed
August 31, 2012, 04:03 PM
Anamul Haque becomes the first Bangladeshi player to top the batting chart of a World Cup. Anamul adapted very well in the bouncy track of Australia and he did it so well that he amassed 365 runs from 6 outings at an average of 60.83. He is the only batsman to score two tons in the competition and the second highest run scorer Babar Azam fell 78 runs short of Anam’s tally.

AsifTheManRahman
August 31, 2012, 04:04 PM
Thank you for the information.

Wasim Ahmed
August 31, 2012, 04:10 PM
Anamul has all the required postures to become a world-beater as he has already confirmed in this World Cup. He just needs to keep his focus right and work hard to enrich his game to meet the ever-changing challenges of International cricket.

AsifTheManRahman
August 31, 2012, 04:11 PM
I had no clue. Thank you.

Ajfar
August 31, 2012, 04:13 PM
Wasim bhai welcome to BC. I know you are new around here so allow me to enlighten you. We here at BC (Bangla Cricket) know everything there is to about pretty much all of our players. So just an FYI, look around before you open up new thread. Chances are if you interested in sharing information regarding our players that happened a week or so ago we already discussed it. I'm not saying don't open new thread, people are always opening up new thread and we have intense discussions on all kinds of topic, but just have a look around before you open up a new thread.

Mods, can someone please merge this thread with the official Anamul thread.

BengaliPagol
August 31, 2012, 06:29 PM
I would attribute an accusatory tone to this. He's allowed to share a link to a personal website - even more so as it's related to cricket.

my bad.

BengaliPagol
August 31, 2012, 06:32 PM
I dont think he has achieved the status of 'the best of the best' just yet. He needs to get into the national team first before he can claim to be the 'best of the best'.

Wasim Ahmed
August 31, 2012, 06:40 PM
Best of the best in this year's world cup.

BengaliPagol
August 31, 2012, 06:42 PM
^fair enough.

rashed
August 31, 2012, 07:09 PM
I had no clue. Thank you.

:lol: the irony, moderator being sarcastic.

Gowza
August 31, 2012, 07:45 PM
Best of the best in the u19 world cup maybe but he gas a lot of work to be best of the best on the international scene, I've no doubt he can achieve it though, just has to work for it.

PoorFan
August 31, 2012, 08:47 PM
Wasim, keep up your hard work, nice to see you are following them closely. This thread will be merged with this (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=41813) thread.

-Mod

Wasim Ahmed
August 31, 2012, 10:54 PM
Wasim, keep up your hard work, nice to see you are following them closely. This thread will be merged with this (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=41813) thread.

-Mod

Thank you very much.