PDA

View Full Version : Should Anamul Haque Get a Senior Team Cap Immediately?

al Furqaan
August 28, 2012, 01:48 AM
BC seems polarized...simple question...where do you stand?

RazabQ
August 28, 2012, 01:54 AM
I'll answer when people can agree on who should be dropped.

Zunaid
August 28, 2012, 01:57 AM

I think you ask the reverse question. Who makes it in no questions asked and then who are the also rans fighting for the remaining spots.

deshprem
August 28, 2012, 01:58 AM
don't know what cap he should be given, but he definitely needs to be around the team/team training 24/7

Gowza
August 28, 2012, 02:02 AM
in the test and ODI squads for sure imo, i'd probably play him to.

Rabz
August 28, 2012, 02:28 AM

From the current T20 team bound for Sri Lanka, I'd rather drop Farhad Reza and bring Anamul in. Reza has little chance to make it to the playing XI and I'd rather have the likes of Anamul to travel with the team and get sort of used to the environments of the international cricket by acclimatize himself.

I think he might get a chance in the WI series come this November.

RazabQ
August 28, 2012, 02:30 AM
Z bhai, I have the order the way I prefer. We have a settled side going into T20 - one of Ash or Junaid to partner TIK up the order. Shakfu @ 3. Nasir, Mushy, Riyadh and Zia will float for slots 4-7. Sunny at 8. Mash at 9. Shafi at 10 and Razzak at 11.

So who goes out for Anam? If you want to drop a pacer (say Shafi) then one of Jahurul or Ash or Junaid would still get my nod.

RazabQ
August 28, 2012, 02:31 AM
Rabz - Reza is playing the backup medium pace AR role. It is clear that Pybus favors having one in the side for balance.

Zunaid
August 28, 2012, 02:44 AM
Z bhai, I have the order the way I prefer. We have a settled side going into T20 - one of Ash or Junaid to partner TIK up the order. Shakfu @ 3. Nasir, Mushy, Riyadh and Zia will float for slots 4-7. Sunny at 8. Mash at 9. Shafi at 10 and Razzak at 11.

So who goes out for Anam? If you want to drop a pacer (say Shafi) then one of Jahurul or Ash or Junaid would still get my nod.

Anam to play musical chairs with Ash/Junaed. Other than that - I can't fault your lineup for the T20s - given Rubel is still injured (he would have replaced Kate Moss).

RazabQ
August 28, 2012, 03:15 AM
Gelo Z bhai's street cred with that typo. Joldi fix it - I know you meant Rubel but the young'uns don't know you that well :)

Zunaid
August 28, 2012, 03:23 AM
Gelo Z bhai's street cred with that typo. Joldi fix it - I know you meant Rubel but the young'uns don't know you that well :)

Danke for the face saver.

Sohel
August 28, 2012, 03:30 AM
I. T20Is

1. Tamim
2. M:facepalm:tin/Imr:facepalm:ze
3. Bijauy
4. Shakib/Riyad/Shouraubh
5. Riyad/Shakib
6. Mit'hu/Nasir
7. Nasir/Mit'hu
8. Rumman

II. ODIs

1. Tamim
2. M:facepalm:tin/Imr:facepalm:ze/KaEdge
3. Bijauy
4. Riyad/Shouraubh
5. Shakib
6. Mit'hu/Nasir
7. Nasir/Mit'hu
8. Hom

III. Tests

1. Tamim
2. M:facepalm:tin/Imr:facepalm:ze
3. Bijauy
4. Riyad/Shouraubh
5. Shakib
6. Mit'hu
7. Nasir
8. Hom

Jadukor
August 28, 2012, 03:57 AM
He is a huge prospect for us. I would be willing to take my time and let him develop further (couple more years) before throwing him into the big leagues

MohammedC
August 28, 2012, 04:08 AM
He is a huge prospect for us. I would be willing to take my time and let him develop further (couple more years) before throwing him into the big leagues

I am with magician. Must get few A team tour also practice regularly with national squad like they did for Nasir. Yea 2 years or may be next winter.

Rabz
August 28, 2012, 04:19 AM
Rabz - Reza is playing the backup medium pace AR role. It is clear that Pybus favors having one in the side for balance.

Yes, it is indeed. But I thought since Reza would most likely be restricted to warm the bench, I'd rather have some young prospects doing that. Anamul's inclusion in the national team is inevitable, a question of when not if.

That should pretty much be the line up.
About dropping Shafi (if they do), I say why not play Reza instead ??
After all, he is there as a pace AR and neither Shafi/Reza would get more than 2 overs to bowl (3 on their good day). Reza 'could' bat a bit as well.

BengaliPagol
August 28, 2012, 04:42 AM
Even my indian friends reckon that Anamul is going to be big and is a special talent. They made that assumption purely based on the fact that he topped the run scoring charts in conditions that he has never played in. And also on the fact that the 2nd highest run getter was almost 80 runs away from Anamul (which is quite a considerable amount).

Ian Pont
August 28, 2012, 05:13 AM
I don't think it is ever a problem to 'blood' someone in International cricket, as long as he is supported and allowed to develop without crazy expectations from everyone.

Ian Bell for example was brought in and told by Duncan Fletcher (the then Head Coach) that Bell would get 5 Test matches at least and so to relax and play his natural game. This is the type of man management that helps a young kid coming into a difficult environment.

Secondly, it is always easier to bring in young talent when it's a winning changing room rather than a losing one. The habit of winning and believing the players are winners, is vital if the new lads want to thrive.

I said previously that Anamul had something special about him, almost fearless. The entire time with the DG at the BPL I told him not to be like most Bangladesh national players and just settle for ODI cricket - but to become the best and stay focused and professional. I strongly believe it is what's in his head that will determine his success. We have all see this with Ash for ourselves.

So the message is, he is good enough to play. Introduce him when possible because he is a talent. Keep expectations low for him and support him regardless early on. It's a massive step up from BD cricket to world class standings and it will take time. But let him make mistakes as they will make him stronger.

I am sure he isn't the only good youngster we will see emerge during the next year or so

Naimul_Hd
August 28, 2012, 05:33 AM
Not yet. No need to rush. He is a great prospect for Bangladesh, no doubt. He has been doing quite well but honestly, i don't want him in the National team right now. Since Richard McInnes is here, i want him to get proper nurture and guidance from Richard before we consider him for National team.

I say, let him play in FC, BPL, High Performance Tours for at least 1-2 years. Increase his hunger for success more. National team place shouldn't be for granted. Its too bad that we are letting jodu modu to play in national team, but that's it. Now, we need to change the pattern. For any youngster to get into national team, he has to consistently perform in FC, foreign tours till 22-23. No more under 21 kids in National team.

dash
August 28, 2012, 06:37 AM
al-furqan bhai ....i want to vote for limited overs only (ODI and t20) atm

jeesh
August 28, 2012, 06:48 AM
I voted ODI only. Even that he has a lot to learn. Under 19 would have given him a world of confidence. But its not the same as international cricket, and from what can judge from his interview he already knows that. So working at the academy and a few more A team tours will do him a lot of good before pushing him into the deep end. Remember Shakib also spent a lot of time in the high performance unit before he got a shot.

HereWeGo
August 28, 2012, 07:01 AM
No, since he was tried and he failed miserably...

Also this is based on performance in U19 WC where most players have almost no FC experience. He is an amazing prospect but I do believe he needs a little more time...

Night_wolf
August 28, 2012, 07:02 AM
In test----Subcontinent=yes,outside=No
in Odi-----yes
In T20----Not yet...this is purely because he looked uncomfortable in zim and also the hasn't done anything significant in t20s, i hate the concept of picking players in one format based on his performance on other

Rifat
August 28, 2012, 07:13 AM
Normally, for any other player I would say more grooming is required. for this case, I say he is an exception. Every country has produced cricketers that happens to be "the exception" from time to time.

Go Anamul Go :fanflag:

Ajfar
August 28, 2012, 08:01 AM
Yes. On the test series against WI. For 2 reasons,1) check his FC records 2) We are playing at home.

mufi_02
August 28, 2012, 08:26 AM
I say send him to McInnes for at least a year. Richard will fine tune Anamul even better and then send him to few A and Academy tours. Let him play another season of DPL and then see where he stands. Other U-19 talents such as Chand and Babar Azam will need to wait another few seasons to get a chance. We don't have that luxury but at least we can give Anamul one season in the domestics.

M.H.Rubel
August 28, 2012, 10:50 AM
Yes, it is indeed. But I thought since Reza would most likely be restricted to warm the bench, I'd rather have some young prospects doing that. Anamul's inclusion in the national team is inevitable, a question of when not if.

That should pretty much be the line up.
About dropping Shafi (if they do), I say why not play Reza instead ??
After all, he is there as a pace AR and neither Shafi/Reza would get more than 2 overs to bowl (3 on their good day). Reza 'could' bat a bit as well.
So you want to play with 3 S L A?
Srilanka have some fastest wicket in the world. In this situations i am not interested to play with 3 S L A. Rathet i want to play with Farhad Reza.
1. Shakib
2. Sunny/Raj
3. Mash
4.Shafiul
5. Riyad + Farhad Reza
I want to use Riad and Reza as 5th bower. This will bring huge variation in the bowling attack and batting will be balanced as well.

simon
August 28, 2012, 12:02 PM
Anamul dekhi Ash er motoi agaitasey,ek er por ek thread, lokkhon bhalo na. :-|

SS
August 28, 2012, 01:08 PM
no way...over the dead body of sir
but for now he can be the ball boy of Sir and do some sheba jotno of him...Guru r sheba korle kopal khulibe Anamul

roman
August 28, 2012, 01:18 PM
No way Jose..Send him to McCINNES, have him do some fine tuning , let him get one more season and may be then he should be considered. Naira ek baar bel tolay jay. How.many times do you need to go over there? Let's take the right step atleast for once. Why rush?

al Furqaan
August 28, 2012, 02:59 PM
Baptize by Fire!

Yasin.
August 28, 2012, 03:36 PM
Is he good enough or better than batsmen playing in the national team right now? If yes get him in and send the others to McInnes. Why can't that be done?

If you are good enouhg, you are old enough. Bring him on, I say.

kalpurush
August 28, 2012, 03:55 PM
Is he good enough or better than batsmen playing in the national team right now? If yes get him in and send the others to McInnes. Why can't that be done?

Ha! Ha!! :floor:

I like I like !!!

Gowza
August 28, 2012, 06:40 PM

that's the thing, if he's the best we got and we don't play him then we aren't putting the best team on the field that we can. give him a run in the national team, if he prospers then awesome, if he doesn't then send him back to mcinnes. but we cdertainly don't want him getting bad habits in domestic cricket, with his attitude he very much seems like a guy who likes to be challenged and gets the best out of himself when a challenge is put in front of him.

Naimul_Hd
August 28, 2012, 08:37 PM
So you want to play with 3 S L A?
Srilanka have some fastest wicket in the world. In this situations i am not interested to play with 3 S L A. Rathet i want to play with Farhad Reza.
1. Shakib
2. Sunny/Raj
3. Mash
4.Shafiul
5. Riyad + Farhad Reza
I want to use Riad and Reza as 5th bower. This will bring huge variation in the bowling attack and batting will be balanced as well.

Rubel bhai...eita ki kon ? Since when SL have fastest wicket in the world ? Just look at SLPL matches. 150+ is considered to be winning scores. Forget about their local players, even International batters have been struggling to score decent total. Ball is keeping low and slow.

In T20 WC, our first target should be 'NZ' (Pak is 2nd target). Did you see how NZ batters struggled against Indian spinner ? I believe our spinners are better than indian spinners. So, considering SL's slow and sluggish pitch and NZ's weakness against spinners, we should go for 3 spinners without any doubt if we want to beat NZ or any other non-asian countries.

M.H.Rubel
August 28, 2012, 09:21 PM
Rubel bhai...eita ki kon ? Since when SL have fastest wicket in the world ? Just look at SLPL matches. 150+ is considered to be winning scores. Forget about their local players, even International batters have been struggling to score decent total. Ball is keeping low and slow.

In T20 WC, our first target should be 'NZ' (Pak is 2nd target). Did you see how NZ batters struggled against Indian spinner ? I believe our spinners are better than indian spinners. So, considering SL's slow and sluggish pitch and NZ's weakness against spinners, we should go for 3 spinners without any doubt if we want to beat NZ or any other non-asian countries.

Naimul vai, I was also unaware of the Srilanka wicket. I just heard that srilanka have some fast grassy wickets. But during this S L P L in a match D Jones was telling that this is the fastest wicket in the world and There are some good fast traks in Srilanka. I was astonished though. So my inference is probably they have some tracks those are faster than the conventional Continental wickets but condition don't allow to bowl express.

Selecting team against N Z will mainly depend upon what type wicket we get there and how many left handed batsman N Z have.

I am never interested to play with 3 sla routinely specialy if the wicket is fast with green top.

betaar
August 28, 2012, 11:16 PM
I think Mcinnes is the right approach though Anamul's performance gives us the impression that he might be ready technically but the question is is he mentally?

Here's some excerpts from Ian Chappell on throwing young talented players in the international games:
The very best players need to be constantly challenged from a young age, and that means regularly being upgraded when they have success at a lower level. I recall an exasperated Rod Marsh, when he was head coach at the Australian Academy, blurting out: "Thank heavens for Tasmania." When I asked why, he replied: "They pick young players on ability, not age." Tasmania's selectorial wisdom resulted in the fast-tracking of David Boon and Ricky Ponting.

Here's the link: http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/579325.html

Dilscoop
August 28, 2012, 11:53 PM
No. You have it too easy, you turn into Aftabs. You work your butt off and you get Kohli.

Put him in the A team. Let him tour around, work his butt off then give him a call.

Habib
August 29, 2012, 12:27 AM
^Exactly. Even if he does well at debut, it doesn't mean he's gonna be successful later on. We have had plenty of those cases already. Fan der haat nishpish kortese Anamul k senior team a khelanor jonno and that is quite understandable. Let's just endure a little and not repeat history.

hoodlum
August 29, 2012, 02:05 AM
No. You have it too easy, you turn into Aftabs. You work your butt off and you get Kohli.

Put him in the A team. Let him tour around, work his butt off then give him a call.

Exactly my thoughts.

Dont want him in the team right now.

BengaliPagol
August 29, 2012, 07:00 AM
If a national cricketing team resorts to an 19 year old then i believe that shows how poor the designated countries FC system is. Logically speaking, out of all the players in the tournament how many of them are 'prospects' for their national team respectively? Answer is 1, Anamul Haque. Even though there has been talk about Unmukt Chand and co, they realistically arent going to be national prospects atm because they have to fight out Rohit Sharma, Pujara, Manoj Tiwary and others which is hard at this time.

Relying on U19 players realistically shows the poor talent that is going around in the country, that the team is in a desperate situation to get good players. I think thats the phase Bangladesh are going through. Even though Bossisto did well for Aus, do you think Australia will be looking at him as a prospect? No. Why not? Simple answer. Because they have so many other players to look at ie Khawaja, Forrest, Shaun Marsh, P. Hughes, Steve Smith, Daniel Harris, Aaron Finch, C. White, Ferguson, Maddinson, Mitchell Marsh and the list goes on.

Who are the batting prospects for Bangladesh? Its a small list actually. Shahriar Nafees, Junaed, Rokibul (had to add him), Jahurul, Ashraful (if you consider it), Imrul, Mominul, S. Hom, Anamul and BOOM the list ends. This clearly shows the limited cricketing talent that Bangladesh posess. The talent is small in our FC cricket.

From this we can say that Bangladesh are desperate to find a solid no. 3 batsmen. Thats why we pluck out U19 boys and try to fast track them into the national team. We have been doing this forever and i dont think its the best thing to. We only do this because we are desperate to find a solid batsmen.

Gowza
August 29, 2012, 08:41 AM
well there is a chance de kock could be selected for SA with boucher having retired, and babar azam has already played for oakistan A and he's only 17, and of course chand is a prospect, he's an opener so he doesn't have many other players to fight through to get to the national.

plenty of teams pick youngsters, especially recently. australia picked cummins as an 18 year old, pattinson was only 20 when he debuted, england debuted cook really young and look at him, NZ have kane williamson, india picked kohli young, sri lanka have chandimal, pakistan debuted umar akaml at a young age.

just because a country debuts some players at a young age doesn't mean their FC system is poor. the australian system is pretty decent and most of their debuts nowadays are players in their early 20s.

of course BD does fast track youngsters more than other countries do, and yes they have had failures but there have also some successes and those ones have turned out to be most of our core (shakib, tamim, mushy, nasir, rubel).

let's not talk about anamul as the average 19 year old player because he isn't, he's much further ahead of any 19 year old BD has produced, the only ones that may have been ahead of him at that age are the shakib's, tamim's etc and that's because they were fast tracked and were givent eh chance to perform on a higher stage.

like i've said before, each player has to be looked at individually, just because one isn't ready at 19 (even most), doesn't mean another can't be ready at that age.

Tiger444
August 29, 2012, 08:51 AM
As someone said over here, if you're good enough, you're old enough and Anamul has surely proved he's good enough.

Also we're seeing a lot of young players coming in because we're a team still in transition and trying to fill in the holes. Also you see that nowadays, teams are throwing in a lot of young talent in, especially with teams like WI, NZ and SL. So it's not like we're the only ones doing it. With all the shorter formats now being played, you see teams wanting to throw in the young talent while the more experienced play Tests.

Max100
August 29, 2012, 09:58 AM
I will select him for test only. He seems like a longer version match player, same used to apply for shohrawardi shuvo. But we have tendency to use player in opposite format, where they are less suitable. Asif, anamul are longer version match player, while mominul is more likely for all three versions

SS
August 29, 2012, 09:59 AM
I understand for BD team international standard development happens in national team level and we had some success but still 80% failure retaining a quality class international level good players all these years. We are progressing at snail speed, but as all of you mentioned Anamul has not ordinary U19 players but you also have to see what is the level of opposition he faced during U19 world cup. We can say he scored in leagues, BPL etc. with against more mature bowlers but his experiment in Zimb failed. Though he seems to be back again in U19 worldcup but definitely those fast tracked decision playing him in a format like t20 in Zimb did not work for some reason. We are really disappointed to see good players short stint and stay in national players besides just 2 or 3, we really don't want to mess up with this promising kid like 80% of other players who just come and fade away gradually. We gota do something different to retain him.

Out_You_Go
August 29, 2012, 11:23 AM
Voted for 'only ODIs'. IMO, we should give him a go ahead there. Cant really judge him from the unofficial T-20s outcomes.

Anamul will solve our opener problem i believe. He and Tamim can be a good opening pair for us..also the factor of left-right combination comes to play as well. There is no harm in trying. At most if he fails, being a matured guy, he would realize that he needs to work hard more and i think that would just make him better. After all, 'failure is the first step to success'!

Rubu
August 29, 2012, 02:25 PM
I will wait at least a year more.

BengaliPagol
August 29, 2012, 03:03 PM
i didnt say Anamul is an ordinary U19 player. I want him in the team but to me the way the BCB always rely on U19 players doesnt appeal to me. But i think Anamul should be in the national team

layperson
August 29, 2012, 03:41 PM
When someone says Anamul should not be in the team because he is 19 and too young thats like the old school typical government employee saying that you need to be a minimum so and so age before you can be the ceo of a company !!! uttter backward thinking and lacks vision.

If you are good enough to be a ceo age should not be a factor, similarly the only thing we need to look at now is if anamul is better than the batsmen in the existing 11 and based on that solely he warrants a chance in the national team.

if anyone has other reaons other than 19 being too young to be in the national fold please put forth your reasoning. Rest of you old school ers can start handwriting a letter to protest my post since you all probably dont believe in using computers too.

Jadukor
August 29, 2012, 04:51 PM
It's not as if we didn't try throwing in youngsters in the past. This is more about learning from our mistakes and properly grooming talent this time round. Anamul might succeed but what if he doesn't? He was tried in T-20 and he failed. What if he fails in the longer versions too? Do we then discard him like the experimented players in the past and jump on to the next 18 yr old who scored a century at the U19 level? or do we ensure that these promising kids iron out their technical flaws and gain first class experience? I would say that the probability of success is much higher for the latter route.

There are exceptional talents that do come into the national team at a young age like Tendulkar and Ponting... but we need to see how many generations it takes to have somebody as talented as those guys. Rather than assuming that the boy is the next tendulkar it is wiser to invest into making him the next Hussey

Gowza
August 29, 2012, 05:15 PM
Voted for 'only ODIs'. IMO, we should give him a go ahead there. Cant really judge him from the unofficial T-20s outcomes.

Anamul will solve our opener problem i believe. He and Tamim can be a good opening pair for us..also the factor of left-right combination comes to play as well. There is no harm in trying. At most if he fails, being a matured guy, he would realize that he needs to work hard more and i think that would just make him better. After all, 'failure is the first step to success'!

i think it would be better if he played at #3 it's the spot he wants, so he's more likely to work harder if he's put there, going by his attitude in his interviews.

Tiger444
August 29, 2012, 06:41 PM
i think it would be better if he played at #3 it's the spot he wants, so he's more likely to work harder if he's put there, going by his attitude in his interviews.

For T20's and ODI's, I think it's better that Shakib bats at #3 since he's our best batsmen for the shorter forms of the games. So in that case, I think Anamul should bat as an opener for the shorter forms of the game. In tests, however, I want Anamul to bat at #3.

Gowza
August 29, 2012, 06:58 PM
For T20's and ODI's, I think it's better that Shakib bats at #3 since he's our best batsmen for the shorter forms of the games. So in that case, I think Anamul should bat as an opener for the shorter forms of the game. In tests, however, I want Anamul to bat at #3.

i respect that, my opinion is that he shouldn't play t20s yet, don't mind if he opens in one-dayers although shakib doesn't seem to want to bat at #3 and anamul does...definitely #3 for tests i agree.

Tiger444
August 29, 2012, 07:36 PM
i respect that, my opinion is that he shouldn't play t20s yet, don't mind if he opens in one-dayers although shakib doesn't seem to want to bat at #3 and anamul does...definitely #3 for tests i agree.

With Pybus coming in, we saw Shakib batting immediately at #3 and I see him doing the same for ODI's as he said he's not looking for much change in the shorter formats. And I think with time Anamul will be a good T20 batsman. Let's not forget that T20's are still very new in BD and we can see that even our most experienced players have struggled in T20's. So if we give him time, I believe he'll come good for the T20 format as well. As you know, a good batsman is a good batsman, regardless of format.

Gowza
August 29, 2012, 07:45 PM
With Pybus coming in, we saw Shakib batting immediately at #3 and I see him doing the same for ODI's as he said he's not looking for much change in the shorter formats. And I think with time Anamul will be a good T20 batsman. Let's not forget that T20's are still very new in BD and we can see that even our most experienced players have struggled in T20's. So if we give him time, I believe he'll come good for the T20 format as well. As you know, a good batsman is a good batsman, regardless of format.

true a good batsman is a good batsman regardless of format but players have to focus on different things for t20 which aren't always good for the other 2 formats, just checkout what t20 is doing for spinners, a lot of spinners dart the ball in a lot more because of t20s and it makes them less effective in the longer formats. i think for now ODIs and tests are best for anamul, down the track i expect him to be in the t20 team but i think early on maybe it's best he focus's on ODIs and tests.

Tiger444
August 29, 2012, 08:03 PM
true a good batsman is a good batsman regardless of format but players have to focus on different things for t20 which aren't always good for the other 2 formats, just checkout what t20 is doing for spinners, a lot of spinners dart the ball in a lot more because of t20s and it makes them less effective in the longer formats. i think for now ODIs and tests are best for anamul, down the track i expect him to be in the t20 team but i think early on maybe it's best he focus's on ODIs and tests.

I see your point there. It could mess with his temperament. Ideally, I want a big striker there alongsides Tamim in T20's but don't really see anyone besides Junaid. Heard that Fazle Mahmud is a big striker but is still very raw. Maybe he could be the answer?

Gowza
August 29, 2012, 08:07 PM
I see your point there. It could mess with his temperament. Ideally, I want a big striker there alongsides Tamim in T20's but don't really see anyone besides Junaid. Heard that Fazle Mahmud is a big striker but is still very raw. Maybe he could be the answer?

i think sohel speaks pretty highly of fazle mahmud, haven't seen himself but from what i've heard he's got the ability, more than happy to give him a chance at the top of the order in t20s. milon should also be considered for the t20 team, and alauddin babu but for the top of the order yes fazle mahmud i think could be one to try.

Tiger444
August 29, 2012, 09:17 PM
Ya he rated him very highly. Well anyways, I'm sure Pybus will play players in the right formats. As we're seeing already, he had Shabbir in the preliminary squad for the T20 WC. So it seems he's already putting players in according to the format.

Ajfar
August 29, 2012, 09:25 PM

Shakib should bat at number 3 in T20/ODI only if we are chasing a ridiculously big total. Our batting line up is still heavily reliant on Tamim and Shakib. You make them bat one after another, that's a recipe for disaster. It might work someday, but on days we lose Tamim and Shakib with the first 5-10 overs, the rest of the batting line up could be playing catch up for the rest of the innings. I think in general Shakib should bat at number 4, not too high up the order not too low down the order. But given the fact that he is our number 1 performer and can pretty much bat at any slots possible he might have to shift around depending on the match situation. For example if we are chasing 180 in T20, no point holding Shakib back, so bring him in at number 3. If we are chasing 140-150 we don't have to bring him up that early. Let others play see if they can build a platform and save him for later incase there is a batting collapse. Shakib is our trump card, so we have got to use him appropriately. Shakib is not like other batsman's that he will only perform at only one batting position.

Tiger444
August 29, 2012, 09:44 PM
Shakib should bat at number 3 in T20/ODI only if we are chasing a ridiculously big total. Our batting line up is still heavily reliant on Tamim and Shakib. You make them bat one after another, that's a recipe for disaster. It might work someday, but on days we lose Tamim and Shakib with the first 5-10 overs, the rest of the batting line up could be playing catch up for the rest of the innings. I think in general Shakib should bat at number 4, not too high up the order not too low down the order. But given the fact that he is our number 1 performer and can pretty much bat at any slots possible he might have to shift around depending on the match situation. For example if we are chasing 180 in T20, no point holding Shakib back, so bring him in at number 3. If we are chasing 140-150 we don't have to bring him up that early. Let others play see if they can build a platform and save him for later incase there is a batting collapse. Shakib is our trump card, so we have got to use him appropriately. Shakib is not like other batsman's that he will only perform at only one batting position.

Ya I don't mind him batting at #4. He shouldn't be batting anywhere below that. #5 was too low and we would often see that us in big trouble before he came in to bat.

Gowza
August 30, 2012, 01:35 AM
Ya I don't mind him batting at #4. He shouldn't be batting anywhere below that. #5 was too low and we would often see that us in big trouble before he came in to bat.

bat him from 3 to 5, i think #5 is ok, just. obviously #6 is to low, #3 or #4 is ideal. #3 spot is a very important role but so is #4 i mean really if you pick out the most important places in a team in terms of batting then having at least one good opener is imperative, then decent #3s and #4s and then a good finisher at 6 or 7.

BengaliPagol
August 30, 2012, 06:53 AM
I think even if we put Shakib at #3 and both Tamim & Shakib get out, the rest of our line ie Nasir, Mushfiq, Mahmudullah etc. are good enough to bat through the rest of the overs. I would want Shakib to bat at #3 but i dont think he wants to in ODI's. If Anamul clicks in the openers slot and possible inclusion of Mominul Haque could really strengthen our batting lineup IMO.

Future ODI's batting lineup
1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Shakib
4. Riyad
5. Mominul
6. Mushfiqur
7. Nasir

To me i dont care if Anamul 'prefers' to bat at #3. If the team needs him as an opener then thats where he should bat.