PDA

View Full Version : Should Bangladesh Invite Zimbabwe For a Tour In December 2012?

shams91
September 3, 2012, 03:41 AM
Pakistan has sought a postponement of its tour of Zimbabwe later this year, as it clashes with a proposed tour (http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/572617.html) of India. Pakistan are scheduled to tour Zimbabwe for a series of two Tests, three ODIs and two T20s from December to January but, having agreed to resume bilateral ties with India earlier this year, their winter schedule is likely to need some tweaking.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/580382.html

So we have a good chance to play Zimbabwe if the Board can arrange a tour in december. It will be very ideal if we can arrange some Test matches as we don't play much. The BPL starts around Mid Jan so its possible to play them before. However, if BCB is unable to arrange anything for the national team, Then they should work on arranging a tour or invite Zim to play against the BD A team.

al Furqaan
September 3, 2012, 04:03 AM
ZC might not be able to finance this tour...if so BCB should propose and then fund the ZIMs for OUR benefit. Plus they can probably sell the sponsorship and still make a profit. Be a good host but keep costs on the low.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 04:21 AM
Why not 3 tests, 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is?

shams91
September 3, 2012, 04:27 AM
Why not 3 tests, 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is?

The Duration is too long, it might clash with BPL.

Like 3 test will take nearly a month, whole of december.

and you would have 15 days to play 3 ODIs and 3 T20I.

I guess all BPL teams would want players to be in the respective team 1 week before BPL match starts.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 05:32 AM
There's a good chance of the BPL not happening. Besides, as a test playing nation, we should get our priorities straight. :)

shams91
September 3, 2012, 05:49 AM
There's a good chance of the BPL not happening. Besides, as a test playing nation, we should get our priorities straight. :)

I really hope BPL happens, This time around we can attract some good players.

Majority of South African and New Zealand players will be available.

The likes of Albie Morkel, Jacques Kallis, Wayne Parnell, Brendan McCullum, Ross Taylor, Tim Southee and others.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 05:51 AM
BPL is facing more of a payment issue from Players' reps than availability.

shams91
September 3, 2012, 05:54 AM
BPL is facing more of a payment issue from Players' reps than availability.

I guess all other leagues IPL, SLPL and etc has or had issues with payment, hopefully it will be solved before the tournment, I am sure Kamal want's to make some money. The Whole of Zim players will be available as the tour against Pak likely to be postponed.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 05:58 AM
They have but those they weren't nearly as widespread and bad as what we did. We've managed to destroy both trust and credibility.

shams91
September 3, 2012, 06:00 AM
Trust and Credibility of who, how many players?

I am sure more than 90% of players got paid on time, right?

IPL should have been destroyed, I mean the Trust and Credibility, The Modi Allegation.

They had so many things negative but it was not highlighted like us, why?

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 06:02 AM
Trust and Credibility of who, how many players?

I am sure more than 90% of players got paid on time, right?

To FICA and no.

shams91
September 3, 2012, 06:05 AM
To FICA and no.

IPL dont give a Damn about FICA, we atleast responded to them, even if it means we took more than 6+ months, IPL never, they dont care about this FICA and Beca! ofcourse its wrong to have this player payment issues, but at the end, they are run by owners who have businesses, and in business u have a good financial year and also a bad one. look at deccan, they are selling the franchise.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 06:10 AM
BPL isn't the IPL. BCB isn't BCCI.

shams91
September 3, 2012, 06:13 AM
BPL isn't the IPL. BCB isn't BCCI.

Bpl should not be the IPL, We should be what we are.

BCCI sort of runs ICC, so in that respect yeah, they have more power.

Inshallah in future, with the right people running BCB we will have bright future.

Naimul_Hd
September 3, 2012, 06:18 AM
ZC might not be able to finance this tour...if so BCB should propose and then fund the ZIMs for OUR benefit. Plus they can probably sell the sponsorship and still make a profit. Be a good host but keep costs on the low.

If i am not mistaken, ZC wanted to play some T20 matches in Bangladesh as their T20 WC preparation. So, if they could manage that tour (which BCB rejected) then i don't see why ZC would face financial crisis to tour this time around. Moreover, Bangladesh will be hosting them. So, BCB has to make all the arrangement.

Sohel
September 3, 2012, 06:21 AM
Bpl should not be the IPL, We should be what we are.

BCCI sort of runs ICC, so in that respect yeah, they have more power.

Inshallah in future, with the right people running BCB we will have bright future.

I had power, not anything else in mind. The right people running BCB won't happen in the foreseeable future without the country being run by the right people.

simon
September 3, 2012, 06:27 AM
forget Zim, we should do something to get NZ at home for a 5 match Test series :rolleyes:

zinatf
September 3, 2012, 06:32 AM
Nah! Onek hoise Zimbabwe-er shathe "cricket cricket khela".....ekhon NZ/SA/AUS/SL...ederke daka uchit!

Naimul_Hd
September 3, 2012, 06:54 AM
Nah! Onek hoise Zimbabwe-er shathe "cricket cricket khela".....ekhon NZ/SA/AUS/SL...ederke daka uchit!

Oh accha tai !! Last Test series ta kara jeno jitechilo ? Kader bowling jeno 'ordinary' chilo ? :)

NoName
September 3, 2012, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't mind since we do have a score to settle, albeit this time we will have the advantage, so two test matches would be good.

Maysun
September 3, 2012, 11:55 AM
We should host Pakistan :rolleyes:

Dilscoop
September 3, 2012, 11:58 AM
Where is the "No" option. Tired of playing against Zims (no offense). I wanna beat NZ again, this time in test. Lota was stupid enough to cancel the test matches last time.

Tiger444
September 3, 2012, 12:06 PM
Yes we should. We should have as much cricket as possible.

Gowza
September 3, 2012, 06:53 PM
Yes we should. We should have as much cricket as possible.

^^this. the more the better.

M.H.Rubel
September 3, 2012, 09:57 PM
A test with any country sounds great. We need to increase number of tests as we play less.

Gowza
September 4, 2012, 02:48 AM
A test with any country sounds great. We need to increase number of tests as we play less.

we need to play at least 8 tests a year, the stronger teams play this much or more.

jeesh
September 4, 2012, 05:13 AM
Its been a while since we had a tri nation series at home. So why not 2 match test series with Zimbabwe and then invite another country for a tri nation tournament.

zinatf
September 4, 2012, 05:18 AM
Oh accha tai !! Last Test series ta kara jeno jitechilo ? Kader bowling jeno 'ordinary' chilo ? :)

Oh please! Give me a break. Just to "settle a score" with Zim, we don't have to invite them and "win"

Enough of Zimbabwe.....top 8 countries please!

Tiger444
September 4, 2012, 07:10 AM
Oh please! Give me a break. Just to "settle a score" with Zim, we don't have to invite them and "win"

We can barely get any matches and your calling for top 8 teams? 1st let's beat Zimbabwe in a Test match before we start calling out the top 8.

zinatf
September 4, 2012, 08:10 AM
We can barely get any matches and your calling for top 8 teams? 1st let's beat Zimbabwe in a Test match before we start calling out the top 8.

we are playing against WI at the end of this year....doesn't WI count on your list?

BrianLara7
September 4, 2012, 09:49 AM

Zim just kicked our *** last year in test, so before dreaming about top 8 lets beat them first.

al Furqaan
September 4, 2012, 01:31 PM
If we could get NZ or any other of bottom 4 top 8 countries that would be great. Heck even India with their struggling openers, non-existant pace attack, would be a good challenge. NZ are due 2 tests with us, but the reality is getting a top side to come out of schedule is extremely unlikely. Thus the ZIMs are our best shot at getting some more tests.

Gowza
September 4, 2012, 06:53 PM
If we could get NZ or any other of bottom 4 top 8 countries that would be great. Heck even India with their struggling openers, non-existant pace attack, would be a good challenge. NZ are due 2 tests with us, but the reality is getting a top side to come out of schedule is extremely unlikely. Thus the ZIMs are our best shot at getting some more tests.

yeah any test cricket is great but obviously playing a bottom 4 team of the top 8 would be more competitive and probably more beneficial.

al Furqaan
September 4, 2012, 07:05 PM
yeah any test cricket is great but obviously playing a bottom 4 team of the top 8 would be more competitive and probably more beneficial.

Now that Lotus has managed to do some good things, I hope he can focus his energy on getting us some more tests vs top sides.

kalpurush
September 4, 2012, 08:53 PM
Zim just kicked our *** last year in test, so before dreaming about top 8 lets beat them first.
So what??

I have no prob playing against the Zimbabwean, though I want to play against the likes of WI or NZ, SL, PAK or even India. You have to play against the best if you want to learn and out cricketers need that exposure too.

Tiger444
September 4, 2012, 09:02 PM
we are playing against WI at the end of this year....doesn't WI count on your list?

That's just 1 series. What's the big deal about adding Zimbabwe? They showed that they are a decent Test side and beat us. So we should be playing them more often. No point of acting bigger than Zimbabwe.

Gowza
September 4, 2012, 09:16 PM
we've played ZERO test matches this year and people are against organsing a test series, if we're not going to play we may as well give away the test status.

BengaliPagol
September 5, 2012, 04:02 AM
i want BD to lose their test status for the time being. It makes no difference in losing our test status because we barely play test matches anyway. We need to learn how to win test matches. So a time off from the international scene would help develop more test match players. I want all the national players to join the NCL to make it more competitive and we can uncover more talent. We could also organise more test matches with Indian state teams and challenge particular players in the NCL.

2 years later we will be fresh and be able to challenge top teams in test cricket.

Abid_Khan
September 5, 2012, 08:01 PM
i want BD to lose their test status for the time being. It makes no difference in losing our test status because we barely play test matches anyway. We need to learn how to win test matches. So a time off from the international scene would help develop more test match players. I want all the national players to join the NCL to make it more competitive and we can uncover more talent. We could also organise more test matches with Indian state teams and challenge particular players in the NCL.

2 years later we will be fresh and be able to challenge top teams in test cricket.

I don't understand your logic..

Gowza
September 5, 2012, 08:26 PM
playing more domestic FC cricket will give more match experience but the problem is the huge gulf of quality between NCL cricket and test match cricket. the batsmen in the NCL never get to face quality fast bowling like from steyn, philander, morkel, finn, broad, anderson etc also bowlers never bowl to the likes of amla, de villiers, trott, pietersen, clarke etc. players might learn to win at the NCL level but the huge diffeence in quality means that won't mean much when the go out to play against the best quality teams imo. that's a big reason why BD has struggled in tests to-date, another reason is because they never get to play tests so they don't get to play the quality opposition and they don't get experience or improvement against that opposition.

it's a difficult line to balance for BD, i think it's better that more A team tours are organised and/or more FC matches whether it's against top associates like ireland or whether it's against state teams in australia, more FC cricket against quality opposition.

BengaliPagol
September 6, 2012, 04:10 AM
it's a difficult line to balance for BD, i think it's better that more A team tours are organised and/or more FC matches whether it's against top associates like ireland or whether it's against state teams in australia, more FC cricket against quality opposition.

I think thats a better idea. BCB can get a BCB XI squad together and constantly travel to other countries and versue Australia A, England Lions etc. BD would learn much more and learn how to play test cricket.