PDA

View Full Version : What are your expectations for the upcoming T20 World Cup?

tiger_omar
September 8, 2012, 03:03 PM
Hey folks, I was wondering what are you expectations for Bangladesh for the upcoming T20 World Cup in Sri Lanka? I'm asking for both results and in general.

Batting wise, we seem to be an improved side. Tamim and Mushfiq have shown positive signs in the SLPL. We also seem to have a better game plan when it comes to our batting. I think the contribution for the middle and lower order will play a huge part in setting either a modest target or a threatening one.

Bowling wise, I'd like to see a better collective effort. We know what our spinners are capable of doing; restricting runs and taking wickets. But we also know that the wickets in Sri Lanka are changing, becoming friendlier to pace. We need our pacers to step up big, taking a few early wickets so our spinners can really turn on the pressure in the middle overs.

Fielding wise, other than the occasional brain fart, we are a good fielding side, probably the best in the sub continent. We must do everything to restrict 15-20 runs on the field and take advantage of the run out and catch opportunities. If we do so, we will restrict teams to modest totals.

Overall, I expect Bangladesh to advance to the QF and put on the good show during the World Cup. Most cricket followers know that we are no longer an easy target and at the end of this World Cup, I want them know that Bangladesh cricket is here to stay and do damage :D

Gowza
September 8, 2012, 11:52 PM
No expectation to be honest, though the team should be aiming for the semis. But this us their worst format, I'll say this though, if they win the toss they should choose to bowl first because they're better at it.

BengaliPagol
September 9, 2012, 12:17 AM
i reckon we can win the whole competition or at least make the semi's with the right mentality, attitude and focus... who am i kidding we cant even beat a club team :facepalm:

zinatf
September 9, 2012, 12:21 AM
NONE! Nothing from this bunch of sissies who can't win against club teams! Pathetic

Zunaid
September 9, 2012, 12:30 AM
NONE! Nothing from this bunch of sissies who can't win against club teams! Pathetic

I do have expectations. My expectation is that they will lose both their games and leave the tournament.

Rabz
September 9, 2012, 01:37 AM
My expectation is to play in the semis.
Its a bit tough ask on the day we lose to TnT, but one match should not deter us from our goal.
T20 is a tricky format and all it takes is one man to stand firm and deliver on the given day.

In the World Cup group stage, we have NZ and Pakistan.
We should fancy our luck against the Kiwis and Inshallah would come victorious on 21st.
Against, pakistanis, a win would be bonus but that's going to be a tough task.

Group Stage : NZ and Pakistan.
Win 1/2 match, ie, 50% win.

Super 8 stage : If we are D2, we will play A1, B2, C1.
Most likely teams: India (A1), Australia (B2), South Africa. (C1).

If we are D1, we will play A2, B1, C2.
Most likely teams : England (A2), West Indies (B1), Sri Lanka (C2).

Either group, mighty tough for us, but not impossible.
2/3 wins, we are in chance to be in the semis.

Haven't lost hope in the past and will not do so for the coming days.
Inshallah we can mark our progress by advancing to the highest level we ever been in a world cup.

Maysun
September 9, 2012, 01:40 AM
Naah, BD will progress to the next round!

ialbd
September 9, 2012, 01:41 AM
In t20.. absolutely no expectations...

If scot,ned and t&t can see us off, expecting a win against nz (let alone pak) is too much to ask. SL condition, slpl experience etc etc still suppose to be in our favor, but we all know those actually doesnt mean much.

Having said that, its t20... i am yet to take it seriously.... so expectations set accordingly...

salu
September 9, 2012, 01:49 AM
Bd is such an unpredictable team,who can win against any team and loose against any team any time. No chance at t20 at all.

Naimul_Hd
September 9, 2012, 01:50 AM
'Cup' chara kono kotha nai !!!!

salu
September 9, 2012, 01:51 AM
Bd can loose against tanzania or win against south africa..........always tension game.

salu
September 9, 2012, 01:52 AM
Vai, ojotha tension niyen na..kichui hobey na..better enjoy the game ..lastly its a game.

salu
September 9, 2012, 01:56 AM
Loose against t n t is a real disaster from 5/12..........faltu..vallagey na...wake up early morning...koto kosto....result afghan champs...shame.

Yasin.
September 9, 2012, 02:07 AM
I honestly don't see us beating Pakistan unless Pakistan have one of those days that only Pakistan can manage to have.

The Kiwis are a good team and it won't be easy to beat them. Yes we can choke them with spin but its a T20 game. They will come out swinging and even if a couple of players like McCullum and Franklin get a move on we could easily be seeing a high score to chase if they are batting first.

That being said it doesn't matter who the players are. Ajmal, Afridi, McCullum, Franklin -- are all names on papers and all that matter will be those 40 overs on that certain day. We have beaten big names before and yes even though we aren't all that strong in T20s we have supported Bangladesh in worst situations and scenarios. So losing two matches wont stop that but winning and qualifying for the next round -- the support will only get stronger.

Habib
September 9, 2012, 02:32 AM
I'm hoping that we would go to the next round beating one of NZ and Pak. After that any win is bonus.

kalpurush
September 9, 2012, 02:49 AM
Wasn't the tour focused just for practice?
Look at the three different matches we have played, we had a new squad for every match; means - coach tryed to see how he could get the best squad possibe!

And I know Pybus have a final thought about our WC squad - which was the only goal for this tour.

Smile and you will feel good! :)

Sovik
September 9, 2012, 02:49 AM
Beating New Zealand and qualify for the second round

simon
September 9, 2012, 03:59 AM
Teatwnty is so unpredictable
witnessed it today against TNt
so dont want to declare anything although against Pak I am pretty sure that we wont win.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

simon
September 9, 2012, 07:12 AM
we should forget about btting first.
even in ODis we r poor at setting up big targets.
bowl first,restrict opposition below 145 and play without too much pressure about the rrr.
thats the only way I can imagine ourselves winning.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Isnaad
September 9, 2012, 07:38 AM
Expectations and reality may remain far apart from each other. So, yeah I'll pass this time around.

Night_wolf
September 9, 2012, 07:55 AM
Correct me if i am wrong but i think NZ never beat Pakistan in an WC, now if this tradition continues we only need to win vs NZ for a pass to round 2

A win against NZ isn't out of our capabilities, in sub continent conditions BD and NZ aren't farther apart from each other in terms of strength..so we have a good chance in this match

while talking about NZ no body is considering a win vs pak, if you look at the last 5 matches vs pak, we improved every game..the last 3 odis vs pakistan was anybodies game, Pakistan snatched victory from us as they were the better team..but every game we pushed pakistan to the limit...and the margin of defeat became narrower every passing game..the last T20 WC match vs pak was also a close one..at one stage we were in a winning position before ash and shakib had a brain fart..so win vs pak isn't totally out of the picture, and if you look close it may be even brighter then win vs NZ

zinatf
September 9, 2012, 08:05 AM
^Ash and Shakib had a brain fart :wow: sorry didn't follow that match.

Night_wolf
September 9, 2012, 08:21 AM
^Ash and Shakib had a brain fart :wow: sorry didn't follow that match.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/412680.html

here is the scorecard of the match..we needed 50 of the last 5 overs with 8 wickets in hand, AFAIR shakib played an ambitious shot and everything fell after that

zinatf
September 9, 2012, 08:29 AM
^Ya Allah! Shakib-er "ambitious" shot khela ar gelo na! Ei kando jodi ebaro kore taile kissu bolar thakbena. Ar Sir...Sire-er kotha ar ki b:facepalm:lb:facepalm:

Rifat H
September 9, 2012, 08:33 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/412680.html

here is the scorecard of the match..we needed 50 of the last 5 overs with 8 wickets in hand, AFAIR shakib played an ambitious shot and everything fell after that

Remember that match. We should have won that match and against Aussies too. Ash afridi ke jei pitani dichilo !! . Shakib purai tired hoye gechilo batting ar somoy . Out hoar ager over ar break a boshe pani khaitachilo ar Ash ke dekhaitechilo je or matha chokkor ditache !!!!

fush_montor
September 9, 2012, 09:50 AM
NZ shouldn't be hard to beat given their inability to play well against spin..if we beat 'em then all we need to do to make it to the 2nd round is to maintain a higher NRR..this pakistan side scares me specially when it's t20; so my call is: we'll lose the last group match.. In super 8, we r most likely to face india,SA & AUS...SA might be a tough call but a win against india wouldn't surprise me..they might be d world champion but we DID make a mockery out of 'em in ASIA cup! And about Australia: check the t20 ranking list & u'll know who should win :D..
so semifinal is what i expect from tigers...may be a little irrational; but hey, if fans try to be rational about their teams, where the fun of sports would be?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Tigers_eye
September 9, 2012, 10:11 AM
I am not playing. I know who are playing. So my expectation for them is losing both games and doing some shopping that is all. Anything beyond that I would be elated.

M.H.Rubel
September 9, 2012, 02:24 PM
No big expectation,no big target.Just a win against NZ and play at quarterfinal.

Zeeshan
September 9, 2012, 02:27 PM
That other teams show us mercy.

OMG
September 9, 2012, 03:54 PM
Collapse as usual is my expectation. I reckon our players who took part in SLPL will fail to make any real impact and thus leaving the less experienced to finish with a "respectable loss". Did tamim even do that well in SLPL? I Did not follow it and only saw clip of his first match where he did well but then I heard next match he had a duck.

BrianLara7
September 9, 2012, 04:02 PM
lol, I remember before wc2011 ppl were dreaming about semi final.. and that was at home and we got destroyed by wi and sa, 58 and 78 all out. still every1 expecting/ predicting semi final/ final.. I just hope they dont make predictions for a living.. this team just delivers once in a full moon and has never delivered on the big stage.. my expectation is "respectful loss" against NZ and Pakistan.
Team is full of boys and losers who cant handle expectation and don't have mental strength to deliver on big stage/ against decent teams other than occasional once or twice a year fluke. Hearing excuses after every series/ tournament, we are "improving" only playing odi for 20 years, test for 15 years etc and all that crap.. only have 160 million population, players only get 2 koti taka per year..

cricbook
September 9, 2012, 06:53 PM
like to see go to the semi.......but one thing for sure, final khelle carrabba's khabo (:goal:) marle

World Champs
September 10, 2012, 12:29 AM
NZ shouldn't be hard to beat given their inability to play well against spin..if we beat 'em then all we need to do to make it to the 2nd round is to maintain a higher NRR..this pakistan side scares me specially when it's t20; so my call is: we'll lose the last group match.. In super 8, we r most likely to face india,SA & AUS...SA might be a tough call but a win against india wouldn't surprise me..they might be d world champion but we DID make a mockery out of 'em in ASIA cup! And about Australia: check the t20 ranking list & u'll know who should win :D..
so semifinal is what i expect from tigers...may be a little irrational; but hey, if fans try to be rational about their teams, where the fun of sports would be?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Win against India wouldn't surprise you?? Really?? Your team just lost to a club side minus their star players. Bdesh even lost to Scotland and Netherlands. and you say that a win against India wouldn't surprise you. :lol:

Rabz
September 10, 2012, 12:39 AM
^^ A win against any top side doesn't surprise us anymore.
Yes, we still haven't shrugged off the habit of losing the odd games to the associates, but at the same time, we have also managed to beat the top teams pretty regularly over the past few years.

Neither the loss nor the win surprises us anymore.
We are capable of both.

World Champs
September 10, 2012, 12:47 AM
^^ A win against any top side doesn't surprise us anymore.
Yes, we still haven't shrugged off the habit of losing the odd games to the associates, but at the same time, we have also managed to beat the top teams pretty regularly over the past few years.

Neither the loss nor the win surprises us anymore.
We are capable of both.
which top teams you have beaten regularly?? I can only see Bdesh has beaten West indies twice, other than that you haven't beaten any top team. don't mix the formats. Its t 20.

I am not trying to bash Bdesh, but your team rarely upsets big teams in this format, so saying beating India wouldn't be surprising is a big statement.

tiger_omar
September 10, 2012, 01:08 AM
Wasn't the tour focused just for practice?
Look at the three different matches we have played, we had a new squad for every match; means - coach tryed to see how he could get the best squad possibe!

And I know Pybus have a final thought about our WC squad - which was the only goal for this tour.

Smile and you will feel good! :)

:up: That's the attitude!

Maybe the timing of this thread has got people feeling slightly pessimistic, but that's understandable after our loss against T&T. I feel like the attitude of our fans will be different if we get better results against Zimbabwe and Ireland in the warm up matches.

Zeeshan
September 10, 2012, 01:12 AM
i have never been this scared in my life before...i think bd will lose their status and street cred...yes, STREET cred as in BD barred from playing cricket on local streets..

I wonder what the naysayers of apocalypse 2012 has now to say? ki dekhle to? hate nate...mayara dekhay dilo je for Bd it's end

F6_Turbo
September 10, 2012, 02:42 AM
I expect humiliation - and because I expect it, it'll hurt that little bit less.

I wonder what'll happen 1st, Bangladesh becoming a legit team or the Maldives sinking completely due to climate change.

Rabz
September 10, 2012, 04:19 AM
A lot of fans were scared sh**less just prior to the Asia Cup because the rest of the 3 world champion teams were in supreme form and feared that we will be annihilated.

The boys didnt play any OD matches for few months prior to the event.
Hec, we didnt even play any International matches for few months.

We stood no chance.
We even lost the first game of the tournament.
The rest, as they say, is history.

Believe.

fush_montor
September 10, 2012, 06:37 AM
which top teams you have beaten regularly?? I can only see Bdesh has beaten West indies twice, other than that you haven't beaten any top team. don't mix the formats. Its t 20.

I am not trying to bash Bdesh, but your team rarely upsets big teams in this format, so saying beating India wouldn't be surprising is a big statement.

BD has probably played the least amount of t20Is among test playing nations..heck, we weren't even listed in the t20 ranking couple of months ago due to the low amount of matches we played..so we have to work on the stats outside t20s & put aside your 'mixing-up-format' logic outside the equation..if i'm not wrong we have beaten india more than we have beaten any other top teams, hence i said a win against them wouldnt be surprising..

World Champs
September 10, 2012, 07:38 AM
BD has probably played the least amount of t20Is among test playing nations..heck, we weren't even listed in the t20 ranking couple of months ago due to the low amount of matches we played..so we have to work on the stats outside t20s & put aside your 'mixing-up-format' logic outside the equation..if i'm not wrong we have beaten india more than we have beaten any other top teams, hence i said a win against them wouldnt be surprising..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Ok, you want to talk about ODI cricket then let it be.

Bd have beaten India more than any other team. So WI and Nz are not good enough for you.

3 out of 24 matches. In the year 2004, 2007 and 2012. :lol:
you had to wait to beat India 5 years to win in Asia cup and you say its not surprising as if you are beating India for ages.

You can think what ever you want. But it still called as upset every time Bd wins against a top nation.

Night_wolf
September 10, 2012, 07:41 AM
BD Sucks, India Rules

where is TigerEZ when you need him

World Champs
September 10, 2012, 07:45 AM
BD Sucks, India Rules

where is TigerEZ when you need him
LOL.. I didn't meant that. I like Bd team and want this team to do well and have good cricket team as its good for the future of cricket and will increase the competition. and Bd has the potential to do that. Same with Ireland and zim

fush_montor
September 10, 2012, 08:11 AM

Bd have beaten India more than any other team. So WI and Nz are not good enough for you.

you had to wait to beat India 5 years to win in Asia cup and you say its not surprising as if you are beating India for ages.

You can think what ever you want. But it still called as upset every time Bd wins against a top nation.

u missed my tone ...i never said we've been beating india for ages...i meant that we are capable of beating india in retrospect of our very last encounter in ASIA CUP...
and i did mention my expectations bordered irrationality, didn't i?

JamshedPK
September 10, 2012, 08:22 AM
@ World Champs, be careful on how you go on about saying negative think about Bangladesh. If you end up saying to much you will be banned. It's unfair, many from Pakpassion has got banned before, for saying something like Pakistan will whitewash Bangladesh, Don't like the truth:).

zinatf
September 10, 2012, 08:40 AM
No no Jamshed and WorldChamps, we get your tone. BD are losers and upsetters and you two are world cricket rulers!

Peace out (Where's Roey when you need him)

P.S. no one at BC are intolerant that we ban members for telling the truth!

JamshedPK
September 10, 2012, 08:42 AM
No no Jamshed and WorldChamps, we get your tone. BD are losers and upsetters and you two are world cricket rulers!

Peace out (Where's Roey when you need him)

P.S. no one at BC are intolerant that we ban members for telling the truth!

Well if you mean Pakistan yeah, true. I am not sure about India :down:

Tiger444
September 10, 2012, 08:44 AM
@ World Champs, be careful on how you go on about saying negative think about Bangladesh. If you end up saying to much you will be banned. It's unfair, many from Pakpassion has got banned before, for saying something like Pakistan will whitewash Bangladesh, Don't like the truth:).

Some of the Pakpassion members were not just saying that. They were trolling left and right and rightly got banned. Funny how Indian and Pakistani fans come on our board to bully us despite the fact that you guys are so much better than us. Why do you guys feel the need to do that? As the saying goes, pick on someone your own size. Go after teams fans that are your teams level.

mufi_02
September 10, 2012, 08:46 AM
No expectation at all. We might get close with NZ and not too hopeful about beating Pakistan as they are in very good form.

World Champs
September 10, 2012, 08:46 AM
Don't know about anyone else, but I am not here to troll or bash Bd.

mufi_02
September 10, 2012, 08:49 AM
Enjoy your stay here guys. The forum is meant for constructive criticism and praise.

Tiger444
September 10, 2012, 08:53 AM

As long as you don't, your more then welcome to stay. We'd love for more Indian/Pakistanis to stay on this forum but unfortunately many are trolls. The longer you stay here, the more you realize that we're not trying to be arrogant but we Bangladeshis have a lot of passion for our cricket team and are desperate to join the big guns.

Ajfar
September 10, 2012, 09:40 AM
^ what happens is alot of India/Pak fans think that just because our team is not as good as theirs we have no right to jidge their team. If you say one thing like man Afridi's batting suck hasn't improved in ages, they will come after you with well your team batsman average less than 25, you shouldn't be talking about Afridi. There are plenty of good things going for our cricket, maybe not as good as when you compare it to India/Pak but it's still something. As long as you can acknowledge the good and the bad it's not trolling. Whoever that says members get banned from telling the truth is just spreading lies. Everyone is welcome here.

Night_wolf
September 10, 2012, 09:57 AM

and most probably you are the next candidate..wait what am i doing..i forgot the eternal words of our leader..dont feed the trolls

roman
September 10, 2012, 10:01 AM
We know what we are capable of doing and we also know that both India and Pakistan' are much better than us. Yes we know the fact and some of the comments here are like salt rubbed into an open wound.

But oh our self proclaimed big brother, What have you done for our improvement? Being a big brother, don't you think its also your responsibility to lift our game? you only look for big $$$. You have turned this beautiful game into money making machine. A series against us is not financially lucrative isn't it? Why not send your players to BPL and help our players learn from your players?

I know you want us to improve and I know you get upset to see our dismal performance. You care for us. After all you are our big brother. So please do your part. Help us to improve our game. But If you can't help us then PLEASE do us all a favor by stop judging us and maltreating us. We are trying our best to improve our game on our own and we did show our sign of improvement to you several times that too when it mattered most:)

Night_wolf
September 10, 2012, 10:04 AM

TBH we have some good members from India dispite ICF being a hornets nest, but good members from pak are rare here..most of them are trolls and as a result get banned..my honest view is that PP is much more civilized then ICF..i thought Pak members will be more tolerable then Ind members..but the results are different here

OMG
September 10, 2012, 10:57 AM
There are good/bad posters in all forums! I use all 3 forums mentioned and I know they all have these type of posters. No forum is free from trolls and a few mentally unstable posters. It just becomes a problem when posters with hate want to get others hating as well. I have often seen on PP that some posters often claim BC posters are ALL saying this or that, when in reality they have read a few posts from less than a handful of individuals but they go and make out as if everyone in the forum is saying the same thing.

Its a south-asian cultural disease, where we exaggerate reality and criticise others too much. Nothing can be done about it. However on forums I think there needs to be a ban on mentioning what others are saying in other forums, as most posters will take it as a FACT instead of checking for themselves and thus creating more animosity.

Night_wolf
September 10, 2012, 11:06 AM
There are good/bad posters in all forums! I use all 3 forums mentioned and I know they all have these type of posters. No forum is free from trolls and a few mentally unstable posters. It just becomes a problem when posters with hate want to get others hating as well. I have often seen on PP that some posters often claim BC posters are ALL saying this or that, when in reality they have read a few posts from less than a handful of individuals but they go and make out as if everyone in the forum is saying the same thing.

Its a south-asian cultural disease, where we exaggerate reality and criticise others too much. Nothing can be done about it. However on forums I think there needs to be a ban on mentioning what others are saying in other forums as most posters will take it as a FACT instead of checking for themselves and thus creating more animosity.

u hit the nail on the head..i would call this a human flaw not only a south-asian cultural disease, but certainly the case is severe for us

Night_wolf
September 10, 2012, 11:07 AM
We know what we are capable of doing and we also know that both India and Pakistan' are much better than us. Yes we know the fact and some of the comments here are like salt rubbed into an open wound.

But oh our self proclaimed big brother, What have you done for our improvement? Being a big brother, don't you think its also your responsibility to lift our game? you only look for big $$$. You have turned this beautiful game into money making machine. A series against us is not financially lucrative isn't it? Why not send your players to BPL and help our players learn from your players?

I know you want us to improve and I know you get upset to see our dismal performance. You care for us. After all you are our big brother. So please do your part. Help us to improve our game. But If you can't help us then PLEASE do us all a favor by stop judging us and maltreating us. We are trying our best to improve our game on our own and we did show our sign of improvement to you several times that too when it mattered most:)

:up::up::up::up::up:

zinatf
September 10, 2012, 11:26 AM

:up::applause::up:

BrianLara7
September 10, 2012, 11:54 AM

:facepalm: why the hell is it responsiblity of pak and ind to improve our cricket? Must be living in dream world

Night_wolf
September 10, 2012, 11:57 AM
:facepalm: why the hell is it responsiblity of pak and ind to improve our cricket? Must be living in dream world

totally taken out of context..read his full post

simon
September 10, 2012, 12:00 PM
well said Roman bhai.

BrianLara7
September 10, 2012, 12:06 PM
totally taken out of context..read his full post

yea well in any case thats what every so called "big brother" does.. nobody will help u but only criticize. it will be naive to expect otherwise

zinatf
September 10, 2012, 12:09 PM
yea well in any case thats what every so called "big brother" does.. nobody will help u but only criticize. it will be naive to expect otherwise

:facepalm: dude, you just ruined the fun theme of Roman Bhai's post!

tiger_omar
September 10, 2012, 12:32 PM
Win against India wouldn't surprise you?? Really?? Your team just lost to a club side minus their star players. Bdesh even lost to Scotland and Netherlands. and you say that a win against India wouldn't surprise you. :lol:

Yes!! Really!! Laugh all you want, but in most big tournaments, we step up for a game or two. Like someone else mentioned earlier, a win against any of the top teams wouldn't surprise me either. On a good day, Bangladesh can beat anyone. We just have less good days than most of the Test playing teams.

Anytime we're the underdog, which we are almost all the time against Test playing nations, it's an upset when BD wins, so thank you for pointing out the obvious genius. No one here cares if we're the favorites or the underdog or whether Bangladesh's win was an upset or not. All we want is to see our team perform well and get positive results.

tiger_omar
September 10, 2012, 12:45 PM
^^

I may have come on a bit strong on my last post, but seeing this ':lol:' after some of those comments he made really seemed arrogant and condescending to me.

Antora
September 10, 2012, 06:43 PM
I expect a win against NZ.
As for Pakistan, both Bangladesh and Pakistan are just as unpredictible as eachother, however, T20 being their strength, it will be a tough one. I'm hoping for a good fight.

CricFanBD
September 10, 2012, 07:46 PM
I am very much excited to watch BD’s performances in the T20 World Cup.
My Expectation: Considering the recent T20 form, BD should win against the NZ, If BD don’t—that will be an upset. Against Pakistan: If our openers make a good start (9/10 RPO)—we will win for sure. I get the feelings that BD will go to the next round. Finger Crossed.:flag:

Tigers_eye
September 10, 2012, 09:48 PM
You break forum rules you are subject to get a ban. Are you new at internet or just trolling?

cricket_king
September 10, 2012, 10:03 PM
Expecting two losses and a short tournament. Hoping for a win. NZ will especially come at us hard.

crikss
September 10, 2012, 10:51 PM
We will end up as a Champ!!!

Sohel
September 10, 2012, 10:57 PM
I've become numb to disappointments over the years. So I always have sky high expectations but don't expect our team to meet them. Makes me enjoy victory more and mourn defeat less.

BengaliPagol
September 11, 2012, 03:27 AM
Jamshed bhai is talking about how bad India/BD are when his beloved country just recently lost the ODI series to Australia.

Roni_uk
September 11, 2012, 03:46 AM
Kono charachari nai.... amader oi cup ta chai :fire:

.. jodio reality boro kothor :ohno:

mij
September 11, 2012, 03:58 AM
Expecting two losses and a short tournament. Hoping for a win. NZ will especially come at us hard.

Its not about how other team play and how hard they come, its all about us what we do and how good we play.

You can't play international game thinking other team will came hard at you so hand over the match even before the game starts.

cricket_king
September 11, 2012, 04:02 AM
Its not about how other team play and how hard they come, its all about us what we do and how good we play.

You can't play international game thinking other team will came hard at you so hand over the match even before the game starts.

I think that's fairly obvious. I'm simply pointing out the fact that our boys may not want to win quite as badly as NZ, who really have a lot to prove.

Night_wolf
September 11, 2012, 04:16 AM
Jamshed bhai is talking about how bad India/BD are when his beloved country just recently lost the ODI series to Australia.

Bhai dont go there..just dont go there..pak may have lost the odi series but they have won the t20 series..what did we do?..we lose everything and win rarely..No point hiding behind pak's failure..this is a kind of "kada chora chori" comment...if Jamshed mia reads your post he'll come back with our failures and post a super trollish massage jeta apnar amar aikhankar sobar ga jolabe..So dont give him the fuel to ignite the fire

Before our team catches pakistan in strength its best to ignore

BengaliPagol
September 11, 2012, 04:39 AM
Bhai dont go there..just dont go there..pak may have lost the odi series but they have won the t20 series..what did we do?..we lose everything and win rarely..No point hiding behind pak's failure..this is a kind of "kada chora chori" comment...if Jamshed mia reads your post he'll come back with our failures and post a super trollish massage jeta apnar amar aikhankar sobar ga jolabe..So dont give him the fuel to ignite the fire

I dont care. You dont go around telling that India, Ban, SA etc arent good at cricket or point flaws after your own country lost a series. First of all Pak were lucky to win the super over in the 2nd T20i match so Australia could have won the T20 series as well.

If you are bankrupt you dont go around insulting other people who might be bankrupt as well. Simple logic.

And so what if he comes with a huge troll message? The only person he is trolling is himself. He can talk about how bad BD are in cricket because the truth is that we are bad at cricket. So him stating that fact to me isnt going to make me angry but instead makes me less worried that the rest of the world arent deceived by our Asia Cup campaign.

shuziburo
September 11, 2012, 08:28 AM
T20 is the most unpredictable of the three formats. Thus, not making to the next round and winning the Cup are both possible. I think we'll make it to the next round, but that's it.

Maple1900
September 11, 2012, 08:40 AM
I believe we can beat New Zealand quite easily.

fuadomar
September 11, 2012, 12:30 PM
I believe we can beat New Zealand quite easily.
Did you see them playing against India today?

kalpurush
September 11, 2012, 12:38 PM

BCB XI was there for match practice to find out the best squad for the WC T20, thus, Mash, Tamim and some others didn't play the match. If we cared too much about to win, we would have selected the best XI.

We don't play just for the money!!

hoodlum
September 11, 2012, 02:25 PM
BCB XI was there for match practice to find out the best squad for the WC T20, thus, Mash, Tamim and some others didn't play the match. If we cared too much about to win, we would have selected the best XI.

We don't play just for the money!!

And thus we give the cup to some associate nations like Afghanistan. Pretty shameful.

The success behind Australia is they always have the professional attitude. They are not bothered about the best XI. You can see Australia played their best team even against Afghanistan. And look at us. Sits out the top two performers of the team :facepalm:

Habib
September 11, 2012, 02:39 PM
And thus we give the cup to some associate nations like Afghanistan. Pretty shameful.

The success behind Australia is they always have the professional attitude. They are not bothered about the best XI. You can see Australia played their best team even against Afghanistan. And look at us. Sits out the top two performers of the team :facepalm:

The match that Australia played against Afghanistan was an official ODI. We played in an unofficial third grade tournament in a completely different condition to that of the upcoming WC as warm up! It's hard to motivate players for such a tourney. I question BCB's judgment for participating in that.

NoName
September 11, 2012, 03:33 PM
Ashwin destroys NZ in the test series, but then gets destroyed in the T20 match. That just made me more alert since we are hopeful of a win against them with our SLA's, in the most unpredictable format.

tiger_omar
September 12, 2012, 02:16 AM

Top post. I wholeheartedly agree.

Jadukor
September 12, 2012, 07:09 AM
I thought our real chance was against NZ because of their performance during the past year but NZ just beat India in India... :-(

zinatf
September 12, 2012, 07:56 AM
I thought our real chance was against NZ because of their performance during the past year but NZ just beat India in India... :-(

Don't expect anything then...simple :)

simon
September 12, 2012, 08:18 AM
so what if NZ beat India ? that also by one run. :lol:
not saying NZ is easy to beat just saying NZ is beatable.
just considering it as our best chance of making it to the next round as we know the other team is Pakistan, against whom we lose even from a winning position.

SS
September 12, 2012, 02:54 PM
"amader prostuti shob theke bhalo ebar" boliachen Sir Motin...ebar akta fatafati kobor hoiya jaibo

Tiger444
September 12, 2012, 05:17 PM
I was watching the England/SA match and Atherton and N. Hussain talked about the WC. When Bangladesh came up Atherton just shook his head and said "they got some good players like Tamim but they don't have good enough players to advance." And he was being very positive about Zimbabwe and Ireland. I have to admit, it did hurt me a little bit. It seemed that he didnt really know much about our team.I could careless about what the fans on the Internet have to say but when commentators say stuff like that it hurts. It just shows how little respect we get in the cricket world. That's why it's time we start performing in not only world tournaments, but also in series with the big teams. It's shameful that after 12 years of being a Test member, we're still at that stage where nobody gives us a chance. I know we're improving and that's why this is a very important tournament for us.

Imteaz
September 13, 2012, 04:30 AM
Bangladesh can play into the semi final stage. But . . . . Too tough. So, maximum.

hoodlum
September 13, 2012, 05:16 AM
Atherton mone hoy bangladesher dewa pedhani ta bhule gese. problem nai abar dekha hole dibo.

tiger_omar
September 18, 2012, 12:20 AM
I am wondering if people's perspective have changed after the two warm up matches?

The outlook probably would have been a bit more positive IF we had beaten Ireland. But I feel our loss to Ireland will lead us to have bleak expectations for this World Cup. Which isn't necessarily bad... It will make the victory even sweeter :D :fanflag:

kalpurush
September 18, 2012, 02:22 AM
We will beat both NZ and Pak and be in the 2nd round.

Yes! I am drinking just water lately!!

Crisis
September 18, 2012, 02:36 AM
Whitewash.

Experience has taught me this ^

Mashfan
September 18, 2012, 03:44 AM
Don't get the option: Bangladesh wins one game but fails to qualify for the quarter finals.

If we win one game, we qualify right, head to head or is it net run rate?

Tipu606
September 18, 2012, 10:18 AM
seems like both Nasir Hossain and Mahmudullah Riyad are suddenly out of form so cant expect anything,anyway on which tv channel can we watch the games live with clear picture and sound in Dhaka?

tiger_omar
September 18, 2012, 12:20 PM
Don't get the option: Bangladesh wins one game but fails to qualify for the quarter finals.

If every team has the same amount of points after their 2 group stage matches, then it's net run rate. If every team wins one and loses one, they'll have the same amount of points.

Here's the Cricinfo link... http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/engine/series/531597.html?view=pointstable

sharup
September 18, 2012, 12:30 PM
Whenever BD plays expect the worst of scenarios. If they don't meet your expectations you are at least not disappointed and definitely not heartbroken.

If you have high hopes you are more likely to break your keyboard with your forehead.

Yasin.
September 18, 2012, 01:20 PM

NRR before head to head for this tournament.

Dilscoop
September 21, 2012, 10:26 AM
Like I said, ZERO expectations. And they didn't prove me wrong. As I was prepared for this I'm currently very calm and laughing my *** off! 123 runs?? for one dude? Really?

With Tamim finally "understanding" t20 game (while rest of the openers hitting 100s), Ashraful finally hitting the ball "well" after 20 years, Shakib's broken knee, broken middle order, little to no variation in the bowling department, and no real pace bowler to talk about, we hardly sent the "best team in last 2-3 years." IDK based on what they tagged themselves that...

F6_Turbo
September 21, 2012, 10:31 AM
I expect humiliation - and because I expect it, it'll hurt that little bit less.

I wonder what'll happen 1st, Bangladesh becoming a legit team or the Maldives sinking completely due to climate change.

No pleasure in being right...it was so easy to predict

Crisis
September 21, 2012, 01:19 PM
W h i t e w a s h !

SS
September 21, 2012, 02:06 PM
Like I said, ZERO expectations. And they didn't prove me wrong. As I was prepared for this I'm currently very calm and laughing my *** off! 123 runs?? for one dude? Really?

With Tamim finally "understanding" t20 game (while rest of the openers hitting 100s), Ashraful finally hitting the ball "well" after 20 years, Shakib's broken knee, broken middle order, little to no variation in the bowling department, and no real pace bowler to talk about, we hardly sent the "best team in last 2-3 years." IDK based on what they tagged themselves that...

amar shob moner kotha koiya dilen...aei bhua team last game ei je ki korbo tai bujte partasina...t20 prep er jonne era gesilo eur and also in caribbean...ar para moholla mate practice koira aei obosta...batting dorobosta...jogonno bowling...so ami ja atodin expect korsilam shobi shotti hoise

BANFAN
September 21, 2012, 03:06 PM
Nothing but the cup... Yes you heard it right...:)

No joke ya... Spending money to see these morons.. Will make sure we anahilate Pak... Yes you heard it right too... :) just see the match on 25th..

reyme
September 21, 2012, 05:27 PM
I just want to see us beating PAK. What happens next does not matter to me...I have a feeling that game will be too close and can go either way. Just give us the right team selection...and we should be able to pull that through....and Mushy: let Shakib make the calls in the field...

Ajfar
September 21, 2012, 05:31 PM
^ Right team selection? Who do we have in the bench that will come in and make a difference?