PDA

View Full Version : The Re-birth of Ash?

kalpurush
September 9, 2012, 03:36 AM
Yap, yet another Ashraful thread!
I know there is an official Ash thread
And, I know I am calling for ...
but,
I thought Ash needed this...
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/79700/79766.jpg
for the bashers!

The sign is there...and Pybus seems trying to motivate Ash to play his natural games instead forcing him altering his playing style.

The way Ash played in this WI tour; looks very promising to me. Now, it's up to the team management to keep motivating him and help keep his confidence up by offering him full team support UNCONDITIONALLY.

An on song Ash could be our passport to reach past quarter-finals and beyond...
So, please support Ash for the shake of our team's success if you are a passionate fan!!

Photo Courtesy: cricinfo

Naimul_Hd
September 9, 2012, 03:51 AM
KP da, you missed couple of 'Re Re Re Re Re Re' in that 'Re-birth' :)

kalpurush
September 9, 2012, 03:54 AM
KP da, you missed couple of 'Re Re Re Re Re Re' in that 'Re-birth' :)
^^^ indicates how important Ash's contribution for our cricket is! :)

simon
September 9, 2012, 04:02 AM
Koi akika r invitation to pelum na.

Anyway,its no re birth but Ash is a good ttwnty batsman, he did what he does in this format.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Rabz
September 9, 2012, 04:10 AM
He has been consistent in scoring runs during this preparation leading up to the world cup.
Highest scorer of Bangladesh team in this Quadrangular series, 77 runs in 2 innings @SR 118.46.
Second highest Tamim Iqbal, 51 runs in 2 innings @ SR 108.51.

His opening partnership with Tamim is also proving to be a very important factor for our success in this shortest format so far.

Inshallah he will be able to deliver during the world cup.
Yes, an in-form run scoring Ash can make all the difference in our fortune in the World Cup.

Night_wolf
September 9, 2012, 04:49 AM
following ash for 10 years should have made it clear to think before any statement

dash
September 9, 2012, 05:06 AM
Well his t20 record was never that bad..

simon
September 9, 2012, 05:12 AM
koydin porpor poyda hoy boilai ashraful er biye hoy na.

zinatf
September 9, 2012, 05:23 AM

:floor::lol::lol: ki likhte jabo bhule gelam :-p

wktkeeper
September 9, 2012, 05:31 AM
all hail sir Ash. :)

roman
September 9, 2012, 05:58 AM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
:floor::floor: Jotil Bolsen bhai

Maysun
September 9, 2012, 06:09 AM
Well his t20 record was never that bad..

Looking at his batting record:

T20I: He has scored 372 runs from 20 matches at a SR of 126 with an average of 18.60

T20: He has scored 864 runs from 47 matches at a SR of 115 with an average of 21.07

How is that not bad? It's not even decent for a top order batsman!

Rabz
September 9, 2012, 06:35 AM
^^ Well, here we go again.
The same old discussion over and over again.

May be it isn't decent for a top order batsman, but he is the 2nd highest run scorer for Bangladesh in T20I, only behind Tamim. But has a far better SR of 126.10 compared to Tamim's 100.23.
Also the only other batsman along with Tamim to have 2 half centuries in T20I.

In a global standard, they might not stand firm. But for our Bangladeshi context, they are certainly not bad.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?class=3;id=25;type=team

Night_wolf
September 9, 2012, 06:36 AM

T20I: He has scored 372 runs from 20 matches at a SR of 126 with an average of 18.60

T20: He has scored 864 runs from 47 matches at a SR of 115 with an average of 21.07

ash is good in t20 by BD standards

Ash is good in t20 by Ash standards

but all these rebirth threads are jokes, ash will never ever be a consistent player, just accept it and move on

and considering supporting ash, u dont need a new thread for that..as long as he is wearing red and green everybody will support him..we support all the 11 players that play not just ash only

Roni_uk
September 9, 2012, 06:37 AM
opening this thread after WC T20 would have been wiser not now.

dash
September 9, 2012, 06:44 AM

That is not that bad ... You are mixing up odi standards with t20 ...compare it with others if he can score 20 odd at 120 sr with tamim around we'll give us a good start

kalpurush
September 9, 2012, 07:03 AM
and considering supporting ash, u dont need a new thread for that..as long as he is wearing red and green everybody will support him..we support all the 11 players that play not just ash only
Not true.

Even Ash plays 30 balls 30, we bash him. Do you want some references?

And, I am not asking for your support, rather BCB, team management, players and mainly Pybus' support.

Night_wolf
September 9, 2012, 07:11 AM
Not true.

And, I am not asking for your support, rather BCB, team management, players and mainly Pybus' support.

in a t20 match if he scores 30 of 30 and we bash him and its justified, you can not get out after wasting 30 balls i.e 1/4 th of the match..and he gets out

you can say tamim too scores 30 of 30 why dont he gets the same ammount of bashing?..ans is in ash himself..for 10+ years he taunted us(not entirely his fault), so he gets the major backlash

BCB is supporting him since the day he was born

same goes for team management...reference?..countless number of matches after countless number of fails, remember its only since the last couple of years where he isn't regular in the team..he was never regular with his performance but always regular in the team, heck he was even named captain..if thats not support i dont know what is

pybuss looks like doing ok with him

kalpurush
September 9, 2012, 07:29 AM
BCB is supporting him since the day he was born

same goes for team management...reference?..countless number of matches after countless number of fails, remember its only since the last couple of years where he isn't regular in the team..he was never regular with his performance but always regular in the team, heck he was even named captain..if thats not support i dont know what is

pybuss looks like doing ok with him
Supporting him means:

> Don't select him when he isn't in form (Ash even was surprised when he was picked for a series!)
> Picked up for one series, played him for one match, then trashed him for next two series
> Assuring him for three matches, then drop him after one match
> Forcing him to change playing technique/style entirely
> Dropping him by BCB official even when he was in selectors' list

I have nothing more to say.

Isnaad
September 9, 2012, 07:34 AM
While Ash's average in T20Is has slightly gotten better, his strike rate has dipped. From the mid 150s to 126 is a major dip. No, this is not a worrying factor as long as Ash understands that he needs to score faster than that at times of need which he 'failed' to realize (or execute may be?) in a few instances in some of the recent matches.

zinatf
September 9, 2012, 07:37 AM
Hmm, let's see what changes does this "re-birth" bring to him in the t20 WC and statistics...if NONE, then back to square one.

Night_wolf
September 9, 2012, 07:45 AM
> Don't select him when he isn't in form (Ash even was surprised when he was picked for a series!)

this i can agree, ash's surprise may be a good indication that he has started to grow a brain finally
> Picked up for one series, played him for one match, then trashed him for next two series
> Assuring him for three matches, then drop him after one match

all of this things you talked about occurred in the last 2 years, can you really blame anybody other then ash himself for these treatments?..what was he doing when he was a regular in the team?..what was he doing when people gave him chance after chance, series after series

> Forcing him to change playing technique/style entirely

now can you blame siddions for trying that?..dont fix whats not broken..but when was ash a fully functional run making machine?..he had tallent with no result, something must have been wrong with him, siddions did what he thought best for ash..if he was consistent nobody would have dared to change his playing technique/style

> Dropping him by BCB official even when he was in selectors' list

now this i totally agree, ash has become a victim now a days..he did well in the zim test, but never played a test since, he was picked up for the odis on basis of his test form and not picked for tests again on basis of his odi from..this is just wrong

i hope he finds his feet in t20..i dont want to see him in any other format for atleast a year and a half

Rabz
September 9, 2012, 08:18 AM
http://www.lifelounge.com.au/resources/imgdetail/optical_illusions_detail-3.jpg

zinatf
September 9, 2012, 08:26 AM
^^:floor: ki bepar Rabiul bhai kal ke theke khub form-e achen...bhabir "effect" nishchoi ;)

Rabz
September 9, 2012, 08:34 AM
Areh nah, orokom kichu na.
Onek din temon ekta post fost kora hoyna.
Guess I'm just binge posting just to get over the bitter taste of defeat this morning.

Maysun
September 9, 2012, 08:35 AM
Agree with Isnaad and NW.

Since he plays the anchor role, going by his past few T20I matches, he needs to realize that he should stick around and be there close to the 20th over for major onslaught. No! But what he does is, bats at a SR of around 100 and throws his wicket. Going at a SR of 100 is fine for a top order batsman if there is a mega collapse, like TNT's innings today!

If he plays like that, we are just on course for a total of 120-140 which is not a par score these days.

@Rabz bhai, I get the comparison and the fact that he is the second leading run scorer of BD. But he is failing at his task.

If there is a thread on Tamim's T20 batting performance, I will be there too, to give my share of criticism.

But, here's hoping that Pybus' faith on Ashraful pays off and he has a good WT20 in SL. :)

zinatf
September 9, 2012, 08:57 AM
Me too Rabz bhai. Was so angry when I woke up and got the news. Not hopeful for WCT20 at all!

Tigers_eye
September 9, 2012, 10:05 AM
Not true.

And some of the members bashed javed omer for having a better average than Ash. And if by chance a person or two in the team management supported him...boom. BC'tey notun thread'er chorachori.

Wish him all the best. I just hope he doesn't cost us any wins with runouts of his partners. Dui match kheltey jacchhey .... tarpor shopping koirey choley ashbey.

Tigers_eye
September 9, 2012, 10:09 AM
While Ash's average in T20Is has slightly gotten better, his strike rate has dipped. From the mid 150s to 126 is a major dip. No, this is not a worrying factor as long as Ash understands that he needs to score faster than that at times of need which he 'failed' to realize (or execute may be?) in a few instances in some of the recent matches.
/Thread.

Ajfar
September 9, 2012, 10:33 AM
If there is a thread on Tamim's T20 batting performance, I will be there too, to give my share of criticism.

Not just Tamim, if there is a thread on all BD T20 batsman in general we should all be there to share my criticism. We don't have a single T20 batsman right now in our line up who we can count on to perform on any given day. Even Shakib and Tamim bats like 'jodi laiga jai' kind of batting in T20 sometimes.

Wasim Ahmed
September 9, 2012, 05:38 PM
It’s a matter of great debate whether he is really an extraordinary talent or only a mediocre who sometimes surprises everyone. Is he over-hyped by us? Whatever is true, I feel he is the most gifted batsman Bangladesh have ever come across. His derailment is a huge setback for Bangladesh cricket.

http://banglacric.com/the-inquest-of-mohammad-ashraful-a-rare-talent-or-flash-in-the-pan/

OMG
September 9, 2012, 05:46 PM
His got something so I would not say his a flash in the pan. His execution is a flash in the pan however, because he does not show his talent enough for whatever reason His got it in him to be really good.

Tiger444
September 9, 2012, 06:11 PM
Great article Wasim Ahmed. Touched on basically all the flaws of Ash.

Wasim Ahmed
September 9, 2012, 06:15 PM
Great article Wasim Ahmed. Touched on basically all the flaws of Ash.

I have written some other articles touching all his good qualities. This one was basically for identifying his flaws. Still I tried to depict his importance in Bd cricket.

BrianLara7
September 9, 2012, 06:16 PM
How many rebirths this guy has had? In hinduism they have 7 rebirth but this Ashraful has probably had over 70... If he must play for BD then I will support him when he is on the field but I will not support his place in the team if he continues his failure.. 10 years in international cricket is more than enough to prove your worth and he has proven that he is a one hit wonder who used to click once a year but now cant even do that. The love for him just proves our love of mediocrity in this country

Zeeshan
September 9, 2012, 06:36 PM
KP-waiting eagerly for the sequel: Relapse of Ash

cricbook
September 9, 2012, 06:41 PM
Its a really good sign for us to ash coming back.......but beta ball chayer moto khai...but kalke bad die

Dhakablues
September 9, 2012, 11:05 PM
In his entire career he has never been this consistent. It could be that we are really playing the minor teams where he isnt really being challenged but thats not necessarily true as he is/was consistent too in England.

At this point, I think him being consistent is a relief to the management as there arent any other openers left that we didnt try yet ( other than A(E)namul).Had he been another new player, we wouldve gone all gaga over of him.. but we as Bangladeshis we can't get over the past results nor can we consider an insanely miraculous fact that a player like Ashraful can really become consistent!!All in all, its not a Re-Birth.. its the Birth of Ashraful.

Gowza
September 9, 2012, 11:46 PM
I think 7/8 years ago quite a few cricket experts thought ash was going to turnout to be a really good batsman so he has talent, but as said hasn't executed enough. Te-birth? Let's wait and see, we always get excited when he scores, only to be disappointed shortly after.

kalpurush
September 9, 2012, 11:55 PM
KP-waiting eagerly for the sequel: Relapse of Ash
ATMR once said: Ash-er hochchhe biraler pran!

You have to wait ...Zee, a long one!!

kalpurush
September 10, 2012, 12:04 AM
this i can agree, ash's surprise may be a good indication that he has started to grow a brain finally

in t20..i dont want to see him in any other format for atleast a year and a half
N_w, I too, don't want any player, if it is Ash or TI or whoever he is to be in the national team if he is out of form.

When Ash was out of form, selectors brought him in the team, then dropped, then picked up again and dropped and continued...
This kills a player's moral and confidence, thus, lose his form again!

If domestic performance doesn't allow Ash to be in the team, so be it.
What I am asking is a fair treatment to every player regardless who has mama, kaka or not!!

Night_wolf
September 10, 2012, 12:27 AM
N_w, I too, don't want any player, if it is Ash or TI or whoever he is to be in the national team if he is out of form.

When Ash was out of form, selectors brought him in the team, then dropped, then picked up again and dropped and continued...
This kills a player's moral and confidence, thus, lose his form again!

If domestic performance doesn't allow Ash to be in the team, so be it.
What I am asking is a fair treatment to every player regardless who has mama, kaka or not!!

KP bhai if ash was given fair treatment from the beginning of his career he would have been long gone by now, TBH our lack of impact players contributed on being unfair to ash..he was unfairly given chance after chance in the first 8 years of his career..if he was dropped after first 2 years of his inconsistent int career we wouldn't be here having this debate..now as BD has more solid players the tides has change, ash is getting again unfair treatment but the other way round

I totally agree with you about giving ash a rest..let him perform consistently for 2 years..let this guy build his confidence, let him work with coaches/psychiatrists whatever. before we didn't have the option of droping ash, now we do, may be not to a extent but still there are options(i am talking about ODI/Tests not T20)..So let this guy regroup and come back with a bang if he can..if he cant then tough luck

One thing we'll all have to agree regardless of how ash is playing right now the is valuing his wicket..something positive from ash at last. But its painfully obvious that he is playing for himself, he is trying to secure his place in the team, this may or may not hurt our T20 chances but i'll ask everybody to look ahead of T20. if ash values his wicket and finally shows consistency his avg will rise..with avg his confidence will rise, may be with confidence the brain farts will die down. then we can bring him in test and odis. if ash avgs 30-35 in this period we will only be benefited, may be our t20 will suffer because of ash's confidence/consistency building SR but eventually it'll pay off in the future. ash is only 28 and he can serve us for atleast 5 more years

and lets face it, ash is an impact player, he can take games away from opposition, No Mullah,junaid,nazimuddin etc cant do it

Dhakablues
September 10, 2012, 01:31 AM
For the last one year with T20, who is the most prolific scorer with 100 plus strike rate? Remember, not after the average here and even for that Ashraful is on the top.

I disagree to an extent that Asrahful is only playing for himself... Well, every player is playing for themselves and in Cricket- team play concept applies to the fielding side more than a batsmen. Also, or a team like Bangladesh where the FUNDAMENTAL problem has been to understand how to play out their reserved quotas,,, I think more of our players should take responsibilities and go for bad balls than trying to play like Imrul Kayes, Abdur Razzaque, Shafiul Islam et al . I mean, its not like Ashraful is having a SR of 50 or 70 in T20s and Tamim is having SR or 240. Ashraful is maintaining SR over 100 and its still above the likes of Tamim, Shakib, Riad, Mushfique.. If we consider the T20 games we played this season , he is our Iniesta/Xabi/Ozil and none came closer to him... I will believe you if you show me stats ( and keep in mind that for T20 batsman, its about the SR., average don't mean much)

Caveat: We are only talking about T20.

shuziburo
September 10, 2012, 03:15 AM

An average of 18+ is not good, but I am willing to take it from Ash in T20.

I don't want him anywhere near the test and ODI teams, though.

BengaliPagol
September 10, 2012, 03:28 AM
Ashraful. Mohammad Ashraful. Some may call him Sir Ash. Others might call him talent, others dislike him.

We have given this guy so many opportunities in international cricket. At times we have overhyped about him but he their is no doubt that he has talent. It saddens me that he should have be an 'experienced' type batsmen but after 10 years in international cricket he still seems like a youngster to the game.

Rabz
September 10, 2012, 04:02 AM
Ashraful. Mohammad Ashraful. Some may call him Sir Ash. Others might call him talent, others dislike him.

We have given this guy so many opportunities in international cricket. .

Only reason we stuck with him for so many years was because we simply did not have any other viable alternative. From 2001 to up until 2008, we had only one match winner. Only one batsman whom we could count on despite him being so mercurial and frustrating. We tried them all and they all failed. There were no body else we could look out for.
Yes, Mash was another match winner, but he spent more time bubble wrapping himself than actually playing out there. Also, he was a bowler.

It is only since 2008, more like after the NZ test, Shakib Al Hasan started to emerge as the real deal and Tamim was starting to get comfy after his initial euphoria, Riyad began to look solid and Mushy was beginning to come out of age that we for once had a viable option to look otherwise beside Ash. Since then, Ash is a out-again in-again, dropped, recalled countless times, some fair, some unfair to him.

So, Ash getting countless chances early in his career was not entirely his fault.
It was simply a hopeless case of not having alternatives.
So dont just vent your anger on him getting so many chances, vent equally on the rest for not standing up and doing it for themselves.

BengaliPagol
September 10, 2012, 05:28 AM
So dont just vent your anger on him getting so many chances, vent equally on the rest for not standing up and doing it for themselves.

Angry is the last thing i am. Im not angry on Ashraful. Im just dissapointed as mere fan of BD cricket and a mere spectator of the game to see Ashraful who had potential early in his career to turn into last night's lassagne. When Ashraful unleashes, its a spectacle to watch. When he plays safe, he plays a whole different ball game.

TBH Ashraful reminds a lot about me for some reason. I play cricket competitively and when i bat my head thinking sometimes screws up and i chuck an Ashraful and get out doing something stupid.

jeesh
September 10, 2012, 06:59 AM
Hope for the sake of Bangladeshi cricket this rebirth is the final and best one. TM Dilshan's career took off at 31, before that he was a talented player with a bit role. Just hope Pybus can get this guy to at least average 30 in all formats. All he needs is momentum and confidence, and then someone to slap him and ask him not to get too carried away. He does well in bursts, then dies down.

Maysun
September 10, 2012, 07:26 AM
Hope for the sake of Bangladeshi cricket this rebirth is the final and best one. TM Dilshan's career took off at 31, before that he was a talented player with a bit role. Just hope Pybus can get this guy to at least average 30 in all formats. All he needs is momentum and confidence, and then someone to slap him and ask him not to get too carried away. He does well in bursts, then dies down.

You do realise, with the number of games Ashraful has played, he needs to be godly to reach an average of 30 in the ODI's & Tests!

Night_wolf
September 10, 2012, 07:36 AM
You do realise, with the number of games Ashraful has played, he needs to be godly to reach an average of 30 in the ODI's & Tests!

his overall career avg doesn't have to be 30+..lets just start from 2012..if he can play for 5 more years with an avg 30+ from now it'll be good for Bangladesh...Just look at what shakib as a batsman has done with an 30+ avg, wonder what will ash do..the whole complexion of our team may change(batting wise)

Now can ash do this thats another question. I hope pybuss tells him to forget about the past and think of the future

Tiger444
September 10, 2012, 08:32 AM
Well like I said many times now, due to the lack of quality top order batsmen, Ash will probably stay on for a few more years. We still have the big holes of the #2 and #3 spots. Now with Shakib coming in at #3, that does bridge the gap and gives us only the opener's spot to worry about. As we've seen these past few years, Junaid, Imrul, Jahurul, and Nazim have all failed to take their chances. Besides Anamul, I don't see anyone else coming in anytime soon. So it's time for Ash to step up. I feel he'll always will be an inconsistent batsman but would gladly be proven wrong. He's still got time on his side. It's up to him on how he wants his career to go and show if he's matured or not.

JamshedPK
September 10, 2012, 09:01 AM
I like this guy, He was a great player for bangladesh.

patriot
September 10, 2012, 09:10 AM
Tamim is my favourite Batsman , but if you ask me whom I would choose to pay and watch in full flow , It would be Ash .

Best Bangladeshi T20 batsman in both the 2007 and 2010 world cup.

Hope he doesn't disappoint us this time .

Tiger444
September 10, 2012, 09:36 AM
Tamim is my favourite Batsman , but if you ask me whom I would choose to pay and watch in full flow , It would be Ash .

I also believe that Ash is the best batsman from a technique standpoint in BD. Again it's all about his mental attributes that end up hurting him.

ahnaf
September 10, 2012, 11:17 AM

imho when ash is on song very few batsman in this world looks much classier than him but thats doesnot matter coz he cant perform like that regularly not even close... I will go with what adnan bhai said team managment and our players needs to motivates him and told him to forget the past....after all these years he is still just 27 and inform ash can change the whole dynamics of our team...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

jeesh
September 10, 2012, 11:21 AM
Hehe, no no thats not what i meant. What i meant i was i hope Pybus can turn him into a consistent 30 batsman i.e. from here on.

To reach 30 in overall career he ll have to start playing like Kohli

zinatf
September 10, 2012, 11:30 AM
I never said anything about him what I actually feel, wish he himself tried to concentrate what's at present and believe that he has the capability to change the future if he believes in himself. Could have changed the whole team dynamics.

simon
September 10, 2012, 11:39 AM
Ash & Mushy are very cute/ishtylish when they r playing shots, no one looks better than them.
but both r odharabahik specially Ash.
But in T20 Ash is one of our best.

Ajfar
September 10, 2012, 11:41 AM
Ashrafuler notun kore holo abar jon-mo
Shei khishu te BC'r shobar mone onek anondo

zinatf
September 10, 2012, 11:42 AM
Ashrafuler notun kore holo abar jon-mo
Shei khishu te BC'r shobar mone onek anondo

"khishu" na "khushi" :-p

simon
September 10, 2012, 11:48 AM
"khishu" na "khushi" :-p

tao bhalo "K" ta miss jay nai :lol:

ahnaf
September 10, 2012, 11:49 AM
^ simon bhai.. :-p
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

zinatf
September 10, 2012, 11:53 AM
^GURU-shissho jekhane...moja ache shekhane ;)

M.H.Rubel
September 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
Well like I said many times now, due to the lack of quality top order batsmen, Ash will probably stay on for a few more years. We still have the big holes of the #2 and #3 spots. Now with Shakib coming in at #3, that does bridge the gap and gives us only the opener's spot to worry about. As we've seen these past few years, Junaid, Imrul, Jahurul, and Nazim have all failed to take their chances. Besides Anamul, I don't see anyone else coming in anytime soon. So it's time for Ash to step up. I feel he'll always will be an inconsistent batsman but would gladly be proven wrong. He's still got time on his side. It's up to him on how he wants his career to go and show if he's matured or not.

Yes in our top order #2 and #3 both are vacant.But those places are slowly filling up.
Bringing Shakib at #3 is brave decision in T20. I hope Shakib will do good here.
You have missed the name of Mominul I think. I feel he will target #3 in O D I and test.

akabir77
September 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
Ash: Ai ber T20 Champion hoiyai bea korum...

BrianLara7
September 10, 2012, 12:10 PM
NEVER argue with Ashraful bhoktos, the list of excuses goes like this (some of them by Ashraful himself)- 1. Dropped after one poor performance
2. Didnt get enough chance (after almost 250 international matches)
3. Picked when in poor form (basically whole career)
4. Away from one good innings
5. Coaches forced me to change my "natural game" (10 runs from 15 balls and then brainfart)

al Furqaan
September 10, 2012, 01:25 PM
Only Ash can galvanize as he does!

Maysun
September 10, 2012, 01:45 PM
Come the WC, everyone over here will be bashing Ashraful for one reason or the other.

He sort of has become the poster boy for us, to vent our frustration on! :-p

rashed
September 10, 2012, 06:40 PM
No comments till WC, dont wanna look like a fool.

M.H.Rubel
September 10, 2012, 09:54 PM
Ash`s problems are psycholohical, brain fart, cant able to play according to situation, not taking lesson from past and so on. We all know it. All these are related to brain and I Q. This is really tough to sirvive in international cricket with low I Q.
Now the question is will this guy survive in international cricket?
My answer, He will not survive in test cricket. But if he concentrates more on short format he will.

shuziburo
September 11, 2012, 12:39 AM
Only Ash can galvanize as he does!

Perhaps, he should be in politics!

scoilaheez
September 11, 2012, 12:48 AM
I also believe that Ash is the best batsman from a technique standpoint in BD. Again it's all about his mental attributes that end up hurting him.

....after all these years he is still just 27 and inform ash can change the whole dynamics of our team...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Exactly right. In T20, if he clicks then it is a huge bonus to our team and lifts our team greatly. If he doesnt click its not a huge loss considering any replacement wouldnt have done better. Nazimuddins 12 off 54 balls comes to mind in this regard.
I hope he plays with freedom and goes for his shots

kalpurush
September 11, 2012, 12:07 PM
his overall career avg doesn't have to be 30+..lets just start from 2012..if he can play for 5 more years with an avg 30+ from now it'll be good for Bangladesh...Just look at what shakib as a batsman has done with an 30+ avg, wonder what will ash do..the whole complexion of our team may change(batting wise)

Now can ash do this thats another question. I hope pybuss tells him to forget about the past and think of the future
Nicely said :up:

If he continues to do well, great. Bangladesh is a winner here.
If he fails to be consistent, we should look forward and move on as you said in your earlier post.

abu2abu
September 11, 2012, 02:11 PM
All Ash's well wishers will...well wish him well..

However, he really needs to start scoring big runs. Even in T20 cricket, at the highest level you need to be scoring 50s rather than cute 30s...

Gowza
September 11, 2012, 07:36 PM
well we can say forget the past and think of the future, it starts here, but how many times have we already said it? we've had 10 or so years of that, 10 or so years of ash trying to prove he can be consistent, when will it end? if he can average 30+ from here on out that would be great, but what are the chances? it would be great if he could, but unfortunately due to his decade long record i'll wait and see.

Rifat
September 11, 2012, 08:20 PM
sorry, Kalpurush bhai, I think the thread title needs to add the prefix "signs of"....we can hopefully remove the prefix once we complete our World cup T20 journey ;)

so far these are just signs, nothing more than signs, he has always shown glimpses of form in the last two years, after he got kicked out of the team at the conclusion of the world cup, he blasted 118 against South Africa A and we thought boom, he is back. he got some runs in domestic cricket and then we play him against Pakistan, same old same old. until he delivers that magical innings again against an opposition of international class, he still hasn't come back yet...

Rabz
September 12, 2012, 01:06 AM
All Ash's well wishers will...well wish him well..

However, he really needs to start scoring big runs. Even in T20 cricket, at the highest level you need to be scoring 50s rather than cute 30s...

Yes, Ash needs to score 50's because everyone in the team is cr@pping 50s at will.
Incase you don't know, Ash (along with Tamim) have the highest number of 50's for Bangladesh in T20I. A grand total of 2.
Yes, those might not be some earth shattering numbers, but in Bangladesh, those are some pretty big figures.
So, tell everyone else to catch up with him first, cuz they also need to score 50s rather than cute 30s.
Not to mention he has the best SR for the current national team 'batsman' who has played over 10 T20I.

Zeeshan
September 12, 2012, 01:11 AM
Calm down Rabz bhaia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v1ICQK7WpY). :p

Rabz
September 12, 2012, 01:32 AM
I'm calm :p.
Just dont like unnecessary and invalid singling out of someone, whoever that person is.
There are enough things to talk about Ash, if you want to criticize him.
But not scoring 50s in T20I isn't one of them, when the whole team is guilty of the same cause AND he has the highest number of 50s for the team.

cricket_king
September 12, 2012, 07:45 AM
Yeah, leave Ash alone you big bullies.

Nafi
September 12, 2012, 08:05 AM
The rebirth of Ashraful

http://youtu.be/6jamrudGfC4

Tiger444
September 12, 2012, 09:37 AM
Actually 30's in T20's are useful. Because the par score in T20's is usually 150-160. So a score of 30 is beneficial. If Ash could give us quick fire 30's, that would be great.

AsifTheManRahman
September 12, 2012, 09:46 AM
Actually 30's in T20's are useful. Because the par score in T20's is usually 150-160. So a score of 30 is beneficial. If Ash could give us quick fire 30's, that would be great.
TI and Ash both need to fire. If each scores a quick 30/40 (of course, the more the merrier, but it's a start), and we're at, say, 80/2 after 10, the onus will then be upon our middle order to take us to 180.

Tiger444
September 12, 2012, 10:02 AM
TI and Ash both need to fire. If each scores a quick 30/40 (of course, the more the merrier, but it's a start), and we're at, say, 80/2 after 10, the onus will then be upon our middle order to take us to 180.

Yes agreed. They need to ensure that we get off to a strong start and then its up to the middle order to take us to a strong finish. The worry is that Shakib, Mushy, and Riyad have not really fired with the bat lately. Really hope they do in the WC.

kalpurush
September 12, 2012, 12:16 PM
Yap. If we can't score 170/180, we won't have a chance against the Kiwi and Pakistanies.

And a good opening partnership is vital to do so.

shuziburo
September 12, 2012, 01:18 PM
In SL, 150-160 might be par. So, scoring more will be important.

Yap. If we can't score 170/180, we won't have a chance against the Kiwi and Pakistanies.

And a good opening partnership is vital to do so.

SS
September 12, 2012, 01:59 PM
After all these years, still Motin is the bhest and is born again....rest 10 is aging and no signs of re-birth when it matters the most. Otherwise we would have have a thread for them too. Motin really has something that's why I like him so much. Others are busy doing ads, going to Malaysia, or having most stylish hairstyles even before or after coming from practices. Motin is our pride and only true tiger and that's why he is born again. Happy Birthday Motin.

wktkeeper
September 12, 2012, 02:42 PM
ash shine korbe eta sure. ore sobai or moto khelte den na re bhai. amra ash fan ra ki manush na ;) amader fav player re niya apnara khali tana tani koren

Gowza
September 12, 2012, 09:15 PM
as long as he scores runs i don't care, but my expections are zilch, been through that for 10 years and nothing came of it. if it happens then great, if it doesn't then i wasn't expecting it so no worries.

thebest
September 13, 2012, 03:51 AM
Ashraful and rebirth became synonymous kp bhai. like gowza I dont care about ash's performance.

kalpurush
September 13, 2012, 07:21 PM
. like gowza I dont care about ash's performance.
You don't have any other option IMHO. If Ash fails to have a good start in the upcoming T20 WC, we won't have any chance to beat NZ or Pakistan team.

You have to remember that the pitch we are playing in SL is a sporting one, thus, our spinners might not be that effective like they do in Bangladesh, means, our batthers have to click if we want to have any chance to win a match or two.

Gowza
September 13, 2012, 07:46 PM
I said as long as he's scoring runs I don't care, I'm hoping he will do well because it would really help the team to have an on song ashraful.

BengaliPagol
September 14, 2012, 03:32 AM
The weirdest thing happened. I have looking thru the guinness book of records cricket 2012 (a whole book devoted to cricket) and i went to the Bangladesh section and it said 'Bangladesh's top performer has been Mohammad Ashraful'. There was a paragraph describing how he has been a prolific batsmen for BD. It even had a big picture of Ashraful next to it. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

There was a small mention of Shakib as 'a contributer to the BD team' but they didnt even mention that he is the best allrounder in the world.

Very strange.

NoName
September 15, 2012, 02:29 AM
He started his Re-birth off with a great start.

Sohel
September 15, 2012, 04:09 AM
Good performance from M:facepalm:tin. The combination of scoring 30+ with an SR of 150+ is exactly what's needed from a T20I opener of his abilities. Let us hope that this was not an Eid-ish performance and pray that this form continues through the tournament and beyond.

Shakib almost scored a 30 and that too is a good sign. Riyad's innings was disconcerting and thank GOD Zia managed to connect today. Tamim, Mushfique and Nasir ought to have done better.

zinatf
September 15, 2012, 04:43 AM
Good innings by M:facepalm:tin today! Let's hope it's a re-birth and NOT an Eid innings (again :head:)

Rabz
September 15, 2012, 04:47 AM
Yes, indeed Zin:facepalm:t
Inshallah he can carry on this consistency to the world cup matches.

simon
September 15, 2012, 05:16 AM
Kintu Ash er problem hochchey he cant take preshar, specially when a lot is expected from him.
So main thing is he better deliver on main stage.

patriot
September 15, 2012, 05:28 AM
Never thought it was a 'REBIRTH' of Ash . He was and is Bangladesh's best T20 Batsman and I am not saying this from just today's performance . He was born with T20 batting talent and I feel he should purely concentrate in this format.

Gowza
September 15, 2012, 05:52 AM
good innings from ash today, hope for more.

lamisa
September 15, 2012, 08:36 AM
eita ar next koyekta innings continue korlei bhalo...

kalpurush
September 15, 2012, 11:40 AM
The weirdest thing happened. I have looking thru the guinness book of records cricket 2012 (a whole book devoted to cricket) and i went to the Bangladesh section and it said 'Bangladesh's top performer has been Mohammad Ashraful'. There was a paragraph describing how he has been a prolific batsmen for BD. It even had a big picture of Ashraful next to it. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Ashrafool's contribution in Bangladesh cricket is enormous - without him, we might not be in this stage IMHO>

And you are in shame!??? Are you ok mate??

M.H.Rubel
September 15, 2012, 11:53 AM
This is pretty tough to say wheather its rebirth of ash or not but it is clear that he is in form. I hope he will continue his form. I always like the confident strokes of shunning ash.

Night_wolf
September 15, 2012, 12:16 PM
Ashrafool's contribution in Bangladesh cricket is enormous - without him, we might not be in this stage IMHO>

i think he was facepalming because the article said shakib had contributions were ash was the legend, sure ash has some huge milestones in BD cricket but if a article says ash is the best cricketer BD ever produced and shakib had contributions it deserves a chimpanzee facepalm

Max100
September 15, 2012, 12:22 PM
I think tamim saved his best for main tournament. He is always a big match player. Again he is vitori's victim.

Gowza
September 15, 2012, 06:29 PM
ash made milestones and he got BD cricket attention within BD and outside of BD, but agree, if someone or something says ash is a legend, the best BD has produced and shakib just made contributions then it's a bit silly.

Tiger444
September 15, 2012, 06:33 PM

Your actually calling him out on that? He has every right to facepalm at that.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

BengaliPagol
September 15, 2012, 07:23 PM

The book is the '2012' edition thus meaning the year 2011. So your saying Ashraful has been a top performer for the team in the year 2011?

And im not in shame. Why would i be in shame? Im just suprised that they regarded Ashraful highly and they barely mentioned Shakib. Thats all.

BengaliPagol
September 15, 2012, 07:27 PM
i think he was facepalming because the article said shakib had contributions were ash was the legend, sure ash has some huge milestones in BD cricket but if a article says ash is the best cricketer BD ever produced and shakib had contributions it deserves a chimpanzee facepalm

ash made milestones and he got BD cricket attention within BD and outside of BD, but agree, if someone or something says ash is a legend, the best BD has produced and shakib just made contributions then it's a bit silly.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Spot on guys. Ash doesnt deserve the legend title with the mediocre averages that he has for all formats. I like Ash but surely Shakib is more worthy of the legend title then Ashraful? Or maybe its just me...

Gowza
September 15, 2012, 09:09 PM
Spot on guys. Ash doesnt deserve the legend title with the mediocre averages that he has for all formats. I like Ash but surely Shakib is more worthy of the legend title then Ashraful? Or maybe its just me...

of course, shakib is the best batsman and best bowler BD has ever produced. he has more ODI runs than ash in less matches at a higher average (by more than 10) and even at a higher strike rate. he also has more test half centuries than ash in less than half the matches, hasn't surpassed ash in runs scored in tests yet but he has a much better average already and is on track it's just a matter of playing the matches. that's just batting, bowling wise shakib is the best BD has produced so shakib is head of ash in batting alone imo, that's not even considering his bowling.

kalpurush
September 15, 2012, 11:36 PM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

And im not in shame. Why would i be in shame? Im just suprised that they regarded Ashraful highly and they barely mentioned Shakib. Thats all.

May be I failed to understand the meaning of :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: here! My apology.

Care to explain what you ment by http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcJAIth_0etBszlNsYyugS7ZHu8AkfG wae5JznkzaGD-SETtgag7GoRQ (http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.vizzed.com/Uploads/facepalm_jim_76437.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.vizzed.com/boards/thread.php%3Fid%3D31446%26page%3D1&usg=__v0a3UU5MqP6A_aqRbR9q50QrHOc=&h=450&w=360&sz=19&hl=en&start=27&zoom=1&tbnid=4JXLVqunP_6-mM:&tbnh=127&tbnw=102&ei=tFZVUNm_NOj8yAHf8YHQBA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dfacepalm%26start%3D20%26um%3D1%26hl%3 Den%26sa%3DN%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1) ?

Rabz
September 16, 2012, 12:09 AM
Lets not get into Shakib V Ash.
They are not comparable.
Two different cricketer from two different time of two different stages of Bangladesh cricket.

Ash is an once in a decade batsman that we(and he himself) couldn't utilize.
Shakib is an once in a generation cricketer that we fortunately could.

Different times of our cricketing system.

Rifat
September 16, 2012, 12:12 AM
no offense to anyone, I personally think Ash vs. Shakib debates are useless....just sayin :)

Rifat
September 16, 2012, 12:14 AM
Ashraful may have been suffering from too many advice from too many people all these years, when he was 17 year's old, his debut innings was without any cricketing advice from any fans and he scored a ton against the likes of Vaas, Murali..so at least from me, I will stop advising Ashraful(cricket advice).

kalpurush
September 16, 2012, 12:15 AM
Lets not get into Shakib V Ash.
They are not comparable.
Two different cricketer from two different time of two different stages of Bangladesh cricket.

Ash is an once in a decade batsman that we(and he himself) couldn't utilize.
Shakib is an once in a generation cricketer that we fortunately could.

Different times of our cricketing system.
+1

No need to compare Shak and Ash - lets hope both can shine together with the other nine! :)

kalpurush
September 16, 2012, 12:19 AM
Ashraful may have been suffering from too many advice from too many people all these years, when he was 17 year's old, his debut innings was without any cricketing advice from any fans and he scored a ton against the likes of Vaas, Murali..so at least from me, I will stop advising Ashraful(cricket advice).
You got it right Rifat :up:

What Ash needs now is only listen to himself and Pybus.

Rifat
September 16, 2012, 12:21 AM
As a fan, We should not downplay the role Shakib al hasan or Ashraful for that matter has played in the history of our cricket. we can argue though Should Ashraful have done better? of course, most people will say that Ashraful's average and the amount of potential Ashraful has had does not do justice, but there is no point talking about what has passed, and maybe who knows what happens in future? I certainly don't...

Tiger444
September 16, 2012, 12:21 AM
+1

No need to compare Shak and Ash - lets hope both can shine together with the other nine! :)

Of course. An on song Ash would make Bangladesh a stronger side.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

zinatf
September 16, 2012, 12:59 AM
We all are waiting for this man's consistency, but have been receiving Eid innings. A consistent and performing (hope it becomes true) Sir Ash will definitely be a deadly addition to the squad

abu2abu
September 17, 2012, 12:47 PM
Yes, Ash needs to score 50's because everyone in the team is cr@pping 50s at will.
Incase you don't know, Ash (along with Tamim) have the highest number of 50's for Bangladesh in T20I. A grand total of 2.
Yes, those might not be some earth shattering numbers, but in Bangladesh, those are some pretty big figures.
So, tell everyone else to catch up with him first, cuz they also need to score 50s rather than cute 30s.
Not to mention he has the best SR for the current national team 'batsman' who has played over 10 T20I.

Ash needs to score 50s in T20s for the very reasons you state. He is that experienced, he has played that many ODIs, tests and T20s and he has had that many opportunities. He is clearly capable, but is nowhere near as prolific as he should be.

When Ash goes in to open in the World T20 he will not be competing against Tamim, Shakib or Aftab Ahmed. He will instead be competing against Hamilton Masakadza, Dilshan, Gayle and all the other world class batsmen. So I make no apologies for holding Ash up to a higher standard than (most) of his teammates.

His past achievements require him to raise the bar. And knowing what a professional attitude Ash has I'd be very surprised if he didn't set similarly high standards for himself.

If you're happy to set Ashraful, mediocre, easy to achieve targets so that he can prove he is better than his teammates then so be it. I however, prefer that Ash sets himself stretching targets so that he can prove he is among the best in the world...

AsifTheManRahman
September 17, 2012, 01:16 PM
I however, prefer that Ash sets himself stretching targets so that he can prove he is among the best in the world...
Koi, 30 korlam to, bhaloi to korsi. Nafees to khali Zimbabwe/Ireland er shathe century kore.

Mashfan
September 17, 2012, 01:36 PM
Let's leave Ashraful Alone, when the attention is not on him he does well. As soon as the Attention and focus is on him, he does crazy things. let him play.

simon
September 25, 2012, 03:17 PM
Re-birth :lol:
Koi KP da ? :-p
21 pom 21 balls in 1st match (while chasing 191:facepalm: )
14 from 13 balls vs Pak
Truth is Ash is just a minnow basher , he did well in those WUps or un official matches vs the lower ranked teams but on big occasions against the big boys this is what we get from him.
His mediocrity will continue as long as he plays against the big teams.

Rifat
September 25, 2012, 03:22 PM

you posted this about 13 days ago, Asif bhai...today it came true almost to the dot.(both Ashraful and Tamim got starts but not quite 30s, but still a start....and on top of that we got 80/after 9.3 overs) The reason why I am posting this is that today we let away a genuine chance of victory through a subpar bowling performance...

BengaliPagol
September 25, 2012, 07:39 PM
Its not a rebirth. More like a genuine death.

BrianLara7
September 25, 2012, 07:48 PM

hindus have 7 rebirth (no offense) Ashraful has over 700

Rifat
September 25, 2012, 08:01 PM
opening partnership, more often than not plays a huge role in T20 when it comes to posting challenging totals.

Night_wolf
September 25, 2012, 08:35 PM

ash omor se morena

Tipu606
September 26, 2012, 12:43 AM
why not try this opening combination of Tamim and Ash in ODI's since they seem to click well

shakibrulz
September 26, 2012, 05:23 AM
Okay, credits where it's due. Ash has been by far the most decent opening partner for Tamim. I'd gladly get him into the ODIs too if he can continue batting like he does at the moment.

simon
September 26, 2012, 07:05 AM
Okay, credits where it's due. Ash has been by far the most decent opening partner for Tamim. I'd gladly get him into the ODIs too if he can continue batting like he does at the moment.

what r u saying ?
21 from 21 balls in 1st match (while chasing 191 )
14 from 13 balls vs Pak
This is what he is capable of against quality opposition. :facepalm:
Forget ODI ,we should get rid of him from all formats of international cricket.
The best he can do is score well against the lower ranked teams.
Enough of Ashraful.

SS
September 26, 2012, 11:05 AM
Title poira ami bhablam abar Ash biya koira notun jiboner udbodhon korse naki..Karon WC shesh akon to biya korar kotha...notun jiboner shondan akmatro akjoni take dite parbe...jamai Mullah and Razzak to tader notun jiboner shuchona koira team re chomotkar service diya jaitase...ebar Motin tomar pala...tomar notun jibon khule dibe amader notun shombhabonar doroja..

kalpurush
March 10, 2013, 02:46 PM
Now, we became the fools!!! Magician Ash!!

Hats off to you!:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: