PDA

View Full Version : BCB World T20 Media Release: ‘This should actually shake us up’: Shakib.

Zunaid
September 17, 2012, 05:16 AM
After the loss in the warm-up match against Ireland.

‘This should actually shake us up’: Shakib

Monday, 17 September 2012

COLOMBO – Shakib Al Hasan, who starred with the bat and ball in the five-run loss against Ireland in the last practice match today gives his take on the game:

Turning point in the match
I guess the lack of partnerships after I got out probably cost us the game. We still had around ten overs but nobody really got in.

How this defeat would affect the players
I honestly think this should actually shake us up a little. I believe we lacked intensity in the last ten overs because with the batting we have there is no reason why we should lose that game from the position we were in. You always learn more from defeats. Now we know where we need to improve and which areas we need to brush up

Practice games are important but they are not that important that you should start feeling demoralised over a loss in such games. These matches allow you to assess where you are at individually and as a team and you work on the findings.

His own fine form
The wicket was very good and the ball was coming on to the bat. The outfield was quick too. I should have finished the match but overall I felt I was batting the way I wanted to.

The areas to work on
Well I think there are certain individual fine tuning that is required. We have around four days to the first match of the tournament. The atmosphere will be different and you have to be totally switched on from the first ball. I am sure we will get there.

Expectations
There is a good chance that we will qualify for the next round if we win one game. We are taking one match at a time.

Rabz
September 17, 2012, 05:31 AM
Good mature words.
Precise, to the point.

BengaliPagol
September 17, 2012, 05:35 AM
how quick was the interview taken after the match concluded?

Zunaid
September 17, 2012, 05:35 AM
there is no reason why we should lose that game from the position we were in.

He is very pissed. And rightfully so.

simon
September 17, 2012, 05:37 AM
this is the "Dhakka" that Huda bhai was referring to .

Dhakka-the shake

Zunaid
September 17, 2012, 05:38 AM
how quick was the interview taken after the match concluded?

As he was walking back to the pavilion? :)

Anyway - you must have seen many BCB Media Release from the World T20. They have been prompt and very interesting.

The credit for all of this goes to Rabeed Imam - the unsung hero in BCB. If you remember, we all loved his wrote-ups while he was at Daily Star and now he is the media manager at BCB. In spite of all that is wrong in BCB, there still are good people like Rabeed. Let us all give him our thanks.

In my personal opinion, he is the amongst the finest sports writer in English in Bangladesh. The other person I love to read is Shakil Kashem.

auntu
September 17, 2012, 06:20 AM
Nice to the point words from Ice Man.

PoorFan
September 17, 2012, 06:35 AM
Shakib has every right to be pissed off, and the timing is the best to speak out. Pathetic Nasir, Mushi, Mullah should be a finisher of the game by now from the position where we were today. We have lost too many games because of their poor finishing by now in ODIs and T20 as well.

Even Sunny, Razzak should know how to rotate at least, there is no reason why you cant do that playing ODI and T20 game, pure bowler cant be an excuse given the amount of game they have played. Really pathetic to still lose games like today.

Naimul_Hd
September 17, 2012, 06:43 AM
this is the "Dhakka" that Huda bhai was referring to .

Dhakka-the shake

Haha....genius people think alike :)

BANFAN
September 17, 2012, 06:53 AM
I don't see any way, Nasir and Mushy coming back to form, other thana miracle. Mullah played well in last match, so not much worried with him.

I think Nasir should be brought up to allow him the time to settle down and Mushy should be going down the order... To play those kind of cameos that he played against India in Asia cup.

Nice interview

Antora
September 17, 2012, 06:56 AM
Nice interview. Shakib has every right to be pissed off. How can you possibly lose from there! :hairpull:

Roni_uk
September 17, 2012, 07:01 AM
Remember - we beat England after scoring 58 v WI in the last WC?

NZ - here we come

Habib
September 17, 2012, 07:05 AM
He knows what he is talking about. Hopefully they won't repeat the mistakes in the next two matches.

akabir77
September 17, 2012, 08:32 AM
2nd last over with 2 run cost us the game... sunny sucks as a batter

zinatf
September 17, 2012, 08:56 AM
Hopefully it does shake and we get to rejoice the wins rather than vice versa and deja vu all over again :-|

P.S Those who think I'm being negative...fine with me ;)

AsifTheManRahman
September 17, 2012, 09:02 AM
So it takes us losses against Zimbabwe, Scotland, the Netherlands, T&T (and thereby the cup to Afghanistan) and Ireland to finally feel shaken up? There's bull***t and then there's worse than that. This is the latter.

dash
September 17, 2012, 09:17 AM
we needed 10 runs of 12 balls when sunny walked in...he ended up scoring 1 runs facing 5 ball...this is ludicrous to believe.....only way ireland should have won was if they had us all out...couldn't the Gloomy guy just run .....

Zunaid
September 17, 2012, 09:19 AM
So it takes us losses against Zimbabwe, Scotland, the Netherlands, T&T (and thereby the cup to Afghanistan) and Ireland to finally feel shaken up? There's bull***t and then there's worse than that. This is the latter.

How many more shakes do we need. More seriously, read between the lines. Shakib is royally pissed and not just at this result.

mufi_02
September 17, 2012, 09:26 AM
I thought we became a team that can fight without Shakib. I couldn't be more wrong.

roman
September 17, 2012, 09:32 AM
Anything but a win against a club team or associate team is/ should be a shake up. Be it a practice match or an official one IMHO.. I hope Shakib knows that but nor letting his emotions come out in front of the world. He is definitely pissed but he controlled his emotions and said what we fans wanted to hear. Sometimes I really feel for him. He is the only guy in our team giving his best but not getting much support.

I hope we go to the next round otherwise these losses will shake us up big time.

Maysun
September 17, 2012, 09:36 AM
So much for playing in the SLPL :lol:

F6_Turbo
September 17, 2012, 09:48 AM
Bhai eto beshi shaking korle toh abar back problem shuru hobe. Whatever...Shakib still doing his thing, while the rest fumble around like blind mice.

I was on my lunch break and saw we were ~100/4 after 10 overs with only 65 needed. Surprised as hell to find out we lost from there.

zinatf
September 17, 2012, 09:53 AM
Dhakka - the shake is most welcome. This will speed up for the do or die matches, which will NOT give us a heart breaking blow towards nisshartho bhalobasha - the selfless love for our players ;)

simon
September 17, 2012, 09:56 AM
Dhakka - the shake is most welcome. This will speed up for the do or die matches, which will NOT give us a heart breaking blow towards nisshartho bhalobasha - the selfless love for our players ;)

:applause: that's my shishsho there :up:

AsifTheManRahman
September 17, 2012, 09:59 AM
Anything but a win against a club team or associate team is/ should be a shake up. Be it a practice match or an official one IMHO..
Exactly. How much longer will we remain in denial? Practice match, don't play enough T20s, European conditions were difficult, just prepping for the WC, missed my mom's cooking - no end to excuses. I think it's been proven - we aren't much better than the associates. Maybe just a tad, but we haven't done anything to establish superiority by a clear margin and we won't if we keep coming up with excuses and don't start to realize that we should be winning against lower ranked sides nine times out of ten regardless of the setting of the game (practice/unofficial/official/prepping for the WC/missing momma's cooking). How do we sleep at night with so many excuses? How do we justify our failures to ourselves, let alone anyone else?

We're too happy rewarding mediocrity and unfortunately, this bunch of cricketers is not a whole lot better in terms of attitude than the uncles of the 80's and 90's.

mufi_02
September 17, 2012, 10:04 AM
^^ Shakib is the only difference between the 90's early 2000's team and the present. Bench him and you will see all fold like pussy cats.

simon
September 17, 2012, 10:06 AM
ZeeAh ke diye Mushi ar Nasir ke jorey dhakka deya dorkar,
sharakkhon asey khali tweet korey,bhetki diya hashey, arekjon to sunglass chara chobi i tule na. :-P

mufi_02
September 17, 2012, 10:15 AM
ZeeAh ke diye Mushi ar Nasir ke jorey dhakka deya dorkar,
sharakkhon asey khali tweet korey,bhetki diya hashey, arekjon to sunglass chara chobi i tule na. :-P

Arrey miah, SL te ghurte gese ghurte den. It's a beautiful country. Dekhen kalke IRE match er age ei shudnor beach scenery tweet korse.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A29VAmNCEAAJZ-D.jpg

https://twitter.com/mushfiqur15/status/247509973268041728/photo/1

simon
September 17, 2012, 10:21 AM
Arrey miah, SL te ghurte gese ghurte den. It's a beautiful country. Dekhen kalke IRE match er age ei shudnor beach scenery tweet korse.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A29VAmNCEAAJZ-D.jpg

https://twitter.com/mushfiqur15/status/247509973268041728/photo/1

uru uru mon,captain hoya pakha gojaisey,
bhab dekhay, prokriti prem i hoisey,
eibhabe khelle sharajibon SRL ey ghurte hoibo,narikel khaya bachte hoibo, desh e ashar lagbo na. :E

mali007
September 17, 2012, 10:25 AM
We can't afford "DOT BALLS" in the middle order !! Zia should bat at 5 .

PoorFan
September 17, 2012, 10:47 AM
Idiot Mushi, Nasir, Sunny, Razzak should go for batting practice, I got the feelings these losers taking these losing lightly.

mij
September 17, 2012, 10:54 AM
what Nasir is doing at the moment, he is not batting or bowling he need to do something in the team.

Tiger444
September 17, 2012, 12:02 PM
^^ Shakib is the only difference between the 90's early 2000's team and the present. Bench him and you will see all fold like pussy cats.

If that's the case then how did we end up winning against SA and Zimbabwe without Shakib? And in the SA match, Tamim ended up not playing and yet we still won. We should stop the excuses that this team isn't good enough. Guys like Ash, Mushy, Riyad, and Nasir are more than capable of performing consistently at this level. Just because Shakib performed really well today while the others sucked, doesn't mean that we are only dependent of Shakib. It's pretty clear that the attitude is the issue with our team and we take the associates way too lightly. That's the real problem. Not the quality of players we have.

BD Tigers
September 17, 2012, 12:32 PM
wow..this is first time I am seeing nobody is blaming Ash for a loss :D :D :D