PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Mushfiqur Rahim deserve to play at No.4???

Shaun petr
September 17, 2012, 03:16 PM
All the good performances he did playing at no.6. In Asia cup that wonderful match winning inning was also playing at lower order...He can time the ball and gets the big hits and consistently failing at no.4

Nadim
September 17, 2012, 03:20 PM
Give me ONE name who deserve to play @ 4 ahead of mushy and why?(not shak ofcourse)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Shaun petr
September 17, 2012, 03:25 PM
Nasir suits more than anyone else.

mali007
September 17, 2012, 03:41 PM
For T20 I would prefer Zia in Mushi's position .

cricheart
September 17, 2012, 03:55 PM
No. Not fan of Shakib for #3 either. This order not utilizing maximum of Nasir Hossain as well.
Will be dissapointing, if Nasir keep ending up alltime part timer like Mahmulludah in the team.

Dilscoop
September 17, 2012, 04:02 PM
Nasir was doing fine at 4 in the Asia cup. Why change that?

Shaun petr
September 17, 2012, 04:12 PM

Absolutely:up:

MohammedC
September 17, 2012, 04:16 PM
Jahurul Islam Omi

Shaun petr
September 17, 2012, 04:18 PM
Look mushy's last 6 innings playing at no.4:
5, 2, 18, 3, 3 and 7.

BANFAN
September 17, 2012, 04:31 PM
NO... I think he is better at # 6/7.. he is good in playing with the tail.

BANFAN
September 17, 2012, 04:32 PM

Agree... Nasir should come at # 4 or even # 3 and Shakib @# 4. Nasir needs time to settle. But I don't mind Shakib playing @ # 3 too.

MohammedC
September 17, 2012, 04:45 PM
"Mushy should open the batting with Tamim"

"Mushy is ideal number 3"

"Mushy is the most reliable batsmen in our Batting line up"

Potential future thread title.

NoName
September 17, 2012, 05:43 PM
This position is cursed, most of our player becomes rubbish when they're put at 3/4 only Bashar was decent and hopefully Shak does well.

Roni_uk
September 17, 2012, 05:46 PM
Mushy will come around on Friday....don't worry...MMW

sharup
September 17, 2012, 08:29 PM
Judging by his most recent performances I'd say yes he does deserve to bat at #4. And look those biceps he's got. Those bad boys are shaping up and perhaps that explains why he's been hitting the balls so hard in ODI (Asia Cup) and in T20 :)

al Furqaan
September 17, 2012, 08:30 PM
Relaxx guys...Mushy has been one of our most reliable if not most reliable bats the past 3 years across formats. What happens in practice matches should stay in practice matches.

cricbook
September 17, 2012, 09:48 PM
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhel nooooooooooooooooo.......we lost bcas of him....with nas...n sunny r including..

Jadukor
September 17, 2012, 10:18 PM
Personally I would stick with the same order we had in Asia Cup (Ash instead of Nazim of course)

Shaun petr
September 18, 2012, 12:21 AM
Relaxx guys...Mushy has been one of our most reliable if not most reliable bats the past 3 years across formats. What happens in practice matches should stay in practice matches.

He is a class no doubt in that....but question is getting the perfect slot. No.6 is perfect for him...Playing in top order not taking the responsibility and causing early wickets causes mental collapse to the team. How many matches you can comeback after top order failure???

Imteaz
September 18, 2012, 12:48 AM
Yes, because no other option.

oronnya
September 18, 2012, 12:55 AM
I think Riyad should come up the order in place of Mushy... Mushy is better off playing at the lower middle order...

Gowza
September 18, 2012, 01:18 AM
well mushy is probably the most complete batsman in the BD team. if you look at technique, temperament, skills, ability to play under pressure in all conditions, he's one of the most complete if not the most complete. he has been one of the most consistent of the BD batsmen over the last 3 years though it's not saying to much.

do we stick him back where he performed his best? or do we wait out this inconsistent poor period he is having and possibly get a reliable #4? he has the skills, he's more well rounded than as i said most if not all the others so it could just be a matter of time, how much time is what we have to weigh up.

Maysun
September 18, 2012, 01:40 AM
Shakib is doing decently at no.3. I'd say play Nasir at no.4. With his SR, he'd do well in the overs, 7-14 instead of batting down and playing in the overs 15-20. Followed by either Riyad/Mushy/Ziaur.

Sovik
September 18, 2012, 02:08 AM
Where is the poll?

Rakibul @4? Anyone else we should try.

I think Mushi has done better @4 than anyone else

Lutfulkhan
September 18, 2012, 04:34 AM

But are we not supposed to learn from the mistakes in practise matches so that in a real game we don't mess up!

Where is the poll?

Rakibul @4? Anyone else we should try.

I think Mushi has done better @4 than anyone else

Totally agree with you.

Musy "in his current form" should come after Nasir and even after Mahmudullah if needed. I know Nasir is slow and doesnt have shots but he can build an inning. Musy is by far one of our best finishers. Him and Zia at the end together can be explosive. I think this may also bring his confidence back.

BengaliPagol
September 18, 2012, 05:03 AM
I thinking exposing Mushy too early isnt the best idea. He should either bat at no. 3. or bat down the order. But since Shakib is at #3 then he should be the guy to finish the innings off with Ziaur.

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Mohammad Ashraful
3. Shakib Al Hasan
4. Nasir Hossain
5. Mahmudullah
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Ziaur Rahman

Since the middle order is weak Mushfiq and Ziaur can work well together during the death overs to get the job done. Id rather want Mushfiq and Ziaur to finish the innings then to see Nasir/Ziaur or Riyad/Ziaur to get the job done.

Mav
September 18, 2012, 09:47 AM
4 is perfect for a guy who can play a steady innings and can also hit some big ones under pressure, in both odi's and t20's.

Dhakablues
September 18, 2012, 11:20 AM
I think we have done enough experiments with the batting order and the players and the coach is comfortable where they are.. Mushfique/Riad playing top the order was required to allow Shaqib to play up. We were always short of that REAL #3,4 and tried out Shahrier Nafees, Junaid Siddique, Zahirul Islam. I personally wouldve wanted someone like Mushfique to bat at 6 to assist the tail-enders and finish the game but honestly dont think there will be any changes for th T20 series..

Mr.Cricket
September 21, 2012, 12:53 PM
What happened mushfiq? You think we were kidding about the fact that you should not play @ #3??
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Kohli_Sox
September 21, 2012, 08:15 PM
Just bring Nasir in top order, see Stuart Law had settled the team in one way and after he's gone, we are watching a different line up

Gowza
September 21, 2012, 08:18 PM
yep bring nasir up to number 4, he has a good head on his shoulders.

Ajfar
September 21, 2012, 08:28 PM
I think we should stick to him at 4. I don't know why our players are always in such a rush to hit bowlers our of the park within the first couple overs they face. Mushy has shown before he can hit it out of the park, once he is settled in well into his game. It's one thing if you come and there's only 4-5 overs left and you need to just go for it. Today he had so much time in his hand. Granted we did need to score 10 an over, but considering there was still 15+ overs left and we just lost 2 of our main batsman he should have focused on picking up singles/doubles and the odd boundary. If he played the shot that got him later on in his innings he probably could have timed it much better and clear the rope.

SS
September 21, 2012, 10:48 PM
both he and his deputy lost form together and should work hard to claim that important position, both of them are getting out in the middle and our middle order all of a sudden is really bad

Habib
September 21, 2012, 11:22 PM
Shak should come at 4 and Mushy at 5. That's how it should be. Nasir at 6 for now and make Riyad bat at 3 and take some responsibility.