PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: ICC World Twenty20 2012: Group D - Bangladesh v New Zealand | Pallekele | Sep 21, 2012 | 15:30 SLST, 16:00 BST, 10:00 GMT

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Maysun
September 18, 2012, 12:12 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/47/2012iccworldt20.png/250px-2012iccworldt20.png

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zVjbVPFeo2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bangladesh http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg/40px-Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg.png
Mushfiqur Rahim*†, Mahmudullah, Abdur Razzak, Abul Hasan, Elias Sunny, Farhad Reza, Jahurul Islam, Junaid Siddique, Mashrafe Mortaza, Mohammad Ashraful, Nasir Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Ziaur Rahman

New Zealand http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3e/Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg/40px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png
Ross Taylor*, Doug Bracewell, Martin Guptill, James Franklin, Ronnie Hira, Brendon McCullum†, Adam Milne, Kyle Mills, Rob Nicol, Nathan McCullum, Jacob Oram, Tim Southee, Daniel Vettori, BJ Watling, Kane Williamson

Venue: Pallekele International Cricket Stadium (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/ground/434211.html)
Date: Sep 21, 2012
Time: 15:30 SLST, 16:00 BST, 10:00 GMT

Weather: World Weather ( http://www.worldweatheronline.com/cricket/Pallekele-Cricket-Stadium-Kandy-weather/LK.aspx) | BBC Weather (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/1241622/extended) | AccuWeather (http://www.accuweather.com/en/lk/pallekele-kadawidiya/833194/weather-forecast/833194)

ESPNCricinfo match coverage: 5th Match, Group D - Bangladesh v New Zealand, Sep 21, 2012 (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/engine/current/match/533276.html)

BC Coverage (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2019&type=Home) | ICC WT20 2012 Official (http://www.iccworldtwenty20.com/) | ESPNCricinfo (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/current/series/531597.html)

tiger_omar
September 18, 2012, 12:22 AM
Bismillah! Good luck Bangladesh!!

Rabz
September 18, 2012, 12:54 AM
Best of luck to the Bangladesh Team.
This is the match we all been waiting for.
All the preparation for last few months, close to 20 warm up games, the combinations and permutations were precisely designed for this all important match.
We win this, all the hard work comes to life.
InshAllah, Allah will listen to our prayers and we will win the game.

Rabz
September 18, 2012, 12:56 AM
By the way, good work Maysun.
InshAllah, you will also continue with your winning streak and prove to be good luck charm for us :)

tanvir_nus
September 18, 2012, 01:07 AM
Omg! I am going to watch this live, in a few hours I am leaving for Colombo... Never been so excited in my whole life. I got to speak with Zunaid bhai, all just seems like a dream now. Sri Lankaaaa here I comeeee

Naimul_Hd
September 18, 2012, 01:36 AM
Best of Luck to Maysun and Bangladesh team. :)

Omg! I am going to watch this live, in a few hours I am leaving for Colombo... Never been so excited in my whole life. I got to speak with Zunaid bhai, all just seems like a dream now. Sri Lankaaaa here I comeeee

Good luck buddy. Don't forget to take big national flag with you :)

Rabz
September 18, 2012, 01:43 AM
Good luck bro. We want to hear all about it, your experience in Sri Lanka, the food, the people, the culture, the stadium, everything.
A total travel guide and ofcourse the main thing, the match report after 21st.

kalpurush
September 18, 2012, 02:14 AM
Nice thread maysun! Wish you good luck!!

Maysun
September 18, 2012, 02:22 AM
NZ hit as Southee, Nicol fall sick (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/582704.html?CMP=chrome)

Good news everyone, Nicol and Southee most likely won't play against us!! :D
And Vettori fell ill, but recovered.

nyferari
September 18, 2012, 02:23 AM
Follow the full stories (http://www.crictale.com)

Nocturnal
September 18, 2012, 02:24 AM
Good Luck Tigers

Maysun
September 18, 2012, 02:25 AM
Thank you Rabz bhai, Naimul and KP da.

And tanvir_nus, have fun and enjoy! Do share your experience with us.

kalpurush
September 18, 2012, 02:33 AM
NZ hit as Southee, Nicol fall sick (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/582704.html?CMP=chrome)

Follow the full stories (http://www.crictale.com)
:ohno: Hah! No charm beating an "ill" team!

I am disapointed!!

patriot
September 18, 2012, 02:49 AM

I dont think thats good news .

1. We are Bangladesh , we will find ways to make some lesser known players/substitutes superstars.
2. I want us to beat a full strength Kiwi Team.

Mashfan
September 18, 2012, 03:26 AM
Nicol and Southee not absolute important player's for NZ. Without Tim Southee and Rob Nicol who scored 0 against India, New Zealand managed to win at India's home ground.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-new-zealand-2012/engine/match/565820.html

shivfan
September 18, 2012, 03:32 AM
Permaul out for 42, and Hope not out on 217, as HPC declare on 534-9....

Permaul takes 3-57, and there's one wicket each for Cummings and Carlos, as they reduce their opponents to 129-5.

Roni_uk
September 18, 2012, 04:15 AM
most prob will miss this match :( but good luck Bangladesh.. hope we will win.

Night_wolf
September 18, 2012, 05:58 AM
you know before the 2007 wc match vs india i had no tension for some reason, i had a feelings we were going to win that match..i have the same feelings now

zinatf
September 18, 2012, 06:01 AM
Best of luck to our players...

And to us all, may luck be with us!!

Mashfan
September 18, 2012, 06:02 AM
you know before the 2007 wc match vs india i had no tension for some reason, i had a feelings we were going to win that match..i have the same feelings now

inshallah your feeling come's true:flag:

zinatf
September 18, 2012, 06:02 AM
By the way, good work Maysun.
InshAllah, you will also continue with your winning streak and prove to be good luck charm for us :)

Ahem :waiting:

dash
September 18, 2012, 06:19 AM
may the force be with us.....inshallah we are winning it...peace

simon
September 18, 2012, 06:27 AM
Good thread Maysun
best of luck to the boys.
Our best chance to go to the nxt round as we all know.
So go for it get us through boys. :flag:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Maysun
September 18, 2012, 06:33 AM
may the force be with us.....inshallah we are winning it...peace

Yes, he approves and shall choke the Kiwis!

http://ocvarsity.freedomblogging.com/files/2012/05/Darth_Vader_force_choke.jpg

zinatf
September 18, 2012, 06:34 AM
^Star Wars...haha!

SMHasan
September 18, 2012, 06:43 AM
Bring on the Kiwis. We will thrash them.
Bring on the Pakis and we will topple them.
We are through and free....

Bring it On!!!

dash
September 18, 2012, 06:47 AM
^Star Wars...haha!

yes we will take down Jupiter junks, Saturn satans and Martian marshmallows, if we have to...be it with the 303 rifles that the ansars guarding the shahjalal airport use..

Rabz
September 18, 2012, 06:58 AM
Ahem :waiting:

Double Ahem !!

Ki holo ?? mone holo tumi bepar ta ektu personally niye nila ? :-p
Tomar track record o onek bhalo, just open threads on next BPL :lol:

Antora
September 18, 2012, 07:04 AM
Not sure how much of this match I'll be able to follow as I'll be getting fat at a dawat, but best of luck to Bangladesh :) If there's any match we should win, it's this one.

zinatf
September 18, 2012, 07:07 AM
Double Ahem !!

Ki holo ?? mone holo tumi bepar ta ektu personally niye nila ? :-p
Tomar track record o onek bhalo, just open threads on next BPL :lol:

Personally niye labh ki...ami next thread tai khultesi khali ektu sobur koren...BPL porjonto jawa lagbena ;)

Purbasha T
September 18, 2012, 07:15 AM
Yes, c'mooooon!!!

Night_wolf
September 18, 2012, 07:23 AM
Personally niye labh ki...ami next thread tai khultesi khali ektu sobur koren...BPL porjonto jawa lagbena ;)

pak er sathe amra amni always hari..but i think if you open the thread this time kisu akta hoye jaite pare..go ahead!!!:up:

MohammedC
September 18, 2012, 08:48 AM
Bismillah. Good Luck Bangladesh. And I hope the NZ players recover from their illness so we can beat their best team. Don't want to hear any excuse from the critics.

mufi_02
September 18, 2012, 08:53 AM
I thought the game was on Thurs (20th), but its on Fri. Agghh!! one more day to wait. Sat hoile bhalo hoito. It starts at 6AM here.

sharup
September 18, 2012, 08:57 AM
Cholo Bangladesh....

zinatf
September 18, 2012, 09:02 AM
pak er sathe amra amni always hari..but i think if you open the thread this time kisu akta hoye jaite pare..go ahead!!!:up:

Arreh waah! Nekrer support. I like. I like ;)

simon
September 18, 2012, 10:25 AM
Arreh waah! Nekrer support. I like. I like ;)

Nekre support dey karon PAk er shathey win korar possibility hardly 20 % , ei thread khula holo suicide attempt, tumi fottur hoya jaba.

zinatf
September 18, 2012, 10:29 AM
Nekre support dey karon PAk er shathey win korar possibility hardly 20 % , ei thread khula holo suicide attempt, tumi fottur hoya jaba.

Thak GURU risk na nile moja ase ar kishe ;)

Apni Aashirbaad koren...folafol bhinno hote pare Allah chaile :D

Dhakablues
September 18, 2012, 11:14 AM
Snce the discussion is about NZ, I think Bangladesh has a chance to win if the 9th player also bats atleast 80 SR. With the re-shuffling, we have most of our batters by 6 and no allrounders to assist the tail-enders finish off games unless we get Forhad Reza to start with Mashrafee. But I dont think that is happening.. Nevertheless, we are talking about T20 and this has been the best preparation, best team we have EVER had- in fact, I will be audicious enough to call this particular team the DREAM TEAM ( Did you ever imagine Ashraful in-form and consistent playing with a fit & mature Mashrafee, Stellar Shaqib, team man Mushfique and a focused Tamim and a born again Riad playing with Ghormakto marattok Illias? ) !!

simon
September 18, 2012, 11:39 AM
Thak GURU risk na nile moja ase ar kishe ;)

Apni Aashirbaad koren...folafol bhinno hote pare Allah chaile :D

folafol bhinno hole tumi super duper hit :D
beating Pak is the best thing to happen in a BD cric fan's life.

AsifTheManRahman
September 18, 2012, 11:50 AM
in fact, I will be audicious enough to call this particular team the DREAM TEAM ( Did you ever imagine Ashraful in-form and consistent playing with a fit & mature Mashrafee, Stellar Shaqib, team man Mushfique and a focused Tamim and a born again Riad playing with Ghormakto marattok Illias? ) !!
Yet we lose to Scotland. :facepalm:

Dhakablues
September 18, 2012, 12:20 PM
Yet we lose to Scotland. :facepalm:

Hey, Dream Team doesnt necessarily mean its the 'invincible' team; and besides, we were tired, jet lagged and played with an Abul!! :)

crikss
September 18, 2012, 01:45 PM
I think Abuilla will play against Kiwis since Shafiul's performance was below para level

AsifTheManRahman
September 18, 2012, 02:04 PM
McCullum Abuilla re paile hoise. Jersey khuila marbey.

Ajfar
September 18, 2012, 02:31 PM
McCullum Abuilla re paile hoise. Jersey khuila marbey.

No worries. Callum bhai already played his Eid innings against India, dui ekta marbe hoito tarpor Nayok Raj Razzak case closed kore dibe.

Zeeshan
September 18, 2012, 03:45 PM
priyo kiwi.... :p

j/k relax... it's seems these two words will be the most dangerous words ever written in forum

Nadim
September 18, 2012, 03:47 PM
priyo kiwi.... :p

j/k relax... it's seems these two words will be the most dangerous words ever written in forum

Oh no, not again. This can't be a j/k...shob sesh
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

mali007
September 18, 2012, 04:23 PM
We need to reshuffle batting order . Zia is in super form , he should play at no.4 or 5 . I have mentioned it in another post. Ex-captain Sujon also think as I .

মূল পাতা খেলা
¦ [print]
« পূর্ববর্তী সংবাদ

পরবর্তী সংবাদ »
মুখোমুখি প্রতিদিনজিয়াকে অবশ্যই নাসিরের আগে পাঠানো উচিতটোয়েন্টি টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপ শুরু হয়ে গেছে, তবে বাংলাদেশ মাঠে নামছে আরো কয়েকটা দিন পর। তারা খেলতে নামার আগে কালের কণ্ঠ স্পোর্টসের মুখোমুখি হয়ে বাংলাদেশ দলের সাফল্য-সম্ভাবনা ও ত্রুটি-বিচ্যুতি বিশ্লেষণ করেছেন সাবেক অধিনায়ক খালেদ মাহমুদ
কালের কণ্ঠ স্পোর্টস : এই কিছুদিন আগেও বাংলাদেশ দলই স্বীকার করত যে টি-টোয়েন্টিতে তারা ঠিক অভ্যস্ত নয়। তো বিশ্বকাপ সামনে রেখে এ ধরনের প্রচুর ম্যাচ খেলে যাওয়া দলটিকে এখন কিভাবে মূল্যায়ন করবেন?
খালেদ মাহমুদ : আগের চেয়ে অবশ্যই ভালো। টি-টোয়েন্টি পারফরম্যান্সে অনেক স্থিরতা এসেছে। পারফরম্যান্সে ধারাবাহিকতাও এসেছে কিছুটা। ভালো করবে আশা করি। তবে দল-সজ্জাটা যেরকম হচ্ছে, সেটা ঠিক আমার মনের মতো নয়।
প্রশ্ন : কী করলে আপনার মনের মতো হতো?
মাহমুদ : এই ধরুন, আমার মনে হচ্ছে শ্রীলঙ্কার কন্ডিশনে বাড়তি একজন সিম বোলার খেলালে ভালো হতো। কেন খেলাচ্ছে না, ম্যানেজমেন্টই সেটা ভালো বলতে পারবে। তা ছাড়া ব্যাটিং অর্ডারও পুনর্বিন্যাস করার প্রয়োজন আছে বলে মনে করি। সাকিব ওয়ান ডাউনে নামছে, ঠিকই আছে। তবে জিয়াকেও ওপরে তুলে নিয়ে আসা উচিত। যেহেতু ও ফর্মে আছে। পেছনে নামছে বলে পার্টনারের অভাব হচ্ছে কখনো, আবার কখনো পর্যাপ্ত সময়ও পাচ্ছে না। কাজেই আমার মনে হয়, জিয়াকে অবশ্যই নাসিরের আগে পাঠানো উচিত। আর টি-টোয়েন্টি এতই সংক্ষিপ্ত একটা খেলা যে, এখানে চিন্তা করার সুযোগ খুব বেশি নেই। আমার সোজা কথা, যারা ফর্মে আছে তাদের ভালোমতো ব্যবহার করতে হবে। প্রচলিত চিন্তাধারা থেকে বেরিয়ে এসে একটু অন্য রকম চিন্তা করলে মনে হয় বিশ্বকাপে দলটার ভালো করার সম্ভাবনা আরো বেড়ে যাবে।
প্রশ্ন : আয়ারল্যান্ডের কাছে হেরে প্রস্তুতি শেষ করার ব্যাপারটা কিভাবে দেখছেন?
মাহমুদ : আসলে যেকোনো হারই মনোবল একটু হলেও কমিয়ে দেয়। আর আইরিশদের কাছে যে জায়গায় থেকে ম্যাচটা হেরেছে, সেটা খুব ভালো লক্ষণও নয়। একটা সময় মাশরাফি আউট হওয়ার পর ইলিয়াস সানি চারটি বল ডট দিয়েছে। যদিও আমি ম্যাচটা দেখিনি। তবে কেন চারটা ডট বল দিতে হলো, এটা ঠিক আমি বুঝে উঠতে পারছি না। যাই হোক, এ অবস্থায় পাকিস্তানের বিপক্ষে প্রথম ম্যাচটা খেলতে হলে সমস্যা ছিল। নিউজিল্যান্ড হওয়াতে যে খুব সুবিধা হয়ে গেল, সেটাও বলছি না। তবে শ্রীলঙ্কান কন্ডিশনে কিউইদের বিপক্ষে বাংলাদেশের ভালো করার কথা।
প্রশ্ন : একটু আগেই বলেছেন যে বাংলাদেশের টি-টোয়েন্টি দল এখন আগের চেয়ে ভালো। কতটা?
মাহমুদ : যতটা ভালো হওয়ার কথা ছিল ততটা অবশ্য হয়নি। হ্যাঁ, দলের আত্মবিশ্বাস বেড়েছে। কিছু খেলোয়াড় খুব ভালো খেলছে। কিন্তু এ ফরম্যাটে দলের বেশির ভাগ খেলোয়াড়ের পারফর্ম করাটা জরুরি। তা ছাড়া আমরা পুরো দলটা ঝালিয়েও নিতে পারিনি। যেমন প্র্যাকটিস ম্যাচ হলো কিন্তু ফরহাদ রেজা, জুনায়েদ, জহুরুল ও আবুল হাসানদের খেলানোই হলো না। প্র্যাকটিস ম্যাচের মানে কী? আপনি আপনার দলটা ঝালিয়ে নেবেন, এই তো? এখন কেউ ইনজুরিতে পড়লে ওদের মধ্য থেকেই কাউকে নামাতে হবে। অর্থাৎ কোনো প্র্যাকটিস ম্যাচ খেলা ছাড়াই তাঁকে নেমে পড়তে হবে। দলের সঙ্গে থাকা টেকনিক্যাল লোকরা এসব বুঝবেন না, আশা করিনি।
« পূর্ববর্তী সংবাদ

Zeeshan
September 18, 2012, 04:37 PM
If it pays off dividends to use spinners, where in Hadith is it written that we HAVE to rely on pacers like Mortaza, Shafiul? Blasphemy?

Ashwin got four wickets, Mendis dominated in the sub-con pitches, okay perhaps Pathan is an exception. But still, I think we can easily curb 20-30 runs if we don't have to take an orthodox approach.

dash
September 18, 2012, 05:15 PM
zimbo gulake taratari bhagay dibar plan iccr

Kohli_Sox
September 18, 2012, 05:25 PM
Open with spin imo

Dilscoop
September 18, 2012, 05:29 PM
This is what the current schedule looks like

18th- Group C
19th- Group A
19th- Group B
20th- Group C
21st- Group D
21st- Group A/B

Makes no sense. How can group C play twice before group D? On the 20th, group D should be playing instead.

Zeeshan
September 18, 2012, 05:34 PM
Open with spin imo

That too not with Razzak. Why not use #1 ODI allrounder to push them on the backfoot? What are we afraid of? Oooh if we use Shakib too much then they will figure out how to play him?

SS
September 18, 2012, 05:37 PM
how come ppl are saying one of the best squad!!! this squad now have almost three off form middle order batsmen who barely can score over 30 runs and also bowling so so weak with 3 SLAs performing match winning performance once in a blue moon. I don't want to talk about pacers, one who is half what he was and other will just fall in his follow through when the lankan wind will knock him down...NZ will go past easy..Taylor, McCullum will destry our bowling

22Yards
September 18, 2012, 07:37 PM
That too not with Razzak. Why not use #1 ODI allrounder to push them on the backfoot? What are we afraid of? Oooh if we use Shakib too much then they will figure out how to play him?
Lol no. If you use shakib too much in the beginning he will run out of his four over quota. Or in another words, there won't be anyone to save our as**s in the end.

Zeeshan
September 18, 2012, 07:38 PM
Lol no. If you use shakib too much in the beginning he will run out of his four over quota. Or in another words, there won't be anyone to save our as**s in the end.

On the other hand, if he manages early breakthrough, pacers and Abul can wipe out the tail with less resistance?

Dilscoop
September 18, 2012, 08:00 PM
Or. Or "Pacers" and Ability get their *** trashed either way. Look back in history, our pacers are "too good" for any Int tail...

Dhakablues
September 18, 2012, 09:03 PM
As the SLPL experienced players are saying,, that particular pitch is seam-friendly and does not spin well... Either way, I doubt that Bangladesh will go with only one pacer and add an extra batsmen- They can and that very well can work at T20..Because there are lots of T20 bowling options for Mushfique. Other than himself and Tamim, all the other 9 players ( Ashraful, Shakib, Riad, Nasir, Zia, Mashrafee, Razzaque, Ilias, Shafiul or Abul/Forhad) barring J & J ( who wont play anyways) can and have bowled regularly in domestic league.

NoName
September 18, 2012, 09:59 PM
Who should our death-over bowlers be?

cricbook
September 18, 2012, 10:17 PM
Good luck bangladesh........ar koto bolbo?.....akhon aktai chaowa...pls play like a tiger....will see...porer kotha...if we can play like the way we played against newzeland in bangladesh....amar banglar kosom......newzeland er saya o tikbe na rode......cup purbo pokete....fere ashbe ora birer vheshe....korbo recieve haste haste......shudhu orai pare ai asha purno korte....ja agie.....16 koti manush toder pise.....joi bangla...joi banglar manush.:flag::flag::flag:

22Yards
September 18, 2012, 10:41 PM
On the other hand, if he manages early breakthrough, pacers and Abul can wipe out the tail with less resistance?

More often than not batsmen tend to play cautiously at the fall of one or two wicket. On the other hand, shakib's experience and brain will come handy at the death. ( remember ipl final over ?)

Personally, i too would have liked shakib to bowl early but that would mean others have to take responsibility which i dont think they can quite pull off.

Jadukor
September 18, 2012, 10:45 PM
Last time we played against the big teams we were able to compete head on, full 50 overs with the likes of Sri Lanka, India and Pakistan. We are a strong team that still suffers from the usual tendency to self implode. Pakistan has the same problem too and they have been playing cricket a lot longer than we have.
In the game against NZ if we can play up to the level we displayed in the Asia Cup with 4-5 of our top guns firing we will have enough in the tank to beat NZ fair and square. Let's hope the right team shows up on friday and not the one that produced 58.

Dilscoop
September 19, 2012, 12:05 AM
Pitch spins or not, BD "spinners" can't spin. Just like the pacers...

Navo
September 19, 2012, 03:37 AM
Pitch spins or not, BD "spinners" can't spin. Just like the pacers...

Ball doesn't have to turn extravagantly. I watched the SL vs. Zim match yesterday and the Mendises were not turning the ball sideways. They largely used clever variations of line and length with the occasional ball rushing the batsman's stroke. Our spinners have shown in the past that they can do that.

Mashfan
September 19, 2012, 08:54 AM
here's a Mushfiqur Rahim stat that surprised me. He's been run-out Five times in T20I, Third Overall. Link's below.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=3;dismissal=4;filter=advanced;ord erby=innings;template=results;type=batting

Tiger444
September 19, 2012, 10:17 AM
According to Dailystar, Mushy said that he's not changing the lineup for the match against NZ. I think it's a good decision in the end. While Shafiul has been inconsistent, he's played a part in some big wins for us which I can't say the same for Farhad and obviously Abul.

Roquibul Hassan said that he thinks Junaid should be there in XI. I feel that's definitely an option but the only spot he can make it is in place of Nasir. I would keep Nasir in there though. He's played the finisher role very well for us previously and see no reason to drop him especially since Junaid has proved to be a very inconsistent batsman already at this level.

So overall, I think this is the best XI that we are playing out there.

godzilla
September 19, 2012, 11:00 AM
Funny thing is both BD and NZ is particularly looking at this match to qualify. The bottom line is who ever wins this goes on to super 8

zinatf
September 19, 2012, 11:16 AM
McCullum's there...hmm...pacers/spinners please take him down the earliest please!

Tiger444
September 19, 2012, 11:19 AM
McCullum's there...hmm...pacers/spinners please take him down the earliest please!

And Taylor as well

Hasan2k8
September 19, 2012, 11:24 AM
I'm gonna miss this match I'll be at work :(. I hope Bangladesh wins :)

SS
September 19, 2012, 09:38 PM
According to Dailystar, Mushy said that he's not changing the lineup for the match against NZ.

Mushy's off form along with Nasir and other middle order's recent performance require change in line up if we want to win the match...i know if he do good and if he win i will eat my word..

Dilscoop
September 19, 2012, 10:30 PM
You won the World Series maysun, I'm sure you can win this worthless game! Go get it!

cricbook
September 19, 2012, 10:36 PM
1 more day to go......can't wait for the friday morning....sakib is my only hope...sakib is my only believe.......FATHER OF BD CRICKET IS SAKIB AL HASAN....HE CREATED THE BD CRICKET.....HE IS THE ONLY MAN WHO WE BELIEVE CAN TAKE US HOME....SIMPLY BECAUSE HE CAN......:flag:

Ajfar
September 19, 2012, 10:48 PM
And Taylor as well

They have some other key batsman's too- Guptil, Oram for example. They might not have big/known names but they have more than enough in them to give us some whooping. This kiwi line up is no joke, they can put up a huge total and chase down one too, not that I think we can actually give them a big total to chase down.

F6_Turbo
September 19, 2012, 10:50 PM
Thought we were playing today :down:

This tournament has been rubbish so far...fielding and catching atrocious. At least the Afghanistan v India match was competitive.

Maysun
September 19, 2012, 11:09 PM
You won the World Series maysun, I'm sure you can win this worthless game! Go get it!

I already gave my opinion in public. Reza/Junaid in for Shafiul. And I think the best option would be, Junaid in for Shafiul and make him bat at #3, while Shakib drops to #4.

It's upto Pybus and Mushy if they want to heed my advice.

simon
September 20, 2012, 01:39 AM
Maysun bro, khali MT khulley,ba opinion diley,ba tweet marley hobe na.
gorib der khawao, daan khoirat koro, khashi/goru jobai dao, gorib der khawao,Tailor ar Kalam ke tabij koro :ohno: ei match harley amra shobai :ohno:

Maysun
September 20, 2012, 01:47 AM
^ simon bhai, it's just a game. Relax. ;)

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2012/2/14/0ae8b2be-e650-4917-8c0f-54369b0238c1.jpg

simon
September 20, 2012, 01:50 AM
^oo accha,jei kichu poisha khoroch er kotha bollam omni "just a game", "relax" :smh:

Maysun
September 20, 2012, 02:34 AM
^oo accha,jei kichu poisha khoroch er kotha bollam omni "just a game", "relax" :smh:

Hehe it's not like that :-p

Anyways, I will play you. What's the point in me spending money and praying for them? It's upto the management and the players to do their job properly.

And if that theory worked, I'm sure by now, we would have won the WC :D

M.H.Rubel
September 20, 2012, 02:38 AM
'A very tough group'
Bishwajit Roy from Kandy

Bangladesh can draw inspiration from their last encounter with New Zealand before their first ICC World Twenty20 group match against the Kiwis tomorrow as they whitewashed their opponents 4-0 in October 2010 in a one-day series in Dhaka.

But the Kiwis were not ready to look too far back ahead of their group opener against the Tigers, instead taking inspiration from their recent impressive results against the India.

“That series was two years ago. We can't really go back to that; we can go only to the last couple of weeks. We beat India a week ago in their own conditions. We have got to take the momentum. The last two warm-up matches against Australia and South Africa did not quite go to plan. We have got to put that behind us and come out with a plan,” said Martin Guptill, the New Zealand top-order batsman who was not on that forlorn tour in 2010.

The two sides played only one T20I so far that Bangladesh lost by ten wickets at Seddon Park in February 2010 but Bangladesh have recently improved their standing in the shortest version of the game, playing fifteen matches over the last three months in different conditions. Guptill told the media after yesterday's training session at the Pallekele International Stadium that they were well aware of Bangladesh's strength.

“It's a very tough group and it's going to be a tough game (the first match against Bangladesh), we can't take them for granted, they have got some world-class players in their side and we know that, we have respect for them and we can only control how we play. So that's the way to focus leading up to the game,” the New Zealander responded when asked about whether they are in the proverbial 'group of death' with Pakistan and Bangladesh making up the formidable three-team Group D.

According to Guptill, New Zealand is not overly worried about Bangladesh's spin attack, which is their main strength.

“The way we played spin against India in Chennai in the Twenty20 match, if we can do exactly the same and just be positive I think we are going to do pretty well and give the runs on the board that we need,” he explained adding that he has got a couple of partnerships with James Franklin in Twenty20 cricket over the years and hoped that he can continue with that.

But the 25-year-old batsman, who has an impressive strike rate of 124.88 and an average of 32.72, believed that T20 is an unpredictable game where one can single-handedly take away the game from others.

“I have played some Twenty20 cricket and what I feel is that it's an unpredictable and funny game because only one person can take a game away from the other side. We are going to be on our toes in these next two games, so we can go to the Super Eights,” he opined.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=250430

Roni_uk
September 20, 2012, 05:34 AM
^^ I am scared of this match :(

Out_You_Go
September 20, 2012, 05:44 AM
Flying to Bangladesh today..hope to witness our victory from the streets of Dhaka itself In sha ALLAH!

Out_You_Go
September 20, 2012, 05:47 AM
My starting XI :-

Tamim
Ashraful
Shakib
Nasir
Mushy
Ziaur
Riyad
Mortaza
Reza
Sunny
Shafiul

4 Pacers + 2 SLAs + 2 offy + 1 miscellaneous (Ashraful :D)

M.H.Rubel
September 20, 2012, 06:43 AM
New Zealand face Bangladesh in the battle of underdogs
‍Sports Desk
banglanews24.com/NDTV

Pallekele: Two giant-killers who have a reputation of disturbing set calculations will be up against each other when New Zealand and Bangladesh clash in their opening Group D match of the World Twenty20 on Friday.

Both Bangladesh and New Zealand are known to raise the bar when it comes to performing at major ICC events and it would be interesting to see which of the two manages to go a notch higher in the one-on-one battle.

New Zealand`s build up to the event has been far from ideal as three of their key players, including inspirational former skipper Daniel Vettori and pacer Tim Southee, have been laid low by gastroenteritis.

The Kiwis` warm-up campaign was also disappointing as they lost both their matches. It has been a far from ideal stay in the island nation so far for them but New Zealand`s cricketers are well known for fighting through the odds and put up creditable performances.

Led by an in-form and explosive Ross Taylor, the Kiwis seem a decent Twenty20 side with hard-hitting stars such Brendon McCullum and veteran all-rounder Jacob Oram.

In Kane Williamson, they have discovered a top-order batsman who can provide steady starts. But their major problem remains inconsistency and the failure to click as a unit.

Despite a seemingly balanced line-up on paper, the Kiwis have more often than not been guilty of throwing it away from strong positions.

Their bowling department is faced with similar problems but Vettori could prove to be their trump card on the turning tracks here.

Bangladesh, on the other hand, are a sprightly mix which lost one and won one practice game heading into the big event.

Most of the team`s players are in their early 20s and what could work to their advantage is the comfort of the playing in home-like conditions.

The likes of Tamim Iqbal, Shakib Al Hasan and skipper Mushfiqur Rahim hold the key to their batting fortunes while Mashrafe Mortaza and Abdur Razzak will be leading the bowling department.

What the Tigers would be banking on is the element of surprise they bring in. Diminutive they might be in physical appearance but their lion-hearted approach to the game has won Bangladesh`s cricketers many an applause.

Given their similar fearless approach, it seems to be an interesting clash of the underdogs.

Bangladesh: Abdur Razzak, Abul Hasan, Al-Amin Hossain, Alauddin Babu, Alok Kapali, Anamul Haque, Elias Sunny, Enamul Haque Jnr, Farhad Reza, Imrul Kayes, Jahurul Islam, Junaid Siddique, Kazi Kamrul Islam, Mahmudullah, Mashrafe Mortaza, Mohammad Ashraful, Mominul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim (c), Naeem Islam, Nasir Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Raqibul Hasan, Sabbir Rahman, Shafiul Islam, Shahadat Hossain, Shakib Al Hasan, Shuvagata Hom, Sohag Gazi, Tamim Iqbal, Ziaur Rahman.

New Zealand: Ross Taylor (c), Doug Bracewell, James Franklin, Martin Guptill, Ronnie Hira, Brendon McCullum, Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Adam Milne, Rob Nicol, Jacob Oram, Tim Southee, Daniel Vettori, BJ Watling, Kane Williamson.

http://www.banglanews24.com/English/detailsnews.php?nssl=a30492b0bb25e23eceed799209ae7 be8&nttl=2012092053492&toppos=1

M.H.Rubel
September 20, 2012, 06:51 AM
Match facts
September 21, 2012
Start time 1530 local (1000 GMT)

An explosive start by Brendon McCullum could fire up New Zealand in the Group of Death © Associated Press
Enlarge

Related Links
Matches: Bangladesh v New Zealand at Pallekele
Series/Tournaments: ICC World Twenty20
Teams: Bangladesh | New Zealand

Big Picture
New Zealand, the underdogs, will open their World Twenty20 campaign against a team that is considered this year's dark horses and actually hold a mental edge over them - Bangladesh crushed the visiting New Zealand side 4-0 in a one-day series, and though that was two years ago, the memory is fresh for the eight members of the current squad who rejoiced with the cricket-crazy nation at the time.

Bangladesh, however, have to quickly realise that New Zealand will play for pride, with the added bonus of taking an early lead in a group that includes Pakistan; the group has been called the Group of Death, not just because its Group D but with good reason.

Ross Taylor will lead a side that has traditionally done well in multi-tournament formats, where they gel as a unit to reduce the gap between them and more talented or experienced sides. But this hasn't been a very positive year for New Zealand: they did start the 2011-12 season with home and away wins over Zimbabwe on either side of a drawn Test series in Australia - that included that win in Hobart - but it has been downhill ever since, losing at home to South Africa and away to West Indies in all three formats. There was a spark of hope coming into this tournament, as they recovered from a Test-series loss in India to take the rain-hit Twenty20 series with a win in Chennai. Subsequently, in a way, this is a great stage for New Zealand - they get a global tournament in which to impress and make up for a poor year.

The main issue for them is fitness: Daniel Vettori, Tim Southee and Rob Nicol went to Kandy a day later than the rest of the team, as they were too sick to do the travelling on the stipulated day. The trio suffered gastro problems in Colombo, but have since recovered and are likely to be fit for selection. Also, Kyle Mills, who was recovering from his collision with McCullum during the India T20, had a bout of laryngitis. He too is expected to be fit.

Still, whether they are tested would entirely depend on how much fight Bangladesh can provide. Bangladesh, as opposed to New Zealand, come into this competition confident and well-prepared: after their rousing Asia Cup performance, they have devoted the Bangladesh off-season to exclusively playing Twenty20s.

The recent history between the two sides, the talent within them and their strong reasons for needing to reach the Super Eights could produce a tremendous encounter.

Form guide
Bangladesh LWLWW (completed matches, most recent first)
New Zealand WLLLL

Watch out for
Brendon McCullum, the man who has played some of the most memorable Twenty20 innings since the format's inception. It is not really a surprise that he is the leading run-scorer in Twenty20 internationals. It is also important to understand that if he gets off to a good start, opposing captains could resort to changing bowlers every over with little change in the result. His most recent chartbuster came from No. 3 against India, and he could continue in that role.

Bangladesh would expect Tamim Iqbal, their most destructive batsman to be the fire-starter. Like McCullum, he can carve up an attack if things go to plan. But that's where the similarities end. Tamim hasn't fulfilled expectations in Twenty20 cricket, but the recent series in Europe and, especially, the Sri Lanka Premier League have helped him understand the format's demands.

Team news
For once Bangladesh have a settled line-up in Twenty20 cricket. The modified top-order would mean persistence with Mohammad Ashraful as Tamim's opening partner and Shakib Al Hasan at No. 3. Shakib's promotion would leave the middle-order with the task of finishing games, with Mushfiqur Rahim leading the way, and Nasir Hossain and Mahmudullah for company. Ziaur Rahman and Mashrafe Mortaza will provide the big-hitting down the order. The only change, mainly due to conditions in Pallekele that are not too conducive to spin bowling, could be that Abul Hasan's pace is preferred to the left-arm spin of Elias Sunny. Jahurul Islam, Farhad Reza and Junaid Siddique will only get a look-in if there's an injury.

Bangladesh (probable) 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Mohammad Ashraful, 3 Shakib Al Hasan, 4 Mushfiqur Rahim (capt & wk), 5 Nasir Hossain, 6 Mahmudullah, 7 Ziaur Rahman, 8 Mashrafe Mortaza, 9 Abdur Razzak, 10 Shafiul Islam, 11 Elias Sunny/Abul Hasan

New Zealand possess some prominent T20 cricketers; the key for Taylor would be to put together a line-up that balances attack and defence. He would be mindful of keeping the Bangladesh top-order quiet - Nathan McCullum could take the new ball to counter left-hander Tamim, but the difficulty would be to pick between four specialist pace bowlers who offer something different. Southee, if he has recovered sufficiently, would be picked on form, but Doug Bracewell and Adam Milne have pace, while Mills has guile.

New Zealand (probable) 1 Rob Nicol, 2 Martin Guptill, 3 Brendon McCullum (wk), 4 Kane Williamson, 5 Ross Taylor (capt), 6 Jacob Oram, 7 James Franklin, 8 Daniel Vettori, 9 Nathan McCullum, 10 Tim Southee/Doug Bracewell, 11 Kyle Mills/Adam Milne

Pitch and conditions
The batsmen would be happy to know that the Pallekele pitches offer a better run-rate than the other two venues at the World Twenty20. And New Zealand have some idea of this venue's profligate nature: they racked up a 300-plus score against Pakistan in the World Cup here last year and won by 110 runs. The weather however could ruin the contest, as there is forecast of rain in the area at noon on Friday.

Stats and trivia
Bangladesh have played one-fourth of all their T20Is in July this year.
New Zealand have been involved in three tied games so far, the most by any team.

Quotes
"If we had played some of our build-up matches against top teams, preparations would have been a little better. Still, with us playing together for quite some time now, I believe this is our best Twenty20 team."
Bangladesh's Mashrafe Mortaza

"It's a very tough group and it's going to be a tough game. We can't take them for granted, they have got some world-class players in their side and we know that. We have respect for them and we can only control how we play."
New Zealand's Martin Guptill

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/story/583038.html

zunaid_bd
September 20, 2012, 07:18 AM
Good luck bangladesh.. cant wait for the match .... One more thing ! people seems to be less excited about the match .. Why??? Wake up everyone !

al-Sagar
September 20, 2012, 07:43 AM
ar kotokhon .................

Rubu
September 20, 2012, 07:47 AM
How is the weather looking now?

Regardless, the whole world cup's success depends on the win or lose of one match. I don't like this format.

Naimul_Hd
September 20, 2012, 08:21 AM
Amar to tension e ekhoni haath paa thanda hoye jacche dadas ! :ohno:

roman
September 20, 2012, 08:26 AM
Amar tension hocche na. We will.win this..

Mr.Cricket
September 20, 2012, 08:39 AM
When does the game start?

Tiger444
September 20, 2012, 08:46 AM
They have some other key batsman's too- Guptil, Oram for example. They might not have big/known names but they have more than enough in them to give us some whooping. This kiwi line up is no joke, they can put up a huge total and chase down one too, not that I think we can actually give them a big total to chase down.

Agreed. They have a very good and disciplined team. Taylor, McCullum, Mills, Oram, Franklin and Vettori are all proven players and then they have Williamson, Guptill, and Southee who are very good young players. So it's a pretty stacked team they got and will be more than a handful to beat.

zunaid_bd
September 20, 2012, 09:02 AM
Tomorrow 4:15 BDT

Tigers_eye
September 20, 2012, 09:04 AM
Bismillah

Tigers_eye
September 20, 2012, 09:05 AM
Agreed. They have a very good and disciplined team. Taylor, McCullum, Mills, Oram, Franklin and Vettori are all proven players and then they have Williamson, Guptill, and Southee who are very good young players. So it's a pretty stacked team they got and will be more than a handful to beat.
Our brothers at SL are helping us. Few player'der patla paikhana hoisey. So will not 100%.

Mr.Cricket
September 20, 2012, 09:08 AM
Tomorrow 4:15 BDT
Thank You Sir

Zunaid
September 20, 2012, 09:09 AM
When does the game start?

Look at post 1. Read the thread title.

Mr.Cricket
September 20, 2012, 09:16 AM
We should bat first and get 150 atleast. Bowling first is too risky from my point of view. Anf if we do bowl first for obvious reasons, then we should try to restrict them before 140. The biggest problem is that Mushy is obsessed with bowling first. Lets face our fears and give our batting a go! You never know what might happen.

golam
September 20, 2012, 10:14 AM
Who is showing the game in US and Canada? Online?

roman
September 20, 2012, 10:25 AM
Who is showing the game in US a:)nd Canada? Online?

Come here during Match time and you.should get many links.:)

SS
September 20, 2012, 10:57 AM
Ami Musfiq captancy thread akta chobi refer korsi...the more the time is getting close to the game, the more I am getting disappointed with the bd batsmen (especially the middle order) prep for the game...ash still playing with reverse bat when he still not scoring 50, Razzak can't bat but still try to play scoop shot, and Mushy despite having bad patch playing cross bat wristy shot exposing his stamps. All those shots are great, but if you were out playing those shots (repeatedly) and still could not rectify the mistakes, why again play those shots. Won't you make the same mistake if you still did not rectify the mistakes?

Dhakablues
September 20, 2012, 11:23 AM
Ami Musfiq captancy thread akta chobi refer korsi...the more the time is getting close to the game, the more I am getting disappointed with the bd batsmen (especially the middle order) prep for the game...ash still playing with reverse bat when he still not scoring 50, Razzak can't bat but still try to play scoop shot, and Mushy despite having bad patch playing cross bat wristy shot exposing his stamps. All those shots are great, but if you were out playing those shots (repeatedly) and still could not rectify the mistakes, why again play those shots. Won't you make the same mistake if you still did not rectify the mistakes?

Bhaijan: No worries.. at the end, it will work out. There are players who covers up our deficiencies very well.. With a Shaikb/Tamim/Mashrafee/Zia can turnaround the game quickly for us.. and if the fielding reflects the spirit and self-belief ( and if we don't let NZ score 150+ and we don't lose 5 wickets by 100 runs) we will win...

Tigers_eye
September 20, 2012, 11:56 AM
who is showing the game in us and canada? Online?
espn360.

MohammedC
September 20, 2012, 12:59 PM
Good Luck Bangladesh. Will miss the whole match tomorrow. Starting work at 0930 and finishing at 1430.

mufi_02
September 20, 2012, 01:17 PM
Ok, so finally the day is here. I am already feeling very tensed. For the last 2 months there was so much analysis in BC about this WC and this match. The team traveled to Zim, Europe, WI and then few players went to SLPL, only for practice for this tournament. And now, its all in front of us.

Tiger444
September 20, 2012, 01:26 PM
Taylor looks for seam success
Bishwajit Roy from Kandy

Bangladesh is likely to play their tried and tested combination comprising three left-arm spinners and they may only change their minds if the grass is not taken off the pitch by the time the captains assemble for the toss at the Pallekele International Stadium today.

“The pitch looked green yesterday. But we will have to wait and see what shape it finally takes. Maybe some grass will come off, we don't know because it is currently under cover (due to some rain yesterday afternoon). We would obviously want to bat first. But if there is a green tinge we may change our minds,” said New Zealand captain Ross Taylor during a pre-match press conference yesterday.

Bangladesh will also change their minds with regards to team combination if the grass stays on the pitch and in that case pace-bowling all-rounder Forhad Reza or young pacer Abul Hossain may take the place of left-arm spinner Elias Sunny.

Bangladesh's bowling strength is their left-arm spinners and New Zealand is aware of that fact, which is why they practised against left-arm spinners in the nets to make sure they do well against them.

“We played a lot of left-arm spin in the nets. We will play at least 12 overs of left-arm spin. We need to play them well. We have a few left-handers in the line-up so they can combat the left-arm spinners. But for the right-handers too it is important to combat them. We may play left-arm spin throughout the innings,” said Taylor.

While the New Zealand skipper was looking forward to some success for his seamers as the nature of wickets in Sri Lanka has changed, he still believed that the spinners also have a big role in T20 cricket.

“I guess we will be looking to our seamers to have a big play in the tournament. Few of the players played SLPL (Sri Lanka Premier League) and had some success there. The boundaries here in Pallekele are a lot bigger than other grounds. Spinners will play a role because in Twenty20 cricket spinners do have a big part to play,” he observed.

Though the bowling took centre stage in the discussion, the fact is that the Pallekele pitches have produced better run-rates than the other two venues at the World Twenty20 and New Zealand have sweet memories as they amassed a 300-plus score against Pakistan in the World Cup here last year and won by 110 runs. The New Zealand skipper however did not want to dwell on memories.

“I have good memories of this ground. But that was in a different format of the game against a different country. It was also my birthday (when I played against Pakistan in the World Cup). My birthday is not any time soon, this is a different tournament where we need to start well,” said Taylor with a broad smile.

The Kiwi skipper was however excited with the fact that some of his key players are feeling better. Daniel Vettori, Tim Southee and Rob Nicol came to Kandy a day later than the rest of the team as the trio suffered stomach problems in Colombo while Kyle Mills, who was recovering from his collision with McCullum during the India T20, is expected to be fit too.

“We won't know until the end of training whether we will have the full quota of 15. Every couple of hours they are feeling a little better. The weather is bit colder so hopefully they can gain some energy and be available to play,” hoped Taylor.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=250599

Tiger444
September 20, 2012, 01:32 PM
So as we can see, if the grass is kept on the wicket, we'll most likely see Abul or Farhad in the place of Sunny. If they keep the grass on the wicket, conditions will definitely favor NZ more than us. Hopefully they'll end up shaving the grass so we won't be forced to play 3 pacers.

Also by the looks of things, it looks like a bat 1st wicket. So hopefully we win the toss, put up a decent total and then choke them with spin.

Another key is that since the ground is bigger then the other 2, milking singles will really be key and we cannot rely only on boundaries to win us tomorrow's game.

mehedi
September 20, 2012, 01:33 PM
Bismillah

May Allah help us to win tomorrow's match

Habib
September 20, 2012, 01:43 PM
I just pray that Abul doesn't mess things up. Wishful thinking I know.

raad007
September 20, 2012, 01:49 PM
Good luck to Bangladesh!

By the way, does the game start 4:00 am in US time?

mufi_02
September 20, 2012, 01:53 PM
good luck to bangladesh!

By the way, does the game start 4:00 am in us time?

6am EST

raad007
September 20, 2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks mufi 02.

Nafis 1718
September 20, 2012, 02:08 PM
In Sha Allah jitbo! :D

Tigers_eye
September 20, 2012, 02:09 PM
Time to contact the groundsmen to shave off the remaining grass.

Rabz
September 20, 2012, 02:11 PM
Bangladesh really need to win it for them and for all the weaker teams.
Zim and Ireland have been utterly dissapointing so far.
A win for Bangladesh will bring the twist in the tournament which has been business as usual so far.

mufi_02
September 20, 2012, 02:14 PM
^^ AFG came close surprisingly

mali007
September 20, 2012, 02:27 PM
Come here during Match time and you.should get many links.:)

Get JadooTV , PTV is telecasting live .

SS
September 20, 2012, 02:53 PM
the way AFG, Ire got thrashed, now I am not just sure what will happen to us..Shakib needs to become superman...hope he will do it when it matters the most and other chip in...our bowlers won't really make that much of a difference as either way if one bowls good other will leak runs...so 180 on the card..it's only the batters (someone has to have a go and atleast one score 70 and rest has to chip in to either score that big or chase it). If we bat first, we might either have good start and collapse on the middle end up scoring around 150, if we are chasing 180...then only Shakib like innings from few days ago can save us or take us closer to target.

zunaid_bd
September 20, 2012, 02:56 PM
Goodluck bangladesh !

nycpro96
September 20, 2012, 03:09 PM
Can someone from BC update Twitter at somewhat regular intervals tomorrow? I have school and the texts would be a great way to stay connected.

ialbd
September 20, 2012, 03:10 PM
Bismillah....

just realized its at 6 am EST... that means for me the preparation starts now .... (getting back home early, early dinner & early to bed)...

see you all then...

Nadim
September 20, 2012, 03:12 PM
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230476_411053435614514_2015646271_n.jpg

kalpurush
September 20, 2012, 03:18 PM
I am praying for not to rain tomorrow! I took day off from office just to watch the match - and it will be 3:00 am morning at my place when the match starts!!

Mother nature, you don't wanna mess with me!!

roman
September 20, 2012, 03:45 PM
Koto din por desh er khela Tao brishtyr chokh rangani. Dhett..

ialbd
September 20, 2012, 04:03 PM
http://www.worldweatheronline.com/cricket/Pallekele-Cricket-Stadium-Kandy-weather/LK.aspx

says Moderate to HEAVY shower for Friday Afternoon..... 8 overs a side khela hobe to?

mufi_02
September 20, 2012, 04:06 PM
Match er jonno already preparation niye felsi. Bashay jabo, ranna banna already shesh, khaiyai taratari ghum dibo. Shokal 6 tai khela. Fajr poira khela dekhte boshbo. Tokhon jodi shuni brishti taile pura badbuzz hoye jabe.

Max100
September 20, 2012, 06:16 PM
Cricinfo says , bd might play mashrafe, shafiul and abul together. I think its a bad idea. Whatever is condition, we cant afford to place 3 pacer in our team. Elias , razzaq, shakib trio should play to beat nz.

Max100
September 20, 2012, 06:18 PM
Match er jonno already preparation niye felsi. Bashay jabo, ranna banna already shesh, khaiyai taratari ghum dibo. Shokal 6 tai khela. Fajr poira khela dekhte boshbo. Tokhon jodi shuni brishti taile pura badbuzz hoye jabe.

Nice arrangement. Ki ranna korso?

Roni_uk
September 20, 2012, 06:45 PM
I will prob miss the match :(.... driving to some stupid forest with the kids!!!

hope everyone all the best!!

cricketboy
September 20, 2012, 07:24 PM
No matter how the condition and pitch is Bangladesh should play both Sunny and Razzak.

reyme
September 20, 2012, 07:48 PM
^^^^^Exactly!!! Sunny and Razzak must Play. Thats our strength!!!!!

Ajfar
September 20, 2012, 07:50 PM
No point playing an extra pacer, even if the condition is suitable for fast bowlers it won't make a difference with the kind of player have in our line up right now. I will be surprised if our fast bowlers don't go for more than 9 runs per over.

Maysun
September 20, 2012, 07:56 PM
Most likely it will be a shortened game.

reyme
September 20, 2012, 07:58 PM
We are now ranked #9 in all 3 formats.

Playing against #5 NZ. So we are the underdogs. NZ is a very strong T20 side.
Beating them is like beating IND, ENG and even AUS. I am serious.

reyme
September 20, 2012, 08:03 PM
Historiacally its the pacers that lost the close games for us. Like Shahadat in Asia Cup.
I really dont want to see 1 extra pacer who cant do anything with bat. I would rather play Big Z and let Zia be the 3rd pacer.

My Team:
Tam, Ash, Shak, Mush
Riyad, Nasir,
Zia, Mash (dont start and end bowling please)
Raz, Shaf, Sunny (Trump Card)

kiwibd
September 20, 2012, 08:44 PM
Couple of articles from a local nz paper if people are keen to read.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10835431

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10835511

Key quotes -
"The selection panel feel Franklin is the player to best meet the challenge with left-arm spin likely to occupy 12 overs of Bangladesh's bowling arsenal."

"We've got to be wary that Bangladesh have a strong left-arm spin attack and world-class batsmen in Shakib Al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal."

''James Franklin looks set to open the batting to counteract a different spin, the left-arm orthodox variety of Bangladeshi bowlers Shakib Al Hasan, Abdur Razzak and Elias Sunny. Al Hasan and Razzak troubled New Zealand when the teams last met in the 4-0 one-day international series rout by Bangladesh at home in late 2010.
New Zealand must win at least one of its World T20 pool matches to progress to the Super 8 stage. Pool D is being tipped as the toughest; New Zealand also meet Pakistan on Sunday night.''

NZ Media and players are giving Bangladesh a lot of respect finally, which is good to see!

Night_wolf
September 20, 2012, 09:13 PM
Shakib avg 50+ with the bat and 21 with the ball vs kiwis...in the oneday though,but shakib certainly enjoys playing with them

kiwibd
September 20, 2012, 09:18 PM
This might be negative, but just incast BD lose, people shouldn't lose heart and start hating, as long as they play positive cricket and try to do everything they can, thats all anyone can ask for. There has to be a loser so whoever plays the best cricket on the day will be the winners. For me personally, I feel both BD and NZ can beat PAK on their day, so all will not be lost with the result of this game.

Oh and weather will be 100% fine, trust me on that!

zinatf
September 20, 2012, 09:19 PM
Allah please let us win this today. Let there be NO hiccups.

Tiger444
September 20, 2012, 10:01 PM
This might be negative, but just incast BD lose, people shouldn't lose heart and start hating, as long as they play positive cricket and try to do everything they can, thats all anyone can ask for. There has to be a loser so whoever plays the best cricket on the day will be the winners. For me personally, I feel both BD and NZ can beat PAK on their day, so all will not be lost with the result of this game.

Good post. I'm just hoping we play good cricket. If we manage to fight till the end than I'll be a happy man. Overall, it should be a great game.

tiger_omar
September 20, 2012, 11:44 PM
For the Ontario viewers, will Sportsnet World show our game at 6:00 am live? I looked in the channel guide, and they didn't have Cricket for 6:00 am. I just got the channel today, have they played the other 6:00 am game live? Should I be concerned?!

cricman
September 20, 2012, 11:46 PM
Just went on Accuweather, the forecast doesn't look promising.

Split Points

cricbook
September 20, 2012, 11:46 PM
for the ontario viewers, will sportsnet world show our game at 6:00 am live? I looked in the channel guide, and they didn't have cricket for 6:00 am. I just got the channel today, have they played the other 6:00 am game live? Should i be concerned?!

6 am its usa time.....game will start in that time

cricbook
September 20, 2012, 11:49 PM
i just checked the weather report......they r showing sunny sign...:) so we r having a game...i m so happy now...allah help us.

Dilscoop
September 20, 2012, 11:51 PM
This is soooo dumb. Last couple of days games started at 7ish. Now it starts at 3! WTF! Not fair!

cricbook
September 20, 2012, 11:51 PM
Just went on Accuweather, the forecast doesn't look promising.

Split Points

i just checked sl weather report....they r showing sunny sign....what's going on? which one its true......man this rain panic is killing me...:waiting:

ononto
September 20, 2012, 11:53 PM

Its raining still ... possibility of a washout is eminent.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/lk/pallekele-kadawidiya/833194/weather-forecast/833194

cricbook
September 20, 2012, 11:54 PM
This is soooo dumb. Last couple of days games started at 7ish. Now it starts at 3! WTF! Not fair!

if we can go to the super 8......rain or no rain .....we don't have to care....

Zeeshan
September 20, 2012, 11:59 PM
Anyone saw Jeesh? May be he can tell us more about the weather?

cricman
September 21, 2012, 12:01 AM
2:42 Comment From Bob
Is it going to be a rain affected game? What's the forecast like?

2:46 Andrew Alderson:
Looking from the balcony (down beyond the monkeys swinging in the trees), the day has dawned fine in Kandy. Not sure of the exact forecast later but rain is still expected on some days. According to yesterday's tuk-tuk driver Samari, the monsoon came late this year so it is possible that it might affect the result this afternoon.

Took this from a Chat Room from the NZ Herald, Thats 2:46 NZ Time

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10835558

Isnaad
September 21, 2012, 12:45 AM
I'd say today's game has a 35-65 chance for BD and NZ resp.

i_1_primeval_man
September 21, 2012, 01:08 AM
Eshe porlam. Allah Malik.

tiger_omar
September 21, 2012, 01:11 AM
Took this from a Chat Room from the NZ Herald, Thats 2:46 NZ Time

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10835558

Now that's some serious research! Thanks Cricman bhai :)

Shehwar
September 21, 2012, 01:31 AM
Bismillah! Allah e jane aajke ki ase kopale.

tiger_omar
September 21, 2012, 01:33 AM
Ghoom ashe na :(

Isnaad
September 21, 2012, 01:43 AM

Move to Bangladesh :-p

mac
September 21, 2012, 01:46 AM
voy lage!

zinatf
September 21, 2012, 02:26 AM
:ohno::ohno:

cricheart
September 21, 2012, 02:48 AM
C'mon its just NZ.. Why peeps are so doubtful about the result!! Pakistan is what we should pray for most to make bleed good this time.

oronnya
September 21, 2012, 02:50 AM
amio ghumate parchhina... kaalke oneekk kaaj... dhur ghumano dorkar chhilo :( ... ei chhelegula khele r amra tention e mori chhata :hairpull: ... nijer exam thakleo mone hoina etto tension e thaki :-|

oronnya
September 21, 2012, 02:51 AM
C'mon its just NZ.. Why peeps are so doubtful about the result!! Pakistan is what we should pray for most to make bleed good this time.

And we are talking about Bangladesh cricket team right? just checking :)

nyferari
September 21, 2012, 02:53 AM
Ross Taylor ‏@RossLTaylor
Our 1st game of the T20 world cup vs Bangladesh in Kandy. Weather looks gd and at this stage we have 15 fit players to choose from :)

SOURCE: https://twitter.com/cricketicc?tw_i=247548987245215744&tw_e=screenname&tw_p=tweetembed

https://twitter.com/RossLTaylor

Night_wolf
September 21, 2012, 02:58 AM
voy lage!

ki mia aj class e asonai keno?..khela to 4 tay!..Sir aj 3-6 ta abar class nite chaisilo, khelar kotha bole onek koste bad disi!

tiger_omar
September 21, 2012, 02:59 AM
:joy: :joy: Weather looks pretty good actually... Check out this picture...

View from the Pallekele International Cricket Stadium media centre #wt20 http://twitpic.com/awsf91

http://twitpic.com/awsf91

tiger_omar
September 21, 2012, 03:01 AM
Ross Taylor ‏@RossLTaylor
Our 1st game of the T20 world cup vs Bangladesh in Kandy. Weather looks gd and at this stage we have 15 fit players to choose from :)

SOURCE: https://twitter.com/cricketicc?tw_i=247548987245215744&tw_e=screenname&tw_p=tweetembed

https://twitter.com/RossLTaylor

Thanks for that update btw :)

nyferari
September 21, 2012, 03:08 AM
You welcome_Tiger_Omar.....we all want a full match, been waiting for last 2 years !

fush_montor
September 21, 2012, 03:10 AM
... nijer exam thakleo mone hoina etto tension e thaki :-|

kal amar exam..r ajke khela..ebar bhaben amar tension kotokhani!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Naimul_Hd
September 21, 2012, 03:10 AM
Joto jai koro mamu, dhora tomra khabai :)

Captain Ross Taylor has confirmed James Franklin will open the batting for New Zealand in their World T20 cricket opener against Bangladesh tonight in Pallekele.

The selection panel feel Franklin is the player to best meet the challenge with left-arm spin likely to occupy 12 overs of Bangladesh's bowling arsenal.

Franklin, Martin Guptill and Brendon McCullum will be New Zealand's top three. After them the order will float from numbers four through to eight, depending on the circumstances.

Taylor could come in next but so could Jacob Oram with his strike rate of 143 the highest among the New Zealand recognised batsmen. Oram would be brought in if it is deemed another left-hander is required to break up the left-arm bowlers' rhythm breaking the ball away from right-hand batsmen.
Source (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10835511)

Rifat H
September 21, 2012, 03:15 AM
Just heard in Bangla vision news that sun is shining in Pallekelle at the moment and the reporter said there is little chance of rain today

zinatf
September 21, 2012, 03:15 AM
Auntie says, ahhare! Chhelegulo jani ki tensionei na ache...ke jane thikmoto khachcheo naki na! Ashraful ta bhalo korlei hoi...eidike Shoma-tao prai na khaoa daoa kore boshe ache khelar opekkhai...

RazabQ
September 21, 2012, 03:23 AM
kombol gaye, dui laptop niye prostut! aye Banglar damal chelera ... kiwi bodher shomoy elo

BD_TigerZ
September 21, 2012, 03:26 AM
HD Link of the game coming up shortly:

http://cricfree.tv/index.php

Hawk-Eye
September 21, 2012, 03:27 AM
NZ er khobor ase aj!

Maysun
September 21, 2012, 03:27 AM
Just heard in Bangla vision news that sun is shining in Pallekelle at the moment and the reporter said there is little chance of rain today

That is good news, hope it stays that way!

cricheart
September 21, 2012, 03:29 AM
Ross taylor saying at media conf. he will choose to bat first, if they win the toss although due to rain he couldn't examine the pitch properly.

Night_wolf
September 21, 2012, 03:30 AM
kombol gaye, dui laptop niye prostut! aye Banglar damal chelera ... kiwi bodher shomoy elo

2ta laptop keno?..aktay khela r aktay forum?

Nafis 1718
September 21, 2012, 03:33 AM
Brishti na holei hoe!
Hoping for the best! :D

Equinox
September 21, 2012, 03:34 AM
Cholo Bangladesh!

Night_wolf
September 21, 2012, 03:37 AM
all of our 5 wins vs NZ came in the month of October

mac
September 21, 2012, 03:37 AM
ki mia aj class e asonai keno?..khela to 4 tay!..Sir aj 3-6 ta abar class nite chaisilo, khelar kotha bole onek koste bad disi!

semester final chole...perar upor asi :p

BD_TigerZ
September 21, 2012, 03:38 AM
Better Link This one is Faster and Ahead of the other link:

http://www.stream2watch.me/live-tv/sky-sports-1-live-stream

Rabz
September 21, 2012, 03:45 AM
1.15 hours to go.
Can't wait.
Unfortunately, seems like I'll have to follow better part of the game via cricinfo.
My sis and b.i.l returning back to Denmark tonight and I have to go see them off at airport.
Talk about timing !!

RazabQ
September 21, 2012, 03:45 AM
2ta laptop keno?..aktay khela r aktay forum?you got it!

Zunaid
September 21, 2012, 03:46 AM

Bouer jonmodin - dinner-e nie jachhi. Churi churi korey ipad-e khela dekhbo.

Nafis 1718
September 21, 2012, 03:48 AM
any weather updates?

Zunaid
September 21, 2012, 03:51 AM
any weather updates?

Go to post #1. Click.

Nafis 1718
September 21, 2012, 03:52 AM
Go to post #1. Click.

Yasin.
September 21, 2012, 03:58 AM
Please please let it not be a curtailed game.

M.H.Rubel
September 21, 2012, 04:03 AM
Its tough day today. Crunch time. Need to win any how. They are ranked #5 we are nine. No matter go ahead boys.

Naimul_Hd
September 21, 2012, 04:11 AM
50 mins more !

Jadukor
Pumped up and nervous

RazabQ
ek kaaley amar bou amar shathey boshe khela dektho. Ekhon corporate hoye geche :(

kiwibd
September 21, 2012, 04:14 AM
My prediction is this, whoever out of these two pairings, score the more runs, that team will win --> Tamim/Shakib vs Taylor/Mcculum.

Jadukor
September 21, 2012, 04:16 AM

skyfire thaakte chinta ki. ami shob shomoi khela shuru hoar aage boli bou ke "tomar cricket knowledge khub valo"... dekhi at least adha ghonta ai proshongshata kaaje dei

kiwibd
September 21, 2012, 04:16 AM
Pumped up and nervous
You think youre nervous, Ive been brought up in NZ since i was 4, divided loyalties(not really, BD 90%) but like I want NZ to go through as well. Dream would be to have both BD and NZ to go through!

BANFAN
September 21, 2012, 04:18 AM
Small and occasional drops of rain here... Not a threat yet... Teams are warming up....

Naimul_Hd
Shunshan nirobota BC te !! Emoni nirobota je Keo jodi computer er opash theke paad o dey, tahole shobai shei paad er awaz o shunte parbe !!

Zunaid
ek kaaley amar bou amar shathey boshe khela dektho. Ekhon corporate hoye geche :(

Google always wins.

Isnaad
September 21, 2012, 04:19 AM
45 minutes seems to be so far away!

Jadukor
September 21, 2012, 04:23 AM
Shunshan nirobota BC te !! Emoni nirobota je Keo jodi computer er opash theke paad o dey, tahole shobai shei paad er awaz o shunte parbe !!

apne sure hoilen kivaabe?
:-|

simon
September 21, 2012, 04:25 AM
dhur,eto tenshon bhal lagena.
shejonnoi ami "tomake diye kichu hobena" spirit on kore dei, mone mone boli dhur jitbo na,eto tenshon koira ki labh?

Night_wolf
September 21, 2012, 04:25 AM

chorer mon police police!!

BD_TigerZ
September 21, 2012, 04:27 AM
http://cricpower.com/link3.php pitch report

Naimul_Hd
September 21, 2012, 04:28 AM

Ahem...na...ye maney....ami ashole rupok orthey bollam ar ki ? :D

hishpishal
September 21, 2012, 04:30 AM
sopcast er kono link ase bhaijanera please

BD_TigerZ
September 21, 2012, 04:32 AM
Bangladesh wins toss and chosen to bowl first.

Naimul_Hd
September 21, 2012, 04:33 AM
BD won the toss and elected to field :D

simon
September 21, 2012, 04:33 AM

bhai apni bod hoy 2007 er por khela dekha chaira disen , tai na?

shakibrulz
September 21, 2012, 04:34 AM
Good god, sure as hell hope Reza won't play today.

WorldCup11
September 21, 2012, 04:35 AM
Mushfiqur has won the toss and Bangladesh will bowl. I expect he wants to bowl when it's dry.

shakibrulz
September 21, 2012, 04:36 AM
Good decision, the only chance of them winning is by chasing. They won't defend anything, and would suck anyways setting totals. Whatever, good luck to them. Team?

Lutfulkhan
September 21, 2012, 04:36 AM

Just Google "stream live cricket".

LOL.

zinatf
September 21, 2012, 04:38 AM
Auntie says, aage bowling korbe? Haai Allah! Chhelegular shohay hou! Bhalo kore ball koro babara....

WorldCup11
September 21, 2012, 04:39 AM
Ross tailor kalke bollo toss e zitle age bat korbe, mushfique slpl experience theke bolsilo flood light e ball beshi move kore so toss zitle age batting nibe, tahole ekhon fielding nilo keno bristi ashbe vebe?

BD_TigerZ
September 21, 2012, 04:39 AM
Inshallah This one will be ours..Mcullums nd Taylors innings will choose our faith..

shakibrulz
September 21, 2012, 04:40 AM
Pretty much the same team, then.

Lutfulkhan
September 21, 2012, 04:41 AM
Mushfiqur has won the toss and Bangladesh will bowl. I expect he wants to bowl when it's dry.

Bhalo hoisey...Batting after Jumah in UK so wont hopefully have to miss much.

BD_TigerZ
September 21, 2012, 04:42 AM
no changes in our team..

hishpishal
September 21, 2012, 04:42 AM
bhai, sopcast er link ekhono shobcheye clear ashe.....baki shob website ekhono faul!

Nadim
September 21, 2012, 04:43 AM
Ross tailor kalke bollo toss e zitle age bat korbe, mushfique slpl experience theke bolsilo flood light e ball beshi move kore so toss zitle age batting nibe, tahole ekhon fielding nilo keno bristi ashbe vebe?

Its all about mind games...

Naimul_Hd
September 21, 2012, 04:44 AM
We should restrict them under 145-150 !

BD_TigerZ
September 21, 2012, 04:46 AM
Franklin will open to combat our left armers..

BD_TigerZ
September 21, 2012, 04:47 AM
Any hd links guys? watching a blurry 1 :(

Roni_uk
September 21, 2012, 04:48 AM
so the first hurdle won.... we are bowling

Naimul_Hd
September 21, 2012, 04:50 AM
10 mins !

Razi
September 21, 2012, 04:50 AM
Guys join us here, http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/chat/.

Roni_uk
September 21, 2012, 04:51 AM
some good links please?

simon
September 21, 2012, 04:51 AM
spinner ra click na korle amra gesi :doh:

Roni_uk
September 21, 2012, 04:53 AM
got it...

http://allcric.com/

chl 3 is the best

Naimul_Hd
September 21, 2012, 04:54 AM
Please Stand up !

National Anthem !!!

ialbd
stand for the anthem.....

Rabz
Bismillah.
Inshallah we will win the game.

Night_wolf
September 21, 2012, 04:55 AM
i always feel goosbumps listening to our national anthem, in the field/home where ever

Razi
September 21, 2012, 04:56 AM
Ah, what a feeling when national anthem is going on just before a match, I hope it inspires our players!

simon
September 21, 2012, 04:56 AM
ki bepar ,amader ta khali musical ar oder ta music+ bhocal ken?
khelum na :-P

lamisa
September 21, 2012, 04:57 AM
the players look so determined!

Wakidul
September 21, 2012, 04:58 AM
id just like to say..... COME ON BANGLADESH! DO THE NATION PROUD!

simon
September 21, 2012, 05:00 AM
jani ki hobe,fast bwler ra mair khabe ar tarpor spinner in

Night_wolf
September 21, 2012, 05:00 AM
Forget post count,join BC virtual stadium (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/chat/)

BanCricFan
September 21, 2012, 05:01 AM
salaam! salaam!

kordomacto akash, meghacchonno math :)

Wakidul
great start.

BD_TigerZ
dot ball to start

Mr.Cricket