PDA

View Full Version : WEATHER On Match Day _ WC T20

BANFAN
September 19, 2012, 08:13 AM
As I can see the weather on 21 Sep looks impossible for a match. Forecast says it's raining from Morning till night 2100... Anyone has a different prediction?

If the match gets washed out, we will have a 50-50 chance to make it to next stage by NRR, I guess, even if we don't beat Pak.

Purbasha T
September 19, 2012, 08:29 AM
Even if we don't beat Pak you mean?

Roni_uk
September 19, 2012, 08:30 AM
Oh good... we are good at 8 over matches than 20 over!!

BANFAN
September 19, 2012, 08:37 AM
Even if we don't beat Pak you mean?

If the match against NZ gets washed out and we share points. Is there any chance of replay at the group stage matches?? I'm not sure.

AsifTheManRahman
September 19, 2012, 11:14 AM
Not sure if I should pray for rain then hope we qualify on NRR so I can torture myself watching our sissies do what they do best - lose miserably for the entirety of the second round, or pray for no rain so that the torture is over in the group stages.

AsifTheManRahman
September 19, 2012, 11:19 AM
Meanwhile, auntie says: Thaak, khela na holei bhalo baba. Erokom guri guri brishti te khele amader chelera abar jor badhale tokhon kaam sharbe. Jodi shathe keu thakto taaw to dekhe shune rakhte parto...ekhon ora eto dure, shathe na ase ma, na ase bou.

:facepalm:

Rabz
September 19, 2012, 12:07 PM
If the points are shared and remains equal, team with higher rank will qualify.

Hence, if the game us washed out and both us and NZ point stay same, they will qualify for the next stage.

Rubu
September 19, 2012, 01:32 PM
If the points are shared and remains equal, team with higher rank will qualify.

Hence, if the game us washed out and both us and NZ point stay same, they will qualify for the next stage.
That basically means draw is same as lose. And we have a better chance of beating NZ than Pak.

Then again, I don't know how accurate the weather forecast for these regions are.

Rabz
September 19, 2012, 02:24 PM
^^ well, one more thing I may add,
If the game between us and NZ gets washed out and we both lose to Pakistan, than it comes down to NRR first, ie, who lost in a 'better way'.

If all the group matches are washed out, then the seeding comes into effect.

BANFAN
September 19, 2012, 03:33 PM
If the game between us and NZ gets washed out and we both lose to Pakistan, than it comes down to NRR first, ie, who lost in a 'better way'.

Now that makes better sense.. I was really scared with the first one. ... :) because, weather forecast is really bad out there on 21 Sep..

And despite all that... I'm Travelling to catch the match... Im at the airport right now...

akabir77
September 19, 2012, 03:38 PM
AsifTheManRahman (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=292) why sorry Toronto?

Mashfan
September 19, 2012, 03:47 PM
NO RAIN PLEASE - I and many BD fan's are waiting to watch the full match! Rain Rain Don't come near our GAME!

Maysun
September 19, 2012, 03:50 PM
AsifTheManRahman (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=292) why sorry Toronto?

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=1580828

cricheart
September 19, 2012, 04:41 PM
Oh good... we are good at 8 over matches than 20 over!!

oh yeah, 8 over matches are great to watch and stat will support BD as well! :) :ohno:

ashraful1
September 19, 2012, 04:45 PM
Please don't rain I took a day off 

cricbook
September 19, 2012, 10:27 PM
i dont like free drink.......so no rain expect for friday match....if we have to go to the 2nd round...we better beat nz......if we can, beat pakistan too...

Naimul_Hd
September 19, 2012, 10:33 PM
Yesterday's prediction was 'Scattered Thunderstorm' and we did not see single drop of rain.

So, i don't trust those weather prediction.

Nadim
September 20, 2012, 01:16 PM
So how is the weather looking tomorrow? Will bunk if it doesn't rain...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Tigers_eye
September 20, 2012, 02:16 PM
Harsey Toronto represent kortey jai'ye. Ami Kansas City chilam. dui nombori koirey, jochorami koiray amarey 3 nombor banaisey home field pai nai. Amar team'a Gayle, Shakib, Tamim, Amla, Keiswetter, Malinga boltey galey almost world 11. Janey jey parbey na shaddy deal koira.....

MohammedC
September 20, 2012, 02:20 PM
So how is the weather looking tomorrow? Will bunk if it doesn't rain...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Check out the NTV news clip on Banglacricket.com's FB page. Kiwis missed out on training session because of rain.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BanglaCricketcom/110639668975754?ref=hl

kalpurush
September 20, 2012, 03:25 PM

T20 indeed looks like a lotto!
If you are lucky - you win the match!!:o

cricheart
September 21, 2012, 07:03 AM
This thread really jinx our luck for rain... grrr

Night_wolf
September 21, 2012, 07:22 AM
Bristi kothay?? :mad:

BANFAN
September 21, 2012, 09:50 AM
All forecasts were so Bhua today... There was a short drizzle before the match started... But it went of very quickly... Bad luck for BD... And some people didn't want the rain, so their wishes were fulfilled ...:)