PDA

View Full Version : Match thread: Bangladesh A Team vs West Indies Four Day Match September 22, 2012 (9:30 AM BDT | 3:30 AM GMT) - September 25, 2012 (5:30 PM B

M.H.Rubel
September 20, 2012, 02:08 AM
Bangladesh A Team vs West Indies HP 2nd Four Day Match
September 22, 2012 (9:30 AM BDT | 3:30 AM GMT) - September 25, 2012 (5:30 PM BDT | 11:30 AM GMT)
Academy has failed now hoping better fight from the A team boys.
Regular update on:
1. http://www.tigercricket.com/
2.http://digicricket.marssil.com/

M.H.Rubel
September 20, 2012, 02:09 AM
Bangladesh A Team for the 4-day matches against the West Indies HP Squad

The Bangladesh A Team for the 4-day matches against touring West Indies High Performance Squad is as follows:
Roqibul Hasan (Captain)
Imrul Kayes (Vice Captain)
Shahriar Nafees
Nasiruddin Faruque
Anamul Haque
Mominul Haque
Naeem Islam
Farhad Hossain
Shahadat Hossain
Nazmul Hossain
Kamrul Islam Rabbi
Enamul Haque (Jr.)
Saqlain Sajib
Dhiman Ghosh

Sagicor HPC Squad 2012

Marlon Barclay – Trinidad & Tobago (LHB)

Jermaine Blackwood – Jamaica (RHB/Right Arm Off Spin)

Carlos Brathwaite – Barbados (RHB/Right Arm Fast Medium)

Yannic Cariah – Trinidad & Tobago (RHB/Right Arm Leg Spin)

Johnson Charles – St Lucia (RHB/WKT)

Sheldon Cotterell – Jamaica (RHB/Left Arm Fast)

Miguel Cummins – Barbados (LHB/Right Arm Fast)

Jason Dawes – Jamaica (RHB/Right Arm Fast)

Andre Fletcher – Grenada (RHB/WKT)

Dawnley Grant – St Vincent (RHB/Right Arm Fast)

Trevon Griffith – Guyana (LHB)

Kyle Hope – Barbados (RHB/Right Arm Off Spin)

Jahmar Hamilton – Anguilla (RHB/WKT)

Keddy Lesporis – St Lucia (RHB/Right Arm Off Spin)

Kjorn Ottley – Trinidad & Tobago (LHB/Left Arm Chinaman)

Jomel Warrican – Barbados (LHB/Left Arm Orthodox Spin)

M.H.Rubel
September 21, 2012, 12:27 PM
Match will start tomorrow but did not get any news anywhere about the match. My playing 11 :

Imrul Kayes
Shahriar Nafees
Anamul Haque
Rock
Mominul Haque
Naeem Islam
Dhiman
Shahadat Hossain
Nazmul Hossain
Enamul Haque (Jr.)
Saqlain Sajib

* I will miss Shohag in place of Saqlain.

Tiger444
September 21, 2012, 12:46 PM
^Saqlain's a very good bowler too bhai. I don't see us missing Shohag much. I'm mainly worried about our batting.

Gowza
September 21, 2012, 05:42 PM
batting will be tough with imrul, nafees and rock in the top 4.

MohammedC
September 21, 2012, 06:25 PM
[বাংলা]অনুশীলনে শাহাদাত হোসেনের বাউন্সারে আঘাত পেয়েছিলেন শাহরিয়ার নাফীস।[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-09-22/news/291681

Shahriar Nafis was struck by a Shahadat Hossain bouncer. Though Abir returned to practice the day after, it will be decided today whether he will be in starting line up or not. After the 4-day match. "A" Team will play 3 OD and 2 T-20 against Sagicor HP squad. All matches will be played in home of cricket SBNCS, Mirpur.

BengaliPagol
September 21, 2012, 07:15 PM
How many times has Shahadat hit someone on the head with a bouncer? I think we need to tally this up.

Tiger444
September 21, 2012, 07:22 PM
In that case, Faruque would probably come in for SN. Hope SN will be able to play

Gowza
September 21, 2012, 07:28 PM
^Saqlain's a very good bowler too bhai. I don't see us missing Shohag much. I'm mainly worried about our batting.

yeah i don't think we'll miss to much in quality with sajib in there instead of sohag but i think it's important to develop other types of spinners other than SLAs so we might not be missing much in this match but giving sohag more chances here could be more beneficial in the future for the national team being that he's an offie rather than an SLA and if we want our bench options to perform well from the get go we need to give them these experiences.

who would be closer to a national team birth? hard to say what the selectors are thinking but we have less off spinners around the national team so sohag for that reason could be quite close. sajib has to contend with shakib, sunny, enamul, shaker etc. sohag doesn't have many other of spinning brothers to get through.

Gowza
September 21, 2012, 07:29 PM
In that case, Faruque would probably come in for SN. Hope SN will be able to play

why wasn't SS picked? did well in the last match, done reasonably well domestically, not such a good u19 WC but must have found some form last match to get those runs. can't believe they are continuing with rock either, imrul gets in due to lack of opening depth (though SS should be there to) but we have a number of middle order talents worth giving experience to more than rock.

al Furqaan
September 21, 2012, 07:31 PM
Hope we bat first and bat BIG.

al Furqaan
September 21, 2012, 07:33 PM
why wasn't SS picked? did well in the last match, done reasonably well domestically, not such a good u19 WC but must have found some form last match to get those runs. can't believe they are continuing with rock either, imrul gets in due to lack of opening depth (though SS should be there to) but we have a number of middle order talents worth giving experience to more than rock.

Same reason Taskin wasn't picked. SS would walk into our Test side and Taskin probably would too but they are being developed and nurtured through Academy and then A side. My guess is they won't debut until 2014 at the earliest. Anamul, Mominul might pop up in the WI series. Asif is off the rader for now.

Gowza
September 21, 2012, 07:38 PM
Same reason Taskin wasn't picked. SS would walk into our Test side and Taskin probably would too but they are being developed and nurtured through Academy and then A side. My guess is they won't debut until 2014 at the earliest. Anamul, Mominul might pop up in the WI series. Asif is off the rader for now.

i'm fine with nurturing and developing, but i don't understand why a player can't play for the A team just because they're in the academy. if they warrant selection they should get it, from an experience stand point it would do them a world of good even if they don't do that well and that's an experience they can use to develop even more. a bit surprising how asif has been completely lost in the shuffle, probably due to his u19 WC campaign but still, it's just one tournament.

Tiger444
September 21, 2012, 07:40 PM

Probably they want SS to play more Academy matches and get trained by Mcinnes before he's brought in to the A team.

Gowza
September 21, 2012, 07:44 PM
Probably they want SS to play more Academy matches and get trained by Mcinnes before he's brought in to the A team.

no problem with that but as i said above i don't see any reason why he can't do both. A team matches don't come along very often so it wouldn't infringe to much on time in the academy.

Tiger444
September 21, 2012, 08:08 PM
no problem with that but as i said above i don't see any reason why he can't do both. A team matches don't come along very often so it wouldn't infringe to much on time in the academy.

Agreed. The likes of SN, Imrul, and Faruque have gotten chances already and haven't risen from the fringes. With a young quality top order batsman coming in, he could've gotten a chance.

WindieFan
September 21, 2012, 08:28 PM
Word is there's gonna be changes to the side that played the Bang academy, it's been confirmed that Warrican (left-arm spinner), Cotterrell (left-arm fast), Grant (right-arm fast) and Blackwood (middle order batsman who bowls off spin) will come into the side, who they replace is a mystery right now but i'd guess our team will be..

Fletcher
Griffith
Barcley
Hope
Lesporis
Blackwood
Hamilton (wk)
Brathwaite (c)
Cotterrell
Grant
Warrican

So the ones who could miss out are Ottley, Cariah, Permaul, Dawes and Cummins, would be a risk though considering Cariah and Permaul got 14 of the 19 wickets we took in the first match, but i guess they just wanna give some other players some experience which is what this tour is about at the end of the day, not totally sure Cariah won't play though, right now it's just speculation,

But if that team does play it's a well balanced side and the pace department would be vastly improved from the one that played the academy, Cotterrell is a very fast and hostile bowler, tall aswell, he's the one people are excited about so it will be interesting to see how he does, Grant hasn't played for his regional senior side yet due to suffering bad injuries for the last five years, but apparently at u19 level he was rated as highly as Roach, the story about him getting into the academy is quite interesting though because the rumours suggest he was used as a net bowler when Australia toured the caribbean earlier this year and he really roughed them up, Ottis Gibson saw it and his jaw dropped, so thats why he's with the academy now despite not playing a senior game yet for Winwards,

All in all i expect it to be a tough game and may the best team win, hopefuly there won't be any rain around this time because that cost us dearly in the last game.

Gowza
September 21, 2012, 08:32 PM
interested to see how cotterrell goes, heard about him over the last year or 2. if grant is touted as much as roach then good things are coming for the windies pace department.

Tiger444
September 21, 2012, 08:48 PM
Word is there's gonna be changes to the side that played the Bang academy, it's been confirmed that Warrican (left-arm spinner), Cotterrell (left-arm fast), Grant (right-arm fast) and Blackwood (middle order batsman who bowls off spin) will come into the side, who they replace is a mystery right now but i'd guess our team will be..

Fletcher
Griffith
Barcley
Hope
Lesporis
Blackwood
Hamilton (wk)
Brathwaite (c)
Cotterrell
Grant
Warrican

So the ones who could miss out are Ottley, Cariah, Permaul, Dawes and Cummins, would be a risk though considering Cariah and Permaul got 14 of the 19 wickets we took in the first match, but i guess they just wanna give some other players some experience which is what this tour is about at the end of the day, not totally sure Cariah won't play though, right now it's just speculation,

But if that team does play it's a well balanced side and the pace department would be vastly improved from the one that played the academy, Cotterrell is a very fast and hostile bowler, tall aswell, he's the one people are excited about so it will be interesting to see how he does, Grant hasn't played for his regional senior side yet due to suffering bad injuries for the last five years, but apparently at u19 level he was rated as highly as Roach, the story about him getting into the academy is quite interesting though because the rumours suggest he was used as a net bowler when Australia toured the caribbean earlier this year and he really roughed them up, Ottis Gibson saw it and his jaw dropped, so thats why he's with the academy now despite not playing a senior game yet for Winwards,

All in all i expect it to be a tough game and may the best team win, hopefuly there won't be any rain around this time because that cost us dearly in the last game.

Thanks for the update WindieFan. Looks like a good team you guys are putting out. Would be a very good test for our boys. Let the best team win.

Gowza
September 21, 2012, 11:06 PM
Bangladesh A batting first, imrul and nasiruddin are opening.

Gowza
September 21, 2012, 11:07 PM
cotterrell is in there for windies HP but i don't see grants name.

riajul
September 21, 2012, 11:13 PM
BD-A 7/0 (2 ov, Nasiruddin Faroque 2(4); Imrul Kayes 1(8)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Gowza
September 21, 2012, 11:15 PM
WI pacers are doing well, 3 maidens in the first 5 overs.

Gowza
September 21, 2012, 11:17 PM
dhiman isn't playing, anamul has the gloves, i think in this format anamul might be better off focusing on batting, dhiman is a great gloveman and a solid bat.

Gowza
September 21, 2012, 11:19 PM
brathwaite: 4 overs, 4 maidens. permaul starts with a maiden.

Gowza
September 21, 2012, 11:31 PM
imrul gone for 6, he's just not a good longer format player at this stage of his career. bowled by permaul.

Gowza
September 21, 2012, 11:42 PM
and the 2nd wicket has fallen. nasiruddin out to permaul for 16.

Gowza
September 21, 2012, 11:59 PM
the BD batsmen really need to work on their ability to score singles and two's.

al Furqaan
September 21, 2012, 11:59 PM
very Poor start...they absolutely cannot lose any more wickets for the next session and a half given that they lost two for virtually nothing...at this rate they will only score 45 in the session.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 12:01 AM
mominul yet to get off the mark.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 12:05 AM
good over from BD. a couple of singles and a boundary.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 12:09 AM
another good over BD, 8 coming off it, 2 boundaries. don't forget to take the singles boys.

al Furqaan
September 22, 2012, 12:11 AM
4 boundaries in the last 12 balls...need some singles although in longer version there are more gaps to get boudnaries in.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 12:13 AM
boundaries are good as long as they don't get carried away, singles are needed to relieve the pressure.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 12:14 AM
batsmen being able to take singles regularly also indicates that they're in and comfortable.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 12:24 AM
good over, 2 singles and a couple of runs to add.

al-Sagar
September 22, 2012, 12:25 AM
raqibul and mominul bulding .....

rock into the 20s now. rock has no excuses, in these games he needs to score big hundreds. thats the only wat he can force his way back into the main team. somebody who has the label of test players should score at least 150 in these games.

imrul and faruq got out early. mominul is doing a decent job with rock. to follow anamul, chokka naeem, forhad and the bowlers sharukh, nazmul, saqlain and enamul

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 12:27 AM
another good over, 5 runs from it.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 12:28 AM
raqibul and mominul bulding .....

rock into the 20s now. rock has no excuses, in these games he needs to score big hundreds. thats the only wat he can force his way back into the main team. somebody who has the label of test players should score at least 150 in these games.

imrul and faruq got out early. mominul is doing a decent job with rock. to follow anamul, chokka naeem, forhad and the bowlers sharukh, nazmul, saqlain and enamul

the same goes for imrul, they've both been given a lot of chances in the longer format, they have to score big at A team level to force the issue.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 12:32 AM
that was a big over, 12 runs from it including a 4 and a 6. both these guys are in now so they should form a good partnership.

al Furqaan
September 22, 2012, 12:37 AM
The last 7-8 overs must have gone for about 40 runs or so!

Session is even stevens at 82-2. But these guys need to bat for another session ideally to try and reach 180-2 by tea. But I'll take 160-3 at this stage.

al Furqaan
September 22, 2012, 12:39 AM
Mominul is consistenly score 30+ in almost every innings, this means he has some baseline talent, at the very least. I really want the two Haques to get their Test caps v WI this home season.

WindieFan
September 22, 2012, 01:09 AM
cotterrell is in there for windies HP but i don't see grants name.

Yeah i'm a little baffled about that to be honest considering the head coach said specifically that he would be playing HERE (http://wicricnews.com/blog/bigger-challenge-for-sagicor-hpc-says-coach-west) , i guess they decided late on that the pitch was more conducive to spin.

WindieFan
September 22, 2012, 01:13 AM
As for that first session, pretty disappointed by it, we started off so well and then let those two batsmen build a quick 50 partnership, Carlos Brathwaite seems to be just throwing spin at them instead of mixing it up a little!!, why not bowl one end pace and the other end spin? at least that would keep the bang batsmen on their toes,

Warrican's inexperience has been evident with those three overs he's bowled, and after a tight start the bowlers just gave away too many boundries, when they come out from lunch i wanna see Brathwaite and Cotterrell bowl a six over spell before the spinners come back, and give Blackwood some overs with his off-spin aswell, can't be any worse than Warrican right now.

At the moment if we can keep Bang under 300 i'd be very happy, can't see it though.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 01:20 AM
Mominul is consistenly score 30+ in almost every innings, this means he has some baseline talent, at the very least. I really want the two Haques to get their Test caps v WI this home season.

hopefully they both score a lot of runs this match and then they'll have a really good case to be selected.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 01:22 AM
As for that first session, pretty disappointed by it, we started off so well and then let those two batsmen build a quick 50 partnership, Carlos Brathwaite seems to be just throwing spin at them instead of mixing it up a little!!, why not bowl one end pace and the other end spin? at least that would keep the bang batsmen on their toes,

Warrican's inexperience has been evident with those three overs he's bowled, and after a tight start the bowlers just gave away too many boundries, when they come out from lunch i wanna see Brathwaite and Cotterrell bowl a six over spell before the spinners come back, and give Blackwood some overs with his off-spin aswell, can't be any worse than Warrican right now.

At the moment if we can keep Bang under 300 i'd be very happy, can't see it though.

yes a good start by your guys but then the banga's recovered well.

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 01:28 AM
That's the way, going on steadily! Keep this partnership going :clap:

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 01:30 AM
9 runs from that over, nearly at the 3 figure mark.

riajul
September 22, 2012, 01:32 AM
100's up ! BD-A 100/2 (36.4 ov, Rakibul Hasan 32(78); Mominul Haque 36(53);

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 01:33 AM
just when you think BD-A are going along nicely rock is runout.

al Furqaan
September 22, 2012, 01:33 AM
3rd wicket down...Rock is run out! terrible.

Anamul in now...hope these two can bat out the day.

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 01:34 AM
Raqibul out! :smh:

riajul
September 22, 2012, 01:34 AM
what a way to get out ! its terrible.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 01:36 AM
i really wish dhiman had played because if anamul gets a call up to the national team he'll be batting in the top 3, not much point of him keeping for the A team and batting at 6/7.

AsifTheManRahman
September 22, 2012, 01:39 AM
Same old story - can't run so dealing in boundaries, the moment a single comes along, gets himself run out after doing all the hard work settling in.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 01:40 AM
mominul moves to 40

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 01:41 AM
naeem off the mark with a boundary, he has a good FC record, good temperament for this form of the game, let's hope he sticks to it here.

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 01:44 AM
i really wish dhiman had played because if anamul gets a call up to the national team he'll be batting in the top 3, not much point of him keeping for the A team and batting at 6/7.

Also it would have been good had Anamul and Mominul were together at the crease, so they could develop a telepathic understanding before playing for the NT together in the future.

al Furqaan
September 22, 2012, 01:52 AM

They should have picked Dhiman as the WK. But I believe this Anamul's A team debut, afaik he's never played at this level before (despite being called up to the senior side for unofficial series and AC). So I guess they are batting him below the established A teamers (Naeem, Rock, and even Mominul who is playing his 3rd A team series now).

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 01:55 AM
They should have picked Dhiman as the WK. But I believe this Anamul's A team debut, afaik he's never played at this level before (despite being called up to the senior side for unofficial series and AC). So I guess they are batting him below the established A teamers (Naeem, Rock, and even Mominul who is playing his 3rd A team series now).

probably batting lower due to keeping wicket to.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 01:59 AM
mominul gets his 50, 79 balls.

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 02:00 AM
50 and out! :smh: :mad:

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 02:01 AM
eerrr then he gets out next ball. even though mominul got that 150, he still struggles to hit centuries.

WindieFan
Well Warrican gets his first wicket and it's the big fish!! Haque who just got his 50, score now 119/4 and i must say it's been a much better performance since lunch, the guys were building pressure with tight over after tight over and now they've got their rewards, we're right into the middle order now so things may get interesting.

Rifat H
Well done Mominul :clap: Now convert this to a century. As i say Mominul is gone !!

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 02:02 AM
50 and out! :smh: :mad:

did all the hard work, got the team in a decent position from a bad one and gives it away as soon as he gets his 50. need to stay focused, 50 is just a stepping stone to a bigger score.

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 02:02 AM
Never set their standards high, happy with the 50 and probably played a blind wild shot and got an edge. This attitude reminds me of the BD team in the early 00's, highly irritating.

We may probably end up scoring 250'ish.

Rifat H
September 22, 2012, 02:03 AM
He is the next Habibul Bashar of BD . Too many 40s and 50s !!

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 02:04 AM
Never set their standards high, happy with the 50 and probably played a blind wild shot and got an edge. This attitude reminds me of the BD team in the early 00's, highly irritating.

We may probably end up scoring 250'ish.

always been a problem with BD players, once they get their 50 they think they've done their job. until they change their attitude and start scoring more 100s they'll find it really difficult to consistently compete with the better teams.

Rifat H
September 22, 2012, 02:06 AM
Imrul, Naeem, Nafees ,Rok ader ar koto chance dea hobe !! Mominul, Anamul chara ar keu nei jara national team ar batsmen der pressure a rakhbe.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 02:07 AM
He is the next Habibul Bashar of BD . Too many 40s and 50s !!

he needs a proper FC run to get some experience in the format. he got that 150 for the A team and suddenly he was this big scoring batsmen when really he's been decent but like everyone else struggles to get the big score consistently. he's played 14 FC matches with 1 century and 4 half centuries. he's got talent and of recent he's been quite consistent but still lacking centuries. however i believe if mominul plays a full season or two of FC cricket he will get the experience he needs and become more consistent with scoring centuries.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 02:08 AM
WI-HP on top now, need a big partnership from naeem and anamul.

Rifat H
September 22, 2012, 02:12 AM
Naeem 5 from 30 balls. Will probably score around 20 from 100 balls and then will get out . He needs to understand singles and doubles are also equally important in test cricket . It means you are not allowing a bowler to settle in . Amon akta coach dorkar je ader saradin singles nea sekhabe !

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 02:17 AM
anamul starts his account with 2 runs.

Rifat H
September 22, 2012, 02:20 AM
he needs a proper FC run to get some experience in the format. he got that 150 for the A team and suddenly he was this big scoring batsmen when really he's been decent but like everyone else struggles to get the big score consistently. he's played 14 FC matches with 1 century and 4 half centuries. he's got talent and of recent he's been quite consistent but still lacking centuries. however i believe if mominul plays a full season or two of FC cricket he will get the experience he needs and become more consistent with scoring centuries.

That 150 was a real quality innings !! I remember it was a series dominated by bowlers and to play such a innings in WI against their A team was a very good effort. Even Indian A team batsmen performed terribly couple of months ago !! He is still very young . Hopefully he will learn that 50s are just not good enough and when you get there you must carry on for a big score

Rifat H
September 22, 2012, 02:29 AM
current partnership 4 from 51 balls . WI bowlers are in total control here

Rifat H
September 22, 2012, 02:34 AM
No run scored from last 27 balls

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 02:35 AM
I have to no idea what their plan is.. But this is suicidal, going at a SR of 10 :sick:

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 02:41 AM
anamul hits a 4

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 02:43 AM
another 4 for anamul.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 02:44 AM
all of a sudden anamul hits 3 4s in one over

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 02:45 AM
So what just happened? :o

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 02:48 AM
anamul just got out that's what happened

riajul
September 22, 2012, 02:49 AM
typical BD Batsman :)

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 02:49 AM
:lol: that was coming, to play like Imrul and Afridi at the same time :smh:

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 02:51 AM
farhad off the mark with a 4

WindieFan
September 22, 2012, 02:54 AM
yeah 143/5 and Warrican has done so well since lunch, Brathwaite was brave to turn to him again after he was hit all over the place before lunch, anyway Permaul has been giving away far too many boundry balls in his last three overs so i hope Brathwaite has enough sense to take him off now and give him a rest, why aren't the pacers bowling any overs? i really don't get it, is the pitch that flat that pace is worthless?

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 02:56 AM
warrican has done really well to pull back his econ rate, remember at one stage it was 6 now it's done to 2.03.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 02:59 AM
scoreboard is updating really slowly atm.

WindieFan
September 22, 2012, 03:05 AM
scoreboard is updating really slowly atm.

Yeah he's only young and he could have easily lost confidence but he's done very well indeed and pretty much dragged us back into this game single handidly with his maidens, pressure and vital wickets.

al Furqaan
September 22, 2012, 03:14 AM
poor showing here...I hope this is the end of the road for most of these A teamers. the India tour should have been it, but tried and tested failures like Imrul, Rock, Naeem keep getting selected for the A team just like Tushar and Rokon before.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 03:17 AM
poor showing here...I hope this is the end of the road for most of these A teamers. the India tour should have been it, but tried and tested failures like Imrul, Rock, Naeem keep getting selected for the A team just like Tushar and Rokon before.

yes, especially for imrul and raqibul. naeem is a more reasonable pick though he hasn't been taking his opportunities.

Rabz
September 22, 2012, 03:39 AM

Unfortunately, we will have to continue to shuffle this bunch of idiots simply cuz we don't have alternatives.

Who do you suggest would replace them ?

Rabz
September 22, 2012, 03:43 AM
Wow, just had a good look at the scorecard.
Naeem currently batting, 12 of 81 balls !!
He takes the whole stay in the crease to a new level.
Continuously leaving balls outside off stump will not do anyone any good.
Try take some singles, rotate the strike.

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 03:49 AM
I think they got the whole notion of "stay in the crease as long as you can" completely wrong :facepalm:

Going at a SR of 10-20 will not do the job, not only are you giving the momentum away completely to the bowling side, but you're not scoring and we know you'll give in soon and play a wild shot and get out! :smh:

Rabz
September 22, 2012, 04:04 AM
^^ Any good team will be more than happy to feed you balls outside the offstump all day long.
If you are a Bangladeshi batsman, you are going to kochafy at some point.

F6_Turbo
September 22, 2012, 04:08 AM
I think they got the whole notion of "stay in the crease as long as you can" completely wrong :facepalm:

Going at a SR of 10-20 will not do the job, not only are you giving the momentum away completely to the bowling side, but you're not scoring and we know you'll give in soon and play a wild shot and get out! :smh:

And that's been the problem in recent years...nothing in the middle. We're either trying to smack everything out of the ground, or blocking EVERYTHING.

Rabz
September 22, 2012, 04:13 AM
Great !
Another gone.
All wortheless.
SRK in.

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 04:38 AM
Same old, same old, meh. What a bunch of .. :sick:

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 04:44 AM
Naeem Islam's score reads 29*(132) (4x2,6x0) - SR 21.97
Imrul Kayes' score reads 6(41) (4x0,6x0) - SR 14.63

What's the point of playing such an innings at the start? Now with a collapse imminent, understandable! :smh:

Rabz
September 22, 2012, 04:47 AM
Well, at least Naeem is grinding it out when everyone else is falling all around him.
Making the WI HP bowlers look like Steyne and Morkel.

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 04:58 AM
Naeem is OUT

riajul
September 22, 2012, 04:58 AM
Last Batsman : Naeem Islam - 30 (139b,182m,2x4) CT. Andre Fletcher, Bowler : Sheldon Cotterrell

Rabz
September 22, 2012, 05:02 AM
So, all that hard work, gone for nothing.
He played out 23 overs for 30 runs.
:clap: for staying at the crease that long.

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 05:04 AM
Seems like we won't even get to 200 :lol:

M.H.Rubel
September 22, 2012, 05:15 AM
Really poor batting by A team. All the batsman got start but none utilize it.
Should bat whole day at least.

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 05:17 AM
Really poor batting by A team. All the batsman got start but none utilize it.
Should bat whole day at least.

They almost did that but they they forgot to score along the way :lol: ;)

M.H.Rubel
September 22, 2012, 05:17 AM
Seems like we won't even get to 200 :lol:

Right we are all out for 199.

Rabz
September 22, 2012, 05:21 AM
The idiots can't even score 200 on their own ground.

Maysun
September 22, 2012, 05:28 AM
The idiots can't even score 200 on their own ground.

This IS NOT a ground, this IS a minefield. :D

WindieFan
September 22, 2012, 05:30 AM
Well i did talk about how excited we are about Cotterrell but boy i didn't expect to see that from him today!! :notworthy: , in our regional competition he'd have some brilliant spells which would get the crowd on their feet, really fiery and pacey stuff, but often he wouldn't get as many wickets during that period that he deserved, but today i guess it all clicked for him, many see him as Roach's long term partner for the senior side so no need to be too harsh on the bang batsmen, they won't have faced someone as quick as this kid too often, and he's a lefty aswell which makes it even more akward,

Anyway bang really done well to recover after losing two quick wickets and i really felt they would post at least 300 in this innings, but after lunch our guys seemed to come out a different team and we struck early by getting a run out which no doubt gave our lot a boost in confidence, after that it was tight over after tight over and that always builds pressure no matter what level you're playing at, and that pressure lead to wickets in the end,

To be fair if Cotterrell never had his spell you might have got up to at least 260 but thats the way the game goes, someone can be inspired and your innings is over in a few overs,

Hope our guys can build a decent lead but i won't be holding my breath just yet!! :D .

Tigers_eye
September 22, 2012, 05:34 AM
So, all that hard work, gone for nothing.
He played out 23 overs for 30 runs.
:clap: for staying at the crease that long.
May be that is the difference between a draw and a loss? (playing out overs) A few more runs would have been better of course but cannot fault him for wanting to stay at the crease longer than the others in a 4 day match. May be that is the reason we are still 185 ahead instead of 125?

Tigers_eye
September 22, 2012, 05:42 AM
To be fair if Cotterrell ..
Thanks for compliment but no 'ifs' or 'buts' please. The batsmen failed at home. This is not a minefield either. Plus no excuse for short of experience. Most have played in big games representing BD. The temperament is not there.

hoodlum
September 22, 2012, 06:31 AM
Great (!) batting performance by the A team filled with Anamul,Naeem,Imrul,Rokibul

Mominul looks to be in good touch. Only he deserves to be tried in the national team. Rest are overhyped.

Tiger444
September 22, 2012, 07:57 AM
Still shows how our batsmen just don't have the mindset to play longer version matches. Their still either blocking, not rotating strike or hitting boundaries. Just shows how they probably didn't play enough longer version matches when they were younger and have the mindset of playing One Day matches. We can blame these players all we want, but we desperately need to schedule more longer version cricket at the school cricket level so that by the time these batsmen come in to the higher ranks, they can start having the right temperament.

shivfan
September 22, 2012, 08:42 AM
Cotterell with 4-15, and two wickets each for Permaul and Warrican...the spinners bowled a lot, which is what makes Cotterrell's returns so much more impressive. He only bowled 9.1 overs.

He has a slingy action, left-handed, and can generate a lot of skiddy pace. On the downside, because of his action, he doesn't have much variation, but more than makes up for it with the pace of his deliveries.

He's ideal for cleaning up the tail....

al Furqaan
September 22, 2012, 04:45 PM
Hmm seems we've sunk to a new low...first getting owned by no name Indian domestic bowlers, and now Cotterell takes 4-15 and he doesn't even have a cricinfo page!

Rifat
September 22, 2012, 05:40 PM
It is great to organize matches so we can clearly see the difference between who we really are and who we think we are....

Zeeshan
September 22, 2012, 05:45 PM
It is great to organize matches so we can clearly see the difference between who we really are and who we think we are....

Why not who we really are is actually who we think we are?

Rifat
September 22, 2012, 05:47 PM
Why not who we really are is actually who we think we are?

so you are saying that we think too low of ourselves?

Rifat
September 22, 2012, 05:51 PM
I don't know why am I being so negative? Alhamdulillah, last year I thought the boys did decent in West Indies(Mominul and some one else shared a 300 run partnership and we put up a good fight in all matches) in West Indies. at least we should up to play We have had some success in many areas recently, it's just that sometimes things don't go your way, we have to accept that and move on.

Gowza
September 22, 2012, 07:09 PM
Hmm seems we've sunk to a new low...first getting owned by no name Indian domestic bowlers, and now Cotterell takes 4-15 and he doesn't even have a cricinfo page!

tbf cotterrell is one WI fast bowler that they have high hopes for, former greats like andy roberts and curtly ambrose have spoken of him as to be a terrific prospect, so he might not have a cricinfo page but there must be something to his talent if he gets that sort of talk.

Nocturnal
September 22, 2012, 07:48 PM
No Play today!

BD A shot out for 199
Hartal postpones 2nd day

Sports Reporter
Bangladesh A were bowled out for 199 runs on the first day of the four-day game against the West Indies High Performance team yesterday, as the visitors took full advantage of the home side's inexperience against pace bowling. In reply, the West Indies side finished the day on 14 for no loss.
The match, being played at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, will witness an unusual break in proceedings as the second day of the four-day game has been postponed due to the countrywide hartal imposed by various Islamic Parties today. "Since we have two extra days after this match we thought it would be best to postpone today's play. We had a talk with the police and they said that they will not be able to provide adequate security for the players due to the hartal. We also talked to both the teams and the players agreed. Considering the circumstances, we decided not to take any risks," said BCB CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury.

The Daily Star - LINK (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=250821)

* Hartal - WiKi Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartal)

WindieFan
September 22, 2012, 08:43 PM
Cotterell with 4-15, and two wickets each for Permaul and Warrican...the spinners bowled a lot, which is what makes Cotterrell's returns so much more impressive. He only bowled 9.1 overs.

He has a slingy action, left-handed, and can generate a lot of skiddy pace. On the downside, because of his action, he doesn't have much variation, but more than makes up for it with the pace of his deliveries.

He's ideal for cleaning up the tail....

Don't agree with that accessment, having seen Cotterrell more than once his action isn't anywhere near as "slingy" as a Fidel Edwards or Malinga, so he's still capable of swinging the ball both ways, something i gather he's been working hard to perfect at the HPC, he also has good bouncers too, so to suggest he hasn't got variations just isn't true imo,

Anyway for those who ain't seen Cotterrell he takes wickets at 1:05 and 1:30 in THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcmQLO8_4_4) video.

WindieFan
September 22, 2012, 08:52 PM
tbf cotterrell is one WI fast bowler that they have high hopes for, former greats like andy roberts and curtly ambrose have spoken of him as to be a terrific prospect, so he might not have a cricinfo page but there must be something to his talent if he gets that sort of talk.

Of course he has a cricinfo page , HERE (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/495551.html) it is :D .

cricbook
September 22, 2012, 09:05 PM
batash lagse srilanka theke......tofat, ora akhane ....unara okhane.........egg omlet khasse.

SS
September 22, 2012, 10:23 PM
Haire Desh...Hortal and no play ....who will come again...protome WC ei dil chursilo akon hortal koira khela bondho....and we want to be world class!!! shala desh ta ar manush gula shobi gese...ken aei team re niya asha kori

al Furqaan
September 22, 2012, 11:31 PM
Of course he has a cricinfo page , HERE (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/495551.html) it is :D .

thanks, i couldn't find it when i googled his name.

shivfan
September 23, 2012, 03:19 AM
Is it raining now?

M.H.Rubel
September 23, 2012, 12:32 PM
I am just astonished what type of batting Naeem is doing. In last match he scored 30 from 139 balls. Test crickets is matter of survive in extreme conditions but you ll have to score runs. Naeem is getting too much bogged down. But you ll have to score runs.

M.H.Rubel
September 23, 2012, 12:34 PM
Is it raining now?

There was a mutual break in todays match due to some unavoidable conditions.Tomorrow will be day 2.

Saifulsohel
September 23, 2012, 01:17 PM
I am just astonished what type of batting Naeem is doing. In last match he scored 30 from 139 balls. Test crickets is matter of survive in extreme conditions but you ll have to score runs. Naeem is getting too much bogged down. But you ll have to score runs.

what's wrong with it? He tried to stay.

BANFAN
September 23, 2012, 03:36 PM
There must be some serious problem in our elementary level cricket... We lack the basics of the game...in batting, bowling and fielding..we lack basics in every department.

al Furqaan
September 24, 2012, 02:00 AM
Good to see the fightback here...with the hartal I totally got thrown off and forgot play resumes today. From 80-1, WI HP have collapsed to 116-7...definitely need to get them for under 150 and secure a 50 run lead or so.

WTG for Enamul (and Saqlain) 4-36 for Enam so far and he's been the most economical of the lot.

Gowza
September 24, 2012, 02:05 AM
wow enam is really making a statement to selectors, sunny is going to have to bowl well to keep his spot in the test side.

al Furqaan
September 24, 2012, 02:07 AM
142-9 now...Enam 6-44

al Furqaan
September 24, 2012, 02:08 AM
wow enam is really making a statement to selectors, sunny is going to have to bowl well to keep his spot in the test side.

Well with Rajib spearheading our pace attack, I have no qualms playing 3 SLAs in tests even on the greenest surfaces.

al Furqaan
September 24, 2012, 02:23 AM
7 for Enam!

147 all out...BCB A take a significant 52 run lead the pitch seems to be a tough one...hope we can score 300 in the 2nd innings.

Gowza
September 24, 2012, 02:26 AM
Well with Rajib spearheading our pace attack, I have no qualms playing 3 SLAs in tests even on the greenest surfaces.

yes well it could be the better option actually.

Gowza
September 24, 2012, 02:29 AM
come on boys build this lead.

Jadukor
September 24, 2012, 03:05 AM
If Rokibul scores a century here he might find a way back to the Test team

Maysun
September 24, 2012, 03:15 AM
Even in this match, Shahadat is a waste of a space, not utilized so far.

Rabz
September 24, 2012, 03:28 AM
:clap: Enamul.
Superb bowling. He has been consistent with his form lately and produced a gem to give the A team a lead.

He has confirmed his test return this November.

Naimul_Hd
September 24, 2012, 03:46 AM
Great comeback !! Target of 280+ will be good enough on this pitch.

shivfan
September 24, 2012, 03:51 AM
There was a mutual break in todays match due to some unavoidable conditions.Tomorrow will be day 2.

Thanks for that...it's good to know it's still a four-day game. COngrats to Haque on his seven-fer!
:clap:
I always felt that the lack of experience in the batting would be shown up when the HPC played the A team. As expected, the most experienced batsman, Fletcher, topscored with 51, but the rest of the batsmen folded like a pack of cards. Hope found it a totally different prospect batting against the A team, as opposed to the Academy team.

Gowza
September 24, 2012, 04:05 AM
mominul moves to 27 strike rate 128, a six and 2 fours in the last over.

al Furqaan
September 24, 2012, 04:06 AM
Mominul just took 14 runs off the 17 over...he needs to score a big one. I'm becoming pretty impressed he is being very consistent albeit not scoring big (150 against WI A not withstanding).

Hope Anamul scores some too although its tough batting down the order but all the more reason to stay not out. Effectively 109-2. Need to keep going as there is plenty of time in this match still.

al Furqaan
September 24, 2012, 04:07 AM
Thanks for that...it's good to know it's still a four-day game. COngrats to Haque on his seven-fer!
:clap:
I always felt that the lack of experience in the batting would be shown up when the HPC played the A team. As expected, the most experienced batsman, Fletcher, topscored with 51, but the rest of the batsmen folded like a pack of cards. Hope found it a totally different prospect batting against the A team, as opposed to the Academy team.

The quality of pace between Academy and A team isn't that different. But I guess the quality of spin is quite a bit different here.

al Furqaan
September 24, 2012, 04:08 AM
And as I post...Mominul is OUT!

Gowza
September 24, 2012, 04:10 AM
mominul gone, what was he thinking.

Rabz
September 24, 2012, 04:12 AM
^^ I was gonna post that line !

He probably thought this is T20 world cup !!

Rabz
September 24, 2012, 04:22 AM
We have Rokibul and Naeem on the crease.
Not to worry fellows, the wicket will be in tact but we might not score anything more than 10 runs in next hour and half.

shivfan
September 24, 2012, 04:30 AM
What target would the Bangladesh A team feel happy to defend?

Gowza
September 24, 2012, 04:33 AM
What target would the Bangladesh A team feel happy to defend?

as big as possible. but to be more specific, in the first innings neither team crossed 200 so i would say if they could get a lead of 250 they'd be happy, but 300+ would be much safer.

shivfan
September 24, 2012, 04:35 AM
I think so too, Gowza....

By the way, is this a FC match?

Night_wolf
September 24, 2012, 05:16 AM
lol chokka naeem 65 ball e 3 run

Gowza
September 24, 2012, 05:19 AM
naeem use to be able to hit boundaries what happened?

Nadim
September 24, 2012, 05:33 AM
lol chokka naeem 65 ball e 3 run

He was on 3 off 5...then played out 65+ dot balls
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

MohammedC
September 24, 2012, 05:57 AM
I think so too, Gowza....

By the way, is this a FC match?

No this wont be classed as FC match because of Sagicor HP is an academy team.

MohammedC
September 24, 2012, 06:02 AM
^^ I was gonna post that line !

He probably thought this is T20 world cup !!

Few BCB members made comment on the way our batsmen got out playing rush shot in first innings........

We have Rokibul and Naeem on the crease.
Not to worry fellows, the wicket will be in tact but we might not score anything more than 10 runs in next hour and half.

Now Rokibul and Naeem showing them how to "Block" Block" Block"

But why cant they take risk free singles. :-/:-/ Don't they know how to ?

M.H.Rubel
September 24, 2012, 12:04 PM
what's wrong with it? He tried to stay.

He is trying to stay in the crease that's very good but the problem is he is not trying to score runs and he is getting out at 20s or 30s . Unless he score runs how can i say those are good innings?

M.H.Rubel
September 24, 2012, 12:21 PM
Bangladesh A finished day two of their four-day match against the West Indies High Performance Centre team 140 runs ahead on Monday.
By close of play at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur, the national second string team were 88-3 in their second innings with skipper Raqibul Hasan unbeaten on 21 and Naeem Islam 13 not out.
Resuming their first innings on 14 without loss, the tourists were found wanting against the guile of left-arm spinner Enamul Haque Jr, who picked up a fantastic haul of seven for 45.
They were dismissed for 147 in 43.5 overs
Full news
http://cricket.bdnews24.com/details.php?cid=26&id=232984

al Furqaan
September 24, 2012, 02:58 PM
at the rate these guys are batting they will have to bat the entire day just score another 100 runs, leaving just 3 sessions to try and get 10 wickets. terrible batting strategy snatching a draw from the jaws of victory!

MohammedC
September 24, 2012, 03:57 PM
at the rate these guys are batting they will have to bat the entire day just score another 100 runs, leaving just 3 sessions to try and get 10 wickets. terrible batting strategy snatching a draw from the jaws of victory!

I think they will bat till lunch for another 50 to 70 runs without loosing any wicket. Then accelerated after lunch and declare before Tea with 280+ runs lead.

scoilaheez
September 24, 2012, 07:48 PM
In theory I dont mind the defensive showing. But in reality, if you are a batsmen who has had to play 60 dot balls, it shows that you cant rotate the strike that well and have been bogged down. Good on them for not throwing it away following that.

But mominul scored at 27 off 26, the best batsmen tend to score at a higher rate. Hope Anamul comes in and gets good support, not liking how he is batting so low in the order.

Jadukor
September 24, 2012, 09:44 PM
The scoring rate of Naeem would have been acceptable back in the days of Gavaskar or Boycott but not in present day cricket. As an experienced international player who has played against world's top bowlers, he is not supposed to get bogged down like this Against academy bowlers and crawl to a decent score. Test cricket is played at a much faster pace now which is good for the game because it allows bowlers to have 3-4 sessions to bowl opposition out.

Rifat
September 24, 2012, 09:52 PM
I think they will bat till lunch for another 50 to 70 runs without loosing any wicket. Then accelerated after lunch and declare before Tea with 280+ runs lead.

sounds like a good plan, in theory at least.

WindieFan
September 24, 2012, 10:38 PM
Well what can i say? terrible batting performances from our lads, and i think the lack of experience in the top six reared it's ugly head, Fletcher has played the most Fc games out of that lot and managed to get himself a 50, but the others just flopped badly, for some reason the second most experienced batter in the squad (Lesporis) or got 97 in the last game isn't playing, so that put the pressure on Kyle Hope to perform again and it just didn't turn out that way,

Also Barcley and Blackwood haven't got a lot of Fc experience, so coming up against a bloke who has taken a 10fer in test cricket was always gonna be a tough task, Cariah in the top six too has been poor,

The bowlers done ok but i'd have liked to have seen a few more wickets before close, they did bog down the two batters big time though, at one point there was four or five maidens in a row, and with the lead only being 140 anything can happen now, three quick wickets for 20 runs and suddenly it's a different ball game, this first session today could be key to the whole game i think.

al Furqaan
September 24, 2012, 10:45 PM
Rock hits a 6 this morning! 100 up.

103-3

al Furqaan
September 24, 2012, 10:57 PM
23 runs in 8 overs this morning...taking odd singles here and there now.

al Furqaan
September 24, 2012, 10:58 PM
partnership now worth 54

WindieFan
September 24, 2012, 11:06 PM
Permaul strikes and it's 117/4 , Hasan goes for 35, really when i look at the bowling figures it's quite clear who the senior guys are, Warrican and Cariah have barely played FC cricket and it's shown while Permaul who is a star for our A-team aswell as Guyana has been tight and has got some vital wickets, lets see what happens now we've made the breakthrough.

al Furqaan
September 24, 2012, 11:11 PM
Anamul off the mark with a 4...

al Furqaan
September 24, 2012, 11:19 PM
Naeem with back to back 4s now

al Furqaan
September 24, 2012, 11:33 PM
132-4 at drinks...lead of 184

need to get a total of 250 and a lead of 300 to be safe

WindieFan
September 24, 2012, 11:46 PM
Brathwaite strikes!!.. good to see the captain take some responsibility!!..(unlike our current one in the test team lol) and it's paid off, him and Permaul are the two most senior bowlers and like i said it's showing in this game, looks like we're close to the tail now so lets see what happens.

score 134/5

Naimul_Hd
September 24, 2012, 11:48 PM
Sensing a collapse here !

Need to score quickly now. Lead is only 186 with 5 wickets in hand.

Rifat H
September 25, 2012, 12:13 AM
Need to take the lead close to 250 at least

WindieFan
September 25, 2012, 01:06 AM
six down at lunch!!.. permaul got another one and the score is 149/6

Good session for us tbh, 61/3 is probably as good as we could have hoped for, now they are gonna have to fight hard to clean up the tail quick, new ball due in four overs so expect another burst from cotterrell shortly.

al Furqaan
September 25, 2012, 01:18 AM
hopefully they can get a lead of 250 and defend it. all the time in the world for a result here.

WindieFan
September 25, 2012, 01:24 AM
hopefully they can get a lead of 250 and defend it. all the time in the world for a result here.

It all depends on Fletcher and Hope really, if they are in the mood then i doubt 250 would be that daunting, they go quickly though then even 200 might be a tough task :D .

Naimul_Hd
September 25, 2012, 01:36 AM
7 down now.
150/7

Why can't we play sensible innings ? Either we slog at every single ball or block every f single ball. Is it too hard to rotate your strike ? Who says to hit boundary when you can take single run now and then.

WindieFan
September 25, 2012, 01:43 AM
152/7 now Permaul strikes straight after lunch and thats his fourth wicket now.

SS
September 25, 2012, 01:55 AM
boro bhai der moto pati gula akon collapse kortase...ki ar korar....tara tari khela shesh koira biriyani khaibo ar Shahadat Shahrukh Khan er movie dekbo

al Furqaan
September 25, 2012, 02:02 AM
It all depends on Fletcher and Hope really, if they are in the mood then i doubt 250 would be that daunting, they go quickly though then even 200 might be a tough task :D .

this pitch seems to be a tough one to bat on. hard to tell though.

al Furqaan
September 25, 2012, 02:11 AM
Enamul adding some valuable runs here.

Rifat
September 25, 2012, 02:18 AM
Enamul adding some valuable runs here.

he did decent in BPL and here too, we might see him in national colors soon....:)

Sohel
September 25, 2012, 02:25 AM
WARNING: Too much exposure to this type of batters and their alleged batting will make you hate the game.

al Furqaan
September 25, 2012, 02:31 AM
target is 239

Naimul_Hd
September 25, 2012, 02:35 AM
Ki labh hoilo snail type batting kore ???

WindieFan
September 25, 2012, 02:37 AM
Well Cotterrell came back on and done exactly what i felt he could do, took the new ball and claimed two vital wickets in one over again, then Warrican finished it off, Bang 186 all out, must say it's a very good fight back from the lads after going 35 overs without a wickets towards the end of play yesterday and at 88/3 bang were on target for a big score, but they've gone and took 98/7 today which is more than decent,

So the chase is 238 to win, gives us a chance and gives Bang something decent to defend, i'm not that confident considering what happened in the first innings but like i said if Hope and Fletcher turn it on i think we'll get there, but we'll need the likes of Barcley and Blackwood to chip in with some 30s at least,

Really this match reminds me of the A-game we played against your team late last year HERE (http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/381/381123.html) , a certain Sunil Narine made his A-team debut after stunning performances at the champions league and in our one day competition, also Shannon Gabriel was playing who is another prospect that has gone on to play for the test team.

Sohel
September 25, 2012, 02:47 AM
Ki labh hoilo snail type batting kore ???

Conventional wisdom suggests that if you manage to stay on the wicket, the runs will come. Those wise men and women however, never considered "international players" like Rokibul, Nayeem and of course, Mohammad Nazimuddin, not to mention great "test class" batsmen like Khondokar Mohammad Rajin Saleh Alam before them or similarly gifted guys like Myshukur Rahman Riyal to come in the not too distant future.

These voluntarily sightless guys actually premeditate blocks irrespective of the type of delivery, get bogged down and then before inevitably getting out themselves, get at least 2 of their partners out. Putting runs on the board is a concept they're way too brilliant to understand. To them, cricket isn't a sport where runs matter, but about their own survival through perception management amongst those powerful BCB men with similar awareness of cricket.

Naimul_Hd
September 25, 2012, 03:03 AM
These voluntarily sightless guys actually premeditate blocks irrespective of the type of delivery, get bogged down and then before inevitably getting out themselves, get at least 2 of their partners out. Putting runs on the board is a concept they're way too brilliant to understand. To them, cricket isn't a sport where runs matter, but about their own survival through perception management amongst those powerful BCB men with
similar awareness of cricket.

:up::up::up:

al Furqaan
September 25, 2012, 03:06 AM
Nazmul being too expensive...we don't have many runs on the board to defend we should bring Saqlain on.

Sohel
September 25, 2012, 03:11 AM
There's a great chance we'll lose this unless Enam does something amazing again.

al Furqaan
September 25, 2012, 03:22 AM
There's a great chance we'll lose this unless Enam does something amazing again.

looks the pitch is a typical spin friendly one (or the WI can't play quality spin). it appeared all of Enam's first innings wickets came from catches by the bat-pad men.

shivfan
September 25, 2012, 03:36 AM
Well done to Permaul, taking 4-44 to dismiss the Bangla A team for 186, with two wickets each for Cotterrell, Carlos and Warrican....

I have no doubts about the bowlers on this side - some of them are already world-class. But the batting looks very brittle, and a serious reflection of the West Indies over the past decade. Chasing a difficult target of 239, they've already lost the wicket of Griffith for one....

al Furqaan
September 25, 2012, 04:02 AM
Saqlain gets the danger man Fletcher with a wicket maiden...202 needed still.

Time for the SLAs to get into business.

Roni_uk
September 25, 2012, 05:30 AM
Where are you guys following this match?

M.H.Rubel
September 25, 2012, 05:36 AM
Good game going on.
W I H P 114/4 to a target of 239.

Rabz
September 25, 2012, 05:37 AM

http://digicricket.marssil.com/match/MatchData.aspx?op=1&match=296

113/5.
BD A closing in.

M.H.Rubel
September 25, 2012, 05:38 AM
http://www.tigercricket.com/match/details/497.html

shivfan
September 25, 2012, 05:44 AM
Carlos out for a duck....

It's looking really grim with the team on 113-6 now. Only Hope with 52 offering any resistance, as Barclay made 32, but failed to push on.

Rifat H
September 25, 2012, 06:35 AM
BD A in very good position to win. Lol ! SRK has gone for 1.80 runs per over . Ato valo econ. rate unar sathe thik jay na

WarWolf
September 25, 2012, 06:46 AM
Bangladesh A is favorite to win this one.

Naimul_Hd
September 25, 2012, 06:53 AM
Lets start Bring Back List:

Shahadat Hossain urfe SRK
Enamul Haque Jr
Naeem Islam

hoodlum
September 25, 2012, 07:01 AM
Finally a win is around the corner.

WindieFan
September 25, 2012, 07:03 AM
Well done to Bang for fighting back after Barcley and Hope had built a threatening partnership, but it was the same old thing really, i did say it was down to Hope and Fletcher because the rest are just rookies in the main with not much Fc experience at all, if Lesporis was in the team i think our chances would have been much better because Blackwood coming in at four is an utter disaster,

to have any chance we're gonna need these two at the crease to put on at the very minimum 60 runs tomorrow, after that it will be up to Permaul who is a very decent batter i must say, at the end of the day though the key of these games is to identify at least one or two players that can realistically step up to the A-team level and then test level, and i think in Hope, Permaul and Cotterrell we may have found them, and thats the most important thing at the end of the day.

M.H.Rubel
September 25, 2012, 12:54 PM
Dhaka, Sep 24 (bdnews24.com) – The West Indies High Performance Centre team were 120-6 in their second innings, chasing 239 runs for victory against Bangladesh A at the end of play on Day 3 on Tuesday.
The visitors require 119 more runs to win, after Bangladesh A were dismissed for 186 runs, on the penultimate day at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.
Permaul Verasammy picked up four
Detail
http://cricket.bdnews24.com/details.php?cid=26&id=233065

Rifat
September 25, 2012, 02:09 PM
we have a habit of succumbing to defeat from the hands of victory, let's see what happens....:-|

mij
September 25, 2012, 04:50 PM
we have a habit of succumbing to defeat from the hands of victory, let's see what happens....:-|

:up:

Nothing is safe for Bangladesh, only team can manage to lose from any position.

al Furqaan
September 25, 2012, 11:49 PM
Enamul mopping up the tail here...WI HPC are 9 down and trail by 53.

Hamilton on 46* though...can he mastermind an epic come back?

al Furqaan
September 25, 2012, 11:50 PM
that also makes 10 wickets in the match for Enamul!

al Furqaan
September 26, 2012, 12:13 AM
And BD A wraps up a comfy 52 run win in match where no one crossed 200!

5 for Saqlain and 10 for Enam...bravo!

Rifat H
September 26, 2012, 12:59 AM
And BD A wraps up a comfy 52 run win in match where no one crossed 200!

5 for Saqlain and 10 for Enam...bravo!

Left arm spinners der aishob bowling figure dekhe ar excited hoa kosto. Aishob low pitch a khelei amader National team ar spinner ra nijeder world class vabe. Kintu aktu valo pitch a gele ader kono ostitto thake na .

riankhan
September 26, 2012, 01:16 AM
Feels like a left arm win :(

Unfortunately, most of us in Bangladesh only know two ways of utilizing their left hands, to spin the ball, and as a washing tool in the toilet

Happy for Enam, and BD A :)

Naimul_Hd
September 26, 2012, 01:24 AM
Left arm spinners der aishob bowling figure dekhe ar excited hoa kosto. Aishob low pitch a khelei amader National team ar spinner ra nijeder world class vabe. Kintu aktu valo pitch a gele ader kono ostitto thake na .

Exactly.

Playing on slow and low turning pitch and taking tons of wickets is only doing bad for ourselves. It gives a false hope to our spinners that they are world class when we see the same bowlers often struggle to spin the ball on good bouncy track and get beaten handsomely.

We badly need to change our tracks. Just to win a match in home soil, we are doing harm to our young bowlers in the long run by making slow and low track. If we don't change our approach, i am afraid, we have to bear the torture in foreign land for a long time.

Rifat H
September 26, 2012, 01:38 AM
WI HP unit should be very happy with their bowling effort. Their fast bowlers able to dismiss the opposition 2 times under 200 in a unfriendly fast bowling condition. Our fast bowlers took only 1 wicket in two innings. This shows their fast bowling has some quality. And we all know Mirpur pitch is quite slow and low and WI does not play spin that well. So i would have rather happy with the win if our fast bowlers could take at least 10 out of those 20 wickets. Anyway well done Enam.

shivfan
September 26, 2012, 02:18 AM
Congrats to Bang A for outplaying the HPC....

It didn't last long on today's fourth day....HPC bowled out for 186, Hamilton surprisingly hitting 47 not out.

While some of our bowlers look good, our batsmen are just not ready. Fletcher's not ready for a return to the senior team ranks, and he's head and shoulders above the other batsmen in the side. Sadly, batsmanship is the biggest blight in the West Indies right now. The cupboard is a bit bare....

MohammedC
September 26, 2012, 02:39 AM
Scorecard:

http://digicricket.marssil.com/match/MatchData.aspx?op=2&match=296

Remaining fixture

3 One Day (50 over)

Fri Sep 28
09:00 local | 03:00 GMT
Bangladesh A v Sagicor High Performance Centre
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Sun Sep 30

Tue Oct 2

2 Twenty-20

Thu Oct 4
12:30 local | 06:30 GMT

Fri Oct 5
12:30 local | 06:30 GMT

SS
September 26, 2012, 04:30 AM
congrats for the win but it goes more towards Enam and Sajib...but they are SLAs...we have to stop thinking one-dimensional and have to have varieties...ki luv hoibo SLA domination dia...look at the pacers...why they can't get wickets ...may be the pitch but WI bowlers got wickets probably our batsmen sucked...we are just staying same...no improvements to the area that we really need improvement

Rifat
September 26, 2012, 06:32 AM
Feels like a left arm win :(

Unfortunately, most of us in Bangladesh only know two ways of utilizing their left hands, to spin the ball, and as a washing tool in the toilet

Happy for Enam, and BD A :)

:floor: :floor: subhanAllah that's very funny :)

bujhee kom
September 26, 2012, 03:55 PM
Mashallah, Allah be praised! Good job BD win winning! Muchos Congratas!

But this is not West Indies Main team...this is their high-performance team, academy team, right?

ialbd
September 26, 2012, 08:17 PM
these prothom alo captions always cracks me up....

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg805/scaled.php?server=805&filename=b22n.jpg&res=landing