PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread - ICC World Twenty20, 4th Match, Group C: South Africa v Zimbabwe at Hambantota, Sep 20, 2012

Roni_uk
September 20, 2012, 07:46 AM
South Africa squad
AB de Villiers*†, HM Amla, F Behardien, J Botha, JP Duminy, F du Plessis, JH Kallis, RE Levi, JA Morkel, M Morkel, JL Ontong, WD Parnell, RJ Peterson, DW Steyn, LL Tsotsobe

Zimbabwe squad
BRM Taylor*†, E Chigumbura, AG Cremer, CR Ervine, KM Jarvis, H Masakadza, S Matsikenyeri, CB Mpofu, F Mutizwa, R Muzhange, RW Price, V Sibanda, P Utseya, BV Vitori, MN Waller

cricinfo coverage -
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/engine/current/match/533275.html

If you are stuck in the office like me and in either UK or Ireland, listen live on the radio (sometimes I think its better than watching it) -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01mp045

Roni_uk
September 20, 2012, 07:47 AM
This is the last match before the BIG match but Zimbabuwe playing again before us - how is that possible?

Tiger444
September 20, 2012, 08:58 AM
Wow there is literally nobody watching this match at the stadium :lol:

Naimul_Hd
September 20, 2012, 09:05 AM

someone please stop them from playing flutes !!! So irritating !! Why don't they stop gallery sound !!?

Roni_uk
September 20, 2012, 09:14 AM

this makes me sick. From now on ICC must think of doing these sort of tournament in either India or Bangladesh. Only two places in the world where for any WC match there will be a full house!

disappointed in SL.

rubel_18
September 20, 2012, 09:14 AM
this will be another one sided match I am sure!!!

Tiger444
September 20, 2012, 09:18 AM
this makes me sick. From now on ICC must think of doing these sort of tournament in either India or Bangladesh. Only two places in the world where for any WC match there will be a full house!

disappointed in SL.

Nah bhai remember the WC in India last year? Besides the Indian matches, the turnouts were pretty disappointing. In BD, on the other hand, the locals would go to every match, regardless of whose playing. Good thing the next T20 WC is in BD

mufi_02
September 20, 2012, 09:21 AM
Nah bhai remember the WC in India last year? Besides the Indian matches, the turnouts were pretty disappointing. In BD, on the other hand, the locals would go to every match, regardless of whose playing. Good thing the next T20 WC is in BD

The positive side of having millions of unemployed people. Even for the recent women's game, we had more crowds than this entire WC so far.

Tiger444
September 20, 2012, 09:25 AM
The positive side of having millions of unemployed people. Even for the recent women's game, we had more crowds than this entire WC so far.

Also the passion our fans have for sports in general is really great.

Tiger444
September 20, 2012, 09:27 AM
By the way, pathetic stuff from Zimbabwe. I'm not asking for wins from them but at least give teams a fight. Look at how Afghanistan performed yesterday despite being an associate.

Roni_uk
September 20, 2012, 09:28 AM
Zim are in tatters

Roni_uk
September 20, 2012, 09:33 AM
why are they playing hindi song tune???? come on Sri Lankans!!!!

Tigers_eye
September 20, 2012, 09:40 AM
It took me a while to find the match thread.

Habib
September 20, 2012, 09:48 AM
Zimbabwe stinking up the joint in this tournament. Thought they were on the rise again.

Habib
September 20, 2012, 09:52 AM
someone please stop them from playing flutes !!! So irritating !! Why don't they stop gallery sound !!?

This happens in all the matches held in SL.
The incessant Para para pa Para para pa...Arrrgh.
BTW is it just me or does anyone else find the 'Pressure pressure' thing annoying?

Roni_uk
September 20, 2012, 09:52 AM
Zimbabwe stinking up the joint in this tournament. Thought they were on the rise again.

Only in Harare may be

Zeeshan
September 20, 2012, 10:08 AM
Zimbabwe in deep trouble 60/6

Roni_uk
September 20, 2012, 10:14 AM
the most boring T20 I have ever witnessed!!! Seriously Zimbabuwe!!!

Roni_uk
September 20, 2012, 10:24 AM
Steyn finally takes a wicket!!! He is my captain today :/... not a lot of points from him :(

Habib
September 20, 2012, 10:24 AM
Waste of a match, waste of a thread. This is the type of game that makes you dislike cricket.

Tiger444
September 20, 2012, 10:25 AM
I feel for their fans. This must be extremely disappointing to struggle in this fashion. Not only that but their U19 team finished very low in the U19 WC as well. Future doesn't look very good for Zimbabwe.

roman
September 20, 2012, 10:30 AM
Waste of a match, waste of a thread. This is the type of game that makes you dislike cricket.

Now I realize how others feel when they watch BD's game.

Roni_uk
September 20, 2012, 10:30 AM
Zimbabuwe should give up playing cricket and take up fishing instead - sorry I am just angry!!

Roni_uk
September 20, 2012, 10:33 AM
Now I realize how others feel when they watch BD's game.

com on we are not this bad.. at least not recently!!!

Sohel
September 20, 2012, 10:38 AM
REALLY pitiful performance from Zimbabwe, again! We better do better than our arch-rivals from southern Africa.

Tiger444
September 20, 2012, 10:54 AM

Sometimes we are sadly. I can definitely feel the frustration of other country's fans when we and Zimbabwe play poorly. We've both been Test playing nations for a very long time and these type of performances are unacceptable. The good thing for us is we're improving and developing some quality players whereas Zimbabwe is lacking in that department. Also look at the recent U19 WC results. We finished 7th whereas Zimbabwe finished 15th. So definitely there are worries in Zimbabwe's future.

AsifTheManRahman
September 20, 2012, 10:55 AM
Now Jarvis bowling rubbish.

Tigers_eye
September 20, 2012, 11:05 AM
Couple of balls of Kallis batsmen swang and missed but the ball went over the middle stump.

17.2 Kallis to Price, no run, step to leg and a huge swing and miss, the ball goes over the top of middle stump

19.3 Kallis to Jarvis, no run, swing and a miss to a ball which goes over middle stump

So those of you who were watching...
<table class="commsTable"><tbody><tr><td width="30" align="right">10.5
</td> <td width="100%"> Kallis to Chigumbura, OUT, full and straight and plumb lbw first ball the batsman was nowhere near it. Fired it at the pads, full onto middle and leg and Chigumbura was caught on the crease, his attempted defensive stroke was a few years too late
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td> E Chigumbura lbw b Kallis 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
</td></tr></tbody></table>Could this go over the stumps as well? Do you see the problem with DRS?
+++
Just trying to grasp anything for air. I know it wouldn't make any difference but still...

Tigers_eye
September 20, 2012, 11:22 AM
Could taibu resist better?

roman
September 20, 2012, 11:22 AM

I wish we were not this bad bro. Ok let's look at the recent results. Did we win the test.against them? Did we win that T20 tournament held in Zim? To make things worse we had.an eventful Europe tour. Lost to a club side :facepalm:and recently to Ireland. Now I don't see how we are better than Zim..at least based on our recent performance

But deep down inside we all know we are better than them. we re die hard fans. Sometimes we even think that we r the best thing world has ever seen. But unfortunately the statistics or results won't support us. And others look at the nutmbers only my brother..

NoName
September 20, 2012, 12:49 PM
Much better than our WC debacle, atleast.