PDA

View Full Version : Fun and creative ways to memorize 8000 obscure words in English before the match starts

Zeeshan
September 20, 2012, 11:25 PM
Zee'r dictionary haraiya gese. Tai ektu mejaj gorom :D

Thanks to mufi, starting a time killer.

Post # [template]

Format to copy and paste
Word:
Meaning:
BC Application:

Zeeshan
September 20, 2012, 11:27 PM
Word: diotic
Meaning: affecting both ears.
BC Application: Bancaner naam bancan karon bancan daankaaney kom shunte pay. Any one else need a better diotic example?

Zeeshan
September 20, 2012, 11:30 PM
Word: ebriection
Meaning: mental breakdown from too much boozing
BC Application: After drinking six packs of Bangla beer and after the TnT debacle of BD losing, Zunaid's ebriection resulted in a 911 call.

Zunaid
September 20, 2012, 11:33 PM
Word: diotic
Meaning: affecting both ears.
BC Application: Bancaner naam bancan karon bancan daankaaney kom shunte pay. Any one else need a better diotic example?

Correction. Missing letter.

Word: idiotic
Meaning: negatively affecting the space between both ears.
BC Application: Bancaner naam bancan karon bancan daankaaney kom shunte pay. Any one else need a better idiotic example?[

Zeeshan
September 20, 2012, 11:34 PM
Word: jeofail
Meaning: mistake made by a lawyer in court
BC Application: Navo's jeofail resulted in the poor black man 90 years in jail for molestation denying him dna test.

Roey Haque
September 20, 2012, 11:34 PM
Holy cow! So you are working up a word frenzy before the match? I can just imagine you doing a countdown to the match in your head while guarding this thread. Such excitement! Woot! Woot!

Zeeshan
September 20, 2012, 11:38 PM
Word: jocoserious
Meaning: a combination of funny and serious
BC Application: As Electrequiem declared, Roey "keep it 100" Haque is a breath of fresh air in the forum. Roey is a jocoserious male who can 'rap' and talk about BD constitution at the same time. Thankfully though Forum rules prohibits from doing so BOTH at the same time.

Zunaid
September 20, 2012, 11:45 PM
Word: jocoserious
Meaning: a combination of funny and serious
BC Application: As Electrequiem declared, Roey "keep it 100" Haque is a breath of fresh air in the forum. Roey is a jocoserious male who can 'rap' and talk about BD constitution at the same time. Thankfully though Forum rules prohibits from doing so BOTH at the same time.

Roey - why not:

http://skepticon.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/knapp01.png

BD constitution in rap.

cricman
September 20, 2012, 11:50 PM
Pronunciation is needed : Jo`co*se"ri*ous\

Zeeshan
September 20, 2012, 11:53 PM
Word:quisquillian
Meaning: trashy
BC Application: Aunty likes reading kalerkantha, national enquirer, mtv roadie script and numerous other quisquillian blogs.

Roey Haque
September 21, 2012, 12:17 AM
Word: Jentacular.
Meaning: Pertaining to breakfast.
BC Application: I don't eat that often to have developed special jentacular tastes, but if I could choose one man to cook me an egg, it would be the resident culinary beast, Sohel bhai.

tonoy
September 21, 2012, 12:22 AM
Keep it going Zeeshan. This actually helps with the MCAT prep.

Zunaid
September 21, 2012, 12:27 AM
Keep it going Zeeshan. This actually helps with the MCAT prep.

What really helps is reading, reading, reading, knowing etymology, reading, reading, writing, browsing dictionaries for a hobby, reading, reading, reading ....

Get my drift? :)

Take my word for it - 800 in GRE verbal.

tonoy
September 21, 2012, 12:39 AM
What really helps is reading, reading, reading, knowing etymology, reading, reading, writing, browsing dictionaries for a hobby, reading, reading, reading ....

Get my drift? :)

Take my word for it - 800 in GRE verbal.

800?!! Dayum playa!

You're certainly right about the reading. But even with all these reading, I find that you could never be certain with some of the Questions. And I gotta say, out of the three categories(well four, but writing isn't given that much weight) Verbal is what most of the test takers dread, and I can now see why.

Jadukor
September 21, 2012, 01:35 AM
Correction. Missing letter.

Word: idiotic
Meaning: negatively affecting the space between both ears.
BC Application: Bancaner naam bancan karon bancan daankaaney kom shunte pay. Any one else need a better idiotic example?[

hahahaha!

word: Baller
Meaning: A thug that has "made it" to the big time
Alternate meaning: proficiency at Basketball

BC Application: Mashrafi is a good baller

Zeeshan
September 21, 2012, 01:40 PM
Word: Goualsh
Meaning: stew
App: Lamisa likes tiktiki goulash.

Zeeshan
September 21, 2012, 01:41 PM
Word: Juggernaut
Meaning: BISHAAAL :big_hug:
App: Maccelum is to "JUGGERNAUT HALL" as Ash is to meyeder section in "Joggonnath hall"