PDA

View Full Version : BD A vs Zim A - 2nd Four Dayer

abhs
March 22, 2004, 12:50 AM
Lets us encourage our A team for a Brilliant win again.

Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogra
March 23-26.

Rajin Saleh is the Captain

SQUAD (from)
Rajin Saleh (captain), Hannan Sarker, Nafees Iqbal, Mohammed Ashraful, Alok Kapali, Tushar Imran, Dhiman Gosh, Alamgir Kabir, Enamul Haq Jr, Gazi Alamgir, Tareq Aziz Khan, Jamaluddin Babu and Faisal Hossain.

NEWS UPDATE: Watch Channel I online to view the News and get the updated scorecard. Yes, free preview with excellent resolution is available at-

www.jumptv.com

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by abhs]

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by abhs]

Nasif
March 22, 2004, 02:28 AM
Damn! This is a great find abhs! Thanks for the Channel I link. How long will it stay in free preview that is the question. The quality is great. NO LAG!

abhs
March 22, 2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by nasif
Damn! This is a great find abhs! Thanks for the Channel I link. How long will it stay in free preview that is the question. The quality is great. NO LAG!

I have been using the link for a week and no trouble. There is also no time limit. You may watch it from morning to late night continuously.

As you rightly pointed out, they may withdraw the free preview facility any time, at least as can be understood from the dispaly of the monthly charges. However, I hope it will last at least for some more weeks to let people know.

I wish we can get the news updates of the BD A-ZIM A 2nd Four Dayer with this free preview, although they will not cast it live.

Nasif
March 22, 2004, 02:12 PM
Watched the news, no info about the match yet. Is it today or tomorrow?

reverse_swing
March 22, 2004, 02:42 PM
tomorrow

Tokai
March 22, 2004, 03:38 PM
even i can afford $10/month. i'll find that money from all the trush in the garbage i control. he he. anyway, i think the question is how good is channel i in terms of providing sports news and coverage?

bangla_amar
March 22, 2004, 04:20 PM
I have hi-speed connection but picture quality does not seem to be good. It is more like dia up connection quality. Is there any way to improve it?

reverse_swing
March 22, 2004, 04:30 PM
picture quality should be good if u have 2 MB Broadband connection.

bangla_amar
March 22, 2004, 04:50 PM
I have far more than 2 mb.
I think the problem might be its default setting is to play in dial up or its quality is just like that.

It does not have any options like high speed or dial up like other channels on the site.

Nasif
March 22, 2004, 05:06 PM
The transmission is in around 40KB/sec. It is very good in night time but during day time as I tested it today, its quite slow. HVB situation, too many users too little bandwidth.

I guess thats why they have it in preview mode. Unless they can acquire enough bandwidth it will probably stay as preview.

Optimist
March 22, 2004, 05:29 PM
It's strange. I'm getting 210 kbps in one computer and only 44 kbps in other. both has the same broadband connection! 210 kbps is very good.

abhs
March 22, 2004, 09:22 PM
I have 8MB Broad band connection and have been getting usually more than 200kbps, and the quality is excellent (good resolution and no time lag). The preview may not be good for dial up connection. Also the kbps achieved differ depending on the surrounding. They have explained the detail in About us and Help.

Anyway, the Channel I news this morning had an item on the Four dayer starting today. Let us hope the best for our A team. After inclusion of 5 test cricketers, it has been much stronger.

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by abhs]

Nasif
March 22, 2004, 10:06 PM
At last we will have a real bangla channel in US. ATN is starting their broadcast on dishnetwork from April 1.

I posted it on Foget Cricket (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=4869)

shobon
March 22, 2004, 11:33 PM
hi can any body tell me what time the game will start?

shobon
March 22, 2004, 11:36 PM
ranna shoud play today .what you guys think ?:D

abhs
March 22, 2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by shobon
ranna shoud play today .what you guys think ?:D

But.........
Rana is not in the squad.

shobon
March 23, 2004, 12:03 AM
what time game will start today

keep win bangladesh:fanflag:

shobon
March 23, 2004, 12:09 AM
guys anybody here plz tell me about score ? who won the toss ?

:fire::fire::fire: never mind

keep win bangladesh :fanflag:

shobon
March 23, 2004, 12:37 AM
keep win bangladesh:fanflag:

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by shobon]

chinaman
March 23, 2004, 12:56 AM
Dear shobon

Welcome to banglacricket.

Unfortunately for all of us, there is no live coverage for today's match. If someone comes to know of any update of the match, s/he will post it here. We know it's boring to wait indefinitely for the updates, but there's no alternative. So, please be patient like all of us here. Cheers.

RazabQ
March 23, 2004, 03:24 AM
when we will have won enough games and kicked enough butt that the cricinfos of the world will feel compelled to provide live coverage of our A-teams and what not.

In the meanwhile, what do you folks say to having a database of volunteers who are based out of various cities in Bangladesh. We can then "telafy" them to provide semi regular updates :-) I offer a nice tour of San Fran as my li'l ghoosh :)

abhs
March 23, 2004, 04:18 AM
Cricinfo is just a week back in updating news on Bangladesh A match. Surprisingly, they have not yet updated Bangladesh page with the news of the 1st Four dayer, not to speak of the live coverage of the 2nd Four dayer.

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/BDESH/

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by abhs]

abhs
March 23, 2004, 08:00 AM
Toss : Bangladesh A

Zimbabwe A : 254/6 , 93 overs (Sims 80, Maregwede 42*, Ewing 30*, Enamul 46/2, Aziz 57/2)

Stumps day-1

fy288
March 23, 2004, 08:33 AM
thanks for the update, anyone know the scorecard?

Zobair
March 23, 2004, 11:02 AM
hopefully we will wrap them up early tomorrow...and post a BIG one...am wondering does any one know who coaches and manages our A teams?!?!

mahbubH
March 23, 2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by pompous
hopefully we will wrap them up early tomorrow...and post a BIG one...am wondering does any one know who coaches and manages our A teams?!?!

I think coach is Sarwar Imran and assistant coach is Ratan (was assistant coach with u19 team). Don't know who the manager is.

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by sports_fan_bd]

Optimist
March 23, 2004, 12:49 PM
Bangladesh A is probably playing with a bowler short. From what I have gathered....Tare Aziz, Alamgir and Enamul are the bowlers. Faisal and Jamal Babu are the alrounders (:-/). Ash, Rajin, Alok, Dhiman are there for sure. Nafis and Tushar are probably the other two. We needed another bowler.

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by Optimist]

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by Optimist]

shovon13
March 23, 2004, 01:18 PM
yep...this team's batting is really strong. if they play by their standards, they should easily surpass 350...

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 23, 2004, 05:16 PM
bap bhaloi ko kheltese zimbabwe A. atkaite lagbe bhai kalker moddhe. tarpor rajin ashraf hannan kapali ar nafis tara jodi thik thak moton bat kore tahole kintu ami chintar kichu dekchi na kintu tara jodi tader dayitto thik moton palon na kore tahole kintu onno kichu hote pare. dannabad.

shobon
March 24, 2004, 07:35 AM
HI

any body here plz tell me about score card:fanflag:

chinaman
March 24, 2004, 07:42 AM
Zim-A: 407/10, 136.5 overs

Sims 80, Maregwede 90, Ewing 100, Enamul 59/2, Aziz 91/5

BD-A:171/3, 44 overs

Rajin 71*, Ashraful 56*, Gripper 70/2

Source: http://www.bangladesherkhela.com (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com)

shobon
March 24, 2004, 07:46 AM
Zim-A: 407/10, 136.5 overs

Sims 80, Maregwede 90, Ewing 100, Enamul 59/2, Aziz 91/5

BD-A:171/3, 44 overs

Rajin 71*, Ashraful 56*, Gripper 70/2

zim did very well :fanflag:

billah
March 24, 2004, 07:51 AM
Heading for a draw?

Optimist
March 24, 2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by billah
Heading for a draw?

Never underestimate the power of batting collapse! Bangladesh is capable of anything! Alamgir had a good outing in the first test. Now he is out of steam.

Warlock
March 24, 2004, 10:52 AM
BD A team is still 230 odd runs behind. They have to fight to save this match. Forget about an easy draw.
Rajin and Ashraful has batted with sensibility today. Let's see if any of them (or both!) can play a big innings tomorrow.
A BD batsmen would often throw away his wicket after scoring a fifty- look at Bashar. I would sincerely hope the new generation of cricketers (like Rajin and Ashraful) will overcome this problem. Ashraful played a good innings in the first test against Zimbabwe and was unlucky to get out on98. It is his chance to make it full 100 this time! On the other hand, Rajin has yet to score a hundred against a foreign team in any sort of game. He has 70 runs under his belt already- a century is there for taking!
Good luck BD!

shovon13
March 24, 2004, 01:01 PM
nevertheless its good to see ash and rajin among runs

Rubu
March 24, 2004, 02:03 PM
it does not look too hard to me, a draw. this is only the first innings. we, still have 7 wicket in hand. does anyone knows the run required to avoid follow on in four day match? 200 for 5 day match, 150 for 3 days. so, it is somewhere around 175. that means, follow on is not an option here. in that case, zim has to take seven wicket (say a lead of 100), has to run another 200 or so to be in the safe side, and then all out us again within this runs. in two days. seems very unlikely to me. i'd say we're going toward a draw.

rio
March 24, 2004, 02:16 PM
Is Nafees Iqbal playing or not? If he is playing why is he not opening?

chinaman
March 24, 2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
does anyone knows the run required to avoid follow on in four day match? 200 for 5 day match, 150 for 3 days. so, it is somewhere around 175.

When the side, batting first, leads by at least 150 runs in a match of 3 or 4 days.

rassel
March 24, 2004, 10:29 PM
Both rajin and asraful are capable of whipping out the deficit no matter how large is the target. They are showing lot of patience with the bat, so I expect one of this guy to come up with a superb innings.:fanflag:

Tokai
March 24, 2004, 10:36 PM
Never underestimate the power of batting collapse!

true. but don't underestimate the power of our tail enders either. our infamous collaspe always happens in top or middle order. even if that happens this time, our tail enders are there to make up things. so i still see a draw!

RazabQ
March 25, 2004, 04:24 AM
The Bangladesherkhela picture shows he's knocked the stumps clean out of the ground. Even if the ball hit the top of the stump, and our groundsmen had decided to water the base of the wicket, I reckon Mr. Aziz must have been working up some decent pace there. What do you think?

http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/picoftheday/559/zim-bd-4day-match.jpg

fy288
March 25, 2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Tokai

Never underestimate the power of batting collapse!

true. but don't underestimate the power of our tail enders either. our infamous collaspe always happens in top or middle order. even if that happens this time, our tail enders are there to make up things. so i still see a draw!

u got to remember that if bangla make a good start say 200/4 then the tail collapse, if however the start was poor say 50/3 then the tail will rally to post around 200.

chinaman
March 25, 2004, 07:43 AM
Zim-A : 407/10 & 86/1, 24 overs

Gripper 29*, Chigumeura 36*, Aziz 29/1

BD-A :378/10, 107.4 overs

Rajin 86, Ashraful 82, Faishal 83, Dhiman 54

Optimist
March 25, 2004, 08:29 AM
I like this Faisal guy!! He is a lefty and he can bowl!! But This Bangladesh A innings show again that our batsmen don't have the stamina to go on and on. Why can't one of these batsmen go on to score a 150? If they have the technique to score 86 they surely have the technique to score 150! And what did Alok do?

Ahmed_B
March 25, 2004, 09:09 AM
...good observation Optimist.
its bad to see none of the batsmen having any real try to score 100's, let alone 150's or 200's..
as if no one realy thinking of taking the big responsibility!!
tht's sad!!!
its also not good to see the BD team having quite a few national team players among them and yet struggling agaings ZIM-A!! :(

rafiq
March 25, 2004, 09:17 AM
hey guys looks like BD A will win the series 1-0. Zim is still ahead of us in world rankings. Both sides have some test players. Why the over-analysis?

Tehsin
March 25, 2004, 10:31 AM
:)

====
its also not good to see the BD team having quite a few national team players among them and yet struggling againts ZIM-A!!
====

Look at the Zimbabwe line up. They have some experienced campaigners guised a A players. Also, 378 against 407 isn't a struggle. OUr batting did good, could have done better. Our bowling is led by Tareq, Alamgir and Enamul Junior and these guys are very young. They did let Zim A score 407, if they had managed to bowl them out for say 300, our 378 would have looked more impressive then it is.

Optimist
March 25, 2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by rafiq
Both sides have some test players. Why the over-analysis?

I really am not that bothered about the result of this match! Rather I am following
our stars. Rajin, Ash and Alok are three of our best batsmen. I can't recall any really big scores from them. By "big" I want to mean really big --- 150+. If they can't do this in first class cricket, how will they do it in International scene?

My comment is a reflection of a continued observation; So please don't take it just in the context of this series.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 25, 2004, 01:00 PM
jaihok,
akta bepar kintu ami dekchi je bangladesher protiti batsmani kintu tara 50 ar upor run korar por keno jani mone hoi je tara ga chere dai onekta. keno jani tader modhhe mone hoi je akta mentality ache je ami to already 50 run korai felsi amar dayitto akhon shesh. this is why we always see rajin and ash and even bashar playing loose shots just after scoring fifty. i think they really have to get out of this mentality. i think they have to grow the mentality of playing bigger innings which i mean is over 100. tanahole kintu boro score kora shombhob na. but i am still happy to see that rajin and ash got runs which shows that they are in form. but i would have been happier if one of them would have stayed there longer. but oshhabhabik kichu na hole kintu ai test draw hoye jabe ebong amra 1-0 te jite jabo. hope we do good in the one days to. and i think for the one days we can drop ash and rajin, we already know that they are good. so there is no need to test them over and over. what we now need to do is bring some players like shejan or rokon or nafees and see their performance. because they are talendted but they lack the consistency. so we have to play them and see if they get runs or not. dannabad.

Beamer
March 25, 2004, 01:15 PM
I don't think alok is playing in this match. hannan played and scored 4 runs or something. Alok has been made the captain of the one day team that will play the zimbabweans. I like faisal as well and he is a lefty. We had three players scoring in eighties, yet none could go on and score a big hundred. I guess it will come with time. Ash, rajin are still very young and relatively new despite being in the intl scene for a while now. Shahadat hossain wasn't invited to the west indies camp among the 29 players called. The selectors are being cautious with him I guess.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 25, 2004, 01:26 PM
well yeah i think they did the right thing because shahadat is still young. hite biporit hote pare if he is included in the squad now. because he still needs to be more skilled and experienced. most of all he still has a long way to go. lafalafi korar kichu nai. shomoy hole team a amni ashbe jodi performance bhalo thake.

Optimist
March 25, 2004, 01:31 PM
Hi Beamer, Alok scored 7 of 25 deliveries. It's a good decision to make him the A team captain. Just don't know about Al-Shahriyar! Most of the people agree that he is talented but his one-day performance is dismal!

Source: Ittefaq.

Beamer
March 25, 2004, 03:18 PM
hey optimist, so alok didn't do well at all. Maybe the captaincy for the A team will bring about some sense of responsibility. He has the potential to be such a good six down in one dayers. The ability to accelerate is there. Can he come out of this rotten shell? is the question.

al Furqaan
March 25, 2004, 04:13 PM
Bangladesh has just started its long journey out of the basement of the ICC full memebers. remember people, that less than one short year ago we were at the nadir of our short cricket history. we lost to canada, lost 3 wickets on the first 3 balls to chaminda vaas, and got beaten by india by a whopping 200 runs. enter whatmore and he changed everything. we made our first world cup in 99 and test status in 2000. we were pushed ahead when we weren't quite ready. that fact that we have come so far in such a short time is a testement that BD could very well be the best nation in cricket ever.

also everone is talkin about building big scores and ash and rajin not gettin 150+ scores...have you forgotten that there is a fielding and bowling side to cricket? we have no bowlers u have taken 5 wickets in an ODI, or 10 in a test. with enamul, masri, shahadat, and tareq on the rise in 2-3 years we will have those stats. when we do, you will see that ash, rajin, and co. are posting 500+ run innings in tests and 300+ in ODIs. ash and rajin have their maiden ODI centuries in hand and are threatening 200 in tests.

I will now go on the record by saying that in 2 to 3 years time, not only will be BD have a maiden test victory, but we will have at least 10 ODI victories total. just wait and see, inshallah, good things are coming. if the players work hard, then allah willing, voctory is destined.

Tokai
March 25, 2004, 05:46 PM
i hope u are right. kintuk, ak khan kotha! we don't know how long whatmore will stay with us. if we don't have him, everything will be stopped. it all depends on how long we can keep him or what kind of replacement we can get.

rassel
March 25, 2004, 10:35 PM
What’s up with all this captaincy changes in the team? Tushar Imran was just doing fine

shaheen
March 26, 2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by rassel
What’s up with all this captaincy changes in the team? Tushar Imran was just doing fine

It may be just to push Kapali a little more in order to increase his moral strength and thus kapali may be more sensible while he play his normal cricket in international games.

This is just my guess to why Kapali being nominated as Captain for BD A team against Zim A

RazabQ
March 26, 2004, 01:23 AM
It _is_ unusual that we are switching captains for the A-teams around but perhaps our selectors are trying to see if the additional responsibility of being skipper improves the performance of some of our potential captains? It seems that did the trick for Tushar but not quite for Rajin.

Razab

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 26, 2004, 01:52 AM
i dont understand why you are saying that it didnt quite work for rajin. he scored 86 and i think that was not bad at all. making alok captain is a good idea. because alok really needs to do good in this one or else he might have to sit out in the west indies tour. alok is a very specialized player, i dont want him to be out of the team. but if he doesnt perform well in the one dayers then there is not going to be much hope for alok. so i hope he does well with both his bat and bol.

reinausagi
March 26, 2004, 03:46 AM
Excerpt from an e-mail from Ratan who was the assistant coach for the BD-A team until recently, about who manages the age group and 'A' selections, and who makes the player selections etc.

I am in Lahore, Pakistan to attend a toutor training course organized by Asian Cricket Council jointly with Cricket Australia.
I arrived on 23rd morning and will go back on 31st of this month.
I was selected coach for under 23 and "A" TEAM JOINTLY WITH Imram bhai.
As suddenly BCB send me to Pakistan Imram bhai is looking after the
team. There is no manager but selectors gives their thought to
make the XI.
BCB decided for A, under 19 and under 23 team + other age group
teams there will not be any Manager. A head coach and a assistant
coach will do the all work. It will give another coach an
opportunity to gain the experience.
Regards
Ratan

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by reinausagi]

RazabQ
March 26, 2004, 05:57 AM
Just thought I'd clarify a point I made. I'm not saying Rajin has failed against Zim A. It's just that he's scored half-centuries agains full national teams, so the captaincy of the A-team has not led him to do better. That's all. Unlike Zunaid bhai, I'm way too lazy to go dig up stats, so yes, right now I have only one data point :) May Allah forgive me :)

fy288
March 26, 2004, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by chinaman
Zim-A : 407/10 & 86/1, 24 overs

Gripper 29*, Chigumeura 36*, Aziz 29/1

BD-A :378/10, 107.4 overs

Rajin 86, Ashraful 82, Faishal 83, Dhiman 54

wow 3 big knocks there a shame saleh or ash could not go on to a century. next aim for those guys in form is to try and get a century. good performance anyway

abhs
March 26, 2004, 08:54 AM
Just watched the news of Channel I.
Unfortunately, time lag at the time of the news coverage of the BD A vs Zim A match.

So far I could understand from the interrupted webcast is that match ended in a draw. ZimA declared in 267/3
and Bangladesh had a collapse in batting possibly. They struggled at 99/7, but could avoid the defeat. I cannot believe the score!

I am sorry if I could not hear properly.
Anybody, could you listen the exact news?

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by abhs]

Mahmood
March 26, 2004, 09:59 AM
Oh ya, the sweet old collapse, we can never leave it out.

Optimist
March 26, 2004, 10:07 AM
abhs, I don't know if you heard it right or wrong ---- but the fact is that we are always capable of doing that against anybody! Even if we had the full national team we could collapse against Zimbwabe A. I'm not surprised. Have you ever checked the score of our domestic first class matches? Teams collapase facing targets below 150. That's why we need experience too. I think in our team we can only depend on Khaled Masud Pilot to stick it out in the face of a collapse. We need a few more players of that character.

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by Optimist]

reverse_swing
March 26, 2004, 10:13 AM
but this time we won the series:D

chinaman
March 26, 2004, 10:24 AM
Zim-A : 407/10 & 267/3d, 71 overs

Second Innings: Gripper 59, Chigumeura 130*, Aziz 48/1

BD-A :378/10, & 99/7, 41 overs

First Innings: Rajin 86, Ashraful 82, Faishal 83, Dhiman 54
Second Innings: Hannan 40, Tushar 24*

mahbubH
March 26, 2004, 10:31 AM
It will be a fun series in WI as we both like to have at least one "collapse" in a match!!

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 26, 2004, 10:40 AM
lol.............
asholaiii akdom khati shotti kotha bolchen apni. tobe asha korbo bangladesh ar sheta korbe na ebong west indies sheta bojay rakhbe. west indies 50 run na 60 run a allout hoileo amader labh. kintu tarpor abar lokkho rakhte hobe je oderke 60 run a out kore amra abar 40 run a na chole jai. dannabad.

Beamer
March 26, 2004, 11:22 AM
optimist
The collapse is a part of our cricket, no matter at what level the game is played. we need a few more character players like mashud. I think Mushfiq has those qualities. Rana too, what he has shown thus far, may possess it as well.
I am really worried about kapali now. He failed again. If he is left out of the WI series, a real possibility now, he would have only himself to blame. I think it has become a mental issue with him. He still should play in ODI's. One other point I like to make about our upcoming WI series. Its about the bowling. Contrary to popular convention of stacking faster bowlers in Carribean, where pitches are favorable to fast bowlers, I would rather go with two pronged spin duo of rafiq and enamul in test matches. Thats our strong suit. Tareq, alamgir..etc I am afraid will get hit all around the park. they are neither threatning, nor consistent line-length bowlers.

Piranha
March 26, 2004, 12:59 PM
Thats another poor show by our batsmen. At least they held their nerve together and drew the match. Two years ago, I think we would have lost even with this little time remaining in the match.

Consistency evades us again!

Optimist
March 26, 2004, 01:11 PM
Beamer, agree with you completely about playing two spinners. No point filling the team with ordinary seamers. I would love to have a quality offie, but then again we probably don't have one. Rafiq and Enamul are our best bet. About the Mr. dependable thing --- I am not sure about Rana yet. He played with little expectation. Sure he showed promise but luck was with him. Let's see what he does when his luck runs out. Hope he won't disappoint us. I really don't blame Ash, Rajin that much; they are young and did not play many close matches. I wish they face these situations pretty often in domestic cricket.

BangladeshCricket
March 27, 2004, 09:30 AM
we are getting a good middle order with rajin,ash,may be with rana, musfiq, and mashud if we gona train them consistently and expose them to more int'l onedayers and test matches by 2007 they will be more consistent. But i am kinda disappointed on loosing 7 wkts in 99 runs :(. But I guess this our cricket. But I am happy to see ash,rajin getting runs. Alok is going to be dropped soon unfortunately, he is making the same mistake again and again :-/
we should get two quality pacers instead of just getting three or four regular pacers.
Neways, upcoming tour will be difficult one to play in WI soil...Their pace attacks are always threating with Lara,Sarwan, Chanderpaul and the new ones coming to bat

Ahmed_B
March 27, 2004, 09:53 AM
GOOD POINT!
BD team is never so Confident in Fast and Bouncy wickets!
no doubt its gonna be tough in WI grounds.. the country once was known as the most Dangerous and Deadly in Pace Attacks!!