PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Short and Wide

mufi_02
September 25, 2012, 11:43 AM
Seriously, what's with this obsession of bowling short and wide? I don't have the stats but in today's match majority of the runs came from these so called bouncers. Shafiul, Mash and Abul -- neither of them have express speed and yet they kept on bowling short deliveries. Even after they got whacked, they kept on bowling short and wide. Even Razzak bowled few of them and rightly got smacked.

When will they ever learn? Where are the yorkers or the full deliveries?

NoName
September 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
Call up Shane, there something about those short and wide we fans don't see yet.

AsifTheManRahman
September 25, 2012, 11:59 AM
Mufi, the mystery is not that hard to fathom. The express pace that our pacers bowl at, they're likely to find a nick or two sooner rather than later. I mean Bradman would have trouble sighting the ball, let alone street cricketers from Pakistan like Nazir and Jamshed.

Jadukor
September 25, 2012, 12:25 PM
did they bowl even one yorker?

jeesh
September 25, 2012, 11:26 PM
Shafiul bowled one when it was too late anyway. Bowling short and wide only means one thing-no strict planning in place. Its as if bowlers are bowling according to their own thinking. Result: catastrophic. Shafiul thinks he is Brett Lee. Even Mashrafee was wayward.

BengaliPagol
September 26, 2012, 12:49 AM
Shafiul's last over showed me that he can be a smart bowler if he wants to be.