PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh & T20 Part 2

Maysun
September 25, 2012, 12:37 PM
Earlier this year, around the time of the IPL, I opened a thread - Bangladesh & T20 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=41000), and through a poll wanted to gather your opinion on why we aren’t good at T20s and why our players are neglected often.

Now, that the WC campaign is over for us and we fared pretty badly except for an innings, despite the “best preparation” possible for the tournament, I would like to ask similar questions (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=1080) again via the poll, and let’s see where we stand now. Vote and share your opinion!

P.S. I know there are zillion threads right now analysing the problem but just could not resist opening.

mufi_02
September 25, 2012, 01:10 PM
We still look very lost in the middle. Team combination, pitch prediction, batting order, bowling changes are all wrong.

We still don't know how to build an innings. We also don't know how to bowl in T20. If you want to bowl bouncers make sure its unplayable. Bowl more yorkers and slower balls.

Shakib is the only difference between us and the associates.

Raynman
September 25, 2012, 04:36 PM
T20 haters can bash this format all they want but more often than not, the better team will win. Our problem is not T20 specific but approach to cricket in general.

Players, selectors, board members & officials lack accountability for their results. Individual stats are given preference to approach in a team context regardless of format.

There are other obvious issues in domestic structure, payroll, management etc. but the root of it all lies in accountability.

What I enjoyed most about Shakib's innings today was not the shots he made but the anger/frustration he showed on the shots he missed. The rest, just seemed happy to be playing in a world cup match.

Maysun
September 26, 2012, 09:11 AM
We still look very lost in the middle. Team combination, pitch prediction, batting order, bowling changes are all wrong.

We still don't know how to build an innings. We also don't know how to bowl in T20. If you want to bowl bouncers make sure its unplayable. Bowl more yorkers and slower balls.

Shakib is the only difference between us and the associates.

I quite agree, I think BD lost the plot when we failed to send in Zia after Mushfiq got out. We were targeting close to 190 but ended up getting only 175.

Yes, and in times when others are perfecting the slower bouncer, our bowlers can't seem to get the basic bouncer right.