PDA

View Full Version : Cricinfo- Enough is enough for underachieving Bangladesh

BrianLara7
September 25, 2012, 07:44 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/current/story/584012.html

Enough is enough for underachieving Bangladesh

Bangladesh's players, fans and media have been satisfied with mediocrity for too long. Where is their Tiger Pataudi, or their Arjuna Ranatunga, to drag them out of that mindset?
Abhishek Purohit in Pallekele
September 25, 2012

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/150300/150316.2.jpg

Spend a day in the streets and restaurants of the teeming cities of Dhaka and Kolkata and you will find out how passionate Bengalis are. Passion is Bengal. Bengal is passion. Throughout history, the land has been at the forefront of revolution, be it nationalistic, linguistic, intellectual. It is time for another revolution to happen in Bangladesh. Of the cricketing kind.
It is time for Bangladeshis to say enough is enough. It is time for them to demand higher standards of a team that has mostly let them down, again and again and again. It is time for them to stop being satisfied with heroic individual performances from Shakib Al Hasan. It is time for them to stop celebrating a rare win over a top side like they have won the World Cup.

Read: http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/current/story/584012.html

firstlane
September 25, 2012, 07:48 PM
He is talking out of his a**. As if he knows what BD fans want.
Neverless, I am angry at those gutless good-for-nothing morons for giving the cricket world a chance to give us sh*t.

BengaliPagol
September 25, 2012, 07:53 PM
That was a joyful article to read.

BrianLara7
September 25, 2012, 07:56 PM
He is talking ou of his a**. As if he knows what BD fans want.

Truth is harsh, some of the things in that article are very true (our players being sissies)

firstlane
September 25, 2012, 08:05 PM
Truth is harsh, some of the things in that article are very true (our players being sissies)

I only disagreed to the part where he talked about fans expectation.

al Furqaan
September 25, 2012, 08:15 PM
Yes, the article made some decent points. But I feel it was on the whole a tasteless and opportunistic piece meant to add insult to injury and little else.

This feeling of inferiority - to call a spade a spade - manifests itself in misplaced aggression in the comments section of ESPNcricinfo articles from Bangladesh fans.

Once again, this doesn't address a) that "misplaced" aggression is almost always AFTER idiotically prejudicial comments from the typical Indopak cricket fan with the odd denigration from whitey Smith thrown in for good measure and b) any self-belief from fans is usually scoffed at as delusion.

According to Purohit's definition our war of independence was also one of "misplaced aggression".

Its been a long time since CI has run a piece this demeaning.

Naimul_Hd
September 25, 2012, 08:26 PM
Oh boy, that writer had his 'article title' ready to press the 'submit' button for long time.

'Enough is Enough' and that too for a match report ?

Why's that only Indian reporters cover most of our matches ?

Just go through Ireland's/Afgan's match report and then read match report of Bangladesh, instantly you can feel that writers of BD match report have some kind of anguish against BD.

BengaliPagol
September 25, 2012, 08:36 PM
Just go through Ireland's/Afgan's match report and then read match report of Bangladesh, instantly you can feel that writers of BD match report have some kind of anguish against BD.

When we rollin', they hatin'

22Yards
September 25, 2012, 08:44 PM
Nowhere in the article I really found something that is any different to what I feel now. May be people here are offended because it came out of an Indian ? Truth hurts.

Why does it so matter that afghans or irish are getting praised and the writer may have some bias towards us. What is important to us is that the kind of progress the afghans or the irish made in recent times is three times the progress we made in 10 years. We have more things to worry about than judge others might have an agenda against us. We had our chance to slap their faces with good performance but we couldn't. It's all us to blame unfortunately.

Rifat
September 25, 2012, 08:49 PM
Truth of the matter is, let's wait until the next Test/ODI series against a G8 opponent ;)

I should really Shut my mouth...

jokes aside, we are developing skills but for some reason we are not seeing them being implemented in T20, the boys based on their body language don't seem focused, they seem distracted. they are much much better than this...

We just have to play more tests on a regular basis to make a correct evaluation of Richard Pybus, his policies, strategies and the overall development of players. T20 you need a lot of discipline and concentration, Tests you need a lot of skill, and in ODI's you can sometimes get away with a lapse of concentration, in T20 you can't do that. we paid the price because I personally feel that the boys were distracted, they weren't mentally "in tune" with the situation. I don't really know how else I can explain this...

our lack of firepower in the pace department is a valid citation for poor performance but remember, we have defeated tougher opponents in the past with even weaker pace attack, simply because the boys were more concentrated and more disciplined...

Ajfar
September 25, 2012, 09:14 PM
Fans are no longer satisfied with mediocrity. So what exactly is he asking us to do? Go on the street and start 'misil', like some Indian fans did after India didn't qualify for the 2nd round. We fans can only do one thing, and that is support from the bottom of our heart. We have been doing that, and we will continue to do that even if they get whitewashed by Zambia.

NoName
September 25, 2012, 09:31 PM
Wonder if any of our players will read that.

al Furqaan
September 25, 2012, 09:54 PM
Nowhere in the article I really found something that is any different to what I feel now. May be people here are offended because it came out of an Indian ? Truth hurts.

Why does it so matter that afghans or irish are getting praised and the writer may have some bias towards us. What is important to us is that the kind of progress the afghans or the irish made in recent times is three times the progress we made in 10 years. We have more things to worry about than judge others might have an agenda against us. We had our chance to slap their faces with good performance but we couldn't. It's all us to blame unfortunately.

No but by the style of the prose one can guess it was marinating for some time what with idyllic references to passions in "Dhaka" and "Calcutta". What does Calcutta have to do with Bangladesh cricket? Unless its a proactive defense against the feeling that this was an anti-Bangladeshi prejudice piece "Wait, wait, wait, I mentioned Calcutta, so it wasn't just Bangladesh".

I'm trying to figure out when the T20 format took precedence over the fact that our recent ODI record matches quite favorably with that of West Indies and New Zealand or that despite being uncompetitive most of our Tests see umpires trotting to the field on the morning of the 5th day.

razath
September 25, 2012, 09:56 PM
Nice Article- Ask for new leadership

Enough is enough for underachieving Bangladesh

Bangladesh's players, fans and media have been satisfied with mediocrity for too long. Where is their Tiger Pataudi, or their Arjuna Ranatunga, to drag them out of that mindset?
Abhishek Purohit in Pallekele
September 25, 2012
Comments: 20 (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/current/story/584012.html#comments) | Login via (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/current/story/584012.html#fcomments) http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/connect_fb_icon.png (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/current/story/584012.html#fcomments) | Text size: A | A

<TABLE style="MARGIN-TOP: 5px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=320 align=right sizcache="5" sizset="249"><TBODY sizcache="5" sizset="249"><TR sizcache="0" sizset="26"><TD height=1 width=10></TD><TD class=phototbl sizcache="0" sizset="26">http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/150300/150316.2.jpg
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=stryPicCptn class=stryPicCptn>It is time for Bangladesh to stop being satisfied with heroic individual performances from Shakib Al Hasan <NOBR>© AFP </NOBR>
</TD></TR><TR><TD class="stryEnlarge stryPicCptn" jQuery1348627652723="11">Enlarge
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR sizcache="5" sizset="249"><TD colSpan=2 sizcache="5" sizset="249"><!-- Related links panel -->
Related Links
<!--
--><!--
-->Players/Officials: Mushfiqur Rahim (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/player/56029.html) | Nawab of Pataudi (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/player/32222.html) | Arjuna Ranatunga (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/player/50244.html) | Shakib Al Hasan (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/player/56143.html) | Tamim Iqbal (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/player/56194.html)
Matches: Bangladesh v Pakistan at Pallekele (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/engine/match/533283.html)
Series/Tournaments: ICC World Twenty20 (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/series/531597.html)
Teams: Bangladesh (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/team/25.html) | Pakistan (http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/team/7.html)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Spend a day in the streets and restaurants of the teeming cities of Dhaka and Kolkata and you will find out how passionate Bengalis are. Passion is Bengal. Bengal is passion. Throughout history, the land has been at the forefront of revolution, be it nationalistic, linguistic, intellectual. It is time for another revolution to happen in Bangladesh. Of the cricketing kind.
It is time for Bangladeshis to say enough is enough. It is time for them to demand higher standards of a team that has mostly let them down, again and again and again. It is time for them to stop being satisfied with heroic individual performances from Shakib Al Hasan. It is time for them to stop celebrating a rare win over a top side like they have won the World Cup.
Bangladeshis are fanatical in their love for the game. Just as man has to breathe air to survive, whether it is stale or fresh air, so do Bangladeshis support their cricket team, whether it does well or not. Most of the times, it gets thrashed. But Bangladeshis' support for their "Tigers" does not waver an inch. They have been stoical as long as Bangladesh have been on the international scene. On the very rare occasion, their suppressed pain bursts through, as it did when Bangladesh were dismissed for 58 against West Indies in the 2011 World Cup on home turf in Mirpur. But on the whole, they have celebrated every small achievement. Small is what they have been afforded by their hopelessly underachieving team.
The cricketing reasons can be repeated endlessly. Lack of quality fast bowlers, over-reliance on one brand of spin, talented but unreliable batsmen, poor fielding. In the end, it must come down to that one word. Belief. To an outsider, do Bangladesh believe they can be world beaters? No. Do Bangladesh fans believe they can be world beaters? No. Do Bangladesh media believe they can be world beaters? No.

Read More (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/content/current/story/584012.html)

all_rounder
September 25, 2012, 10:11 PM
Lack of quality fast bowlers, over-reliance on one brand of spin, talented but unreliable batsmen, poor fielding.

Very well put. We wont progress until these issues are addressed.

mr cricket
September 25, 2012, 11:00 PM
So when is our next series?

Zeeshan
September 25, 2012, 11:10 PM
purohit thred dekhi

Naimul_Hd
September 25, 2012, 11:10 PM
I was always against Shakib being Captain because we just can't afford to put more and more pressure on him. Making him captain is just asking too much from him cause he needs to take responsibility of his own game and his team mates' failure too which may result in downfall of his own game.

But looking at Mushy's captaincy and Shakib's previous captaincy record, i tend to believe now Shakib would have been a better choice as a Captain. He has got that mentality and positive attitude which is lacking from rest of the players. His performance would do the talking for others which is absent in the case of Mushy.

Some people are born to be leaders. Shakib is one of them.

F6_Turbo
September 25, 2012, 11:31 PM
I dont think one has to be an official captain to be a leader... Shakib is not only our best player but also one if the senior players now...

On the field I'd like to see him be a bit more proactive. If anyone feels he is stepping on their toes(Mushy/Riad) he should tell them to piss off.

During the disastrous captaincy spell of Dilshan, Mahela was still very active on the pitch, field placings...talking to bowlers and at times talking to Dilshan about bowling changes and what not.

Shakib is already a leader...he leads through example...but time for him to become more involved without the annoying off field captaincy hassles(mushfiq can have the glory and blame)

Navo
September 25, 2012, 11:49 PM
No but by the style of the prose one can guess it was marinating for some time what with idyllic references to passions in "Dhaka" and "Calcutta". What does Calcutta have to do with Bangladesh cricket?

He was merely making the point, through a rhetorical device, that Bengalis, as an ethnic group, are a passionate lot and this is evidenced in our shared history pre-1947 and our distinct history post-1947.

Dilscoop
September 26, 2012, 12:35 AM
Great read. This is not an "insult," it is the truth.

Shartaz
September 26, 2012, 12:45 AM
Whats not to say Mr. Purohit's own article is "misplaced aggression", thereby he is admitting his own " feelings of inferiority".

The thing is Mr. Purohit is a young high-strung journalist, who probably doesn't have a woman in his life, therefore he has to find a release for all that testosterone - his cricinfo articles.

I am more than willing to take criticism for how crap our team is, but not this.

Dilscoop
September 26, 2012, 01:08 AM
Umm look at some of these defensive comments in this thread. LOL. This is exactly what this guy is talking about on that report. Only reason you guys are hating on him because he is an Indian, or non-Bangladeshi. If Isam wrote it, it would have been a masterpiece, although, IMO, it wouldn't have been as effective.

For all you know this guy could be the biggest Bangladeshi cricket fan and wants this team to stop celebrating little things.

Beating a top team and taking lap around the ground is not justified. This isn't the 99's team. You can't tell me Abul's celebration after Nazir's wicket was justified after he pretty much gifted Nazir with 75 runs and a match winning inning. You can't say Rahim's pre AND post game comments were not worthy of criticism. You can't tell me the **** that comes out of Tamim-Nasir-Staffs' are not loser mentality. I see threads on all of those things, and pretty much stating the same feelings. Except, it's ok because it's done by our own? But it's not ok when an outside points it out?

Truth is the truth. Deal with it.

WarWolf
September 26, 2012, 01:11 AM
Unless we can fix the issues with pace bowling, generate a few good offie and leggie we are never a good team for winning matches regularly.

al Furqaan
September 26, 2012, 01:46 AM
He was merely making the point, through a rhetorical device, that Bengalis, as an ethnic group, are a passionate lot and this is evidenced in our shared history pre-1947 and our distinct history post-1947.

What are bengalis? Are they like gypsies?

Rifat H
September 26, 2012, 01:50 AM
Great read. This is not an "insult," it is the truth.

Agree :up: Dont konw about others but it is enough for me. Khali Shakib ar batting download kore bar bar repeat kore dekhe satisfied hoar ar iccha nai.

al Furqaan
September 26, 2012, 01:51 AM
Here's how we know this is most likely not a piece of tough love. Bangladeshi posters at cricinfo got a mention. Has anyone seen that before? Clearly someone got under his skin and he's been waiting for a chance to put this article up. Just change the date. Indopak cricket fans ooze the worst kinds of bakwas, not even veiled as anything else...where's there mention after 0-8? Our last internationals appearance on a televised stage wouldn't work because it was the AC final. And immediately after, whoop there it is!

shakibrulz
September 26, 2012, 02:02 AM
Stoopid article is stoopid. I haven't seen hardly anyone who hasn't been vehemently critical of Bangladesh team here. In fact I think I'm pretty much the only one who jumps in for their defense since I think they're being unfairly critical. Nothing constructive, I could've posted any ramblings of an angry BD fan, at least they would have a better perspective on things than this guy.

There's constructive criticism, and then there's idiotic ramblings about the shortcomings without any objectivity. This article belongs to the latter.

zahidnyc
September 26, 2012, 02:13 AM
how is in this earth musfiq gonna say we have nothing to lose , i mean really ? after 13 years in international arena hes gonna say that ,

Imteaz
September 26, 2012, 02:14 AM
Nothing to say against the article. 100% Truth.

Navo
September 26, 2012, 02:32 AM
What are bengalis? Are they like gypsies?

Bengalis in the Anglicized form or 'Bangalees' in our own nomenclature, is what the people of Bangladesh are known as. That is the literal definition. You would know this if you'd ever read the Constitution of the People's Republic of Bangladesh (Article 6(2) if you're interested). It is also what the people of West Bengal and large communities in Assam, Tripura, etc. consider themselves to be.

Revolutions in Kolkata prompted revolutions in the erstwhile Dacca, Assam, etc. and vice versa. Revolutions that started in Park Circus in Kolkata would affect the rights of dock laborers in Chittagong and unrest in Sylhet would affect policy in Kolkata. Again, you'd know this if you'd ever take the time to read about the abolition of permanent settlement and peasant rebellions, the lives of Sher-e-Bangla Fazlul Haq and HM Suhrwardy and contemporaneous labor leaders, the early years of Maulana Bhashani, Bangabandhu, etc.

In sum, as Bangalees have always been at the vanguard of revolutions, the writer was using it as a literary device to call for a revolution in our cricket.

dash
September 26, 2012, 03:28 AM
Good read..nicely put..I found his tone more of a frustrated fan than a critic...however this is more of a social problem...look around our society there is almost an obsession with mediocrity where most things are mediocre ..interms of cricket I still think we have more belief thann for example pre Watmore era..

simon
September 26, 2012, 03:41 AM
one side of me says,this is good ,we need all the bashing & criticisms, we deserve it, it's the bitter truth, let our coaches/BCB & some players read this & reply in the field.
But then again this article sounds like coming from a fan (or a negative poster)
It was wrote on a purpose to raise questions about our team etc.
This is like "Dear BD( BD diss)" thread
Even if it was a BDeshi reporter we wouldn't take it positively.

But I'm more annoyed with our so called "tigers" for making opportunities to these reporters for "dissin" us.

Dilscoop
September 26, 2012, 03:56 AM
Good read..nicely put..I found his tone more of a frustrated fan than a critic...however this is more of a social problem...look around our society there is almost an obsession with mediocrity where most things are mediocre ..interms of cricket I still think we have more belief thann for example pre Watmore era..
Yup same here. ESP. when I read the title, I thought "here we go again, here comes 'take away this, take away that' article." But it wasn't like that at all. But even if he is being a critic, I don't see why we should get angry at this. Lost to 5 club teams prior to WC and got trashed by NZ and Pak, followed by endless excuses and pathetic comments from the players. It's not shocking that someone said those things out loud (outside of BC).

Also, Navo cleared it out perfectly. Some people are just little too insecure.

Maysun
September 26, 2012, 04:46 AM
Agree with dash!

al Furqaan
September 26, 2012, 05:03 AM
In sum, as Bangalees have always been at the vanguard of revolutions, the writer was using it as a literary device to call for a revolution in our cricket.

Thats his stated objective. I don't buy it. I can't prove it, but we couldn't prove OJ did it either.

The author to me doesn't look like he follows BD cricket except to throw in a good left jab every now and then when we're down on the mat with the ref counting to 10. If he knew just how dominant Shakib is in our setup he wouldn't have asked where is our Pataudi or Ranatunga. He'd have known that Shakib is our Superman.

Further his sucker-punches at the fans and the media were about as classy as Mike Tyson telling female reporters he'd answer their questions only after they service him orally. To top it off, I highly doubt they're even true. Are we to believe that our media - however inept they might be at cricket reporting - are stupid enough to cheer inside edges for four? I dunno about you but that was pretty damn condescending.

Crisis
September 26, 2012, 05:24 AM
Good honest article.
The guy said what needed to be said.

Without Mash, our pace dept. is toothless.
Our spin dept. is just full of SLA's. No offspinners or leg spinners.
Our batting is made up of Shakib and Tamim only. Rest are not dependable.Rest of the batsmen are just place-fillers.
All-rounders ... we only got one whereas in major teams, 50% of the team is made up of all-rounders.
Captaincy is rubbish - no matter who you give it to. And, if you give it to a performing player, their individual performance takes a nosedive.
Selectors continue to be crap. These ex cricketers are useless - get rid of them and employ specialist selectors.

Batting wise, we are also content at making 50, if our batsmen make 50 max, they think its the same as they scored 100. 100 korbo ? Pagol naki ? 100 kora amade rpokhkhey impossible. Amra ki Australia naki ?

OMG
September 26, 2012, 06:03 AM
Come on...yesterday out of the 6 4 of the batters stepped up to the mark. If tamim didnt slip we might hav had a extra 20 runs.

Dont forget our batters where the ones facing "a world class attack" their batters were facing a mediocre attack.

Indian couldnt defend 180 or woteva against them so how could we?

But excuses aside I agree our cricket needs a kick up the arse!! We need more international games in all the formats...and no I dont just mean against zimbos...but top 8 teams.

Wakidul
September 26, 2012, 06:23 AM
Wonder if any of our players will read that.

post a link of this to mushfiqur rahim on twitter. I was screaming at mushy to jus give the strike back to shak. Its common sense when one batsmen was playin with such flow u give as much of the strike to him as possible.

mamba
September 26, 2012, 08:12 AM
Thats his stated objective. I don't buy it. I can't prove it, but we couldn't prove OJ did it either.

The author to me doesn't look like he follows BD cricket except to throw in a good left jab every now and then when we're down on the mat with the ref counting to 10. If he knew just how dominant Shakib is in our setup he wouldn't have asked where is our Pataudi or Ranatunga. He'd have known that Shakib is our Superman.

Further his sucker-punches at the fans and the media were about as classy as Mike Tyson telling female reporters he'd answer their questions only after they service him orally. To top it off, I highly doubt they're even true. Are we to believe that our media - however inept they might be at cricket reporting - are stupid enough to cheer inside edges for four? I dunno about you but that was pretty damn condescending.

Does this poster wonder why the author of the article being discussed mentioned MAK Pataudi and Ranatunga and not other great cricketers that came out of the respective countries? It is because

It was under MAK Pataudi's Captaincy that India won the first test series abroad. He made the players believe in excellence and shun mediocrity .

It was under Ranatunga that SL won the world cup. Ranatunga bought in the belief that their team were not mediocre but were equal and better than the rest of the world.

It is this type of person, a leader, who can change the mental block of the team that they are as good as any other team in world cricket, that the author is asking for from the BD team.

Shakib is an amazing bowler and a better batsman may be better then the above two mentioned players but I dont think he can instil the belief, like he has in his abilities, to the other members of his team

Antora
September 26, 2012, 08:30 AM
I found this article ammusing (kind of). Anyway, he said the truth...which could've possibly been presented in a nicer way?

cricket_king
September 26, 2012, 08:32 AM
Shakib is an amazing bowler and a better batsman may be better then the above two mentioned players but I dont think he can instil the belief, like he has in his abilities, to the other members of his team

That's a very good point. Shakib is a fantastic player, but he doesn't appear to have the ability to lift individual players when they're down. He appears to be the more aloof type. Of course, this is just speculation.

crikss
September 26, 2012, 09:09 AM
what's new in this article...we already know we suck..how this article gonna help us out if we ourselves don't even improve

shuziburo
September 26, 2012, 09:54 AM
Until we have a performance-based system where "you perform or be left behind" our players will not learn.

shuziburo
September 26, 2012, 09:54 AM
Also, Mushy's captaincy was nothing short of horrible.

AsifTheManRahman
September 26, 2012, 10:10 AM
Regardless of any hidden motives that the author of the article might have (I'm not saying that he does and I'm not refuting claims for the motion - I'm just saying I don't give a crap), nothing he has said is a lie. We've been playing cricket since 1975, ODIs since the 80's, have had ODI status since '97 and have been playing professionally for over a decade now. It doesn't matter what others do, but we have to focus on ourselves. I think the author is absolutely right to criticize our propensity to laud mediocrity - this culture of being satisfied too easily has prevailed for too long and needs to go.

Shartaz
September 26, 2012, 12:41 PM
Here's how we know this is most likely not a piece of tough love. Bangladeshi posters at cricinfo got a mention. Has anyone seen that before? Clearly someone got under his skin and he's been waiting for a chance to put this article up. Just change the date. Indopak cricket fans ooze the worst kinds of bakwas, not even veiled as anything else...where's there mention after 0-8? Our last internationals appearance on a televised stage wouldn't work because it was the AC final. And immediately after, whoop there it is!

This. Exactly. Someone has some common sense. It takes some skill to understand what is genuine and what is not.

He might not have any hidden motive but it is clear why he wrote this article.

Dilscoop
September 26, 2012, 01:05 PM
Ok great, he is chucking feces at us. Believe what you will, but it's time we have a "revolution." it's time find a Ranatunga. It's time to stop celebrating little step. It's time...

And the fact is like that you guys are so worked up over this proves all his points. Good thing it's only like 2-3 of you. Majority approve this feces chucker.

OMG
September 26, 2012, 01:28 PM
The things mentioned in this article had a ring of dejavu to it. The things he mentioned 'bd fans celerbrate everything like its world cup' is something that i constantly read on pak n indian forums everytime bd wins something. I mean wth? God help them if we ever win a WC den dey wil know how we reallu celebrate world cups lool

cricheart
September 26, 2012, 03:32 PM
The things mentioned in this article had a ring of dejavu to it. The things he mentioned 'bd fans celerbrate everything like its world cup' is something that i constantly read on pak n indian forums everytime bd wins something. I mean wth? God help them if we ever win a WC den dey wil know how we reallu celebrate world cups lool

loved that line.:up:
Purohit babaji ekta ready made article likhte boslo, topic-ta jeno ki? ahh.. Bengal Cricket revolution... public khabe kokhon? When Bangladesh looses :yawn:
Passion for this game for BD fan is unparalleled to anyone, making outsiders jeolous in big. Despite high loosing ratio BD fans aint lost interest in it, uprising of cricket revolution never fall down here & never will be. Unlike many other countries Fans dont desert cricket here, they just kept growing bigger. I back Navo's view that this article lacks understanding about BD fans. Article is more directed towards with mockery those failed players who are representing Bangladesh. Purohit will see how broad hearted we are when cricket will be back on our home soil and we'll fill the gallereis to cheer for our side.
Akkhep ektai eto run koreo Pakistanke harate parlam na :facepalm:

Aramaic
September 26, 2012, 03:38 PM
Truth always hurts!

We have been playing Cricket for a long time now and have been saying 'dont worry we will be good in 5 years', this has been said a few times now and yet no real improvement. We need to stop making excuses for our players!

What exactly have we done to justify our test status? Most of our players have had PLENTY of International exposure so lack of experience cant be blamed.

We need to improve our domestic game, use variety of spin, change mentality of approaching a game, prepare various wickets and find a couple of quality pace bowlers.

With the current set-up, all we can hope for is once in a blue moon wins - To me thats just not good enough

betaar
September 26, 2012, 04:15 PM
Looks like most of us are ready to kill the messenger.

But to be fair to some of the posters here, intension of an article or criticism can be misunderstood based on the delivery and the deliverer. If this was written by one of ours, Md. Isam, we would say "nailed it!!". But since it's written by a non-Bangladeshi, we are saying, "nail that bastard".

Dilscoop
September 26, 2012, 05:21 PM
^^ Plagiarism!!

betaar
September 26, 2012, 05:45 PM
^^ Plagiarism!!

From where? Could you care to elaborate? :ohno: Not sure if I missed any post here that stated the same, unless you are referring to my take on the whole article.

Gowza
September 26, 2012, 06:13 PM
Truth always hurts!

We have been playing Cricket for a long time now and have been saying 'dont worry we will be good in 5 years', this has been said a few times now and yet no real improvement. We need to stop making excuses for our players!

What exactly have we done to justify our test status? Most of our players have had PLENTY of International exposure so lack of experience cant be blamed.

We need to improve our domestic game, use variety of spin, change mentality of approaching a game, prepare various wickets and find a couple of quality pace bowlers.

With the current set-up, all we can hope for is once in a blue moon wins - To me thats just not good enough

you are correct about the domestic structure. when it comes to tests though the sad fact is BD doesn't get enough matches to get the experience in that format. when you think that they've played not even one test match this year you think wth, and when you see that they've played like 4 or 5 in the last couple of years it's another wth. they don't get enough exposure to test cricket.

of course domestic structure does need improvement and there is a lot to improve on which would no doubt hugely improve international performance.

as far as underachieving, it's being said because the progress for BD has been so slow, but there is still progress at least.

BrianLara7
September 26, 2012, 07:14 PM
this is why we never improve, nobody has the guts to take criticism. So what if this guy is Indian and BD hater (just assumption, no proof) and has said some debate able things in the article? Can we deny a lot of what he said is a fact? Do our players (Shakib excluded, as always) have the balls to read this article (dont know if some even have the intelligence) and take it to heart and respond on the field (consistently, not once a year fluke)? If anything they should use this as a fuel instead of just complaining about others hating, like some of us fans are doing.

Dilscoop
September 26, 2012, 08:00 PM
From where? Could you care to elaborate? :ohno: Not sure if I missed any post here that stated the same, unless you are referring to my take on the whole article.

Lol. I said the same thing on page one.

Zunaid
September 26, 2012, 08:05 PM
Lol. I said the same thing on page one.

You may have said it first, but he said it better. :)

Night_wolf
September 26, 2012, 08:11 PM
Ok great, he is chucking feces at us. Believe what you will, but it's time we have a "revolution." it's time find a Ranatunga. It's time to stop celebrating little step. It's time...

And the fact is like that you guys are so worked up over this proves all his points. Good thing it's only like 2-3 of you. Majority approve this feces chucker.

Another MLC perhaps?

Dilscoop
September 26, 2012, 08:14 PM
Another MLC perhaps?
We shouldn't have ended the first season early just for these last 2 BS matches. :smh:

Isnaad
September 27, 2012, 02:40 AM
The last paragraph was of substance. Very well ended article.

simon
September 27, 2012, 11:48 AM
on a TV show I watched yesterday, the host and the former cricketer RAkibul Hasan discussed about this article and both agreed that it wasn't a harsh criticism but it seemed the guy is passionate abt BD cricket.
Then the host asked RH who he thinks can be the leader of BD cricket, he said that with all due respect to Mushy he thinks Mushy is a good captain but if it's a true leader it has to be Sakib.