PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with premier and 1st division league?

Nasif
March 22, 2004, 03:53 AM
Just read the news about the situation of no league this year (NEWS LINK) (http://www.thedailystar.net/2004/03/22/d40322040238.htm). What the deal with this? I thought BCB is actively promoting professionalism. Then why are they kicked around by the big clubs.

This will be really bad for the players whose sole income is the league. I really hope they can find a way to play the league.

Mahmood
March 22, 2004, 02:46 PM
Well, the players dont want to play 2 league in the same one year for one years pay. The clubs dont want to pay 2 years salary for one year playing 2 leagues.

It is stuck.

rafiq
March 23, 2004, 02:48 AM
I see amader priyo abong ottanto apon Arafat bhai has become de facto decision maker at the BCB. Development committee chairman? Funny how that works, doesn't it?

Pundit
March 23, 2004, 12:06 PM
Was struggling to find a relation between BCB development cmte. and the league situation anywhere ?

For that matter, any relation between the league fiasco and Mr. Arafat, in the news bulletin ?

Mr. Arafat must be really busy granting favors to some, AND NOT TO OTHERS.

fwullah
March 23, 2004, 12:21 PM
Did you see the news of start of a regular Office league tournament?

Grameen and others are interested to play their own cricket teams in those office leagues, Its really great to see that organizations besides the clubs are coming in to help fund the local players.

At least there's the hope that the monopoly of the private clubs will stop somewhere.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 26, 2004, 11:45 PM
jaihok,
asha kori kichu akta hobe. je legaue hok na keno, je nami hok na keno asha kori kichu akta hobe ebong shara bochor hobe. ebong asha kori onek player hobe. ete kori kintu sponsor shokha barbe. ebong ete kore khelatai akta notun matra ashbe bole mone kori karon amar mone hoi ete khelar qualitio improve korbe. dannabad.