PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps we are just not good enough (now)

Zunaid
September 26, 2012, 07:38 PM
Why can we not admit it? We are just not good enough.

With the exception of one or two players, the team is packed with mediocre players and pipeline doesn't look promising. With the exception of just a few players, the team is full of also-rans and the pipeline looks bleak.

We are just not a very capable team - be it in T20s, ODIs, or Tests. How else have we been losing on a regular basis to associate teams during the run up to this world cup? Yeah, we can beat the top 8 once in a while but unless our losses to the associates are considered upsets, there is nothing for us to be proud of.

Am I pessimistic? Yes, partially. I have noticed a certain regression in team. Granted we've had ups and downs but the projection was always upwards. We were moving up - albeit not as fast as I would have liked but we were.

Ever since the WC we seem to have been on a downward trajectory. Only the skills of Shakib and Tamim with the occasional contributions by a few others have given us some periods of joy. The rest of the time, it has been painful to watch the mediocrity and the way this mediocrity is celebrated.

Our sights should be set forward on the Kiwis and the Windies and not behind us. At this stage, beating the likes of AFG and IRL should be a given, no matter how quickly they are developing and how strong they are now. If we do not, the implications is that not only are we not developing, we are regressing.

Look at where the team stands now.

We really only have Tamim and Shakib. Mushy seems to be in a very long off-form patch. Nasir hasn't quite matured enough to bring real value. Zia is unTested (pun intended). All the other batsmen are just water boys. We have no one else a power hitter. We have no one else who can stay the course. The team hasn't yet mastered the simple skill of running between the wickets. They get bogged down and thy hit out (and get out) under pressure.

As for bowlers, the picture isn't rosy either. Rubel is missed. Mash is getting old (while he is still young) and doesn't have the brains to bowl at the death. All the remaining pacers are that in name only. Let's face it - the bowling is one-dimensional. We have a slew of SLAs who are as wont to give gifts (ala Razzak) as to take wickets (ala Shakib). We have not variety - no offspinner, no leg spinner, and no real fast bowler.

The biggest issue I see is the bipolar disease of complacency and lack of self worth. This is quite evidence from the garbage that spews from the mouths of our cricketers when they are interviewed. They are complacent enough to not work professionally. They are complacent enough to be satisfied celebrating scraping through a series with an associate. They have a serious case of " we are not good enough-itis". If you do not think you are good enough, you will never be good enough. I do not see a professionalism - I do not see a professional work ethic. All I see is a bunch of overpaid crybabies chaperoned by a bunch of overpaid guardians who may not be doing the job they need to be doing. I will hold off on commenting on RP for now but in all other areas the team seem to have denatured - bowling, fielding, batting, cricket sense et al.

Ok, time to pack and catch a plane later today...

/RANT OFF

Gowza
September 26, 2012, 07:54 PM
BD has always been inconsistent against any team, there was a period of domination of zimbabwe, but over the last 3-4 years BD has been getting more wins in ODIs or if not winning making a better account for themselves, the improvement is there but it's slow.

shakib and tamim are our 2 best clearly. mushy has the skills but is inconsistent. nasir is an important prospect, so far he's had a good head on his shoulders and has played within his limitations, this mentality has brought him success, if more BD players played like this then they'd get more success to.

slowly but surely the team is getting better. tamim and shakib are there, i'm confident nasir will continue if not improve, i think mushy will eventually get there and i think anamul and mominul are vital prospects for BD.

the bowling future is harder to predict, we have some solid SLAs who will continue to be solid i'm sure and we always have some in the pipeline. but the thing is the selectors doni't really test the strengths of our offies or our pacers. we continually stick with the same pacer prospects which haven't been developing apart from rubel. there are performing pacers such as al amin, abu jayed, the left handed kamrul and possibly others who have done well but not been given chances even though guys like shafiul are continually selected and failing.

SS
September 26, 2012, 08:04 PM
Dr. Z great article and Shakib also concur with you...Great mind think alike

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-09-27/news/293001

BengaliPagol
September 26, 2012, 08:17 PM
Just get Mominul and Anamul into the team for crying out loud. Im fed up with the no intent attitude and in certain situations where we look lost. We might as well get newbies into the team who want to perform and get rid off the deadwood in the team.The batting crumbles in certain situations and its just disgusting how our boys cant deliver while the BD team have so many passionate fans all over the globe. They just dont want to improve. Simple as that.

For ODI's.
1. Tamim Iqbal
4. Nasir Hossain
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak/Elias Sunny
11. Rubel Hossain

Ive listed the players that are guaranteed in the team. The missing positions are ones that we need to fill so we can get rid off deadwood in the team ie Shafiul Islam and co. If we find good players who have the right work ethic for the missing positions then we would be a more better looking team. At this time Mahmudullah's position in the team is very questionable. The #2, #3 and #7 positions need to be filled with good players who can perform. I would like Imrul to continue being Tamim's partner in ODIs but we might look towards youngsters such as Mominul or Anamul. We are in dire need of a proper #7 batsmen. Till Mushfiq finds form i reckon he could bat at #7 for us. He doesnt fall under pressure as easily and he can make quick runs in the death overs.

A decent ODI XI
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Anamul Haque
4. Mominul Haque
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
10. BengaliPagol
11. Rubel Hossain

We are in dire need of pace bowlers. Hopefully in 2 years ill try breaking into the NSW's team as quick as i can and BCB notice that im Bangali and so ill move to BD and quickly get into the BD team ASAP. This is an emergency situation.
LOLjks but seriously we need pace bowlers... im just pissed that our pace bowlers have no brains inside their head.

For now id put Mushfiq at #7 so...
1. We can get rid off as much deadwood from the team as possible
2. He is out of form lately

We might also play both Sunny and Razzak in the same team depending on pitch and the team we are playing.

Zunaid
September 26, 2012, 08:23 PM
Dr. Z great article and Shakib also concur with you...Great mind things alike

He know his mind.

The most telling parts:

[বাংলা]এমন বড় আসরে এসে তো দেশের ক্রিকেটের সামগ্রিক অনেক কিছু আলোচনায় চলে আসে। বিশেষ কিছু কি কখনো মনে হচ্ছে আপনার?

সাকিব: আমার শুধু মনে হয়, আমাদের ক্রিকেটে প্রতিদ্বন্দ্বিতা খুব অভাব। এই যে টিভিতে ইরানি ট্রফি দেখছি, রেস্ট অব ইন্ডিয়ার সব ব্যাটসম্যানই বলতে গেলে সেঞ্চুরি করছে। দলে যারা আছে, তাদের ওপর চাপ তৈরি করছে। আমাদের দেশে ওটা কই? আমাদের বাঁহাতি স্পিনাররা বেশি খাটে, কারণ ওরা জানে দেশে অনেক বাঁহাতি স্পিনার আছে। আমাদের দেশেই যদি আমার মতো আরেকটা প্লেয়ার থাকত যে আমার মতোই পারফর্ম করছে, তখন আমাদের দুজনের পারফরম্যান্সই আরও ভালো হতো। মনোজ তিওয়ারির ঘটনা দেখেন না, সেঞ্চুরি করার পর ১০ ম্যাচ বাইরে বসে থাকল। আমাদের দেশে কেউ সেঞ্চুরি করলে তো নিশ্চিন্তে ম্যাচের পর ম্যাচ খেলে যেত। আপনি যত কিছুই বলেন, ধরে পেটান, এই কম্পিটিশনটা না থাকলে ভেতর থেকে ওই তাগিদটা আসবে না। সাঈদ আজমল সেদিন বলছিল, দুসরা শেখার জন্য টানা চার মাস ও বল করে গেছে, ওর বউ বল ফেরত দিয়ে গেছে। আমাদের দেশে কে এমন করে? সেদিন ও সাকলায়েনের সঙ্গে কথা বলল, দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার সঙ্গে খেলায় আমলাকে কীভাবে বল করবে জানতে চেয়ে। আমিও বসে বসে শুনলাম। হরভজন আর অশ্বিনের ঘটনা দেখেন না, অশ্বিন প্রতি ম্যাচেই ভালো করতে চেয়েছে, কারণ ও জানে হরভজন বাইরে বসে আছে। এখন হরভজন ফিরেছে, ওরা দুজনই আরও ভালো খেলবে। আমাদের দেশে এই প্রতিদ্বন্দ্বিতা ার খুব অভাব।

 এটার কারণ কী?
সাকিব: এটা বলতে গেলে অনেক কিছু আসবে। আজ এটুকুই থাক।[/বাংলা]

ialbd
September 26, 2012, 08:28 PM
^^^ Shakib is just so disgusted with the rest of the team. Everyone wants Shakib to win it for them with the bat & the ball and they'll join the celebration in the end...

Zunaid
September 26, 2012, 08:31 PM
^^^ Shakib is just so disgusted with the rest of the team. Everyone wants Shakib to win it for them with the bat & the ball and they'll join the celebration in the end...

Anybody just as disgusted as Shakib and I am? I know Atimar is. Does anyone agree that we have actually regressed the past year or so?

Gowza
September 26, 2012, 08:35 PM
Just get Mominul and Anamul into the team for crying out loud. Im fed up with the no intent attitude and in certain situations where we look lost. We might as well get newbies into the team who want to perform and get rid off the deadwood in the team.The batting crumbles in certain situations and its just disgusting how our boys cant deliver while the BD team have so many passionate fans all over the globe. They just dont want to improve. Simple as that.

For ODI's.
1. Tamim Iqbal
4. Nasir Hossain
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
11. Rubel Hossain

Ive listed the players that are guaranteed in the team. The missing positions are ones that we need to fill so we can get rid off deadwood in the team ie Shafiul Islam and co. If we find good players who have the right work ethic for the missing positions then we would be a more better looking team. At this time Mahmudullah's position in the team is very questionable. The #2, #3 and #7 positions need to be filled with good players who can perform. I would like Imrul to continue being Tamim's partner in ODIs but we might look towards youngsters such as Mominul or Anamul. We are in dire need of a proper #7 batsmen. Till Mushfiq finds form i reckon he could bat at #7 for us. He doesnt fall under pressure as easily and he can make quick runs in the death overs.

A decent ODI XI
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Anamul Haque
4. Mominul Haque
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
10. BengaliPagol
11. Rubel Hossain

We are in dire need of pace bowlers. Hopefully in 2 years ill try breaking into the NSW's team as quick as i can and BCB notice that im Bangali and so ill move to BD and quickly get into the BD team ASAP. This is an emergency situation.
LOLjks but seriously we need pace bowlers... im just pissed that our pace bowlers have no brains inside their head.

For now id put Mushfiq at #7 so...
1. We can get rid off as much deadwood from the team as possible
2. He is out of form lately

We might also play both Sunny and Razzak in the same team depending on pitch and the team we are playing.

i know a lot of us want mominul and anamul in the team as soon as possible but we need to be careful with them, they are our best performers outside the national team but they also need to show signs of succeeding at A team level or against quality attacks. i really hope they perform in the up coming A team matches because if they don't then there is reason to not select them just yet for the national team. i'm all for getting them in as soon as possible and really want them in now, but if they fail in these A team matches we have to question their readiness.

BengaliPagol
September 26, 2012, 08:43 PM
i know a lot of us want mominul and anamul in the team as soon as possible but we need to be careful with them, they are our best performers outside the national team but they also need to show signs of succeeding at A team level or against quality attacks. i really hope they perform in the up coming A team matches because if they don't then there is reason to not select them just yet for the national team. i'm all for getting them in as soon as possible and really want them in now, but if they fail in these A team matches we have to question their readiness.

Yeah i know that rushing them isnt the best option but im just so pissed that there is so much deadwood in the team. We have to get rid off them in order to be a better team. I have ZERO faith on Shafiul to do well. He just doesnt learn and it just worries me that he is our only option as a bowling choice.

And also im concerned about Mahmudullah

Gowza
September 26, 2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah i know that rushing them isnt the best option but im just so pissed that there is so much deadwood in the team. We have to get rid off them in order to be a better team. I have ZERO faith on Shafiul to do well. He just doesnt learn and it just worries me that he is our only option as a bowling choice.

And also im concerned about Mahmudullah

me to, don't like the deadwood. also agree, shafiul isn't learning and riyad is a concern atm.

zinatf
September 26, 2012, 08:48 PM
Anybody just as disgusted as Shakib and I am? I know Atimar is. Does anyone agree that we have actually regressed the past year or so?

Count me in. My avatar says it all!

ialbd
September 26, 2012, 08:49 PM

thing is Zunaid bhai, I am not as disgusted yet since I never expected much from our team in t20.. (as RazabQ bhai pointed out in a thread, we are just not physically strong enough to master this version)... but its easy to understand why Shakib feels this way...

we cant actually say we have regressed in t20 since we NEVER actually made that forward leap in t20.

The upcoming home series with WI will actually be a HUGE test for BD. It'll be easier to answer this question after that.

Having said that, dont know what I am expecting from our team in that series. This t20 WC has certainly left the whole team's morale in tatters....

Naimul_Hd
September 26, 2012, 08:54 PM
The blame should also go to Selectors. They are picking wrong players for wrong format. Nazmul Hossain should have been picked instead of Abul. Shafiul hasn't done anything to get picked. Why did they even pick 'Forhad Reza' ? What were they thinking ? And how long will we give chances to Razzaq ? He forgot how to ball, let along his miserable fielding and batting. Why is Enamul Haque Jr still ignored after his recent performances ?

We can't expect good results if we pick wrong players regularly.

Tiger444
September 26, 2012, 09:17 PM
Well you're right boss. We're just not good enough yet. Our batting is heavily reliant on Tamim and Shakib and our bowling is reliant on Shakib. We need to be good in at least 1 of the departments in order to defeat teams. Just a few good players is not enough to beat the likes of NZ and Pakistan. We should try to build a better batting lineup so that we can at least depend on our batting more. So next series I'd bring Anamul, Mominul and Shabbir. We're not going to know how they are until we try them out and it's not like Mushy, Riyad, and Ash are lighting up the world anyways. So why not try some of our younger talents? We saw that this team lost against the likes of Scotland, Holland, TnT, Ireland, Zimbabwe and a weakened SA team. S it's time to bring in new blood and give them a run.

riad
September 26, 2012, 09:22 PM
Losing [or even tight win] to Associates are not fluke. This WC result is expected though no one wished.
It is really upto the players I think. They are good enough to beat good teams but lags some "X factor" that Shakib pointed out rightly.

So next time you see a tight win against Associates you know what to expect next .... :ohno:

Jadukor
September 26, 2012, 09:39 PM

We were never good in T-20. Perhaps with the asia cup success we thought we would be better at it but it was not to be. I still have hope we can get things together at least in home condtions. I would like to see us back in the 50 overs format before i agree with this assessment.

roman
September 26, 2012, 09:47 PM
সাকিব: বললাম তো, যেভাবে হেরেছি এটা আমার পছন্দ হয় নাই। আমরা ১৭৫ করেছি, আমাদের তো টগবগ করার কথা। আমরা কমপক্ষে ১৫টা রান ফিল্ডিংয়ে সেভ করতে পারতাম। সাধারণ কিছু জিনিস থাকে। যেদিকে মাঠটা বড়, সেখানে ১০ গজ ভেতরে দাঁড়াতে হবে...এটা তো প্রতি বলে আমি বা ক্যাপ্টেন বলে দিতে পারব না। এটা তো কমন সেন্স। এই জিনিসগুলো খুব বিরক্ত করে। তার পর ধরেন, দেখছি একটা বল চার হয়ে যাচ্ছে, অথচ ফিল্ডার ডাইভ দিচ্ছে না। হয়তো ডাইভ দিয়েও বল পেত না, কিন্তু একজন ডাইভ দিলে আরেকজন ভাবে, ও পুরোটা দিচ্ছে, উৎসাহটা বাড়ে। যখন একজন দেখবে অন্য কেউ পুরোটা দিচ্ছে না, তাঁর পাশ দিয়ে বল যাওয়ার সময়ও সে পাশে পাশে দৌড়াবে, ডাইভ দেবে না। সবার কাছ থেকে এই জিনিসগুলো আমি চাই। যখন ক্যাপ্টেন ছিলাম, তখনো চেয়েছি। এখন ক্যাপ্টেন নাই, এখনো চাই। আমার মনে হয়, যত দিন খেলব, তত দিনই চাইব। আমরা সবকিছু ঠিক করে যদি হারতাম, আমার কষ্ট কম হতো। তখন ভাবতাম, কাগজে-কলমে ওরা আমাদের চেয়ে বেটার টিম, বেটার খেলেছে, আমরা হেরেছি। তাতে হয়তো খারাপ লাগাটা দশে দুই হতো, এখন ছয় হয়ে যাচ্ছে।

Now This is a deal breaker:facepalm:
I had no idea that this is how some of our players are. I am really shocked, heart broken. I know that we are not good enough,I know we suck, but alwways thought that our players are trying their best, always thought that they are playing for the pride of Bangladesh. never the thought came into my mind that the players were not giving 100% in the field. Why did I waste so much time of my life following these pathetic team? :facepalm:

NoName
September 26, 2012, 09:50 PM
Wish these were in English.

Zunaid
September 26, 2012, 09:54 PM
I think Shakib's interview needs its own thread and discussion.

Go here: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=1589522#post1589522

PoorFan
September 26, 2012, 10:23 PM
This is why we need Shakib as captain for long time and let kick those sissy a$$ on and off the field, if we ever to be more competitive.

Dilscoop
September 26, 2012, 10:38 PM
Scenario I:

Pretend Z is Indian/Pakistani. Replace "We's" with "You's"...

Zunaid
September 26, 2012, 10:52 PM
Scenario I:

Pretend Z is Indian/Pakistani. Replace "We's" with "You's"...

That'll get al Furqaan all riled up.

Navo
September 26, 2012, 11:05 PM
^^ Nicely put Dilscoop!

Btw, I agree with Jadukor bhai. We were never good in T20s to begin with and our flops against Associate, Affiliate, Practice, Para teams was enough to convince me that we wouldn't see much more than the usual pyrotechnics by one or two players.

Zunaid
September 26, 2012, 11:16 PM
^^ Nicely put Dilscoop!

Btw, I agree with Jadukor bhai. We were never good in T20s to begin with and our flops against Associate, Affiliate, Practice, Para teams was enough to convince me that we wouldn't see much more than the usual pyrotechnics by one or two players.

Not being good in T20 is the same as saying not good in ODIs and Tests. T20 shrinks the skills you need to know into a shortened but intense period - if you cannot master this, you cannot master the longer form. I think T20s are a better test for Tests than ODIs. I expect ODIs to die and only Tests and T20s to survive.

Jadukor
September 26, 2012, 11:25 PM
Not being good in T20 is the same as saying not good in ODIs and Tests. T20 shrinks the skills you need to know into a shortened but intense period - if you cannot master this, you cannot master the longer form. I think T20s are a better test for Tests than ODIs. I expect ODIs to die and only Tests and T20s to survive.

I disagree Z bhai. Truly great players can play well in all formats like Tendulkar, Hussey, Kallis etc but look at the likes of Imran Nazir or Raina or Afridi who become champions in T-20 but cannot succeed in Test cricket. T-20 amplifies the need for certain skills like speed and brute force whereas finesse, concentration takes a back seat.

Our players are not power hitters of the ball like Pakistan or India. We are more like the Sri Lankans who rely on skill and timing rather than brute force. Also, we do not have the mental toughness to survive under pressure for long sessions. This is why our best format has been the 50 overs game which asks for mid range concentration levels and a mid range shot making ability.

Zunaid
September 26, 2012, 11:31 PM
I disagree Z bhai. Truly great players can play well in all formats like Tendulkar, Hussey, Kallis etc but look at the likes of Imran Nazir or Raina or Afridi who become champions in T-20 but cannot succeed in Test cricket. T-20 amplifies the need for certain skills like speed and brute force whereas finesse, concentration takes a back seat.

Our players are not power hitters of the ball like Pakistan or India. We are more like the Sri Lankans who rely on skill and timing rather than brute force. Also, we do not have the mental toughness to survive under pressure for long sessions. This is why our best format has been the 50 overs game which asks for mid range concentration levels and a mid range shot making ability.

You mean midrange* skills? :)

*midrange = mediocre

Jadukor
September 26, 2012, 11:35 PM
You mean midrange* skills? :)

*midrange = mediocre

Didn't want to admit it myself hahaha

Jadukor
September 26, 2012, 11:45 PM
I do believe that more T-20 will lead to betters results in ODI for us. I think T-20 allows our players to express themselves and expands the range of shots they have. At the same time it instills belief that even whacking good bowlers around (e.g Gul) is possible on a good pitch. Lastly T-20 formats make our players get used to high pressure situations and all these reasons above should make it easier for our batters to succeed in the 50 overs format where the demand is much less from individuals (although home conditions would play a big factor with current bowling resources)

Navo
September 26, 2012, 11:50 PM
^^ If that was the case, then we'd see more quality T20 players transforming into good Test players rather than the other way around. Suresh Raina is an example of how, despite having the skills to do well in T20s, it hasn't transitioned neatly into the Test arena.

In some ways it could be argued that Tests and T20s require the most skill, objectively speaking. I think success in T20s requires a certain guile, along with skill, that seems to be beyond most of our players. A bowler, in his 4 overs, has to oscillate rapidly between bowling aggressively and bowling with the aim of containing runs. Unlike in ODIs and Tests, the whole momentum of the opposition's batting innings can be broken with a maiden or 1-run over - even if no wickets are taken. Unlike in Tests and ODIs, a batsman is considered to be 'getting their eye in' when they are scoring at a run-a-ball at the beginning of an innings. Fielding is more important than ever. How much these skills are transferable is another question altogether.

In terms of our success, T20s by nature don't have middle overs like an ODI and that is where we often win matches! In many instances when we've won matches, we've been able to apply a stranglehold on the opposition with our SLAs during this period. It's how we managed to defend scores of 220-230 or restrict the opposition to the same or less.

cricbook
September 26, 2012, 11:52 PM
Why can we not admit it? We are just not good enough.

With the exception of one or two players, the team is packed with mediocre players and pipeline doesn't look promising. With the exception of just a few players, the team is full of also-rans and the pipeline looks bleak.

We are just not a very capable team - be it in T20s, ODIs, or Tests. How else have we been losing on a regular basis to associate teams during the run up to this world cup? Yeah, we can beat the top 8 once in a while but unless our losses to the associates are considered upsets, there is nothing for us to be proud of.

Am I pessimistic? Yes, partially. I have noticed a certain regression in team. Granted we've had ups and downs but the projection was always upwards. We were moving up - albeit not as fast as I would have liked but we were.

Ever since the WC we seem to have been on a downward trajectory. Only the skills of Shakib and Tamim with the occasional contributions by a few others have given us some periods of joy. The rest of the time, it has been painful to watch the mediocrity and the way this mediocrity is celebrated.

Our sights should be set forward on the Kiwis and the Windies and not behind us. At this stage, beating the likes of AFG and IRL should be a given, no matter how quickly they are developing and how strong they are now. If we do not, the implications is that not only are we not developing, we are regressing.

Look at where the team stands now.

We really only have Tamim and Shakib. Mushy seems to be in a very long off-form patch. Nasir hasn't quite matured enough to bring real value. Zia is unTested (pun intended). All the other batsmen are just water boys. We have no one else a power hitter. We have no one else who can stay the course. The team hasn't yet mastered the simple skill of running between the wickets. They get bogged down and thy hit out (and get out) under pressure.

As for bowlers, the picture isn't rosy either. Rubel is missed. Mash is getting old (while he is still young) and doesn't have the brains to bowl at the death. All the remaining pacers are that in name only. Let's face it - the bowling is one-dimensional. We have a slew of SLAs who are as wont to give gifts (ala Razzak) as to take wickets (ala Shakib). We have not variety - no offspinner, no leg spinner, and no real fast bowler.

The biggest issue I see is the bipolar disease of complacency and lack of self worth. This is quite evidence from the garbage that spews from the mouths of our cricketers when they are interviewed. They are complacent enough to not work professionally. They are complacent enough to be satisfied celebrating scraping through a series with an associate. They have a serious case of " we are not good enough-itis". If you do not think you are good enough, you will never be good enough. I do not see a professionalism - I do not see a professional work ethic. All I see is a bunch of overpaid crybabies chaperoned by a bunch of overpaid guardians who may not be doing the job they need to be doing. I will hold off on commenting on RP for now but in all other areas the team seem to have denatured - bowling, fielding, batting, cricket sense et al.

Ok, time to pack and catch a plane later today...

/RANT OFF

I am not with u that.....we r not good enough.....if u look around ....u will see we have talent.....we r not getting it...just becas we r so narvous at the right moment.....except only shakib. but i belive, if we can make some changes in the team ...we will do much better......coming up wi series u will see the differance....anamul, mominul, anam jr.....they will be in the squad.....abul need to go....he still vir..n. so, we will come back strongly.....just one more thing....musy gotta go....sakib need to be back...just watch after that.....we r bangali...we can do anything in this world where other people can.....:flag:

Dilscoop
September 26, 2012, 11:59 PM
^ If only our batsmen avg. like the amount of dots and periods in that post..

Crisis
September 27, 2012, 03:24 AM
Nice post Zunaid chachchu. I completely agree with you. Lemme go get some stats of our win/loss ratio over the last 5-10 yrs.

Crisis
September 27, 2012, 03:45 AM
Dr. Z great article and Shakib also concur with you...Great mind things alike

SS bhai, nice article. Shakib was spot on. We have no competition for palces. Apart from Shahadat and Abul fighting for the ame place, no one else has a doppleganger who will take their place if they fail. This pressure to perform or get axed makes players become betetr and try harder. The way the team is, players think I'll stay in team forver now that I am in national team. Kar shahosh amar jayga nibey ?

AsifTheManRahman
September 27, 2012, 08:14 AM
I'm beyond disgusted and have been for a while now. But I might throw up if I start.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Mr.Cricket
September 27, 2012, 08:43 AM
Shakib ek God gifted allrounder. Amader jodo r 2 ta shakib thakto, tahole amra pakistaner cheye shoktishali team thaktam.

SS
September 27, 2012, 08:51 AM
We can discuss, strategize, analyze and also find the root cause, but we won't be able to plan, execute or monitor the progress or even implement our strategies. BC got very talented people who are way more over qualified than the management running the BCB. Unfortunately, we are here just to read, publish the news and discuss about it. I am not sure how much we can improvize or influence BCB thought process, planning process and overall implementation process. We discussed in several thread before about the analysis of our overall failure. But the discussion just remained within us. Unfortunately, this is becoming like our living room discussion about Bangladesh where we spend so much time thinking about the country but can not do anything due to complexity involved in the country to execute our well thought out plan.

SS
September 27, 2012, 09:01 AM
Shakib is different and his professionalisms have improved more due to his overseas experience and interactions with foreign world class players, coaches and team management

simon
September 27, 2012, 09:05 AM
I watched a t20 cup related program yesterday on banglavision "superover"
The guest was former cricketer Rakibul Hasan.
He said something interestingvthat i somewhat agree.
He said to the fans to not get too disheartened because T20 is not the real cricket , its mainly to raise money and entertain people.
He said he wants to see BD getting good resuls in ODIs and Tests.
That would prove if we r improving or not.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Mr.Cricket
September 27, 2012, 09:20 AM
If t2o wasn't real cricket, then it wouldn't be a part of cricket at all. Icc is not gonna stop promoting cricket just because bangladesh isn't good team.

ialbd
September 27, 2012, 10:09 AM
T-20 amplifies the need for certain skills like speed and brute force whereas finesse, concentration takes a back seat.

Our players are not power hitters of the ball like Pakistan or India...

t20 is such a power game. You need to hit 4 or 6 in atleast 30-40 of the 120 deliveries you get. this intensity is just beyond the physical capacity of our current team (there is only so much Shakib/Tamim can do)... I doubt if they can even do that against our u-19 team consistently...

when you see Mccullum coming down the track against Mash and playing a tennis shot for 6.... and our batsmen getting caught at mid-on... it says it all...

ialbd
September 27, 2012, 10:16 AM
He said to the fans to not get too disheartened because T20 is not the real cricket

well saying its not 'real' cricket is a bit excessive. We may not like it cuz we are horrible.. but I am sure its very real for a lot of cricketers ...

mufi_02
September 27, 2012, 10:28 AM
We were never good at T20s and we should admit it. We lost to Zim, Scotland, Netherland, T&T, IRE and got smacked by NZ and Pak.

But I don't agree our failure is due to lack of power-hitters. Yes, our general population might not be as strong as other cricketing nations. I can't compare myself with the Ind/Pak players here in USA and I admit that they have more power. But none of our national team players lacks powers. Shakib, TI, Mushy, Zia, Mash can all hit the ball out of the park at will.

Tamim had the biggest six in SLPL. Mushy can sweep the ball for six as we saw in SLPL and also against Ajmal. Shakib can just hoick the ball for six. Mushy's dropped catch was just mistiming and so was Nazir's drop by Abul. Not everyone has to be Watson, Gayle, Yusuf Pathan, McCullum, Dhoni or Afridi. You can be Kohli, Jayawardene, Amla, Hafeez and still be very good T20 players.

NoName
September 27, 2012, 10:41 AM
I agree we have power hitters, so the strength is not the problem, but I think it is the energy that most of our players are lacking in to properly play t20. You have to constantly score runs, 4's if not 6's, 3's if not 4's or 2's if not 3's.

ialbd
September 27, 2012, 10:42 AM
mufi bhai, as I said its about hitting 30-40 of them in an innings. Rotating the strike is just not good enough in t20.

Kohli, Jayawardene, Sangakara, Amla (Shakib should be in this list too) are VERY technically correct batsmen... they dont need to hit it hard... they can consistently find the gap for a boundary even if all the 9 fielders are standing on the ropes. actually this is even a tougher ask from our batsmen...

roman
September 27, 2012, 11:00 AM
It's the attitude of our players..They never want.to take that extra step. They take things for granted.. If you go through Shak's recent interview you'll know what I am talking about.

If they don't change their mindset, they can never improve. It's not their ability, its their sluggishness that is holding us back. They need some serious whipping.

AsifTheManRahman
September 27, 2012, 11:38 AM
I watched a t20 cup related program yesterday on banglavision "superover"
The guest was former cricketer Rakibul Hasan.
He said something interestingvthat i somewhat agree.
He said to the fans to not get too disheartened because T20 is not the real cricket , its mainly to raise money and entertain people.
He said he wants to see BD getting good resuls in ODIs and Tests.
That would prove if we r improving or not.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
This is a prime example of what's wrong with Bangladesh cricket. No one - not even Shakib - started taking T20s seriously until it was already too late. Why are we just "beginning to learn" how to play this format when it's been around for so long? "T20 to fun khela, ashol cricket na"...tomare ki BCB mashe mashe beton dey fun korar jonno? In the meantime, other teams, both ranked above and below us, have improved leaps and bounds and are way ahead of us. Any ICC approved and run version of the sport is real cricket and we absolutely can't afford to neglect a certain format, especially when we haven't done jack in the other two and our status as a cricketing nation is constantly under scrutiny. Where does all this complacency come from? From idiocy, that's where.

Raqibul Hasan is the epitome of Bangladeshi inferiority complex, a major contributor to our failures, and not just in cricket. This is the same guy who said we can't compete in T20s because we're not white :facepalm:. It's the same guy who can't tell the difference between Mohammad Shahzada and Shahadat Hossain, yet opens his mouth at "expert" panel discussions on TV during breaks in cricket matches. These are the reasons why I don't like and can't stand him, not because he was a sissy with the bat because let's face it - every uncle from the 70's, 80's and 90's except for Atahar Ali Khan was. His comments are also representative of denial and the excuse culture so typical of Bangladeshis and Bangladesh, both major hindrances to any sort of development/progress.

All of a sudden there's a sport that requires guts, quick thinking and aggression and our uncles are labeling it as "not real cricket" because they can't (or wouldn't be able to) take the heat. Even the word pathetic doesn't quite cut it.

simon
September 27, 2012, 11:39 AM
We were never good at T20s and we should admit it. We lost to Zim, Scotland, Netherland, T&T, IRE and got smacked by NZ and Pak.

But I don't agree our failure is due to lack of power-hitters. Yes, our general population might not be as strong as other cricketing nations. I can't compare myself with the Ind/Pak players here in USA and I admit that they have more power. But none of our national team players lacks powers. Shakib, TI, Mushy, Zia, Mash can all hit the ball out of the park at will.

Tamim had the biggest six in SLPL. Mushy can sweep the ball for six as we saw in SLPL and also against Ajmal. Shakib can just hoick the ball for six. Mushy's dropped catch was just mistiming and so was Nazir's drop by Abul. Not everyone has to be Watson, Gayle, Yusuf Pathan, McCullum, Dhoni or Afridi. You can be Kohli, Jayawardene, Amla, Hafeez and still be very good T20 players.

very much agree bro. :up:
Is Kalam or Imran Nazir or Jayawerdene or Dilshan or Sehwag or Kakmal are exceptionally big or strong like Gayle,Pathan,PollardWatson ?
No, they aren't.
I think it's more about the timing & skill which tamim & Sakib have.
Rest of our players lack power hitting skills & miss time it.
It's also about placement, good players will play shots in the air but even if it doesn't clear the boundary it will drop in safe places & go for a 4 .

prtikul
September 27, 2012, 01:49 PM
I think, this is the best Bangladeshi team in terms of talent,Yes they are weak as compared to other teams but team is on the right path. I don't mind when team looses after showing respectable performance.Scoring 176 runs against quality opposition like Pakistani is by no means an easy feat, Also performance in t20 games shouldn't be taken that seriously. By the way, you are turning into good Odi side at home conditions,just need to groom new talent.

kalpurush
September 29, 2012, 03:41 AM
I think, this is the best Bangladeshi team in terms of talent,Yes they are weak as compared to other teams but team is on the right path. I don't mind when team looses after showing respectable performance.Scoring 176 runs against quality opposition like Pakistani is by no means an easy feat, Also performance in t20 games shouldn't be taken that seriously. By the way, you are turning into good Odi side at home conditions,just need to groom new talent.
Welcome to BC :)

While I agree with you comment, though except the T20 part!

T20 is the future of cricket - OD cricket might not last next 20 years or so.
Only T20 will survive as fans are losing interests in OD cricket IMHO.

Test cricket will be only "ELIT's" sports - may be the top six will play to keep the history and its legacy!

Tigers_eye
September 29, 2012, 05:07 AM
With two new balls .... we are desperately in need of a good fast bowler. Ekta Raoch, Ameer, Malinga type player hoiley we would have been consistent. Finally take your catches. Why are you letting history slip through your fingers ever time? How many crucial catches we have dropped in every game? Regulation ones? We have concentration problem. BK, why do they lose concentration? Can you explain again for everyone?

zainab
September 29, 2012, 06:00 AM
The fast bowlers and spinners are a big problem for Bangladesh. batting can be improved, but the bowling and fielding need tobe addressed and quickly. When you see the quality of cricket by the other teams, then you realize how weak BD is. The coaching staff has to change this quickly before BD international cricket gets worse.

Miraz
September 29, 2012, 06:29 AM
We are too easily satisfied and get complacent. We do not have the hunger to get better continuously. It is too much hard work for most of our players. This is more of a cultural problem.

Nafi
September 29, 2012, 07:09 AM
Everyone forget about Asia Cup already?

We were never good at T20, and we are average when playing away from home.

Tigers_eye
September 29, 2012, 07:14 AM
We are too easily satisfied and get complacent. We do not have the hunger to get better continuously. It is too much hard work for most of our players. This is more of a cultural problem.Yes. But those same folks change drastically when they go abroad. Becomes workaholic almost at some point.

For our cricketers, if the same problem persists then the training they are doing by themselves or with a coach is not working. Can't use the brain as well.

Tigers_eye
September 29, 2012, 07:21 AM

Dear Naf,
Can't you not see the difference in players skills? At home everyone can show off. Now soon did it take us to forget the 4-0 NZ blasting which had Kalam bhai and choshma ala? On the other hand,that BD team didn't had Mash, Tamim, Ash. Yet with unknowns we did something that may not be achieved for quite some times. Format is not an issue. Missing braincells they are.

Practicing in the nets for hours. Hitting bowlers at will. However those same hits are out if instead of nets they had fielders around them. eta tho kau bolay na.

Miraz
September 29, 2012, 07:38 AM
Yes. But those same folks change drastically when they go abroad. Becomes workaholic almost at some point.

For our cricketers, if the same problem persists then the training they are doing by themselves or with a coach is not working. Can't use the brain as well.

Mijan bhai, not everyone. I have first hand experience about this and I sometimes get frustrated by the lack of commitment from our countrymen. I am co-supervising 7 PhD students and 4 of them are from Bangladesh. There is a huge difference in their work ethics and that of other students, and they probably feel that PhD is their divine right while others try to earn it.

BANFAN
September 29, 2012, 08:02 PM
We are too easily satisfied and get complacent. We do not have the hunger to get better continuously. It is too much hard work for most of our players. This is more of a cultural problem.

Yes I agree. If you walk around the village side, you will see guys relaxing with torn lungees and no tops. It's not because he is poor, he is lazy. He went out with a fishing net and he got 2/3 fish.... His lunch for the day is arranged, he won't like to work anymore. Or he did an hours of job and got the money for the day, he will relax, or even beggars got the money for the day, he will relax and get involved into unproductive activities ... Ending with quarrels. National characteristics...

Dream of 98 % is to pass and find a govt job.. I have found business people, who are happy to target only a living and they land up in problems when there is a bad time in business or an uncertainty catches him...

98% lacks a proper ambition in life, in anything they do... These beggars already got more than they ever imagined... So it takes some sincere back office efforts by the management to inspire that pride, self respect etc issues... These buggers even don't understand what those things are. I could see Abul, who had no change in attitude or behavior even after missing a lolly pop catch and missing at least 2 boundary line fieldings... He just felt that he has done a great heroic move my showing the people how he rounds like a star...

I'm utterly shocked seeing these guys ... I think we should get back some of the previous players like Rok, Junaid etc... Believe me they were lot more committed. I'm even shocked with Nasir in this tour.

Sometimes I felt, is there any partisan politics within the team again?? Are we again divided inside the team?? I thought Mushy was at least capable of keeping the team motivated at least.... Jey jaye Lanka shey e hoy Raban....?? Why our captains can't keep that momentum or intensity of captaincy all along their tenure? Why can't they just step down when he feels that he can no more take the burden of captaincy?? Why they didn't even learn from the srilankan captains on this regard..??

KaaL-PurusH
September 29, 2012, 08:29 PM

are you not concern with their attitude? they are not hungry to strive the top places. They dont have mindset to out think the opponent.

Yes we have forgotten the asia cup just like we all have forgotten that kenya played semi final in 2003 WC. would you like to see BD in same state like kenya?

Zeeshan
September 29, 2012, 09:44 PM
But WHY are we not good enough? The same team produces Shakib and Tamim also seems to produce Abul and Shafiul? Why? Jobab din! jobab din doctor shaheb!

I do echo about the cultural problems of poor work ethics. And Miraz bhai, tell those students who think that PhD is divine right: (tetaye tetaye) Oh chehara dekhe tomake digree dibo naa? alladir aar jaiga pau na. Jau buckhim ham palace giye darowan er kaaj koro...kintu hometaskk na kore A pabar asha koiro an

Zunaid
September 29, 2012, 09:57 PM
There is a thing called professional development. A professional is always working on improving - be it in sports or any other career.

Michael Jordan spoke to journalist about working overtime on his free throws. This was the season before he retired. He never stopped trying to be better than he was.

I'm no Michael J, but even I'm trying to improve myself. I completed my PhD in the late 90s, worked at IBM's Watson Research Center, have 20 plus publications and patents but I'm also taking online college courses. For example, I'm taking a course in Social Network Analysis from Stanford. I have my homework due this Friday. I'm also relearning how to play the guitar with my daughter.

Gowza
September 29, 2012, 10:11 PM
But WHY are we not good enough? The same team produces Shakib and Tamim also seems to produce Abul and Shafiul? Why? Jobab din! jobab din doctor shaheb!

I do echo about the cultural problems of poor work ethics. And Miraz bhai, tell those students who think that PhD is divine right: (tetaye tetaye) Oh chehara dekhe tomake digree dibo naa? alladir aar jaiga pau na. Jau buckhim ham palace giye darowan er kaaj koro...kintu hometaskk na kore A pabar asha koiro an

Yeah quite possibly due to work ethic. As others have said professionals are always trying to improve in their area's. shakib's recent comments kind of explains the weak mental area in BD cricket.

Ian Pont
September 30, 2012, 09:51 AM
Attitude starts at the top.

When Jamie Siddons tried to bring in stronger discipline, some senior players ran to the committee/president and complained they were being worked too hard.

Until and unless that sort of thing stops, nothing will really change. You have to understand why you need to work hard to compete with the Top 8 teams. To be honest, if that has to be even pointed out, you have lost the battle.

This is what REALLY stops BD cricket progressing - desire - and not just talking about it.

mij
September 30, 2012, 12:09 PM
Attitude starts at the top.

When Jamie Siddons tried to bring in stronger discipline, some senior players ran to the committee/president and complained they were being worked too hard.

Until and unless that sort of thing stops, nothing will really change. You have to understand why you need to work hard to compete with the Top 8 teams. To be honest, if that has to be even pointed out, you have lost the battle.

This is what REALLY stops BD cricket progressing - desire - and not just talking about it.

This is really shame for national team, representing your own country and complain about working hard, this is really unacceptable, that shows how much they care about playing for the country.

reyme
September 30, 2012, 12:29 PM
Boyz will remain Boyz... Until they are under the right guidance. Give this very team to Khaled Mahmud Sujan, and see instant progress...with an average team in DPL, he showed what a good coach can do!

Ahmed_B
September 30, 2012, 01:46 PM
[বাংলা]তাল গাছের আড়াই হাত...

হ্যাঁ...এই প্রবাদটাই মনে পড়ে বারবার আমাদের ক্রীকেটের বারবার হোঁচট খাওয়া দেখে। হয়তো শুনেছেন অনেকেই প্রবাদটা...অর্থটাও জানেন ভালই। তবুও যাদের কাছে এটা অপরিচিত, তাদের জন্য একটু ব্যখ্যা করি। তুলনাটা দিয়েছিলেন নটরডেম কলেজের একজন অংকের শিক্ষক...৮০% নম্বর পাওয়া ছাত্র আর ১০০% নম্বর পাওয়া ছাত্রের মধ্যে পার্থক্য বুঝাতে। এই দুজন ছাত্রের মধ্যে নম্বরের পার্থক্য মাত্র ২০, কিন্তু এই দুজনের ডিটারমিনেশন এবং পরিশ্রমের পার্থক্য আসলে প্রায় আকাশ-পাতাল।কারন ১০০ তে ৮০ পেতে যত পরিশ্রম করতে হয়...১০০ তে ১০০ পেতে পরিশ্রম করতে হয় প্রায় তার দ্বিগুন! কিন্তু তার সাথে তাল গাছের কি সম্পর্ক?! অবশ্যই আছে সম্পর্ক। কারন তাল গাছের শেষ মাথায় যে আড়াই হাত পথ...ওই শেষ ২০ নম্বরের মতই তা অতি দূরাতিক্রম্য!

এদেশের ক্রীকেট তাল গাছের ওই শেষ আড়াই হাতে এসে খাবি খাওয়া শুরু করেছে। কারন গোঁজামিল দিয়ে যদিওবা কোনভাবে ৮০ নম্বর পর্যন্ত যাওয়া যায়...পরের ২০ তো আর এত সোজা না রে ভাই!

সত্যি কথা হল...এই পুরো দেশটাই আটকে যাচ্ছে আড়াই হাতের চক্করে দিনে দিনে। কেন ভাইয়েরা খামাখা শুধু ক্রীকেটারদেরকে দোষ দেন? সাকিবের অন্তর্জ্বালার দিকে একবার ভাল করে দেখুন! এই ছেলেটা সত্যি সত্যিই যুগের চেয়ে অনেক আগানো এক ব্যক্তিত্ব। খুবই সরল ভাষায় বলে ফেলেছে সে কোথায় আসল গলদ। সেটা হল পারিপার্শ্বিকতা! নট এনাফ কোয়ালিটি প্লেয়ার্‌স ইন পাইপলাইন টু মেক ইউ টেক দা এক্সট্রা স্টেপ্‌স!

এবার আসেন ভাইয়েরা পাইপলাইনের সমস্যায়। নিষ্ঠুর সত্যি কথা হল...শক্ত প্রথম শ্রেনীর কাঠামো ছাড়া আজকে এদেশের ক্রীকেট যেখানে এসেছে, প্রত্যেক বাংলাদেশীর উচিৎ তাকে শতবার কূর্নীশ করা! কারন এটা একটা মিরাকেল্‌ ছাড়া আর কিছুই না! কেবলমাত্র খেলোয়াড়দের আর সমর্থকদের প্রচন্ড নেশা আর আবেগের জোরেই এসেছে এতদূর বাংলাদেশের ক্রীকেট! নয়তো এত দূর্বল প্রশাসন আর কাঠামো নিয়ে এত স্বপ্ন দাঁড়াবার কথাই না মোটেও!

আমরা আজকে খেলোয়াড়দের পেশাদারীত্ব, দেশপ্রেম, এদেশের মানুষের নীতিবোধ...চিত্তের দূর্বলতা ...এসব নিয়ে ভয়াবহ আত্ম-সমালোচনায় মুখর। কিন্তু টেস্ট স্ট্যাটাসের দশক পার হবার পরও রাজনৈতিক কামড়াকামড়ি আর আমলাতান্ত্রিক স্থবিরতায় জর্জরিত ক্রীকেট প্রশাসকরা দিতে পারেনি কোন পেশাদারী মেরুদন্ড এদেশের ক্রীকেটকে। দেশের মানুষের ক্রীকেট প্রেম আর কিছু পাগলা খেলোয়াড়ের (সাকিব তার মধ্যে বোধকরি এক নম্বর) উজাড় করা প্রচেষ্টা খেলাটাকে ৮০ নম্বরের কাছাকাছি তো এনেছে। কিন্তু ওই শেষ আড়াই হাত পার করবে কে? বিদেশী কোচ? বরফ-পানিতে চোবানো 'হাই-পারফর্মেন্স স্কোয়াড'?? নাকি কর্পোরেট স্পন্সর্‌শিপের 'প্লেয়ার হান্ট' প্রোগ্রামে খুঁজে পাওয়া কোন রত্ন???

কেও পারবে না এরা। কারন আমাদের দরকার সারা দেশ থেকে প্রতিযোগীতা করার মত মানের ১১১ জন...যার মাঝে বেছে বেছে নেওয়া হবে ১১ জন! এই মানসম্পন্ন ১১১ জনকে তৈরী করতে পারে কেবলমাত্র এবং কেবলমাত্র একটা উচ্চ মানের প্রথম শ্রেনীর কাঠামো।

শুনে রাখো বিসিবি...তোমরাই আজ আসল কালপ্রীট্‌! শুনে রাখো হে দেশের নোংরা রাজনীতির ধারক ও বাহকেরা... শুধু ক্রীকেট নয়, দেশের প্রতিটা সেক্টরকে আড়াই হাতের চক্করে আটকে দেবার সর্বৈব দায়ভার তোমাদেরই। যত দিন যাবে...সময়ের সাথে এই সত্যই বারবার সামনে আসবে। তোমাদের এই কুম্ভকর্ণের ঘুমের মাঝে দেশের খেলা...কিম্বা অন্য কোন পথে আসা সকল সাফল্য...তার সব কিছুকেই আমি অন্তর থেকে কূর্নিশ করি!!

আর তোমাদের দেই অন্তর থেকে ধিক্কার!!!...[/বাংলা]

oronnya
September 30, 2012, 01:54 PM

হ্যাঁ...এই প্রবাদটাই মনে পড়ে বারবার আমাদের ক্রীকেটের বারবার হোঁচট খাওয়া দেখে। হয়তো শুনেছেন অনেকেই প্রবাদটা...অর্থটাও জানেন ভালই। তবুও যাদের কাছে এটা অপরিচিত, তাদের জন্য একটু ব্যখ্যা করি। তুলনাটা দিয়েছিলেন নটরডেম কলেজের একজন অংকের শিক্ষক...৮০% নম্বর পাওয়া ছাত্র আর ১০০% নম্বর পাওয়া ছাত্রের মধ্যে পার্থক্য বুঝাতে। এই দুজন ছাত্রের মধ্যে নম্বরের পার্থক্য মাত্র ২০, কিন্তু এই দুজনের ডিটারমিনেশন এবং পরিশ্রমের পার্থক্য আসলে প্রায় আকাশ-পাতাল।কারন ১০০ তে ৮০ পেতে যত পরিশ্রম করতে হয়...১০০ তে ১০০ পেতে পরিশ্রম করতে হয় প্রায় তার দ্বিগুন! কিন্তু তার সাথে তাল গাছের কি সম্পর্ক?! অবশ্যই আছে সম্পর্ক। কারন তাল গাছের শেষ মাথায় যে আড়াই হাত পথ...ওই শেষ ২০ নম্বরের মতই তা অতি দূরাতিক্রম্য!

এদেশের ক্রীকেট তাল গাছের ওই শেষ আড়াই হাতে এসে খাবি খাওয়া শুরু করেছে। কারন গোঁজামিল দিয়ে যদিওবা কোনভাবে ৮০ নম্বর পর্যন্ত যাওয়া যায়...পরের ২০ তো আর এত সোজা না রে ভাই!

সত্যি কথা হল...এই পুরো দেশটাই আটকে যাচ্ছে আড়াই হাতের চক্করে দিনে দিনে। কেন ভাইয়েরা খামাখা শুধু ক্রীকেটারদেরকে দোষ দেন? সাকিবের অন্তর্জ্বালার দিকে একবার ভাল করে দেখুন! এই ছেলেটা সত্যি সত্যিই যুগের চেয়ে অনেক আগানো এক ব্যক্তিত্ব। খুবই সরল ভাষায় বলে ফেলেছে সে কোথায় আসল গলদ। সেটা হল পারিপার্শ্বিকতা! নট এনাফ কোয়ালিটি প্লেয়ার্‌স ইন পাইপলাইন টু মেক ইউ টেক দা এক্সট্রা স্টেপ্‌স!

এবার আসেন ভাইয়েরা পাইপলাইনের সমস্যায়। নিষ্ঠুর সত্যি কথা হল...শক্ত প্রথম শ্রেনীর কাঠামো ছাড়া আজকে এদেশের ক্রীকেট যেখানে এসেছে, প্রত্যেক বাংলাদেশীর উচিৎ তাকে শতবার কূর্নীশ করা! কারন এটা একটা মিরাকেল্‌ ছাড়া আর কিছুই না! কেবলমাত্র খেলোয়াড়দের আর সমর্থকদের প্রচন্ড নেশা আর আবেগের জোরেই এসেছে এতদূর বাংলাদেশের ক্রীকেট! নয়তো এত দূর্বল প্রশাসন আর কাঠামো নিয়ে এত স্বপ্ন দাঁড়াবার কথাই না মোটেও!

আমরা আজকে খেলোয়াড়দের পেশাদারীত্ব, দেশপ্রেম, এদেশের মানুষের নীতিবোধ...চিত্তের দূর্বলতা ...এসব নিয়ে ভয়াবহ আত্ম-সমালোচনায় মুখর। কিন্তু টেস্ট স্ট্যাটাসের দশক পার হবার পরও রাজনৈতিক কামড়াকামড়ি আর আমলাতান্ত্রিক স্থবিরতায় জর্জরিত ক্রীকেট প্রশাসকরা দিতে পারেনি কোন পেশাদারী মেরুদন্ড এদেশের ক্রীকেটকে। দেশের মানুষের ক্রীকেট প্রেম আর কিছু পাগলা খেলোয়াড়ের (সাকিব তার মধ্যে বোধকরি এক নম্বর) উজাড় করা প্রচেষ্টা খেলাটাকে ৮০ নম্বরের কাছাকাছি তো এনেছে। কিন্তু ওই শেষ আড়াই হাত পার করবে কে? বিদেশী কোচ? বরফ-পানিতে চোবানো 'হাই-পারফর্মেন্স স্কোয়াড'?? নাকি কর্পোরেট স্পন্সর্‌শিপের 'প্লেয়ার হান্ট' প্রোগ্রামে খুঁজে পাওয়া কোন রত্ন???

কেও পারবে না এরা। কারন আমাদের দরকার সারা দেশ থেকে প্রতিযোগীতা করার মত মানের ১১১ জন...যার মাঝে বেছে বেছে নেওয়া হবে ১১ জন! এই মানসম্পন্ন ১১১ জনকে তৈরী করতে পারে কেবলমাত্র এবং কেবলমাত্র একটা উচ্চ মানের প্রথম শ্রেনীর কাঠামো।

শুনে রাখো বিসিবি...তোমরাই আজ আসল কালপ্রীট্‌! শুনে রাখো হে দেশের নোংরা রাজনীতির ধারক ও বাহকেরা... শুধু ক্রীকেট নয়, দেশের প্রতিটা সেক্টরকে আড়াই হাতের চক্করে আটকে দেবার সর্বৈব দায়ভার তোমাদেরই। যত দিন যাবে...সময়ের সাথে এই সত্যই বারবার সামনে আসবে। তোমাদের এই কুম্ভকর্ণের ঘুমের মাঝে দেশের খেলা...কিম্বা অন্য কোন পথে আসা সকল সাফল্য...তার সব কিছুকেই আমি অন্তর থেকে কূর্নিশ করি!!

:up::up::clap::clap:

BANFAN
September 30, 2012, 01:59 PM

:up::up::up:

Very well said...and we'll written...

M.H.Rubel
October 1, 2012, 09:38 AM

Awesome post Bashir Vai. One of the best post of this year i have gone through.

Zunaid
October 1, 2012, 09:48 AM
Bravo Bashir!

roman
October 1, 2012, 09:50 AM
Superb Bashir bhai. Why don't you post frequently nowadays? Always have enjoyed your posts

playmaker
October 1, 2012, 10:14 AM
I said that BD were and still are minnows. I kept reminding that Asia cup was a fluke and people said that anyone who thinks like that has no respect for the team.

and where are the lullah supporters? Where are they?

Yeah BC Public talk nah :D