PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh, India, & Pakistan in the same group in 2014 ICC Wt20

Mr.Cricket
October 4, 2012, 09:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_ICC_World_Twenty20

I understand this world cup is 2 years later but thought this is big enough news for everyone to see! Please share your opinions :flag:

deshprem
October 4, 2012, 09:20 PM
this is bullcrappe. another tough group

Ajfar
October 4, 2012, 09:45 PM
This is not accurate. Someone made this up. How do they know Uganda will take part in this tournament? Associates have to go through a qualifying tournament in order to take part in WC T20.

Zunaid
October 4, 2012, 09:46 PM
Well - since we did not qualify for the Super 8s we are just the 3rd fill in spot. We got what we deserved.

World Champs
October 5, 2012, 12:26 AM
India vs Pakistan. So we are sure of atleast 1 win.E-)

I hope Bangladesh wins it in 2014. What a boost it will be for Bangladesh. What a scene that would be where thousands of Bdeshi fans dancing in the streets of Dhaka and enjoying their triumph.

GO Bangladesh.:up:

Isnaad
October 5, 2012, 12:34 AM
India sounds fine. But Pakistan? Again? You kidding me? How and why?

Jadukor
October 5, 2012, 01:10 AM
This is not accurate. Someone made this up. How do they know Uganda will take part in this tournament? Associates have to go through a qualifying tournament in order to take part in WC T20.

Exactly. This can't be true.
ICC website says the final qualifying tournament will be held in UAE during October 2013
http://www.icc-europe.org/events_and_awards/twenty20/wt20_2014.php

Edit: don't see Uganda anymore. Now i am confused

cricbook
October 5, 2012, 03:08 AM
india ..pakistan ...aki groupe thakai bd r aktu mal kamano shubidha holo....otherwise...arekta failing golpo lekha sara ar kisu hosse na.....next world cup ind will try to fight back....pakistan always tuff for bangladesh....and 3rd team if irish...tahole to kothai nai....euro desi....whitewash sara......bad luck.:facepalm:

cricbook
October 5, 2012, 03:10 AM
Well - since we did not qualify for the Super 8s we are just the 3rd fill in spot. We got what we deserved.

I guess we can only hope....

Naimul_Hd
October 5, 2012, 03:46 AM
Allah Allah koren bhais. Pak bhai der kache harte harte ar bhalo lagse na !!

simon
October 5, 2012, 03:58 AM
good bye India :wave:

Mr.Cricket
October 5, 2012, 06:37 AM
The surprising thing is that this is coming from wikipedia. Its tough not to believe wiki.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Ajfar
October 5, 2012, 07:12 AM
Edit: don't see Uganda anymore. Now i am confused

Someone saw us talking about it and edited the page. More reason to think its fake. I can't believe people are actually taking a link wiki seriously. Do people not read these days.

Tigers_eye
October 5, 2012, 07:14 AM
We had our chance and Ashraful destroyed it. Thank you very much. We were in a group with Ind and Ireland. Our capitano playing the cut shot (replay - which was dropped in the first place) then ruined the bowling rotation with giving the quicks instead of staying with the spinners against Ireland. Had we won against Ireland we would have qualified and would not have been trapped in this vortex. I said it then am saying it now. Instead of facing another minnows we are the minnows in others group. Can't get out of from this vicious cycle.

BANFAN
October 5, 2012, 08:34 AM

I think you are right.

Habib
October 5, 2012, 11:52 AM
The surprising thing is that this is coming from wikipedia. Its tough not to believe wiki.

On the contrary, it's the other way around. Or are you being sarcastic?

BengaliPagol
October 5, 2012, 07:41 PM
The battle of the subcontinent. I like it. It will crown who is the king. I would want this to happen because

a) It would be good matches to watch
b) It will test us
c) We are underdogs = less pressure = maybe suprise win?

The world cup is in 2 years. I want to see us improve in that time.

BengaliPagol
October 5, 2012, 07:44 PM
Actually forget what i said. We are going to get smashed :(

And Pakistan again? wtf

Its probably fake anyway cos it wikipedia...

Roni_uk
October 5, 2012, 08:01 PM
Wow.. Another group of 'death' ... Khek khek!!

Ajfar
October 5, 2012, 09:31 PM
^^^ Do you people not read? Now I'm convinced a lot of people around here don't read anything. People just read the first post and than skip to posting. It's not like anyone will read this post of mine, but here it goes. It's FAKE!!

Look I just edited the link myself and added Australia and Ghana to our group. Anyone can do this.

Zeeshan
October 5, 2012, 09:41 PM
^^^ Do you people not read? Now I'm convinced a lot of people around here don't read anything. People just read the first post and than skip to posting. It's not like anyone will read this post of mine, but here it goes. It's FAKE!!

Look I just edited the link myself and added Australia and Ghana to our group. Anyone can do this.

Lmao! Badax. Haha...epic Psy* baba.

*not to be confused with Ganjam style singer

al-Sagar
October 5, 2012, 11:12 PM
hmm ........ if it is true ...... bad luck india and pak ....... both are gonna be knocked out in group stage

Dilscoop
October 5, 2012, 11:49 PM
I'm more worried about our WC-organizers than our team or group position, esp when this will be broadcasted on ESPN3. The team will go down the drain, whether they are grouped with IND-PAK or AFG-NEP, that's a gimme.

BengaliPagol
October 6, 2012, 12:26 AM

im sure people read it. They just wanted to role play if Pak and Ind were actually in our group and the reactions that would come with it.

I went on the wikipedia page and now the groups have vanished :(

Dilscoop
October 6, 2012, 12:31 AM
BTW when does the logo come out? After the final?

Roni_uk
October 6, 2012, 06:34 AM

Lol - not really. No time to read except the title. This is how I also read newspapers.

regardless of what the body of the news says - the fact is whichever group we are in - the fans and desi mediums will unnecessarily call it a 'GROUP OF DEATH'

Australia, Ghana and Bangladesh? ---- > Group of death!!

kalpurush
October 6, 2012, 06:51 AM
Lol

Australia, Ghana and Bangladesh? ---- > Group of death!!
+ on LOL !!!

It's Ajfar's group of death!!
^^^

Rabz
October 6, 2012, 07:40 AM
All you have to do is find the seeding for this world cup and the group structure for the next.

Ireland will be seeded 9th as they had a washed out game against West Indies and got 1 point, though we have the 'best' RR amongst the four with -1.86 compared to Irish -2.09

So,
Sri Lanka/West Indies (1 and 2, undecided at this point)
Pakistan/ Australia (3/4, not in exact order)
India/England (5/6, not in exact order)
NZ/SA (7/8, not in exact order)

Ireland 9th
Bangladesh 10th
Afghanistan 11th
Zimbabwe 12th

So, if it is 2,6,10 and 14 in the same group, we'll get
SL/WI, Indi/Eng, Bangladesh and Associate.

Antora
October 6, 2012, 08:05 AM
Almost had a heart attack when I saw the title...then realised it was a wiki link! -_- but...it would be kind of interesting if that happened ...would be one hell of a group. :-|

Ajfar
October 6, 2012, 09:19 AM
I'm starting to think the guy who opened this thread is the guy who made up this wiki page. Just a few minutes after I edited that link I checked it again and by than he/she deleted all the made up groups.

Mr.Cricket
October 6, 2012, 10:05 AM
I'm starting to think the guy who opened this thread is the guy who made up this wiki page. Just a few minutes after I edited that link I checked it again and by than he/she deleted all the made up groups.

First and Foremost, please accept my apologizes for giving everyone a fake news and to get you so pissed off. And also, let me assure you that i had nothing to do with this page. Never edited it, but i was lurking through this years WC page and somehow i ended up on 2014 WC page. I saw that it had the groups up, so i had to share it. I didn't know anyone, you or me, could've edited this page.

Again, please to accept my apologies.

sharup
October 6, 2012, 10:55 AM
Ban Mr Cricket

Rabz
October 6, 2012, 12:01 PM
^^ You can't ban Mr Cricket from a cricket forum.
BC isn't that cannibalistic, yet !! :D

BrianLara7
October 6, 2012, 12:32 PM
The only way we will make super 8 is that if we face Ireland and Afghanistan in our group. Even then I won't be totally sure (we lost to Ireland in world t20 before)

BengaliPagol
October 6, 2012, 06:48 PM
LOL some guy edited it and now it says

Group A - Bangladesh, Fiji, Ireland
Group B - India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
Group C - New Zealand, West Indies, England
Group D - Zimbabwe, Australia, South Africa

Mr.Cricket
October 6, 2012, 07:15 PM
hahahah

Everyone please forgive me for my mistake of posting wrong news. Now I know for myself that this is fake. Don't know who's editing it all the time but it certainly isn't me. Tried but say i have to login and all that good stuff. No time, Sorry.

Dilscoop
October 6, 2012, 07:23 PM
I think that person is trying to say we belong with the likes of Fiji. Message received.

Roni_uk
October 6, 2012, 08:04 PM
LOL some guy edited it and now it says

Group A - Bangladesh, Fiji, Ireland <---------- Group of DEATH!!!

BengaliPagol
October 6, 2012, 08:52 PM
I think that person is trying to say we belong with the likes of Fiji. Message received.

maybe they want us to win?

BengaliPagol
October 6, 2012, 08:53 PM
Now those groups have vanished.

cricheart
October 7, 2012, 03:58 AM
Almost had a heart attack when I saw the title...then realised it was a wiki link! -_- but...it would be kind of interesting if that happened ...would be one hell of a group. :-|

oh yeah, definitely interesting; what other match can be more interesting than against India/Pakistan!

The title at least ensures that Bangladesh is playing wt20 2014 (with no qualifying issue) :D

Ajfar
October 7, 2012, 06:57 AM
^ we are hosting the next T20 WC, we don't have to qualify for it.

Banglaguy
October 7, 2012, 07:33 AM
^ we are hosting the next T20 WC, we don't have to qualify for it.

Also bare in mind full member nation will qualify for all ICC world events at this point (I think the 2019 world cup will be the first exception).

zinatf
October 7, 2012, 08:09 AM
Also bare in mind full member nation will qualify for all ICC world events at this point (I think the 2019 world cup will be the first exception).

Glad to see you here after so long BG! Do post more...:)

FaHiMa
October 8, 2012, 10:05 AM

lol same here. Wouldn't make any sense us being in the same group as Ind and Pak.

tiger_army
October 9, 2012, 12:45 AM
I cant see any grouping or logo in that Wiki site!!

Night_wolf
October 10, 2012, 04:33 AM
India sounds fine. But Pakistan? Again? You kidding me? How and why?

aibar ogo khaisi!!

Naimul_Hd
October 10, 2012, 05:40 AM
Please move this thread to Humor section. Every time it pops up gives me heart attack !

zinatf
October 10, 2012, 05:55 AM
Thank God it's humour! Phew! Almost had a heart attack seeing this thread :eek:

frd
October 10, 2012, 06:20 AM
someone plzz move this thread to humor section :facepalm: