PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2012-2013 season

Zeeshan
October 7, 2012, 10:54 PM
Come'on, no one interested?

NBA official website (http://www.nba.com/)

Go Lakers!

Any predictions for champions?

Rifat
October 8, 2012, 01:50 AM
I am rooting for the Thunder!

Leafs PWN
January 31, 2013, 09:03 AM
Raptors complete a trade to get Rudy Gay from the Grizzlies for Ed Davis, Calderon, 2nd 2013 and Cash. Gay will be the first legit 3 we've had since TMac but his salary is just atrocious. Think we gave up way too much for him. Ed Davis was starting to look like a real player this year, and is gonna make peanuts for the forseeable future. Gay's salary puts us 10M over the cap, meaning we won't be able to make any more solid additions. The starting lineup isn't bad, but we really need to dump Banana and get a good #4 if BC is gonna **** rebuilding and try to make the playoffs.

Gasol should be our next target. There has been rumors that have linked him to the Raptors. Josh Smith would be ideal but he isn't happening.

mufi_02
January 31, 2013, 11:22 AM
^ too late for this season. With a 16-30 record, and Boston and 76ers fighting for the no. 8 spot, it will be very hard for them.

It's the year for the Knicks :D

Leafs PWN
February 1, 2013, 12:31 PM
^ too late for this season. With a 16-30 record, and Boston and 76ers fighting for the no. 8 spot, it will be very hard for them.

It's the year for the Knicks :D

I agree, it will be very tough for us this year. We are 6.5 games behind the Celtics with a good 6ers team well ahead of us. However, without Rondo, I don't see Boston keeping up such a healthy lead over the other teams. I expect that lead to come down to about 4ish games just because of the lack of Rondo. If Gay works out, and Bargnani plays avg (or gets shippd out for Gasol :D), it might be more doable than you think.

However, I hope we miss the playoffs this year - then OKC can get our pick this year (via Houston for Harden, from Lowry deal) in a weak draft, where will be out of the top 5 for sure.

Next year, a starting 5 of Lowry-Gay-DeRozan-Bargs-Valenciunas seems like a pretty good one for the East. Now if we can find a decent backup PG (looking at you Barea), and Gasol/other competent PF, I'd be a lot more confident in making the playoffs.

Leafs PWN
February 1, 2013, 09:37 PM
And the Raptors welcome Gay by spanking the Clippers 98-73. Gay with 20 in 30 mins :D

zman
February 3, 2013, 05:49 PM
Go Lakers!

Any predictions for champions?

Lakers' roll of the dice on D12 and Nash has been a disaster so far. They had very little time to gel as a team and did too much experimentation with their system. However if they can manage to re-sign D12, and surround the quad of future HOFs with a few more solid young players like Earl Clark, they have a good chance next year.

I'm really excited for the Knicks though. After all these years they've finally arrived. They're a legit contender in the East and have a better shot than any other team in the east to beat Miami.

Leafs PWN
February 4, 2013, 02:41 PM
Zeeshan - I think this is the year for OKC.

Leafs PWN
March 4, 2013, 08:47 AM
LeBron is on another level right now.

Leafs PWN
March 21, 2013, 09:21 AM
Looks like no one can beat the Heat for one game. Forget about beating them in a best of 7 this year!

Dilscoop
March 28, 2013, 01:58 AM
Kinda pissed off that Heat didn't get to break the record....

Leafs PWN
April 3, 2013, 07:50 AM
What do you guys think is gonna happen with Howard? Does try to stick it out with the Lakers, or does he go somewhere else in the summer?

I think he'll stay.

Roey Haque
April 3, 2013, 08:11 AM
What do you guys think is gonna happen with Howard? Does try to stick it out with the Lakers, or does he go somewhere else in the summer?

I think he'll stay.

I reckon he'll stay as well. The only possibility I see is a trade with Hawks. Josh Smith will be a free agent, and Lakers might want to make a move. Also Atlanta is Howard's home town. Not that hometown ever matters in the NBA, or my Sixers would have had Kobe!

Tiger444
April 3, 2013, 06:50 PM

I think he'll stay.

He'll end up staying I think. The problems he's having with Kobe won't last long since he's retiring. So then it'll be Howard's team anyways so it doesn't make sense for him to leave.

zman
April 3, 2013, 07:22 PM
Howard will stay...He and Kobe have started to get along. They have a good starting five, problem is they're old and their supporting cast isn't very good. If it doesn't work out, they could always let go off Gasol, MWP and Nash to create cap space, and replace them with young, all star caliber talent. Howard knows that. Lakers are one of the few teams in the league that can get almost any player they want, with the exception of Lebron maybe. I doubt he'll have a better chance of winning a championship in the league with any other team.

Tiger444
April 3, 2013, 09:01 PM
Howard will stay...He and Kobe have started to get along. They have a good starting five, problem is they're old and their supporting cast isn't very good. If it doesn't work out, they could always let go off Gasol, MWP and Nash to create cap space, and replace them with young, all star caliber talent. Howard knows that. Lakers are one of the few teams in the league that can get almost any player they want, with the exception of Lebron maybe. I doubt he'll have a better chance of winning a championship in the league with any other team.

I agree Lakers will be good again. Sounds funny but I think once Kobe is gone the front office will have more breathing space. I respect Kobe as a player but he's always been a selfish and spoiled player who wants things his way. Once it becomes Howard's team, I'm sure they'll get younger talent to play with him.

Leafs PWN
April 4, 2013, 07:37 AM
I agree Lakers will be good again. Sounds funny but I think once Kobe is gone the front office will have more breathing space. I respect Kobe as a player but he's always been a selfish and spoiled player who wants things his way. Once it becomes Howard's team, I'm sure they'll get younger talent to play with him.

This is how I feel about it too. Howard is sure to see that after Kobe is gone, he will be the franchise player for one of the two most storied franchises. Plus its in LA, so the location is perfect too.

Once Kobe is gone, LA can focus on finding players who can work with others to complement Howard.

mufi_02
April 27, 2013, 03:44 PM
what happened? doesn't anyone follow NBA here. The playoffs are going on. Lakers are almost out, Knicks on a roll :D

My prediction

OKC vs Spurs (western conf.)
Heat vs Knicks (eastern conf.)

Tiger444
April 27, 2013, 05:01 PM
Ya Knicks are on a roll and so is Melo. He's just on fire. Feels good that we're smacking the living crap out of the Celtics

Tiger444
April 27, 2013, 05:02 PM
what happened? doesn't anyone follow NBA here. The playoffs are going on. Lakers are almost out, Knicks on a roll :D

My prediction

OKC vs Spurs (western conf.)
Heat vs Knicks (eastern conf.)

Not so sure now since Westbrook is out of the playoffs. If they play the Clips then I could see them losing. I'd say the Spurs are the favorites out of the West.

I agree with your prediction of the East though

Dilscoop
April 29, 2013, 10:08 PM
Must ask, who the bleep is Jason Collins.

Tiger444
April 29, 2013, 10:52 PM
Must ask, who the bleep is Jason Collins.

It's ridiculous that this is the top story in the NBA. So what if he's gay? Media has run out of stories I guess

Roey Haque
April 30, 2013, 07:24 AM
Westbrook being out changes everything. Now I wonder whether they can beat the Spurs or not. And if the Clippers make it through with Grizzlies, even they will be optimistic in beating OKC.

Seems like it will be Spurs vs Heat in the final.

Really happy for GSW and Stephen Curry. He's finally getting the recognition that he deserves. One more game needed to beat Denver,but after that I think the Spurs will take care of them.

mufi_02
April 30, 2013, 09:06 AM
Miami will have a hard time going to final. Most likely they will face the Chicago Bulls next and then the Knicks. Bulls ended Miam's streak not too long ago and Knicks is almost an even match for Heat. So they have to beat these two teams.

On western conf, it's pretty simple. Spurs will go.

Tiger444
May 1, 2013, 12:34 PM
Miami will have a hard time going to final. Most likely they will face the Chicago Bulls next and then the Knicks. Bulls ended Miam's streak not too long ago and Knicks is almost an even match for Heat. So they have to beat these two teams.

On western conf, it's pretty simple. Spurs will go.

I think the key for Miami is how healthy Wade will be. If he ends up being out, then I think the Knicks have a very good shot of going to the finals.

Hope the Knicks close out the Celtics tonight

Ajfar
May 1, 2013, 09:00 PM
^ Nope, not yet. We are right back in it. I don't expect Celtics to win 4 in a row, but we just might be able to drag it out to game 7.

Tiger444
May 1, 2013, 09:09 PM
^horrible game by us and deserved to lose. Hope our guys now wake their butts up and realize that they'll have to work hard to win or else we'll lose yet again.

Tigers_eye
May 7, 2013, 01:52 AM
Miami lost to No ROSE Bulls. wow!! I guess Miami wanted 3 home games played on this series.

mufi_02
May 7, 2013, 09:14 AM
Miami lost to No ROSE Bulls. wow!! I guess Miami wanted 3 home games played on this series.

that was a very good game. Bulls plays very physical and I think that's the only way to beat Heat. Robinson is only 5 9" and what a game he had. Go Bulls!! Meanwhile Knicks should get serious now.

zman
May 7, 2013, 08:46 PM
that was a very good game. Bulls plays very physical and I think that's the only way to beat Heat. Robinson is only 5 9" and what a game he had. Go Bulls!! Meanwhile Knicks should get serious now.
This won't be an easy series. Unfortunately Pacers match up very well against the Knicks. They've struggled to even the series at home, although they played really well in game 2. Taking even 1 game out of 3 at the Fieldhouse arena won't be a walk in the park.

iDumb
May 10, 2013, 08:25 AM

mufi i am planning to go to game 5 knicks game... jaba naki? :p ticket price ektu beshi but it might be worth it..... will let you know how it goes....

tumi to abar drink koro na... there will be lot of drinking and lot of raping... meaning raping the pacers....

mufi_02
May 10, 2013, 09:11 AM
mufi i am planning to go to game 5 knicks game... jaba naki? :p ticket price ektu beshi but it might be worth it..... will let you know how it goes....

tumi to abar drink koro na... there will be lot of drinking and lot of raping... meaning raping the pacers....

playoff game 5 will be very expensive. but if its reasonable then I will go.

amar drink korte hobe nah :D ..I will get excited seeing carmelo, chandler, JR smith. apni iccha hoile koiren.

iDumb
May 10, 2013, 09:56 AM
200 gallery seats gula 250 to 300 ashe per ticket kintu not in the middle where u have view of both hoops... mostly on corner or back of a hoop...

400 gallery gula a little less than 200 dollars.

middle seats where you have good views of both hoops going for 800 lol.

tumi gele amake boilo..... i am 80 percent sure i am going.... its just a matter of who is going with me, everyone wants to go, nobody wants to pay.

mufi_02
May 10, 2013, 03:26 PM
$200 and that too for 400 level. That's too much for just one game for me. You go and have fun!! We can meet up some other time and have fun :D

iDumb
May 10, 2013, 04:38 PM
mufi shuno eto cheap hoiyo na, eto cheap hoile kono maiya paiba na jibone......

200 dollars diya tumi courtside seating chao... eita ki tomar shoshur barir abdar naki?

but u do bring a good point, i mean one could rather spend that 200 on the spanish girl on roosevelt ave for an hour and get Hi5 or watch the nba playoffs game with shitty view for an hour and give hi5 .... dilemmas of life....

Ajfar
May 10, 2013, 05:28 PM
^ If you guys are interested, next season we can go watch knicks vs celtics at the garden. I'm sure if we get tickets right after the schedule gets announced we'll get a good deal.

mufi_02
May 10, 2013, 08:00 PM
mufi shuno eto cheap hoiyo na, eto cheap hoile kono maiya paiba na jibone......

200 dollars diya tumi courtside seating chao... eita ki tomar shoshur barir abdar naki?

but u do bring a good point, i mean one could rather spend that 200 on the spanish girl on roosevelt ave for an hour and get Hi5 or watch the nba playoffs game with shitty view for an hour and give hi5 .... dilemmas of life....

see I can do so much with $200. Can go to Roosevelt ave at least 4 times.

But if you are free, we can spend half that amount and go to some lounge or something in City. Maybe invite your shali too :D

iDumb
May 11, 2013, 01:21 PM
mufi now 95 pc sure going. level 200 seat purchase korchi... kind of in the corner....

3 tix for a total of 700 dollars. hopefully its worth it. could have saved 100 bucks and gotten a row ahead but emotional wife ke attend korte korte someone else puchased them :(

iDumb
May 11, 2013, 01:26 PM
see I can do so much with $200. Can go to Roosevelt ave at least 4 times.

But if you are free, we can spend half that amount and go to some lounge or something in City. Maybe invite your shali too :D

my shali is spoilt. its gonna take you more than 100 bucks for a date man..... first impression is everything....

u have to atleast show u are ballin..

Rifat
May 11, 2013, 08:00 PM
In sha Allah I am coming to NYC in 25th May 2013 but i will have my mother and brother with me. I am intending to be mostly be in Jackson heights area and planning to only be there for not more than 5/6 hours...

iDumb
May 12, 2013, 03:41 PM
Thank you for sharing rifat. . lol...

mufi_02
May 13, 2013, 09:33 AM
mufi now 95 pc sure going. level 200 seat purchase korchi... kind of in the corner....

3 tix for a total of 700 dollars. hopefully its worth it. could have saved 100 bucks and gotten a row ahead but emotional wife ke attend korte korte someone else puchased them :(

Good luck! It will be a huge game for the Knicks. I will look for you in the TV. Take a BC sign or something.

Tigers_eye
May 15, 2013, 06:31 AM
Spurs-Griz, Heat-Pacers. Both may go to 7 game.
Spurs-Heat finals. Heat winning #2.

Tiger444
May 15, 2013, 10:26 AM
I hope Woodson either gets fired or resigned. He seems like a good guy and all but what is he doing as a coach? All he runs is isolation plays. No ball movement and no rhythm at all in our offense. No sense of urgency at all either. The blame has to go to the coach. He's been thoroughly out coached by Frank Vogel.

Also we desperately need a more consistent 2nd scorer in our team. Get JR Smith out of there. He's not a 2nd option by any means.

We clearly need to make changes because this team is simply not good enough to make a run and we need to surround Melo with a lot more help then just bits and pieces players.

Tigers_eye
May 17, 2013, 07:03 AM
I hope Woodson either gets fired or resigned. He seems like a good guy and all but what is he doing as a coach? All he runs is isolation plays. No ball movement and no rhythm at all in our offense. No sense of urgency at all either. The blame has to go to the coach. He's been thoroughly out coached by Frank Vogel.

Also we desperately need a more consistent 2nd scorer in our team. Get JR Smith out of there. He's not a 2nd option by any means.

We clearly need to make changes because this team is simply not good enough to make a run and we need to surround Melo with a lot more help then just bits and pieces players.
It is not Woodson's fault. It is the GM bringing selfish players. Woodson is coaching to the team's strength. Carmelo is a ball hog 2.0. So over-rated.That is the problem. Look at his FG%. There lies your answer.

Gladiators
May 17, 2013, 08:13 AM
New to basketball - love the way the Grizzlies play - Gasol and Randolph, wow. Warriors also put up a very good fight against the Spurs.

Kono labh nei - LeBron and Miami abar champion

zman
May 17, 2013, 08:13 AM

I agree with TE...it's not Woodson's fault. Remember how bad they sucked last year before Linsanity happened and Woodson took over? They're actually doing better than what I expected. I like some of these what you refer to as bits and pieces players--Shumpert is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, Chandler is one of the best interior defenders, Felton's a pretty decent PG for what he's worth. Carmelo is Carmelo, but he's no LeBron or Durant. I like the fact that they're giving young guys a chance and many of them are putting their hands up and making it count. The problem is they're paying $100 mil to a guy who doesn't play much defense nor can he stay healthy as long enough as Enamul Haq Jr. stays on the team - as Al would say. There's no way to get a very good 2nd scoring option without getting rid of Amare's salary.

P.S. Imagine the Heat without Wade or Bosh. Last year they're on the verge of losing to the Pacers before Bosh rejoined the team. Even this year I doubt they can beat the Pacers let alone the Grizzlies or Spurs with one of their Big 3 missing.

iDumb
May 17, 2013, 08:16 AM
that was a great game, only regret we didnt win one of the prev games. if somehow they can take it to game 7, its ours.... i however doubt nyk would be able to however given how poorly they played the prev two games.

man i am a social drinker and rarely do i become that social......and i can tolerate a lot without feeling anything..... but yesterday i think i went overboard, i dont know how i got home.... haha...

zman
May 17, 2013, 08:57 AM
that was a great game, only regret we didnt win one of the prev games. if somehow they can take it to game 7, its ours.... i however doubt nyk would be able to however given how poorly they played the prev two games.

man i am a social drinker and rarely do i become that social......and i can tolerate a lot without feeling anything..... but yesterday i think i went overboard, i dont know how i got home.... haha...
This will very likely happen if George Hill doesn't recover from the concussion.

mufi_02
May 17, 2013, 09:07 AM
This will very likely happen if George Hill doesn't recover from the concussion.

George Hill will be out for at least a week. Even if he is fit, nba protocol will keep him out after concussion for few days.

But it was Woodson's fault in game 3/4. He let Jason Kidd (missed last 17 shots) for a long time, let Amare coming back from injury to play crucial games in playoffs. While Prigioni and Copeland/Novak were sitting on bench. Copeland played yesterday and made a big difference.

Anthony regained some offensive form. If we can win game 6 then the momentum will be with us in game 7 at the garden.

mufi_02
May 17, 2013, 09:09 AM
New to basketball - love the way the Grizzlies play - Gasol and Randolph, wow. Warriors also put up a very good fight against the Spurs.

Kono labh nei - LeBron and Miami abar champion

welcome. the grizzlies are playing well but they have to overcome spurs. I want anyone except Miami to be the champion.

zman
May 17, 2013, 09:19 AM
George Hill will be out for at least a week. Even if he is fit, nba protocol will keep him out after concussion for few days.

But it was Woodson's fault in game 3/4. He let Jason Kidd (missed last 17 shots) for a long time, let Amare coming back from injury to play crucial games in playoffs. While Prigioni and Copeland/Novak were sitting on bench. Copeland played yesterday and made a big difference.

Anthony regained some offensive form. If we can win game 6 then the momentum will be with us in game 7 at the garden.
Ironically I missed those two games and wasn't aware of the Kidd and Amare situation. I can see why Woodson can be faulted for these decisions of blindly betting on experience to bail him out in crucial situations. But I'm sure he'll learn from his mistakes and make amends, and also generally speaking, he's the first Knick coach in a long time to give newcomers a chance, thereby allowing guys like Copeland, Shumpert, Prigioni to flourish in his system.

zman
May 17, 2013, 09:21 AM
welcome. the grizzlies are playing well but they have to overcome spurs. I want anyone except Miami to be the champion.
my sentiments too

mufi_02
May 17, 2013, 09:27 AM
Ironically I missed those two games and wasn't aware of the Kidd and Amare situation. I can see why Woodson can be faulted for these decisions of blindly betting on experience to bail him out in crucial situations. But I'm sure he'll learn from his mistakes and make amends, and also generally speaking, he's the first Knick coach in a long time to give newcomers a chance, thereby allowing guys like Copeland, Shumpert, Prigioni to flourish in his system.

yeah he is a good coach and gives chances to players. regardless of what happens in this series, he took the knicks to a great distance this seasons. 56 wins in regular season (most since 96/97), atlantic division champion, 2nd seed in east, 2nd round in playoff (last time was in 2000/01 season). So he should stay.

The frustrating comes from the fact that knicks played so well in regular season and now just can't make baskets. JR Smith was 6th man of the year and now shooting below 30% in last 3 games. Let's see what happens now on Saturday.

iDumb
May 17, 2013, 01:40 PM
Jummar namaz poira ashlam.. aar Allahr kache onek maaf chaichi gotokal er jonno....

Roey Haque
May 17, 2013, 02:18 PM
Predictions

Heat in 5 against the Pacers. (I believe they will take the series next game vs Knicks)

Grizzlies in 7 against the Spurs.

Final: Heat in 4 against the Grizzlies.

Tiger444
May 17, 2013, 08:18 PM
It is not Woodson's fault. It is the GM bringing selfish players. Woodson is coaching to the team's strength. Carmelo is a ball hog 2.0. So over-rated.That is the problem. Look at his FG%. There lies your answer.

Ya Knicks haven't won a playoff series since 2000 and the main player that got them there is overrated. He's a top 5 player in the NBA just because he's not as good as Durant and Lebron doesn't mean he's overrated. And remember, Lebron got Wade and Bosh and Durant has Westbrook. Melo has JR. See the difference? :) He's 1 of the best pure scorers in the game

Tiger444
May 17, 2013, 08:22 PM

Thank you. That's where I'm unhappy at Woodson. His player rotation is very mediocre. Can anyone explain why Copeland, who was a key bench player is now all of a sudden a bench warmer? And accessing players strengths also. Remember how this team was moving the ball in game 6 against the Celtics until they gave up the 27 point lead? It shows that this team has the ability to play as a team. Iso plays are good but balance it out

Tiger444
May 17, 2013, 08:24 PM
yeah he is a good coach and gives chances to players. regardless of what happens in this series, he took the knicks to a great distance this seasons. 56 wins in regular season (most since 96/97), atlantic division champion, 2nd seed in east, 2nd round in playoff (last time was in 2000/01 season). So he should stay.

The frustrating comes from the fact that knicks played so well in regular season and now just can't make baskets. JR Smith was 6th man of the year and now shooting below 30% in last 3 games. Let's see what happens now on Saturday.

I think it's because of Melo and Smith mainly being on fire rather than Woodson being a great coach. I'm not a Woodson hater. He's done a great job off the court building a great positive relationship with the players. I just think he's got work to do as a tactician and player rotation

Tiger444
May 17, 2013, 08:33 PM
I agree with TE...it's not Woodson's fault. Remember how bad they sucked last year before Linsanity happened and Woodson took over? They're actually doing better than what I expected. I like some of these what you refer to as bits and pieces players--Shumpert is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, Chandler is one of the best interior defenders, Felton's a pretty decent PG for what he's worth. Carmelo is Carmelo, but he's no LeBron or Durant. I like the fact that they're giving young guys a chance and many of them are putting their hands up and making it count. The problem is they're paying $100 mil to a guy who doesn't play much defense nor can he stay healthy as long enough as Enamul Haq Jr. stays on the team - as Al would say. There's no way to get a very good 2nd scoring option without getting rid of Amare's salary.

P.S. Imagine the Heat without Wade or Bosh. Last year they're on the verge of losing to the Pacers before Bosh rejoined the team. Even this year I doubt they can beat the Pacers let alone the Grizzlies or Spurs with one of their Big 3 missing.

I'm fine with Shumpert and Felton. They're bargains given how much they make. Chandler though I have a problem with. I can see though he's definitely not 100%. He's getting about 14-15 mil a year. I want the guy to score more rather than be just a defender. Remember Hibbert makes the same amount of but has been producing a lot better than Chandler. Amare has also turned out to be a bad signing mainly because of his injuries.

Tigers_eye
May 18, 2013, 08:38 AM
Jummar namaz poira ashlam.. aar Allahr kache onek maaf chaichi gotokal er jonno.... :up:
If the maaf is sincere, there is no doubt He will forgive.We are weak and will make mistakes. However, it is our DUTY to ask forgiveness. Allah has put it on himself to forgive those who seek forgiveness. The catch is one can't do the sin again and that goes back to the sincerity issue. He is the MOST merciful. If you don't ask HIM, who shall you ask?

Tigers_eye
May 18, 2013, 08:58 AM
Ya Knicks haven't won a playoff series since 2000 and the main player that got them there is overrated. He's a top 5 player in the NBA just because he's not as good as Durant and Lebron doesn't mean he's overrated. And remember, Lebron got Wade and Bosh and Durant has Westbrook. Melo has JR. See the difference? :) He's 1 of the best pure scorers in the game
Easy there. With that kind of Money spent (way over luxury tax and others roster they are facing pays almost half of theirs') if you don't win the conference then you are TRULY over-rated.

The coach played the strength that this team has. Jason Kidd was brought in to show leadership. We all knew he is way past his prime. Yet for experience he plays lots of minutes in the playoff series. Just like Derek Fisher (OKC).

Carmelo has done nothing. Few high scoring games mean nothing. There several players who did and can do that without his salary. On the contrary, others know the other parts of a basketball game. Like playing defense, ASSISTs and steals. He is the cancer that destroys Team game which Basketball is. One-on-one is only recommended when there is a mismatch on epic proportion the FG% chance is much higher. His playoffs FG % is attrocious. Almost .5 less than his regular season. He can't play with other Good players.

Take this to the bank. As long as Carmelo is there, NY will not snif any kind of post season hardware. I have followed Carmelo from Syracuse. Unbelievably talented and has changed so much from his college days. Unless he starts making others arround him better he will be ring-less.

Tiger444
May 18, 2013, 09:11 AM
Easy there. With that kind of Money spent (way over luxury tax and others roster they are facing pays almost half of theirs') if you don't win the conference then you are TRULY over-rated.

The coach played the strength that this team has. Jason Kidd was brought in to show leadership. We all knew he is way past his prime. Yet for experience he plays lots of minutes in the playoff series. Just like Derek Fisher (OKC).

Carmelo has done nothing. Few high scoring games mean nothing. There several players who did and can do that without his salary. On the contrary, others know the other parts of a basketball game. Like playing defense, ASSISTs and steals. He is the cancer that destroys Team game which Basketball is. One-on-one is only recommended when there is a mismatch on epic proportion the FG% chance is much higher. His playoffs FG % is attrocious. Almost .5 less than his regular season. He can't play with other Good players.

Take this to the bank. As long as Carmelo is there, NY will not snif any kind of post season hardware. I have followed Carmelo from Syracuse. Unbelievably talented and has changed so much from his college days. Unless he starts making others arround him better he will be ring-less.

Sorry if I was being over aggressive. Didn't mean to. Melo's my favorite player so I can get defensive when his name is brought up.

I agree this postseason he hasn't been at his best. Players can get in to slumps though especially with a volume shooter like Melo. Plus he's played with a bum shoulder and knee. We're seeing how much Wade is hindered with his knee. Your saying he can't play with other good players. How do we know that though? What superstar has he played with throughout his NBA career? Billups was one I could think of but that team was also very unbalanced. This year he's been showing much better effort on the defensive end. His assists are a bit low true but with another superstar caliber player, I don't think it would be as low as it is.

Anyways, today is a big day for the Knicks. Lets see what they can do and let's see if Melo proves critics like you wrong. Don't forget, great players such as Abdul-Jabbar, Jordan, and Shaq didn't win without a great superstar alongsides them.

iDumb
May 18, 2013, 02:37 PM
This was my view... Didn't take much pic..took only 2 pic. I am not doing anything in a store so sharing..

http://oi39.tinypic.com/348rtjn.jpg

Tigers_eye
May 18, 2013, 03:13 PM
Sorry if I was being over aggressive. Didn't mean to. Melo's my favorite player so I can get defensive when his name is brought up.

I agree this postseason he hasn't been at his best. Players can get in to slumps though especially with a volume shooter like Melo. Plus he's played with a bum shoulder and knee....
This post season his Field goal % .419 which is significantly less than his regular season FG% .449.

Last year post season FG% .375 and regular season FG% .430.

As you can see this is not just one year. Go back to Denver years. Same pattern. Great players up their game come playoff time. They understand every possession matters a lot and doesn't jack up all the time. Melo has yet to master that. Thus he is ringless in NBA.

Tiger444
May 18, 2013, 03:29 PM
This post season his Field goal % .419 which is significantly less than his regular season FG% .449.

Last year post season FG% .375 and regular season FG% .430.

As you can see this is not just one year. Go back to Denver years. Same pattern. Great players up their game come playoff time. They understand every possession matters a lot and doesn't jack up all the time. Melo has yet to master that. Thus he is ringless in NBA.

I agree that some of it has to be blamed on Melo but my point is that since he hasn't been surrounded by all star caliber teammates, his percentages are a bit low since he has to jack up more shots compared to other elite players. Not all of the blame should be on Melo for not winning yet. Did LeBron win in Cleveland without a proper supporting cast? He needed a team like Miami to win a championship.

Winning championships are tough and you need multiple all stars and well balanced teams to pull it off and that's why I do cut some slack off Melo. He hasn't been on a championship caliber team as of yet and while some blame can be on Melo, most of it should not be on him

Tiger444
May 18, 2013, 03:30 PM
This was my view... Didn't take much pic..took only 2 pic. I am not doing anything in a store so sharing..

http://oi39.tinypic.com/348rtjn.jpg

You got some nice seats there. Thanks for sharing

iDumb
May 18, 2013, 08:24 PM
You got some nice seats there. Thanks for sharing

thanks tiger. its half time now on game 6. we arent capitilizing on the rare slip up by pacers..... missing every shots....

we need someone else stepping up beside carmelo. we need some rebounds too... chandler ekta useless..

Tiger444
May 18, 2013, 08:53 PM
thanks tiger. its half time now on game 6. we arent capitilizing on the rare slip up by pacers..... missing every shots....

we need someone else stepping up beside carmelo. we need some rebounds too... chandler ekta useless..

The next highest scorers is Prigioni and Martin with 6 points. Melo needs way more support. And your right Chandler is useless. Once again Hibbert is bossing him

iDumb
May 18, 2013, 08:58 PM
tigee bro we coming back..last few mins were magical...shob 3 pointer dukhichi..khela dekho bhai...

my neighnor might call police on me again for screaming...

Tiger444
May 18, 2013, 09:03 PM
tigee bro we coming back..last few mins were magical...shob 3 pointer dukhichi..khela dekho bhai...

my neighnor might call police on me again for screaming...

Haha i might have my neighbors doing the same thing. Four 3 pointers in 2 minutes. Crazy stuff.

Tiger444
May 18, 2013, 09:06 PM
Seems like Shumpert has raised his hand and offered to give Melo help. More help is needed

Tiger444
May 18, 2013, 09:07 PM
Big 4th quarter ahead of us. Lets go Knicks!

iDumb
May 18, 2013, 09:11 PM
i am so nervous...... i hope knicks tough it out now......this is it...bring the game to MSG and it will be very togugh for pacer...

but very nerve wrecking....tough

Tiger444
May 18, 2013, 09:13 PM
Ya I'm getting nervous as well. Do or die

iDumb
May 18, 2013, 09:23 PM
even chandler got a rebound lol...

Tiger444
May 18, 2013, 09:35 PM
And Chandler has fouled out. Only Melo, Shumpert, and Copeland have come to play. Lets hope it's enough

iDumb
May 18, 2013, 09:40 PM
carmelo hero to zero....poor passes..... momemtum lost

Tiger444
May 18, 2013, 09:59 PM
In the end Indiana deserved the victory. They played the better game and were the better team this series. Knicks will need to bring in some changes.

mufi_02
May 18, 2013, 10:56 PM
Disappointing game and series for Knicks. Really upsetting. They don't attack the rim and afraid to go even to the paint. The jump shots and 3 pointers can't win a game. And let's not talk about rebounds.

Carmelo had a good game but clearly lacked support. He reminds me of Shakib. A player far better than the rest of the team but just can't alone make the team win. And Woodson is maybe like Shane Jurgs. Good performance coz most players fired in reg season (JR smith, 6th man of the year)

After such a good regular season, it's heart breaking to go out this way.

Tigers_eye
May 19, 2013, 12:59 AM
That block on Melo's dunk attempt in the 4th Qtr defined everything. Miami series will be interesting. Had it was LeBron I wonder would he even try to attempt to block it? Clearly Indiana was the better team tonight. Slashing in the middle, rebounding ROTATING the ball (missed many yet, Knicks had to work hard on defense - which took their legs out in the 4th)

Some of the calls were iffy, yet there was several in the 4th the ref didn't call for Indiana.

Dilscoop
May 19, 2013, 01:10 AM
Breaking News: Heat swept the Pacers

Heat in 4. I got money on that. Knicks unlucky to not get game 7. Refs screwed that **** up.

Gladiators
May 19, 2013, 03:17 AM
Knicks are a team built to win by gunning away - how many teams have succeeded like that in the playoffs?

-Kono D khele na - or they don't know how to(Carmelo certainly doesn't - worst superstar defensively)
-No inside/interior game, Tyson Chandler ke kanna korai-a chaarse Hibbert
-options B and C just aren't very good.

Knicks good enough for the playoffs, but not much else. Ami bolbo not a disappointing ending, more par for course.

Tigers_eye
May 19, 2013, 08:51 AM
Knicks are a team built to win by gunning away - how many teams have succeeded like that in the playoffs?

-Kono D khele na - or they don't know how to(Carmelo certainly doesn't - worst superstar defensively)
-No inside/interior game, Tyson Chandler ke kanna korai-a chaarse Hibbert
-options B and C just aren't very good.

Knicks good enough for the playoffs, but not much else. Ami bolbo not a disappointing ending, more par for course.
The only team gunning away and winning in recent times was Dallas. Dirk is 10 times better in playing the team game. A mismatch problem for all forwards yet can shoot lights out.

Amare not playing did them. Next year similar thing will happen because Indiana, Miami are going nowhere. Plus the Bulls will be scary strong. First series home court then gets knocked out.

zman
May 19, 2013, 10:28 AM
Indiana will only get better next year when they get their best player Danny Granger back.

As for Tyson, I'm still hesitant to throw in the towel on him. He was the heart and soul of the Dallas team that won the Championship couple of years ago. He singlehandedly defended the paint night in and night out. Dallas has been a mediocre team ever since they let him go. Tyson was playing at a pretty decent level with the Knicks last year and this, until he injured his neck with few weeks left in the regular season. Ever since he's looked a totally different player. I have a feeling his neck injury is more serious than what people think and it's throwing his balance off. He's just toughing it out and we'll learn more about it soon. If he's able to make a full recovery during the off season he can't be considered past his prime at the age of 30.

J.R. is supposed to be the sixth man coming off the bench. Can't expect him to play like a superstar every night.

For me Amare is the big concern. He's had so many surgeries on his back, knees and even eye, not sure any team would be willing to take him for half the 20 million he'll be making next year. Offensively he's alright, but he won't get better defensively at this stage of his career. And his biggest concern is staying healthy.

Knicks are developing some good young players, but not sure why they signed a bunch of 40 year olds to 2-3 year contracts, which will be hard to discard. These should've been only 1 year contracts.

Tiger444
May 19, 2013, 08:37 PM
Bottom line is the Knicks will have to reload. This team needs more pieces in order to make a run. 1st step is to get rid of JR. The guy does more harm than good. Hope the older players also retire and we get new fresh bodies. I'd love for them to get another star player alongsides Melo but with Amare and Chandlers huge contracts, that'll be unlikely.

mufi_02
May 20, 2013, 09:47 AM
good analysis by both zman and tiger444 bhai. nice to see some knicks fan here :) . Even if we won against the pacers, there was no way we were getting past Miami with this offense. Beating Miami 4 times would be just impossible.

But I am conflicted about JR. He was playing superbly and after that one match suspension he just lost it. I wasn't impressed with Felton. As a PG he should move the ball more. I really wish they get Curry from Golden State. Amare is just useless now.

Knicks now should get some young players.

Tiger444
May 21, 2013, 10:01 AM
good analysis by both zman and tiger444 bhai. nice to see some knicks fan here :) . Even if we won against the pacers, there was no way we were getting past Miami with this offense. Beating Miami 4 times would be just impossible.

But I am conflicted about JR. He was playing superbly and after that one match suspension he just lost it. I wasn't impressed with Felton. As a PG he should move the ball more. I really wish they get Curry from Golden State. Amare is just useless now.

Knicks now should get some young players.

JR has always been an underachiever. At times, he shows how much talent he's got but he can never really play up to his potential. Yet another player coming straight from high school who was clearly not ready to make the jump. We just have to move on from him. He's not a 2nd or 3rd option we're looking for.

Felton isn't bad either but again, not the answer to being our 3rd option or starting PG. He can be a serviceable backup but he's always been a good backup PG, fringe starter.

We have the 24th pick in the draft and we should be looking for a guy that can help us straight away. We can go for any player really due to the lack of depth on the team.

Bottom line, Carmelo needs help. He needs better 2nd and 3rd options. So that's where I want to see improvements for next year's team.

Roey Haque
May 22, 2013, 10:39 AM
Knicks are a spoiled team with no team chemistry. Melo has Amare and Chandler already, so what more do Knicks fans want? If you can't gel, you can't do well. Can't just bring in new players every season.

But anyway, what caused them their downfall this playoffs is the disappearance of JR. He was the reason they finished no. 2 in the east anyway, so can't just yank out one huge variable and expect the same side.

Gladiators
May 26, 2013, 12:50 AM
Spurs khub ekta bhalo khelche naa, but OT and crucial moments-e experience and class is showing. 3-0

Pacers playing very well against Miami - unlucky to be 1-1 and not 2-0. Wade toh shesh - NBA TV old highlights dekhai, and Wade completely different player chilo, quicker and more willing to go inside.

LeBron against Pacers - if anyone can do it, he can. But it doesn't look like this will be easy.

Dilscoop
May 26, 2013, 12:53 AM
Spurs in 4, Heat in 6. Mmw

iDumb
May 26, 2013, 01:20 AM
Pacers playing very well against Miami - unlucky to be 1-1 and not 2-0. y.

totally supporting pacers all the way. they are just a gritty cool team. very frustating for opposing supporters... i was at te end of it... nw gonna enjoy..

any team that passed this knicks team deserves to win the title.

Dilscoop
May 26, 2013, 01:31 AM
totally supporting pacers all the way. they are just a gritty cool team. very frustating for opposing supporters... i was at te end of it... nw gonna enjoy..

any team that passed this knicks team deserves to win the title.

hate the heat, but I want them to win it, so I don't have to hear people whine and bitch so much about lebron!

Tiger444
May 26, 2013, 06:36 PM
I honestly don't see the Heat winning. Theyre just overmatched inside. Handling Hibbert is hard enough but they have West whose also very good inside. Miami only has Bosh and he's not even a real big man. Bird man is trying his best but he can't do it alone inside. If Miami wants to continue to win championships, then they need a few decent big men. Right now they just seem a better version of the Knicks

And Memphis really blew it last night. They've been overmatched by the Spurs' experience.

Gladiators
May 26, 2013, 10:06 PM
Heat have LeBron - seriously as long as they have him...they can and will beat anyone

Tiger444
May 27, 2013, 08:11 AM
Haslem made a big difference inside in this game. Without his contribution, it would be a tight game again. Also George disappeared which didn't help the Pacers.

Do or die game for Indiana next up. Just shows how quickly scenarios can change in the playoffs

Tigers_eye
May 27, 2013, 09:05 AM
I honestly don't see the Heat winning. Theyre just overmatched inside. Handling Hibbert is hard enough but they have West whose also very good inside. Miami only has Bosh and he's not even a real big man. Bird man is trying his best but he can't do it alone inside. If Miami wants to continue to win championships, then they need a few decent big men. Right now they just seem a better version of the Knicks

And Memphis really blew it last night. They've been overmatched by the Spurs' experience.
The playoff starts when a team gets a road win. Just so that you know many of these games are already pre-determind. Talk about match fixing...:facepalm: in Vegas.

Heat had the capability to go 16-0 in the playoffs. However, home games generate tremendous amount of money. Sometimes teams make deal privately. Everything is about MONEY. A better version of WWE. I was surprized the Lakers losing 4 straight.

Tiger444
May 27, 2013, 09:11 AM
The playoff starts when a team gets a road win. Just so that you know many of these games are already pre-determind. Talk about match fixing...:facepalm: in Vegas.

Heat had the capability to go 16-0 in the playoffs. However, home games generate tremendous amount of money. Sometimes teams make deal privately. Everything is about MONEY. A better version of WWE. I was surprized the Lakers losing 4 straight.

That's why there just isn't as much passion in sports anymore. Everything just seems to be about money.

Gladiators
May 28, 2013, 10:48 PM
Pacers tie the series - 2-2

Best of 3 now - mini series

Dilscoop
May 30, 2013, 10:03 PM
LbJ's speech at the half. That's right! Who from our BD team can do that and charge up the whole team? LOL Rahim? Only Shakib could, he had the fire. Too bad people are used to sissy BS so they couldn't handle it.

Gladiators
June 1, 2013, 10:57 PM
Indiana destroyed Miami - Poor LeBron.

Wade
Bosh
Allen

all crap

Kintu the way this series has gone, LeBron beast mode-e giye game 7 jite nibe.

Tiger444
June 1, 2013, 11:51 PM
Indiana destroyed Miami - Poor LeBron.

Wade
Bosh
Allen

all crap

Kintu the way this series has gone, LeBron beast mode-e giye game 7 jite nibe.

Wade has played on a real bad knee to be fair. So I'd cut him slack. Allen is too old to do anything anymore but what's Bosh's excuse? He's gotten exposed this series and there are some serious doubts about him now.

Even if Miami win this series, I just don't see them getting past the Spurs. In that case, I see Bosh being traded. Miami needs at least a decent big man if they want to win multiple championships.

Gladiators
June 2, 2013, 12:06 AM
Wade has played on a real bad knee to be fair. So I'd cut him slack. Allen is too old to do anything anymore but what's Bosh's excuse? He's gotten exposed this series and there are some serious doubts about him now.

Even if Miami win this series, I just don't see them getting past the Spurs. In that case, I see Bosh being traded. Miami needs at least a decent big man if they want to win multiple championships.

I'm not so sure - Pacers just match up really well against the Heat. Pacers are basically the best defensive team in the league - and their big men(Hibbert and West) have messed around with Bosh like he's a ragdoll.

Not sure the Spurs will do the same - maybe they will? Duncan, Splitter?

But one thing is sure in a couple of years LeBron is leaving Miami - Wade is injured now(kintu he is getting older) and that leaves LeBron with Bosh, no way will he resign with the Heat to play with a past his best Wade and a sissy like Bosh as his main sidekick.

It'll never happen, but he should go back to Cleveland - Kyrie Irving(one of the best young players) - No.1 pick this season, LeBron, plus a couple of other nice pieces...he could undo all the damage :)

Tiger444
June 2, 2013, 08:49 AM
I'm not so sure - Pacers just match up really well against the Heat. Pacers are basically the best defensive team in the league - and their big men(Hibbert and West) have messed around with Bosh like he's a ragdoll.

Not sure the Spurs will do the same - maybe they will? Duncan, Splitter?

But one thing is sure in a couple of years LeBron is leaving Miami - Wade is injured now(kintu he is getting older) and that leaves LeBron with Bosh, no way will he resign with the Heat to play with a past his best Wade and a sissy like Bosh as his main sidekick.

It'll never happen, but he should go back to Cleveland - Kyrie Irving(one of the best young players) - No.1 pick this season, LeBron, plus a couple of other nice pieces...he could undo all the damage :)

If Duncan pummeled Zach Randolph the way he did then I'm sure he's going to absolutely pummel Bosh as well. Parker will also wreak havoc on mediocre Cole and Chalmers.

I agree, LeBron has some thinking to do. The future was looking awesome for Miami but now all of a sudden, they're not looking all that great.

Pat Riley will have to make some moves in order to kee Lebron there and be happy.

Tigers_eye
June 2, 2013, 11:14 AM
So we are having a 7th game at Miami. More revenue. Spurs are resting their old legs.

Tigers_eye
June 4, 2013, 07:59 AM
If Duncan pummeled Zach Randolph the way he did then I'm sure he's going to absolutely pummel Bosh as well. Parker will also wreak havoc on mediocre Cole and Chalmers.

I agree, LeBron has some thinking to do. The future was looking awesome for Miami but now all of a sudden, they're not looking all that great.

Pat Riley will have to make some moves in order to kee Lebron there and be happy.
One game don't make a season. Wade finished off the Pacers in style. he still has few years in him. So does Bosh. Duncan is no Hibbert in the defensive area. Although he is an offensive threat.

Gladiators
June 5, 2013, 04:33 AM
Heat in 6

Tiger444
June 5, 2013, 07:18 AM
One game don't make a season. Wade finished off the Pacers in style. he still has few years in him. So does Bosh. Duncan is no Hibbert in the defensive area. Although he is an offensive threat.

Wades been having injury problems for a while now. No doubt he's a hell of a player

Not convinced with Bosh at all though. He did shoot only 3-13 last game. Like I said if Duncan swallowed up Randolph like that I'm sure he's going to dominate Bosh as well.

It should be a good series. It'll probably be a 6 or 7 game series.

Gladiators
June 7, 2013, 12:09 AM
Spurs 92 Heat 88 - really good game.

Wade for 24 minutes looked like the old Wade

zman
June 7, 2013, 05:24 AM
Last night was a great game for the Spurs. Tony Parker epitomized "Clutch". Lebron was at his brilliant best on both ends of the floor and yet the Heat couldn't get the job done. The grueling, hard fought seven game series against Indiana is taking its toll and the Heat seemed to run out of gas in the 4th quarter. Never thought I'd ever root for the Spurs. If Manu gets going in this series, I don't think Miami can win 4 out of 7.

Zeeshan
June 7, 2013, 05:30 AM
keno jinobli maanu to bolei dilo...amader sathe keu parbe na playoffsey

Gladiators
June 7, 2013, 06:39 AM
Last night was a great game for the Spurs. Tony Parker epitomized "Clutch". Lebron was at his brilliant best on both ends of the floor and yet the Heat couldn't get the job done. The grueling, hard fought seven game series against Indiana is taking its toll and the Heat seemed to run out of gas in the 4th quarter. Never thought I'd ever root for the Spurs. If Manu gets going in this series, I don't think Miami can win 4 out of 7.

LeBron had a poor night shooting - Yes, he got a triple double in the finals AGAIN - but 18 points from 7-16 is not him at his brilliant best

zman
June 7, 2013, 07:47 AM
No man...18-18-10 is a brilliant all round performance. It's as good as if not better than 30-10-10. He can score 45 points and still lose as has already happened in the past against the same Spurs. He was a monster on the boards and dishing out assists like apple pies more so than usual. His driving lane was blocked so it was either up to the role players to step up, which they didn't except Ray Allen, or him going on a 3 shooting binge, which would've been more detrimental to the team chemistry for the rest of the series had it not panned out.

Ajfar
June 8, 2013, 04:58 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eqsL0L2fTfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

al Furqaan
June 8, 2013, 05:18 PM
Only watched a bit of the first half of game 1. But its going to be tough for the Heat to win the championship again. Spurs are on a role. They have only lost 2 games so far this playoffs. They're 13-2 which is impressive in the postseason. I do believe this series will go to at least 6 games, possibly 7. But Miami lost home court and will have to now win a game in San Antonio to get it back.

Gladiators
June 10, 2013, 12:38 AM
Supporting cast showed up for Miami big time, and that block by LeBron - poor Splitter :lol:

Finishing the game with a 30-5 run, series back to 1-1, and yes the Spurs will still be feeling good, they took away home court from the Heat...but Miami will also be feeling pretty good.

Bosh
Allen
Chalmers

all played pretty well.

Tiger444
June 10, 2013, 02:34 PM
Miami seems to do better when they are under pressure. Even though the Spurs lost badly yesterday, they still did their job by winning by 1 game in Miami. It'll be interesting to see what happens in SA. The Spurs have to win at least 2 games at home. And Miami have to win at least 1 game in SA to force the series back to Miami.

al Furqaan
June 10, 2013, 05:39 PM
What an insane block from King James! I just saw the youtube and I don't think I've ever seen a nastier defensive play in my life. Goddamn!

Tigers_eye
June 11, 2013, 07:03 AM
What an insane block from King James! I just saw the youtube and I don't think I've ever seen a nastier defensive play in my life. Goddamn!
Freak!!!

Tiger444
June 11, 2013, 10:08 AM
Ya Lebron is one hell of an athlete

iDumb
June 11, 2013, 10:22 PM
spurs killing heat with 3 points galore... never seen so much 3 pointer perfection... green and neal

Zeeshan
June 11, 2013, 10:45 PM
i don't watch them games but i do follow sometimes blogs... i have addiction to good writing.. anyone wanna suggest some good sports (basketball) blogs

Zeeshan
June 12, 2013, 03:33 PM
no fans of michael jordan here? lol and how come no videos... sohel bhai's nhl thread is so much cooler... fail tumra fail...

zman
June 16, 2013, 10:17 PM
The Manu of old is back! What better game to pick to make such fantastic comeback than the pivotal game 5 with the series tied at 2 apiece. Beating the Heat even once in two tries will be a formidable challenge no doubt. But if Manu continues to play like this, nobody is stopping the Spurs from raising the Larry O'Brien trophy.

Roey Haque
June 17, 2013, 09:38 AM
no fans of michael jordan here?

Danny Green > Michael Jordan

zman
June 17, 2013, 10:30 AM
^I concur...MJ who? BE LIKE DANNY.

Danny Green da new basketball King

zman
June 18, 2013, 08:04 PM
Game 7 about to start. Game 6 for Miami but Game 7 for San Antonio. With momentum on their side and Manu back in vintage form, this is their only chance. If the Spurs lose today, trophy goes to Miami. No way in the world LeBron and Co. will lose a winner takes it all game 7 at home.

Tiger444
June 18, 2013, 09:17 PM
Duncan with 25 points, 8 Reb 11/13 from the field. Miami needs to stop taking so many jumpers. If they continue with this effort, they'll lose. Need to play smarter. As for the Spirs, they have to continue the good work

zman
June 18, 2013, 09:32 PM
What do the Heat do now? Keep playing Timmie straight up? or double team him and leave Danny Green and the shooters alone? This game is turning into a chess match as much as basketball, and one thing for sure - we're in for an epic second half.

Tiger444
June 18, 2013, 10:08 PM
Lebron s struggle continues. 3/12 from the field. Heat haven't looked good this game. Spurs look like they got this unless they drastically play better

Tiger444
June 18, 2013, 10:54 PM
What do the Heat do now? Keep playing Timmie straight up? or double team him and leave Danny Green and the shooters alone? This game is turning into a chess match as much as basketball, and one thing for sure - we're in for an epic second half.

Epic it has been. What a turnaround by Lebron. OT now

iDumb
June 18, 2013, 10:54 PM
amazing game going on.. overtime. this heat team is something else man.

Tiger444
June 18, 2013, 11:02 PM
It's really been a back and forth game

iDumb
June 18, 2013, 11:15 PM
all that ppl in the stadium got their every pennies worth and more....cant get any better than this... but i feel bad cuz spurs didnt win... hopefully next game..... dont need this close....

al Furqaan
June 19, 2013, 01:00 PM
King James has his 2nd ridiculous block of the series. And finishes on Duncan at the other end.

Zeeshan
June 19, 2013, 01:17 PM
arrey video kois dadas.... sohel er thred ta to'h gune ganeh tekkah Not chicken tikka diye fellow.go.. video kois????? eishob commentry charles vi coventry diye laab nai

Tigers_eye
June 22, 2013, 02:43 AM
Congrats on the Heat. Got lucky this year. Granger, Rose, Deng, Westbrook made it easy. Tony Parker on one leg compensated Allen, Bosh, Miller's duck scoring. Yep 7th game at home and they didn't score any. However, LeBron deserved his 2nd MVP.

So to question who is better?

Lebron or Wade (prime)?

Tiger444
June 24, 2013, 12:11 PM
^I agree but whenever you win a championship, you need some sort of luck along the way. Congrats to the Heat and in the end, they showed they had a bit too much talent for the Spurs in the end. Lebron really needs to hit the jumper more consistently. Just look how dominant he was in game 7. If he can do that on a consistent basis, he'll be even more unstoppable than he is now. They also will need a better supporting cast. They have far too many old players and that almost cost them. They need a younger and fresher supporting cast plus some big men. Birdman is a good energy guy but they need more.

As for your question, T_E, I'd pick Lebron even though that's tough. He can do what Wade does except he's a better scorer, passer and rebounder. The only thing that's debatable is whose more clutch? Before I'd pick Wade but now it seems as though it'd be tough to pick.

Tigers_eye
June 27, 2013, 09:14 PM
^ not a better scorer. Wade can put 40 any day if healthy. That is with Shaq and he did it. The point was made considering his (prime).

Ajfar
June 28, 2013, 08:21 PM
Forget rooting for the Celtics, I'll just be rooting against the Nets next season. We need them to suck big time, so we can get a lottery pick out of them. Apparently next year's draft class is suppose to be one of the best in years. Celtics might as well come dead last next season, so that we can draft Andrew Wiggins, the next big thing.

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2013, 08:32 AM
Forget rooting for the Celtics, I'll just be rooting against the Nets next season. We need them to suck big time, so we can get a lottery pick out of them. Apparently next year's draft class is suppose to be one of the best in years. Celtics might as well come dead last next season, so that we can draft Andrew Wiggins, the next big thing.
Wiggins will be #1. He is in good hands at Kansas. That pick most likely will go to Charlotte. :wave:

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2013, 08:35 AM
How did Cavs blowup again with the #1 pick? Drop down if you don't want to top players. Get multiple picks.

Dan Gilbert is paying for his karma.

Tiger444
June 29, 2013, 08:46 AM
^ not a better scorer. Wade can put 40 any day if healthy. That is with Shaq and he did it. The point was made considering his (prime).

You could make a case for both I guess. It's tough to really say whose better in their prime. We can say from this that both are great players

Tiger444
June 29, 2013, 08:48 AM
How did Cavs blowup again with the #1 pick? Drop down if you don't want to top players. Get multiple picks.

Dan Gilbert is paying for his karma.

Not much confidence in Bennett? :) Cavs have done well when picking with the 1st pick getting both Lebron and Kyrie so lets see how Bennett does.

Tiger444
June 29, 2013, 08:51 AM

I doubt you guys will be that bad. The Bobcats, Magic, Suns are all much worse. Then you got the kings, Pelicans and Pistons.

Tigers_eye
June 30, 2013, 02:14 AM
You could make a case for both I guess. It's tough to really say whose better in their prime. We can say from this that both are great players
U r correct. Thus he is not out and out the best player in his team. How can people even compare him to other greats? (hint - MJ)

zman
July 2, 2013, 07:59 PM
Dwayne was great in his prime but Lebron is just a different animal with mind boggling consistency in the past five six years. Wade probably had one or two really amazing seasons in his prime. Lebron has had four or five already with no end of that streak in sight. He probably hasn't reached his peak yet and has at least three or four more great seasons left in his tank.

I've long maintained that the player with the greatest killer instinct in basketball not named MJ is Kobe Bean Bryant. So at first it was difficult for me to accept that Lebron > Kobe although Lebron kept raising his game every season and pulling away from the rest of the competition.

Now I'm convinced he's not only better than anyone else today, when it's all said and done he'll probably be considered one of the top three players of all time having won 5/6 championships, 7/8 MVP trophies, 1/2 Defensive player of the year awards, so on and so forth. Just like MJ he's one of a kind. He's more like Magic Johnson but has a superior offensive game.

What slightly tarnishes his legacy for me is not winning at least one championship in Cleveland - which I believe he could've done if he stayed there for one or two seasons - before jumping ship and forming a super team.

Leafs PWN
December 9, 2013, 03:19 PM
He couldn't have won anything in Cleveland with that roster. They needed another star/superstar to help out Lebron. He has won in Miami because of his own talent first, but also because he has an excellent support cast.